Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose leave for Sissy at the farmhouse?
2. Who takes care of Cecilia during the day?
3. Son tells Sissy that he and Thomas talked about ______________ while on the back porch.
4. Why did Cecilia not want to marry Son?
5. What does Sissy wrap around Son's head?
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Sissy's life. Will Rose still be such a powerful presence in her life? What is her relationship with Son? Did she develop a relationship with Thomas? Explain your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book. List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)