|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what place is Rose headed?
(a) Psychiatric hospital.
(b) Home for unwed mothers.
(c) Business seminar.
(d) Beach resort.
2. How does Rose ease her physical ailment?
(a) She takes medication.
(b) She drives.
(c) She exercises.
(d) She lies down in a dark room.
3. What religion does Rose practice?
4. What makes Rose decide to leave her home?
(a) She wants to visit friends.
(b) She is having a breakdown.
(c) She doesn't love her husband.
(d) She needs a vacation.
5. Angie tells Rose that the father of Angie's baby is __________________.
(a) a stranger.
(b) her own father.
(c) a business owner with whom she had an affair.
(d) her ex-boyfriend.
6. Of what disease is Nelson's wife cured after drinking the spring water?
7. What does Angie fantasize about?
(a) Names for her baby.
(b) The people who will adopt her baby.
(c) Taking her baby home.
(d) What her baby will become.
8. Who takes the girl in #76 to the hospital?
(a) Mother Corinne.
(c) Sister Evangeline.
(d) An ambulance.
9. How does Rose improve her work?
(a) She studies cookbooks.
(b) She works extra hours.
(c) She takes a typing class.
(d) She tutors children.
10. What did Rose's mother refuse to do during Rose's childhood?
(a) Drink alcohol.
(b) Play cards.
(c) Dye her hair.
(d) Drive a car.
11. Which one of the nuns used to deliver babies at the home?
(a) Sister Evangeline.
(b) Sister Bernadette.
(c) Sister Mary Acquin.
(d) Mother Corinne.
12. What did Rose's mother do after Rose got married?
(a) She bought a new house.
(b) She lost a lot of weight.
(c) She got remarried.
(d) She moved to New York.
13. Why does Rose refuse to drive in the city in #21?
(a) Her mother might see her.
(b) It's too far from home.
(c) The traffic is too crazy.
(d) She might run out of gas.
14. Who of the following does NOT help the girl in #76 with her labor?
15. Who takes care of Rose?
(b) Sister Evangeline.
(c) Sister Bernadette.
(d) Mother Corinne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Beatrice's roommate?
2. What is Rose's husband's job?
3. How does Angie's baby die?
4. What wish comes true for the girl in #76?
5. Who runs the kitchen at St. Elizabeth's?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)