|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lie does Rose tell the supervisor at St. Elizabeth's?
(a) Her husband is dead.
(b) She is a local girl.
(c) She is not Catholic.
(d) Her mother made her come.
2. What do Rose and her roommate do before dinner?
(a) Watch TV.
(b) Take a walk.
(c) Write letters.
(d) Have tea on the porch.
3. In what branch of the military did Son serve?
(a) Air Force.
4. What does Son have added to his tattoo?
(a) A heart.
(b) The baby's birth date.
(c) A cigar.
(d) An astrological sign.
5. What is the structure eventually named?
(a) St. Mary's.
(b) Howard Johnson's.
(c) Union Terminal.
(d) St. Elizabeth's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rose's husband's job?
2. What religion does Rose practice?
3. How does Angie's baby die?
4. What has Angie begun doing for her baby?
5. Who is George's little girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rose learn about what happens to a girl once she has had her baby and how does this add to the shame overshadowing the home?
2. Describe the amazing find on George Clatterbuck's property and how it saved his little daughter, June.
3. What advice does Father O'Donnell give Rose when she learns she is pregnant?
4. How does Rose show disregard for Son's feelings especially regarding the name Cecilia?
5. Why does Rose feel so much anxiety being married to Thomas?
6. What is the Hotel Louisa and how does it become a home for unwed mothers?
7. What role does June play in Rose's life?
8. What is the painful emotional experience Angie and Rose experience with holding the newborn baby?
9. What gifts does Son give Rose for Christmas?
10. Who was the girl named Cecilia that Son got his tattoo for?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)