|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lyndon's Congressional campaign intentionally appealed to __________________.
(b) the poor.
(c) oil companies.
2. What was the age range of those in the "lost generation"?
3. What role did Lyndon fill for Congressman Klerberg?
(a) Speech Writer.
(d) Personal Assistant.
4. Who won the Senate seat coveted by Lyndon?
(a) Willie Starks.
(b) "Pappy" O'Daniel.
(c) Frederick Clark.
(d) Albert Hall.
5. Who did the woman in #136 invite to Longlea as house guests to prove a point?
(a) Migrant workers.
(b) Refugee European Jews.
(d) CCC workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did Lyndon's father, Sam, die?
2. It was widely understood that Lyndon had no ______________ of his own.
3. Lyndon was always working to __________________.
4. What did FDR refuse to do with the items that Lyndon sent?
5. Lyndon's work on the dam with ________________ solidified a political partnership.
Short Essay Questions
1. Although Lyndon wrote letters in the DCCC trying to show humility, what was the underlying purpose of the missives?
2. What campaign promise was Lyndon forced to uphold?
3. Why was Alice Glass interested in Lyndon?
4. For what was Sam Rayburn best know among his colleagues and constituents?
5. What was the purpose for the building of the Buchanan Dam?
6. Who was the "lost generation" and how did Eleanor Roosevelt champion their cause?
7. What was meant by a "finagle" related to campaign fundraising?
8. How did the Buchanan Dam project help Lyndon gain needed publicity?
9. Even though the New Deal helped people in the Texas Hill Country, they still had problems. Name two examples of the challenges faced by people in this time.
10. What were some of Sam Rayburn's physical and personality traits?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)