|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Profits dropped so low for the group in #27 that they could not afford to buy _____________.
2. What were the hills made of in the area in #10?
3. What the people loved most about Sam Johson was __________________________.
(a) that they knew where he stood on everything.
(b) that he was a regular guy.
(c) that he had a good education.
(d) that he was a good husband and father.
4. What was Lyndon's father's name?
5. According to Chapter 6, who is "The Best Man I Ever Knew?"
(a) Andrew Baines.
(b) Lyndon Johnson.
(c) Sam Bunton.
(d) Sam Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sam Johnson's greatest legislative success?
2. Who was one of Sam and Eliza's children?
3. From whom did Lyndon get his first name?
4. At what type of job did Lyndon earn a good living?
5. How many children did Sam Ealy Johnson and Eliza Bunton Johnson have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Even though the New Deal helped people in the Texas Hill Country, they still had problems. Name two examples of the challenges faced by people in this time.
2. What was Lyndon's level of support of the New Deal after he got out of the military?
3. What quirky behavior did little Lyndon exhibit during this challenging time for his parents?
4. Who was the "lost generation" and how did Eleanor Roosevelt champion their cause?
5. What were two major impediments to young people getting an education in Texas?
6. What was the ethnic issue in education in Texas?
7. Why was Lyndon made principal of the school where he taught?
8. What were some of the challenges of the farmers in the Texas Hill Country?
9. What was the Little Congress and how did Lyndon revive it?
10. For what was Sam Rayburn best know among his colleagues and constituents?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)