|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is solidarity with the oppressed important, according to Friere?
(a) Solidarity is the only way to understand the situation clearly.
(b) Solidarity helps the teacher manipulate them.
(c) Solidarity allows you to judge their motives.
(d) Solidarity helps you fight on their behalf.
2. What does critical thinking help to analyzes, according to Friere?
(a) The Oppressors.
(b) The material reality, living conditions, and 'real' situation around the oppressed' lives.
(d) The Oppressed.
3. What form of education does Friere determine is a contradiction?
(a) The banking-education system.
(b) The Religious Education.
(c) The Private Education.
(d) The Scientific Education.
4. Why are power structures necessarily bad, according to Friere?
(a) Because they cost a lot to maintain.
(b) Because those at the bottom express unthinking loyalty.
(c) Because they always have the weak at the bottom and the strong at the top.
(d) Because those at the top always turn into dictators.
5. Why, does Friere say, oppression is dehumanizing?
(a) Because the oppressed are not treated as individuals any more.
(b) It doesn't mean to be.
(c) Because it has to be.
(d) Because oppression cannot manage many people at one time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the Subject in Frier's perspective have freewill?
2. Which social institution supports and continues oppression?
3. What is Mr Giddy's view on education?
4. Does one have to live in a tyrannical state to be oppressed?
5. Who was Gabriel Bode?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)