|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of another political group that became popular during this time?
(a) The Tories.
(b) The Whigs.
(c) The Nationalists.
(d) The Alliance.
2. What nickname did Lyndon garner?
3. What was the profession of the Bunton Johnsons?
4. In the ten years from 1837-1847, the population of the Texas Hill Country grew from 40,000 to _______________.
5. Who did Sam Johnson fight for for entry into the organization in #67?
Short Answer Questions
1. What shone through the ruined landscape of the Texas Hill Country?
2. To what job was Lyndon promoted?
3. What characteristic of Lyndon's was the author ignorant of before writing this book?
4. Where is Sam Johnson working in Chapter 6?
5. What was a prominent nationality of a school in Texas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was John Wheeler Bunton and for what was he famous?
2. What was the nature of Lyndon's father, Sam's, political leanings?
3. What professions did Lyndon's father, Sam, have over the years?
4. What was the ethnic issue in education in Texas?
5. What was the agenda of the People's Party?
6. How did the author describe the Texas Hill Country?
7. What noticeable trait of Sam's did little Lyndon pick up during the time of the family's setback?
8. Where did John Wheeler Bunton settle and how did he and his wife struggle to keep their land?
9. How old was Lyndon when he was named and what forced the issue to determine his name?
10. What was one of Sam Johnson's characteristics while working in the Texas legislature?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)