|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose enjoy doing for hours when she is not working?
(b) Watching movies.
2. What information does Rose want from the person in #27?
(a) Where to go to have her baby.
(b) How painful delivery will be.
(c) Where to get an abortion.
(d) What to expect during the pregnancy.
3. What is Sam's last name?
4. What lie does Rose tell Angie after the birth of her baby?
(a) The baby had a funeral.
(b) The baby started breathing.
(c) Sister Evangeline didn't know the baby would die.
(d) The baby was alive for a little bit.
5. What makes Rose uncomfortable now?
(a) She lied to her mother.
(b) She misses Thomas.
(c) She is ashamed.
(d) Her belly has really expanded.
6. Rose has left her husband without telling him she __________________.
(a) loves someone else.
(b) wants a divorce.
(c) is pregnant.
(d) has had a breakdown.
7. Why does Beatrice plan to have her babies at the home?
(a) So she can be in familiar surroundings.
(b) So she can hold them on the way to Owensboro.
(c) So she can have a midwife.
(d) So she will be among friends.
8. Who is the supervisor of St. Elizabeth's?
(a) Mother Beatrice.
(b) Mother Corinne.
(c) Mother Catherine.
(d) Mother Aquinas.
9. What do the girls tell Mother Corinne about the births?
(a) The baby was deprived of oxygen.
(b) There was not enough time to go to the hospital.
(c) The babies are stillborn.
(d) One baby died.
10. Where is the hospital where the girls deliver their babies?
11. What wish comes true for the girl in #76?
(a) She gets to name her babies.
(b) She gets to keep her babies forever.
(c) She gets to hold her babies for the hour ride to the hospital.
(d) She gets to meet the couple who will adopt her babies.
12. Who is Beatrice's roommate?
13. What was Rose's mother's job as Rose was growing up?
(b) Makeup counter salesgirl.
14. Who does Rose visit when she learns she is pregnant?
(a) Fr. O'Donnell.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A family planning clinic.
(d) Her medical doctor.
15. What does Rose want to name her baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rose's husband's job?
2. Why does Rose refuse to drive in the city in #21?
3. How is Rose different from the other girls at St. Elizabeth's?
4. Where do the girls have to attend church once a month?
5. What did Rose's mother refuse to do during Rose's childhood?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)