|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the nuns used to deliver babies at the home?
(a) Sister Bernadette.
(b) Mother Corinne.
(c) Sister Mary Acquin.
(d) Sister Evangeline.
2. What does Rose send to her mother?
(a) A postcard.
(c) A letter.
(d) A magazine subscription.
3. What was Rose's mother's job as Rose was growing up?
(a) Makeup counter salesgirl.
4. Who does Rose visit when she learns she is pregnant?
(a) Her medical doctor.
(b) A family planning clinic.
(c) Fr. O'Donnell.
(d) Her mother.
5. Where does Beatrice plan to go through her labor?
(a) A friend's home.
(b) The hospital.
(c) A cabin.
(d) The hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Son eat dinner in the kitchen each night?
2. How does Rose feel about her mother at this point?
3. Of what disease is Nelson's wife cured after drinking the spring water?
4. Who takes the girl in #76 to the hospital?
5. Who is the hitchhiker Rose picks up in Oklahoma?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job assignment does Rose get at the home and how does she work to improve it?
2. Who was the girl named Cecilia that Son got his tattoo for?
3. Who is Son?
4. Why did Rose decide to marry Thomas Clinton?
5. How does Son alter his tattoo to accommodate Rose's baby?
6. What happens when Beatrice goes into labor after the holidays?
7. How do Angie and Rose differ in their feelings about being pregnant?
8. Describe the amazing find on George Clatterbuck's property and how it saved his little daughter, June.
9. Why does Rose feel guilty when her mother gets married soon after Rose is married?
10. Why does Rose feel so much anxiety being married to Thomas?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)