|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sissy wrap around Son's head?
(a) Bath towel.
2. Why is Son afraid to meet Thomas Clinton?
(a) He may take Sissy away.
(b) He thinks Rose still loves Thomas.
(c) He might say that Rose is dead.
(d) He may beat him up for marrying Rose.
3. What does Rose reply when Sissy asked her why she moved out of the farmhouse?
(a) She wanted to leave and that was the only way she could stay.
(b) It was too big to clean.
(c) It was much too drafty.
(d) There were too many creepy noises.
4. What does Thomas tell Sissy?
(a) He wants to take her to California.
(b) He is Rose's brother.
(c) She looks just like Rose.
(d) He was once married to Rose.
5. Where does Rose go after spending only one night in the farmhouse?
(a) The groundskeeper's cottage.
(b) The bed & breakfast.
(c) The convent.
(d) The hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Son in this chapter?
2. What is wrong with Son as he walks up onto the porch?
3. What does Rose offer to do for Sissy?
4. What does Sissy suspect that Son is trying to hide from Thomas?
5. What is Sissy's middle name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What perspective does Sissy take on people leaving after Thomas is gone?
2. How do Sissy and Son meet Thomas Clinton, Sissy's biological father?
3. Who is the sole beneficiary of June's estate?
4. What does Thomas leave for Sissy before he goes?
5. Why does it never occur to Sissy that Thomas could be her biological father?
6. How do Sissy and Son view Thomas' visit so differently?
7. What is the reason that Rose stays so distant from Sissy?
8. What does Son say about being wounded and Cecilia's not wanting to marry him?
9. How does Son's girlfriend, Cecilia, die, and why does he feel such guilt about it?
10. What circumstances prompt Rose's abrupt departure?
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)