|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lyndon known for being at his college?
(a) The best debater.
(b) The biggest liar.
(c) The fastest runner.
(d) The most handsome.
2. What was the grassy part of the state in #10 called?
(a) Hill Country.
(b) The Grasslands.
(c) The Great Plains.
(d) The Prairie.
3. Who was one of Sam and Eliza's children?
(a) Tex Johnson.
(b) Lyndon Johnson's father.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) Lyndon Johnson's mother.
4. Where did Lyndon get his middle name--Baines?
(a) It was Sam's father's name.
(b) It was Rebekah's father's name.
(c) It was Sam's best friend's name.
(d) It was Rebekah's maiden name.
5. From whom did Lyndon get his first name?
(a) His mother's brother.
(b) His mother's father.
(c) A lawyer friend of his father's.
(d) His father's great grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Sam Ealy Johnson and Eliza Bunton Johnson have?
2. With whom was Lyndon comfortable meeting?
3. What was Lyndon's father's profession?
4. At what type of job did Lyndon earn a good living?
5. Into what organization was the organization in #25 eventually absorbed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the physical characteristics of the Bunton side of Lyndon's ancestry?
2. In addition to the People's Party, what other two political groups were eventually absorbed into the Democratic Party?
3. Why was Lyndon made principal of the school where he taught?
4. What was one of Sam Johnson's characteristics while working in the Texas legislature?
5. What major obstacle did Lyndon face in Cotulla and what was his greatest achievement?
6. What quirky behavior did little Lyndon exhibit during this challenging time for his parents?
7. Where did John Wheeler Bunton settle and how did he and his wife struggle to keep their land?
8. What unusual habit did the young Lyndon have and how did it involve farm hands and others associated with the family?
9. What were some of the challenges of the farmers in the Texas Hill Country?
10. How did little Lyndon respond to the downturn in his parents' financial situation?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)