|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wili not tell Paul about his suspicions about Mike and Della?
(a) He doesn't want Paul to think less of Mike.
(b) He doubts Paul's loyalties.
(c) He isn't sure about his suspicions yet.
(d) He fears a reaction similar to Kaladze's.
2. How does Wili deal with the threats around the pass that the Tinker's occupy?
(a) He bobbles them.
(b) He distracts them.
(c) He leads them off with false reports.
(d) He causes them to attack each other.
3. During the battle, what is Avery's main focus?
(b) Preserving Authority personnel.
(d) Exterminating the Tinkers.
4. What does Paul think about Wili's capabilities after he interfaces with the computer?
(a) They do not work well with the computer.
(b) They far exceed his own.
(c) They are not as great as he'd imagined.
(d) They will someday match his own.
5. What does Wili reveal about the nature of bobbles?
(a) Those trapped inside do not die instantly.
(b) Those inside do actually experience the passage of time.
(c) They can be collapsed at will.
(d) They can be created with very little energy.
6. Where, roughly, is Aztlan located?
(a) Southern California.
(b) The Iberian peninsula.
7. Avery intends to use the bobbles in what new way?
(a) On individual people.
(b) As an offensive weapon.
(c) On critical resources such as arable land.
(d) As fortifications.
8. Why do the gangs around the embobbled tenement building help Wili?
(a) Wili persuades them to resist the Authority.
(b) Wili promises them weapons in exchange for their help.
(c) He was once a member of one of the gangs.
(d) They were told that Paul wanted them to help Wili.
9. Mike contends he never wanted any harm to come to whom?
(c) The Tinkers.
(d) The bioscientists.
10. Avery discovers that Allison's aircraft was embobbled by whom?
(a) The US military.
(b) Paul Hoehler.
(c) His father.
(d) A rogue Authority cell.
11. What does Della do to stop the violence around the enclave?
(a) She scrambles all Authority communications.
(b) She bobbles the entire enclave.
(c) She shuts down the command room.
(d) She assumes command and orders a halt of all attacks.
12. How do Paul and Wili learn about the location of the Authority's embobbling machine?
(a) Jill interpolates it based on a large amount of data.
(b) Allison learned about it before she was embobbled.
(c) From intercepted reports.
(d) Mike heard Della talk about it.
13. What device does Wili find hidden among his possessions after he leaves Kaladze's camp?
(a) A tracking device.
(b) A small recording device.
(c) An emergency beacon.
(d) An unidentifiable device that must have come from Paul.
14. What does Della urge Avery to do in reaction to the disturbance at the road block?
(a) Launch an artillery strike.
(b) Bobble the entire area.
(c) Nuke the entire area.
(d) Send reinforcements.
15. When Paul and Wili return home to continue their work, they are aided by what group?
(a) The Moraleses.
(b) The Gentavese.
(c) The Borodim.
(d) The Kaladiz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wili do as part of his plan to help the hostages from the chess tournament?
2. As Paul and the others wait outside the border of the Authority enclave, who approaches them?
3. What false information has Wili been feeding to the Authority?
4. Wili dedicates himself to studying what topic?
5. How does Wili's relationship with Jill change after he returns to Paul's house?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)