|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an Authority figure?
(a) Someone we should look up to.
(b) Someone who has power over those below them.
(c) Someone we look up to.
(d) Someone we always look up to.
2. What does Friere state unapologetically that his position is?
3. What does Friere maintain in the Preface that his readers must be ready for?
(c) The time of their lives.
4. Who was Mr. Giddy?
(a) A Brazilian Premier.
(b) An actor.
(c) A Marxist Revolutionary.
(d) A president of the Royal Society.
5. When was this book written?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it important in Friere's estimation to break static reality?
2. What is a revolutionary?
3. How are philosophy and critical consciousness linked?
4. In what school of thought can the ideas of the book be placed?
5. Who will become freed when the Oppressed rise up?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)