|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What utility is the topic in Chapter 27, "The Sad Irons"?
2. What was the age range of those in the "lost generation"?
3. Who was Franklin Roosevelt's wife?
4. How did Lyndon's physical appearance change in the years between 1937 and 1941?
(a) He grew taller.
(b) He went bald.
(c) He lost a lot of weight.
(d) He gained weight.
5. Who was known for being a masterful fundraiser?
(a) Joe Grilliot.
(b) Alan Johnson.
(c) Philip Marsden.
(d) Tommy Corcoran.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did Lyndon's father, Sam, die?
2. What was the pace of the lifestyle on Capitol Hill?
3. What was Sam Rayburn's physical build?
4. What percentage of his district voted for Lyndon in the Congressional election?
5. What position did Sam Rayburn hold in Washington?
Short Essay Questions
1. What campaign promise was Lyndon forced to uphold?
2. How did FDR help to save Lyndon's political career regarding some inappropriate campaign funds issues?
3. How did Lyndon get elected to Congress with only three percent of the votes?
4. How did Lyndon court important people to help him politically?
5. For what was Sam Rayburn best know among his colleagues and constituents?
6. Whose death cleared an opening for Lyndon?
7. What was Longlea and who presided over the estate?
8. What undertaking did Lyndon initiate to show appreciation while serving on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee?
9. How did Lyndon make further career inroads by establishing friendships with people in Washington?
10. Why was Lyndon perceived as being insincere?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)