|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had Thomas traced Rose?
(a) From credit card receipts.
(b) From postmarks on postcards.
(c) From phone bills.
(d) From a private investigator.
2. Angie comes to visit with her new baby named _____________.
3. Why is Mother Corinne angry when Son, Rose and Sissy move into the farmhouse?
(a) She has never liked Rose.
(b) She wants them to move away.
(c) She hoped to open another home for unwed mothers there.
(d) She thought it would belong to the church.
4. What does Son say to Sissy before he passes out?
(a) Help me.
(d) Call for help.
5. How does Sissy compare to the girls in the home?
(a) She just turned 21.
(b) She is about 10.
(c) She is the age of many of the girls in the home.
(d) She is entering puberty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sissy feel about the relationship with her mother?
2. Where is Rose the morning after she receives the letter?
3. What feeling does Sissy have as Thomas leaves?
4. Sissy reads a letter from a pen pal located in what country?
5. Why is Rose angry when she arrives at the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lorraine and how does Sissy meet her?
2. What perspective does Sissy take on people leaving after Thomas is gone?
3. What is the nature of the relationship between Sissy and Rose at this point in time?
4. How does Son's girlfriend, Cecilia, die, and why does he feel such guilt about it?
5. Who finds June dead and what is the turnout for her funeral?
6. What does Sissy realize about her mother when they are driving in the car?
7. Who is the sole beneficiary of June's estate?
8. What circumstances prompt Rose's abrupt departure?
9. Why is Son concerned about Rose and Sissy after Sissy's birth?
10. Why does it never occur to Sissy that Thomas could be her biological father?
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)