|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul use for transportation?
(a) A teleportation device.
(b) A modern car.
(c) An automated cart.
(d) A horse.
2. Where do Wili, Mike, and Della go after they return to the shore?
(a) Paul's home.
(b) Red Arrow Industries.
(c) The Tinker's base.
(d) The Kaladze stronghold.
3. The pain from Wili's sickness is primarily concentrated where?
(a) In his stomach.
(b) In his spine.
(c) In his head.
(d) In his chest.
4. Wili's sickness causes him to constantly experience what?
5. Why does Wili believe he will be killed if he returns to the factions?
(a) He might have been corrupted by outside ideas.
(b) He might have shared their secrets.
(c) He would no longer know the latest passwords.
(d) He would be seen as a traitor.
6. What is the outcome of the match between Wili and Della Lu?
(a) Wili wins by checkmate.
(b) Della Lu unexpectedly concedes.
(c) Della Lu wins by checkmate.
(d) The match is a draw.
7. What devices do Paul and the others use to help protect them from their pursuers?
(a) Laser detectors.
(b) Automated sentries.
(d) Stun guns.
8. Wili notes that a nearby bobble contains what?
(a) A radically different climate.
(b) A wrecked plane.
(c) An entire city.
(d) A farm.
9. Della sees the people who were at the chess tournament as which of the following?
10. Where does Avery believe the blast that shattered the bobble originated?
(a) From California.
(b) From somewhere in Asia.
(c) From the Peace Authority.
(d) From within the bobble.
11. What was the main role of the group that Jeremy's grandfather was a part of?
12. How does Wili say he learned about Mike's cooperation with the Authority?
(a) He read Mike's body language.
(b) His computer aid recorded a conversation while he wasn't there.
(c) He overheard a conversation.
(d) A voice in his head told him.
13. What evidence causes the Authority to suspect the Tinkers possess an advanced technology?
(a) Allison's crashed aircraft.
(b) The collapse of the first bobbles.
(c) The Tinker's ability to move and coordinate quickly.
(d) Observation of Paul's home.
14. How does Wili react to losing his final match?
(a) He attacks his opponent.
(b) He is happy to have had such an interesting game.
(c) He is unaffected.
(d) He becomes upset.
15. Interest in which of the following convince Wili to stay at Paul's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wili call Paul's home?
2. Allison and Angus realize that which of the following is likely to draw attention?
3. How does Paul find out about the attempt to capture Angus and Allison?
4. What is Wili's assessment of his intellectual progress?
5. What does Paul disguise himself as when he leaves the Kaladze area?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)