|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Rose write on her baby's birth certificate?
2. What structure does Nelson build near the spring?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A toll road.
(d) A gift shop.
3. What makes Rose uncomfortable now?
(a) She is ashamed.
(b) Her belly has really expanded.
(c) She lied to her mother.
(d) She misses Thomas.
4. What is Rose's husband's job?
(a) Math teacher.
5. How long may the girls shop before returning to the home?
(a) All day.
(b) An hour and a half.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Four hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rose's mother's job as Rose was growing up?
2. The girl in #76 delivers _____________.
3. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose about her baby?
4. What makes Rose decide to leave her home?
5. What is the reaction of the woman at the gas station when Rose asks about St. Elizabeth's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who finds June dead and what is the turnout for her funeral?
2. How does Son's girlfriend, Cecilia, die, and why does he feel such guilt about it?
3. What goes through Rose's mind as she drives from California to Kentucky?
4. Describe the amazing find on George Clatterbuck's property and how it saved his little daughter, June.
5. What was Rose's relationship with her mother?
6. Why does Rose feel guilty when her mother gets married soon after Rose is married?
7. What did Rose think a sign from God would guide her to someday?
8. What role does June play in Rose's life?
9. How have the driving lessons provides some hope for a better relationship between Sissy and Rose?
10. Why is Son concerned about Rose and Sissy after Sissy's birth?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)