|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas leave with Sissy before he goes?
2. How does Son convince Rose to stay at the farmhouse?
3. Who does Son dream about on the first night spent in the farmhouse?
4. Who arrives at St. Elizabeth's a week after Rose leaves?
5. How is Sissy different from the girls in the home?
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Thomas. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Thomas?
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Sissy's life. Will Rose still be such a powerful presence in her life? What is her relationship with Son? Did she develop a relationship with Thomas? Explain your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of the family in THE PATRON SAINT OF LIARS. What does it mean for each of the main characters? How does the family evolve in its support of each other? How typical is this family to most families living during the mid-20th century?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)