|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it mean to be an actualized or fully humanized human being, according to Friere?
(a) To be enlightened.
(b) To follow a particular system of thought.
(c) To be of democratic voting age.
(d) To possess true freedom of thought.
2. Who are the Middle Classes?
(a) Those in charge of the rest of society.
(b) Those who have to work for the rest of society.
(c) The moderately comfortable in terms of employment, security and healthcare.
(d) Those who have no work and no hope of gaining any.
3. In Friere's system, what is the educator's relationship to the oppressed?
(b) One of solidarity with them.
4. Who are the Oppressors?
(a) A type of soldier.
(b) Those in charge of society.
(c) Those at the bottom of society.
(d) A music group.
5. Why does Friere think that a specific form of education is a contradiction?
(a) It doesn't teach, it just imparts.
(b) It supports the military.
(c) It doesn't teach, it only punishes.
(d) It supports the economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do we need to become humanized, according to Friere?
2. Who was Paulo Friere?
3. What does Friere say characterizes the techniques used by the Oppressed to fight their Oppressors?
4. How does Friere use the term ‘contradiction’?
5. What does it mean to be one of the oppressed?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)