|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rose go after spending only one night in the farmhouse?
(a) The hotel.
(b) The bed & breakfast.
(c) The convent.
(d) The groundskeeper's cottage.
2. How old is Son in this chapter?
3. What is the name of the girl waiting to see Mother Corinne?
4. Why does Son get angry at Sissy for going to the river?
(a) It was too isolated.
(b) It was too cold.
(c) There was no adult nearby.
(d) It was too high.
5. How many stitches does Son get in his head?
(b) 100 or so.
(c) About 10.
(d) More than 50.
6. How does Son convince Rose to stay at the farmhouse?
(a) He says the kitchen in nicer.
(b) He says Sissy really likes it.
(c) He does not convince her.
(d) He says she can get a puppy.
7. Son tells Sissy that he and Thomas talked about ______________ while on the back porch.
8. What does Thomas tell Sissy?
(a) He was once married to Rose.
(b) He is Rose's brother.
(c) He wants to take her to California.
(d) She looks just like Rose.
9. What nickname does Son call Cecilia?
(c) Sweet cheeks.
(d) Doll face.
10. What does Son learn about June's estate?
(a) She was his mother.
(b) She has left all the land and buildings to Son.
(c) She died broke.
(d) She was a former nun.
11. What does Son say to Sissy before he passes out?
(b) Call for help.
(d) Help me.
12. What does Rose tell Sissy happened to Sissy's real father?
(a) He was killed in a car accident.
(b) He was a one-night stand.
(c) He died from leukemia.
(d) He was in an industrial accident.
13. What does Sissy wrap around Son's head?
(a) Bath towel.
14. How is Sissy different from the girls in the home?
(a) She goes to public school.
(b) She has no experience with sex.
(c) She does not have to attend Mass.
(d) She was raised here.
15. Why is Mother Corinne angry when Son, Rose and Sissy move into the farmhouse?
(a) She hoped to open another home for unwed mothers there.
(b) She wants them to move away.
(c) She has never liked Rose.
(d) She thought it would belong to the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rose the morning after she receives the letter?
2. What does Thomas leave with Sissy before he goes?
3. Who takes care of Cecilia during the day?
4. Sissy comes home from school one day and sees a girl ________________ in front of St. Elizabeth's.
5. How did Son's girlfriend, Cecilia, die?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)