|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lorraine attempt to cheer up Sissy?
(a) She bakes her a cake.
(b) She buys her a sweater.
(c) She highlights her hair.
(d) She takes her to a movie.
2. Son tells Sissy that he and Thomas talked about ______________ while on the back porch.
3. Who does Son dream about on the first night spent in the farmhouse?
(a) His mother.
(d) His ex-girlfriend, Cecilia.
4. Who waits with the person in #122 until the funeral director arrives?
5. Sissy reads a letter from a pen pal located in what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the car that Rose drove all the way from California?
2. How old is Sissy now?
3. Why did Son feel so guilty about Cecilia's death?
4. Where do Sissy and Lorraine go to swim?
5. What does Rose leave for Sissy at the farmhouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the relationship between Sissy and Rose at this point in time?
2. How do Sissy and Son view Thomas' visit so differently?
3. When did Sissy learn that she was not adopted?
4. What does Rose do after the family moves into the farmhouse?
5. How does Son's girlfriend, Cecilia, die, and why does he feel such guilt about it?
6. What is the reason that Rose stays so distant from Sissy?
7. Who is the sole beneficiary of June's estate?
8. Why is Son concerned about Rose and Sissy after Sissy's birth?
9. What perspective does Sissy take on people leaving after Thomas is gone?
10. What does Thomas leave for Sissy before he goes?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)