|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rose's mother do after Rose got married?
(a) She moved to New York.
(b) She lost a lot of weight.
(c) She bought a new house.
(d) She got remarried.
2. What does Son make for Rose?
(a) A cradle.
(b) A table.
(c) A chair.
(d) A rocker.
3. What wish comes true for the girl in #76?
(a) She gets to hold her babies for the hour ride to the hospital.
(b) She gets to name her babies.
(c) She gets to keep her babies forever.
(d) She gets to meet the couple who will adopt her babies.
4. Who is the hitchhiker Rose picks up in Oklahoma?
(a) A homeless man.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A minister.
(d) A young girl.
5. What does Son never ask Rose about?
(a) Her career goals.
(b) Her dreams.
(c) Her criminal record.
(d) Her past.
Short Answer Questions
1. The doctor thought that the girl in #76 was going to have ______________.
2. What does Son give Rose for Christmas?
3. What makes Rose uncomfortable now?
4. In what body part is Son wounded during guard duty?
5. How is Rose different from the other girls at St. Elizabeth's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the unspoken rule between Rose and Son?
2. What place does driving a car have in Rose's life?
3. Why does Rose feel guilty when her mother gets married soon after Rose is married?
4. What does it indicate that Rose sends a postcard to her mother?
5. How does Son alter his tattoo to accommodate Rose's baby?
6. What role does June play in Rose's life?
7. What labor and delivery plan does Beatrice divulge to Angie and Rose?
8. How is Son's character contrasted with Rose's character?
9. What goes through Rose's mind as she drives from California to Kentucky?
10. What was Rose's relationship with her mother?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)