|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose enjoy doing for hours when she is not working?
(c) Watching movies.
2. Who does Rose visit when she learns she is pregnant?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her medical doctor.
(c) Fr. O'Donnell.
(d) A family planning clinic.
3. What does Rose do when she learns of Beatrice's plan?
(a) Reports her.
(b) Offers to help.
(c) Ignores her.
(d) Wishes her well.
4. Who befriends Rose after the groundskeeper introduces them?
(a) Mildred Lane.
(b) Lee Cline.
(c) Wanda Hunt.
(d) June Clatterbuck.
5. Angie tells Rose that the father of Angie's baby is __________________.
(a) a stranger.
(b) her own father.
(c) her ex-boyfriend.
(d) a business owner with whom she had an affair.
6. In what body part is Son wounded during guard duty?
7. Why did Son's parents not care for Cecilia?
(a) She was rude to them.
(b) She hurt Son too much.
(c) She was white trash.
(d) She was not Catholic.
8. Who is the first person Rose meets at St. Elizabeth's?
(a) Sister Bernadette.
(b) Brother Marcus.
(c) Sister Caroline.
(d) Fr. Wilson.
9. Where does Rose work?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A temp agency.
(c) A school.
(d) A retail store.
10. What was Rose's mother's job as Rose was growing up?
(d) Makeup counter salesgirl.
11. What does Son give Rose for Christmas?
(a) A journal.
(b) A cookbook.
(c) A picture frame.
12. What happens to a girl after she delivers her baby?
(a) She comes back to get her things.
(b) She has a going away party.
(c) She is sent home.
(d) She gets a baby shower.
13. What does Angie fantasize about?
(a) The people who will adopt her baby.
(b) What her baby will become.
(c) Taking her baby home.
(d) Names for her baby.
14. What do the girls tell Mother Corinne about the births?
(a) The baby was deprived of oxygen.
(b) The babies are stillborn.
(c) There was not enough time to go to the hospital.
(d) One baby died.
15. What happens to the structure when the spring dries up?
(a) It is torn down.
(b) It is donated to the Catholic church.
(c) It is made into a Howard Johnson's.
(d) It is boarded up for good.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the girls have to attend church once a month?
2. How does Rose feel about her mother at this point?
3. What does the girl in #76 refuse to do during labor?
4. What makes Rose uncomfortable now?
5. What is Sister Evangeline's special gift?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)