|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Thomas spend the night?
(a) The farmhouse.
(b) Rose's house.
(c) A hotel.
(d) The girls' home.
2. Why did Cecilia not want to marry Son?
(a) He was going bald.
(b) He didn't have much money.
(c) He was abusive.
(d) He was injured accidentally.
3. Who arrives at St. Elizabeth's a week after Rose leaves?
(b) Rose's mother.
(c) Thomas Clinton.
4. Who waits with the person in #122 until the funeral director arrives?
5. What does Rose tell Sissy happened to Sissy's real father?
(a) He was killed in a car accident.
(b) He died from leukemia.
(c) He was in an industrial accident.
(d) He was a one-night stand.
6. How did Son's girlfriend, Cecilia, die?
(a) She drowned.
(b) She was shot.
(c) She was in a car accident.
(d) She got leukemia.
7. What is wrong with Son as he walks up onto the porch?
(a) He is unable to speak.
(b) He is limping badly.
(c) He is bleeding from a head wound.
(d) He is staggering.
8. Who takes care of Cecilia during the day?
9. How old is Sissy in this chapter?
10. During a driving lesson Rose tells Sissy about __________________.
(a) her real father.
(b) her grandfather.
(c) her grandmother.
(d) the hitchhiker she picked up.
11. Who does Son dream about on the first night spent in the farmhouse?
(a) His mother.
(d) His ex-girlfriend, Cecilia.
12. Why did Son feel so guilty about Cecilia's death?
(a) He said he loved her but he didn't.
(b) He should have saved her.
(c) She was too young to die.
(d) They had a fight just before she died.
13. What does Rose reply when Sissy asked her why she moved out of the farmhouse?
(a) There were too many creepy noises.
(b) It was too big to clean.
(c) It was much too drafty.
(d) She wanted to leave and that was the only way she could stay.
14. What nickname does Son call Cecilia?
(b) Doll face.
(d) Sweet cheeks.
15. Sissy comes home from school one day and sees a girl ________________ in front of St. Elizabeth's.
(b) eating an apple.
(c) reading the sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sissy wrap around Son's head?
2. What does Thomas leave with Sissy before he goes?
3. How does Sissy feel about the relationship with her mother?
4. How does Son convince Rose to stay at the farmhouse?
5. How do the people in Habit view the Catholics?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)