|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many aides did Lyndon have while working for Congressman Klerberg?
2. What position did Lyndon accept in 1940?
(a) Governor of Texas.
(b) Vice President of the U.S.
(c) Lieutenant Commander of the U.S. Navy.
(d) Speaker of the House of Representatives.
3. What was John Nance Garner's nickname?
(a) Cactus Jack.
(b) Pecos Pete.
(c) Speedy Gonzalez.
(d) Texas Two-Timer.
4. Who did the people think should replace the person in #121?
(a) Herbert Humphrey.
(b) Lyndon Johnson.
(c) William Buckley.
(d) Mrs. Buchanan.
5. Who especially hated FDR in Texas?
(a) Some industry leaders.
(b) Working men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose needs did Lyndon always serve first?
2. Who was an important figure in the building of the dam?
3. How did Lyndon come to be known?
4. With whom did politicians have to struggle as noted in Chapter 28, "I'll Get It for You"?
5. What was the age range of those in the "lost generation"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Little Congress and how did Lyndon revive it?
2. What was Longlea and who presided over the estate?
3. How did Lyndon make further career inroads by establishing friendships with people in Washington?
4. How did the Buchanan Dam project help Lyndon gain needed publicity?
5. What were some of Sam Rayburn's physical and personality traits?
6. Who was the "lost generation" and how did Eleanor Roosevelt champion their cause?
7. For what was Sam Rayburn best know among his colleagues and constituents?
8. Why was Lyndon perceived as being insincere?
9. What particular ability did Lyndon have when it came to charming people?
10. How was Lyndon able to leverage his influence in the NYA?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)