|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lyndon come to be known?
(a) L.B. Johnson.
2. At what age did Lyndon's father, Sam, die?
3. Who did the people think should replace the person in #121?
(a) Mrs. Buchanan.
(b) Herbert Humphrey.
(c) William Buckley.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
4. What was Lyndon's behavioral trait for which he was famous in government?
(a) Being loyal to a fault.
(b) Being shifty.
(c) Being innovative.
(d) Being a follower.
5. What did the woman in #136 believe about Lyndon?
(a) He would run for President one day.
(b) He was interested in helping others.
(c) He would leave his wife for her.
(d) He was full of bull.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years had the person in #169 held the Senate seat?
2. With what woman did Lyndon become infatuated during this period?
3. Lyndon's work on the dam with ________________ solidified a political partnership.
4. Who was the U.S. President famous for Fireside Chats?
5. How could Sam Rayburn's personality best be described?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lyndon leverage his position as Congressman Klerberg's secretary?
2. What particular ability did Lyndon have when it came to charming people?
3. Why was Lyndon perceived as being insincere?
4. How did Lyndon make further career inroads by establishing friendships with people in Washington?
5. How did the Buchanan Dam project help Lyndon gain needed publicity?
6. How did Lyndon court important people to help him politically?
7. What were some of Sam Rayburn's physical and personality traits?
8. Why was Alice Glass interested in Lyndon?
9. Who were Cactus Jack and Sam Rayburn and why could Lyndon make them bristle?
10. How did FDR help to save Lyndon's political career regarding some inappropriate campaign funds issues?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)