|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do we need to become humanized, according to Friere?
(a) Because humanization will make us richer.
(b) Because humanization is a symptom of healthy psychological development.
(c) Because humanization will make us fitter.
(d) Because humanization will make us more friends.
2. What is Mr Giddy's view on education?
(a) The poor should always be educated.
(b) n is a noble endeavor.
(c) The poor should never be educated.
(d) Education is costly.
3. How does Friere's problem-solving education promote equality?
(a) It gives students rights.
(b) Students are paid for their time at school.
(c) It treats the students with respect.
(d) Students are allowed to speak when spoken to.
4. Why are power structures necessarily bad, according to Friere?
(a) Because they always have the weak at the bottom and the strong at the top.
(b) Because they cost a lot to maintain.
(c) Because those at the bottom express unthinking loyalty.
(d) Because those at the top always turn into dictators.
5. What does Friere mean by ‘Conscientization’?
(a) An awareness of someone else's situation.
(b) A conscious awareness of one's own situation.
(c) Not reacting violently.
(d) Spreading the good news about liberty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why, according to Friere, do oppressive regimes maintain untested feasibilities?
2. Why does Frier use the example of Mr. Giddy?
3. What does Friere mean by 'codifications'?
4. Why is solidarity with the oppressed important, according to Friere?
5. What is phenomenology?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)