|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sissy feel about the relationship with her mother?
2. What subject does Lorraine like to talk to Sissy about?
(a) Baby names.
(b) Baby clothes.
3. How much does Mother Corinne pay Rose to work in the kitchen?
(a) $5 day.
(c) $100 week.
(d) $2 day.
4. Who attends June's funeral service?
(a) No one.
(b) Just the nuns.
(c) The entire town.
(d) Just the girls at the home.
5. Where do Sissy and Lorraine go to swim?
(a) The river.
(b) A city pool.
(c) A pond.
(d) The country club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who waits with the person in #122 until the funeral director arrives?
2. At dinner, Thomas answers all of Sissy's questions about __________.
3. Where does Thomas spend the night?
4. Why is Son afraid to meet Thomas Clinton?
5. Who does Son dream about on the first night spent in the farmhouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What circumstances prompt Rose's abrupt departure?
2. How do Sissy and Son view Thomas' visit so differently?
3. What is the reason that Rose stays so distant from Sissy?
4. How do Sissy and Son meet Thomas Clinton, Sissy's biological father?
5. Why is Son concerned about Rose and Sissy after Sissy's birth?
6. What information does Sissy learn about her life while driving with Rose?
7. How does Son's girlfriend, Cecilia, die, and why does he feel such guilt about it?
8. What does Son say about being wounded and Cecilia's not wanting to marry him?
9. What does Thomas leave for Sissy before he goes?
10. What is the nature of the relationship between Sissy and Rose at this point in time?
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)