Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul shoot Wili Wachendon with?
(a) A non-lethal round.
(b) A stun gun.
(c) A sleeper dart.
(d) A tracking device.
2. Why have others often urged Paul to take on an apprentice?
(a) To help him in his workshop.
(b) So they can steal his techniques.
(c) So he can pass on his knowledge.
(d) To provide more jobs in the community.
3. What happens to Angus during the Authority's attempt to capture the crash survivors?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is captured.
(c) He narrowly escapes.
(d) He betrays Allison.
4. Where does Angus believe he and Allison have crashed?
(a) Earth, in the past.
(b) Another planet.
(c) Central America.
5. How was Allison injured during the crash?
(a) She cut her shoulder and arm.
(b) She received a concussion.
(c) She cut her leg.
(d) She broke her wrist.
6. Wili's sickness causes him to constantly experience what?
7. Where is Paul's house located?
(a) In another town.
(b) The mountains.
(c) Near the river.
(d) At the border of town.
8. The pain from Wili's sickness is primarily concentrated where?
(a) In his head.
(b) In his spine.
(c) In his chest.
(d) In his stomach.
9. Why does Wili initially intend to stay with Paul?
(a) He genuinely wants to learn from him.
(b) He wants to learn his secrets.
(c) He is curious about Paul's devices.
(d) He wants to regain his strength.
10. Where does Avery believe the blast that shattered the bobble originated?
(a) From California.
(b) From within the bobble.
(c) From the Peace Authority.
(d) From somewhere in Asia.
11. What item does Angus pick up as he recovers from the crash?
(a) A flare gun.
(b) A cross.
(c) A map.
(d) A canteen.
12. What does Wili lack that most of the other chess players have?
(a) A registration code.
(b) Mental implants.
(c) A computerized aid.
(d) Formal training.
13. What unusual structure does Angus report having seen during the crash?
(a) An artificial mountain.
(b) A strangely alien monument.
(c) An impossibly tall spire.
(d) An enormous sphere.
14. What is Paul's assessment of Wili's intellectual progress?
(a) It just measures up to his expectations.
(b) He is baffled by it.
(c) He is disappointed in it.
(d) He is impressed by it.
15. What aspect of bobbles contributes to the artificial ecosystem around them?
(a) They disturbances they create in the soil.
(b) The vibrations that they cause.
(c) The sunlight they reflect.
(d) They electromagnetic waves they emit.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she is first introduced, where had Della Lu recently returned from?
2. How does Wili react to losing his final match?
3. What type of transportation do most of the people at the Old California Shopping Center use?
4. Why does Paul pass out while trying to help Allison escape capture?
5. What was the main role of the group that Jeremy's grandfather was a part of?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)