|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Buntons were known for _____________.
(a) big thinking.
(b) being greedy.
(d) lewd behavior.
2. Lyndon was adept at _______________.
(a) playing football.
(b) writing theme papers.
(c) adoring his superiors.
(d) tutoring other students.
3. What was a key to surviving in the Texas Hill Country?
(a) Learning how to rotate crops.
(b) Understanding the Comanche people.
(c) Building sod houses.
(d) Installing irrigation.
4. What animals did the Johnson Buntons bring to the Texas Hill Country?
5. What the people loved most about Sam Johson was __________________________.
(a) that he had a good education.
(b) that they knew where he stood on everything.
(c) that he was a good husband and father.
(d) that he was a regular guy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wrecked the terrain of the Texas Hill Country?
2. Of what was the author ignorant when embarking on writing this book?
3. What element was a great moneymaker for Texas in the first part of the 20th century?
4. Profits dropped so low for the group in #27 that they could not afford to buy _____________.
5. Lyndon's mother and father shared an interest in _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lyndon's formal name and for whom was he named?
2. What was one of Sam Johnson's greatest qualities and what was his greatest legislative success?
3. What does the author say were the characteristics of ranchers in the Texas Hill Country?
4. What happened after the Bunton Johnsons brought cattle to the Texas Hill Country?
5. What was one of Sam Johnson's characteristics while working in the Texas legislature?
6. What were the personality characteristics of the Buntons?
7. Who was John Wheeler Bunton and for what was he famous?
8. How did the author describe the Texas Hill Country?
9. How old was Lyndon when he was named and what forced the issue to determine his name?
10. What obstacles did Lyndon's mother, Rebekah, have in living in rural Texas?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)