|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Wili and Paul say they need to create larger bobbles?
(b) More time, at least a year.
(c) More power.
(d) Help from the other Tinkers.
2. Mike contends he never wanted any harm to come to whom?
(b) The bioscientists.
(c) The Tinkers.
3. How do Paul and the other acquire power for their computers along the way to the Authority enclave?
(a) From remote power stations.
(b) From caches left by other Tinkers.
(c) They barter for them.
(d) From pre-planned drop points.
4. What type of intelligence gathering does Della recommend that Avery employ?
(a) Manual reconnaissance.
(c) Encrypted relaying.
(d) Combat patrols.
5. How does Allison force Wili to reveal how he knows her?
(a) By tricking him.
(b) By physically assaulting him.
(c) By appealing to his emotions.
(d) By threatening him.
6. What does Della want to do with Kaladze?
(a) Trick him into betraying Paul and the Tinkers.
(b) Arrest him.
(c) Assassinate him.
(d) Manipulate him into doing something that will help the Authority.
7. What does Della do to stop the violence around the enclave?
(a) She bobbles the entire enclave.
(b) She shuts down the command room.
(c) She scrambles all Authority communications.
(d) She assumes command and orders a halt of all attacks.
8. Avery insists the Renaissance will be the end of what?
(a) The Tinkers.
(b) Humanity as a whole.
(c) Free thought.
(d) The undesirables within society.
9. What does Wili ask Kaladze to do with Della and Mike?
(a) Place tracking devices on them.
(b) Keep them under surveillance.
(c) Keep them locked up.
(d) Hold them for ten days.
10. What is Kaladze's group waiting for?
(a) The arrival of Spring.
(b) The arrival of allies.
(c) The collapse of a nearby bobble.
(d) Paul's new device to be completed.
11. As Paul and the others wait outside the border of the Authority enclave, who approaches them?
12. How close do Paul and Wili need to be to embobble a target?
(a) 4000 meters.
(b) One mile.
(c) 16 kilometers.
(d) 100 meters.
13. Allison says that before the bobbles, mankind was close to achieving what major technological goal?
(a) Space colonization.
(b) Time travel.
(c) Cold fusion.
14. When Della and Mike corner Wili, what does Della tell Mike to do?
(a) Force Wili to talk.
(b) Get the attention of the Authority agents.
(c) Hold Wili captive.
(d) Find a weapon to kill Wili with.
15. What does Paul think about Wili's capabilities after he interfaces with the computer?
(a) They far exceed his own.
(b) They do not work well with the computer.
(c) They will someday match his own.
(d) They are not as great as he'd imagined.
Short Answer Questions
1. Allison and Mike pretend to be what?
2. Della suspects that what source of intelligence is being altered?
3. How does Wili's relationship with Jill change after he returns to Paul's house?
4. What does Avery say the Tinkers would need to create their own bobbles?
5. Avery warns that which of the following is imminent?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)