|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does this institution 'teach' oppression?
(a) It uses tools of oppression such as caning.
(b) There are political posters on the walls.
(c) It enforces uniforms.
(d) It creates an internal 'culture of oppression' in the minds of the student.
2. What symptom makes it obvious to Friere that traditional education is oppressive?
(a) Teachers are given more respect than students.
(b) There is still poverty and class divide.
(c) There is still an economic system.
(d) People are still canned at school.
3. What is a necrophilous person, according to Fromm?
(a) Someone who studies the past.
(b) Someone who studies beetles.
(c) Someone who wants life controlled, mechanized and ordered.
(d) Someone who studies the dead.
4. Who was Gabriel Bode?
(a) A Chilean dictator.
(b) A Russian Marxist.
(c) A Chilean educator.
(d) A Brazilian teacher.
5. Does the Subject in Frier's perspective have freewill?
(c) Only to the extent that they can become aware of their situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is propositional thinking?
2. What is a poverty of the mind in this context?
3. What is a ‘Thematic Universe’?
4. How does the educator use Themes and Epochal Units?
5. Why do we need to become humanized, according to Friere?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)