|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the woman in #136 invite to Longlea as house guests to prove a point?
2. Who was the other important figure in the building of the dam?
3. Who was Franklin Roosevelt's wife?
4. What role did Lyndon fill for Congressman Klerberg?
5. How did Lyndon get to meet FDR?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was the "lost generation" and how did Eleanor Roosevelt champion their cause?
2. Who was Charles Marsh and what was Lyndon's professional relationship with him?
3. Why was Alice Glass interested in Lyndon?
4. Although Lyndon wrote letters in the DCCC trying to show humility, what was the underlying purpose of the missives?
5. How did Lyndon leverage his position as Congressman Klerberg's secretary?
6. What was Lyndon's level of support of the New Deal after he got out of the military?
7. What was the Little Congress and how did Lyndon revive it?
8. What was meant by a "finagle" related to campaign fundraising?
9. What problem did Lyndon face when he wanted to assume the Senate seat of the deceased Texas Senarot, Morris Sheppard?
10. For what was Sam Rayburn best know among his colleagues and constituents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Rebekah Johnson. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Lyndon Johnson during the time period covered in THE PATH TO POWER. What were his ultimate plans for his life? What was his personality? What behaviors were instilled in him that would make him a success in his later life?
Essay Topic 3
From what you can glean from the author's descriptions, create a brief character study of Lyndon's father, Sam. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What created the friction between him and Lyndon? How did he reconcile with him? What emotional damage was done to the relationship?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)