|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Son get angry at Sissy for going to the river?
(a) It was too high.
(b) It was too isolated.
(c) It was too cold.
(d) There was no adult nearby.
2. Who finds June dead in her house?
(b) Sister Evangeline.
(c) Mother Corinne.
3. Angie comes to visit with her new baby named _____________.
4. What has Sissy grown tired of?
(a) Saying goodbye to people.
(b) Washing dishes.
(c) Walking to school.
(d) Doing her homework.
5. What does Son realize about Rose?
(a) She is depressed.
(b) She is very smart.
(c) She is a leaver.
(d) She loves him very much.
6. Why is Son afraid to meet Thomas Clinton?
(a) He might say that Rose is dead.
(b) He may take Sissy away.
(c) He may beat him up for marrying Rose.
(d) He thinks Rose still loves Thomas.
7. Why did Son feel so guilty about Cecilia's death?
(a) She was too young to die.
(b) He said he loved her but he didn't.
(c) They had a fight just before she died.
(d) He should have saved her.
8. What does Rose reply when Sissy asked her why she moved out of the farmhouse?
(a) It was too big to clean.
(b) She wanted to leave and that was the only way she could stay.
(c) It was much too drafty.
(d) There were too many creepy noises.
9. Where do Sissy and Lorraine go to swim?
(a) A pond.
(b) The river.
(c) The country club.
(d) A city pool.
10. Where does Rose go after spending only one night in the farmhouse?
(a) The convent.
(b) The groundskeeper's cottage.
(c) The bed & breakfast.
(d) The hotel.
11. Sissy comes home from school one day and sees a girl ________________ in front of St. Elizabeth's.
(a) reading the sign.
(d) eating an apple.
12. How did Son's girlfriend, Cecilia, die?
(a) She was in a car accident.
(b) She drowned.
(c) She got leukemia.
(d) She was shot.
13. How is Sissy different from the girls in the home?
(a) She does not have to attend Mass.
(b) She has no experience with sex.
(c) She goes to public school.
(d) She was raised here.
14. During a driving lesson Rose tells Sissy about __________________.
(a) her grandmother.
(b) the hitchhiker she picked up.
(c) her real father.
(d) her grandfather.
15. Why did Cecilia not want to marry Son?
(a) He didn't have much money.
(b) He was going bald.
(c) He was abusive.
(d) He was injured accidentally.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Son convince Rose to stay at the farmhouse?
2. What subject does Lorraine like to talk to Sissy about?
3. What news does the person in #164 have for Rose?
4. Who calls Son after June's funeral?
5. How had Thomas traced Rose?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)