Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the U.S. President famous for Fireside Chats?
2. How did Lyndon come to be known?
3. For how many years had the person in #169 held the Senate seat?
4. With what woman did Lyndon become infatuated during this period?
5. What was the age range of those in the "lost generation"?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of struggle. Identify at least two instances about struggle in the book and then cite examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the impact that Lyndon's childhood had on him as an adult. What did it mean to be the son of a legislator-turned-farmer in the early 20th century in Texas? What stigmas did Lyndon live with for his entire life? How did Lyndon leverage his ancestry to carve out a political career for himself?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Lyndon Johnson during the time period covered in THE PATH TO POWER. What were his ultimate plans for his life? What was his personality? What behaviors were instilled in him that would make him a success in his later life?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)