|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sissy compare to the girls in the home?
(a) She is the age of many of the girls in the home.
(b) She is about 10.
(c) She is entering puberty.
(d) She just turned 21.
2. How did Son's girlfriend, Cecilia, die?
(a) She was shot.
(b) She got leukemia.
(c) She was in a car accident.
(d) She drowned.
3. What does Thomas show Sissy the next morning?
(a) Pictures of Rose.
(b) Vacation pictures.
(c) A travel map.
(d) His new car.
4. What feeling does Sissy have as Thomas leaves?
5. Why does Rose cancel a driving lesson with Sissy?
(a) It started to sleet.
(b) It got too late.
(c) She got a migraine.
(d) She got a disturbing letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Son realize about Rose?
2. What is Sissy's middle name?
3. What does Rose reply when Sissy asked her why she moved out of the farmhouse?
4. How did the person in #122 discover that June was dead?
5. During a driving lesson Rose tells Sissy about __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How have the driving lessons provides some hope for a better relationship between Sissy and Rose?
2. Who is the sole beneficiary of June's estate?
3. What does Rose do after the family moves into the farmhouse?
4. What is the relationship between Sissy and the girls at the home, one girl in particular?
5. What problem does Sissy have now that she is about the same age as the girls coming to St. Elizabeth's?
6. How do Sissy and Son view Thomas' visit so differently?
7. Why is Son concerned about Rose and Sissy after Sissy's birth?
8. Who is Lorraine and how does Sissy meet her?
9. When did Sissy learn that she was not adopted?
10. What does Sissy realize about her mother when they are driving in the car?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)