|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Friere's problem-solving system promote?
(a) Knowledge of right from wrong.
(b) Discorded thinking.
(c) Correct thinking.
(d) Free thought.
2. What characterizes an Untested Feasibility?
(d) Freedom to chose.
3. What is a ‘Limit Situation’?
(a) A situation that holds back the Subject.
(b) A situation with no themes involved.
(c) A Situation where the Subject has to confront their emotions.
(d) A situation that frees the Subject.
4. Which of the following is a form of Limit Act?
(a) Holding yourself back from what you want in life.
(b) Choosing any job you want.
(c) Having to take a job you don't like because of poverty.
(d) Being told what to do by a leader.
5. How must the problem in Friere's system be presented to the student?
(a) The problem must be related to their lives in some way.
(b) The problem must be chosen by the student.
(c) The problem must be unrelated to the student’s personal experience.
(d) The problem must be given to the student by the teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is phenomenology?
2. What is a ‘Limit Act’?
3. What is Philosophy?
4. What does Friere think is the difference between humans and other animals?
5. What is a critical consciousness?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)