|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What structure does Nelson build near the spring?
(a) A toll road.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A gift shop.
(d) A hospital.
2. Why does Beatrice plan to have her babies at the home?
(a) So she can have a midwife.
(b) So she can hold them on the way to Owensboro.
(c) So she will be among friends.
(d) So she can be in familiar surroundings.
3. What area of St. Elizabeth's has Rose taken over?
(c) Health Center.
4. How long may the girls shop before returning to the home?
(a) Four hours.
(b) An hour and a half.
(c) All day.
(d) Two hours.
5. What amazing thing happens on George Clatterbuck's farm?
(a) The horses begin to sing.
(b) The chickens lay golden eggs.
(c) The cows give chocolate milk.
(d) A healing spring bubbles up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the structure eventually named?
2. How was Son injured?
3. In what body part is Son wounded during guard duty?
4. What lie does Rose tell Angie after the birth of her baby?
5. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose about her baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the amazing find on George Clatterbuck's property and how it saved his little daughter, June.
2. What goal did Beatrice accomplish by having her babies at the home?
3. What place does driving a car have in Rose's life?
4. How is Rose different from the other girls living at St. Elizabeth's?
5. How does Rose show disregard for Son's feelings especially regarding the name Cecilia?
6. What gifts does Son give Rose for Christmas?
7. What is the painful emotional experience Angie and Rose experience with holding the newborn baby?
8. Where is Rose headed to and what drives her decision?
9. Why does Rose feel so much anxiety being married to Thomas?
10. What was Rose's relationship with her mother?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)