|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what organization was the organization in #25 eventually absorbed?
(a) The Socialist Party.
(b) The Independent Party.
(c) The Republican Party.
(d) The Democratic Party.
2. With whom was Lyndon comfortable meeting?
(a) All types of people.
(b) Texans of all walks of life.
(c) Only politicians.
3. What shone through the ruined landscape of the Texas Hill Country?
4. What was a key to surviving in the Texas Hill Country?
(a) Installing irrigation.
(b) Building sod houses.
(c) Understanding the Comanche people.
(d) Learning how to rotate crops.
5. What was a prominent nationality of a school in Texas?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what job was Lyndon promoted?
2. Sam Johnson's political interest supported _____________.
3. What was Lyndon's most powerful characteristic at the job in #87?
4. What was the grassy part of the state in #10 called?
5. What does the change in the Johnson household do to Lyndon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had neither the Spanish nor the Mexicans developed the Texas Hill Country?
2. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 9--The Rich Man's Daughter?
3. What noticeable trait of Sam's did little Lyndon pick up during the time of the family's setback?
4. How did little Lyndon respond to the downturn in his parents' financial situation?
5. In the Introduction, what does the author say about Lyndon Johnson's professional relationship with a man who could change his financial future?
6. What was one of Sam Johnson's characteristics while working in the Texas legislature?
7. What were two major impediments to young people getting an education in Texas?
8. What was Sam Johnson's position on taxing the sulphur mines?
9. What was the ethnic issue in education in Texas?
10. How did the author describe the Texas Hill Country?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)