|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rose's husband's job?
(b) Math teacher.
2. What is Rose's position on the baby?
(a) She cannot wait to see the baby.
(b) She cannot wait to be rid of the baby.
(c) She doesn't know if she will keep the baby.
(d) She does not want to get attached.
3. Who is the groundskeeper for St. Elizabeth's?
4. What religion does Rose practice?
5. From what state does Rose call her mother?
(b) New Mexico.
6. What did Rose's mother refuse to do during Rose's childhood?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Drink alcohol.
(c) Drive a car.
(d) Dye her hair.
7. Who goes into labor right after the holidays?
8. What makes Rose uncomfortable now?
(a) Her belly has really expanded.
(b) She misses Thomas.
(c) She is ashamed.
(d) She lied to her mother.
9. What name does Rose write on her baby's birth certificate?
10. Who of the following does NOT help the girl in #76 with her labor?
11. How long may the girls shop before returning to the home?
(a) An hour and a half.
(b) Two hours.
(c) All day.
(d) Four hours.
12. Who is Lewis Nelson?
(a) A local veterinarian.
(b) A wealthy horse breeder.
(c) An attorney.
(d) A cardiologist.
13. Where do the girls have to attend church once a month?
14. When did Cecilia say she would marry Son?
(a) After the war was over.
(b) After he completed boot camp.
(c) When he could afford a big ring.
(d) When she turned 21.
15. Who does Rose marry?
(a) Thomas Clinton.
(b) Alex Morton.
(c) Toby Cochran.
(d) Mark Jacobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has passed since the last chapter?
2. Why does Rose refuse to drive in the city in #21?
3. The doctor thought that the girl in #76 was going to have ______________.
4. What structure does Nelson build near the spring?
5. What lie does Rose tell the supervisor at St. Elizabeth's?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)