|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes care of Cecilia during the day?
2. What feeling does Sissy have as Thomas leaves?
3. Why does Son not think Sissy should stay with June all day?
(a) June's house isn't baby-proofed.
(b) June is getting senile.
(c) She should be with Rose.
(d) June doesn't have a car.
4. What subject does Lorraine like to talk to Sissy about?
(a) Baby names.
(d) Baby clothes.
5. What kind of parent is Rose?
(b) Very hands-on.
6. What nickname does Son call Cecilia?
(a) Sweet cheeks.
(d) Doll face.
7. How had Thomas traced Rose?
(a) From postmarks on postcards.
(b) From phone bills.
(c) From a private investigator.
(d) From credit card receipts.
8. Who calls Son after June's funeral?
(a) Mother Corinne.
(b) Rose's husband.
(c) Fr. Dumminger.
(d) June's lawyer.
9. What does the girl in #137 ask Sissy?
(a) What excuse she gave the nuns.
(b) Where she came from.
(c) What her name is.
(d) Who adopted her baby.
10. What is wrong with Son as he walks up onto the porch?
(a) He is unable to speak.
(b) He is bleeding from a head wound.
(c) He is limping badly.
(d) He is staggering.
11. Who helps Sissy get Son to the hospital?
(c) Mother Corinne.
(d) Alice Ann.
12. What does Sissy wrap around Son's head?
(c) Bath towel.
13. How does Lorraine attempt to cheer up Sissy?
(a) She takes her to a movie.
(b) She highlights her hair.
(c) She bakes her a cake.
(d) She buys her a sweater.
14. What is Sissy's middle name?
15. What does Son say to Sissy before he passes out?
(a) Call for help.
(d) Help me.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Sissy in this chapter?
2. How old is Sissy now?
3. Why does Son get angry at Sissy for going to the river?
4. How did Son's girlfriend, Cecilia, die?
5. How much does Mother Corinne pay Rose to work in the kitchen?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)