|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which company was the principal source of funds for Lyndon's run for Congress in 1941 and violated IRS contribution rules?
(b) General Electric.
(d) Brown & Root.
2. What was the first name of the dam in #117?
(a) Marshal Dam.
(b) Rio Dam.
(c) Colorado Dam.
(d) Texas Hill Dam.
3. How did Lyndon make political inroads due to an untimely death of a colleague?
(a) He completed the colleague's important work.
(b) He delivered the eulogy.
(c) He helped the colleague's family.
(d) He knew the colleague's assistant well.
4. What position did Sam Rayburn hold in Washington?
(a) Attorney General.
(b) Vice President.
(c) Speaker of the House.
(d) Treasury Secretary.
5. How did Lyndon's physical appearance change in the years between 1937 and 1941?
(a) He lost a lot of weight.
(b) He went bald.
(c) He grew taller.
(d) He gained weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose death left an open Congressional seat desired by Lyndon?
2. Which Senior Senator from Texas died, freeing up a seat Lyndon coveted?
3. What was the name of Charles Marsh's country estate?
4. To Lyndon, knowing important people meant those having money or _______________ or both.
5. What was it called when a campaign contributor siphoned money from more than one of his businesses to make a contribution?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Alice Glass interested in Lyndon?
2. What were some of Sam Rayburn's physical and personality traits?
3. Why was Lyndon perceived as being insincere?
4. How did FDR help to save Lyndon's political career regarding some inappropriate campaign funds issues?
5. Who was the "lost generation" and how did Eleanor Roosevelt champion their cause?
6. What problem did Lyndon face when he wanted to assume the Senate seat of the deceased Texas Senarot, Morris Sheppard?
7. What particular ability did Lyndon have when it came to charming people?
8. How was Lyndon able to leverage his influence in the NYA?
9. How did Lyndon court important people to help him politically?
10. For what was Sam Rayburn best know among his colleagues and constituents?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)