|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Paul's assessment of Wili's intellectual progress?
(a) He is impressed by it.
(b) It just measures up to his expectations.
(c) He is disappointed in it.
(d) He is baffled by it.
2. How has Mike been working with the Authority?
(a) By helping to arrest targets for the Authority.
(b) By reporting on crime in his area.
(c) By giving them the location of the bioscience lab.
(d) By giving them the names of Tinkers.
3. Who does Paul think will be able to help Wili?
(a) The gene constructors.
(b) The Alchemists.
(c) The bioscientists.
(d) The Peace Authority.
4. Where does Avery believe the blast that shattered the bobble originated?
(a) From California.
(b) From the Peace Authority.
(c) From within the bobble.
(d) From somewhere in Asia.
5. What does Angus go in search of after the crash?
(a) A friendly patrol.
(b) An aid station.
(c) A road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Paul ask Mike to play with him?
2. Jill, the being that Wili initially took for a ghost, is really what?
3. Which of the following is one of the symptoms of Wili's sickness?
4. Where does Allison think their aircraft crashed?
5. When Wili and Jeremy return to the chess tournament, what has happened?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Paul's physical and personality characteristics.
2. How is Wili treated at Paul's house?
3. What happens to Jeremy as he, Wili, and Mike attempt to escape from the bioscience lab?
4. At the Peace Authority, what causes are discussed for the collapse of the bobble near Greater Tucson?
5. What discovery causes the Authority to become more suspicious about the Tinkers?
6. What types of advanced technology does Paul introduce to Wili?
7. What traits do Wili and Paul share?
8. What is the Santa Yrez Police Company, and why are they present at the Old California Shopping Center?
9. Describe the symptoms of the illness that overcomes Wili during the first winter he spends with Paul.
10. What is the relationship between the Tinkers and the Authority?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)