|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it mean to be an actualized or fully humanized human being, according to Friere?
(a) To possess true freedom of thought.
(b) To be enlightened.
(c) To follow a particular system of thought.
(d) To be of democratic voting age.
2. What does Friere state unapologetically that his position is?
3. What is the job of the Preface?
(a) To act as a government health warning.
(b) To tell the readers what they should know.
(c) To inform the reader of the later ideas of the book.
(d) To warn readers.
4. What point of view is this book written from?
(a) Third person.
(b) First person.
(c) Fourth person.
(d) Second person.
5. What does it mean to be one of the oppressed?
(a) Oppression means you live under occupation.
(b) Oppression means you are incarcerated.
(c) Oppression means your freedoms, wants and desires are curtailed by others who hold power over your actions.
(d) Oppression means you live with the threat of death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Friere propose to do to the education system?
2. Who or what is the 'ruling elite'?
3. What is a radical in this context?
4. Who was Karl Marx?
5. What is Friere's conception of the static reality?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)