|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Authority react to the floating bobble that Wili created?
(a) They further embobble it.
(b) They cover it up.
(c) They acknowledge it publicly.
(d) They attempt to destroy it.
2. What does Allison discover about her comrades?
(a) Many of them are in bobbles.
(b) They have gone into hiding.
(c) Most of them have joined the Authority.
(d) They were wiped out by the Authority's military.
3. How does Wili know how to safely navigate the dangerous neighborhood around the embobbled tenement building?
(a) He studied maps and stories about the area.
(b) He was trained by the factions.
(c) He was once a burglar there.
(d) Allison gave him advice about it.
4. Wili dedicates himself to studying what topic?
5. Allison says that before the bobbles, mankind was close to achieving what major technological goal?
(a) Time travel.
(c) Cold fusion.
(d) Space colonization.
6. What does Wili do as part of his plan to help the hostages from the chess tournament?
(a) He alerts the Tinkers to their location.
(b) He embobbles them.
(c) He organizes a raid to rescue them.
(d) He embobbles their captors.
7. What does Paul think about Wili's capabilities before he interfaces with the computer?
(a) They are dangerous.
(b) They are equal to his own.
(c) They are underdeveloped.
(d) They are less than he expected.
8. Paul and Allison travel under cover as sellers of what?
(d) Scrap metal.
9. What force drives the floating bobble of the tenement building inland?
(a) A low-pressure system.
(b) A device that Wili created.
(c) A storm.
(d) Sea winds.
10. Mike contends he never wanted any harm to come to whom?
(a) The Tinkers.
(b) The bioscientists.
11. Avery insists the Renaissance will be the end of what?
(a) The Tinkers.
(b) Humanity as a whole.
(c) Free thought.
(d) The undesirables within society.
12. Avery warns that which of the following is imminent?
(a) A war.
(b) A plague.
(c) A terrorist attack.
(d) An insurrection.
13. What relationship do Paul and Allison claim to have as part of the cover they use to travel to the Authority enclave?
14. How long did Wili program the bobbles he used during the attack on the pass to last?
(a) Six months.
(b) One day.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
15. How does Mike escape from the banana wagon?
(a) He triggers a mechanism that collapses the wagon.
(b) He creates a distraction and runs.
(c) He leaps over the top at an opportune moment.
(d) He kicks out its side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Della think about her control over Mike after the ten days that Kaladze held them for?
2. How long does Wili secretly know that the bobble around the tenement building will last?
3. What kind of a compound is the Authority enclave built into?
4. How does Kaladze react to Della's goading?
5. Paul and the others are stopped outside of the Authority enclave by what?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)