|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Friere maintain in the Preface that his readers must be ready for?
(d) The time of their lives.
2. In what school of thought can the ideas of the book be placed?
(c) Critical theory.
3. What, in the author’s estimation, is a critical consciousness?
(a) A form of mental illness.
(b) A very important individual.
(c) A mind that never questions anything.
(d) The ability to question everything rationally.
4. What is the goal of critical consciousness?
(a) To become the best in society.
(b) To become fully humanized.
(c) To lead a revolution.
(d) To be the perfect worker at your job.
5. What is a revolutionary?
(a) One who wants a complete change in the structure and order of society.
(b) Someone who agrees with their rulers.
(c) One who disagrees with anything told to them.
(d) One who seeks to destroy society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is propaganda?
2. Who was Paulo Friere?
3. Who is the author of this book?
4. What is a 'culture of oppression' according to Friere?
5. Who or what is the 'ruling elite'?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)