Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the U.S. President famous for Fireside Chats?
(a) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(b) Calvin Coolidge.
(c) Theodore Roosevelt.
(d) Herbert Hoover.
2. How did Lyndon come to be known?
(d) L.B. Johnson.
3. For how many years had the person in #169 held the Senate seat?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 41 years.
(c) 33 years.
(d) 27 years.
4. With what woman did Lyndon become infatuated during this period?
(a) Alice Glass.
(b) Elaine Morgan.
(c) Sara Roosevelt.
(d) Delores Stanton.
5. What was the age range of those in the "lost generation"?
6. Whose support did Lyndon garner with his association with this project?
7. What element of Sam Rayburn's personality was well known?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) His compassion.
(c) His brooding.
(d) His temper.
8. In what year did Lyndon win his first Congressional seat?
9. People came to realize that Sam Rayburn was _________________.
(a) a coward.
(c) a liar.
(d) not for sale.
10. A criticism of Lyndon emerged in that he lacked ______________.
11. What organization did Mrs. Roosevelt help to establish for the "lost generation"?
(a) The New Deal.
(b) The Social Security Administration.
(c) The National Endowment for the Arts.
(d) The National Youth Administration.
12. By 1940 it had been observed that whoever _____________________ usually wins the election.
(a) has a higher profile.
(b) is the underdog.
(c) spends more money.
(d) has a clean personal record.
13. The woman in #136 was said to have been a/an ___________ princess.
14. Lyndon had an incredible ability to charm ___________________.
(a) his wife.
(b) little girls.
(c) powerful older men.
(d) little old ladies.
15. What was the predominant crop in the Texas Hill Country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John Nance Garner's nickname?
2. Who was known for being a masterful fundraiser?
3. What was the pace of the lifestyle on Capitol Hill?
4. Who was Franklin Roosevelt's wife?
5. What district in Texas did Lyndon represent?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)