|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Wili initially intend to stay with Paul?
(a) One week.
(b) Two months.
(c) One day.
(d) A month.
2. Why have others often urged Paul to take on an apprentice?
(a) To provide more jobs in the community.
(b) So he can pass on his knowledge.
(c) So they can steal his techniques.
(d) To help him in his workshop.
3. What happens to Angus during the Authority's attempt to capture the crash survivors?
(a) He betrays Allison.
(b) He narrowly escapes.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is captured.
4. Jill, the being that Wili initially took for a ghost, is really what?
(a) A hallucination.
(b) A computer simulation.
(c) A psychic projection.
(d) A hologram.
5. What does Della say the Authority intends to do with the Tinkers?
(a) Eliminate them entirely.
(b) Arrest them.
(c) Kill off their leaders.
(d) Break up their organization.
6. What do Paul's guests bring with them?
(a) Secret messages.
(d) Unusual devices.
7. What was Wili's social status in the factions?
8. What unusual structure does Angus report having seen during the crash?
(a) An impossibly tall spire.
(b) An artificial mountain.
(c) A strangely alien monument.
(d) An enormous sphere.
9. What unusual being does Wili believe he sees in Paul's house?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A dwarf.
(c) A monster.
(d) An alien.
10. What does Mike think about Wili's illness?
(a) He is near death.
(b) He is exaggerating it.
(c) He will recover quickly without further aid.
(d) He will eventually die of it, regardless of care.
11. What does Paul use for transportation?
(a) A modern car.
(b) A horse.
(c) A teleportation device.
(d) An automated cart.
12. Why does Wili believe he will be killed if he returns to the factions?
(a) He would no longer know the latest passwords.
(b) He might have shared their secrets.
(c) He might have been corrupted by outside ideas.
(d) He would be seen as a traitor.
13. How do Allison and Angus react when they see planes flying near their crash site?
(a) They prepare for an attack.
(b) They flee.
(c) They try to hide.
(d) They try to signal them.
14. Why does Paul pass out while trying to help Allison escape capture?
(a) He hits his head on a rock.
(b) He overexerts himself.
(c) He has a seizure.
(d) He is struck by a stun gun.
15. Della sees the people who were at the chess tournament as which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Wili claims his sickness gets worse when?
2. The pain from Wili's sickness is primarily concentrated where?
3. Which of the following is one of the symptoms of Wili's sickness?
4. What branch of the armed services is Allison Parker a part of?
5. What is Paul's assessment of Wili's intellectual progress?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)