|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the U.S. President famous for Fireside Chats?
2. How did Lyndon come to be known?
3. For how many years had the person in #169 held the Senate seat?
4. With what woman did Lyndon become infatuated during this period?
5. What was the age range of those in the "lost generation"?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of women in the rural Texas in the early twentieth century. What precedents did they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions did they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have? What belief system about Southern women was evident in Rebekah and later on, Lady Bird? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Ambition takes on an almost human persona in this book. What was the source of Lyndon's ambitions? Was he consumed with winning and getting ahead? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Lady Bird Johnson. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)