|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Della and Mike corner Wili, what does Della tell Mike to do?
(a) Get the attention of the Authority agents.
(b) Hold Wili captive.
(c) Find a weapon to kill Wili with.
(d) Force Wili to talk.
2. About how long has the Authority been in power?
(a) A hundred years.
(b) Fifty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Ten years.
3. What does Della want to do with Kaladze?
(a) Trick him into betraying Paul and the Tinkers.
(b) Arrest him.
(c) Manipulate him into doing something that will help the Authority.
(d) Assassinate him.
4. How does Kaladze react to Della's goading?
(a) He sends her away.
(b) He has her placed under surveillance.
(c) He reprimands her but does nothing else.
(d) He has her jailed again.
5. What does Wili do as part of his plan to help the hostages from the chess tournament?
(a) He embobbles their captors.
(b) He embobbles them.
(c) He alerts the Tinkers to their location.
(d) He organizes a raid to rescue them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Della feel about the security at the station where Paul and the others have been stopped?
2. What does Della think about her control over Mike after the ten days that Kaladze held them for?
3. What kind of a compound is the Authority enclave built into?
4. How many people does Della estimate would have been killed had her attack on the pass been successful?
5. Where does Mike suggest that Paul move?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kaladze say Wili should trust Mike?
2. Why are Paul and the others stopped on the road to the Authority enclave?
3. Why does Avery decide to enact Renaissance?
4. Why does Mike decide to embobble himself?
5. What new device do Paul and Wili create together?
6. Why does Wili decide to trust Mike?
7. How is Wili able to move safely through the dangerous neighborhoods around the embobbled tenement building?
8. What major intelligence problem does the Authority face during the battle, and what does Della recommend to solve it?
9. How does Wili manipulate the Authority's communication system for the Tinker's advantage?
10. How does Avery lose control over the situation early in the battle with the Tinkers?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)