|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what committee did Lyndon get a position?
(a) Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
(b) The Committee for Veterans of Foreign Wars.
(c) Environmental Protection Committee.
(d) New Deal Committee.
2. What organization within the government did Lyndon revitalize?
(a) Social Security Administration.
(b) The New Deal.
(c) The House of Representatives.
(d) Little Congress.
3. What was the first name of the dam in #117?
(a) Rio Dam.
(b) Colorado Dam.
(c) Marshal Dam.
(d) Texas Hill Dam.
4. How many aides did Lyndon have while working for Congressman Klerberg?
5. Who was Franklin Roosevelt's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. People came to realize that Sam Rayburn was _________________.
2. How did Lyndon's physical appearance change in the years between 1937 and 1941?
3. Who won the Senate seat coveted by Lyndon?
4. Who did the woman in #136 invite to Longlea as house guests to prove a point?
5. What utility is the topic in Chapter 27, "The Sad Irons"?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what was Sam Rayburn best know among his colleagues and constituents?
2. Why was Alice Glass interested in Lyndon?
3. What was meant by a "finagle" related to campaign fundraising?
4. Whose death cleared an opening for Lyndon?
5. Even though the New Deal helped people in the Texas Hill Country, they still had problems. Name two examples of the challenges faced by people in this time.
6. Who was the "lost generation" and how did Eleanor Roosevelt champion their cause?
7. What was Longlea and who presided over the estate?
8. What particular ability did Lyndon have when it came to charming people?
9. How did Lyndon get elected to Congress with only three percent of the votes?
10. What were some of Sam Rayburn's physical and personality traits?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)