|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the U.S. President famous for Fireside Chats?
2. How did Lyndon come to be known?
3. For how many years had the person in #169 held the Senate seat?
4. With what woman did Lyndon become infatuated during this period?
5. What was the age range of those in the "lost generation"?
Essay Topic 1
According to the author, even before Lyndon was a player on the national and international stages, he was known to be a man of questionable integrity and deceit. Cite some examples in Johnson's life that prove this statement. What is Caro's overall perception of Johnson's character?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting and time period for Lyndon's childhood What was America like during this time period? What was the American South like during this time period? How important are the time period and setting to the attitudes and issues of Lyndon, his family and friends?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Sam Johnson. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)