|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lyndon live while working in the town in #88?
(a) A farmhouse.
(b) A rented room in a shack.
(c) A boardinghouse.
(d) An adobe hut.
2. What was the name of the political group in the South which did not follow the white-supremacist political route?
(a) The Populists.
(b) The Republicans.
(c) The Independents.
(d) The Libertarians.
3. What was Sam Johnson if favor of raising taxes on?
(a) Diamond mines.
(b) Sulphur mines.
(c) Coal mines.
(d) Copper mines.
4. Where is Sam Johnson working in Chapter 6?
(a) The railroad.
(b) An oil company.
(c) The Texas legislature.
(d) A local bank.
5. What were the hills made of in the area in #10?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam Johnson was said to be _____________________.
2. What was Lyndon's father's profession?
3. Which of the following was a character attribute of the Buntons?
4. How old was Lyndon when he was named?
5. What lessons did Lyndon's mother teach to other people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What obstacles did Lyndon's mother, Rebekah, have in living in rural Texas?
2. Who was John Wheeler Bunton and for what was he famous?
3. What was one of Sam Johnson's characteristics while working in the Texas legislature?
4. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 9--The Rich Man's Daughter?
5. What was the significance of the town of Cotulla in Lyndon's life?
6. What major obstacle did Lyndon face in Cotulla and what was his greatest achievement?
7. What were the personality characteristics of the Buntons?
8. How old was Lyndon when he was named and what forced the issue to determine his name?
9. What was Sam Johnson's position on taxing the sulphur mines?
10. What happened after the Bunton Johnsons brought cattle to the Texas Hill Country?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)