|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the structure when the spring dries up?
(a) It is donated to the Catholic church.
(b) It is torn down.
(c) It is boarded up for good.
(d) It is made into a Howard Johnson's.
2. What do the girls tell Mother Corinne about the births?
(a) The baby was deprived of oxygen.
(b) There was not enough time to go to the hospital.
(c) The babies are stillborn.
(d) One baby died.
3. Where is Rose Clinton headed when she leaves California?
(b) West Virginia.
4. What plan does Son suggest to Rose?
(a) She give up the baby.
(b) She return home.
(c) They get married.
(d) She get a divorce.
5. What does Rose want to name her baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rose's demeanor toward Son?
2. How did Rose's father die?
3. Where does Beatrice plan to go through her labor?
4. What does Son make for Rose?
5. The girl in #76 delivers _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Son alter his tattoo to accommodate Rose's baby?
2. Who is Son?
3. Why do Rose and Angie not think they will have to help Beatrice with her plan?
4. What is surprising about Beatrice's delivery and what lie do the girls tell Mother Corinne?
5. What was Rose's relationship with her mother?
6. What does Son reveal about his feelings for Rose?
7. What job assignment does Rose get at the home and how does she work to improve it?
8. What is the unspoken rule between Rose and Son?
9. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose and Angie about their unborn babies?
10. How do Angie and Rose differ in their feelings about being pregnant?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)