|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rose has left her husband without telling him she __________________.
(a) wants a divorce.
(b) is pregnant.
(c) loves someone else.
(d) has had a breakdown.
2. What does Rose really enjoy after her marriage to Thomas?
(a) Decorating her house.
(b) Going out to dinner.
(c) Driving a car.
(d) Having a card club.
3. What structure does Nelson build near the spring?
(a) A gift shop.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A toll road.
(d) A hotel.
4. Who does Rose summon when the girl in #76 is about to deliver her baby?
(a) Sister Regina.
(b) Mother Corinne.
(c) Sister Caroline Marie.
(d) Sister Evangeline.
5. Why does Son eat dinner in the kitchen each night?
(a) To be near Rose.
(b) To get away from all the dining room noise.
(c) To be where it is warm.
(d) To get leftovers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Rose when her father dies?
2. What amazing thing happens on George Clatterbuck's farm?
3. What name does Rose write on her baby's birth certificate?
4. What does Rose enjoy doing for hours when she is not working?
5. How does Rose think she will know if she should get married or become a nun?
Short Essay Questions
1. What circumstances prompt Rose's abrupt departure?
2. How is Son's character contrasted with Rose's character?
3. What job assignment does Rose get at the home and how does she work to improve it?
4. What perspective does Sissy take on people leaving after Thomas is gone?
5. What does Son keep the same at St. Elizabeth's even though with his inheritance, he now has the authority to change?
6. What was Rose's relationship with her mother?
7. Why is Son concerned about Rose and Sissy after Sissy's birth?
8. Why does it never occur to Sissy that Thomas could be her biological father?
9. Why does Rose feel so much anxiety being married to Thomas?
10. Who is Lorraine and how does Sissy meet her?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)