|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rose open up and talk to Sissy?
(a) In a coffee shop.
(b) In the car.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the grocery.
2. Angie comes to visit with her new baby named _____________.
3. What does Sissy suspect that Son is trying to hide from Thomas?
(a) That Son wants a divorce.
(b) That her parents had to get married.
(c) That Rose is a bad mother.
(d) That Sissy is pregnant.
4. What advice does Sissy give the girl waiting to see Mother Corinne?
(a) Ask for office duty.
(b) Don't tell the nuns anything personal.
(c) Don't tell her the father of the baby has died.
(d) Be sure to act like you're sick.
5. What does Thomas show Sissy the next morning?
(a) Pictures of Rose.
(b) A travel map.
(c) Vacation pictures.
(d) His new car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes care of Cecilia during the day?
2. What does Thomas leave with Sissy before he goes?
3. Sissy comes home from school one day and sees a girl ________________ in front of St. Elizabeth's.
4. Why is Son afraid to meet Thomas Clinton?
5. How old is Son in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Sissy and the girls at the home, one girl in particular?
2. What does Rose do after the family moves into the farmhouse?
3. What does Son keep the same at St. Elizabeth's even though with his inheritance, he now has the authority to change?
4. What does Sissy realize about her mother when they are driving in the car?
5. How does Son's injury make Sissy even more resentful of her mother's distant behavior?
6. What perspective does Sissy take on people leaving after Thomas is gone?
7. Who is Lorraine and how does Sissy meet her?
8. How do Sissy and Son meet Thomas Clinton, Sissy's biological father?
9. What is the nature of the relationship between Sissy and Rose at this point in time?
10. What problem does Sissy have now that she is about the same age as the girls coming to St. Elizabeth's?
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)