|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Sam Ealy Johnson and Eliza Bunton Johnson have?
2. What characteristic of Lyndon's was the author ignorant of before writing this book?
3. How many of Sam and Eliza's children were boys?
4. What profession did Lyndon's father later aspire to?
5. How was the complexion of the Buntons described?
(a) Coffee cream.
(b) Chalk white.
(c) Magnolia white.
(d) Ghost white.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what did Lyndon show interest as a boy?
2. How old was Lyndon Johnson when the author wrote about him in the Introduction?
3. When was the organization in #25 established?
4. What quality of his father's did Lyndon imitate?
5. What happened when the Texas Hill Country was destroyed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the agenda of the People's Party?
2. In the Introduction, what does the author say about Lyndon Johnson's professional relationship with a man who could change his financial future?
3. What professions did Lyndon's father, Sam, have over the years?
4. What was one of Sam Johnson's characteristics while working in the Texas legislature?
5. How did little Lyndon respond to the downturn in his parents' financial situation?
6. In addition to the People's Party, what other two political groups were eventually absorbed into the Democratic Party?
7. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 9--The Rich Man's Daughter?
8. What was the significance of the town of Cotulla in Lyndon's life?
9. What was Lyndon's formal name and for whom was he named?
10. What noticeable trait of Sam's did little Lyndon pick up during the time of the family's setback?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)