|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Son give Rose for Christmas?
(a) A journal.
(c) A cookbook.
(d) A picture frame.
2. When did Cecilia say she would marry Son?
(a) When she turned 21.
(b) When he could afford a big ring.
(c) After the war was over.
(d) After he completed boot camp.
3. Why does Beatrice plan to have her babies at the home?
(a) So she will be among friends.
(b) So she can be in familiar surroundings.
(c) So she can have a midwife.
(d) So she can hold them on the way to Owensboro.
4. What does the girl in #76 refuse to do during labor?
(b) Make any noise.
5. What wish comes true for the girl in #76?
(a) She gets to keep her babies forever.
(b) She gets to hold her babies for the hour ride to the hospital.
(c) She gets to meet the couple who will adopt her babies.
(d) She gets to name her babies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rose get the inspiration for the baby's name?
2. What lie does Rose tell the supervisor at St. Elizabeth's?
3. What structure does Nelson build near the spring?
4. What physical ailment does Rose begin to experience after her wedding?
5. What happens to a girl after she delivers her baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What place does driving a car have in Rose's life?
2. What does Rose decide to do after the trauma of Beatrice's experience?
3. What is surprising about Beatrice's delivery and what lie do the girls tell Mother Corinne?
4. What goes through Rose's mind as she drives from California to Kentucky?
5. How does Rose show disregard for Son's feelings especially regarding the name Cecilia?
6. Why do Rose and Angie not think they will have to help Beatrice with her plan?
7. What did Rose think a sign from God would guide her to someday?
8. Why does Rose feel guilty when her mother gets married soon after Rose is married?
9. What is the painful emotional experience Angie and Rose experience with holding the newborn baby?
10. How is Rose different from the other girls living at St. Elizabeth's?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)