|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul try to convince Jeremy's grandfather of?
(a) That he should produce an untested device for Paul.
(b) That he should help fight the Authority.
(c) That he is in danger.
(d) That he should relocate the company.
2. At the tournament, who does Wili note has not been taken by the Authority?
(a) The tournament organizer.
(b) His final opponent.
(d) Della Lu.
3. Why have others often urged Paul to take on an apprentice?
(a) So they can steal his techniques.
(b) So he can pass on his knowledge.
(c) To provide more jobs in the community.
(d) To help him in his workshop.
4. What did the group that Jeremy's grandfather was a part of come to deal with?
(a) The destabilization of the United States.
(b) An enemy spy.
(c) The first bobbles.
(d) A secret weapon development plant.
5. What position does Miguel Rosas hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the entrance to the bioscience lab disguised as?
2. The woman who greets Mike, Wili, and Jeremy at the entrance to the bioscience lab tells them what?
3. How was Allison injured during the crash?
4. Allison and Angus realize that which of the following is likely to draw attention?
5. What do Paul and the others leave behind for their pursuers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What discovery causes the Authority to become more suspicious about the Tinkers?
2. How does Wili perform at the chess tournament, and what disadvantage does he face?
3. How and why did the Red Arrow Battalion settle in America?
4. How and why does Della manipulate Mike?
5. According to the bioscientists, what is the nature of and cure for Wili's disease?
6. What does Red Arrow Industries produce?
7. Who was Sylvester, and what did he do for Wili?
8. What is Wili's plan when he arrives at Paul's home?
9. What is the Santa Yrez Police Company, and why are they present at the Old California Shopping Center?
10. Describe Paul's physical and personality characteristics.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)