|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of transportation do most of the people at the Old California Shopping Center use?
(a) Primitive automobiles.
(b) Horses and wagons.
(c) Solar-powered vehicles.
2. What unusual structure does Angus report having seen during the crash?
(a) An artificial mountain.
(b) An enormous sphere.
(c) A strangely alien monument.
(d) An impossibly tall spire.
3. Wili's sickness causes him to constantly experience what?
4. Della sees the people who were at the chess tournament as which of the following?
5. Wili claims his sickness gets worse when?
(a) When he is overworked.
(b) In the winter.
(c) When he is away from home.
(d) In the summer.
6. Where does Angus believe he and Allison have crashed?
(a) Another planet.
(b) Earth, in the past.
(c) Central America.
7. How many servants does Paul have?
8. What does Paul shoot Wili Wachendon with?
(a) A tracking device.
(b) A non-lethal round.
(c) A stun gun.
(d) A sleeper dart.
9. How does Wili say he learned about Mike's cooperation with the Authority?
(a) His computer aid recorded a conversation while he wasn't there.
(b) He overheard a conversation.
(c) He read Mike's body language.
(d) A voice in his head told him.
10. When Wili and Jeremy return to the chess tournament, what has happened?
(a) The area is surrounded by soldiers.
(b) Everyone there has been taken by the Authority.
(c) The tournament is mysteriously deserted.
(d) The hotel has been bobbled.
11. Jill, the being that Wili initially took for a ghost, is really what?
(a) A hallucination.
(b) A computer simulation.
(c) A psychic projection.
(d) A hologram.
12. What does Wili lack that most of the other chess players have?
(a) A computerized aid.
(b) Formal training.
(c) A registration code.
(d) Mental implants.
13. A scientist at the bioscience lab tells Wili that his illness can be cured by what?
(a) Radiation therapy.
(b) Regular injections of a common drug.
(c) Calcium supplements.
(d) Yeast tablets.
14. How do Allison and Angus react when they see planes flying near their crash site?
(a) They prepare for an attack.
(b) They try to hide.
(c) They flee.
(d) They try to signal them.
15. Who does Paul think will be able to help Wili?
(a) The gene constructors.
(b) The Alchemists.
(c) The bioscientists.
(d) The Peace Authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul use for transportation?
2. Paul tells Wili that two moving points of light in the sky are what?
3. Wili notes that most of those attending the tournament where what?
4. Where do Wili, Mike, and Della go after they return to the shore?
5. What unusual being does Wili believe he sees in Paul's house?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)