|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paul and Allison travel under cover as sellers of what?
(a) Scrap metal.
2. What does Della urge Avery to do in reaction to the disturbance at the road block?
(a) Nuke the entire area.
(b) Launch an artillery strike.
(c) Bobble the entire area.
(d) Send reinforcements.
3. What is Kaladze's group waiting for?
(a) Paul's new device to be completed.
(b) The arrival of allies.
(c) The collapse of a nearby bobble.
(d) The arrival of Spring.
4. How does the Authority react to Wili's ploy?
(a) It works, but they refuse him entrance to the enclave.
(b) It works; they ask him to move closer to the compound.
(c) It fails, but he makes it past the perimeter.
(d) It fails, and he is forced to flee.
5. Instead of obeying Della's request with regards to Wili, what does Mike do?
(a) He hits Della brutally.
(b) He flees.
(c) He goes to the Tinkers for help.
(d) He takes Della captive.
6. Who drags Paul from his damaged vehicle?
7. How does Della feel about her attack on the pass being foiled?
8. What force drives the floating bobble of the tenement building inland?
(a) A low-pressure system.
(b) Sea winds.
(c) A device that Wili created.
(d) A storm.
9. What does Allison discover about her comrades?
(a) Most of them have joined the Authority.
(b) They were wiped out by the Authority's military.
(c) Many of them are in bobbles.
(d) They have gone into hiding.
10. What relationship do Paul and Allison claim to have as part of the cover they use to travel to the Authority enclave?
11. How does the Authority react to the floating bobble that Wili created?
(a) They acknowledge it publicly.
(b) They attempt to destroy it.
(c) They further embobble it.
(d) They cover it up.
12. How long did Wili program the bobbles he used during the attack on the pass to last?
(a) One day.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) One month.
13. Why do the gangs around the embobbled tenement building help Wili?
(a) Wili persuades them to resist the Authority.
(b) They were told that Paul wanted them to help Wili.
(c) Wili promises them weapons in exchange for their help.
(d) He was once a member of one of the gangs.
14. What does Avery say the Tinkers would need to create their own bobbles?
(a) Access to space.
(b) A supercomputer.
(c) A nuclear weapon.
(d) A nuclear reactor.
15. What does Jill urge Wili to do as the embobbling program nears completion?
(a) To embobble only Avery.
(b) To embobble the entire enclave.
(c) To run from the approaching Authority agents.
(d) To kill Della.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Allison recognize Paul?
2. Allison says that before the bobbles, mankind was close to achieving what major technological goal?
3. How long does the Authority believe it has until the Tinker attack on the Authority?
4. How does Della figure out that Mike is in an Authority vehicle?
5. What does Wili do while the group travels to the Authority enclave?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)