|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Wili, Mike, and Della go after they return to the shore?
(a) Red Arrow Industries.
(b) Paul's home.
(c) The Kaladze stronghold.
(d) The Tinker's base.
2. What evidence causes the Authority to suspect the Tinkers possess an advanced technology?
(a) Observation of Paul's home.
(b) Allison's crashed aircraft.
(c) The collapse of the first bobbles.
(d) The Tinker's ability to move and coordinate quickly.
3. How does Paul find out about the attempt to capture Angus and Allison?
(a) He intercepts an Authority report about it.
(b) He sees it on his own surveillance equipment.
(c) His automated equipment in the area notifies him.
(d) A local contact informs him.
4. What was the main role of the group that Jeremy's grandfather was a part of?
5. What aspect of bobbles contributes to the artificial ecosystem around them?
(a) The vibrations that they cause.
(b) They disturbances they create in the soil.
(c) They electromagnetic waves they emit.
(d) The sunlight they reflect.
6. What did the group that Jeremy's grandfather was a part of come to deal with?
(a) The first bobbles.
(b) The destabilization of the United States.
(c) A secret weapon development plant.
(d) An enemy spy.
7. Why does Wili believe he will be killed if he returns to the factions?
(a) He might have been corrupted by outside ideas.
(b) He would no longer know the latest passwords.
(c) He might have shared their secrets.
(d) He would be seen as a traitor.
8. Wili claims his sickness gets worse when?
(a) In the summer.
(b) When he is overworked.
(c) When he is away from home.
(d) In the winter.
9. A scientist at the bioscience lab tells Wili that his illness can be cured by what?
(a) Regular injections of a common drug.
(b) Calcium supplements.
(c) Radiation therapy.
(d) Yeast tablets.
10. What does Mike think about Wili's illness?
(a) He will eventually die of it, regardless of care.
(b) He will recover quickly without further aid.
(c) He is exaggerating it.
(d) He is near death.
11. Where does the unusual activity occur that Allison observes in Livermore?
(a) At an abandoned military base.
(b) Aboard a tanker.
(c) In a warehouse.
12. What do Paul and the others leave behind for their pursuers?
(a) A note.
(b) Some of their food.
(c) A trap.
(d) The wagon.
13. What is Wili's assessment of his intellectual progress?
(a) He is overconfident in it.
(b) He is frustrated with it.
(c) He has no opinion about it.
(d) He is despondent over it.
14. Hamilton Avery explains that what area was destroyed by the detonation of a bobble?
(a) The Oregon range.
(b) The Californian shelf.
(c) Metropolitan Los Angeles.
(d) Greater Tucson.
15. Which of the following is one of the symptoms of Wili's sickness?
(a) He is unable to sleep.
(b) His skin becomes discolored.
(c) His eyes turn red.
(d) He loses weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wili initially intend to stay with Paul?
2. Where is Paul's house located?
3. What does Della threaten Mike with, should he fail to cooperate with her?
4. How was Allison injured during the crash?
5. What branch of the armed services is Allison Parker a part of?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)