|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does one have to live in a tyrannical state to be oppressed?
(c) No, one can be oppressed by peer pressure, economics, fashion and trends.
(d) Most of the time.
2. What does Paolo Friere mean by critical thinking?
(a) The ability to question things.
(b) The ability to discern good from bad.
(c) The ability to be overly critical and negative.
(d) The ability to study philosophy.
3. Why are power structures necessarily bad, according to Friere?
(a) Because they always have the weak at the bottom and the strong at the top.
(b) Because those at the top always turn into dictators.
(c) Because those at the bottom express unthinking loyalty.
(d) Because they cost a lot to maintain.
4. What is a critical consciousness?
(a) An overly argumentative person.
(b) An overly suspicious mind.
(c) A view that questions everything around itself.
(d) A high achiever.
5. In what way is pedagogy transmitted to the next generation, according to the author?
(a) Through self-learning.
(b) Through television adverts.
(c) Through churches.
(d) Through education and the media.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does critical thinking help to analyzes, according to Friere?
2. What does Friere think the true goal of education is?
3. Who are the Oppressors?
4. What is Friere's conception of the static reality?
5. What is a necrophilous person, according to Fromm?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)