|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lyndon's most powerful characteristic at the job in #87?
(a) He had artistic sensibilities.
(b) He has great scientific instincts.
(c) He was an engineering genius.
(d) He cared about people.
2. What was the name of another political group that became popular during this time?
(a) The Tories.
(b) The Whigs.
(c) The Nationalists.
(d) The Alliance.
3. What is one notable thing about the person in #13?
(a) He was a famous artist.
(b) He was an Indian fighter.
(c) He was a great scientist.
(d) He was President of the U.S.
4. With what medical organization did Sam Johnson have conflict?
(a) The Surgeon General's Office.
(b) American Medical Association.
(c) Texas Medical Association.
(d) Johns Hopkins Hospital.
5. Sam Johnson's political interest supported _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the reasons Lyndon was promoted to the position in #92?
2. What nationality of students did Lyndon teach?
3. What was prohibitive to many about getting an education?
4. What was Lyndon known for being at his college?
5. What were the hills made of in the area in #10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What major obstacle did Lyndon face in Cotulla and what was his greatest achievement?
2. Why had neither the Spanish nor the Mexicans developed the Texas Hill Country?
3. What was one of Sam Johnson's characteristics while working in the Texas legislature?
4. What was the nature of Lyndon's father, Sam's, political leanings?
5. What were some of the challenges of the farmers in the Texas Hill Country?
6. What unusual habit did the young Lyndon have and how did it involve farm hands and others associated with the family?
7. What professions did Lyndon's father, Sam, have over the years?
8. What quirky behavior did little Lyndon exhibit during this challenging time for his parents?
9. What are the physical characteristics of the Bunton side of Lyndon's ancestry?
10. What happened after the Bunton Johnsons brought cattle to the Texas Hill Country?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)