|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mike think about Wili's illness?
(a) He will recover quickly without further aid.
(b) He will eventually die of it, regardless of care.
(c) He is exaggerating it.
(d) He is near death.
2. Wili's sickness causes what to fall out easily?
(a) A toenail.
(b) His hair.
(c) A fingernail.
(d) A tooth.
3. What does Paul try to convince Jeremy's grandfather of?
(a) That he is in danger.
(b) That he should relocate the company.
(c) That he should help fight the Authority.
(d) That he should produce an untested device for Paul.
4. Where does Angus believe he and Allison have crashed?
(a) Central America.
(b) Another planet.
(c) Earth, in the past.
5. How was Allison injured during the crash?
(a) She broke her wrist.
(b) She cut her shoulder and arm.
(c) She received a concussion.
(d) She cut her leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. The pain from Wili's sickness is primarily concentrated where?
2. What date was printed on the tombstone Angus saw at the crash site?
3. What unusual being does Wili believe he sees in Paul's house?
4. What type of transportation do most of the people at the Old California Shopping Center use?
5. Hamilton Avery explains that what area was destroyed by the detonation of a bobble?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why did the Red Arrow Battalion settle in America?
2. What types of advanced technology does Paul introduce to Wili?
3. What is Wili's plan when he arrives at Paul's home?
4. What discovery causes the Authority to become more suspicious about the Tinkers?
5. How and why does Della manipulate Mike?
6. What is Avery's attitude towards the Tinkers?
7. Explain the factors that contributed to Wili's decision to stay with Paul.
8. Who was Sylvester, and what did he do for Wili?
9. How is Wili treated at Paul's house?
10. Describe the symptoms of the illness that overcomes Wili during the first winter he spends with Paul.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)