|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rose marry?
2. How does Rose think she will know if she should get married or become a nun?
3. What does Son have added to his tattoo?
4. What are Son's feelings about being married to Rose?
5. What does Son make for Rose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Father O'Donnell give Rose when she learns she is pregnant?
2. Why does Rose feel so much anxiety being married to Thomas?
3. What does Son reveal about his feelings for Rose?
4. What gifts does Son give Rose for Christmas?
5. What goes through Rose's mind as she drives from California to Kentucky?
6. What labor and delivery plan does Beatrice divulge to Angie and Rose?
7. What goal did Beatrice accomplish by having her babies at the home?
8. What is surprising about Beatrice's delivery and what lie do the girls tell Mother Corinne?
9. Describe Rose and the role that religion plays in her life.
10. Who was the girl named Cecilia that Son got his tattoo for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of lying. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience lying and then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book. List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Thomas. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Thomas?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)