|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization within the government did Lyndon revitalize?
(a) The New Deal.
(b) The House of Representatives.
(c) Social Security Administration.
(d) Little Congress.
2. Who did the woman in #136 invite to Longlea as house guests to prove a point?
(a) CCC workers.
(c) Migrant workers.
(d) Refugee European Jews.
3. Lyndon's Congressional campaign intentionally appealed to __________________.
(a) oil companies.
(d) the poor.
4. Who were the members of the "lost generation"?
(a) The men returning from World War I.
(b) Young adults who left school but had no jobs to go to.
(c) Poets and artists who lived off benefactors.
(d) The children of The New Deal.
5. Who did the people think should replace the person in #121?
(a) Mrs. Buchanan.
(b) Herbert Humphrey.
(c) William Buckley.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
6. The topic of Chapter 32 is _______________.
(b) environmental issues.
7. How could Sam Rayburn's personality best be described?
(d) Very strong.
8. What was John Nance Garner's nickname?
(a) Speedy Gonzalez.
(b) Pecos Pete.
(c) Texas Two-Timer.
(d) Cactus Jack.
9. What was the pace of the lifestyle on Capitol Hill?
10. What was Sam Rayburn's physical build?
(a) Short and stocky.
(b) Lean and lanky.
(d) Big and tall.
11. From which region of Texas did Lyndon garner the most support?
(a) Texas Hill Country.
(b) Dallas Metropolitan Area.
(c) The Texas Panhandle.
(d) Padre Island.
12. What utility is the topic in Chapter 27, "The Sad Irons"?
13. What was it called when a campaign contributor siphoned money from more than one of his businesses to make a contribution?
(a) Standard practice.
(b) A finagle.
(c) A tax write off.
(d) A boondoggle.
14. What district in Texas did Lyndon represent?
15. At what age did Lyndon's father, Sam, die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who won the Senate seat coveted by Lyndon?
2. It was widely understood that Lyndon had no ______________ of his own.
3. Why did Lyndon feel it necessary to show appreciation to powerful officials?
4. What was the first name of the dam in #117?
5. What was the predominant crop in the Texas Hill Country?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)