|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sissy compare to the girls in the home?
(a) She is entering puberty.
(b) She just turned 21.
(c) She is about 10.
(d) She is the age of many of the girls in the home.
2. What does Rose reply when Sissy asked her why she moved out of the farmhouse?
(a) It was too big to clean.
(b) It was much too drafty.
(c) There were too many creepy noises.
(d) She wanted to leave and that was the only way she could stay.
3. What does Thomas offer to send to Sissy?
(a) A diary.
(c) Old letters.
4. Who helps Sissy get Son to the hospital?
(b) Alice Ann.
(c) Mother Corinne.
5. What advice does Sissy give the girl waiting to see Mother Corinne?
(a) Don't tell the nuns anything personal.
(b) Don't tell her the father of the baby has died.
(c) Ask for office duty.
(d) Be sure to act like you're sick.
6. Son tells Sissy not to tell Thomas ______________.
(a) how old she is.
(b) where the safe is.
(c) where her mother is.
(d) where the legal papers are.
7. Where is Rose the morning after she receives the letter?
(a) She is in bed.
(b) She is at church.
(c) She is gone.
(d) She is at the grocery.
8. How many stitches does Son get in his head?
(a) About 10.
(b) 100 or so.
(c) More than 50.
9. How does Sissy feel about the relationship with her mother?
10. Who attends June's funeral service?
(a) No one.
(b) Just the nuns.
(c) The entire town.
(d) Just the girls at the home.
11. Why does Son get angry at Sissy for going to the river?
(a) It was too high.
(b) It was too cold.
(c) It was too isolated.
(d) There was no adult nearby.
12. How old is Son in this chapter?
13. During a driving lesson Rose tells Sissy about __________________.
(a) the hitchhiker she picked up.
(b) her real father.
(c) her grandfather.
(d) her grandmother.
14. Where does Thomas spend the night?
(a) A hotel.
(b) The farmhouse.
(c) The girls' home.
(d) Rose's house.
15. Why does Son not think Sissy should stay with June all day?
(a) June's house isn't baby-proofed.
(b) June is getting senile.
(c) She should be with Rose.
(d) June doesn't have a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rose cancel a driving lesson with Sissy?
2. What does Rose leave for Sissy at the farmhouse?
3. What does Son learn about June's estate?
4. What nickname does Son call Cecilia?
5. How much does Mother Corinne pay Rose to work in the kitchen?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)