|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lyndon live while working in the town in #88?
2. What was Lyndon's demeanor toward those beneath him?
3. At what type of job did Lyndon earn a good living?
4. In what did Lyndon show interest as a boy?
5. Of what was the author ignorant when embarking on writing this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did John Wheeler Bunton settle and how did he and his wife struggle to keep their land?
2. What does the author say were the characteristics of ranchers in the Texas Hill Country?
3. What professions did Lyndon's father, Sam, have over the years?
4. What noticeable trait of Sam's did little Lyndon pick up during the time of the family's setback?
5. What was the agenda of the People's Party?
6. What are the physical characteristics of the Bunton side of Lyndon's ancestry?
7. What were some of the challenges of the farmers in the Texas Hill Country?
8. What was the nature of Lyndon's father, Sam's, political leanings?
9. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 9--The Rich Man's Daughter?
10. What quirky behavior did little Lyndon exhibit during this challenging time for his parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lyndon Johnson was no stranger to hurt and pain. From what you know of Lyndon's life through this book, what were his biggest sorrows and worst betrayals? How did he manage through them? How did his coping skills evidence themselves in many aspects of his life? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Lyndon Johnson during the time period covered in THE PATH TO POWER. What were his ultimate plans for his life? What was his personality? What behaviors were instilled in him that would make him a success in his later life?
Essay Topic 3
What impact did Lyndon's estranged relationship with his father have on Lyndon's life? What emotional wounds did Lyndon suffer? How did the strained relationship with his father affect Lyndon's relationships with other people? State your opinion.
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)