|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Son convince Rose to stay at the farmhouse?
(a) He says Sissy really likes it.
(b) He does not convince her.
(c) He says the kitchen in nicer.
(d) He says she can get a puppy.
2. How many stitches does Son get in his head?
(a) About 10.
(b) 100 or so.
(c) More than 50.
3. What does Rose leave for Sissy at the farmhouse?
(a) A skirt.
(b) Bubble bath.
(d) A hot meal.
4. What is the name of the girl waiting to see Mother Corinne?
5. What kind of parent is Rose?
(d) Very hands-on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rose go after spending only one night in the farmhouse?
2. What does Thomas offer to send to Sissy?
3. How much does Mother Corinne pay Rose to work in the kitchen?
4. What does Thomas leave with Sissy before he goes?
5. Who takes care of Cecilia during the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Son's injury make Sissy even more resentful of her mother's distant behavior?
2. What is the reason that Rose stays so distant from Sissy?
3. How does Son's girlfriend, Cecilia, die, and why does he feel such guilt about it?
4. What does Thomas leave for Sissy before he goes?
5. What does Sissy realize about her mother when they are driving in the car?
6. How have the driving lessons provides some hope for a better relationship between Sissy and Rose?
7. What problem does Sissy have now that she is about the same age as the girls coming to St. Elizabeth's?
8. Who is the sole beneficiary of June's estate?
9. What circumstances prompt Rose's abrupt departure?
10. Why is Son concerned about Rose and Sissy after Sissy's birth?
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)