|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who waits with the person in #122 until the funeral director arrives?
2. What do Son and Thomas drink after dinner?
3. How many days after Cecilia's birth does Rose return to her kitchen job?
4. Who arrives at St. Elizabeth's a week after Rose leaves?
5. What has Sissy grown tired of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Patchett end the story on a note of hope for Sissy or the continuance of her struggle to come to terms with her flawed relationship with Rose? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Rose. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Rose?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)