Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Avery warns that which of the following is imminent?
2. How well does Wiki interact with Paul's computer?
3. How does Della figure out that Mike is in an Authority vehicle?
4. Where does Mike suggest that Paul move?
5. What does Della do while she is out on a walk with Mike?
The final chapters of the book center around the final conflict between the Tinkers and the Authority. After Paul and the others are discovered, a large battle ensues, raging in the area around the Authority enclave for multiple days.
1) Briefly explain the events leading up to the final conflict between the Tinkers and the Authority and the reasons both sides have for engaging in the conflict.
2) Discuss the major advantages both sides bring to the battle, including factors such as intelligence, planning, numbers, and technology.
3) Describe the course of the battle, including its major events and resolution.
The Authority is a world-spanning organization that maintains control over most of the globe through aggressive use of the bobbles, which it has exclusive access to. Although it ostensibly exists to maintain peace throughout the world, it also causes a considerable amount of human suffering and carries out various immoral acts.
1) Discuss what the Authority is, and how it came to power. Explain its organization, goals, and resources.
2) Describe the ways the Authority harms humanity through its restrictions on technology and its aggressive maintenance of the peace.
3) Explain how the Authority is able to maintain public support for its rule, despite its despotic activities and harsh restrictions.
The Red Arrow Industries are the remnants of a foreign military force from the advent of the Peace Authority. Over the years, they have changed significantly and play an important role in the conflict between the Tinkers and the Authority.
1) Describe the origins of Red Arrow Industries, including how they came into conflict with the Authority, and how and why they settled in North America.
2) Explain how Red Arrow Industries operates as a community and as a manufacturing business. Discuss their technological and business relationship with the Tinkers and the organization of their settlement.
3) Discuss the role that Red Arrow Industries plays in the conflict between the Tinkers and the Authority.
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)