|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The girl in #76 delivers _____________.
2. What does Angie fantasize about?
3. What is Sam's last name?
4. Who is George's little girl?
5. What chore is Rose assigned to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Rose headed to and what drives her decision?
2. Describe the amazing find on George Clatterbuck's property and how it saved his little daughter, June.
3. What did Rose think a sign from God would guide her to someday?
4. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose and Angie about their unborn babies?
5. How do Angie and Rose differ in their feelings about being pregnant?
6. What gifts does Son give Rose for Christmas?
7. What goes through Rose's mind as she drives from California to Kentucky?
8. Why does Rose feel so much anxiety being married to Thomas?
9. How does Rose show disregard for Son's feelings especially regarding the name Cecilia?
10. How does Son alter his tattoo to accommodate Rose's baby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Patchett end the story on a note of hope for Sissy or the continuance of her struggle to come to terms with her flawed relationship with Rose? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Son. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Son?
Essay Topic 3
Abandonment seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of abandonment? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the lives of the characters? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)