|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose support did Lyndon garner with his association with this project?
2. Which company was the principal source of funds for Lyndon's run for Congress in 1941 and violated IRS contribution rules?
3. Lyndon was always working to __________________.
4. Lyndon's work on the dam with ________________ solidified a political partnership.
5. Lyndon's political career was a result of ____________________.
Essay Topic 1
Explain Lyndon Johnson during the time period covered in THE PATH TO POWER. What were his ultimate plans for his life? What was his personality? What behaviors were instilled in him that would make him a success in his later life?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting and time period for Lyndon's childhood What was America like during this time period? What was the American South like during this time period? How important are the time period and setting to the attitudes and issues of Lyndon, his family and friends?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of women in the rural Texas in the early twentieth century. What precedents did they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions did they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have? What belief system about Southern women was evident in Rebekah and later on, Lady Bird? Explain.
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)