|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person Rose meets at St. Elizabeth's?
(a) Sister Caroline.
(b) Fr. Wilson.
(c) Sister Bernadette.
(d) Brother Marcus.
2. How long may the girls shop before returning to the home?
(a) An hour and a half.
(b) All day.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Two hours.
3. Who is the supervisor of St. Elizabeth's?
(a) Mother Catherine.
(b) Mother Beatrice.
(c) Mother Aquinas.
(d) Mother Corinne.
4. Where is Rose Clinton headed when she leaves California?
(c) West Virginia.
5. What information does Rose want from the person in #27?
(a) How painful delivery will be.
(b) Where to get an abortion.
(c) What to expect during the pregnancy.
(d) Where to go to have her baby.
6. What is the name of the town where Rose is going?
7. What does Son make for Rose?
(a) A table.
(b) A chair.
(c) A cradle.
(d) A rocker.
8. What did Rose's mother do after Rose got married?
(a) She bought a new house.
(b) She moved to New York.
(c) She lost a lot of weight.
(d) She got remarried.
9. Who takes the girl in #76 to the hospital?
(a) Sister Evangeline.
(b) An ambulance.
(c) Mother Corinne.
10. What do the girls tell Mother Corinne about the births?
(a) The babies are stillborn.
(b) One baby died.
(c) The baby was deprived of oxygen.
(d) There was not enough time to go to the hospital.
11. What is the reaction of the woman at the gas station when Rose asks about St. Elizabeth's?
12. How did Rose's father die?
(b) Car accident.
(d) Industrial accident.
13. What do Rose and her roommate do before dinner?
(a) Take a walk.
(b) Have tea on the porch.
(c) Write letters.
(d) Watch TV.
14. Why did Son's parents not care for Cecilia?
(a) She was not Catholic.
(b) She was rude to them.
(c) She hurt Son too much.
(d) She was white trash.
15. What does Rose never ask Son about?
(a) His previous marriage.
(b) The girl in his tattoo.
(c) His family.
(d) His income.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rose improve her work?
2. What area of St. Elizabeth's has Rose taken over?
3. Rose has left her husband without telling him she __________________.
4. What makes Rose uncomfortable now?
5. What do the St. Vincent de Paul Society women do for the girls?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)