|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Senior Senator from Texas died, freeing up a seat Lyndon coveted?
(a) Albert Hall.
(b) Morris Sheppard.
(c) Edward Morrissey.
(d) Philip Stanton.
2. Lyndon's work on the dam with ________________ solidified a political partnership.
(a) Bud Melville.
(b) Edward Stanton.
(c) William Buckley.
(d) Herman Brown.
3. How could Sam Rayburn's personality best be described?
(d) Very strong.
4. In what manner did Lyndon serve toward superiors?
5. Who was Franklin Roosevelt's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lyndon's physical appearance change in the years between 1937 and 1941?
2. Whose death left an open Congressional seat desired by Lyndon?
3. How did Lyndon make political inroads due to an untimely death of a colleague?
4. Lyndon's political career was a result of ____________________.
5. What was the tone of the letters Lyndon wrote during his time on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Even though the New Deal helped people in the Texas Hill Country, they still had problems. Name two examples of the challenges faced by people in this time.
2. Why was Alice Glass interested in Lyndon?
3. How did the Buchanan Dam project help Lyndon gain needed publicity?
4. How did Lyndon make further career inroads by establishing friendships with people in Washington?
5. What was the purpose for the building of the Buchanan Dam?
6. Why was Lyndon perceived as being insincere?
7. Who was the "lost generation" and how did Eleanor Roosevelt champion their cause?
8. How was Lyndon able to leverage his influence in the NYA?
9. What problem did Lyndon face when he wanted to assume the Senate seat of the deceased Texas Senarot, Morris Sheppard?
10. What was Longlea and who presided over the estate?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)