|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Sissy now?
2. Who arrives at St. Elizabeth's a week after Rose leaves?
(b) Thomas Clinton.
(c) Rose's mother.
3. What is the car that Rose drove all the way from California?
(a) Chrysler Impala.
(b) Dodge Duster.
(c) Chevy Vega.
(d) Ford Mustang.
4. What is Sissy's middle name?
5. How does Sissy compare to the girls in the home?
(a) She just turned 21.
(b) She is entering puberty.
(c) She is about 10.
(d) She is the age of many of the girls in the home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Son not think Sissy should stay with June all day?
2. What does Son realize about Rose?
3. How does Lorraine attempt to cheer up Sissy?
4. What does Thomas show Sissy the next morning?
5. Sissy comes home from school one day and sees a girl ________________ in front of St. Elizabeth's.
Short Essay Questions
1. What circumstances prompt Rose's abrupt departure?
2. What does Son say about being wounded and Cecilia's not wanting to marry him?
3. What problem does Sissy have now that she is about the same age as the girls coming to St. Elizabeth's?
4. Why does it never occur to Sissy that Thomas could be her biological father?
5. Who is the sole beneficiary of June's estate?
6. What is the nature of the relationship between Sissy and Rose at this point in time?
7. What does Thomas leave for Sissy before he goes?
8. What does Rose do after the family moves into the farmhouse?
9. What is the relationship between Sissy and the girls at the home, one girl in particular?
10. How do Sissy and Son view Thomas' visit so differently?
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)