|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way is pedagogy transmitted to the next generation, according to the author?
(a) Through education and the media.
(b) Through self-learning.
(c) Through churches.
(d) Through television adverts.
2. What is pedagogy?
(a) A system of religious thought.
(b) A system for oppression.
(c) A philosophy.
(d) A system of educating or training.
3. What is propaganda?
(a) A type of philosophy.
(b) The spread of state-sponsored lies, views or opinions.
(c) A type of society.
(d) A type of school.
4. What is a critical consciousness?
(a) A high achiever.
(b) An overly suspicious mind.
(c) A view that questions everything around itself.
(d) An overly argumentative person.
5. Why are power structures necessarily bad, according to Friere?
(a) Because they always have the weak at the bottom and the strong at the top.
(b) Because those at the top always turn into dictators.
(c) Because those at the bottom express unthinking loyalty.
(d) Because they cost a lot to maintain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean to be an actualized or fully humanized human being, according to Friere?
2. According to Friere, what must the Oppressed first learn to do if they want to be free?
3. What is tyranny?
4. Who are the Oppressors?
5. What occurs when the culture of oppression becomes internalized?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)