Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the U.S. President famous for Fireside Chats?
2. How did Lyndon come to be known?
3. For how many years had the person in #169 held the Senate seat?
4. With what woman did Lyndon become infatuated during this period?
5. What was the age range of those in the "lost generation"?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Lyndon Johnson. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 2
Ambition takes on an almost human persona in this book. What was the source of Lyndon's ambitions? Was he consumed with winning and getting ahead? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author mean by calling it THE PATH TO POWER? What was he trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each one.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)