|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul try to convince Jeremy's grandfather of?
(a) That he is in danger.
(b) That he should help fight the Authority.
(c) That he should relocate the company.
(d) That he should produce an untested device for Paul.
2. What arcade game does Wiki Wachendon win repeatedly at the Old California Shopping Center?
(b) Space Destruction.
3. How many nuclear bombs does the Peace Authority believe it controls?
(a) A small percentage of them.
(b) All of the reliable bombs.
(c) All of them.
(d) Most of them.
4. How was Allison injured during the crash?
(a) She cut her shoulder and arm.
(b) She received a concussion.
(c) She broke her wrist.
(d) She cut her leg.
5. What did the group that Jeremy's grandfather was a part of come to deal with?
(a) The destabilization of the United States.
(b) An enemy spy.
(c) A secret weapon development plant.
(d) The first bobbles.
6. Where does Avery believe the blast that shattered the bobble originated?
(a) From within the bobble.
(b) From California.
(c) From the Peace Authority.
(d) From somewhere in Asia.
7. What cover does Paul plan to use to conceal his reasons for taking Wili for treatment?
(a) An alternate identity as a merchant.
(b) A chess tournament.
(c) A meeting with an old friend.
(d) A conference about technology.
8. What is Wili's assessment of his intellectual progress?
(a) He is frustrated with it.
(b) He is despondent over it.
(c) He has no opinion about it.
(d) He is overconfident in it.
9. It is believed that bobbles last for how long?
(a) A thousand years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) A hundred years.
10. What does Della say the Authority intends to do with the Tinkers?
(a) Eliminate them entirely.
(b) Kill off their leaders.
(c) Break up their organization.
(d) Arrest them.
11. Interest in which of the following convince Wili to stay at Paul's house?
12. What does Paul use for transportation?
(a) A horse.
(b) A modern car.
(c) An automated cart.
(d) A teleportation device.
13. What do Paul's guests bring with them?
(b) Unusual devices.
(d) Secret messages.
14. To whom does Allison intend to report her findings about Livermore?
(a) Paul Hoehler.
(b) Miguel Rosas.
(c) Fred Torres.
(d) Angus Quiller.
15. Where do Wili, Mike, and Della go after they return to the shore?
(a) The Tinker's base.
(b) Red Arrow Industries.
(c) The Kaladze stronghold.
(d) Paul's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Mike been working with the Authority?
2. Allison and Angus realize that which of the following is likely to draw attention?
3. Who does Paul think will be able to help Wili?
4. Wili notes that most of those attending the tournament where what?
5. Where does Angus believe he and Allison have crashed?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)