|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Della explains that the Authority believes the Tinkers have achieved what advanced technology?
(c) Space travel.
(d) Time travel.
2. The woman who greets Mike, Wili, and Jeremy at the entrance to the bioscience lab tells them what?
(a) She knows they were coming.
(b) She knows what they are up to.
(c) They are too late for the tour.
(d) They are not welcome.
3. Paul tells Wili that two moving points of light in the sky are what?
(a) Space stations.
4. What organization was Jeremy's grandfather a part of?
(a) The Red Arrow Battalion.
(b) The Mechanized Recon Group.
(c) The Covert Reaction Brigade.
(d) The Advance Guard.
5. When Wili and Jeremy return to the chess tournament, what has happened?
(a) Everyone there has been taken by the Authority.
(b) The tournament is mysteriously deserted.
(c) The hotel has been bobbled.
(d) The area is surrounded by soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Angus pick up as he recovers from the crash?
2. How many servants does Paul have?
3. Allison and Angus realize that which of the following is likely to draw attention?
4. Which of the following is one of the chores Wili is assigned to?
5. What is Della's mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the symptoms of the illness that overcomes Wili during the first winter he spends with Paul.
2. Which group does Mike betray by taking Wili to the bioscientists?
3. What is unusual about the guests Paul receives at his house?
4. How and why did the Red Arrow Battalion settle in America?
5. What types of advanced technology does Paul introduce to Wili?
6. What happens to Jeremy as he, Wili, and Mike attempt to escape from the bioscience lab?
7. Why does Paul not accompany Wili to the chess tournament?
8. How did Wili's parent's react when they discovered his illness?
9. What is Wili's plan when he arrives at Paul's home?
10. What are Paul's reasons for accepting Wili as an apprentice?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)