|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marxism?
(a) A company.
(b) A type of education system.
(c) Another word for Russian.
(d) The idea that the power must be in the hands of an egalitarian society.
2. What is Friere's conception of the static reality?
(a) A reality created by the truly free.
(b) The type of society created by the ruling Oppressors.
(c) A reality that changes constantly.
(d) A type of society that predominately uses electricity.
3. What is Mr Giddy's view on education?
(a) n is a noble endeavor.
(b) The poor should never be educated.
(c) Education is costly.
(d) The poor should always be educated.
4. What is a 'culture of oppression' according to Friere?
(a) American Senate system.
(b) When entire societal views, media and beliefs that are based around maintaining class structure.
(c) Televisual society.
(d) European government.
5. Who was Mr. Giddy?
(a) A Brazilian Premier.
(b) A president of the Royal Society.
(c) An actor.
(d) A Marxist Revolutionary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Friere think the true goal of education is?
2. Who was Eric Fromm?
3. What is a necrophilous person, according to Fromm?
4. In what way is pedagogy transmitted to the next generation, according to the author?
5. What does it mean to be an actualized or fully humanized human being, according to Friere?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)