* Rose is a young Catholic girl growing up in San Diego, California, and being raised by her mother because her father died in a car accident when Rose was three years old.
* Rose is devoted to her religion and believes God will send her a sign that tells her if she should marry and have a family or become a nun.
* In Habit, Kentucky, a healing spring bubbles up on the farm belonging to George Clatterbuck and in addition to sick animals, water from the spring also cures his three-year-old daughter, June.
* A wealthy man named Lewis Nelson built a hotel--the Hotel Louisa--nearby the spring after his wife, Louisa, was cured of arthritis.
* After the spring dried up, the Nelsons donated the land to the Catholic Church and the hotel became a home for unwed mothers.
* Rose Clinton is pregnant and has...
This section contains 2,344 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)