|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How well does Wiki interact with Paul's computer?
(a) He can't get used to it.
(b) He interfaces with it very easily.
(c) He doesn't prefer to use it to help solve problems.
(d) He is not quite as good as Paul with it.
2. What force drives the floating bobble of the tenement building inland?
(a) A storm.
(b) Sea winds.
(c) A device that Wili created.
(d) A low-pressure system.
3. What device does Wili find hidden among his possessions after he leaves Kaladze's camp?
(a) An emergency beacon.
(b) An unidentifiable device that must have come from Paul.
(c) A small recording device.
(d) A tracking device.
4. What does Avery say the Tinkers would need to create their own bobbles?
(a) A supercomputer.
(b) A nuclear reactor.
(c) Access to space.
(d) A nuclear weapon.
5. What does Allison discover about her comrades?
(a) They have gone into hiding.
(b) They were wiped out by the Authority's military.
(c) Many of them are in bobbles.
(d) Most of them have joined the Authority.
6. How does Wili's relationship with Jill change after he returns to Paul's house?
(a) It improves; she tries to take his attention away from Allison.
(b) It degrades; she seems irrationally angry with him.
(c) It improves; they become closer friends.
(d) It degrades; he is distant from her.
7. How does Della goad Kaladze?
(a) She says his group is too cowardly to act.
(b) She says he is really working for the Authority.
(c) She questions his intelligence.
(d) She says he is too reliant on Paul.
8. How long does the Authority believe it has until the Tinker attack on the Authority?
(a) Half a day.
(b) One day.
(c) A few hours.
(d) One week.
9. What does Della do to stop the violence around the enclave?
(a) She shuts down the command room.
(b) She scrambles all Authority communications.
(c) She assumes command and orders a halt of all attacks.
(d) She bobbles the entire enclave.
10. What does Della do while she is out on a walk with Mike?
(a) She hides some surveillance equipment.
(b) She takes careful note of all of her surroundings.
(c) She plants a tracking device on him.
(d) She threatens him again.
11. How does Mike escape from the banana wagon?
(a) He kicks out its side.
(b) He triggers a mechanism that collapses the wagon.
(c) He creates a distraction and runs.
(d) He leaps over the top at an opportune moment.
12. Paul and Allison travel under cover as sellers of what?
(a) Scrap metal.
13. When forced to tell Allison how he knows her, what does Wili say?
(a) He was watching her crash.
(b) He doesn't remember where he heard her name.
(c) He saw her picture.
(d) He was told about her.
14. What does Wili ask Kaladze to do with Della and Mike?
(a) Hold them for ten days.
(b) Keep them under surveillance.
(c) Place tracking devices on them.
(d) Keep them locked up.
15. What does Paul think will happen to the bobbles in the coming years?
(a) They will stop being used by the Authority.
(b) They will continue to collapse.
(c) They will begin shrinking.
(d) They will all explode catastrophically.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kaladze react to Della's goading?
2. How does Della feel about her attack on the pass being foiled?
3. What do Wili and Paul say they need to create larger bobbles?
4. How long did Wili program the bobbles he used during the attack on the pass to last?
5. Paul is severely injured during what stage of the battle?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)