|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Paulo Friere?
(a) An American academic.
(b) A Russian revolutionary.
(c) A British subvert.
(d) A Brazilian teacher, socialist and educator.
2. What is an Authority figure?
(a) Someone we always look up to.
(b) Someone we look up to.
(c) Someone who has power over those below them.
(d) Someone we should look up to.
3. Why are power structures necessarily bad, according to Friere?
(a) Because they cost a lot to maintain.
(b) Because those at the top always turn into dictators.
(c) Because those at the bottom express unthinking loyalty.
(d) Because they always have the weak at the bottom and the strong at the top.
4. What is the goal of critical consciousness?
(a) To become fully humanized.
(b) To become the best in society.
(c) To lead a revolution.
(d) To be the perfect worker at your job.
5. What is a critical consciousness?
(a) An overly suspicious mind.
(b) A high achiever.
(c) A view that questions everything around itself.
(d) An overly argumentative person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Friere explain is dehumanized through the Oppression and Oppressed relationship?
2. What is pedagogy?
3. Why is dialogue so important to break these oppressive pedagogies?
4. What is Marxism?
5. What is Mr Giddy's view on education?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)