|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the following does NOT help the girl in #76 with her labor?
2. What has Angie begun doing for her baby?
(a) Making a quilt.
(b) Picking out names.
(c) Writing poems.
(d) Crocheting clothes.
3. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose about her baby?
(a) She will have a boy.
(b) She will have a girl.
(c) She will have triplets.
(d) She will have twins.
4. How does Rose improve her work?
(a) She works extra hours.
(b) She takes a typing class.
(c) She studies cookbooks.
(d) She tutors children.
5. Who is Lewis Nelson's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes the girl in #76 to the hospital?
2. How long may the girls shop before returning to the home?
3. Where does Rose deliver the person in #35?
4. What was Rose's mother's job as Rose was growing up?
5. What does Rose really enjoy after her marriage to Thomas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Rose and Angie not think they will have to help Beatrice with her plan?
2. Who was the girl named Cecilia that Son got his tattoo for?
3. What does Son reveal about his feelings for Rose?
4. How is Rose different from the other girls living at St. Elizabeth's?
5. Describe Rose and the role that religion plays in her life.
6. What does Rose learn about what happens to a girl once she has had her baby and how does this add to the shame overshadowing the home?
7. What advice does Father O'Donnell give Rose when she learns she is pregnant?
8. Why does Rose feel guilty when her mother gets married soon after Rose is married?
9. Why did Rose decide to marry Thomas Clinton?
10. What does Rose decide to do after the trauma of Beatrice's experience?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)