|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Lyndon's mother?
2. What was the profession of the Bunton Johnsons?
3. During the time of his family's upheaval, Lyndon transformed into ___________________.
(a) a genius.
(b) a helpless child.
(c) a good helper.
(d) a junior dictator.
4. What nickname did Lyndon garner?
5. Sam and Lyndon had both wanted to marry which girl in town?
(a) The rich man's daughter.
(b) The most beautiful girl.
(c) The smartest girl.
(d) The kindest girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what type of job did Lyndon earn a good living?
2. With whom was Lyndon comfortable meeting?
3. How old was Lyndon Johnson when the author wrote about him in the Introduction?
4. What was the grassy part of the state in #10 called?
5. In what town did Lyndon work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of Lyndon's characteristics when he began interacting in the working world?
2. Sam Johnson was able to stand his ground on a position and one case in particular was to his credit. What was the nature of the case of optometrists in Texas?
3. What are the physical characteristics of the Bunton side of Lyndon's ancestry?
4. How did little Lyndon respond to the downturn in his parents' financial situation?
5. What were some of the challenges of the farmers in the Texas Hill Country?
6. In the Introduction, what does the author say about Lyndon Johnson's professional relationship with a man who could change his financial future?
7. What was Sam Johnson's position on taxing the sulphur mines?
8. What professions did Lyndon's father, Sam, have over the years?
9. What was one of Sam Johnson's greatest qualities and what was his greatest legislative success?
10. What was the ethnic issue in education in Texas?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)