|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At dinner, Thomas answers all of Sissy's questions about __________.
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) His vacation.
(d) His job.
2. What has Sissy grown tired of?
(a) Walking to school.
(b) Washing dishes.
(c) Doing her homework.
(d) Saying goodbye to people.
3. How does Sissy feel about the relationship with her mother?
4. Which of the girls at the home takes a special liking to Sissy?
5. What does Sissy begin to notice as she grows older?
(a) She is the only redhead at the home.
(b) There are never any boys around the home.
(c) Her mother is very affectionate toward her father.
(d) The girls at the home disappear after their babies are born.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl waiting to see Mother Corinne?
2. How much does Mother Corinne pay Rose to work in the kitchen?
3. Sissy reads a letter from a pen pal located in what country?
4. Who arrives at St. Elizabeth's a week after Rose leaves?
5. What does Rose leave for Sissy at the farmhouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who finds June dead and what is the turnout for her funeral?
2. What is the nature of the relationship between Sissy and Rose at this point in time?
3. How have the driving lessons provides some hope for a better relationship between Sissy and Rose?
4. Why is Son concerned about Rose and Sissy after Sissy's birth?
5. What does Sissy realize about her mother when they are driving in the car?
6. Who is the sole beneficiary of June's estate?
7. Why does it never occur to Sissy that Thomas could be her biological father?
8. What does Son keep the same at St. Elizabeth's even though with his inheritance, he now has the authority to change?
9. What does Son say about being wounded and Cecilia's not wanting to marry him?
10. What does Rose do after the family moves into the farmhouse?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)