|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lyndon's father's name?
2. What nickname did Lyndon garner?
3. According to the author, ambition and big ideas can lead to ________________.
4. Which of the following was a character attribute of the Buntons?
(a) Fiery temperament.
(b) Sullen demeanor.
(c) Meek temperament.
(d) Retiring manners.
5. To what job was Lyndon promoted?
(a) Vice President of Finance.
(b) Hospital Administrator.
(c) Civil Engineer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals did the Johnson Buntons bring to the Texas Hill Country?
2. How old was Lyndon Johnson when the author wrote about him in the Introduction?
3. What organization did the Buntons establish?
4. What color eyes did the Buntons have?
5. What characteristic of Lyndon's was the author ignorant of before writing this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What noticeable trait of Sam's did little Lyndon pick up during the time of the family's setback?
2. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 9--The Rich Man's Daughter?
3. In addition to the People's Party, what other two political groups were eventually absorbed into the Democratic Party?
4. What are the physical characteristics of the Bunton side of Lyndon's ancestry?
5. What unusual habit did the young Lyndon have and how did it involve farm hands and others associated with the family?
6. What were some of Lyndon's characteristics when he began interacting in the working world?
7. What happened after the Bunton Johnsons brought cattle to the Texas Hill Country?
8. What was one of Sam Johnson's characteristics while working in the Texas legislature?
9. How did little Lyndon respond to the downturn in his parents' financial situation?
10. Who was John Wheeler Bunton and for what was he famous?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)