|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wili believe he will be killed if he returns to the factions?
(a) He might have been corrupted by outside ideas.
(b) He would no longer know the latest passwords.
(c) He would be seen as a traitor.
(d) He might have shared their secrets.
2. How many servants does Paul have?
3. Paul tells Wili that two moving points of light in the sky are what?
(d) Space stations.
4. What do Paul's guests bring with them?
(c) Unusual devices.
(d) Secret messages.
5. What does Paul use for transportation?
(a) A modern car.
(b) An automated cart.
(c) A horse.
(d) A teleportation device.
Short Answer Questions
1. Allison and Angus realize that which of the following is likely to draw attention?
2. What devices do Paul and the others use to help protect them from their pursuers?
3. What does Della threaten Mike with, should he fail to cooperate with her?
4. At the tournament, who does Wili note has not been taken by the Authority?
5. What does Paul disguise himself as when he leaves the Kaladze area?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Wili's plan when he arrives at Paul's home?
2. What is unusual about the guests Paul receives at his house?
3. What is the Santa Yrez Police Company, and why are they present at the Old California Shopping Center?
4. How is Wili treated at Paul's house?
5. What is the Authority's plan for the Tinkers?
6. How and why did the Red Arrow Battalion settle in America?
7. How and why does Della manipulate Mike?
8. Describe the symptoms of the illness that overcomes Wili during the first winter he spends with Paul.
9. What discovery causes the Authority to become more suspicious about the Tinkers?
10. What is Avery's attitude towards the Tinkers?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)