|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what physical quality are the Bunton men known?
(a) Piercing gaze.
(b) Bellowing laugh.
(c) Speech impediment.
(d) Long arms.
2. What field had Texas not permitted in its medical association until Sam Johnson fought for it?
(d) Physical Therapy.
3. What the people loved most about Sam Johson was __________________________.
(a) that he had a good education.
(b) that they knew where he stood on everything.
(c) that he was a good husband and father.
(d) that he was a regular guy.
4. What was part of the Sam Johnson identity?
(a) He was very shy and retiring.
(b) He had a fierce temper.
(c) He would never back down from a fight.
(d) He stood up for common people.
5. What was Lyndon's father's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sam Johnson's greatest legislative success?
2. Where is Sam Johnson working in Chapter 6?
3. What was a key to surviving in the Texas Hill Country?
4. The Johnsons were as ambitious as the Buntons but lacked ________________.
5. How old was Lyndon when he was named?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the significance of the town of Cotulla in Lyndon's life?
2. Who were Cactus Jack and Sam Rayburn and why could Lyndon make them bristle?
3. What were the personality characteristics of the Buntons?
4. How old was Lyndon when he was named and what forced the issue to determine his name?
5. Who was Charles Marsh and what was Lyndon's professional relationship with him?
6. Why had neither the Spanish nor the Mexicans developed the Texas Hill Country?
7. What was Lyndon's formal name and for whom was he named?
8. What unusual habit did the young Lyndon have and how did it involve farm hands and others associated with the family?
9. Even though the New Deal helped people in the Texas Hill Country, they still had problems. Name two examples of the challenges faced by people in this time.
10. What were some of Sam Rayburn's physical and personality traits?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)