|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Franklin Roosevelt's wife?
2. What items did Lyndon send to FDR?
(a) Secret files.
3. Who were the members of the "lost generation"?
(a) The men returning from World War I.
(b) Poets and artists who lived off benefactors.
(c) Young adults who left school but had no jobs to go to.
(d) The children of The New Deal.
4. To Lyndon, knowing important people meant those having money or _______________ or both.
(a) political clout.
(c) good ancestors.
(d) big houses.
5. For how many years had the person in #169 held the Senate seat?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 27 years.
(c) 33 years.
(d) 41 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of his district voted for Lyndon in the Congressional election?
2. What was the tone of the letters Lyndon wrote during his time on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee?
3. Who is the assistant that Lyndon gets appointed to a permanent position in a statewide agency?
4. In what year did Lyndon win his first Congressional seat?
5. Who did the people think should replace the person in #121?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although Lyndon wrote letters in the DCCC trying to show humility, what was the underlying purpose of the missives?
2. Who were Cactus Jack and Sam Rayburn and why could Lyndon make them bristle?
3. Whose death cleared an opening for Lyndon?
4. What was Lyndon's level of support of the New Deal after he got out of the military?
5. What was the Little Congress and how did Lyndon revive it?
6. How did FDR help to save Lyndon's political career regarding some inappropriate campaign funds issues?
7. How did Lyndon make further career inroads by establishing friendships with people in Washington?
8. Who was the "lost generation" and how did Eleanor Roosevelt champion their cause?
9. Even though the New Deal helped people in the Texas Hill Country, they still had problems. Name two examples of the challenges faced by people in this time.
10. What was meant by a "finagle" related to campaign fundraising?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)