|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Della do to stop the violence around the enclave?
(a) She shuts down the command room.
(b) She assumes command and orders a halt of all attacks.
(c) She scrambles all Authority communications.
(d) She bobbles the entire enclave.
2. How many people does Della estimate would have been killed had her attack on the pass been successful?
3. How does Wili know how to safely navigate the dangerous neighborhood around the embobbled tenement building?
(a) He was trained by the factions.
(b) He studied maps and stories about the area.
(c) Allison gave him advice about it.
(d) He was once a burglar there.
4. What does Wili reveal about the nature of bobbles?
(a) Those trapped inside do not die instantly.
(b) They can be created with very little energy.
(c) Those inside do actually experience the passage of time.
(d) They can be collapsed at will.
5. What does Della urge Avery to do in reaction to the disturbance at the road block?
(a) Nuke the entire area.
(b) Send reinforcements.
(c) Launch an artillery strike.
(d) Bobble the entire area.
6. Allison and Mike pretend to be what?
(b) Ambassadors from the Tinkers.
(c) Authority reconnaissance units.
(d) Authority combat units.
7. Paul and the others are stopped outside of the Authority enclave by what?
(a) A mire of road traffic.
(b) A landslide.
(c) A check point.
(d) A military patrol.
8. What kind of a compound is the Authority enclave built into?
(a) A university.
(b) A nuclear bunker.
(c) An industrial center.
(d) A military base.
9. Paul is severely injured during what stage of the battle?
(a) The rush to the final position.
(b) The second wave of Tinker assaults.
(c) The initial salvos.
(d) The peak of the fighting.
10. What does Paul think about Wili's capabilities before he interfaces with the computer?
(a) They are equal to his own.
(b) They are less than he expected.
(c) They are dangerous.
(d) They are underdeveloped.
11. How long did Wili program the bobbles he used during the attack on the pass to last?
(a) One day.
(b) Six months.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
12. What relationship do Paul and Allison claim to have as part of the cover they use to travel to the Authority enclave?
13. Avery discovers that Allison's aircraft was embobbled by whom?
(a) Paul Hoehler.
(b) A rogue Authority cell.
(c) The US military.
(d) His father.
14. Mike contends he never wanted any harm to come to whom?
(a) The bioscientists.
(d) The Tinkers.
15. As he works to complete the attack on the Authority bobble generator, Wili is torn by what desire?
(a) The desire for Jill's help.
(b) The desire to take control of the Authority himself.
(c) The desire to check on Paul's condition.
(d) The desire for revenge on the Authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wili not tell Paul about his suspicions about Mike and Della?
2. About how long has the Authority been in power?
3. Who drags Paul from his damaged vehicle?
4. How does Della feel about her attack on the pass being foiled?
5. What device does Wili find hidden among his possessions after he leaves Kaladze's camp?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)