Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose leave for Sissy at the farmhouse?
2. Who takes care of Cecilia during the day?
3. Son tells Sissy that he and Thomas talked about ______________ while on the back porch.
4. Why did Cecilia not want to marry Son?
5. What does Sissy wrap around Son's head?
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of lying. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience lying and then cite an example to support your answers.
Does Patchett end the story on a note of hope for Sissy or the continuance of her struggle to come to terms with her flawed relationship with Rose? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)