|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Beatrice plan to go through her labor?
(a) The hospital.
(b) A cabin.
(c) A friend's home.
(d) The hotel.
2. Rose has left her husband without telling him she __________________.
(a) wants a divorce.
(b) is pregnant.
(c) has had a breakdown.
(d) loves someone else.
3. Why did Son beat up Sam?
(a) He went out with his girlfriend.
(b) He insulted his mother.
(c) He got his girlfriend's name on his tattoo.
(d) He stole some money from him.
4. What physical ailment does Rose begin to experience after her wedding?
(a) Paralyzed legs.
(b) Heart palpitations.
(c) Migraine headaches.
(d) A heavy pain in her chest.
5. What is Sister Evangeline's special gift?
(a) She can compose songs.
(b) She can play the harp.
(c) She can talk to the unborn babies.
(d) She is psychic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rose's mother do after Rose got married?
2. To what place is Rose headed?
3. How long is the drive to Owensboro?
4. The girl in #76 delivers _____________.
5. What does Rose want to name her baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose and Angie about their unborn babies?
2. What place does driving a car have in Rose's life?
3. How does Son alter his tattoo to accommodate Rose's baby?
4. What is surprising about Beatrice's delivery and what lie do the girls tell Mother Corinne?
5. Where is Rose headed to and what drives her decision?
6. What job assignment does Rose get at the home and how does she work to improve it?
7. Why did Rose decide to marry Thomas Clinton?
8. How do Angie and Rose differ in their feelings about being pregnant?
9. Describe the amazing find on George Clatterbuck's property and how it saved his little daughter, June.
10. What does Rose decide to do after the trauma of Beatrice's experience?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)