|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Son's girlfriend, Cecilia, die?
(a) She was shot.
(b) She drowned.
(c) She was in a car accident.
(d) She got leukemia.
2. Why does Son get angry at Sissy for going to the river?
(a) There was no adult nearby.
(b) It was too high.
(c) It was too isolated.
(d) It was too cold.
3. Who waits with the person in #122 until the funeral director arrives?
4. What is Sissy's middle name?
5. During a driving lesson Rose tells Sissy about __________________.
(a) her grandmother.
(b) the hitchhiker she picked up.
(c) her real father.
(d) her grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Son tells Sissy that he and Thomas talked about ______________ while on the back porch.
2. What has Sissy grown tired of?
3. Why is Rose angry when she arrives at the hospital?
4. Where does Rose go after spending only one night in the farmhouse?
5. How old is Son in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sissy think Son is trying to hide during the conversations with Thomas?
2. What is the relationship between Sissy and the girls at the home, one girl in particular?
3. What is the reason that Rose stays so distant from Sissy?
4. Who is Lorraine and how does Sissy meet her?
5. What does Rose do after the family moves into the farmhouse?
6. What perspective does Sissy take on people leaving after Thomas is gone?
7. How have the driving lessons provides some hope for a better relationship between Sissy and Rose?
8. When did Sissy learn that she was not adopted?
9. What is the nature of the relationship between Sissy and Rose at this point in time?
10. How do Sissy and Son meet Thomas Clinton, Sissy's biological father?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)