|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sam Johnson's greatest legislative success?
(a) Blue Sky Laws.
(b) Minimum Wage Laws.
(c) Voting Laws.
(d) Civil Rights Laws.
2. What did Rebekah refuse to do one day until Lyndon was named?
(a) Make breakfast.
(b) Get dressed.
(c) Get out of bed.
(d) Take a bath.
3. Who did Sam Johnson fight for for entry into the organization in #67?
4. With what medical organization did Sam Johnson have conflict?
(a) Texas Medical Association.
(b) Johns Hopkins Hospital.
(c) American Medical Association.
(d) The Surgeon General's Office.
5. Why did few Texans get an education?
(a) They saw no value in book learning.
(b) The children were needed to work at home.
(c) There were no established schools.
(d) They died at an early age.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what job was Lyndon promoted?
2. What happened when the Texas Hill Country was destroyed?
3. Which Bunton was Lyndon's most notable ancestor?
4. Lyndon's mother and father shared an interest in _____________.
5. Which group was the organization in #25 established to help?
Short Essay Questions
1. How old was Lyndon when he was named and what forced the issue to determine his name?
2. What was the ethnic issue in education in Texas?
3. In the Introduction, what does the author say about Lyndon Johnson's professional relationship with a man who could change his financial future?
4. What were some of Sam Rayburn's physical and personality traits?
5. What quirky behavior did little Lyndon exhibit during this challenging time for his parents?
6. Why had neither the Spanish nor the Mexicans developed the Texas Hill Country?
7. Why was Lyndon made principal of the school where he taught?
8. Who was John Wheeler Bunton and for what was he famous?
9. How did FDR help to save Lyndon's political career regarding some inappropriate campaign funds issues?
10. What were two major impediments to young people getting an education in Texas?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)