|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rose open up and talk to Sissy?
(a) In the car.
(b) In a coffee shop.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the grocery.
2. Son tells Sissy not to tell Thomas ______________.
(a) where her mother is.
(b) where the safe is.
(c) how old she is.
(d) where the legal papers are.
3. How had Thomas traced Rose?
(a) From credit card receipts.
(b) From a private investigator.
(c) From postmarks on postcards.
(d) From phone bills.
4. Son tells Sissy that he and Thomas talked about ______________ while on the back porch.
5. What kind of parent is Rose?
(d) Very hands-on.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lorraine attempt to cheer up Sissy?
2. What does Rose reply when Sissy asked her why she moved out of the farmhouse?
3. How much does Mother Corinne pay Rose to work in the kitchen?
4. How many stitches does Son get in his head?
5. How does Son convince Rose to stay at the farmhouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sissy and Son view Thomas' visit so differently?
2. What is the nature of the relationship between Sissy and Rose at this point in time?
3. What does Sissy think Son is trying to hide during the conversations with Thomas?
4. What does Rose do after the family moves into the farmhouse?
5. What is the relationship between Sissy and the girls at the home, one girl in particular?
6. What does Sissy realize about her mother when they are driving in the car?
7. How have the driving lessons provides some hope for a better relationship between Sissy and Rose?
8. When did Sissy learn that she was not adopted?
9. How do Sissy and Son meet Thomas Clinton, Sissy's biological father?
10. What circumstances prompt Rose's abrupt departure?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)