|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What device does Wili find hidden among his possessions after he leaves Kaladze's camp?
(a) A tracking device.
(b) An unidentifiable device that must have come from Paul.
(c) An emergency beacon.
(d) A small recording device.
2. How does Allison force Wili to reveal how he knows her?
(a) By physically assaulting him.
(b) By appealing to his emotions.
(c) By tricking him.
(d) By threatening him.
3. What type of intelligence gathering does Della recommend that Avery employ?
(a) Manual reconnaissance.
(c) Encrypted relaying.
(d) Combat patrols.
4. What does Della want to do with Kaladze?
(a) Manipulate him into doing something that will help the Authority.
(b) Trick him into betraying Paul and the Tinkers.
(c) Assassinate him.
(d) Arrest him.
5. How long did Wili program the bobbles he used during the attack on the pass to last?
(a) One year.
(b) One day.
(c) Six months.
(d) One month.
6. What false information has Wili been feeding to the Authority?
(a) False radio transmissions.
(b) False images.
(c) False Tinker communications.
(d) False intelligence reports.
7. Avery's fall back plan involves the use of what type of weapon?
(a) Nuclear bombs.
(b) Conventional ground forces.
(c) Air power.
(d) Rapid embobbling.
8. What does Della strike Avery down with?
(a) A hefty book.
(b) A chair.
(c) Her sidearm.
(d) The control box for Renaissance.
9. What does Avery say the Tinkers would need to create their own bobbles?
(a) Access to space.
(b) A nuclear reactor.
(c) A nuclear weapon.
(d) A supercomputer.
10. How do Paul and Wili learn about the location of the Authority's embobbling machine?
(a) Mike heard Della talk about it.
(b) Jill interpolates it based on a large amount of data.
(c) Allison learned about it before she was embobbled.
(d) From intercepted reports.
11. How do Paul and the other acquire power for their computers along the way to the Authority enclave?
(a) From pre-planned drop points.
(b) From remote power stations.
(c) They barter for them.
(d) From caches left by other Tinkers.
12. Paul and the others are stopped outside of the Authority enclave by what?
(a) A check point.
(b) A mire of road traffic.
(c) A military patrol.
(d) A landslide.
13. What stops Della's attack on the pass?
(a) Hidden ambushes.
(b) A defensive bobble.
(c) An electrical weapon.
(d) Tinker firepower.
14. What does Paul think about Wili's capabilities after he interfaces with the computer?
(a) They far exceed his own.
(b) They are not as great as he'd imagined.
(c) They do not work well with the computer.
(d) They will someday match his own.
15. What does Wili ask Kaladze to do with Della and Mike?
(a) Keep them locked up.
(b) Keep them under surveillance.
(c) Hold them for ten days.
(d) Place tracking devices on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul fear about the new bobble generator?
2. Where, roughly, is Aztlan located?
3. Mike contends he never wanted any harm to come to whom?
4. Allison criticizes Wili for destroying what Authority resource?
5. How long does the Authority believe it has until the Tinker attack on the Authority?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)