|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the job of the Preface?
(a) To tell the readers what they should know.
(b) To act as a government health warning.
(c) To inform the reader of the later ideas of the book.
(d) To warn readers.
2. Why is it important in Friere's estimation to break static reality?
(a) Freedom allows us to evolve as a species and to not be manipulated or used.
(b) Because static reality is too unhealthy.
(c) Because static reality costs too much money.
(d) Because it is fun.
3. Who was Karl Marx?
(a) A Russian Premier.
(b) A historical industrialist.
(c) A political theorist, one of the fathers of Communism.
(d) A leader of armies.
4. What is the goal of critical consciousness?
(a) To lead a revolution.
(b) To be the perfect worker at your job.
(c) To become fully humanized.
(d) To become the best in society.
5. What point of view is this book written from?
(a) Fourth person.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person.
(d) First person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frier use the example of Mr. Giddy?
2. What is Philosophy?
3. What is an Authority figure?
4. What is Mr Giddy's view on education?
5. What does Friere think the true goal of education is?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)