|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cover does Paul plan to use to conceal his reasons for taking Wili for treatment?
(a) A meeting with an old friend.
(b) A conference about technology.
(c) An alternate identity as a merchant.
(d) A chess tournament.
2. Della sees the people who were at the chess tournament as which of the following?
3. When Wili and Jeremy return to the chess tournament, what has happened?
(a) The area is surrounded by soldiers.
(b) The hotel has been bobbled.
(c) The tournament is mysteriously deserted.
(d) Everyone there has been taken by the Authority.
4. What happens to Angus during the Authority's attempt to capture the crash survivors?
(a) He betrays Allison.
(b) He is captured.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He narrowly escapes.
5. What does Wili lack that most of the other chess players have?
(a) Formal training.
(b) Mental implants.
(c) A registration code.
(d) A computerized aid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual structure does Angus report having seen during the crash?
2. What position does Miguel Rosas hold?
3. What was Wili's social status in the factions?
4. What does Paul try to convince Jeremy's grandfather of?
5. What is Della's mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Wili's plan when he arrives at Paul's home?
2. How is the bioscience lab hidden?
3. What traits do Wili and Paul share?
4. How is Wili treated at Paul's house?
5. What is the Authority's plan for the Tinkers?
6. What does Red Arrow Industries produce?
7. Why does Paul not accompany Wili to the chess tournament?
8. What is Paul's home like?
9. What happens to Jeremy as he, Wili, and Mike attempt to escape from the bioscience lab?
10. At the Peace Authority, what causes are discussed for the collapse of the bobble near Greater Tucson?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)