|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose reply when Sissy asked her why she moved out of the farmhouse?
(a) There were too many creepy noises.
(b) It was much too drafty.
(c) It was too big to clean.
(d) She wanted to leave and that was the only way she could stay.
2. Where do Sissy and Lorraine go to swim?
(a) The river.
(b) The country club.
(c) A city pool.
(d) A pond.
3. Who waits with the person in #122 until the funeral director arrives?
4. Who arrives at St. Elizabeth's a week after Rose leaves?
(a) Thomas Clinton.
(b) Rose's mother.
5. What does Son learn about June's estate?
(a) She was a former nun.
(b) She has left all the land and buildings to Son.
(c) She was his mother.
(d) She died broke.
6. What is the car that Rose drove all the way from California?
(a) Ford Mustang.
(b) Chevy Vega.
(c) Dodge Duster.
(d) Chrysler Impala.
7. What news does the person in #164 have for Rose?
(a) He wants a divorce.
(b) She had another baby.
(c) She got married.
(d) Rose's mother has died.
8. What is Sissy's middle name?
9. Sissy comes home from school one day and sees a girl ________________ in front of St. Elizabeth's.
(a) eating an apple.
(d) reading the sign.
10. What is the name of the girl waiting to see Mother Corinne?
11. What does Son say to Sissy before he passes out?
(a) Call for help.
(b) Help me.
12. Who helps Sissy get Son to the hospital?
(c) Mother Corinne.
(d) Alice Ann.
13. Why does Son get angry at Sissy for going to the river?
(a) It was too cold.
(b) There was no adult nearby.
(c) It was too isolated.
(d) It was too high.
14. Who does Sissy think will become the next cook at St. Elizabeth's?
(a) Alice Ann.
15. How does Sissy compare to the girls in the home?
(a) She is the age of many of the girls in the home.
(b) She just turned 21.
(c) She is about 10.
(d) She is entering puberty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject does Lorraine like to talk to Sissy about?
2. How much does Mother Corinne pay Rose to work in the kitchen?
3. How does Sissy feel about the relationship with her mother?
4. What do Son and Thomas drink after dinner?
5. Who attends June's funeral service?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)