|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Allison and Angus realize that which of the following is likely to draw attention?
(a) An automatic distress beacon in their aircraft.
(b) A flare they accidentally launched.
(c) Smoke from their crash.
(d) A forest fire started by their crash.
2. How does Wili say he learned about Mike's cooperation with the Authority?
(a) His computer aid recorded a conversation while he wasn't there.
(b) He read Mike's body language.
(c) A voice in his head told him.
(d) He overheard a conversation.
3. What cover does Paul plan to use to conceal his reasons for taking Wili for treatment?
(a) A meeting with an old friend.
(b) A chess tournament.
(c) A conference about technology.
(d) An alternate identity as a merchant.
4. Where is Paul's house located?
(a) Near the river.
(b) The mountains.
(c) At the border of town.
(d) In another town.
5. The woman who greets Mike, Wili, and Jeremy at the entrance to the bioscience lab tells them what?
(a) She knows they were coming.
(b) She knows what they are up to.
(c) They are too late for the tour.
(d) They are not welcome.
6. What does Paul use for transportation?
(a) A modern car.
(b) A teleportation device.
(c) A horse.
(d) An automated cart.
7. What position does Miguel Rosas hold?
8. What is Paul's assessment of Wili's intellectual progress?
(a) He is baffled by it.
(b) He is disappointed in it.
(c) He is impressed by it.
(d) It just measures up to his expectations.
9. At the tournament, who does Wili note has not been taken by the Authority?
(a) The tournament organizer.
(c) Della Lu.
(d) His final opponent.
10. Which of the following is one of the chores Wili is assigned to?
(a) Mucking out the stables.
(c) Handling deliveries.
11. Wili notes that most of those attending the tournament where what?
(c) Faction members.
12. Della sees the people who were at the chess tournament as which of the following?
13. Jill, the being that Wili initially took for a ghost, is really what?
(a) A psychic projection.
(b) A hallucination.
(c) A computer simulation.
(d) A hologram.
14. What did the group that Jeremy's grandfather was a part of come to deal with?
(a) An enemy spy.
(b) A secret weapon development plant.
(c) The destabilization of the United States.
(d) The first bobbles.
15. The pain from Wili's sickness is primarily concentrated where?
(a) In his head.
(b) In his stomach.
(c) In his chest.
(d) In his spine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What date was printed on the tombstone Angus saw at the crash site?
2. Della explains that the Authority believes the Tinkers have achieved what advanced technology?
3. What unusual being does Wili believe he sees in Paul's house?
4. What is Wili's assessment of his intellectual progress?
5. What does Mike tell Wili to do in his last match?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)