|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose about her baby?
(a) She will have triplets.
(b) She will have a girl.
(c) She will have twins.
(d) She will have a boy.
2. How old is Rose when her father dies?
3. What does Son have added to his tattoo?
(a) The baby's birth date.
(b) A heart.
(c) A cigar.
(d) An astrological sign.
4. What is Rose's husband's job?
(a) Math teacher.
5. Why does Beatrice plan to have her babies at the home?
(a) So she can have a midwife.
(b) So she can be in familiar surroundings.
(c) So she can hold them on the way to Owensboro.
(d) So she will be among friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rose's position on the baby?
2. Who is Beatrice's roommate?
3. What is Sister Evangeline's special gift?
4. How long is the drive to Owensboro?
5. What is the reaction of the woman at the gas station when Rose asks about St. Elizabeth's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Sissy and the girls at the home, one girl in particular?
2. What advice does Father O'Donnell give Rose when she learns she is pregnant?
3. How do Angie and Rose differ in their feelings about being pregnant?
4. Why is Son concerned about Rose and Sissy after Sissy's birth?
5. Who is the sole beneficiary of June's estate?
6. Why does Rose feel guilty when her mother gets married soon after Rose is married?
7. How does the author show Rose's true selfish nature in this chapter?
8. What is surprising about Beatrice's delivery and what lie do the girls tell Mother Corinne?
9. How does Son's girlfriend, Cecilia, die, and why does he feel such guilt about it?
10. Where is Rose headed to and what drives her decision?
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)