|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Rose different from the other girls at St. Elizabeth's?
(a) She is married.
(b) She is a college student.
(c) She is white.
(d) She is twice their age.
2. What does Rose do when she learns of Beatrice's plan?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Wishes her well.
(c) Reports her.
(d) Offers to help.
3. Where is the hospital where the girls deliver their babies?
4. What is Sam's last name?
5. Who is Lewis Nelson's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is George's little girl?
2. What has Angie begun doing for her baby?
3. What is the name of the place where Rose is headed?
4. What does Rose enjoy doing for hours when she is not working?
5. What chore is Rose assigned to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Son alter his tattoo to accommodate Rose's baby?
2. How do Angie and Rose differ in their feelings about being pregnant?
3. What is the Hotel Louisa and how does it become a home for unwed mothers?
4. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose and Angie about their unborn babies?
5. What is the unspoken rule between Rose and Son?
6. What advice does Father O'Donnell give Rose when she learns she is pregnant?
7. How does Son show that he is interested in Rose?
8. Describe the amazing find on George Clatterbuck's property and how it saved his little daughter, June.
9. What is the painful emotional experience Angie and Rose experience with holding the newborn baby?
10. What does Rose learn about what happens to a girl once she has had her baby and how does this add to the shame overshadowing the home?
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)