|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chore is Rose assigned to do?
(a) Cleaning bathrooms.
(b) Office work.
(c) Polishing floors.
(d) Kitchen work.
2. What makes Rose uncomfortable now?
(a) Her belly has really expanded.
(b) She lied to her mother.
(c) She misses Thomas.
(d) She is ashamed.
3. Who runs the kitchen at St. Elizabeth's?
(a) Sister Regina.
(b) Sister Evangeline.
(c) Sister Caroline Marie.
(d) Sister Mary Acquin.
4. What does Angie fantasize about?
(a) Taking her baby home.
(b) What her baby will become.
(c) The people who will adopt her baby.
(d) Names for her baby.
5. Who is the first person Rose meets at St. Elizabeth's?
(a) Sister Caroline.
(b) Sister Bernadette.
(c) Fr. Wilson.
(d) Brother Marcus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the supervisor of St. Elizabeth's?
2. What is the reaction of the woman at the gas station when Rose asks about St. Elizabeth's?
3. How does Rose feel about her mother at this point?
4. How old is Rose when her father dies?
5. What does Son never ask Rose about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goes through Rose's mind as she drives from California to Kentucky?
2. Why did Rose decide to marry Thomas Clinton?
3. Where is Rose headed to and what drives her decision?
4. Describe Rose and the role that religion plays in her life.
5. How is Son's character contrasted with Rose's character?
6. How does Son alter his tattoo to accommodate Rose's baby?
7. Who is Son?
8. What does Rose learn about what happens to a girl once she has had her baby and how does this add to the shame overshadowing the home?
9. What gifts does Son give Rose for Christmas?
10. How does Son show that he is interested in Rose?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)