|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas tell Sissy?
(a) She looks just like Rose.
(b) He wants to take her to California.
(c) He was once married to Rose.
(d) He is Rose's brother.
2. Who arrives at St. Elizabeth's a week after Rose leaves?
(c) Rose's mother.
(d) Thomas Clinton.
3. What does Thomas show Sissy the next morning?
(a) A travel map.
(b) His new car.
(c) Vacation pictures.
(d) Pictures of Rose.
4. Where does Rose open up and talk to Sissy?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the grocery.
(c) In the car.
(d) In a coffee shop.
5. How much does Mother Corinne pay Rose to work in the kitchen?
(a) $2 day.
(c) $100 week.
(d) $5 day.
6. During a driving lesson Rose tells Sissy about __________________.
(a) her grandfather.
(b) her real father.
(c) her grandmother.
(d) the hitchhiker she picked up.
7. How does Sissy feel about the relationship with her mother?
8. What does the girl in #137 ask Sissy?
(a) Who adopted her baby.
(b) What her name is.
(c) What excuse she gave the nuns.
(d) Where she came from.
9. Angie comes to visit with her new baby named _____________.
10. What does Son realize about Rose?
(a) She is a leaver.
(b) She is very smart.
(c) She loves him very much.
(d) She is depressed.
11. What is Sissy's middle name?
12. What does Rose tell Sissy happened to Sissy's real father?
(a) He was in an industrial accident.
(b) He was a one-night stand.
(c) He was killed in a car accident.
(d) He died from leukemia.
13. How did Son's girlfriend, Cecilia, die?
(a) She was shot.
(b) She drowned.
(c) She got leukemia.
(d) She was in a car accident.
14. What does Son learn about June's estate?
(a) She has left all the land and buildings to Son.
(b) She was his mother.
(c) She died broke.
(d) She was a former nun.
15. How many stitches does Son get in his head?
(a) 100 or so.
(b) About 10.
(c) More than 50.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Son after June's funeral?
2. What does Rose offer to do for Sissy?
3. What advice does Sissy give the girl waiting to see Mother Corinne?
4. Who finds June dead in her house?
5. At dinner, Thomas answers all of Sissy's questions about __________.
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)