|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Charles Marsh's country estate?
(a) Green Acres.
(c) The Marshlands.
(d) Meadow Birch.
2. What was the intent of the letters Lyndon wrote during his time on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee?
(a) Show appreciation.
(b) Ask for votes.
(c) Support the President.
(d) Raise funds.
3. What was Lyndon's behavioral trait for which he was famous in government?
(a) Being a follower.
(b) Being shifty.
(c) Being loyal to a fault.
(d) Being innovative.
4. What position did Lyndon accept in 1940?
(a) Governor of Texas.
(b) Lieutenant Commander of the U.S. Navy.
(c) Vice President of the U.S.
(d) Speaker of the House of Representatives.
5. Who won the Senate seat coveted by Lyndon?
(a) Willie Starks.
(b) Frederick Clark.
(c) "Pappy" O'Daniel.
(d) Albert Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What demeanor did Lyndon continue to exhibit to those under him?
2. What was it called when a campaign contributor siphoned money from more than one of his businesses to make a contribution?
3. What was Sam Rayburn's physical build?
4. What organization within the government did Lyndon revitalize?
5. What district in Texas did Lyndon represent?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Buchanan Dam project help Lyndon gain needed publicity?
2. What was meant by a "finagle" related to campaign fundraising?
3. What was the purpose for the building of the Buchanan Dam?
4. What was the Little Congress and how did Lyndon revive it?
5. Even though the New Deal helped people in the Texas Hill Country, they still had problems. Name two examples of the challenges faced by people in this time.
6. Who were Cactus Jack and Sam Rayburn and why could Lyndon make them bristle?
7. How did FDR help to save Lyndon's political career regarding some inappropriate campaign funds issues?
8. Why was handling the mail such an important task for Lyndon while serving as Klerberg's secretary?
9. What undertaking did Lyndon initiate to show appreciation while serving on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee?
10. Who was Charles Marsh and what was Lyndon's professional relationship with him?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)