|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Rose Clinton headed when she leaves California?
(c) West Virginia.
2. How does Rose think she will know if she should get married or become a nun?
(a) A psychic reader will tell her.
(b) Her guidance counselor will help her.
(c) Her mother will tell her what to do.
(d) God will give her a sign.
3. What does Angie fantasize about?
(a) The people who will adopt her baby.
(b) What her baby will become.
(c) Taking her baby home.
(d) Names for her baby.
4. Who is Lewis Nelson's wife?
5. Of what disease is Nelson's wife cured after drinking the spring water?
6. What does Rose really enjoy after her marriage to Thomas?
(a) Driving a car.
(b) Decorating her house.
(c) Having a card club.
(d) Going out to dinner.
7. What name does Rose write on her baby's birth certificate?
8. What happens to the structure when the spring dries up?
(a) It is made into a Howard Johnson's.
(b) It is torn down.
(c) It is boarded up for good.
(d) It is donated to the Catholic church.
9. What is the structure eventually named?
(a) Howard Johnson's.
(b) Union Terminal.
(c) St. Mary's.
(d) St. Elizabeth's.
10. From what state does Rose call her mother?
(a) New Mexico.
11. Who is the first person Rose meets at St. Elizabeth's?
(a) Sister Caroline.
(b) Fr. Wilson.
(c) Brother Marcus.
(d) Sister Bernadette.
12. What did Son's friend, Sam, have put on his tattoo?
(a) Cecilia's name.
(b) A heart and roses.
(c) An eagle.
(d) His mother's name.
13. What does Son have added to his tattoo?
(a) A cigar.
(b) An astrological sign.
(c) The baby's birth date.
(d) A heart.
14. What chore is Rose assigned to do?
(a) Cleaning bathrooms.
(b) Office work.
(c) Kitchen work.
(d) Polishing floors.
15. What is the reaction of the woman at the gas station when Rose asks about St. Elizabeth's?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rose visit when she learns she is pregnant?
2. What does Son make for Rose?
3. Why did Son beat up Sam?
4. Who is the supervisor of St. Elizabeth's?
5. How was Son injured?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)