|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, in the author’s estimation, is a critical consciousness?
(a) A very important individual.
(b) A mind that never questions anything.
(c) A form of mental illness.
(d) The ability to question everything rationally.
2. Who is the author of this book?
(b) Karl Marx.
(c) Paulo Friere.
(d) Erich Fromm.
3. Who are the Oppressors?
(a) A type of soldier.
(b) A music group.
(c) Those in charge of society.
(d) Those at the bottom of society.
4. What is the job of the Preface?
(a) To act as a government health warning.
(b) To inform the reader of the later ideas of the book.
(c) To warn readers.
(d) To tell the readers what they should know.
5. Why do we need to become humanized, according to Friere?
(a) Because humanization will make us more friends.
(b) Because humanization will make us fitter.
(c) Because humanization is a symptom of healthy psychological development.
(d) Because humanization will make us richer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what school of thought can the ideas of the book be placed?
2. Why is dialogue so important to break these oppressive pedagogies?
3. What is Marxism?
4. Why is it important in Friere's estimation to break static reality?
5. What is tyranny?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)