|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose about her baby?
2. In what branch of the military did Son serve?
3. What does Rose enjoy doing for hours when she is not working?
4. Where does Beatrice plan to go through her labor?
5. Where is the hospital where the girls deliver their babies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Son?
2. Who was the girl named Cecilia that Son got his tattoo for?
3. Why do Rose and Angie not think they will have to help Beatrice with her plan?
4. Describe Rose and the role that religion plays in her life.
5. How does Rose show disregard for Son's feelings especially regarding the name Cecilia?
6. What gifts does Son give Rose for Christmas?
7. What place does driving a car have in Rose's life?
8. What job assignment does Rose get at the home and how does she work to improve it?
9. Describe the amazing find on George Clatterbuck's property and how it saved his little daughter, June.
10. What labor and delivery plan does Beatrice divulge to Angie and Rose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the overall setting setting for the novel? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Patchett choose to use these places in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Leaving is an important theme in THE PATRON SAINT OF LIARS. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Son. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Son?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)