|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an ‘Epochal Unit’?
(a) A phase in prehistory.
(b) A discussion of the future.
(c) A type of rock.
(d) A phase in history.
2. What branch of philosophy uses Praxis consistently in its approach, marking Friere as a member this school of thought?
(a) Critical theory.
3. What future negative aspects does the Banking Education promote, according to Friere?
(a) Banking education teaches students to be cruel and tough.
(b) Banking education teaches prejudice.
(c) Banking education teaches violence.
(d) That a student, worker or citizen only has worth because of their training or job etc.
4. What effect does Oppression have on the human spirit, according to Friere?
(a) A form of actualization.
(b) A form of maturity.
(c) A form of conscientization.
(d) A form of animalization.
5. Who will become freed when the Oppressed rise up?
(a) Both Oppressed and the Oppressors.
(b) Only the very poorest.
(c) The Oppressors.
(d) The Oppressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Friere's problem-solving education promote equality?
2. Which of the below is cultural manipulation?
3. Which of the following is an example of social division?
4. Why is it important in Friere's estimation to break static reality?
5. What, in the author’s estimation, is a critical consciousness?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)