|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the woman in #136 invite to Longlea as house guests to prove a point?
(a) CCC workers.
(c) Migrant workers.
(d) Refugee European Jews.
2. What organization did Mrs. Roosevelt help to establish for the "lost generation"?
(a) The National Endowment for the Arts.
(b) The New Deal.
(c) The Social Security Administration.
(d) The National Youth Administration.
3. What environmental issue did Lyndon focus on in his Congressional run?
(a) The ozone layer.
(b) Marine life.
(c) The forks of creeks.
(d) Flood walls.
4. In what business did the person in #133 work?
5. On what committee did Lyndon get a position?
(a) The Committee for Veterans of Foreign Wars.
(b) New Deal Committee.
(c) Environmental Protection Committee.
(d) Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose death left an open Congressional seat desired by Lyndon?
2. Who was the U.S. President famous for Fireside Chats?
3. Who was known for being a masterful fundraiser?
4. Lyndon had an incredible ability to charm ___________________.
5. What was a decent middle class salary in the 1940s?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of Sam Rayburn's physical and personality traits?
2. Who were Cactus Jack and Sam Rayburn and why could Lyndon make them bristle?
3. How did Lyndon court important people to help him politically?
4. How did Lyndon leverage his position as Congressman Klerberg's secretary?
5. Whose death cleared an opening for Lyndon?
6. Even though the New Deal helped people in the Texas Hill Country, they still had problems. Name two examples of the challenges faced by people in this time.
7. Who was the "lost generation" and how did Eleanor Roosevelt champion their cause?
8. How did Lyndon make further career inroads by establishing friendships with people in Washington?
9. What was Lyndon's level of support of the New Deal after he got out of the military?
10. What was the Little Congress and how did Lyndon revive it?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)