|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rose and Son do?
(b) Rob a bank.
(c) Get married.
(d) Move to Maine.
2. What was Rose's mother's job as Rose was growing up?
(d) Makeup counter salesgirl.
3. The doctor thought that the girl in #76 was going to have ______________.
(a) one large baby.
4. What makes Rose decide to leave her home?
(a) She is having a breakdown.
(b) She doesn't love her husband.
(c) She needs a vacation.
(d) She wants to visit friends.
5. How does Rose think she will know if she should get married or become a nun?
(a) Her mother will tell her what to do.
(b) Her guidance counselor will help her.
(c) God will give her a sign.
(d) A psychic reader will tell her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose tell Son?
2. What do the St. Vincent de Paul Society women do for the girls?
3. What is Sister Evangeline's special gift?
4. What wish comes true for the girl in #76?
5. Why did Son beat up Sam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rose and the role that religion plays in her life.
2. What is the painful emotional experience Angie and Rose experience with holding the newborn baby?
3. What happens when Beatrice goes into labor after the holidays?
4. What did Rose think a sign from God would guide her to someday?
5. What is the Hotel Louisa and how does it become a home for unwed mothers?
6. What does it indicate that Rose sends a postcard to her mother?
7. What is the unspoken rule between Rose and Son?
8. What gifts does Son give Rose for Christmas?
9. What does Son reveal about his feelings for Rose?
10. Who is Son?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)