|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angie tells Rose that the father of Angie's baby is __________________.
(a) a stranger.
(b) a business owner with whom she had an affair.
(c) her ex-boyfriend.
(d) her own father.
2. How does Rose feel about her mother at this point?
(a) She never thinks about her.
(b) She resents her new husband.
(c) She hates her.
(d) She really misses her.
3. What makes many of the girls especially homesick?
(a) The beginning of the new school year.
(b) The Christmas holidays.
(c) Summer vacation.
4. Who is Beatrice's roommate?
5. What is the structure eventually named?
(a) Union Terminal.
(b) St. Elizabeth's.
(c) St. Mary's.
(d) Howard Johnson's.
6. What does Son have added to his tattoo?
(a) The baby's birth date.
(b) A cigar.
(c) An astrological sign.
(d) A heart.
7. How did Rose's father die?
(b) Car accident.
(d) Industrial accident.
8. Where does Rose deliver the person in #35?
(a) His parents' home.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A mission.
(d) A church.
9. When did Cecilia say she would marry Son?
(a) When she turned 21.
(b) After the war was over.
(c) After he completed boot camp.
(d) When he could afford a big ring.
10. What lie does Rose tell the supervisor at St. Elizabeth's?
(a) She is not Catholic.
(b) Her husband is dead.
(c) She is a local girl.
(d) Her mother made her come.
11. What does Son make for Rose?
(a) A cradle.
(b) A chair.
(c) A table.
(d) A rocker.
12. How much time has passed since the last chapter?
(a) One month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Several months.
(d) Six weeks.
13. How long may the girls shop before returning to the home?
(a) An hour and a half.
(b) Four hours.
(c) All day.
(d) Two hours.
14. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose about her baby?
(a) She will have triplets.
(b) She will have a boy.
(c) She will have a girl.
(d) She will have twins.
15. What did Son's friend, Sam, have put on his tattoo?
(a) An eagle.
(b) Cecilia's name.
(c) His mother's name.
(d) A heart and roses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What area of St. Elizabeth's has Rose taken over?
2. Who takes care of Rose?
3. How is Rose different from the other girls at St. Elizabeth's?
4. What happens to a girl after she delivers her baby?
5. What is Rose's demeanor toward Son?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)