|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Allison intend to report her findings about Livermore?
(a) Fred Torres.
(b) Angus Quiller.
(c) Paul Hoehler.
(d) Miguel Rosas.
2. What does Irma force Wili to do as he settles into Paul's household?
(b) Confess his sins.
(c) Learn to read.
(d) Give up theft.
3. Hamilton Avery explains that what area was destroyed by the detonation of a bobble?
(a) Metropolitan Los Angeles.
(b) Greater Tucson.
(c) The Californian shelf.
(d) The Oregon range.
4. Why does Wili believe he will be killed if he returns to the factions?
(a) He would no longer know the latest passwords.
(b) He would be seen as a traitor.
(c) He might have been corrupted by outside ideas.
(d) He might have shared their secrets.
5. What aspect of bobbles contributes to the artificial ecosystem around them?
(a) The sunlight they reflect.
(b) They electromagnetic waves they emit.
(c) They disturbances they create in the soil.
(d) The vibrations that they cause.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Paul's house located?
2. At the tournament, who does Wili note has not been taken by the Authority?
3. Who does Paul think will be able to help Wili?
4. When she is first introduced, where had Della Lu recently returned from?
5. What is Paul as known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Paul's physical and personality characteristics.
2. Why does Paul not accompany Wili to the chess tournament?
3. How is the bioscience lab hidden?
4. What is the Authority's plan for the Tinkers?
5. How did Wili's parent's react when they discovered his illness?
6. How and why does Della manipulate Mike?
7. Who was Sylvester, and what did he do for Wili?
8. How do Paul's and Mile's assessments of Wili's illness differ?
9. What is the relationship between the Tinkers and the Authority?
10. What traits do Wili and Paul share?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)