|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Mother Corinne pay Rose to work in the kitchen?
(a) $2 day.
(b) $5 day.
(d) $100 week.
2. How does Lorraine attempt to cheer up Sissy?
(a) She takes her to a movie.
(b) She highlights her hair.
(c) She bakes her a cake.
(d) She buys her a sweater.
3. What is the car that Rose drove all the way from California?
(a) Dodge Duster.
(b) Ford Mustang.
(c) Chrysler Impala.
(d) Chevy Vega.
4. Who does Son dream about on the first night spent in the farmhouse?
(a) His ex-girlfriend, Cecilia.
(c) His mother.
5. What does Thomas leave with Sissy before he goes?
(a) His phone number.
(b) An old suitcase.
(c) A book.
(d) Some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Son after June's funeral?
2. Which of the girls at the home takes a special liking to Sissy?
3. What does Rose tell Sissy happened to Sissy's real father?
4. What feeling does Sissy have as Thomas leaves?
5. What does Sissy wrap around Son's head?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lorraine and how does Sissy meet her?
2. When did Sissy learn that she was not adopted?
3. What does Sissy think Son is trying to hide during the conversations with Thomas?
4. How does Son's girlfriend, Cecilia, die, and why does he feel such guilt about it?
5. What does Sissy realize about her mother when they are driving in the car?
6. How have the driving lessons provides some hope for a better relationship between Sissy and Rose?
7. What does Son keep the same at St. Elizabeth's even though with his inheritance, he now has the authority to change?
8. What circumstances prompt Rose's abrupt departure?
9. What does Rose do after the family moves into the farmhouse?
10. How does Son's injury make Sissy even more resentful of her mother's distant behavior?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)