|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many servants does Paul have?
2. Where does Angus believe he and Allison have crashed?
(a) Another planet.
(b) Earth, in the past.
(c) Central America.
3. What does Mike think about Wili's illness?
(a) He is near death.
(b) He will eventually die of it, regardless of care.
(c) He is exaggerating it.
(d) He will recover quickly without further aid.
4. What does Wili intend to do when he leaves Paul's house?
(a) Burn it down.
(b) Kill Paul.
(c) Steal any valuable items.
(d) Steal the horses.
5. What does Wili lack that most of the other chess players have?
(a) Formal training.
(b) Mental implants.
(c) A computerized aid.
(d) A registration code.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Paul's house located?
2. How does Paul find out about the attempt to capture Angus and Allison?
3. What does Della say the Authority intends to do with the Tinkers?
4. What does Paul use for transportation?
5. Della explains that the Authority believes the Tinkers have achieved what advanced technology?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the symptoms of the illness that overcomes Wili during the first winter he spends with Paul.
2. How is the bioscience lab hidden?
3. How did Wili's parent's react when they discovered his illness?
4. What types of advanced technology does Paul introduce to Wili?
5. What is Paul's opinion about the bobbles?
6. What discovery causes the Authority to become more suspicious about the Tinkers?
7. How and why did the Red Arrow Battalion settle in America?
8. According to the bioscientists, what is the nature of and cure for Wili's disease?
9. Describe Paul's physical and personality characteristics.
10. What happens to Jeremy as he, Wili, and Mike attempt to escape from the bioscience lab?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)