|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was part of the Sam Johnson identity?
(a) He had a fierce temper.
(b) He was very shy and retiring.
(c) He stood up for common people.
(d) He would never back down from a fight.
2. How many of Sam and Eliza's children were boys?
3. What dynamic occurs in the Sam Johnson household?
(a) An adopted child.
(b) A move to Maine.
(c) A downturn in finances.
(d) A death of a child.
4. What was one of Sam Johnson's greatest assets?
(a) He was very generous.
(b) He could stand alone.
(c) He was a visionary.
(d) He had a great sense of humor.
5. Lyndon's mother was ___________________________ in the Texas Hill Country.
(a) the best public speaker.
(b) the most beautiful woman.
(c) the most highly literate woman.
(d) the best woman gunsmith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what organization was the organization in #25 eventually absorbed?
2. How many children did Sam Ealy Johnson and Eliza Bunton Johnson have?
3. What is one notable thing about the person in #13?
4. What was Lyndon's demeanor toward those beneath him?
5. What wrecked the terrain of the Texas Hill Country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unusual habit did the young Lyndon have and how did it involve farm hands and others associated with the family?
2. What was the significance of the town of Cotulla in Lyndon's life?
3. What major obstacle did Lyndon face in Cotulla and what was his greatest achievement?
4. Who was John Wheeler Bunton and for what was he famous?
5. Why had neither the Spanish nor the Mexicans developed the Texas Hill Country?
6. What were the personality characteristics of the Buntons?
7. What happened after the Bunton Johnsons brought cattle to the Texas Hill Country?
8. What obstacles did Lyndon's mother, Rebekah, have in living in rural Texas?
9. Where did John Wheeler Bunton settle and how did he and his wife struggle to keep their land?
10. What was Sam Johnson's position on taxing the sulphur mines?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)