|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lyndon's interest in the area in #55 was attributed to ______________.
(a) his Bunton ancestors.
(b) his interest in animals.
(c) growing up as an only child.
(d) his superior intelligence.
2. With whom was Lyndon comfortable meeting?
(a) All types of people.
(b) Texans of all walks of life.
(c) Only politicians.
3. How was the complexion of the Buntons described?
(a) Magnolia white.
(b) Chalk white.
(c) Ghost white.
(d) Coffee cream.
4. When was the organization in #25 established?
(a) The mid 1900s.
(b) The late 19th century.
(c) The mid 1800s.
(d) The early 20th century.
5. Who was a lobbyist for the mine owners?
(a) Roy Miller.
(b) Spencer Baines.
(c) James McCall.
(d) Roger Bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a notable quirk of Lyndon's as a child?
2. What nationality of students did Lyndon teach?
3. From whom did Lyndon get his first name?
4. Who was one of Sam and Eliza's children?
5. With what medical organization did Sam Johnson have conflict?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was one of Sam Johnson's characteristics while working in the Texas legislature?
2. Why was Lyndon made principal of the school where he taught?
3. How did the author describe the Texas Hill Country?
4. What does the author say were the characteristics of ranchers in the Texas Hill Country?
5. What were the personality characteristics of the Buntons?
6. How did little Lyndon respond to the downturn in his parents' financial situation?
7. What obstacles did Lyndon's mother, Rebekah, have in living in rural Texas?
8. What were some of Lyndon's characteristics when he began interacting in the working world?
9. What was Lyndon's formal name and for whom was he named?
10. Where did John Wheeler Bunton settle and how did he and his wife struggle to keep their land?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)