|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the other important figure in the building of the dam?
(a) Alvin Wirtz.
(b) William Seward.
(c) Terence Moore.
(d) Edward Smith.
2. What was the intent of the letters Lyndon wrote during his time on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee?
(a) Support the President.
(b) Show appreciation.
(c) Raise funds.
(d) Ask for votes.
3. Lyndon's work on the dam with ________________ solidified a political partnership.
(a) Bud Melville.
(b) Herman Brown.
(c) William Buckley.
(d) Edward Stanton.
4. What was the predominant crop in the Texas Hill Country?
5. Who especially hated FDR in Texas?
(a) Working men.
(b) Some industry leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who won the Senate seat coveted by Lyndon?
2. What role did Lyndon fill for Congressman Klerberg?
3. For how many years had the person in #169 held the Senate seat?
4. Who is the assistant that Lyndon gets appointed to a permanent position in a statewide agency?
5. The dam built in the Hill Country of Texas was built to control flooding along what river?
Short Essay Questions
1. What particular ability did Lyndon have when it came to charming people?
2. Who was the "lost generation" and how did Eleanor Roosevelt champion their cause?
3. For what was Sam Rayburn best know among his colleagues and constituents?
4. What was the Little Congress and how did Lyndon revive it?
5. Whose death cleared an opening for Lyndon?
6. How did Lyndon leverage his position as Congressman Klerberg's secretary?
7. What campaign promise was Lyndon forced to uphold?
8. Why was Lyndon perceived as being insincere?
9. What problem did Lyndon face when he wanted to assume the Senate seat of the deceased Texas Senarot, Morris Sheppard?
10. Although Lyndon wrote letters in the DCCC trying to show humility, what was the underlying purpose of the missives?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)