Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what state did Lyndon come?
2. Which Bunton was Lyndon's most notable ancestor?
3. With whom did Lyndon carry on a daily correspondence?
4. Lyndon's mother and father shared an interest in _____________.
5. How long after the animals in #20 were brought to the Texas Hill Country did the landscape deteriorate?
Short Essay Questions
1. In addition to the People's Party, what other two political groups were eventually absorbed into the Democratic Party?
2. How did Lyndon court important people to help him politically?
3. How did little Lyndon respond to the downturn in his parents' financial situation?
4. How old was Lyndon when he was named and what forced the issue to determine his name?
5. How did Lyndon leverage his position as Congressman Klerberg's secretary?
6. What particular ability did Lyndon have when it came to charming people?
7. What was the purpose for the building of the Buchanan Dam?
8. What unusual habit did the young Lyndon have and how did it involve farm hands and others associated with the family?
9. In the Introduction, what does the author say about Lyndon Johnson's professional relationship with a man who could change his financial future?
10. For what was Sam Rayburn best know among his colleagues and constituents?
Ambition takes on an almost human persona in this book. What was the source of Lyndon's ambitions? Was he consumed with winning and getting ahead? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Create a brief character study of Lyndon Johnson. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Create a brief character study of Sam Johnson. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)