|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of obeying Della's request with regards to Wili, what does Mike do?
(a) He hits Della brutally.
(b) He flees.
(c) He goes to the Tinkers for help.
(d) He takes Della captive.
2. Avery insists the Renaissance will be the end of what?
(a) Humanity as a whole.
(b) The undesirables within society.
(c) Free thought.
(d) The Tinkers.
3. How does the Authority react to the floating bobble that Wili created?
(a) They cover it up.
(b) They acknowledge it publicly.
(c) They attempt to destroy it.
(d) They further embobble it.
4. What false information has Wili been feeding to the Authority?
(a) False Tinker communications.
(b) False intelligence reports.
(c) False images.
(d) False radio transmissions.
5. When forced to tell Allison how he knows her, what does Wili say?
(a) He doesn't remember where he heard her name.
(b) He was told about her.
(c) He saw her picture.
(d) He was watching her crash.
6. How does Della figure out that Mike is in an Authority vehicle?
(a) From the shakiness of his voice.
(b) By using a tracking device.
(c) By triangulating his position.
(d) From intelligence reports from just after the attack on the pass.
7. Mike contends he never wanted any harm to come to whom?
(a) The Tinkers.
(c) The bioscientists.
8. What does Paul fear about the new bobble generator?
(a) That it will not be ready when it is needed.
(b) That is is dangerous.
(c) That it will be misused.
(d) That it will malfunction.
9. How does Allison force Wili to reveal how he knows her?
(a) By appealing to his emotions.
(b) By tricking him.
(c) By threatening him.
(d) By physically assaulting him.
10. What does Della do to stop the violence around the enclave?
(a) She assumes command and orders a halt of all attacks.
(b) She scrambles all Authority communications.
(c) She bobbles the entire enclave.
(d) She shuts down the command room.
11. How does the Authority react to Wili's ploy?
(a) It fails, but he makes it past the perimeter.
(b) It fails, and he is forced to flee.
(c) It works; they ask him to move closer to the compound.
(d) It works, but they refuse him entrance to the enclave.
12. How long does the Authority believe it has until the Tinker attack on the Authority?
(a) One day.
(b) A few hours.
(c) Half a day.
(d) One week.
13. How do Paul and the other acquire power for their computers along the way to the Authority enclave?
(a) From caches left by other Tinkers.
(b) From pre-planned drop points.
(c) They barter for them.
(d) From remote power stations.
14. Allison criticizes Wili for destroying what Authority resource?
(a) A generator.
(b) A supercomputer.
(c) The satellite communication system.
(d) A research lab.
15. How does Della goad Kaladze?
(a) She says he is too reliant on Paul.
(b) She says his group is too cowardly to act.
(c) She says he is really working for the Authority.
(d) She questions his intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Della and Mike corner Wili, what does Della tell Mike to do?
2. Where, roughly, is Aztlan located?
3. What does Avery say the Tinkers would need to create their own bobbles?
4. Della suspects that what source of intelligence is being altered?
5. Avery's fall back plan is codenamed what?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)