|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girls tell Mother Corinne about the births?
(a) One baby died.
(b) The babies are stillborn.
(c) There was not enough time to go to the hospital.
(d) The baby was deprived of oxygen.
2. What lie does Rose tell Angie after the birth of her baby?
(a) The baby started breathing.
(b) The baby had a funeral.
(c) Sister Evangeline didn't know the baby would die.
(d) The baby was alive for a little bit.
3. Of what disease is Nelson's wife cured after drinking the spring water?
4. Why does Rose refuse to drive in the city in #21?
(a) She might run out of gas.
(b) It's too far from home.
(c) The traffic is too crazy.
(d) Her mother might see her.
5. What is Rose's position on the baby?
(a) She doesn't know if she will keep the baby.
(b) She does not want to get attached.
(c) She cannot wait to see the baby.
(d) She cannot wait to be rid of the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotionally wounds Rose and Angie one day?
2. What information does Rose want from the person in #27?
3. What happens to a girl after she delivers her baby?
4. Who is the first person Rose meets at St. Elizabeth's?
5. What does Rose enjoy doing for hours when she is not working?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Hotel Louisa and how does it become a home for unwed mothers?
2. Describe the amazing find on George Clatterbuck's property and how it saved his little daughter, June.
3. What happens when Beatrice goes into labor after the holidays?
4. What job assignment does Rose get at the home and how does she work to improve it?
5. Why do Rose and Angie not think they will have to help Beatrice with her plan?
6. What role does June play in Rose's life?
7. Why does Rose feel guilty when her mother gets married soon after Rose is married?
8. How does Son alter his tattoo to accommodate Rose's baby?
9. What goes through Rose's mind as she drives from California to Kentucky?
10. What was Rose's relationship with her mother?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)