|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Rose grow up?
(c) San Diego.
(d) Salt Lake City.
2. How does Rose think she will know if she should get married or become a nun?
(a) A psychic reader will tell her.
(b) Her mother will tell her what to do.
(c) God will give her a sign.
(d) Her guidance counselor will help her.
3. What did Son's friend, Sam, have put on his tattoo?
(a) Cecilia's name.
(b) His mother's name.
(c) A heart and roses.
(d) An eagle.
4. Why does Son eat dinner in the kitchen each night?
(a) To get away from all the dining room noise.
(b) To get leftovers.
(c) To be where it is warm.
(d) To be near Rose.
5. What is Sam's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sister Evangeline's special gift?
2. Where does Rose work?
3. What do the girls tell Mother Corinne about the births?
4. Who goes into labor right after the holidays?
5. How did Rose's father die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Rose's relationship with her mother?
2. What does Son reveal about his feelings for Rose?
3. Describe Rose and the role that religion plays in her life.
4. What does Rose decide to do after the trauma of Beatrice's experience?
5. What does it indicate that Rose sends a postcard to her mother?
6. How do Angie and Rose differ in their feelings about being pregnant?
7. What is surprising about Beatrice's delivery and what lie do the girls tell Mother Corinne?
8. What is the Hotel Louisa and how does it become a home for unwed mothers?
9. Describe the amazing find on George Clatterbuck's property and how it saved his little daughter, June.
10. What advice does Father O'Donnell give Rose when she learns she is pregnant?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)