|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kaladze's group waiting for?
(a) Paul's new device to be completed.
(b) The collapse of a nearby bobble.
(c) The arrival of allies.
(d) The arrival of Spring.
2. What does Wili do as part of his plan to help the hostages from the chess tournament?
(a) He embobbles them.
(b) He organizes a raid to rescue them.
(c) He embobbles their captors.
(d) He alerts the Tinkers to their location.
3. What does Paul think will happen to the bobbles in the coming years?
(a) They will all explode catastrophically.
(b) They will continue to collapse.
(c) They will stop being used by the Authority.
(d) They will begin shrinking.
4. What kind of a compound is the Authority enclave built into?
(a) A military base.
(b) A nuclear bunker.
(c) A university.
(d) An industrial center.
5. Where does Mike suggest that Paul move?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does Della estimate would have been killed had her attack on the pass been successful?
2. Allison says that before the bobbles, mankind was close to achieving what major technological goal?
3. What does Wili reveal about the nature of bobbles?
4. What does Avery say the Tinkers would need to create their own bobbles?
5. When Paul briefly comes to his senses during the battle, what does he ask?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mike betray Della?
2. How are Paul and the others able to travel to the Authority enclave in secret?
3. How is Wili able to move safely through the dangerous neighborhoods around the embobbled tenement building?
4. How does Della and Mike's relationship change while they are at Kaladze's camp?
5. How and why do Mike and Wili demonstrate their new bobble generator?
6. What happens during Della's attack on the pass?
7. Why does Avery decide to enact Renaissance?
8. Why does Paul decide to embobble himself?
9. Why does Wili decide to trust Mike?
10. How does Wili predict where the embobbled tenement building will go?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)