|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose support did Lyndon garner with his association with this project?
2. Why was Sam Rayburn's support important for Lyndon?
3. Lyndon's Congressional campaign intentionally appealed to __________________.
4. What district in Texas did Lyndon represent?
5. What did the woman in #136 believe about Lyndon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the impact that Lyndon's childhood had on him as an adult. What did it mean to be the son of a legislator-turned-farmer in the early 20th century in Texas? What stigmas did Lyndon live with for his entire life? How did Lyndon leverage his ancestry to carve out a political career for himself?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of struggle. Identify at least two instances about struggle in the book and then cite examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the cultural climate in America in the 1930s and why the time was right for Franklin Roosevelt's New Deal. What were the basic tenets of the New Deal? Why was Lyndon opposed to the New Deal? Why did he grudgingly support the New Deal? Explain.
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)