|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lyndon was notorious for _____________.
2. Which Bunton was Lyndon's most notable ancestor?
3. What was Lyndon's demeanor toward those beneath him?
4. With whom was Lyndon comfortable meeting?
5. What was Lyndon's father's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after the Bunton Johnsons brought cattle to the Texas Hill Country?
2. What does the author say were the characteristics of ranchers in the Texas Hill Country?
3. What noticeable trait of Sam's did little Lyndon pick up during the time of the family's setback?
4. What quirky behavior did little Lyndon exhibit during this challenging time for his parents?
5. What are the physical characteristics of the Bunton side of Lyndon's ancestry?
6. What was Lyndon's formal name and for whom was he named?
7. What was the agenda of the People's Party?
8. How old was Lyndon when he was named and what forced the issue to determine his name?
9. Sam Johnson was able to stand his ground on a position and one case in particular was to his credit. What was the nature of the case of optometrists in Texas?
10. What was one of Sam Johnson's characteristics while working in the Texas legislature?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What impact did Lyndon's estranged relationship with his father have on Lyndon's life? What emotional wounds did Lyndon suffer? How did the strained relationship with his father affect Lyndon's relationships with other people? State your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Sam Johnson. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the cultural climate in America in the 1930s and why the time was right for Franklin Roosevelt's New Deal. What were the basic tenets of the New Deal? Why was Lyndon opposed to the New Deal? Why did he grudgingly support the New Deal? Explain.
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)