|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what place is Rose headed?
(a) Beach resort.
(b) Psychiatric hospital.
(c) Business seminar.
(d) Home for unwed mothers.
2. What amazing thing happens on George Clatterbuck's farm?
(a) The chickens lay golden eggs.
(b) The cows give chocolate milk.
(c) The horses begin to sing.
(d) A healing spring bubbles up.
3. Who is the first person Rose meets at St. Elizabeth's?
(a) Brother Marcus.
(b) Fr. Wilson.
(c) Sister Bernadette.
(d) Sister Caroline.
4. What does the girl in #76 refuse to do during labor?
(a) Make any noise.
5. Who is the supervisor of St. Elizabeth's?
(a) Mother Catherine.
(b) Mother Beatrice.
(c) Mother Corinne.
(d) Mother Aquinas.
6. Angie tells Rose that the father of Angie's baby is __________________.
(a) her ex-boyfriend.
(b) a stranger.
(c) a business owner with whom she had an affair.
(d) her own father.
7. What makes Rose uncomfortable now?
(a) She is ashamed.
(b) Her belly has really expanded.
(c) She misses Thomas.
(d) She lied to her mother.
8. What happens to a girl after she delivers her baby?
(a) She is sent home.
(b) She has a going away party.
(c) She comes back to get her things.
(d) She gets a baby shower.
9. What structure does Nelson build near the spring?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A gift shop.
(d) A toll road.
10. Where is the hospital where the girls deliver their babies?
11. Rose has left her husband without telling him she __________________.
(a) has had a breakdown.
(b) is pregnant.
(c) wants a divorce.
(d) loves someone else.
12. What did Rose's mother do after Rose got married?
(a) She moved to New York.
(b) She bought a new house.
(c) She got remarried.
(d) She lost a lot of weight.
13. Who is Rose's roommate at St. Elizabeth's?
14. How did Rose's father die?
(b) Industrial accident.
(d) Car accident.
15. Where does Rose get the inspiration for the baby's name?
(a) Her favorite aunt.
(b) A movie star.
(c) Son's tattoo.
(d) A childhood friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Son have added to his tattoo?
2. What makes many of the girls especially homesick?
3. In what city does Rose grow up?
4. How old is Rose when her father dies?
5. What do Rose and her roommate do before dinner?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)