|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days after Cecilia's birth does Rose return to her kitchen job?
2. During a driving lesson Rose tells Sissy about __________________.
(a) the hitchhiker she picked up.
(b) her grandmother.
(c) her grandfather.
(d) her real father.
3. Who does Sissy think will become the next cook at St. Elizabeth's?
(b) Alice Ann.
4. Sissy reads a letter from a pen pal located in what country?
5. How does Sissy feel about the relationship with her mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Son as he walks up onto the porch?
2. What does Rose offer to do for Sissy?
3. What does Rose reply when Sissy asked her why she moved out of the farmhouse?
4. What does the girl in #137 ask Sissy?
5. What feeling does Sissy have as Thomas leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Son's injury make Sissy even more resentful of her mother's distant behavior?
2. How do Sissy and Son view Thomas' visit so differently?
3. What does Rose do after the family moves into the farmhouse?
4. How have the driving lessons provides some hope for a better relationship between Sissy and Rose?
5. What does Son keep the same at St. Elizabeth's even though with his inheritance, he now has the authority to change?
6. What problem does Sissy have now that she is about the same age as the girls coming to St. Elizabeth's?
7. What is the reason that Rose stays so distant from Sissy?
8. How do Sissy and Son meet Thomas Clinton, Sissy's biological father?
9. Who is Lorraine and how does Sissy meet her?
10. What does Sissy realize about her mother when they are driving in the car?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)