|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when the Texas Hill Country was destroyed?
2. What was Lyndon known for being at his college?
3. What shone through the ruined landscape of the Texas Hill Country?
4. What was the context of the laws in #69?
5. Of what was the author ignorant when embarking on writing this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were Cactus Jack and Sam Rayburn and why could Lyndon make them bristle?
2. Why was Lyndon perceived as being insincere?
3. How did FDR help to save Lyndon's political career regarding some inappropriate campaign funds issues?
4. What were some of Sam Rayburn's physical and personality traits?
5. How did Lyndon leverage his position as Congressman Klerberg's secretary?
6. What are the physical characteristics of the Bunton side of Lyndon's ancestry?
7. What undertaking did Lyndon initiate to show appreciation while serving on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee?
8. Who was Charles Marsh and what was Lyndon's professional relationship with him?
9. What was Lyndon's level of support of the New Deal after he got out of the military?
10. What was Lyndon's formal name and for whom was he named?
Essay Topic 1
THE PATH TO POWER is a classic biography. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of struggle. Identify at least two instances about struggle in the book and then cite examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Lyndon Johnson. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
This section contains 1,798 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)