|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the political group that emerged in the Texas Hill Country?
(a) The Alamo Society.
(b) The People's Party.
(c) The Texas Republicans.
(d) The Socialist Texas Society.
2. What was a key to surviving in the Texas Hill Country?
(a) Learning how to rotate crops.
(b) Understanding the Comanche people.
(c) Building sod houses.
(d) Installing irrigation.
3. What nickname did Lyndon garner?
4. What was Sam Johnson if favor of raising taxes on?
(a) Diamond mines.
(b) Copper mines.
(c) Coal mines.
(d) Sulphur mines.
5. What was the grassy part of the state in #10 called?
(a) The Great Plains.
(b) The Grasslands.
(c) The Prairie.
(d) Hill Country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the hills made of in the area in #10?
2. How many of Sam and Eliza's children were boys?
3. What organization did the Buntons establish?
4. What was rare about Lyndon's mother living in the 19th century?
5. To what job was Lyndon promoted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the ethnic issue in education in Texas?
2. What noticeable trait of Sam's did little Lyndon pick up during the time of the family's setback?
3. What were two major impediments to young people getting an education in Texas?
4. What were some of the challenges of the farmers in the Texas Hill Country?
5. What was the significance of the town of Cotulla in Lyndon's life?
6. What quirky behavior did little Lyndon exhibit during this challenging time for his parents?
7. In addition to the People's Party, what other two political groups were eventually absorbed into the Democratic Party?
8. What was the nature of Lyndon's father, Sam's, political leanings?
9. What was one of Sam Johnson's greatest qualities and what was his greatest legislative success?
10. Where did John Wheeler Bunton settle and how did he and his wife struggle to keep their land?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)