|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Della feel about her attack on the pass being foiled?
2. What do Wili and Paul say they need to create larger bobbles?
(b) More power.
(c) Help from the other Tinkers.
(d) More time, at least a year.
3. Allison and Mike pretend to be what?
(b) Authority reconnaissance units.
(c) Authority combat units.
(d) Ambassadors from the Tinkers.
4. Mike contends he never wanted any harm to come to whom?
(c) The Tinkers.
(d) The bioscientists.
5. Della gives Mike information about what?
(a) The Authority's military maneuvers.
(b) The location of the bobble generator.
(c) Operation Renaissance.
(d) Avery's location.
6. How does Wili know how to safely navigate the dangerous neighborhood around the embobbled tenement building?
(a) He was once a burglar there.
(b) He studied maps and stories about the area.
(c) Allison gave him advice about it.
(d) He was trained by the factions.
7. What does Allison discover about her comrades?
(a) Most of them have joined the Authority.
(b) Many of them are in bobbles.
(c) They were wiped out by the Authority's military.
(d) They have gone into hiding.
8. How does Wili's relationship with Jill change after he returns to Paul's house?
(a) It degrades; he is distant from her.
(b) It improves; they become closer friends.
(c) It improves; she tries to take his attention away from Allison.
(d) It degrades; she seems irrationally angry with him.
9. What does Paul fear about the new bobble generator?
(a) That it will malfunction.
(b) That it will not be ready when it is needed.
(c) That it will be misused.
(d) That is is dangerous.
10. About how long has the Authority been in power?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Fifty years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) A hundred years.
11. How do Paul and the other acquire power for their computers along the way to the Authority enclave?
(a) From remote power stations.
(b) From caches left by other Tinkers.
(c) They barter for them.
(d) From pre-planned drop points.
12. What does Jill urge Wili to do as the embobbling program nears completion?
(a) To run from the approaching Authority agents.
(b) To embobble the entire enclave.
(c) To kill Della.
(d) To embobble only Avery.
13. How well does Wiki interact with Paul's computer?
(a) He doesn't prefer to use it to help solve problems.
(b) He interfaces with it very easily.
(c) He is not quite as good as Paul with it.
(d) He can't get used to it.
14. Allison and Mike commandeer what type of vehicles?
(c) Tracked vehicles.
15. When does Allison recognize Paul?
(b) When Wili addresses him by name.
(c) When she sees an old photo of him.
(d) The second night in his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What device does Wili find hidden among his possessions after he leaves Kaladze's camp?
2. What does Paul think about Wili's capabilities before he interfaces with the computer?
3. During the battle, what is Avery's main focus?
4. Mike realizes that an Authority vehicle of what type was destroyed by Wili's bobbles?
5. How many people does Della estimate would have been killed had her attack on the pass been successful?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)