|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mike think about Wili's illness?
(a) He is exaggerating it.
(b) He will recover quickly without further aid.
(c) He is near death.
(d) He will eventually die of it, regardless of care.
2. Where does Avery believe the blast that shattered the bobble originated?
(a) From within the bobble.
(b) From the Peace Authority.
(c) From California.
(d) From somewhere in Asia.
3. What date was printed on the tombstone Angus saw at the crash site?
(a) A date far in the future.
(b) A date far in the past.
(c) The date of the crash.
(d) A nonsensical date.
4. What does Della threaten Mike with, should he fail to cooperate with her?
(a) She will arrest both he and Wili.
(b) She will have his hometown bobbled.
(c) She will have his family executed.
(d) She will tell everyone that he's been spying for the Authority for years.
5. A scientist at the bioscience lab tells Wili that his illness can be cured by what?
(a) Calcium supplements.
(b) Radiation therapy.
(c) Yeast tablets.
(d) Regular injections of a common drug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angus say was unusual about the tombstone he saw at the crash site?
2. Where do Wili, Mike, and Della go after they return to the shore?
3. Della explains that the Authority believes the Tinkers have achieved what advanced technology?
4. Jill, the being that Wili initially took for a ghost, is really what?
5. What does Paul shoot Wili Wachendon with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Wili's parent's react when they discovered his illness?
2. What is the Authority's plan for the Tinkers?
3. How does Wili perform at the chess tournament, and what disadvantage does he face?
4. How and why did the Red Arrow Battalion settle in America?
5. What is the relationship between the Tinkers and the Authority?
6. Explain the factors that contributed to Wili's decision to stay with Paul.
7. According to the bioscientists, what is the nature of and cure for Wili's disease?
8. What are Paul's reasons for accepting Wili as an apprentice?
9. What is Paul's opinion about the bobbles?
10. Why does Paul not accompany Wili to the chess tournament?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)