|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a prominent nationality of a school in Texas?
2. Profits dropped so low for the group in #27 that they could not afford to buy _____________.
3. To what job was Lyndon promoted?
(a) Hospital Administrator.
(c) Vice President of Finance.
(d) Civil Engineer.
4. What was rare about Lyndon's mother living in the 19th century?
(a) She was college educated.
(b) She was a suffragette.
(c) She was a nurse.
(d) She ran her own business.
5. How much land did the Bunton family still own in the Hill Country of Texas at the time this book was written?
(a) 50 acres.
(b) 500 acres.
(c) 1,000 acres.
(d) 200 acres.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lyndon get his middle name--Baines?
2. What was Lyndon's demeanor toward those superior to him?
3. For what physical quality are the Bunton men known?
4. According to the author, ambition and big ideas can lead to ________________.
5. When was the organization in #25 established?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the physical characteristics of the Bunton side of Lyndon's ancestry?
2. In the Introduction, what does the author say about Lyndon Johnson's professional relationship with a man who could change his financial future?
3. Who was John Wheeler Bunton and for what was he famous?
4. What were the personality characteristics of the Buntons?
5. What was Lyndon's formal name and for whom was he named?
6. What were some of the challenges of the farmers in the Texas Hill Country?
7. How old was Lyndon when he was named and what forced the issue to determine his name?
8. What were some of Lyndon's characteristics when he began interacting in the working world?
9. What was one of Sam Johnson's greatest qualities and what was his greatest legislative success?
10. In addition to the People's Party, what other two political groups were eventually absorbed into the Democratic Party?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)