|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an Authority figure?
(a) Someone we look up to.
(b) Someone we should look up to.
(c) Someone we always look up to.
(d) Someone who has power over those below them.
2. What is meant by the term ‘poverty of opportunity’?
(a) The inability to afford food because of poverty.
(b) The lack of well-paid jobs to offer.
(c) The inability to move house because of poverty.
(d) The lack of social opportunities open to members of society.
3. Who do the Oppressed blame for their status in life?
(c) No one.
(d) Anyone but their oppressors.
4. Who was Mr. Giddy?
(a) A president of the Royal Society.
(b) A Marxist Revolutionary.
(c) A Brazilian Premier.
(d) An actor.
5. What is propositional thinking?
(a) Analyzing an argument in terms of its fundamental propositions (or positions).
(b) Talking about politics.
(c) Talking mostly fantasies.
(d) Talking about marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Paulo Friere?
2. What occurs when the culture of oppression becomes internalized?
3. What, according to Friere, must the Oppressed have the courage to do?
4. Who are the Oppressors?
5. In what way is pedagogy transmitted to the next generation, according to the author?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)