|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of parent is Rose?
(c) Very hands-on.
2. What does Son learn about June's estate?
(a) She died broke.
(b) She has left all the land and buildings to Son.
(c) She was a former nun.
(d) She was his mother.
3. How much does Mother Corinne pay Rose to work in the kitchen?
(a) $100 week.
(b) $2 day.
(c) $5 day.
4. Where does Thomas spend the night?
(a) The girls' home.
(b) The farmhouse.
(c) Rose's house.
(d) A hotel.
5. Who attends June's funeral service?
(a) The entire town.
(b) Just the girls at the home.
(c) Just the nuns.
(d) No one.
6. Who takes care of Cecilia during the day?
7. Why does Son not think Sissy should stay with June all day?
(a) June is getting senile.
(b) She should be with Rose.
(c) June's house isn't baby-proofed.
(d) June doesn't have a car.
8. Why did Cecilia not want to marry Son?
(a) He was abusive.
(b) He didn't have much money.
(c) He was going bald.
(d) He was injured accidentally.
9. How had Thomas traced Rose?
(a) From credit card receipts.
(b) From phone bills.
(c) From a private investigator.
(d) From postmarks on postcards.
10. Who does Sissy think will become the next cook at St. Elizabeth's?
(b) Alice Ann.
11. How does Sissy compare to the girls in the home?
(a) She is about 10.
(b) She just turned 21.
(c) She is entering puberty.
(d) She is the age of many of the girls in the home.
12. How does Son convince Rose to stay at the farmhouse?
(a) He says the kitchen in nicer.
(b) He does not convince her.
(c) He says she can get a puppy.
(d) He says Sissy really likes it.
13. What does Son realize about Rose?
(a) She is a leaver.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) She is very smart.
(d) She loves him very much.
14. Angie comes to visit with her new baby named _____________.
15. What advice does Sissy give the girl waiting to see Mother Corinne?
(a) Ask for office duty.
(b) Don't tell the nuns anything personal.
(c) Be sure to act like you're sick.
(d) Don't tell her the father of the baby has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sissy's middle name?
2. How did Son's girlfriend, Cecilia, die?
3. At dinner, Thomas answers all of Sissy's questions about __________.
4. Where is Rose the morning after she receives the letter?
5. Sissy comes home from school one day and sees a girl ________________ in front of St. Elizabeth's.
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)