|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who runs the kitchen at St. Elizabeth's?
(a) Sister Caroline Marie.
(b) Sister Regina.
(c) Sister Evangeline.
(d) Sister Mary Acquin.
2. How long is the drive to Owensboro?
(a) Two hours.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) One hour.
3. What is the reaction of the woman at the gas station when Rose asks about St. Elizabeth's?
4. Angie tells Rose that the father of Angie's baby is __________________.
(a) her own father.
(b) her ex-boyfriend.
(c) a stranger.
(d) a business owner with whom she had an affair.
5. What is the name of the town where Rose is going?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girls tell Mother Corinne about the births?
2. What has Angie begun doing for her baby?
3. Why does Rose refuse to drive in the city in #21?
4. What are Son's feelings about being married to Rose?
5. What does Angie fantasize about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show Rose's true selfish nature in this chapter?
2. Why does Rose feel guilty when her mother gets married soon after Rose is married?
3. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose and Angie about their unborn babies?
4. How is Rose different from the other girls living at St. Elizabeth's?
5. What is the Hotel Louisa and how does it become a home for unwed mothers?
6. What labor and delivery plan does Beatrice divulge to Angie and Rose?
7. How does Son alter his tattoo to accommodate Rose's baby?
8. How does Rose show disregard for Son's feelings especially regarding the name Cecilia?
9. What is the unspoken rule between Rose and Son?
10. Why does Rose feel so much anxiety being married to Thomas?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)