|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lyndon's father's profession?
2. With whom was Lyndon comfortable meeting?
(b) Texans of all walks of life.
(c) Only politicians.
(d) All types of people.
3. Into what organization was the organization in #25 eventually absorbed?
(a) The Democratic Party.
(b) The Republican Party.
(c) The Socialist Party.
(d) The Independent Party.
4. What lessons did Lyndon's mother teach to other people?
5. Why had neither the Spanish nor the Mexicans tried to tame the Texas Hill Country?
(a) It was desert.
(b) It was very resistant.
(c) It was too hilly.
(d) It was too beautiful to tame.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lyndon's mother shy away from?
2. In the ten years from 1837-1847, the population of the Texas Hill Country grew from 40,000 to _______________.
3. Who was Lyndon's mother?
4. What was prohibitive to many about getting an education?
5. What dynamic occurs in the Sam Johnson household?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unusual habit did the young Lyndon have and how did it involve farm hands and others associated with the family?
2. Why had neither the Spanish nor the Mexicans developed the Texas Hill Country?
3. What were two major impediments to young people getting an education in Texas?
4. In the Introduction, what does the author say about Lyndon Johnson's professional relationship with a man who could change his financial future?
5. What obstacles did Lyndon's mother, Rebekah, have in living in rural Texas?
6. What were some of the challenges of the farmers in the Texas Hill Country?
7. What was Sam Johnson's position on taxing the sulphur mines?
8. In addition to the People's Party, what other two political groups were eventually absorbed into the Democratic Party?
9. What were some of Lyndon's characteristics when he began interacting in the working world?
10. How did the author describe the Texas Hill Country?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)