|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Son say to Sissy before he passes out?
(a) Help me.
(c) Call for help.
2. What does Thomas leave with Sissy before he goes?
(a) His phone number.
(b) A book.
(c) An old suitcase.
(d) Some money.
3. Why is Mother Corinne angry when Son, Rose and Sissy move into the farmhouse?
(a) She thought it would belong to the church.
(b) She hoped to open another home for unwed mothers there.
(c) She has never liked Rose.
(d) She wants them to move away.
4. What is Sissy's middle name?
5. During a driving lesson Rose tells Sissy about __________________.
(a) her grandmother.
(b) her real father.
(c) the hitchhiker she picked up.
(d) her grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose offer to do for Sissy?
2. Who takes care of Cecilia during the day?
3. What nickname does Son call Cecilia?
4. What is wrong with Son as he walks up onto the porch?
5. Who helps Sissy get Son to the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sissy realize about her mother when they are driving in the car?
2. Who is Lorraine and how does Sissy meet her?
3. What is the nature of the relationship between Sissy and Rose at this point in time?
4. What perspective does Sissy take on people leaving after Thomas is gone?
5. How have the driving lessons provides some hope for a better relationship between Sissy and Rose?
6. What does Sissy think Son is trying to hide during the conversations with Thomas?
7. Why does it never occur to Sissy that Thomas could be her biological father?
8. What does Son say about being wounded and Cecilia's not wanting to marry him?
9. How does Son's injury make Sissy even more resentful of her mother's distant behavior?
10. What does Rose do after the family moves into the farmhouse?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)