|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sissy begin to notice as she grows older?
(a) There are never any boys around the home.
(b) Her mother is very affectionate toward her father.
(c) The girls at the home disappear after their babies are born.
(d) She is the only redhead at the home.
2. What does Rose offer to do for Sissy?
(a) Buy her a prom dress.
(b) Give her driving lessons.
(c) Teach her to sew.
(d) Give her a perm.
3. Why is Son afraid to meet Thomas Clinton?
(a) He thinks Rose still loves Thomas.
(b) He may beat him up for marrying Rose.
(c) He might say that Rose is dead.
(d) He may take Sissy away.
4. What does Rose reply when Sissy asked her why she moved out of the farmhouse?
(a) It was much too drafty.
(b) She wanted to leave and that was the only way she could stay.
(c) It was too big to clean.
(d) There were too many creepy noises.
5. What is the name of the girl waiting to see Mother Corinne?
6. What does Sissy wrap around Son's head?
(d) Bath towel.
7. At dinner, Thomas answers all of Sissy's questions about __________.
(a) Her grandmother.
(c) His vacation.
(d) His job.
8. What kind of parent is Rose?
(a) Very hands-on.
9. How does Lorraine attempt to cheer up Sissy?
(a) She takes her to a movie.
(b) She highlights her hair.
(c) She buys her a sweater.
(d) She bakes her a cake.
10. What is Sissy's middle name?
11. Who waits with the person in #122 until the funeral director arrives?
12. What does Thomas tell Sissy?
(a) He wants to take her to California.
(b) He is Rose's brother.
(c) She looks just like Rose.
(d) He was once married to Rose.
13. Where does Rose open up and talk to Sissy?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the car.
(c) In a coffee shop.
(d) In the grocery.
14. Who attends June's funeral service?
(a) Just the nuns.
(b) Just the girls at the home.
(c) The entire town.
(d) No one.
15. How old is Son in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Sissy give the girl waiting to see Mother Corinne?
2. Who calls Son after June's funeral?
3. How old is Sissy in this chapter?
4. Sissy reads a letter from a pen pal located in what country?
5. What has Sissy grown tired of?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)