|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which region of Texas did Lyndon garner the most support?
(a) The Texas Panhandle.
(b) Padre Island.
(c) Dallas Metropolitan Area.
(d) Texas Hill Country.
2. Who was Lyndon's wife?
(b) Linda Bird.
(c) Lady Bird.
3. In what business did the person in #133 work?
4. What was the tone of the letters Lyndon wrote during his time on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee?
5. Which Senior Senator from Texas died, freeing up a seat Lyndon coveted?
(a) Albert Hall.
(b) Edward Morrissey.
(c) Philip Stanton.
(d) Morris Sheppard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had really helped the people in Lyndon's district by this time?
2. Why was Sam Rayburn's support important for Lyndon?
3. Whose needs did Lyndon always serve first?
4. Who especially hated FDR in Texas?
5. With whom did politicians have to struggle as noted in Chapter 28, "I'll Get It for You"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Little Congress and how did Lyndon revive it?
2. What was Longlea and who presided over the estate?
3. Who were Cactus Jack and Sam Rayburn and why could Lyndon make them bristle?
4. For what was Sam Rayburn best know among his colleagues and constituents?
5. What was Lyndon's position on FDR's New Deal?
6. Why was handling the mail such an important task for Lyndon while serving as Klerberg's secretary?
7. What were some of Sam Rayburn's physical and personality traits?
8. Whose death cleared an opening for Lyndon?
9. Who was Charles Marsh and what was Lyndon's professional relationship with him?
10. How was Lyndon able to leverage his influence in the NYA?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)