|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Son never ask Rose about?
(a) Her criminal record.
(b) Her dreams.
(c) Her career goals.
(d) Her past.
2. What do Rose and her roommate do before dinner?
(a) Take a walk.
(b) Write letters.
(c) Watch TV.
(d) Have tea on the porch.
3. Who takes the girl in #76 to the hospital?
(a) Mother Corinne.
(b) An ambulance.
(d) Sister Evangeline.
4. The girl in #76 delivers _____________.
(a) a boy.
(b) twin boys.
(c) twin girls.
(d) girl triplets.
5. What happens to the structure when the spring dries up?
(a) It is donated to the Catholic church.
(b) It is torn down.
(c) It is boarded up for good.
(d) It is made into a Howard Johnson's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose really enjoy after her marriage to Thomas?
2. Who runs the kitchen at St. Elizabeth's?
3. What does the girl in #76 refuse to do during labor?
4. Why did Son's parents not care for Cecilia?
5. How long may the girls shop before returning to the home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Son alter his tattoo to accommodate Rose's baby?
2. What goes through Rose's mind as she drives from California to Kentucky?
3. Where is Rose headed to and what drives her decision?
4. Who was the girl named Cecilia that Son got his tattoo for?
5. Why do Rose and Angie not think they will have to help Beatrice with her plan?
6. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose and Angie about their unborn babies?
7. What is the unspoken rule between Rose and Son?
8. What did Rose think a sign from God would guide her to someday?
9. How does the author show Rose's true selfish nature in this chapter?
10. Describe the amazing find on George Clatterbuck's property and how it saved his little daughter, June.
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)