|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Della sees the people who were at the chess tournament as which of the following?
2. Where is Paul's house located?
(a) Near the river.
(b) At the border of town.
(c) In another town.
(d) The mountains.
3. What do Paul's guests bring with them?
(c) Secret messages.
(d) Unusual devices.
4. What does Paul try to convince Jeremy's grandfather of?
(a) That he is in danger.
(b) That he should help fight the Authority.
(c) That he should produce an untested device for Paul.
(d) That he should relocate the company.
5. Wili's sickness causes him to constantly experience what?
6. How long does Wili initially intend to stay with Paul?
(a) One week.
(b) Two months.
(c) One day.
(d) A month.
7. At the tournament, who does Wili note has not been taken by the Authority?
(b) His final opponent.
(c) The tournament organizer.
(d) Della Lu.
8. What is the outcome of the match between Wili and Della Lu?
(a) Della Lu wins by checkmate.
(b) Wili wins by checkmate.
(c) The match is a draw.
(d) Della Lu unexpectedly concedes.
9. Why does Wili initially intend to stay with Paul?
(a) He wants to learn his secrets.
(b) He is curious about Paul's devices.
(c) He genuinely wants to learn from him.
(d) He wants to regain his strength.
10. How does Della rescue Mike and Wili at the coast?
(a) In a fishing boat.
(b) By distracting their pursuers.
(c) In a sailing yacht.
(d) By escorting them into a safe-house.
11. What happened to Vandenburg?
(a) It was completely bobbled.
(b) It was wracked by plague.
(c) It was deserted for unknown reasons.
(d) It was destroyed by a nuclear blast.
12. What did the group that Jeremy's grandfather was a part of come to deal with?
(a) A secret weapon development plant.
(b) The first bobbles.
(c) The destabilization of the United States.
(d) An enemy spy.
13. What game does Paul ask Mike to play with him?
14. What does Paul use for transportation?
(a) A horse.
(b) A teleportation device.
(c) A modern car.
(d) An automated cart.
15. Which of the following is one of the symptoms of Wili's sickness?
(a) He loses weight.
(b) His eyes turn red.
(c) His skin becomes discolored.
(d) He is unable to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul disguise himself as when he leaves the Kaladze area?
2. What usual crop is often grown near bobbles?
3. Wili notes that a nearby bobble contains what?
4. Where do Wili, Mike, and Della go after they return to the shore?
5. What does Wili lack that most of the other chess players have?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)