|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl in #137 ask Sissy?
(a) Who adopted her baby.
(b) What excuse she gave the nuns.
(c) What her name is.
(d) Where she came from.
2. Who waits with the person in #122 until the funeral director arrives?
3. Who calls Son after June's funeral?
(a) Mother Corinne.
(b) Fr. Dumminger.
(c) Rose's husband.
(d) June's lawyer.
4. How old is Son in this chapter?
5. What does Son realize about Rose?
(a) She loves him very much.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) She is very smart.
(d) She is a leaver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Son as he walks up onto the porch?
2. How old is Sissy in this chapter?
3. During a driving lesson Rose tells Sissy about __________________.
4. How does Son convince Rose to stay at the farmhouse?
5. How does Lorraine attempt to cheer up Sissy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Son concerned about Rose and Sissy after Sissy's birth?
2. What is the reason that Rose stays so distant from Sissy?
3. What problem does Sissy have now that she is about the same age as the girls coming to St. Elizabeth's?
4. How does Son's injury make Sissy even more resentful of her mother's distant behavior?
5. What does Son say about being wounded and Cecilia's not wanting to marry him?
6. What is the relationship between Sissy and the girls at the home, one girl in particular?
7. What does Sissy realize about her mother when they are driving in the car?
8. When did Sissy learn that she was not adopted?
9. What information does Sissy learn about her life while driving with Rose?
10. What circumstances prompt Rose's abrupt departure?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)