|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Sissy different from the girls in the home?
(a) She does not have to attend Mass.
(b) She was raised here.
(c) She has no experience with sex.
(d) She goes to public school.
2. What does Thomas tell Sissy?
(a) She looks just like Rose.
(b) He is Rose's brother.
(c) He was once married to Rose.
(d) He wants to take her to California.
3. Why did Cecilia not want to marry Son?
(a) He was abusive.
(b) He was going bald.
(c) He didn't have much money.
(d) He was injured accidentally.
4. How many days after Cecilia's birth does Rose return to her kitchen job?
5. What is the name of the girl waiting to see Mother Corinne?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lorraine attempt to cheer up Sissy?
2. What news does the person in #164 have for Rose?
3. What does Rose offer to do for Sissy?
4. What is wrong with Son as he walks up onto the porch?
5. What does Son say to Sissy before he passes out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Sissy and the girls at the home, one girl in particular?
2. What perspective does Sissy take on people leaving after Thomas is gone?
3. How have the driving lessons provides some hope for a better relationship between Sissy and Rose?
4. What does Thomas leave for Sissy before he goes?
5. What does Sissy realize about her mother when they are driving in the car?
6. How do Sissy and Son view Thomas' visit so differently?
7. What is the reason that Rose stays so distant from Sissy?
8. When did Sissy learn that she was not adopted?
9. Why does it never occur to Sissy that Thomas could be her biological father?
10. What problem does Sissy have now that she is about the same age as the girls coming to St. Elizabeth's?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)