|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Mother Corinne pay Rose to work in the kitchen?
(a) $100 week.
(b) $2 day.
(d) $5 day.
2. What has Sissy grown tired of?
(a) Washing dishes.
(b) Saying goodbye to people.
(c) Doing her homework.
(d) Walking to school.
3. How do the people in Habit view the Catholics?
(a) They hate them.
(b) They respect them.
(c) They mistrust them.
(d) They revere them.
4. What does Son learn about June's estate?
(a) She died broke.
(b) She was his mother.
(c) She was a former nun.
(d) She has left all the land and buildings to Son.
5. Who helps Sissy get Son to the hospital?
(b) Alice Ann.
(d) Mother Corinne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Son tells Sissy not to tell Thomas ______________.
2. Why is Rose angry when she arrives at the hospital?
3. What is wrong with Son as he walks up onto the porch?
4. How many stitches does Son get in his head?
5. What does the girl in #137 ask Sissy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What perspective does Sissy take on people leaving after Thomas is gone?
2. Why does it never occur to Sissy that Thomas could be her biological father?
3. What is the relationship between Sissy and the girls at the home, one girl in particular?
4. Who finds June dead and what is the turnout for her funeral?
5. What does Rose do after the family moves into the farmhouse?
6. What circumstances prompt Rose's abrupt departure?
7. What does Thomas leave for Sissy before he goes?
8. How do Sissy and Son meet Thomas Clinton, Sissy's biological father?
9. Why is Son concerned about Rose and Sissy after Sissy's birth?
10. Who is the sole beneficiary of June's estate?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)