|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeremy's family's business do?
(a) It produces technological items.
(b) It produces dangerous weapons.
(c) It mass-produces food products.
(d) It refurbishes ancient technologies.
2. What does Mike think about Wili's illness?
(a) He will eventually die of it, regardless of care.
(b) He is near death.
(c) He will recover quickly without further aid.
(d) He is exaggerating it.
3. What devices do Paul and the others use to help protect them from their pursuers?
(b) Laser detectors.
(c) Stun guns.
(d) Automated sentries.
4. Wili's sickness causes him to constantly experience what?
5. What is Della's mission?
(a) To keep Wili safe.
(b) To find Paul Hoehler.
(c) To steal Paul's technology.
(d) To bring down the Tinkers.
6. What does Wili lack that most of the other chess players have?
(a) A registration code.
(b) Formal training.
(c) A computerized aid.
(d) Mental implants.
7. What do Paul and the others leave behind for their pursuers?
(a) The wagon.
(b) A trap.
(c) A note.
(d) Some of their food.
8. What is Paul's assessment of Wili's intellectual progress?
(a) He is baffled by it.
(b) He is disappointed in it.
(c) It just measures up to his expectations.
(d) He is impressed by it.
9. What does Angus go in search of after the crash?
(a) A road.
(c) An aid station.
(d) A friendly patrol.
10. What is Paul as known as?
(a) The tech genius.
(b) The tinker wizard.
(c) The alchemist.
(d) The fixer.
11. Why does Wili initially intend to stay with Paul?
(a) He is curious about Paul's devices.
(b) He wants to learn his secrets.
(c) He wants to regain his strength.
(d) He genuinely wants to learn from him.
12. What evidence causes the Authority to suspect the Tinkers possess an advanced technology?
(a) The Tinker's ability to move and coordinate quickly.
(b) The collapse of the first bobbles.
(c) Allison's crashed aircraft.
(d) Observation of Paul's home.
13. What usual crop is often grown near bobbles?
(a) Poppy seeds.
(d) Soy beans.
14. At the tournament, who does Wili note has not been taken by the Authority?
(a) The tournament organizer.
(c) Della Lu.
(d) His final opponent.
15. What unusual structure does Angus report having seen during the crash?
(a) An enormous sphere.
(b) An impossibly tall spire.
(c) A strangely alien monument.
(d) An artificial mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What branch of the armed services is Allison Parker a part of?
2. Where is Paul's house located?
3. Paul tells Wili that two moving points of light in the sky are what?
4. When she is first introduced, where had Della Lu recently returned from?
5. Allison and Angus realize that which of the following is likely to draw attention?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)