|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rose visit when she learns she is pregnant?
(a) Her medical doctor.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A family planning clinic.
(d) Fr. O'Donnell.
2. Where does Rose work?
(a) A temp agency.
(b) A retail store.
(c) A school.
(d) A hospital.
3. The girl in #76 delivers _____________.
(a) a boy.
(b) twin girls.
(c) girl triplets.
(d) twin boys.
4. What is the structure eventually named?
(a) Union Terminal.
(b) St. Mary's.
(c) St. Elizabeth's.
(d) Howard Johnson's.
5. Who runs the kitchen at St. Elizabeth's?
(a) Sister Mary Acquin.
(b) Sister Regina.
(c) Sister Evangeline.
(d) Sister Caroline Marie.
6. What did Rose's mother refuse to do during Rose's childhood?
(a) Drink alcohol.
(b) Drive a car.
(c) Dye her hair.
(d) Play cards.
7. What does Son make for Rose?
(a) A chair.
(b) A cradle.
(c) A rocker.
(d) A table.
8. What physical ailment does Rose begin to experience after her wedding?
(a) Paralyzed legs.
(b) A heavy pain in her chest.
(c) Migraine headaches.
(d) Heart palpitations.
9. Which one of the nuns used to deliver babies at the home?
(a) Mother Corinne.
(b) Sister Bernadette.
(c) Sister Evangeline.
(d) Sister Mary Acquin.
10. When did Cecilia say she would marry Son?
(a) When she turned 21.
(b) After he completed boot camp.
(c) After the war was over.
(d) When he could afford a big ring.
11. What is the reaction of the woman at the gas station when Rose asks about St. Elizabeth's?
12. What wish comes true for the girl in #76?
(a) She gets to hold her babies for the hour ride to the hospital.
(b) She gets to name her babies.
(c) She gets to meet the couple who will adopt her babies.
(d) She gets to keep her babies forever.
13. What is Sister Evangeline's special gift?
(a) She can talk to the unborn babies.
(b) She can play the harp.
(c) She is psychic.
(d) She can compose songs.
14. What did Rose's mother do after Rose got married?
(a) She got remarried.
(b) She bought a new house.
(c) She lost a lot of weight.
(d) She moved to New York.
15. How does Rose improve her work?
(a) She takes a typing class.
(b) She works extra hours.
(c) She studies cookbooks.
(d) She tutors children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Rose's father die?
2. What area of St. Elizabeth's has Rose taken over?
3. Why did Son's parents not care for Cecilia?
4. Where does Rose get the inspiration for the baby's name?
5. How much time has passed since the last chapter?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)