|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angus say was unusual about the tombstone he saw at the crash site?
(a) It had no name on it.
(b) It had Angus's name on it.
(c) The name was written in an ancient language.
(d) It had Allison's name on it.
2. A scientist at the bioscience lab tells Wili that his illness can be cured by what?
(a) Yeast tablets.
(b) Regular injections of a common drug.
(c) Radiation therapy.
(d) Calcium supplements.
3. How does Della rescue Mike and Wili at the coast?
(a) In a sailing yacht.
(b) By escorting them into a safe-house.
(c) In a fishing boat.
(d) By distracting their pursuers.
4. What is the outcome of the match between Wili and Della Lu?
(a) The match is a draw.
(b) Della Lu unexpectedly concedes.
(c) Della Lu wins by checkmate.
(d) Wili wins by checkmate.
5. What is Paul's assessment of Wili's intellectual progress?
(a) It just measures up to his expectations.
(b) He is impressed by it.
(c) He is disappointed in it.
(d) He is baffled by it.
6. What is Della Lu's specialization?
(a) Nuclear engineering.
7. How long does Wili initially intend to stay with Paul?
(a) One week.
(b) Two months.
(c) One day.
(d) A month.
8. What item does Angus pick up as he recovers from the crash?
(a) A map.
(b) A flare gun.
(c) A cross.
(d) A canteen.
9. It is believed that bobbles last for how long?
(a) Ten years.
(c) A thousand years.
(d) A hundred years.
10. Why have others often urged Paul to take on an apprentice?
(a) So he can pass on his knowledge.
(b) To help him in his workshop.
(c) So they can steal his techniques.
(d) To provide more jobs in the community.
11. What unusual structure does Angus report having seen during the crash?
(a) A strangely alien monument.
(b) An artificial mountain.
(c) An enormous sphere.
(d) An impossibly tall spire.
12. Hamilton Avery explains that what area was destroyed by the detonation of a bobble?
(a) The Californian shelf.
(b) Metropolitan Los Angeles.
(c) The Oregon range.
(d) Greater Tucson.
13. What do Paul's guests bring with them?
(c) Secret messages.
(d) Unusual devices.
14. What cover does Paul plan to use to conceal his reasons for taking Wili for treatment?
(a) A chess tournament.
(b) An alternate identity as a merchant.
(c) A conference about technology.
(d) A meeting with an old friend.
15. What does Paul shoot Wili Wachendon with?
(a) A tracking device.
(b) A non-lethal round.
(c) A stun gun.
(d) A sleeper dart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of transportation do most of the people at the Old California Shopping Center use?
2. When she is first introduced, where had Della Lu recently returned from?
3. Della sees the people who were at the chess tournament as which of the following?
4. How was Allison injured during the crash?
5. Della explains that the Authority believes the Tinkers have achieved what advanced technology?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)