|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which company was the principal source of funds for Lyndon's run for Congress in 1941 and violated IRS contribution rules?
(b) General Electric.
(d) Brown & Root.
2. What government program did Lyndon not embrace fully?
(a) The New Deal.
(b) Women's Right to Vote.
(c) Minimum Wage Laws.
(d) Civil Rights.
3. What was the age range of those in the "lost generation"?
4. In what business did the person in #133 work?
5. What organization did Mrs. Roosevelt help to establish for the "lost generation"?
(a) The National Youth Administration.
(b) The National Endowment for the Arts.
(c) The New Deal.
(d) The Social Security Administration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position did Lyndon accept in 1940?
2. What was John Nance Garner's nickname?
3. What was the pace of the lifestyle on Capitol Hill?
4. With what statewide agency was the person in #145 associated?
5. To Lyndon, knowing important people meant those having money or _______________ or both.
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem did Lyndon face when he wanted to assume the Senate seat of the deceased Texas Senarot, Morris Sheppard?
2. What was the Little Congress and how did Lyndon revive it?
3. How did Lyndon court important people to help him politically?
4. Who was Charles Marsh and what was Lyndon's professional relationship with him?
5. Who were Cactus Jack and Sam Rayburn and why could Lyndon make them bristle?
6. How did Lyndon make further career inroads by establishing friendships with people in Washington?
7. What was Lyndon's level of support of the New Deal after he got out of the military?
8. What were some of Sam Rayburn's physical and personality traits?
9. How did Lyndon get elected to Congress with only three percent of the votes?
10. Why was Alice Glass interested in Lyndon?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)