|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What usual crop is often grown near bobbles?
(a) Poppy seeds.
(c) Soy beans.
2. What happens to Angus during the Authority's attempt to capture the crash survivors?
(a) He is captured.
(b) He betrays Allison.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He narrowly escapes.
3. How does Paul find out about the attempt to capture Angus and Allison?
(a) His automated equipment in the area notifies him.
(b) A local contact informs him.
(c) He sees it on his own surveillance equipment.
(d) He intercepts an Authority report about it.
4. What did the group that Jeremy's grandfather was a part of come to deal with?
(a) The first bobbles.
(b) An enemy spy.
(c) The destabilization of the United States.
(d) A secret weapon development plant.
5. How do Allison and Angus react when they see planes flying near their crash site?
(a) They try to signal them.
(b) They flee.
(c) They try to hide.
(d) They prepare for an attack.
6. The people who gather at the Old California Shopping Center refer to themselves as what?
7. What unusual structure does Angus report having seen during the crash?
(a) An impossibly tall spire.
(b) An enormous sphere.
(c) An artificial mountain.
(d) A strangely alien monument.
8. What position does Miguel Rosas hold?
9. What does Paul use for transportation?
(a) A modern car.
(b) A horse.
(c) A teleportation device.
(d) An automated cart.
10. Jill, the being that Wili initially took for a ghost, is really what?
(a) A hologram.
(b) A psychic projection.
(c) A hallucination.
(d) A computer simulation.
11. What course of action regarding Wili Wachendon do Paul and Sheriff Wentz decide against?
(a) Putting him in school.
(b) Forcing him to work off his debt.
(c) Placing him with a local family.
(d) Sending him back to the factions.
12. What does Della say the Authority intends to do with the Tinkers?
(a) Arrest them.
(b) Eliminate them entirely.
(c) Kill off their leaders.
(d) Break up their organization.
13. What organization was Jeremy's grandfather a part of?
(a) The Mechanized Recon Group.
(b) The Advance Guard.
(c) The Red Arrow Battalion.
(d) The Covert Reaction Brigade.
14. Wili notes that a nearby bobble contains what?
(a) A wrecked plane.
(b) A farm.
(c) A radically different climate.
(d) An entire city.
15. To whom does Allison intend to report her findings about Livermore?
(a) Paul Hoehler.
(b) Angus Quiller.
(c) Fred Torres.
(d) Miguel Rosas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wili notes that most of those attending the tournament where what?
2. What aspect of bobbles contributes to the artificial ecosystem around them?
3. What does Paul shoot Wili Wachendon with?
4. What happened to Vandenburg?
5. Why does Wili initially intend to stay with Paul?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)