|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of intelligence gathering does Della recommend that Avery employ?
(a) Encrypted relaying.
(b) Manual reconnaissance.
(c) Combat patrols.
2. What device does Wili find hidden among his possessions after he leaves Kaladze's camp?
(a) An emergency beacon.
(b) An unidentifiable device that must have come from Paul.
(c) A small recording device.
(d) A tracking device.
3. How does Della figure out that Mike is in an Authority vehicle?
(a) From intelligence reports from just after the attack on the pass.
(b) By triangulating his position.
(c) By using a tracking device.
(d) From the shakiness of his voice.
4. Wili dedicates himself to studying what topic?
5. How do Paul and the other acquire power for their computers along the way to the Authority enclave?
(a) From remote power stations.
(b) From pre-planned drop points.
(c) From caches left by other Tinkers.
(d) They barter for them.
6. As Paul and the others wait outside the border of the Authority enclave, who approaches them?
7. Where does Mike suggest that Paul move?
8. What does Avery say Della has reported to him about Paul?
(a) He is creating new weapons for the Tinkers.
(b) He is planning an attack.
(c) He has gone mad.
(d) He is building his own bobble generator.
9. Allison and Mike commandeer what type of vehicles?
(a) Tracked vehicles.
10. What does Della think about her control over Mike after the ten days that Kaladze held them for?
(a) It is growing in strength.
(b) It is not complete.
(c) It won't last much longer.
(d) It is totally complete.
11. How does Wili know how to safely navigate the dangerous neighborhood around the embobbled tenement building?
(a) Allison gave him advice about it.
(b) He studied maps and stories about the area.
(c) He was once a burglar there.
(d) He was trained by the factions.
12. What does Wili do while the group travels to the Authority enclave?
(a) He coordinates plans for attack with the other Tinkers.
(b) He disrupts Authority agents attempting to track them.
(c) He improves with abilities with the computer.
(d) He adjusts and monitors the embobbling device.
13. What does Della urge Avery to do in reaction to the disturbance at the road block?
(a) Nuke the entire area.
(b) Bobble the entire area.
(c) Send reinforcements.
(d) Launch an artillery strike.
14. How long does Wili publicly state that the bobble around the tenement building will last?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 10 years.
15. What does Allison discover about her comrades?
(a) They have gone into hiding.
(b) They were wiped out by the Authority's military.
(c) Many of them are in bobbles.
(d) Most of them have joined the Authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul and Allison travel under cover as sellers of what?
2. Why does Wili not tell Paul about his suspicions about Mike and Della?
3. How does the Authority react to the floating bobble that Wili created?
4. Wili intentionally created the bobble around the buildings the hostages were held in at what time of the day?
5. How does Mike escape from the banana wagon?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)