|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Paul and Wili return home to continue their work, they are aided by what group?
(a) The Kaladiz.
(b) The Gentavese.
(c) The Moraleses.
(d) The Borodim.
2. Allison says that before the bobbles, mankind was close to achieving what major technological goal?
(a) Cold fusion.
(b) Time travel.
(d) Space colonization.
3. Avery intends to use the bobbles in what new way?
(a) On individual people.
(b) As an offensive weapon.
(c) On critical resources such as arable land.
(d) As fortifications.
4. Mike realizes that an Authority vehicle of what type was destroyed by Wili's bobbles?
(a) A mobile artillery piece.
(b) A jet.
(c) A helicopter.
(d) A tank.
5. What does Wili ask Kaladze to do with Della and Mike?
(a) Place tracking devices on them.
(b) Keep them under surveillance.
(c) Hold them for ten days.
(d) Keep them locked up.
6. As he works to complete the attack on the Authority bobble generator, Wili is torn by what desire?
(a) The desire for revenge on the Authority.
(b) The desire for Jill's help.
(c) The desire to check on Paul's condition.
(d) The desire to take control of the Authority himself.
7. How well does Wiki interact with Paul's computer?
(a) He interfaces with it very easily.
(b) He is not quite as good as Paul with it.
(c) He doesn't prefer to use it to help solve problems.
(d) He can't get used to it.
8. How does Wili's relationship with Jill change after he returns to Paul's house?
(a) It degrades; he is distant from her.
(b) It degrades; she seems irrationally angry with him.
(c) It improves; they become closer friends.
(d) It improves; she tries to take his attention away from Allison.
9. Who creates the first bobble outside of the Authority?
10. How does the Authority react to the floating bobble that Wili created?
(a) They acknowledge it publicly.
(b) They further embobble it.
(c) They cover it up.
(d) They attempt to destroy it.
11. What does Della do while she is out on a walk with Mike?
(a) She takes careful note of all of her surroundings.
(b) She hides some surveillance equipment.
(c) She plants a tracking device on him.
(d) She threatens him again.
12. What does Paul think will happen to the bobbles in the coming years?
(a) They will continue to collapse.
(b) They will begin shrinking.
(c) They will stop being used by the Authority.
(d) They will all explode catastrophically.
13. About how long has the Authority been in power?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Fifty years.
(d) A hundred years.
14. How does Mike escape from the banana wagon?
(a) He kicks out its side.
(b) He creates a distraction and runs.
(c) He leaps over the top at an opportune moment.
(d) He triggers a mechanism that collapses the wagon.
15. What does Avery say the Tinkers would need to create their own bobbles?
(a) A nuclear weapon.
(b) A nuclear reactor.
(c) A supercomputer.
(d) Access to space.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mike flees, what sort of vehicle does Della pursue him in?
2. How does Della goad Kaladze?
3. How do Paul and the other acquire power for their computers along the way to the Authority enclave?
4. Wili intentionally created the bobble around the buildings the hostages were held in at what time of the day?
5. Della gives Mike information about what?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)