|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the car that Rose drove all the way from California?
(a) Chrysler Impala.
(b) Chevy Vega.
(c) Ford Mustang.
(d) Dodge Duster.
2. Son tells Sissy that he and Thomas talked about ______________ while on the back porch.
3. Who helps Sissy get Son to the hospital?
(b) Mother Corinne.
(d) Alice Ann.
4. Why does Rose cancel a driving lesson with Sissy?
(a) She got a migraine.
(b) It got too late.
(c) She got a disturbing letter.
(d) It started to sleet.
5. Who takes care of Cecilia during the day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject does Lorraine like to talk to Sissy about?
2. Angie comes to visit with her new baby named _____________.
3. How many stitches does Son get in his head?
4. What do Son and Thomas drink after dinner?
5. What does Sissy wrap around Son's head?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sissy and Son view Thomas' visit so differently?
2. What perspective does Sissy take on people leaving after Thomas is gone?
3. What does Rose do after the family moves into the farmhouse?
4. What does Sissy realize about her mother when they are driving in the car?
5. How does Son's girlfriend, Cecilia, die, and why does he feel such guilt about it?
6. What does Thomas leave for Sissy before he goes?
7. Who is Lorraine and how does Sissy meet her?
8. What does Son say about being wounded and Cecilia's not wanting to marry him?
9. What circumstances prompt Rose's abrupt departure?
10. What is the reason that Rose stays so distant from Sissy?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)