|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Sissy different from the girls in the home?
(a) She was raised here.
(b) She goes to public school.
(c) She has no experience with sex.
(d) She does not have to attend Mass.
2. How had Thomas traced Rose?
(a) From a private investigator.
(b) From phone bills.
(c) From credit card receipts.
(d) From postmarks on postcards.
3. Why did Cecilia not want to marry Son?
(a) He was injured accidentally.
(b) He didn't have much money.
(c) He was abusive.
(d) He was going bald.
4. Who finds June dead in her house?
(b) Mother Corinne.
(d) Sister Evangeline.
5. Who waits with the person in #122 until the funeral director arrives?
6. Why is Mother Corinne angry when Son, Rose and Sissy move into the farmhouse?
(a) She thought it would belong to the church.
(b) She has never liked Rose.
(c) She hoped to open another home for unwed mothers there.
(d) She wants them to move away.
7. What does Son learn about June's estate?
(a) She died broke.
(b) She has left all the land and buildings to Son.
(c) She was his mother.
(d) She was a former nun.
8. Where does Rose open up and talk to Sissy?
(a) In the car.
(b) In a coffee shop.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the grocery.
9. How do the people in Habit view the Catholics?
(a) They respect them.
(b) They hate them.
(c) They mistrust them.
(d) They revere them.
10. What does Son realize about Rose?
(a) She is depressed.
(b) She is very smart.
(c) She loves him very much.
(d) She is a leaver.
11. Why did Son feel so guilty about Cecilia's death?
(a) He said he loved her but he didn't.
(b) He should have saved her.
(c) She was too young to die.
(d) They had a fight just before she died.
12. What has Sissy grown tired of?
(a) Doing her homework.
(b) Saying goodbye to people.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Walking to school.
13. How old is Son in this chapter?
14. What does Sissy suspect that Son is trying to hide from Thomas?
(a) That her parents had to get married.
(b) That Sissy is pregnant.
(c) That Son wants a divorce.
(d) That Rose is a bad mother.
15. What does Sissy begin to notice as she grows older?
(a) Her mother is very affectionate toward her father.
(b) The girls at the home disappear after their babies are born.
(c) There are never any boys around the home.
(d) She is the only redhead at the home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes care of Cecilia during the day?
2. What nickname does Son call Cecilia?
3. Where do Sissy and Lorraine go to swim?
4. Sissy reads a letter from a pen pal located in what country?
5. At dinner, Thomas answers all of Sissy's questions about __________.
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)