|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What district in Texas did Lyndon represent?
2. To Lyndon, knowing important people meant those having money or _______________ or both.
(a) big houses.
(c) political clout.
(d) good ancestors.
3. What organization within the government did Lyndon revitalize?
(a) The New Deal.
(b) The House of Representatives.
(c) Social Security Administration.
(d) Little Congress.
4. Who was the other important figure in the building of the dam?
(a) Alvin Wirtz.
(b) Terence Moore.
(c) William Seward.
(d) Edward Smith.
5. People came to realize that Sam Rayburn was _________________.
(a) a coward.
(b) a liar.
(c) not for sale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the woman in #136 believe about Lyndon?
2. Whose needs did Lyndon always serve first?
3. What was the first name of the dam in #117?
4. Lyndon was always working to __________________.
5. With what project did Lyndon align himself to gain some publicity?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lyndon court important people to help him politically?
2. What undertaking did Lyndon initiate to show appreciation while serving on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee?
3. How did Lyndon get elected to Congress with only three percent of the votes?
4. What was meant by a "finagle" related to campaign fundraising?
5. For what was Sam Rayburn best know among his colleagues and constituents?
6. What particular ability did Lyndon have when it came to charming people?
7. Although Lyndon wrote letters in the DCCC trying to show humility, what was the underlying purpose of the missives?
8. Why was Alice Glass interested in Lyndon?
9. How did the Buchanan Dam project help Lyndon gain needed publicity?
10. What campaign promise was Lyndon forced to uphold?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)