|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the drive to Owensboro?
(a) Two hours.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) One hour.
2. Where does Rose get the inspiration for the baby's name?
(a) A movie star.
(b) Her favorite aunt.
(c) Son's tattoo.
(d) A childhood friend.
3. Why did Son's parents not care for Cecilia?
(a) She hurt Son too much.
(b) She was not Catholic.
(c) She was rude to them.
(d) She was white trash.
4. Where is Rose Clinton headed when she leaves California?
(b) West Virginia.
5. What does Rose send to her mother?
(b) A postcard.
(c) A magazine subscription.
(d) A letter.
6. Who is George's little girl?
7. What information does Rose want from the person in #27?
(a) Where to go to have her baby.
(b) How painful delivery will be.
(c) What to expect during the pregnancy.
(d) Where to get an abortion.
8. Who is Lewis Nelson?
(a) A cardiologist.
(b) A wealthy horse breeder.
(c) An attorney.
(d) A local veterinarian.
9. Who does Rose visit when she learns she is pregnant?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A family planning clinic.
(c) Fr. O'Donnell.
(d) Her medical doctor.
10. What is the name of the town where Rose is going?
11. How does Rose feel about her mother at this point?
(a) She never thinks about her.
(b) She hates her.
(c) She resents her new husband.
(d) She really misses her.
12. What religion does Rose practice?
13. Who does Rose summon when the girl in #76 is about to deliver her baby?
(a) Mother Corinne.
(b) Sister Caroline Marie.
(c) Sister Regina.
(d) Sister Evangeline.
14. What does Rose never ask Son about?
(a) His family.
(b) His previous marriage.
(c) The girl in his tattoo.
(d) His income.
15. What is the reaction of the woman at the gas station when Rose asks about St. Elizabeth's?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rose think she will know if she should get married or become a nun?
2. How does Rose ease her physical ailment?
3. Why does Beatrice plan to have her babies at the home?
4. What is Rose's husband's job?
5. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose about her baby?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)