|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were Sam and Lyndon's marriages characterized?
(a) They learned to adapt to marriage the best they could.
(b) They divorced after early marriages.
(c) They got everything they wanted in marriage and in their lives.
(d) They were reasonably happy but did not marry their first choice.
2. With whom was Lyndon comfortable meeting?
(a) Only politicians.
(b) All types of people.
(c) Texans of all walks of life.
3. Into what organization was the organization in #25 eventually absorbed?
(a) The Republican Party.
(b) The Independent Party.
(c) The Socialist Party.
(d) The Democratic Party.
4. What characteristic of Lyndon's was the author ignorant of before writing this book?
5. What quality of his father's did Lyndon imitate?
(a) Joke-telling skills.
(b) Leadership skills.
(c) Money management skills.
(d) Public speaking skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was offering Lyndon the opportunity for a secure financial future?
2. What was Lyndon's father's profession?
3. How many children did Sam Ealy Johnson and Eliza Bunton Johnson have?
4. What dynamic occurs in the Sam Johnson household?
5. Sam Johnson was said to be _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Lyndon made principal of the school where he taught?
2. What were the personality characteristics of the Buntons?
3. What obstacles did Lyndon's mother, Rebekah, have in living in rural Texas?
4. How did the author describe the Texas Hill Country?
5. What was Lyndon's formal name and for whom was he named?
6. What professions did Lyndon's father, Sam, have over the years?
7. Who was John Wheeler Bunton and for what was he famous?
8. What was the agenda of the People's Party?
9. Sam Johnson was able to stand his ground on a position and one case in particular was to his credit. What was the nature of the case of optometrists in Texas?
10. How old was Lyndon when he was named and what forced the issue to determine his name?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)