|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the place where Rose is headed?
(a) Rose Haven Hotel.
(b) Bayside Bed & Breakfast.
(c) St. Elizabeth's.
(d) Belle Haven Hospital.
2. What did Rose's mother do after Rose got married?
(a) She got remarried.
(b) She moved to New York.
(c) She bought a new house.
(d) She lost a lot of weight.
3. What is Rose's demeanor toward Son?
4. What does the girl in #76 refuse to do during labor?
(a) Make any noise.
5. How does Rose ease her physical ailment?
(a) She lies down in a dark room.
(b) She drives.
(c) She takes medication.
(d) She exercises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes many of the girls especially homesick?
2. What is Rose's position on the baby?
3. In what body part is Son wounded during guard duty?
4. What do the St. Vincent de Paul Society women do for the girls?
5. What do Rose and her roommate do before dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose and Angie about their unborn babies?
2. What is the unspoken rule between Rose and Son?
3. What is the painful emotional experience Angie and Rose experience with holding the newborn baby?
4. How is Rose different from the other girls living at St. Elizabeth's?
5. What does it indicate that Rose sends a postcard to her mother?
6. What happens when Beatrice goes into labor after the holidays?
7. What is the Hotel Louisa and how does it become a home for unwed mothers?
8. What did Rose think a sign from God would guide her to someday?
9. Why do Rose and Angie not think they will have to help Beatrice with her plan?
10. What is surprising about Beatrice's delivery and what lie do the girls tell Mother Corinne?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)