|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sam Rayburn's physical build?
2. Who was the older man who was especially vulnerable to Lyndon's charming ways?
3. What government program did Lyndon not embrace fully?
4. Why did Lyndon feel it necessary to show appreciation to powerful officials?
5. What role did Lyndon fill for Congressman Klerberg?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of men in the early 20th century when Johnson and his colleagues were coming of age. What precedents did they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions did they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century men do not?
Essay Topic 2
What impact did Lyndon's estranged relationship with his father have on Lyndon's life? What emotional wounds did Lyndon suffer? How did the strained relationship with his father affect Lyndon's relationships with other people? State your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the impact that Lyndon's childhood had on him as an adult. What did it mean to be the son of a legislator-turned-farmer in the early 20th century in Texas? What stigmas did Lyndon live with for his entire life? How did Lyndon leverage his ancestry to carve out a political career for himself?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)