|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling does Sissy have as Thomas leaves?
2. How does Son convince Rose to stay at the farmhouse?
(a) He says she can get a puppy.
(b) He says Sissy really likes it.
(c) He does not convince her.
(d) He says the kitchen in nicer.
3. What does Rose leave for Sissy at the farmhouse?
(a) A hot meal.
(c) A skirt.
(d) Bubble bath.
4. What does Son say to Sissy before he passes out?
(a) Help me.
(b) Call for help.
5. Why does Son not think Sissy should stay with June all day?
(a) June's house isn't baby-proofed.
(b) June is getting senile.
(c) June doesn't have a car.
(d) She should be with Rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas leave with Sissy before he goes?
2. What does Thomas offer to send to Sissy?
3. Where do Sissy and Lorraine go to swim?
4. How does Sissy compare to the girls in the home?
5. How did the person in #122 discover that June was dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Sissy learn about her life while driving with Rose?
2. How have the driving lessons provides some hope for a better relationship between Sissy and Rose?
3. What is the reason that Rose stays so distant from Sissy?
4. Why is Son concerned about Rose and Sissy after Sissy's birth?
5. What is the relationship between Sissy and the girls at the home, one girl in particular?
6. How does Son's injury make Sissy even more resentful of her mother's distant behavior?
7. What does Son keep the same at St. Elizabeth's even though with his inheritance, he now has the authority to change?
8. How do Sissy and Son view Thomas' visit so differently?
9. What perspective does Sissy take on people leaving after Thomas is gone?
10. What problem does Sissy have now that she is about the same age as the girls coming to St. Elizabeth's?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)