|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Rose's mother's job as Rose was growing up?
(a) Makeup counter salesgirl.
2. Angie tells Rose that the father of Angie's baby is __________________.
(a) a business owner with whom she had an affair.
(b) her ex-boyfriend.
(c) a stranger.
(d) her own father.
3. How is Rose different from the other girls at St. Elizabeth's?
(a) She is a college student.
(b) She is married.
(c) She is white.
(d) She is twice their age.
4. From what state does Rose call her mother?
(b) New Mexico.
5. What happens to the structure when the spring dries up?
(a) It is donated to the Catholic church.
(b) It is boarded up for good.
(c) It is torn down.
(d) It is made into a Howard Johnson's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the structure eventually named?
2. Who goes into labor right after the holidays?
3. Where is Rose Clinton headed when she leaves California?
4. Who runs the kitchen at St. Elizabeth's?
5. Who is Beatrice's roommate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Son show that he is interested in Rose?
2. What role does June play in Rose's life?
3. What gifts does Son give Rose for Christmas?
4. What job assignment does Rose get at the home and how does she work to improve it?
5. What does Son reveal about his feelings for Rose?
6. Who is Son?
7. What does Rose decide to do after the trauma of Beatrice's experience?
8. Why did Rose decide to marry Thomas Clinton?
9. What is the Hotel Louisa and how does it become a home for unwed mothers?
10. Why does Rose feel so much anxiety being married to Thomas?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)