|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sissy's middle name?
2. What does Rose offer to do for Sissy?
(a) Buy her a prom dress.
(b) Give her a perm.
(c) Teach her to sew.
(d) Give her driving lessons.
3. Who finds June dead in her house?
(a) Mother Corinne.
(b) Sister Evangeline.
4. Why is Mother Corinne angry when Son, Rose and Sissy move into the farmhouse?
(a) She thought it would belong to the church.
(b) She has never liked Rose.
(c) She wants them to move away.
(d) She hoped to open another home for unwed mothers there.
5. What does Sissy suspect that Son is trying to hide from Thomas?
(a) That her parents had to get married.
(b) That Rose is a bad mother.
(c) That Sissy is pregnant.
(d) That Son wants a divorce.
6. What subject does Lorraine like to talk to Sissy about?
(b) Baby clothes.
(d) Baby names.
7. How much does Mother Corinne pay Rose to work in the kitchen?
(a) $5 day.
(b) $2 day.
(c) $100 week.
8. Who calls Son after June's funeral?
(a) Fr. Dumminger.
(b) Rose's husband.
(c) June's lawyer.
(d) Mother Corinne.
9. Who takes care of Cecilia during the day?
10. Why does Son not think Sissy should stay with June all day?
(a) June is getting senile.
(b) June doesn't have a car.
(c) June's house isn't baby-proofed.
(d) She should be with Rose.
11. Where does Thomas spend the night?
(a) A hotel.
(b) Rose's house.
(c) The farmhouse.
(d) The girls' home.
12. What has Sissy grown tired of?
(a) Walking to school.
(b) Saying goodbye to people.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Doing her homework.
13. What does Thomas tell Sissy?
(a) He wants to take her to California.
(b) He was once married to Rose.
(c) He is Rose's brother.
(d) She looks just like Rose.
14. Why does Rose cancel a driving lesson with Sissy?
(a) She got a disturbing letter.
(b) It started to sleet.
(c) It got too late.
(d) She got a migraine.
15. Who helps Sissy get Son to the hospital?
(c) Mother Corinne.
(d) Alice Ann.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attends June's funeral service?
2. What is wrong with Son as he walks up onto the porch?
3. Which of the girls at the home takes a special liking to Sissy?
4. How old is Sissy in this chapter?
5. Sissy comes home from school one day and sees a girl ________________ in front of St. Elizabeth's.
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)