|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Son beat up Sam?
(a) He insulted his mother.
(b) He stole some money from him.
(c) He went out with his girlfriend.
(d) He got his girlfriend's name on his tattoo.
2. How does Rose think she will know if she should get married or become a nun?
(a) Her guidance counselor will help her.
(b) God will give her a sign.
(c) Her mother will tell her what to do.
(d) A psychic reader will tell her.
3. Why does Son eat dinner in the kitchen each night?
(a) To be where it is warm.
(b) To be near Rose.
(c) To get away from all the dining room noise.
(d) To get leftovers.
4. What name does Rose write on her baby's birth certificate?
5. How old is Rose when her father dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rose work?
2. What happens to the structure when the spring dries up?
3. In what city does Rose grow up?
4. Where is Rose Clinton headed when she leaves California?
5. What does Rose do when she learns of Beatrice's plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Son concerned about Rose and Sissy after Sissy's birth?
2. What does Rose do after the family moves into the farmhouse?
3. Why does Rose feel guilty when her mother gets married soon after Rose is married?
4. What does Son reveal about his feelings for Rose?
5. What labor and delivery plan does Beatrice divulge to Angie and Rose?
6. Why does Rose feel so much anxiety being married to Thomas?
7. How do Sissy and Son meet Thomas Clinton, Sissy's biological father?
8. What place does driving a car have in Rose's life?
9. How does Son show that he is interested in Rose?
10. Who finds June dead and what is the turnout for her funeral?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)