|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what organization was the organization in #25 eventually absorbed?
(a) The Independent Party.
(b) The Socialist Party.
(c) The Republican Party.
(d) The Democratic Party.
2. What was the profession of the Bunton Johnsons?
3. What was one of the jobs of the farmhands on the Johnson farm?
(a) To find Lyndon when he went missing.
(b) To take Lyndon to school.
(c) To help Lyndon with his homework.
(d) To chaperone on Lyndon's dates.
4. Sam Johnson's political interest supported _____________.
5. During the time of his family's upheaval, Lyndon transformed into ___________________.
(a) a good helper.
(b) a junior dictator.
(c) a genius.
(d) a helpless child.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom was Lyndon comfortable meeting?
2. What the people loved most about Sam Johson was __________________________.
3. Who was Lyndon's mother?
4. What does the change in the Johnson household do to Lyndon?
5. What was Sam Johnson's greatest legislative success?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 9--The Rich Man's Daughter?
2. What were two major impediments to young people getting an education in Texas?
3. What major obstacle did Lyndon face in Cotulla and what was his greatest achievement?
4. What was one of Sam Johnson's characteristics while working in the Texas legislature?
5. What was the agenda of the People's Party?
6. What were some of the challenges of the farmers in the Texas Hill Country?
7. What were some of Lyndon's characteristics when he began interacting in the working world?
8. What was Sam Johnson's position on taxing the sulphur mines?
9. What were the personality characteristics of the Buntons?
10. What was one of Sam Johnson's greatest qualities and what was his greatest legislative success?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)