|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lyndon come to be known?
(c) L.B. Johnson.
2. Who was the older man who was especially vulnerable to Lyndon's charming ways?
(a) Charles Marsh.
(b) Edward Miller.
(c) William Buckley.
(d) Frederick Clark.
3. What was it called when a campaign contributor siphoned money from more than one of his businesses to make a contribution?
(a) Standard practice.
(b) A boondoggle.
(c) A finagle.
(d) A tax write off.
4. With what statewide agency was the person in #145 associated?
(a) Civilian Conservation Corps.
(b) National Youth Administration.
(c) Social Security Administration.
(d) American Red Cross.
5. Which company was the principal source of funds for Lyndon's run for Congress in 1941 and violated IRS contribution rules?
(b) General Electric.
(c) Brown & Root.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lyndon's work on the dam with ________________ solidified a political partnership.
2. Who was Lyndon's wife?
3. Who won the Senate seat coveted by Lyndon?
4. By 1940 it had been observed that whoever _____________________ usually wins the election.
5. What challenge did Lyndon have when trying to attain the Congressional seat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Buchanan Dam project help Lyndon gain needed publicity?
2. What was Longlea and who presided over the estate?
3. What was Lyndon's position on FDR's New Deal?
4. What was the Little Congress and how did Lyndon revive it?
5. Why was handling the mail such an important task for Lyndon while serving as Klerberg's secretary?
6. What was Lyndon's level of support of the New Deal after he got out of the military?
7. Whose death cleared an opening for Lyndon?
8. Who were Cactus Jack and Sam Rayburn and why could Lyndon make them bristle?
9. How did Lyndon make further career inroads by establishing friendships with people in Washington?
10. How was Lyndon able to leverage his influence in the NYA?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)