|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Della want to do with Kaladze?
(a) Trick him into betraying Paul and the Tinkers.
(b) Assassinate him.
(c) Manipulate him into doing something that will help the Authority.
(d) Arrest him.
2. How does Allison force Wili to reveal how he knows her?
(a) By physically assaulting him.
(b) By appealing to his emotions.
(c) By threatening him.
(d) By tricking him.
3. Paul and the others are stopped outside of the Authority enclave by what?
(a) A check point.
(b) A mire of road traffic.
(c) A landslide.
(d) A military patrol.
4. How well does Wiki interact with Paul's computer?
(a) He is not quite as good as Paul with it.
(b) He can't get used to it.
(c) He interfaces with it very easily.
(d) He doesn't prefer to use it to help solve problems.
5. What does Avery say the Tinkers would need to create their own bobbles?
(a) A nuclear weapon.
(b) A nuclear reactor.
(c) A supercomputer.
(d) Access to space.
6. When Mike flees, what sort of vehicle does Della pursue him in?
(a) An aircraft.
(b) A tank.
(c) An open car.
(d) A helicopter.
7. How does Della figure out that Mike is in an Authority vehicle?
(a) By using a tracking device.
(b) From the shakiness of his voice.
(c) By triangulating his position.
(d) From intelligence reports from just after the attack on the pass.
8. Avery discovers that Allison's aircraft was embobbled by whom?
(a) A rogue Authority cell.
(b) The US military.
(c) His father.
(d) Paul Hoehler.
9. Why does Avery refuse Della's suggestion for a response to the disturbance at the road block?
(a) There are no resources available.
(b) The coordinates are not clear.
(c) The system is not ready yet.
(d) He doesn't trust Della.
10. Why do the gangs around the embobbled tenement building help Wili?
(a) Wili promises them weapons in exchange for their help.
(b) He was once a member of one of the gangs.
(c) They were told that Paul wanted them to help Wili.
(d) Wili persuades them to resist the Authority.
11. What justification does Allison give for her suspicion that the Authority will find Paul's home soon?
(a) Her military experience.
(b) Tracking devices that she spotted.
(c) Something she overheard from Della.
(d) Search parties that she saw personally.
12. What does Wili ask Kaladze to do with Della and Mike?
(a) Hold them for ten days.
(b) Keep them locked up.
(c) Keep them under surveillance.
(d) Place tracking devices on them.
13. What does Paul think about Wili's capabilities after he interfaces with the computer?
(a) They will someday match his own.
(b) They far exceed his own.
(c) They are not as great as he'd imagined.
(d) They do not work well with the computer.
14. About how long has the Authority been in power?
(a) Fifty years.
(b) A hundred years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Ten years.
15. Avery intends to use the bobbles in what new way?
(a) On critical resources such as arable land.
(b) As an offensive weapon.
(c) As fortifications.
(d) On individual people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avery say Della has reported to him about Paul?
2. Where is the Authority enclave located?
3. When Della and Mike corner Wili, what does Della tell Mike to do?
4. As Paul and the others wait outside the border of the Authority enclave, who approaches them?
5. What does Wili do while the group travels to the Authority enclave?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)