|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lyndon make political inroads due to an untimely death of a colleague?
(a) He delivered the eulogy.
(b) He completed the colleague's important work.
(c) He helped the colleague's family.
(d) He knew the colleague's assistant well.
2. What was Lyndon's first main task while working for Congressman Klerberg?
(a) Scheduling constituent meetings.
(b) Writing news releases.
(c) Handling the mail.
(d) Making travel arrangements.
3. Who did the people think should replace the person in #121?
(a) Herbert Humphrey.
(b) William Buckley.
(c) Mrs. Buchanan.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
4. What was John Nance Garner's nickname?
(a) Cactus Jack.
(b) Pecos Pete.
(c) Speedy Gonzalez.
(d) Texas Two-Timer.
5. With what statewide agency was the person in #145 associated?
(a) American Red Cross.
(b) Civilian Conservation Corps.
(c) Social Security Administration.
(d) National Youth Administration.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did Lyndon's father, Sam, die?
2. Who especially hated FDR in Texas?
3. Lyndon's first year at his post with Congressman Klerberg was which Congress?
4. In what business did the person in #133 work?
5. What was the first name of the dam in #117?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although Lyndon wrote letters in the DCCC trying to show humility, what was the underlying purpose of the missives?
2. Who were Cactus Jack and Sam Rayburn and why could Lyndon make them bristle?
3. Why was Lyndon perceived as being insincere?
4. How was Lyndon able to leverage his influence in the NYA?
5. How did Lyndon leverage his position as Congressman Klerberg's secretary?
6. For what was Sam Rayburn best know among his colleagues and constituents?
7. What was Lyndon's position on FDR's New Deal?
8. What was Lyndon's level of support of the New Deal after he got out of the military?
9. What was the purpose for the building of the Buchanan Dam?
10. How did FDR help to save Lyndon's political career regarding some inappropriate campaign funds issues?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)