|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Rose's father die?
(b) Car accident.
(d) Industrial accident.
2. What makes Rose uncomfortable now?
(a) Her belly has really expanded.
(b) She misses Thomas.
(c) She lied to her mother.
(d) She is ashamed.
3. How much time has passed since the last chapter?
(a) Several months.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
4. What is Rose's husband's job?
(c) Math teacher.
5. Who is the groundskeeper for St. Elizabeth's?
6. In what body part is Son wounded during guard duty?
7. What is the name of the town where Rose is going?
8. What do the girls tell Mother Corinne about the births?
(a) The baby was deprived of oxygen.
(b) There was not enough time to go to the hospital.
(c) One baby died.
(d) The babies are stillborn.
9. What is the structure eventually named?
(a) Howard Johnson's.
(b) St. Elizabeth's.
(c) St. Mary's.
(d) Union Terminal.
10. What does Rose do after the girl in #76 leaves?
(a) She walks in the cold.
(b) She calls her mother.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She cries.
11. What does Son give Rose for Christmas?
(a) A cookbook.
(c) A picture frame.
(d) A journal.
12. What did Rose's mother refuse to do during Rose's childhood?
(a) Drive a car.
(b) Play cards.
(c) Drink alcohol.
(d) Dye her hair.
13. Where is the hospital where the girls deliver their babies?
14. Who is the first person Rose meets at St. Elizabeth's?
(a) Fr. Wilson.
(b) Sister Caroline.
(c) Brother Marcus.
(d) Sister Bernadette.
15. What religion does Rose practice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rose and her roommate do before dinner?
2. Who takes the girl in #76 to the hospital?
3. What is Sam's last name?
4. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose about her baby?
5. What is Rose's demeanor toward Son?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)