|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Paul and Wili learn about the location of the Authority's embobbling machine?
(a) Allison learned about it before she was embobbled.
(b) From intercepted reports.
(c) Jill interpolates it based on a large amount of data.
(d) Mike heard Della talk about it.
2. What do Paul and Wili plan to do to the Authority's embobbling machine?
(a) Reprogram it.
(b) Capture it.
(c) Embobble it.
(d) Destroy it.
3. Where does Mike suggest that Paul move?
4. What does Della think about her control over Mike after the ten days that Kaladze held them for?
(a) It won't last much longer.
(b) It is growing in strength.
(c) It is totally complete.
(d) It is not complete.
5. Avery warns that which of the following is imminent?
(a) A plague.
(b) A terrorist attack.
(c) An insurrection.
(d) A war.
6. What does Paul think about Wili's capabilities after he interfaces with the computer?
(a) They will someday match his own.
(b) They far exceed his own.
(c) They are not as great as he'd imagined.
(d) They do not work well with the computer.
7. What does Wili ask Kaladze to do with Della and Mike?
(a) Place tracking devices on them.
(b) Keep them under surveillance.
(c) Hold them for ten days.
(d) Keep them locked up.
8. What does Della strike Avery down with?
(a) A chair.
(b) The control box for Renaissance.
(c) Her sidearm.
(d) A hefty book.
9. Why do the gangs around the embobbled tenement building help Wili?
(a) Wili persuades them to resist the Authority.
(b) He was once a member of one of the gangs.
(c) Wili promises them weapons in exchange for their help.
(d) They were told that Paul wanted them to help Wili.
10. What does Della do to stop the violence around the enclave?
(a) She assumes command and orders a halt of all attacks.
(b) She scrambles all Authority communications.
(c) She bobbles the entire enclave.
(d) She shuts down the command room.
11. Where is the Authority enclave located?
(c) A mountain in the sierra nevadas.
(d) Washington state.
12. What does Jill urge Wili to do as the embobbling program nears completion?
(a) To run from the approaching Authority agents.
(b) To embobble the entire enclave.
(c) To embobble only Avery.
(d) To kill Della.
13. What kind of a compound is the Authority enclave built into?
(a) An industrial center.
(b) A military base.
(c) A nuclear bunker.
(d) A university.
14. How does Kaladze react to Della's goading?
(a) He reprimands her but does nothing else.
(b) He sends her away.
(c) He has her jailed again.
(d) He has her placed under surveillance.
15. How does Wili's relationship with Jill change after he returns to Paul's house?
(a) It degrades; he is distant from her.
(b) It degrades; she seems irrationally angry with him.
(c) It improves; they become closer friends.
(d) It improves; she tries to take his attention away from Allison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wili do as part of his plan to help the hostages from the chess tournament?
2. How does Della feel about her attack on the pass being foiled?
3. How do Paul and the other acquire power for their computers along the way to the Authority enclave?
4. What does Paul think will happen to the bobbles in the coming years?
5. When Paul briefly comes to his senses during the battle, what does he ask?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)