|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul think will happen to the bobbles in the coming years?
(a) They will begin shrinking.
(b) They will stop being used by the Authority.
(c) They will continue to collapse.
(d) They will all explode catastrophically.
2. What is Kaladze's group waiting for?
(a) The arrival of Spring.
(b) The collapse of a nearby bobble.
(c) Paul's new device to be completed.
(d) The arrival of allies.
3. How long does Wili publicly state that the bobble around the tenement building will last?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
4. Why does Wili decide to take Mike to Paul's home?
(a) There is a lie detector at Paul's house.
(b) It is part of an extended trick.
(c) He wants to interrogate Mike there.
(d) He believes Mike can be trusted.
5. Where does Mike suggest that Paul move?
6. How does the Authority react to Wili's ploy?
(a) It works, but they refuse him entrance to the enclave.
(b) It fails, and he is forced to flee.
(c) It works; they ask him to move closer to the compound.
(d) It fails, but he makes it past the perimeter.
7. Della gives Mike information about what?
(a) Avery's location.
(b) The location of the bobble generator.
(c) The Authority's military maneuvers.
(d) Operation Renaissance.
8. What justification does Allison give for her suspicion that the Authority will find Paul's home soon?
(a) Her military experience.
(b) Something she overheard from Della.
(c) Tracking devices that she spotted.
(d) Search parties that she saw personally.
9. Allison and Mike pretend to be what?
(a) Ambassadors from the Tinkers.
(b) Authority combat units.
(c) Authority reconnaissance units.
10. What does Allison discover about her comrades?
(a) Many of them are in bobbles.
(b) Most of them have joined the Authority.
(c) They were wiped out by the Authority's military.
(d) They have gone into hiding.
11. How does Wili's relationship with Jill change after he returns to Paul's house?
(a) It improves; they become closer friends.
(b) It improves; she tries to take his attention away from Allison.
(c) It degrades; he is distant from her.
(d) It degrades; she seems irrationally angry with him.
12. During the battle, what is Avery's main focus?
(a) Exterminating the Tinkers.
(b) Preserving Authority personnel.
13. As Paul and the others wait outside the border of the Authority enclave, who approaches them?
14. When Paul briefly comes to his senses during the battle, what does he ask?
(a) If Wili is safe.
(b) If Allison loves him.
(c) If they have all died.
(d) If they have won.
15. When does Allison recognize Paul?
(b) When she sees an old photo of him.
(c) When Wili addresses him by name.
(d) The second night in his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avery say the Tinkers would need to create their own bobbles?
2. How do Paul and Wili learn about the location of the Authority's embobbling machine?
3. What does Avery say Della has reported to him about Paul?
4. How long did Wili program the bobbles he used during the attack on the pass to last?
5. How many people does Della estimate would have been killed had her attack on the pass been successful?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)