|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rose's position on the baby?
(a) She does not want to get attached.
(b) She cannot wait to be rid of the baby.
(c) She doesn't know if she will keep the baby.
(d) She cannot wait to see the baby.
2. Who takes care of Rose?
(a) Mother Corinne.
(b) Sister Bernadette.
(d) Sister Evangeline.
3. What does Son give Rose for Christmas?
(a) A cookbook.
(c) A picture frame.
(d) A journal.
4. How does Rose ease her physical ailment?
(a) She takes medication.
(b) She exercises.
(c) She drives.
(d) She lies down in a dark room.
5. Who is George's little girl?
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Rose practice?
2. What makes Rose uncomfortable now?
3. Who befriends Rose after the groundskeeper introduces them?
4. Where is the hospital where the girls deliver their babies?
5. What chore is Rose assigned to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show Rose's true selfish nature in this chapter?
2. Why did Rose decide to marry Thomas Clinton?
3. What goes through Rose's mind as she drives from California to Kentucky?
4. What happens when Beatrice goes into labor after the holidays?
5. What place does driving a car have in Rose's life?
6. What was Rose's relationship with her mother?
7. What does it indicate that Rose sends a postcard to her mother?
8. What is the Hotel Louisa and how does it become a home for unwed mothers?
9. How does Rose show disregard for Son's feelings especially regarding the name Cecilia?
10. Why does Rose feel so much anxiety being married to Thomas?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)