|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose reply when Sissy asked her why she moved out of the farmhouse?
(a) There were too many creepy noises.
(b) It was much too drafty.
(c) She wanted to leave and that was the only way she could stay.
(d) It was too big to clean.
2. How does Sissy feel about the relationship with her mother?
3. What does Thomas show Sissy the next morning?
(a) Pictures of Rose.
(b) Vacation pictures.
(c) His new car.
(d) A travel map.
4. Where does Rose open up and talk to Sissy?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the grocery.
(c) In a coffee shop.
(d) In the car.
5. Why does Rose cancel a driving lesson with Sissy?
(a) It started to sleet.
(b) She got a disturbing letter.
(c) She got a migraine.
(d) It got too late.
6. Why did Cecilia not want to marry Son?
(a) He didn't have much money.
(b) He was injured accidentally.
(c) He was abusive.
(d) He was going bald.
7. Where is Rose the morning after she receives the letter?
(a) She is gone.
(b) She is at the grocery.
(c) She is at church.
(d) She is in bed.
8. What is wrong with Son as he walks up onto the porch?
(a) He is unable to speak.
(b) He is bleeding from a head wound.
(c) He is limping badly.
(d) He is staggering.
9. What news does the person in #164 have for Rose?
(a) Rose's mother has died.
(b) He wants a divorce.
(c) She got married.
(d) She had another baby.
10. Who does Sissy think will become the next cook at St. Elizabeth's?
(a) Alice Ann.
11. During a driving lesson Rose tells Sissy about __________________.
(a) her grandmother.
(b) the hitchhiker she picked up.
(c) her real father.
(d) her grandfather.
12. How does Sissy compare to the girls in the home?
(a) She is about 10.
(b) She is entering puberty.
(c) She just turned 21.
(d) She is the age of many of the girls in the home.
13. Sissy comes home from school one day and sees a girl ________________ in front of St. Elizabeth's.
(a) reading the sign.
(c) eating an apple.
14. Which of the girls at the home takes a special liking to Sissy?
15. Who does Son dream about on the first night spent in the farmhouse?
(b) His mother.
(d) His ex-girlfriend, Cecilia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Son afraid to meet Thomas Clinton?
2. What is the name of the girl waiting to see Mother Corinne?
3. What is Sissy's middle name?
4. Who arrives at St. Elizabeth's a week after Rose leaves?
5. Sissy reads a letter from a pen pal located in what country?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)