|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Della do to stop the violence around the enclave?
(a) She bobbles the entire enclave.
(b) She shuts down the command room.
(c) She scrambles all Authority communications.
(d) She assumes command and orders a halt of all attacks.
2. What is Kaladze's group waiting for?
(a) The arrival of allies.
(b) The collapse of a nearby bobble.
(c) The arrival of Spring.
(d) Paul's new device to be completed.
3. How close do Paul and Wili need to be to embobble a target?
(a) 100 meters.
(b) One mile.
(c) 4000 meters.
(d) 16 kilometers.
4. How long does the Authority believe it has until the Tinker attack on the Authority?
(a) One week.
(b) A few hours.
(c) Half a day.
(d) One day.
5. How do Paul and the other acquire power for their computers along the way to the Authority enclave?
(a) From pre-planned drop points.
(b) From caches left by other Tinkers.
(c) They barter for them.
(d) From remote power stations.
6. How does Mike escape from the banana wagon?
(a) He triggers a mechanism that collapses the wagon.
(b) He leaps over the top at an opportune moment.
(c) He kicks out its side.
(d) He creates a distraction and runs.
7. Who drags Paul from his damaged vehicle?
8. Wili dedicates himself to studying what topic?
9. What device does Wili find hidden among his possessions after he leaves Kaladze's camp?
(a) An emergency beacon.
(b) An unidentifiable device that must have come from Paul.
(c) A small recording device.
(d) A tracking device.
10. Who creates the first bobble outside of the Authority?
11. As Paul and the others wait outside the border of the Authority enclave, who approaches them?
12. What type of intelligence gathering does Della recommend that Avery employ?
(a) Manual reconnaissance.
(b) Encrypted relaying.
(c) Combat patrols.
13. Mike contends he never wanted any harm to come to whom?
(a) The bioscientists.
(c) The Tinkers.
14. About how long has the Authority been in power?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Fifty years.
(d) A hundred years.
15. When forced to tell Allison how he knows her, what does Wili say?
(a) He was told about her.
(b) He doesn't remember where he heard her name.
(c) He saw her picture.
(d) He was watching her crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Avery insists the Renaissance will be the end of what?
2. What does Avery say the Tinkers would need to create their own bobbles?
3. Avery intends to use the bobbles in what new way?
4. How do Paul and Wili learn about the location of the Authority's embobbling machine?
5. Wili intentionally created the bobble around the buildings the hostages were held in at what time of the day?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)