|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Avery say the Tinkers would need to create their own bobbles?
(a) Access to space.
(b) A nuclear reactor.
(c) A nuclear weapon.
(d) A supercomputer.
2. What does Della think about her control over Mike after the ten days that Kaladze held them for?
(a) It is totally complete.
(b) It is not complete.
(c) It is growing in strength.
(d) It won't last much longer.
3. How does Mike escape from the banana wagon?
(a) He triggers a mechanism that collapses the wagon.
(b) He leaps over the top at an opportune moment.
(c) He creates a distraction and runs.
(d) He kicks out its side.
4. What does Wili reveal about the nature of bobbles?
(a) They can be collapsed at will.
(b) They can be created with very little energy.
(c) Those inside do actually experience the passage of time.
(d) Those trapped inside do not die instantly.
5. When Della and Mike corner Wili, what does Della tell Mike to do?
(a) Force Wili to talk.
(b) Get the attention of the Authority agents.
(c) Hold Wili captive.
(d) Find a weapon to kill Wili with.
6. What does Wili do while the group travels to the Authority enclave?
(a) He improves with abilities with the computer.
(b) He adjusts and monitors the embobbling device.
(c) He coordinates plans for attack with the other Tinkers.
(d) He disrupts Authority agents attempting to track them.
7. As he works to complete the attack on the Authority bobble generator, Wili is torn by what desire?
(a) The desire for revenge on the Authority.
(b) The desire to check on Paul's condition.
(c) The desire to take control of the Authority himself.
(d) The desire for Jill's help.
8. Avery's fall back plan is codenamed what?
9. Avery warns that which of the following is imminent?
(a) A war.
(b) A terrorist attack.
(c) An insurrection.
(d) A plague.
10. Avery intends to use the bobbles in what new way?
(a) As fortifications.
(b) On individual people.
(c) On critical resources such as arable land.
(d) As an offensive weapon.
11. Paul is severely injured during what stage of the battle?
(a) The initial salvos.
(b) The second wave of Tinker assaults.
(c) The rush to the final position.
(d) The peak of the fighting.
12. What does Allison discover about her comrades?
(a) Many of them are in bobbles.
(b) They were wiped out by the Authority's military.
(c) They have gone into hiding.
(d) Most of them have joined the Authority.
13. Allison and Mike pretend to be what?
(a) Ambassadors from the Tinkers.
(b) Authority reconnaissance units.
(d) Authority combat units.
14. What type of intelligence gathering does Della recommend that Avery employ?
(b) Combat patrols.
(c) Encrypted relaying.
(d) Manual reconnaissance.
15. What does Paul think about Wili's capabilities before he interfaces with the computer?
(a) They are underdeveloped.
(b) They are equal to his own.
(c) They are dangerous.
(d) They are less than he expected.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mike realizes that an Authority vehicle of what type was destroyed by Wili's bobbles?
2. How close do Paul and Wili need to be to embobble a target?
3. How do Paul and the other acquire power for their computers along the way to the Authority enclave?
4. What does Della urge Avery to do in reaction to the disturbance at the road block?
5. What do Wili and Paul say they need to create larger bobbles?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)