|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What demeanor did Lyndon continue to exhibit to those under him?
2. What challenge did Lyndon have when trying to attain the Congressional seat?
(a) He did not have the money to run a campaign.
(b) His wife did not like politics.
(c) No one knew who he was.
(d) He was not politically savvy.
3. What was it called when a campaign contributor siphoned money from more than one of his businesses to make a contribution?
(a) A boondoggle.
(b) A finagle.
(c) Standard practice.
(d) A tax write off.
4. What was the intent of the letters Lyndon wrote during his time on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee?
(a) Raise funds.
(b) Support the President.
(c) Ask for votes.
(d) Show appreciation.
5. How many aides did Lyndon have while working for Congressman Klerberg?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lyndon was always working to __________________.
2. How did Lyndon show his appreciation to powerful officials during his work with the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee?
3. With what woman did Lyndon become infatuated during this period?
4. People came to realize that Sam Rayburn was _________________.
5. Lyndon's Congressional campaign intentionally appealed to __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the purpose for the building of the Buchanan Dam?
2. Although Lyndon wrote letters in the DCCC trying to show humility, what was the underlying purpose of the missives?
3. Whose death cleared an opening for Lyndon?
4. What was Lyndon's level of support of the New Deal after he got out of the military?
5. What was Longlea and who presided over the estate?
6. Why was Lyndon perceived as being insincere?
7. How did Lyndon court important people to help him politically?
8. How did Lyndon leverage his position as Congressman Klerberg's secretary?
9. What was the Little Congress and how did Lyndon revive it?
10. Why was Alice Glass interested in Lyndon?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)