|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Rose Clinton headed when she leaves California?
(d) West Virginia.
2. Who is the supervisor of St. Elizabeth's?
(a) Mother Corinne.
(b) Mother Beatrice.
(c) Mother Aquinas.
(d) Mother Catherine.
3. How long may the girls shop before returning to the home?
(a) An hour and a half.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) All day.
4. Who goes into labor right after the holidays?
5. The doctor thought that the girl in #76 was going to have ______________.
(d) one large baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person Rose meets at St. Elizabeth's?
2. What does Rose really enjoy after her marriage to Thomas?
3. What did Rose's mother do after Rose got married?
4. What happens to the structure when the spring dries up?
5. What structure does Nelson build near the spring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the unspoken rule between Rose and Son?
2. What place does driving a car have in Rose's life?
3. How does Son's injury make Sissy even more resentful of her mother's distant behavior?
4. Why do Rose and Angie not think they will have to help Beatrice with her plan?
5. What goes through Rose's mind as she drives from California to Kentucky?
6. What did Rose think a sign from God would guide her to someday?
7. Why did Rose decide to marry Thomas Clinton?
8. What does Rose decide to do after the trauma of Beatrice's experience?
9. What does it indicate that Rose sends a postcard to her mother?
10. Who is Lorraine and how does Sissy meet her?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)