|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is believed that bobbles last for how long?
(b) A hundred years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) A thousand years.
2. Wili notes that a nearby bobble contains what?
(a) A farm.
(b) A radically different climate.
(c) A wrecked plane.
(d) An entire city.
3. The pain from Wili's sickness is primarily concentrated where?
(a) In his chest.
(b) In his spine.
(c) In his stomach.
(d) In his head.
4. Della sees the people who were at the chess tournament as which of the following?
5. What does Angus say was unusual about the tombstone he saw at the crash site?
(a) It had Allison's name on it.
(b) It had no name on it.
(c) It had Angus's name on it.
(d) The name was written in an ancient language.
6. How has Mike been working with the Authority?
(a) By giving them the names of Tinkers.
(b) By giving them the location of the bioscience lab.
(c) By helping to arrest targets for the Authority.
(d) By reporting on crime in his area.
7. What date was printed on the tombstone Angus saw at the crash site?
(a) A date far in the past.
(b) A date far in the future.
(c) The date of the crash.
(d) A nonsensical date.
8. What item does Angus pick up as he recovers from the crash?
(a) A cross.
(b) A map.
(c) A flare gun.
(d) A canteen.
9. Why have others often urged Paul to take on an apprentice?
(a) So they can steal his techniques.
(b) To help him in his workshop.
(c) So he can pass on his knowledge.
(d) To provide more jobs in the community.
10. When Wili and Jeremy return to the chess tournament, what has happened?
(a) The tournament is mysteriously deserted.
(b) The area is surrounded by soldiers.
(c) Everyone there has been taken by the Authority.
(d) The hotel has been bobbled.
11. What aspect of bobbles contributes to the artificial ecosystem around them?
(a) The sunlight they reflect.
(b) The vibrations that they cause.
(c) They disturbances they create in the soil.
(d) They electromagnetic waves they emit.
12. Where is Paul's house located?
(a) The mountains.
(b) At the border of town.
(c) In another town.
(d) Near the river.
13. What did the group that Jeremy's grandfather was a part of come to deal with?
(a) The destabilization of the United States.
(b) The first bobbles.
(c) An enemy spy.
(d) A secret weapon development plant.
14. To whom does Allison intend to report her findings about Livermore?
(a) Paul Hoehler.
(b) Angus Quiller.
(c) Fred Torres.
(d) Miguel Rosas.
15. What is the entrance to the bioscience lab disguised as?
(a) A dairy farm.
(b) A wheat field.
(c) A vineyard.
(d) An orchard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the unusual activity occur that Allison observes in Livermore?
2. What does Della say the Authority intends to do with the Tinkers?
3. Wili claims his sickness gets worse when?
4. What happened to Vandenburg?
5. Jill, the being that Wili initially took for a ghost, is really what?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)