|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Della urge Avery to do in reaction to the disturbance at the road block?
(a) Send reinforcements.
(b) Nuke the entire area.
(c) Bobble the entire area.
(d) Launch an artillery strike.
2. What is Kaladze's group waiting for?
(a) The collapse of a nearby bobble.
(b) The arrival of Spring.
(c) The arrival of allies.
(d) Paul's new device to be completed.
3. What does Wili reveal about the nature of bobbles?
(a) Those inside do actually experience the passage of time.
(b) They can be created with very little energy.
(c) They can be collapsed at will.
(d) Those trapped inside do not die instantly.
4. What does Wili ask Kaladze to do with Della and Mike?
(a) Place tracking devices on them.
(b) Hold them for ten days.
(c) Keep them under surveillance.
(d) Keep them locked up.
5. Wili intentionally created the bobble around the buildings the hostages were held in at what time of the day?
(a) Mid afternoon.
6. When Mike flees, what sort of vehicle does Della pursue him in?
(a) An open car.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) A tank.
(d) An aircraft.
7. Avery warns that which of the following is imminent?
(a) A terrorist attack.
(b) A plague.
(c) An insurrection.
(d) A war.
8. Allison says that before the bobbles, mankind was close to achieving what major technological goal?
(a) Time travel.
(b) Cold fusion.
(d) Space colonization.
9. What does Paul fear about the new bobble generator?
(a) That it will be misused.
(b) That is is dangerous.
(c) That it will not be ready when it is needed.
(d) That it will malfunction.
10. What does Della want to do with Kaladze?
(a) Trick him into betraying Paul and the Tinkers.
(b) Arrest him.
(c) Assassinate him.
(d) Manipulate him into doing something that will help the Authority.
11. How many people does Della estimate would have been killed had her attack on the pass been successful?
12. As he works to complete the attack on the Authority bobble generator, Wili is torn by what desire?
(a) The desire to check on Paul's condition.
(b) The desire for Jill's help.
(c) The desire to take control of the Authority himself.
(d) The desire for revenge on the Authority.
13. How does Della figure out that Mike is in an Authority vehicle?
(a) By triangulating his position.
(b) From intelligence reports from just after the attack on the pass.
(c) From the shakiness of his voice.
(d) By using a tracking device.
14. When does Allison recognize Paul?
(b) The second night in his home.
(c) When Wili addresses him by name.
(d) When she sees an old photo of him.
15. Why does Wili decide to take Mike to Paul's home?
(a) There is a lie detector at Paul's house.
(b) He wants to interrogate Mike there.
(c) He believes Mike can be trusted.
(d) It is part of an extended trick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Della think about her control over Mike after the ten days that Kaladze held them for?
2. What does Wili do as part of his plan to help the hostages from the chess tournament?
3. When Della and Mike corner Wili, what does Della tell Mike to do?
4. Wili dedicates himself to studying what topic?
5. Where, roughly, is Aztlan located?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)