|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dynamic occurs in the Sam Johnson household?
(a) A death of a child.
(b) A move to Maine.
(c) A downturn in finances.
(d) An adopted child.
2. What profession did Lyndon's father later aspire to?
3. In what did Lyndon show interest as a boy?
4. What was a notable quirk of Lyndon's as a child?
(a) He had a photographic memory.
(b) He was good at telling jokes.
(c) He ran away a lot.
(d) He could do magic tricks.
5. What was one of Sam Johnson's greatest assets?
(a) He was a visionary.
(b) He had a great sense of humor.
(c) He could stand alone.
(d) He was very generous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was prohibitive to many about getting an education?
2. Lyndon's mother and father shared an interest in _____________.
3. How old was Lyndon Johnson when the author wrote about him in the Introduction?
4. What form of disobedience did Lyndon show every day?
5. What were the hills made of in the area in #10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the nature of Lyndon's father, Sam's, political leanings?
2. How did the author describe the Texas Hill Country?
3. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 9--The Rich Man's Daughter?
4. What major obstacle did Lyndon face in Cotulla and what was his greatest achievement?
5. In addition to the People's Party, what other two political groups were eventually absorbed into the Democratic Party?
6. What was Sam Johnson's position on taxing the sulphur mines?
7. Why had neither the Spanish nor the Mexicans developed the Texas Hill Country?
8. What are the physical characteristics of the Bunton side of Lyndon's ancestry?
9. What quirky behavior did little Lyndon exhibit during this challenging time for his parents?
10. What were two major impediments to young people getting an education in Texas?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)