|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Son learn about June's estate?
(a) She has left all the land and buildings to Son.
(b) She died broke.
(c) She was a former nun.
(d) She was his mother.
2. Why does Son not think Sissy should stay with June all day?
(a) June is getting senile.
(b) She should be with Rose.
(c) June doesn't have a car.
(d) June's house isn't baby-proofed.
3. What kind of parent is Rose?
(c) Very hands-on.
4. Who arrives at St. Elizabeth's a week after Rose leaves?
(a) Thomas Clinton.
(b) Rose's mother.
5. Sissy reads a letter from a pen pal located in what country?
6. Which of the girls at the home takes a special liking to Sissy?
7. How does Sissy compare to the girls in the home?
(a) She just turned 21.
(b) She is about 10.
(c) She is entering puberty.
(d) She is the age of many of the girls in the home.
8. How is Sissy different from the girls in the home?
(a) She has no experience with sex.
(b) She was raised here.
(c) She does not have to attend Mass.
(d) She goes to public school.
9. At dinner, Thomas answers all of Sissy's questions about __________.
(b) His job.
(c) His vacation.
(d) Her grandmother.
10. Why is Mother Corinne angry when Son, Rose and Sissy move into the farmhouse?
(a) She thought it would belong to the church.
(b) She has never liked Rose.
(c) She hoped to open another home for unwed mothers there.
(d) She wants them to move away.
11. How many stitches does Son get in his head?
(a) About 10.
(c) More than 50.
(d) 100 or so.
12. Who attends June's funeral service?
(a) The entire town.
(b) Just the nuns.
(c) No one.
(d) Just the girls at the home.
13. Angie comes to visit with her new baby named _____________.
14. What is wrong with Son as he walks up onto the porch?
(a) He is limping badly.
(b) He is bleeding from a head wound.
(c) He is staggering.
(d) He is unable to speak.
15. What does Sissy begin to notice as she grows older?
(a) Her mother is very affectionate toward her father.
(b) She is the only redhead at the home.
(c) The girls at the home disappear after their babies are born.
(d) There are never any boys around the home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas tell Sissy?
2. Son tells Sissy that he and Thomas talked about ______________ while on the back porch.
3. What does Sissy suspect that Son is trying to hide from Thomas?
4. What does the girl in #137 ask Sissy?
5. How old is Sissy in this chapter?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)