|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession did Lyndon's father later aspire to?
2. What was Lyndon's demeanor toward those beneath him?
3. What did Rebekah refuse to do one day until Lyndon was named?
4. What was one of the jobs of the farmhands on the Johnson farm?
5. What was one of Sam Johnson's greatest assets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Little Congress and how did Lyndon revive it?
2. What major obstacle did Lyndon face in Cotulla and what was his greatest achievement?
3. How was Lyndon able to leverage his influence in the NYA?
4. Whose death cleared an opening for Lyndon?
5. Why had neither the Spanish nor the Mexicans developed the Texas Hill Country?
6. What was the agenda of the People's Party?
7. How old was Lyndon when he was named and what forced the issue to determine his name?
8. What problem did Lyndon face when he wanted to assume the Senate seat of the deceased Texas Senarot, Morris Sheppard?
9. What were some of Lyndon's characteristics when he began interacting in the working world?
10. Who was the "lost generation" and how did Eleanor Roosevelt champion their cause?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Lyndon Johnson during the time period covered in THE PATH TO POWER. What were his ultimate plans for his life? What was his personality? What behaviors were instilled in him that would make him a success in his later life?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the cultural climate in America in the 1930s and why the time was right for Franklin Roosevelt's New Deal. What were the basic tenets of the New Deal? Why was Lyndon opposed to the New Deal? Why did he grudgingly support the New Deal? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Lady Bird Johnson. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
This section contains 1,850 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)