Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what state did Lyndon come?
(b) New Mexico.
2. Which Bunton was Lyndon's most notable ancestor?
(a) John Wheeler Bunton.
(b) Davy Crockett.
(c) Bud Johnson.
(d) Edward Baines.
3. With whom did Lyndon carry on a daily correspondence?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
4. Lyndon's mother and father shared an interest in _____________.
5. How long after the animals in #20 were brought to the Texas Hill Country did the landscape deteriorate?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two summers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Sam and Eliza's children were boys?
2. Why had neither the Spanish nor the Mexicans tried to tame the Texas Hill Country?
3. Who was one of Sam and Eliza's children?
4. In the ten years from 1837-1847, the population of the Texas Hill Country grew from 40,000 to _______________.
5. What was part of the Sam Johnson identity?
Short Essay Questions
1. In addition to the People's Party, what other two political groups were eventually absorbed into the Democratic Party?
2. How did Lyndon court important people to help him politically?
3. How did little Lyndon respond to the downturn in his parents' financial situation?
4. How old was Lyndon when he was named and what forced the issue to determine his name?
5. How did Lyndon leverage his position as Congressman Klerberg's secretary?
6. What particular ability did Lyndon have when it came to charming people?
7. What was the purpose for the building of the Buchanan Dam?
8. What unusual habit did the young Lyndon have and how did it involve farm hands and others associated with the family?
9. In the Introduction, what does the author say about Lyndon Johnson's professional relationship with a man who could change his financial future?
10. For what was Sam Rayburn best know among his colleagues and constituents?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)