|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Son realize about Rose?
(a) She is very smart.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) She is a leaver.
(d) She loves him very much.
2. Sissy reads a letter from a pen pal located in what country?
3. How old is Son in this chapter?
4. Who does Sissy think will become the next cook at St. Elizabeth's?
(a) Alice Ann.
5. Angie comes to visit with her new baby named _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of parent is Rose?
2. Where does Rose go after spending only one night in the farmhouse?
3. What is wrong with Son as he walks up onto the porch?
4. Where does Thomas spend the night?
5. What does Sissy suspect that Son is trying to hide from Thomas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the relationship between Sissy and Rose at this point in time?
2. What information does Sissy learn about her life while driving with Rose?
3. Who is the sole beneficiary of June's estate?
4. Who is Lorraine and how does Sissy meet her?
5. Why does it never occur to Sissy that Thomas could be her biological father?
6. How do Sissy and Son view Thomas' visit so differently?
7. Why is Son concerned about Rose and Sissy after Sissy's birth?
8. How does Son's injury make Sissy even more resentful of her mother's distant behavior?
9. What is the relationship between Sissy and the girls at the home, one girl in particular?
10. What does Rose do after the family moves into the farmhouse?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)