|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sam Johnson's greatest legislative success?
2. What organization did the Buntons establish?
3. How old was Lyndon Johnson when the author wrote about him in the Introduction?
4. In what did Lyndon show interest as a boy?
5. Which of the following was a character attribute of the Buntons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had neither the Spanish nor the Mexicans developed the Texas Hill Country?
2. What was the significance of the town of Cotulla in Lyndon's life?
3. What was one of Sam Johnson's greatest qualities and what was his greatest legislative success?
4. What was one of Sam Johnson's characteristics while working in the Texas legislature?
5. What are the physical characteristics of the Bunton side of Lyndon's ancestry?
6. What happened after the Bunton Johnsons brought cattle to the Texas Hill Country?
7. Who was John Wheeler Bunton and for what was he famous?
8. Where did John Wheeler Bunton settle and how did he and his wife struggle to keep their land?
9. What professions did Lyndon's father, Sam, have over the years?
10. What obstacles did Lyndon's mother, Rebekah, have in living in rural Texas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What impact did Lyndon's estranged relationship with his father have on Lyndon's life? What emotional wounds did Lyndon suffer? How did the strained relationship with his father affect Lyndon's relationships with other people? State your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
THE PATH TO POWER is a classic biography. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting and time period for Lyndon's childhood What was America like during this time period? What was the American South like during this time period? How important are the time period and setting to the attitudes and issues of Lyndon, his family and friends?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)