|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Son convince Rose to stay at the farmhouse?
(a) He says she can get a puppy.
(b) He says the kitchen in nicer.
(c) He says Sissy really likes it.
(d) He does not convince her.
2. Who waits with the person in #122 until the funeral director arrives?
3. What nickname does Son call Cecilia?
(c) Doll face.
(d) Sweet cheeks.
4. Why did Son feel so guilty about Cecilia's death?
(a) She was too young to die.
(b) He should have saved her.
(c) They had a fight just before she died.
(d) He said he loved her but he didn't.
5. Why does Rose cancel a driving lesson with Sissy?
(a) It started to sleet.
(b) She got a disturbing letter.
(c) It got too late.
(d) She got a migraine.
6. How does Lorraine attempt to cheer up Sissy?
(a) She buys her a sweater.
(b) She highlights her hair.
(c) She takes her to a movie.
(d) She bakes her a cake.
7. How does Sissy feel about the relationship with her mother?
8. Why does Son not think Sissy should stay with June all day?
(a) She should be with Rose.
(b) June's house isn't baby-proofed.
(c) June doesn't have a car.
(d) June is getting senile.
9. What does Thomas offer to send to Sissy?
(a) Old letters.
(c) A diary.
10. What does Sissy wrap around Son's head?
(a) Bath towel.
11. What does Son learn about June's estate?
(a) She has left all the land and buildings to Son.
(b) She died broke.
(c) She was a former nun.
(d) She was his mother.
12. Who does Son dream about on the first night spent in the farmhouse?
(a) His mother.
(b) His ex-girlfriend, Cecilia.
13. What do Son and Thomas drink after dinner?
14. Where does Thomas spend the night?
(a) The farmhouse.
(b) The girls' home.
(c) A hotel.
(d) Rose's house.
15. How is Sissy different from the girls in the home?
(a) She does not have to attend Mass.
(b) She was raised here.
(c) She goes to public school.
(d) She has no experience with sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sissy's middle name?
2. How do the people in Habit view the Catholics?
3. What news does the person in #164 have for Rose?
4. Why is Rose angry when she arrives at the hospital?
5. What does Rose offer to do for Sissy?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)