|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person Rose meets at St. Elizabeth's?
(a) Fr. Wilson.
(b) Sister Bernadette.
(c) Sister Caroline.
(d) Brother Marcus.
2. Who is George's little girl?
3. What name does Rose write on her baby's birth certificate?
4. What religion does Rose practice?
5. How long may the girls shop before returning to the home?
(a) Two hours.
(b) An hour and a half.
(c) Four hours.
(d) All day.
6. How does Rose feel about her mother at this point?
(a) She never thinks about her.
(b) She really misses her.
(c) She hates her.
(d) She resents her new husband.
7. How does Rose think she will know if she should get married or become a nun?
(a) Her guidance counselor will help her.
(b) A psychic reader will tell her.
(c) God will give her a sign.
(d) Her mother will tell her what to do.
8. What is Rose's position on the baby?
(a) She doesn't know if she will keep the baby.
(b) She does not want to get attached.
(c) She cannot wait to see the baby.
(d) She cannot wait to be rid of the baby.
9. How much time has passed since the last chapter?
(a) One month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Several months.
(d) Six weeks.
10. What did Rose's mother refuse to do during Rose's childhood?
(a) Drink alcohol.
(b) Dye her hair.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Drive a car.
11. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose about her baby?
(a) She will have triplets.
(b) She will have a boy.
(c) She will have twins.
(d) She will have a girl.
12. What do the girls tell Mother Corinne about the births?
(a) One baby died.
(b) There was not enough time to go to the hospital.
(c) The baby was deprived of oxygen.
(d) The babies are stillborn.
13. What does Son give Rose for Christmas?
(a) A picture frame.
(b) A journal.
(d) A cookbook.
14. What is the reaction of the woman at the gas station when Rose asks about St. Elizabeth's?
15. In what city does Rose grow up?
(c) San Diego.
(d) Salt Lake City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Rose decide to leave her home?
2. Who is the groundskeeper for St. Elizabeth's?
3. Who is the supervisor of St. Elizabeth's?
4. What is Rose's demeanor toward Son?
5. Who is Beatrice's roommate?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)