|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wili do as part of his plan to help the hostages from the chess tournament?
(a) He embobbles them.
(b) He embobbles their captors.
(c) He organizes a raid to rescue them.
(d) He alerts the Tinkers to their location.
2. What does Paul think about Wili's capabilities before he interfaces with the computer?
(a) They are equal to his own.
(b) They are less than he expected.
(c) They are dangerous.
(d) They are underdeveloped.
3. Avery warns that which of the following is imminent?
(a) A war.
(b) A terrorist attack.
(c) A plague.
(d) An insurrection.
4. As he works to complete the attack on the Authority bobble generator, Wili is torn by what desire?
(a) The desire to take control of the Authority himself.
(b) The desire for Jill's help.
(c) The desire for revenge on the Authority.
(d) The desire to check on Paul's condition.
5. How does Della goad Kaladze?
(a) She says his group is too cowardly to act.
(b) She questions his intelligence.
(c) She says he is too reliant on Paul.
(d) She says he is really working for the Authority.
6. How does Della figure out that Mike is in an Authority vehicle?
(a) From the shakiness of his voice.
(b) From intelligence reports from just after the attack on the pass.
(c) By using a tracking device.
(d) By triangulating his position.
7. How many people does Della estimate would have been killed had her attack on the pass been successful?
8. How does the Authority react to Wili's ploy?
(a) It fails, but he makes it past the perimeter.
(b) It works; they ask him to move closer to the compound.
(c) It fails, and he is forced to flee.
(d) It works, but they refuse him entrance to the enclave.
9. Who drags Paul from his damaged vehicle?
10. What is Kaladze's group waiting for?
(a) The collapse of a nearby bobble.
(b) Paul's new device to be completed.
(c) The arrival of Spring.
(d) The arrival of allies.
11. What do Wili and Paul say they need to create larger bobbles?
(a) Help from the other Tinkers.
(b) More time, at least a year.
(d) More power.
12. What does Della do to stop the violence around the enclave?
(a) She assumes command and orders a halt of all attacks.
(b) She scrambles all Authority communications.
(c) She shuts down the command room.
(d) She bobbles the entire enclave.
13. What does Della strike Avery down with?
(a) The control box for Renaissance.
(b) A hefty book.
(c) Her sidearm.
(d) A chair.
14. Allison criticizes Wili for destroying what Authority resource?
(a) A research lab.
(b) A supercomputer.
(c) A generator.
(d) The satellite communication system.
15. Paul is severely injured during what stage of the battle?
(a) The second wave of Tinker assaults.
(b) The initial salvos.
(c) The peak of the fighting.
(d) The rush to the final position.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Della use to indicate Wili's location to the Authority as he tries to escape from the tenement building area?
2. How do Paul and Wili learn about the location of the Authority's embobbling machine?
3. What false information has Wili been feeding to the Authority?
4. What stops Della's attack on the pass?
5. Where, roughly, is Aztlan located?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)