|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mr. Giddy hold his specific view on education?
(a) Because he thought the poor had better things to do than go to school.
(b) Because he thought the poor would become unhappy and unproductive workers.
(c) Because he thought the poor didn't want to go to school.
(d) Because he liked the poor.
2. In what school of thought can the ideas of the book be placed?
(b) Critical theory.
3. What point of view is this book written from?
(a) Second person.
(b) First person.
(c) Fourth person.
(d) Third person.
4. Why, does Friere say, oppression is dehumanizing?
(a) It doesn't mean to be.
(b) Because oppression cannot manage many people at one time.
(c) Because it has to be.
(d) Because the oppressed are not treated as individuals any more.
5. Who does Friere explain is dehumanized through the Oppression and Oppressed relationship?
(a) The Oppressed.
(b) The Oppressors.
(c) Both parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean to be one of the oppressed?
2. Does one have to live in a tyrannical state to be oppressed?
3. What is pedagogy?
4. Why are power structures necessarily bad, according to Friere?
5. What is a 'culture of oppression' according to Friere?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)