|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the drive to Owensboro?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) Two hours.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) One hour.
2. How did Rose's father die?
(b) Car accident.
(d) Industrial accident.
3. Who does Rose summon when the girl in #76 is about to deliver her baby?
(a) Mother Corinne.
(b) Sister Regina.
(c) Sister Caroline Marie.
(d) Sister Evangeline.
4. Who is Lewis Nelson?
(a) A wealthy horse breeder.
(b) An attorney.
(c) A local veterinarian.
(d) A cardiologist.
5. How does Rose improve her work?
(a) She works extra hours.
(b) She takes a typing class.
(c) She studies cookbooks.
(d) She tutors children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Rose uncomfortable now?
2. What does Rose want to name her baby?
3. What does Rose never ask Son about?
4. Who does Rose marry?
5. Who is the hitchhiker Rose picks up in Oklahoma?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rose feel guilty when her mother gets married soon after Rose is married?
2. What job assignment does Rose get at the home and how does she work to improve it?
3. What happens when Beatrice goes into labor after the holidays?
4. What is the painful emotional experience Angie and Rose experience with holding the newborn baby?
5. How do Angie and Rose differ in their feelings about being pregnant?
6. What role does June play in Rose's life?
7. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose and Angie about their unborn babies?
8. Where is Rose headed to and what drives her decision?
9. How is Rose different from the other girls living at St. Elizabeth's?
10. Who was the girl named Cecilia that Son got his tattoo for?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)