|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was widely understood that Lyndon had no ______________ of his own.
2. What was the intent of the letters Lyndon wrote during his time on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee?
(a) Raise funds.
(b) Support the President.
(c) Show appreciation.
(d) Ask for votes.
3. Who was the older man who was especially vulnerable to Lyndon's charming ways?
(a) Frederick Clark.
(b) William Buckley.
(c) Charles Marsh.
(d) Edward Miller.
4. What was a decent middle class salary in the 1940s?
(c) A few hundred dollars.
(d) A few thousand dollars.
5. What was John Nance Garner's nickname?
(a) Texas Two-Timer.
(b) Speedy Gonzalez.
(c) Pecos Pete.
(d) Cactus Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What challenge did Lyndon have when trying to attain the Congressional seat?
2. What district in Texas did Lyndon represent?
3. On what committee did Lyndon get a position?
4. Whose death left an open Congressional seat desired by Lyndon?
5. Lyndon's Congressional campaign intentionally appealed to __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lyndon court important people to help him politically?
2. What campaign promise was Lyndon forced to uphold?
3. Although Lyndon wrote letters in the DCCC trying to show humility, what was the underlying purpose of the missives?
4. Why was handling the mail such an important task for Lyndon while serving as Klerberg's secretary?
5. What undertaking did Lyndon initiate to show appreciation while serving on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee?
6. How did FDR help to save Lyndon's political career regarding some inappropriate campaign funds issues?
7. Why was Alice Glass interested in Lyndon?
8. Who was the "lost generation" and how did Eleanor Roosevelt champion their cause?
9. What was Lyndon's level of support of the New Deal after he got out of the military?
10. How did Lyndon leverage his position as Congressman Klerberg's secretary?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)