Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what state did Lyndon come?
2. Which Bunton was Lyndon's most notable ancestor?
3. With whom did Lyndon carry on a daily correspondence?
4. Lyndon's mother and father shared an interest in _____________.
5. How long after the animals in #20 were brought to the Texas Hill Country did the landscape deteriorate?
Short Essay Questions
1. In addition to the People's Party, what other two political groups were eventually absorbed into the Democratic Party?
2. How did Lyndon court important people to help him politically?
3. How did little Lyndon respond to the downturn in his parents' financial situation?
4. How old was Lyndon when he was named and what forced the issue to determine his name?
5. How did Lyndon leverage his position as Congressman Klerberg's secretary?
6. What particular ability did Lyndon have when it came to charming people?
7. What was the purpose for the building of the Buchanan Dam?
8. What unusual habit did the young Lyndon have and how did it involve farm hands and others associated with the family?
9. In the Introduction, what does the author say about Lyndon Johnson's professional relationship with a man who could change his financial future?
10. For what was Sam Rayburn best know among his colleagues and constituents?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of women in the rural Texas in the early twentieth century. What precedents did they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions did they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have? What belief system about Southern women was evident in Rebekah and later on, Lady Bird? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
What impact did Lyndon's estranged relationship with his father have on Lyndon's life? What emotional wounds did Lyndon suffer? How did the strained relationship with his father affect Lyndon's relationships with other people? State your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Lyndon Johnson during the time period covered in THE PATH TO POWER. What were his ultimate plans for his life? What was his personality? What behaviors were instilled in him that would make him a success in his later life?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)