|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose offer to do for Sissy?
(a) Teach her to sew.
(b) Buy her a prom dress.
(c) Give her a perm.
(d) Give her driving lessons.
2. Who helps Sissy get Son to the hospital?
(a) Mother Corinne.
(b) Alice Ann.
3. How does Sissy compare to the girls in the home?
(a) She just turned 21.
(b) She is entering puberty.
(c) She is about 10.
(d) She is the age of many of the girls in the home.
4. Why is Mother Corinne angry when Son, Rose and Sissy move into the farmhouse?
(a) She thought it would belong to the church.
(b) She has never liked Rose.
(c) She wants them to move away.
(d) She hoped to open another home for unwed mothers there.
5. Why does Son get angry at Sissy for going to the river?
(a) It was too isolated.
(b) There was no adult nearby.
(c) It was too cold.
(d) It was too high.
6. What does Rose leave for Sissy at the farmhouse?
(a) A skirt.
(b) Bubble bath.
(d) A hot meal.
7. What does Thomas show Sissy the next morning?
(a) His new car.
(b) Pictures of Rose.
(c) Vacation pictures.
(d) A travel map.
8. Why does Rose cancel a driving lesson with Sissy?
(a) She got a disturbing letter.
(b) She got a migraine.
(c) It got too late.
(d) It started to sleet.
9. At dinner, Thomas answers all of Sissy's questions about __________.
(b) His job.
(c) His vacation.
(d) Her grandmother.
10. What is the name of the girl waiting to see Mother Corinne?
11. Sissy reads a letter from a pen pal located in what country?
12. What does Son say to Sissy before he passes out?
(a) Call for help.
(c) Help me.
13. Why does Son not think Sissy should stay with June all day?
(a) June's house isn't baby-proofed.
(b) June is getting senile.
(c) She should be with Rose.
(d) June doesn't have a car.
14. How do the people in Habit view the Catholics?
(a) They hate them.
(b) They revere them.
(c) They respect them.
(d) They mistrust them.
15. Why is Son afraid to meet Thomas Clinton?
(a) He may take Sissy away.
(b) He may beat him up for marrying Rose.
(c) He thinks Rose still loves Thomas.
(d) He might say that Rose is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sissy and Lorraine go to swim?
2. Who does Son dream about on the first night spent in the farmhouse?
3. Who does Sissy think will become the next cook at St. Elizabeth's?
4. What does Thomas leave with Sissy before he goes?
5. Where does Rose open up and talk to Sissy?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)