|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the girls have to attend church once a month?
2. Who takes care of Rose?
(a) Sister Bernadette.
(b) Sister Evangeline.
(d) Mother Corinne.
3. Of what disease is Nelson's wife cured after drinking the spring water?
4. What religion does Rose practice?
5. How is Rose different from the other girls at St. Elizabeth's?
(a) She is a college student.
(b) She is white.
(c) She is married.
(d) She is twice their age.
6. What is the name of the town where Rose is going?
7. The doctor thought that the girl in #76 was going to have ______________.
(a) one large baby.
8. Who goes into labor right after the holidays?
9. How much time has passed since the last chapter?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Several months.
(c) One month.
(d) Six weeks.
10. What does Rose want to name her baby?
11. What do the girls tell Mother Corinne about the births?
(a) The baby was deprived of oxygen.
(b) There was not enough time to go to the hospital.
(c) One baby died.
(d) The babies are stillborn.
12. What has Angie begun doing for her baby?
(a) Making a quilt.
(b) Crocheting clothes.
(c) Writing poems.
(d) Picking out names.
13. When did Cecilia say she would marry Son?
(a) After the war was over.
(b) When she turned 21.
(c) After he completed boot camp.
(d) When he could afford a big ring.
14. What is Rose's position on the baby?
(a) She cannot wait to be rid of the baby.
(b) She doesn't know if she will keep the baby.
(c) She does not want to get attached.
(d) She cannot wait to see the baby.
15. What does Angie fantasize about?
(a) What her baby will become.
(b) Names for her baby.
(c) The people who will adopt her baby.
(d) Taking her baby home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rose has left her husband without telling him she __________________.
2. Who is George's little girl?
3. From what state does Rose call her mother?
4. How was Son injured?
5. What does Son have added to his tattoo?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)