|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shone through the ruined landscape of the Texas Hill Country?
2. Of what was the author ignorant when embarking on writing this book?
(a) Lyndon's unpleasant traits.
(b) Lyndon's academic excellence.
(c) Lyndon's political deals.
(d) Lyndon's family tree.
3. How many of Sam and Eliza's children were boys?
4. Why did few Texans get an education?
(a) They died at an early age.
(b) There were no established schools.
(c) They saw no value in book learning.
(d) The children were needed to work at home.
5. Which group was the organization in #25 established to help?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lyndon's demeanor toward those beneath him?
2. Lyndon's interest in the area in #55 was attributed to ______________.
3. Who was a lobbyist for the mine owners?
4. During the time of his family's upheaval, Lyndon transformed into ___________________.
5. Sam and Lyndon had both wanted to marry which girl in town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What major obstacle did Lyndon face in Cotulla and what was his greatest achievement?
2. In addition to the People's Party, what other two political groups were eventually absorbed into the Democratic Party?
3. What were the personality characteristics of the Buntons?
4. How old was Lyndon when he was named and what forced the issue to determine his name?
5. What were some of the challenges of the farmers in the Texas Hill Country?
6. What was the significance of the town of Cotulla in Lyndon's life?
7. What does the author say were the characteristics of ranchers in the Texas Hill Country?
8. What quirky behavior did little Lyndon exhibit during this challenging time for his parents?
9. Why was Lyndon made principal of the school where he taught?
10. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 9--The Rich Man's Daughter?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)