Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angus go in search of after the crash?
(a) A road.
(b) An aid station.
(d) A friendly patrol.
2. What usual crop is often grown near bobbles?
(b) Soy beans.
(d) Poppy seeds.
3. Why have others often urged Paul to take on an apprentice?
(a) To provide more jobs in the community.
(b) So they can steal his techniques.
(c) To help him in his workshop.
(d) So he can pass on his knowledge.
4. Allison and Angus realize that which of the following is likely to draw attention?
(a) A forest fire started by their crash.
(b) Smoke from their crash.
(c) An automatic distress beacon in their aircraft.
(d) A flare they accidentally launched.
5. What does Della say the Authority intends to do with the Tinkers?
(a) Break up their organization.
(b) Kill off their leaders.
(c) Arrest them.
(d) Eliminate them entirely.
6. What is Della Lu's specialization?
(d) Nuclear engineering.
7. Wili notes that a nearby bobble contains what?
(a) A wrecked plane.
(b) A radically different climate.
(c) An entire city.
(d) A farm.
8. What does Paul try to convince Jeremy's grandfather of?
(a) That he should help fight the Authority.
(b) That he should produce an untested device for Paul.
(c) That he is in danger.
(d) That he should relocate the company.
9. What was the main role of the group that Jeremy's grandfather was a part of?
10. Hamilton Avery explains that what area was destroyed by the detonation of a bobble?
(a) Metropolitan Los Angeles.
(b) The Californian shelf.
(c) The Oregon range.
(d) Greater Tucson.
11. What game does Paul ask Mike to play with him?
12. Why does Paul pass out while trying to help Allison escape capture?
(a) He hits his head on a rock.
(b) He overexerts himself.
(c) He has a seizure.
(d) He is struck by a stun gun.
13. What does Jeremy's family's business do?
(a) It produces dangerous weapons.
(b) It produces technological items.
(c) It mass-produces food products.
(d) It refurbishes ancient technologies.
14. Della sees the people who were at the chess tournament as which of the following?
15. Wili notes that most of those attending the tournament where what?
(c) Faction members.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization was Jeremy's grandfather a part of?
2. Wili claims his sickness gets worse when?
3. How does Paul find out about the attempt to capture Angus and Allison?
4. What arcade game does Wiki Wachendon win repeatedly at the Old California Shopping Center?
5. The woman who greets Mike, Wili, and Jeremy at the entrance to the bioscience lab tells them what?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)