|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Sissy in this chapter?
2. Who attends June's funeral service?
(a) Just the nuns.
(b) Just the girls at the home.
(c) The entire town.
(d) No one.
3. What does Rose reply when Sissy asked her why she moved out of the farmhouse?
(a) It was too big to clean.
(b) It was much too drafty.
(c) There were too many creepy noises.
(d) She wanted to leave and that was the only way she could stay.
4. What do Son and Thomas drink after dinner?
5. What does Son say to Sissy before he passes out?
(c) Call for help.
(d) Help me.
6. What is wrong with Son as he walks up onto the porch?
(a) He is unable to speak.
(b) He is bleeding from a head wound.
(c) He is limping badly.
(d) He is staggering.
7. Who takes care of Cecilia during the day?
8. Why does Rose cancel a driving lesson with Sissy?
(a) She got a disturbing letter.
(b) It started to sleet.
(c) It got too late.
(d) She got a migraine.
9. Who does Sissy think will become the next cook at St. Elizabeth's?
(d) Alice Ann.
10. How do the people in Habit view the Catholics?
(a) They respect them.
(b) They hate them.
(c) They revere them.
(d) They mistrust them.
11. What does Son learn about June's estate?
(a) She was a former nun.
(b) She was his mother.
(c) She died broke.
(d) She has left all the land and buildings to Son.
12. What does Thomas show Sissy the next morning?
(a) Vacation pictures.
(b) Pictures of Rose.
(c) His new car.
(d) A travel map.
13. Son tells Sissy not to tell Thomas ______________.
(a) where the legal papers are.
(b) how old she is.
(c) where the safe is.
(d) where her mother is.
14. What advice does Sissy give the girl waiting to see Mother Corinne?
(a) Be sure to act like you're sick.
(b) Don't tell her the father of the baby has died.
(c) Don't tell the nuns anything personal.
(d) Ask for office duty.
15. What does Rose leave for Sissy at the farmhouse?
(a) Bubble bath.
(b) A skirt.
(d) A hot meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sissy's middle name?
2. What does Rose tell Sissy happened to Sissy's real father?
3. During a driving lesson Rose tells Sissy about __________________.
4. Which of the girls at the home takes a special liking to Sissy?
5. What does Thomas offer to send to Sissy?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)