|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what state does Rose call her mother?
(d) New Mexico.
2. What does Rose do after the girl in #76 leaves?
(a) She cries.
(b) She walks in the cold.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She calls her mother.
3. Where does Rose get the inspiration for the baby's name?
(a) A childhood friend.
(b) Son's tattoo.
(c) A movie star.
(d) Her favorite aunt.
4. What lie does Rose tell Angie after the birth of her baby?
(a) The baby had a funeral.
(b) The baby started breathing.
(c) The baby was alive for a little bit.
(d) Sister Evangeline didn't know the baby would die.
5. What lie does Rose tell the supervisor at St. Elizabeth's?
(a) She is not Catholic.
(b) Her mother made her come.
(c) Her husband is dead.
(d) She is a local girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rose and her roommate do before dinner?
2. How was Son injured?
3. Who does Rose visit when she learns she is pregnant?
4. Why did Son's parents not care for Cecilia?
5. How old is Rose when her father dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose and Angie about their unborn babies?
2. What did Rose think a sign from God would guide her to someday?
3. How is Son's character contrasted with Rose's character?
4. How does Son alter his tattoo to accommodate Rose's baby?
5. What role does June play in Rose's life?
6. How is Rose different from the other girls living at St. Elizabeth's?
7. What gifts does Son give Rose for Christmas?
8. How do Angie and Rose differ in their feelings about being pregnant?
9. Describe Rose and the role that religion plays in her life.
10. What is the unspoken rule between Rose and Son?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)