|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Rose write on her baby's birth certificate?
2. Who takes care of Rose?
(a) Sister Evangeline.
(b) Mother Corinne.
(d) Sister Bernadette.
3. What did Rose's mother refuse to do during Rose's childhood?
(a) Drink alcohol.
(b) Play cards.
(c) Drive a car.
(d) Dye her hair.
4. What does Son have added to his tattoo?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A heart.
(c) The baby's birth date.
(d) An astrological sign.
5. How does Rose ease her physical ailment?
(a) She takes medication.
(b) She exercises.
(c) She drives.
(d) She lies down in a dark room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rose get the inspiration for the baby's name?
2. In what city does Rose grow up?
3. When did Cecilia say she would marry Son?
4. Rose has left her husband without telling him she __________________.
5. What happens to a girl after she delivers her baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose and Angie about their unborn babies?
2. Why does Rose feel so much anxiety being married to Thomas?
3. What role does June play in Rose's life?
4. What gifts does Son give Rose for Christmas?
5. Where is Rose headed to and what drives her decision?
6. Why does Rose feel guilty when her mother gets married soon after Rose is married?
7. How does Son alter his tattoo to accommodate Rose's baby?
8. What does Rose learn about what happens to a girl once she has had her baby and how does this add to the shame overshadowing the home?
9. What does Son reveal about his feelings for Rose?
10. What place does driving a car have in Rose's life?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)