|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why have others often urged Paul to take on an apprentice?
(a) To help him in his workshop.
(b) To provide more jobs in the community.
(c) So they can steal his techniques.
(d) So he can pass on his knowledge.
2. Which of the following is one of the symptoms of Wili's sickness?
(a) His skin becomes discolored.
(b) He is unable to sleep.
(c) His eyes turn red.
(d) He loses weight.
3. Why does Wili believe he will be killed if he returns to the factions?
(a) He would no longer know the latest passwords.
(b) He might have shared their secrets.
(c) He would be seen as a traitor.
(d) He might have been corrupted by outside ideas.
4. What does Wili call Paul's home?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A laboratory.
(c) A dumb.
(d) A mess.
5. What does Angus say was unusual about the tombstone he saw at the crash site?
(a) It had Allison's name on it.
(b) The name was written in an ancient language.
(c) It had no name on it.
(d) It had Angus's name on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul use for transportation?
2. What does Della say the Authority intends to do with the Tinkers?
3. To whom does Allison intend to report her findings about Livermore?
4. Paul tells Wili that two moving points of light in the sky are what?
5. What unusual structure does Angus report having seen during the crash?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the Peace Authority, what causes are discussed for the collapse of the bobble near Greater Tucson?
2. What types of advanced technology does Paul introduce to Wili?
3. What is Wili's assessment of the situation with Mike and Della?
4. How does Paul help Allison escape from the Authority?
5. How did Wili's parent's react when they discovered his illness?
6. What traits do Wili and Paul share?
7. How is the bioscience lab hidden?
8. What sacrifice does Jill make for Wili?
9. Why does Mike contact Della, and what information is exchanged?
10. What is Avery's attitude towards the Tinkers?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)