|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many stitches does Son get in his head?
(a) 100 or so.
(c) More than 50.
(d) About 10.
2. Who arrives at St. Elizabeth's a week after Rose leaves?
(a) Thomas Clinton.
(d) Rose's mother.
3. Where does Rose go after spending only one night in the farmhouse?
(a) The bed & breakfast.
(b) The convent.
(c) The hotel.
(d) The groundskeeper's cottage.
4. What is the car that Rose drove all the way from California?
(a) Ford Mustang.
(b) Chevy Vega.
(c) Dodge Duster.
(d) Chrysler Impala.
5. What advice does Sissy give the girl waiting to see Mother Corinne?
(a) Don't tell her the father of the baby has died.
(b) Be sure to act like you're sick.
(c) Don't tell the nuns anything personal.
(d) Ask for office duty.
6. What does Son say to Sissy before he passes out?
(c) Call for help.
(d) Help me.
7. What feeling does Sissy have as Thomas leaves?
8. How does Sissy feel about the relationship with her mother?
9. Where do Sissy and Lorraine go to swim?
(a) The country club.
(b) A pond.
(c) The river.
(d) A city pool.
10. What kind of parent is Rose?
(d) Very hands-on.
11. What does Sissy wrap around Son's head?
(a) Bath towel.
12. Who does Son dream about on the first night spent in the farmhouse?
(b) His ex-girlfriend, Cecilia.
(d) His mother.
13. Who helps Sissy get Son to the hospital?
(b) Mother Corinne.
(c) Alice Ann.
14. How old is Sissy in this chapter?
15. What does Rose leave for Sissy at the farmhouse?
(a) Bubble bath.
(c) A skirt.
(d) A hot meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Son tells Sissy not to tell Thomas ______________.
2. How had Thomas traced Rose?
3. Which of the girls at the home takes a special liking to Sissy?
4. What does Rose reply when Sissy asked her why she moved out of the farmhouse?
5. Who takes care of Cecilia during the day?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)