|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Thomas spend the night?
(a) A hotel.
(b) The girls' home.
(c) Rose's house.
(d) The farmhouse.
2. Why does Son not think Sissy should stay with June all day?
(a) June is getting senile.
(b) June doesn't have a car.
(c) She should be with Rose.
(d) June's house isn't baby-proofed.
3. How had Thomas traced Rose?
(a) From phone bills.
(b) From credit card receipts.
(c) From a private investigator.
(d) From postmarks on postcards.
4. What nickname does Son call Cecilia?
(b) Doll face.
(c) Sweet cheeks.
5. How old is Sissy in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the car that Rose drove all the way from California?
2. Why is Son afraid to meet Thomas Clinton?
3. What is wrong with Son as he walks up onto the porch?
4. Why did Cecilia not want to marry Son?
5. Why is Rose angry when she arrives at the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rose do after the family moves into the farmhouse?
2. When did Sissy learn that she was not adopted?
3. How does Son's girlfriend, Cecilia, die, and why does he feel such guilt about it?
4. What perspective does Sissy take on people leaving after Thomas is gone?
5. What does Son say about being wounded and Cecilia's not wanting to marry him?
6. How do Sissy and Son meet Thomas Clinton, Sissy's biological father?
7. What does Son keep the same at St. Elizabeth's even though with his inheritance, he now has the authority to change?
8. How do Sissy and Son view Thomas' visit so differently?
9. What does Thomas leave for Sissy before he goes?
10. Who is the sole beneficiary of June's estate?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)