|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a girl after she delivers her baby?
(a) She has a going away party.
(b) She is sent home.
(c) She comes back to get her things.
(d) She gets a baby shower.
2. How much time has passed since the last chapter?
(a) Several months.
(b) One month.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
3. Who does Rose visit when she learns she is pregnant?
(a) Her medical doctor.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A family planning clinic.
(d) Fr. O'Donnell.
4. Who is the groundskeeper for St. Elizabeth's?
5. What does Son have added to his tattoo?
(a) A heart.
(b) A cigar.
(c) An astrological sign.
(d) The baby's birth date.
6. The girl in #76 delivers _____________.
(a) a boy.
(b) twin girls.
(c) twin boys.
(d) girl triplets.
7. How does Rose ease her physical ailment?
(a) She drives.
(b) She takes medication.
(c) She lies down in a dark room.
(d) She exercises.
8. Rose has left her husband without telling him she __________________.
(a) is pregnant.
(b) has had a breakdown.
(c) loves someone else.
(d) wants a divorce.
9. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose about her baby?
(a) She will have twins.
(b) She will have triplets.
(c) She will have a girl.
(d) She will have a boy.
10. What has Angie begun doing for her baby?
(a) Crocheting clothes.
(b) Picking out names.
(c) Making a quilt.
(d) Writing poems.
11. Why does Beatrice plan to have her babies at the home?
(a) So she will be among friends.
(b) So she can be in familiar surroundings.
(c) So she can have a midwife.
(d) So she can hold them on the way to Owensboro.
12. What are Son's feelings about being married to Rose?
13. The doctor thought that the girl in #76 was going to have ______________.
(c) one large baby.
14. How is Rose different from the other girls at St. Elizabeth's?
(a) She is a college student.
(b) She is white.
(c) She is twice their age.
(d) She is married.
15. What do Rose and her roommate do before dinner?
(a) Take a walk.
(b) Write letters.
(c) Watch TV.
(d) Have tea on the porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Angie's baby die?
2. What does Rose never ask Son about?
3. What does Rose tell Son?
4. Where does Rose deliver the person in #35?
5. What do Rose and Son do?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)