|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose death left an open Congressional seat desired by Lyndon?
2. How did Lyndon's physical appearance change in the years between 1937 and 1941?
3. The topic of Chapter 32 is _______________.
4. Who was the U.S. President famous for Fireside Chats?
5. What percentage of his district voted for Lyndon in the Congressional election?
Short Essay Questions
1. What particular ability did Lyndon have when it came to charming people?
2. What campaign promise was Lyndon forced to uphold?
3. How did FDR help to save Lyndon's political career regarding some inappropriate campaign funds issues?
4. What was meant by a "finagle" related to campaign fundraising?
5. How did the Buchanan Dam project help Lyndon gain needed publicity?
6. Why was handling the mail such an important task for Lyndon while serving as Klerberg's secretary?
7. How did Lyndon court important people to help him politically?
8. How was Lyndon able to leverage his influence in the NYA?
9. What was the Little Congress and how did Lyndon revive it?
10. What was Lyndon's position on FDR's New Deal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lyndon Johnson was no stranger to hurt and pain. From what you know of Lyndon's life through this book, what were his biggest sorrows and worst betrayals? How did he manage through them? How did his coping skills evidence themselves in many aspects of his life? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Lyndon Johnson. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Rebekah Johnson. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)