|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did politicians have to struggle as noted in Chapter 28, "I'll Get It for You"?
(c) Social services agencies.
(d) Utilities companies.
2. How did Lyndon get to meet FDR?
(a) By heading up the Democratic National Convention.
(b) By sponsoring New Deal initiatives.
(c) By sending a complimentary letter.
(d) By being on the Committee to Re-Elect the President.
3. How did Lyndon's physical appearance change in the years between 1937 and 1941?
(a) He grew taller.
(b) He lost a lot of weight.
(c) He went bald.
(d) He gained weight.
4. What position did Sam Rayburn hold in Washington?
(a) Vice President.
(b) Treasury Secretary.
(c) Speaker of the House.
(d) Attorney General.
5. Who was Franklin Roosevelt's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who especially hated FDR in Texas?
2. What was the first name of the dam in #117?
3. How many aides did Lyndon have while working for Congressman Klerberg?
4. What percentage of his district voted for Lyndon in the Congressional election?
5. What was a decent middle class salary in the 1940s?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Lyndon able to leverage his influence in the NYA?
2. What was Lyndon's level of support of the New Deal after he got out of the military?
3. Even though the New Deal helped people in the Texas Hill Country, they still had problems. Name two examples of the challenges faced by people in this time.
4. How did FDR help to save Lyndon's political career regarding some inappropriate campaign funds issues?
5. Who was the "lost generation" and how did Eleanor Roosevelt champion their cause?
6. Why was Alice Glass interested in Lyndon?
7. For what was Sam Rayburn best know among his colleagues and constituents?
8. What was Lyndon's position on FDR's New Deal?
9. Why was handling the mail such an important task for Lyndon while serving as Klerberg's secretary?
10. How did Lyndon court important people to help him politically?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)