|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who runs the kitchen at St. Elizabeth's?
(a) Sister Regina.
(b) Sister Evangeline.
(c) Sister Mary Acquin.
(d) Sister Caroline Marie.
2. What does Rose enjoy doing for hours when she is not working?
(c) Watching movies.
3. Why does Son eat dinner in the kitchen each night?
(a) To be where it is warm.
(b) To get leftovers.
(c) To get away from all the dining room noise.
(d) To be near Rose.
4. What does Rose really enjoy after her marriage to Thomas?
(a) Going out to dinner.
(b) Driving a car.
(c) Decorating her house.
(d) Having a card club.
5. What does Son never ask Rose about?
(a) Her criminal record.
(b) Her dreams.
(c) Her career goals.
(d) Her past.
6. Why did Son beat up Sam?
(a) He stole some money from him.
(b) He insulted his mother.
(c) He got his girlfriend's name on his tattoo.
(d) He went out with his girlfriend.
7. What do the St. Vincent de Paul Society women do for the girls?
(a) Give them toiletries.
(b) Host a reception after mass.
(c) Give them bus fare home.
(d) Buy them maternity clothes.
8. What is the structure eventually named?
(a) St. Elizabeth's.
(b) Union Terminal.
(c) Howard Johnson's.
(d) St. Mary's.
9. What does Rose want to name her baby?
10. Why did Son's parents not care for Cecilia?
(a) She was rude to them.
(b) She was white trash.
(c) She hurt Son too much.
(d) She was not Catholic.
11. Who is Lewis Nelson?
(a) An attorney.
(b) A cardiologist.
(c) A local veterinarian.
(d) A wealthy horse breeder.
12. Who does Rose summon when the girl in #76 is about to deliver her baby?
(a) Sister Regina.
(b) Mother Corinne.
(c) Sister Caroline Marie.
(d) Sister Evangeline.
13. What emotionally wounds Rose and Angie one day?
(a) Having to write letters to their unborn babies.
(b) Being forced to hold a newborn child.
(c) Mother Corinne reprimanding them.
(d) People calling them names.
14. What does Rose tell Son?
(a) She does not want to give up her baby.
(b) She is married.
(c) She wants to go home.
(d) She hates being pregnant.
15. What name does Rose write on her baby's birth certificate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose about her baby?
2. Who does Rose visit when she learns she is pregnant?
3. Who is George's little girl?
4. What has Angie begun doing for her baby?
5. What is Sister Evangeline's special gift?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)