|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sam Johnson's greatest legislative success?
(a) Voting Laws.
(b) Minimum Wage Laws.
(c) Blue Sky Laws.
(d) Civil Rights Laws.
2. What quality of his father's did Lyndon imitate?
(a) Joke-telling skills.
(b) Money management skills.
(c) Public speaking skills.
(d) Leadership skills.
3. What was prohibitive to many about getting an education?
(a) The language.
(b) The hours.
(c) The cost.
(d) The distance.
4. What element was a great moneymaker for Texas in the first part of the 20th century?
5. What color eyes did the Buntons have?
(d) Dark brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one notable thing about the person in #13?
2. How many of Sam and Eliza's children were boys?
3. What happened when the Texas Hill Country was destroyed?
4. Lyndon's mother was ___________________________ in the Texas Hill Country.
5. During the time of his family's upheaval, Lyndon transformed into ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after the Bunton Johnsons brought cattle to the Texas Hill Country?
2. In addition to the People's Party, what other two political groups were eventually absorbed into the Democratic Party?
3. What professions did Lyndon's father, Sam, have over the years?
4. What was one of Sam Johnson's greatest qualities and what was his greatest legislative success?
5. Why was Lyndon made principal of the school where he taught?
6. In the Introduction, what does the author say about Lyndon Johnson's professional relationship with a man who could change his financial future?
7. What unusual habit did the young Lyndon have and how did it involve farm hands and others associated with the family?
8. What was the nature of Lyndon's father, Sam's, political leanings?
9. What are the physical characteristics of the Bunton side of Lyndon's ancestry?
10. Sam Johnson was able to stand his ground on a position and one case in particular was to his credit. What was the nature of the case of optometrists in Texas?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)