|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what town did Lyndon work?
(c) El Paso.
2. Lyndon's mother was ___________________________ in the Texas Hill Country.
(a) the most highly literate woman.
(b) the most beautiful woman.
(c) the best woman gunsmith.
(d) the best public speaker.
3. Lyndon's mother and father shared an interest in _____________.
4. What form of disobedience did Lyndon show every day?
(a) He would steal other kids' lunches.
(b) He would set fires in the town.
(c) He would cast off his shoes.
(d) He would play hookey.
5. At what type of job did Lyndon earn a good living?
Short Answer Questions
1. What dynamic occurs in the Sam Johnson household?
2. What was one of the jobs of the farmhands on the Johnson farm?
3. How much land did the Bunton family still own in the Hill Country of Texas at the time this book was written?
4. What was Lyndon's father's profession?
5. Why did few Texans get an education?
Short Essay Questions
1. What obstacles did Lyndon's mother, Rebekah, have in living in rural Texas?
2. What unusual habit did the young Lyndon have and how did it involve farm hands and others associated with the family?
3. What was the significance of the town of Cotulla in Lyndon's life?
4. Why was Lyndon made principal of the school where he taught?
5. How did little Lyndon respond to the downturn in his parents' financial situation?
6. What was the nature of Lyndon's father, Sam's, political leanings?
7. What were some of Lyndon's characteristics when he began interacting in the working world?
8. What was Sam Johnson's position on taxing the sulphur mines?
9. What was the agenda of the People's Party?
10. What were two major impediments to young people getting an education in Texas?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)