|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose really enjoy after her marriage to Thomas?
(a) Decorating her house.
(b) Driving a car.
(c) Having a card club.
(d) Going out to dinner.
2. Why did Son's parents not care for Cecilia?
(a) She was rude to them.
(b) She was white trash.
(c) She was not Catholic.
(d) She hurt Son too much.
3. What did Rose's mother refuse to do during Rose's childhood?
(a) Dye her hair.
(b) Drive a car.
(c) Drink alcohol.
(d) Play cards.
4. In what body part is Son wounded during guard duty?
5. Who is the groundskeeper for St. Elizabeth's?
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Rose tell the supervisor at St. Elizabeth's?
2. The doctor thought that the girl in #76 was going to have ______________.
3. What does Angie fantasize about?
4. Who of the following does NOT help the girl in #76 with her labor?
5. How does Rose feel about her mother at this point?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Son reveal about his feelings for Rose?
2. How does Rose show disregard for Son's feelings especially regarding the name Cecilia?
3. Why does Rose feel so much anxiety being married to Thomas?
4. Why did Rose decide to marry Thomas Clinton?
5. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose and Angie about their unborn babies?
6. What is the painful emotional experience Angie and Rose experience with holding the newborn baby?
7. What is surprising about Beatrice's delivery and what lie do the girls tell Mother Corinne?
8. What is the unspoken rule between Rose and Son?
9. What labor and delivery plan does Beatrice divulge to Angie and Rose?
10. Where is Rose headed to and what drives her decision?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)