|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chore is Rose assigned to do?
(a) Cleaning bathrooms.
(b) Kitchen work.
(c) Office work.
(d) Polishing floors.
2. What does the girl in #76 refuse to do during labor?
(c) Make any noise.
3. The girl in #76 delivers _____________.
(a) twin boys.
(b) twin girls.
(c) girl triplets.
(d) a boy.
4. What is Rose's husband's job?
(c) Math teacher.
5. Who takes care of Rose?
(a) Mother Corinne.
(b) Sister Bernadette.
(c) Sister Evangeline.
6. In what body part is Son wounded during guard duty?
7. What does Son never ask Rose about?
(a) Her career goals.
(b) Her dreams.
(c) Her criminal record.
(d) Her past.
8. What makes many of the girls especially homesick?
(a) The beginning of the new school year.
(b) The Christmas holidays.
(d) Summer vacation.
9. What does Rose do when she learns of Beatrice's plan?
(a) Offers to help.
(b) Wishes her well.
(c) Ignores her.
(d) Reports her.
10. What makes Rose uncomfortable now?
(a) She lied to her mother.
(b) Her belly has really expanded.
(c) She is ashamed.
(d) She misses Thomas.
11. What is Sister Evangeline's special gift?
(a) She can talk to the unborn babies.
(b) She can compose songs.
(c) She can play the harp.
(d) She is psychic.
12. Who is the groundskeeper for St. Elizabeth's?
13. Why does Rose refuse to drive in the city in #21?
(a) It's too far from home.
(b) The traffic is too crazy.
(c) She might run out of gas.
(d) Her mother might see her.
14. To what place is Rose headed?
(a) Business seminar.
(b) Psychiatric hospital.
(c) Beach resort.
(d) Home for unwed mothers.
15. What does Rose really enjoy after her marriage to Thomas?
(a) Going out to dinner.
(b) Driving a car.
(c) Decorating her house.
(d) Having a card club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rose and Son do?
2. What do the girls tell Mother Corinne about the births?
3. Of what disease is Nelson's wife cured after drinking the spring water?
4. Who does Rose visit when she learns she is pregnant?
5. Who is Lewis Nelson?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)