|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Paul as known as?
(a) The tech genius.
(b) The alchemist.
(c) The fixer.
(d) The tinker wizard.
2. What does Wili call Paul's home?
(a) A laboratory.
(b) A mansion.
(c) A dumb.
(d) A mess.
3. The pain from Wili's sickness is primarily concentrated where?
(a) In his head.
(b) In his chest.
(c) In his spine.
(d) In his stomach.
4. What is Wili's assessment of his intellectual progress?
(a) He is overconfident in it.
(b) He is despondent over it.
(c) He has no opinion about it.
(d) He is frustrated with it.
5. The woman who greets Mike, Wili, and Jeremy at the entrance to the bioscience lab tells them what?
(a) She knows they were coming.
(b) They are too late for the tour.
(c) They are not welcome.
(d) She knows what they are up to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of transportation do most of the people at the Old California Shopping Center use?
2. The people who gather at the Old California Shopping Center refer to themselves as what?
3. Hamilton Avery explains that what area was destroyed by the detonation of a bobble?
4. Wili's sickness causes him to constantly experience what?
5. What aspect of bobbles contributes to the artificial ecosystem around them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Paul's home like?
2. Why does Paul not accompany Wili to the chess tournament?
3. How is Wili treated at Paul's house?
4. What are Paul's reasons for accepting Wili as an apprentice?
5. Who was Sylvester, and what did he do for Wili?
6. What discovery causes the Authority to become more suspicious about the Tinkers?
7. What is the Santa Yrez Police Company, and why are they present at the Old California Shopping Center?
8. What types of advanced technology does Paul introduce to Wili?
9. What is Avery's attitude towards the Tinkers?
10. What is unusual about the guests Paul receives at his house?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)