|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what state is Rose headed after she leaves California?
2. What emotionally wounds Rose and Angie one day?
(a) People calling them names.
(b) Being forced to hold a newborn child.
(c) Having to write letters to their unborn babies.
(d) Mother Corinne reprimanding them.
3. How did Rose's father die?
(a) Car accident.
(c) Industrial accident.
4. Where does Rose work?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A school.
(c) A retail store.
(d) A temp agency.
5. What physical ailment does Rose begin to experience after her wedding?
(a) Paralyzed legs.
(b) A heavy pain in her chest.
(c) Migraine headaches.
(d) Heart palpitations.
6. What is the structure eventually named?
(a) St. Mary's.
(b) St. Elizabeth's.
(c) Union Terminal.
(d) Howard Johnson's.
7. How does Rose ease her physical ailment?
(a) She drives.
(b) She exercises.
(c) She lies down in a dark room.
(d) She takes medication.
8. Who is Beatrice's roommate?
9. Where does Rose refuse to go while driving a car?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) San Diego.
(d) Los Angeles.
10. Who runs the kitchen at St. Elizabeth's?
(a) Sister Regina.
(b) Sister Caroline Marie.
(c) Sister Mary Acquin.
(d) Sister Evangeline.
11. Who takes the girl in #76 to the hospital?
(a) An ambulance.
(b) Mother Corinne.
(d) Sister Evangeline.
12. What has Angie begun doing for her baby?
(a) Crocheting clothes.
(b) Picking out names.
(c) Writing poems.
(d) Making a quilt.
13. How does Rose think she will know if she should get married or become a nun?
(a) Her guidance counselor will help her.
(b) A psychic reader will tell her.
(c) Her mother will tell her what to do.
(d) God will give her a sign.
14. What did Rose's mother do after Rose got married?
(a) She bought a new house.
(b) She lost a lot of weight.
(c) She got remarried.
(d) She moved to New York.
15. What do Rose and her roommate do before dinner?
(a) Watch TV.
(b) Take a walk.
(c) Have tea on the porch.
(d) Write letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazing thing happens on George Clatterbuck's farm?
2. In what branch of the military did Son serve?
3. What do Rose and Son do?
4. What do the St. Vincent de Paul Society women do for the girls?
5. Who of the following does NOT help the girl in #76 with her labor?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)