|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why, does Friere say, oppression is dehumanizing?
(a) It doesn't mean to be.
(b) Because oppression cannot manage many people at one time.
(c) Because the oppressed are not treated as individuals any more.
(d) Because it has to be.
2. What does Friere propose to do to the education system?
(a) Create a new sort of education that is based on partnership.
(b) To enforce it.
(c) To reinforce it.
(d) To control it.
3. What does it mean to be one of the oppressed?
(a) Oppression means you live with the threat of death.
(b) Oppression means you are incarcerated.
(c) Oppression means your freedoms, wants and desires are curtailed by others who hold power over your actions.
(d) Oppression means you live under occupation.
4. How are philosophy and critical consciousness linked?
(a) Philosophy has a passing relevance to critical consciousness.
(b) Philosophy helps study principle truths and statements.
(c) It isn't.
(d) Philosophers always encourage critical thinking.
5. What is propositional thinking?
(a) Talking about marriage.
(b) Talking about politics.
(c) Analyzing an argument in terms of its fundamental propositions (or positions).
(d) Talking mostly fantasies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frier use the example of Mr. Giddy?
2. What is meant by the term ‘poverty of opportunity’?
3. Why do we need to become humanized, according to Friere?
4. In what way is pedagogy transmitted to the next generation, according to the author?
5. What is the purpose of critical pedagogy?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)