|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Mother Corinne pay Rose to work in the kitchen?
2. What does Thomas offer to send to Sissy?
3. What does Sissy begin to notice as she grows older?
4. Who calls Son after June's funeral?
5. How is Sissy different from the girls in the home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have the driving lessons provides some hope for a better relationship between Sissy and Rose?
2. What is the nature of the relationship between Sissy and Rose at this point in time?
3. How do Sissy and Son meet Thomas Clinton, Sissy's biological father?
4. Who is the sole beneficiary of June's estate?
5. Who finds June dead and what is the turnout for her funeral?
6. What circumstances prompt Rose's abrupt departure?
7. How does Son's girlfriend, Cecilia, die, and why does he feel such guilt about it?
8. When did Sissy learn that she was not adopted?
9. What does Sissy think Son is trying to hide during the conversations with Thomas?
10. What information does Sissy learn about her life while driving with Rose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of the family in THE PATRON SAINT OF LIARS. What does it mean for each of the main characters? How does the family evolve in its support of each other? How typical is this family to most families living during the mid-20th century?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Rose. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Rose?
Essay Topic 3
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)