|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irma force Wili to do as he settles into Paul's household?
(b) Learn to read.
(c) Give up theft.
(d) Confess his sins.
2. At the tournament, who does Wili note has not been taken by the Authority?
(a) His final opponent.
(b) The tournament organizer.
(d) Della Lu.
3. It is believed that bobbles last for how long?
(a) A thousand years.
(b) A hundred years.
(d) Ten years.
4. To whom does Allison intend to report her findings about Livermore?
(a) Miguel Rosas.
(b) Paul Hoehler.
(c) Fred Torres.
(d) Angus Quiller.
5. What item does Angus pick up as he recovers from the crash?
(a) A flare gun.
(b) A canteen.
(c) A cross.
(d) A map.
6. What is the outcome of the match between Wili and Della Lu?
(a) Wili wins by checkmate.
(b) Della Lu unexpectedly concedes.
(c) The match is a draw.
(d) Della Lu wins by checkmate.
7. What devices do Paul and the others use to help protect them from their pursuers?
(a) Laser detectors.
(b) Stun guns.
(d) Automated sentries.
8. What is the entrance to the bioscience lab disguised as?
(a) An orchard.
(b) A dairy farm.
(c) A vineyard.
(d) A wheat field.
9. Where does the unusual activity occur that Allison observes in Livermore?
(a) In a warehouse.
(b) Aboard a tanker.
(d) At an abandoned military base.
10. What course of action regarding Wili Wachendon do Paul and Sheriff Wentz decide against?
(a) Putting him in school.
(b) Placing him with a local family.
(c) Sending him back to the factions.
(d) Forcing him to work off his debt.
11. Wili notes that most of those attending the tournament where what?
(d) Faction members.
12. What does Angus say was unusual about the tombstone he saw at the crash site?
(a) It had no name on it.
(b) It had Angus's name on it.
(c) It had Allison's name on it.
(d) The name was written in an ancient language.
13. Della sees the people who were at the chess tournament as which of the following?
14. How many nuclear bombs does the Peace Authority believe it controls?
(a) All of the reliable bombs.
(b) A small percentage of them.
(c) All of them.
(d) Most of them.
15. How do Allison and Angus react when they see planes flying near their crash site?
(a) They flee.
(b) They prepare for an attack.
(c) They try to signal them.
(d) They try to hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main role of the group that Jeremy's grandfather was a part of?
2. Wili's sickness causes him to constantly experience what?
3. How does Wili react to losing his final match?
4. What evidence causes the Authority to suspect the Tinkers possess an advanced technology?
5. What does Della say the Authority intends to do with the Tinkers?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)