Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what state did Lyndon come?
2. Which Bunton was Lyndon's most notable ancestor?
3. With whom did Lyndon carry on a daily correspondence?
4. Lyndon's mother and father shared an interest in _____________.
5. How long after the animals in #20 were brought to the Texas Hill Country did the landscape deteriorate?
Short Essay Questions
1. In addition to the People's Party, what other two political groups were eventually absorbed into the Democratic Party?
2. How did Lyndon court important people to help him politically?
3. How did little Lyndon respond to the downturn in his parents' financial situation?
4. How old was Lyndon when he was named and what forced the issue to determine his name?
5. How did Lyndon leverage his position as Congressman Klerberg's secretary?
6. What particular ability did Lyndon have when it came to charming people?
7. What was the purpose for the building of the Buchanan Dam?
8. What unusual habit did the young Lyndon have and how did it involve farm hands and others associated with the family?
9. In the Introduction, what does the author say about Lyndon Johnson's professional relationship with a man who could change his financial future?
10. For what was Sam Rayburn best know among his colleagues and constituents?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Rebekah Johnson. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting and time period for Lyndon's childhood What was America like during this time period? What was the American South like during this time period? How important are the time period and setting to the attitudes and issues of Lyndon, his family and friends?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Lady Bird Johnson. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)