|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is George's little girl?
2. When did Cecilia say she would marry Son?
(a) After he completed boot camp.
(b) When he could afford a big ring.
(c) After the war was over.
(d) When she turned 21.
3. What are Son's feelings about being married to Rose?
4. The doctor thought that the girl in #76 was going to have ______________.
(d) one large baby.
5. Why does Rose refuse to drive in the city in #21?
(a) She might run out of gas.
(b) The traffic is too crazy.
(c) Her mother might see her.
(d) It's too far from home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rose Clinton headed when she leaves California?
2. What do the St. Vincent de Paul Society women do for the girls?
3. What is Sister Evangeline's special gift?
4. What does Son make for Rose?
5. Who is the groundskeeper for St. Elizabeth's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What labor and delivery plan does Beatrice divulge to Angie and Rose?
2. Why do Rose and Angie not think they will have to help Beatrice with her plan?
3. What was Rose's relationship with her mother?
4. What goes through Rose's mind as she drives from California to Kentucky?
5. What did Rose think a sign from God would guide her to someday?
6. How is Son's character contrasted with Rose's character?
7. What place does driving a car have in Rose's life?
8. What does Rose learn about what happens to a girl once she has had her baby and how does this add to the shame overshadowing the home?
9. How does Son show that he is interested in Rose?
10. What is surprising about Beatrice's delivery and what lie do the girls tell Mother Corinne?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)