|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Son learn about June's estate?
(a) She has left all the land and buildings to Son.
(b) She died broke.
(c) She was a former nun.
(d) She was his mother.
2. Who attends June's funeral service?
(a) The entire town.
(b) No one.
(c) Just the nuns.
(d) Just the girls at the home.
3. What does Sissy wrap around Son's head?
(a) Bath towel.
4. Where is Rose the morning after she receives the letter?
(a) She is at church.
(b) She is in bed.
(c) She is at the grocery.
(d) She is gone.
5. Why does Son get angry at Sissy for going to the river?
(a) There was no adult nearby.
(b) It was too high.
(c) It was too isolated.
(d) It was too cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at St. Elizabeth's a week after Rose leaves?
2. Sissy reads a letter from a pen pal located in what country?
3. How much does Mother Corinne pay Rose to work in the kitchen?
4. What advice does Sissy give the girl waiting to see Mother Corinne?
5. What kind of parent is Rose?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sissy and Son view Thomas' visit so differently?
2. When did Sissy learn that she was not adopted?
3. Who is the sole beneficiary of June's estate?
4. Why is Son concerned about Rose and Sissy after Sissy's birth?
5. What does Thomas leave for Sissy before he goes?
6. What is the relationship between Sissy and the girls at the home, one girl in particular?
7. What problem does Sissy have now that she is about the same age as the girls coming to St. Elizabeth's?
8. What is the nature of the relationship between Sissy and Rose at this point in time?
9. How does Son's injury make Sissy even more resentful of her mother's distant behavior?
10. What is the reason that Rose stays so distant from Sissy?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)