|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Della think about her control over Mike after the ten days that Kaladze held them for?
(a) It won't last much longer.
(b) It is growing in strength.
(c) It is not complete.
(d) It is totally complete.
2. How does Della goad Kaladze?
(a) She says his group is too cowardly to act.
(b) She says he is really working for the Authority.
(c) She questions his intelligence.
(d) She says he is too reliant on Paul.
3. What is Kaladze's group waiting for?
(a) The collapse of a nearby bobble.
(b) Paul's new device to be completed.
(c) The arrival of Spring.
(d) The arrival of allies.
4. Where is the Authority enclave located?
(c) A mountain in the sierra nevadas.
(d) Washington state.
5. What does Avery say Della has reported to him about Paul?
(a) He is building his own bobble generator.
(b) He is planning an attack.
(c) He has gone mad.
(d) He is creating new weapons for the Tinkers.
6. Avery warns that which of the following is imminent?
(a) A terrorist attack.
(b) A war.
(c) An insurrection.
(d) A plague.
7. What does Paul think about Wili's capabilities before he interfaces with the computer?
(a) They are less than he expected.
(b) They are underdeveloped.
(c) They are dangerous.
(d) They are equal to his own.
8. How does Mike escape from the banana wagon?
(a) He kicks out its side.
(b) He leaps over the top at an opportune moment.
(c) He creates a distraction and runs.
(d) He triggers a mechanism that collapses the wagon.
9. How do Paul and the other acquire power for their computers along the way to the Authority enclave?
(a) From pre-planned drop points.
(b) From caches left by other Tinkers.
(c) They barter for them.
(d) From remote power stations.
10. What does Wili do as part of his plan to help the hostages from the chess tournament?
(a) He alerts the Tinkers to their location.
(b) He organizes a raid to rescue them.
(c) He embobbles them.
(d) He embobbles their captors.
11. Avery insists the Renaissance will be the end of what?
(a) Free thought.
(b) The undesirables within society.
(c) Humanity as a whole.
(d) The Tinkers.
12. What justification does Allison give for her suspicion that the Authority will find Paul's home soon?
(a) Her military experience.
(b) Tracking devices that she spotted.
(c) Something she overheard from Della.
(d) Search parties that she saw personally.
13. What relationship do Paul and Allison claim to have as part of the cover they use to travel to the Authority enclave?
14. How does Della feel about her attack on the pass being foiled?
15. How many people does Della estimate would have been killed had her attack on the pass been successful?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mike suggest that Paul move?
2. How long does the Authority believe it has until the Tinker attack on the Authority?
3. How does Wili deal with the threats around the pass that the Tinker's occupy?
4. Why does Wili decide to take Mike to Paul's home?
5. Why does Wili not tell Paul about his suspicions about Mike and Della?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)