|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lyndon's mother and father shared an interest in _____________.
2. Profits dropped so low for the group in #27 that they could not afford to buy _____________.
3. What characteristic of Lyndon's was the author ignorant of before writing this book?
4. What color eyes did the Buntons have?
(b) Dark brown.
5. Sam Johnson's political interest supported _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom was Lyndon comfortable meeting?
2. Into what organization was the organization in #25 eventually absorbed?
3. How old was Lyndon when he was named?
4. What did Lyndon's mother shy away from?
5. Where did Lyndon get his middle name--Baines?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was John Wheeler Bunton and for what was he famous?
2. What obstacles did Lyndon's mother, Rebekah, have in living in rural Texas?
3. What does the author say were the characteristics of ranchers in the Texas Hill Country?
4. Why had neither the Spanish nor the Mexicans developed the Texas Hill Country?
5. What noticeable trait of Sam's did little Lyndon pick up during the time of the family's setback?
6. What major obstacle did Lyndon face in Cotulla and what was his greatest achievement?
7. In the Introduction, what does the author say about Lyndon Johnson's professional relationship with a man who could change his financial future?
8. What was the agenda of the People's Party?
9. What were two major impediments to young people getting an education in Texas?
10. What were the personality characteristics of the Buntons?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)