|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose about her baby?
(a) She will have triplets.
(b) She will have a girl.
(c) She will have twins.
(d) She will have a boy.
2. How old is Rose when her father dies?
3. What does Son have added to his tattoo?
(a) The baby's birth date.
(b) A heart.
(c) A cigar.
(d) An astrological sign.
4. What is Rose's husband's job?
(a) Math teacher.
5. Why does Beatrice plan to have her babies at the home?
(a) So she can have a midwife.
(b) So she can be in familiar surroundings.
(c) So she can hold them on the way to Owensboro.
(d) So she will be among friends.
6. What is Rose's position on the baby?
(a) She doesn't know if she will keep the baby.
(b) She cannot wait to see the baby.
(c) She does not want to get attached.
(d) She cannot wait to be rid of the baby.
7. Who is Beatrice's roommate?
8. What is Sister Evangeline's special gift?
(a) She can compose songs.
(b) She is psychic.
(c) She can talk to the unborn babies.
(d) She can play the harp.
9. How long is the drive to Owensboro?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) One hour.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) Two hours.
10. What is the reaction of the woman at the gas station when Rose asks about St. Elizabeth's?
11. What does Son give Rose for Christmas?
(b) A journal.
(c) A cookbook.
(d) A picture frame.
12. Where is the hospital where the girls deliver their babies?
13. What do Rose and Son do?
(a) Move to Maine.
(b) Get married.
(c) Rob a bank.
14. In what branch of the military did Son serve?
(d) Air Force.
15. How does Rose feel about her mother at this point?
(a) She hates her.
(b) She really misses her.
(c) She never thinks about her.
(d) She resents her new husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long may the girls shop before returning to the home?
2. What do Rose and her roommate do before dinner?
3. What does Son never ask Rose about?
4. Who is the hitchhiker Rose picks up in Oklahoma?
5. What structure does Nelson build near the spring?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)