|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At dinner, Thomas answers all of Sissy's questions about __________.
(a) His job.
(b) Her grandmother.
(d) His vacation.
2. What does Sissy suspect that Son is trying to hide from Thomas?
(a) That her parents had to get married.
(b) That Son wants a divorce.
(c) That Sissy is pregnant.
(d) That Rose is a bad mother.
3. Who arrives at St. Elizabeth's a week after Rose leaves?
(c) Rose's mother.
(d) Thomas Clinton.
4. Where does Thomas spend the night?
(a) Rose's house.
(b) A hotel.
(c) The farmhouse.
(d) The girls' home.
5. How is Sissy different from the girls in the home?
(a) She goes to public school.
(b) She was raised here.
(c) She does not have to attend Mass.
(d) She has no experience with sex.
6. What does Thomas offer to send to Sissy?
(b) Old letters.
(c) A diary.
7. Sissy comes home from school one day and sees a girl ________________ in front of St. Elizabeth's.
(b) eating an apple.
(d) reading the sign.
8. How old is Sissy in this chapter?
9. Who helps Sissy get Son to the hospital?
(c) Alice Ann.
(d) Mother Corinne.
10. What do Son and Thomas drink after dinner?
11. What does Rose leave for Sissy at the farmhouse?
(a) A hot meal.
(b) A skirt.
(c) Bubble bath.
12. What subject does Lorraine like to talk to Sissy about?
(c) Baby names.
(d) Baby clothes.
13. How does Lorraine attempt to cheer up Sissy?
(a) She bakes her a cake.
(b) She buys her a sweater.
(c) She highlights her hair.
(d) She takes her to a movie.
14. Son tells Sissy that he and Thomas talked about ______________ while on the back porch.
15. What nickname does Son call Cecilia?
(a) Sweet cheeks.
(c) Doll face.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sissy feel about the relationship with her mother?
2. What does Rose tell Sissy happened to Sissy's real father?
3. How many stitches does Son get in his head?
4. How did the person in #122 discover that June was dead?
5. Who finds June dead in her house?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)