|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what state does Rose call her mother?
(a) New Mexico.
2. What is Rose's husband's job?
(a) Math teacher.
3. What structure does Nelson build near the spring?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A toll road.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A gift shop.
4. What makes many of the girls especially homesick?
(a) The beginning of the new school year.
(b) The Christmas holidays.
(d) Summer vacation.
5. Where does Rose refuse to go while driving a car?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Diego.
(d) San Francisco.
6. Where is Rose Clinton headed when she leaves California?
(b) West Virginia.
7. Who is Beatrice's roommate?
8. In what body part is Son wounded during guard duty?
9. Who befriends Rose after the groundskeeper introduces them?
(a) Mildred Lane.
(b) Lee Cline.
(c) June Clatterbuck.
(d) Wanda Hunt.
10. What does Son make for Rose?
(a) A chair.
(b) A rocker.
(c) A cradle.
(d) A table.
11. How does Rose think she will know if she should get married or become a nun?
(a) Her mother will tell her what to do.
(b) God will give her a sign.
(c) Her guidance counselor will help her.
(d) A psychic reader will tell her.
12. Where does Beatrice plan to go through her labor?
(a) The hotel.
(b) A friend's home.
(c) A cabin.
(d) The hospital.
13. What does Son give Rose for Christmas?
(a) A journal.
(b) A picture frame.
(c) A cookbook.
14. Who does Rose marry?
(a) Thomas Clinton.
(b) Alex Morton.
(c) Mark Jacobs.
(d) Toby Cochran.
15. What happens to a girl after she delivers her baby?
(a) She gets a baby shower.
(b) She has a going away party.
(c) She is sent home.
(d) She comes back to get her things.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Angie's baby die?
2. Where is the hospital where the girls deliver their babies?
3. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose about her baby?
4. What do the St. Vincent de Paul Society women do for the girls?
5. Where does Rose work?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)