|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Lyndon accept in 1940?
(a) Governor of Texas.
(b) Vice President of the U.S.
(c) Lieutenant Commander of the U.S. Navy.
(d) Speaker of the House of Representatives.
2. People came to realize that Sam Rayburn was _________________.
(b) a liar.
(c) not for sale.
(d) a coward.
3. What was the age range of those in the "lost generation"?
4. Why was Sam Rayburn's support important for Lyndon?
(a) He needed the financial backing.
(b) Sam knew the North Texas region.
(c) He was the most powerful man in Washington.
(d) He was Lyndon's mentor.
5. What was the pace of the lifestyle on Capitol Hill?
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of his district voted for Lyndon in the Congressional election?
2. Lyndon's Congressional campaign intentionally appealed to __________________.
3. What environmental issue did Lyndon focus on in his Congressional run?
4. Which Senior Senator from Texas died, freeing up a seat Lyndon coveted?
5. Who did the woman in #136 invite to Longlea as house guests to prove a point?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)