|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hamilton Avery explains that what area was destroyed by the detonation of a bobble?
(a) Greater Tucson.
(b) The Oregon range.
(c) Metropolitan Los Angeles.
(d) The Californian shelf.
2. What does Mike tell Wili to do in his last match?
(a) Win only by a small margin.
(b) Take his time.
(c) Watch his opponent carefully.
3. Where does Angus believe he and Allison have crashed?
(a) Another planet.
(c) Central America.
(d) Earth, in the past.
4. How does Paul find out about the attempt to capture Angus and Allison?
(a) A local contact informs him.
(b) He sees it on his own surveillance equipment.
(c) His automated equipment in the area notifies him.
(d) He intercepts an Authority report about it.
5. When she is first introduced, where had Della Lu recently returned from?
6. Allison and Angus realize that which of the following is likely to draw attention?
(a) Smoke from their crash.
(b) A forest fire started by their crash.
(c) A flare they accidentally launched.
(d) An automatic distress beacon in their aircraft.
7. What organization was Jeremy's grandfather a part of?
(a) The Mechanized Recon Group.
(b) The Covert Reaction Brigade.
(c) The Advance Guard.
(d) The Red Arrow Battalion.
8. What does Della threaten Mike with, should he fail to cooperate with her?
(a) She will tell everyone that he's been spying for the Authority for years.
(b) She will have his hometown bobbled.
(c) She will arrest both he and Wili.
(d) She will have his family executed.
9. Where do Wili, Mike, and Della go after they return to the shore?
(a) The Kaladze stronghold.
(b) The Tinker's base.
(c) Paul's home.
(d) Red Arrow Industries.
10. What happened to Vandenburg?
(a) It was wracked by plague.
(b) It was deserted for unknown reasons.
(c) It was destroyed by a nuclear blast.
(d) It was completely bobbled.
11. How does Della rescue Mike and Wili at the coast?
(a) By escorting them into a safe-house.
(b) In a sailing yacht.
(c) In a fishing boat.
(d) By distracting their pursuers.
12. What course of action regarding Wili Wachendon do Paul and Sheriff Wentz decide against?
(a) Forcing him to work off his debt.
(b) Sending him back to the factions.
(c) Putting him in school.
(d) Placing him with a local family.
13. The woman who greets Mike, Wili, and Jeremy at the entrance to the bioscience lab tells them what?
(a) They are not welcome.
(b) They are too late for the tour.
(c) She knows they were coming.
(d) She knows what they are up to.
14. How do Allison and Angus react when they see planes flying near their crash site?
(a) They try to hide.
(b) They try to signal them.
(c) They prepare for an attack.
(d) They flee.
15. What does Della say the Authority intends to do with the Tinkers?
(a) Arrest them.
(b) Kill off their leaders.
(c) Eliminate them entirely.
(d) Break up their organization.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is believed that bobbles last for how long?
2. What happens to Angus during the Authority's attempt to capture the crash survivors?
3. What game does Paul ask Mike to play with him?
4. What does Paul try to convince Jeremy's grandfather of?
5. What does Irma force Wili to do as he settles into Paul's household?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)