|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At dinner, Thomas answers all of Sissy's questions about __________.
(a) His job.
(b) Her grandmother.
(d) His vacation.
2. Where does Thomas spend the night?
(a) The farmhouse.
(b) Rose's house.
(c) The girls' home.
(d) A hotel.
3. What is the car that Rose drove all the way from California?
(a) Chrysler Impala.
(b) Chevy Vega.
(c) Dodge Duster.
(d) Ford Mustang.
4. Who arrives at St. Elizabeth's a week after Rose leaves?
(a) Rose's mother.
(c) Thomas Clinton.
5. Who attends June's funeral service?
(a) Just the girls at the home.
(b) The entire town.
(c) No one.
(d) Just the nuns.
6. How many days after Cecilia's birth does Rose return to her kitchen job?
7. How does Son convince Rose to stay at the farmhouse?
(a) He does not convince her.
(b) He says Sissy really likes it.
(c) He says the kitchen in nicer.
(d) He says she can get a puppy.
8. What feeling does Sissy have as Thomas leaves?
9. What does Son say to Sissy before he passes out?
(c) Help me.
(d) Call for help.
10. How had Thomas traced Rose?
(a) From phone bills.
(b) From a private investigator.
(c) From postmarks on postcards.
(d) From credit card receipts.
11. What news does the person in #164 have for Rose?
(a) She had another baby.
(b) She got married.
(c) He wants a divorce.
(d) Rose's mother has died.
12. What does Sissy begin to notice as she grows older?
(a) There are never any boys around the home.
(b) The girls at the home disappear after their babies are born.
(c) Her mother is very affectionate toward her father.
(d) She is the only redhead at the home.
13. Who calls Son after June's funeral?
(a) June's lawyer.
(b) Rose's husband.
(c) Fr. Dumminger.
(d) Mother Corinne.
14. Sissy reads a letter from a pen pal located in what country?
15. Who helps Sissy get Son to the hospital?
(a) Mother Corinne.
(c) Alice Ann.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people in Habit view the Catholics?
2. How does Lorraine attempt to cheer up Sissy?
3. How did Son's girlfriend, Cecilia, die?
4. Son tells Sissy that he and Thomas talked about ______________ while on the back porch.
5. What advice does Sissy give the girl waiting to see Mother Corinne?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)