|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Rose's father die?
(a) Industrial accident.
(d) Car accident.
2. What emotionally wounds Rose and Angie one day?
(a) Mother Corinne reprimanding them.
(b) Having to write letters to their unborn babies.
(c) Being forced to hold a newborn child.
(d) People calling them names.
3. What makes many of the girls especially homesick?
(b) Summer vacation.
(c) The beginning of the new school year.
(d) The Christmas holidays.
4. What makes Rose uncomfortable now?
(a) Her belly has really expanded.
(b) She is ashamed.
(c) She misses Thomas.
(d) She lied to her mother.
5. What is the structure eventually named?
(a) St. Elizabeth's.
(b) St. Mary's.
(c) Union Terminal.
(d) Howard Johnson's.
6. Who is the hitchhiker Rose picks up in Oklahoma?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) A young girl.
(d) A minister.
7. How much time has passed since the last chapter?
(a) One month.
(b) Several months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
8. Where is the hospital where the girls deliver their babies?
9. How does Rose improve her work?
(a) She takes a typing class.
(b) She studies cookbooks.
(c) She works extra hours.
(d) She tutors children.
10. Who does Rose marry?
(a) Mark Jacobs.
(b) Toby Cochran.
(c) Alex Morton.
(d) Thomas Clinton.
11. What does the girl in #76 refuse to do during labor?
(b) Make any noise.
12. What does Sister Evangeline tell Rose about her baby?
(a) She will have a girl.
(b) She will have a boy.
(c) She will have triplets.
(d) She will have twins.
13. The girl in #76 delivers _____________.
(a) girl triplets.
(b) twin boys.
(c) twin girls.
(d) a boy.
14. Who is the groundskeeper for St. Elizabeth's?
15. What religion does Rose practice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazing thing happens on George Clatterbuck's farm?
2. To what place is Rose headed?
3. What are Son's feelings about being married to Rose?
4. What area of St. Elizabeth's has Rose taken over?
5. How old is Rose when her father dies?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)