|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was it called when a campaign contributor siphoned money from more than one of his businesses to make a contribution?
(a) A tax write off.
(b) Standard practice.
(c) A finagle.
(d) A boondoggle.
2. Who did the woman in #136 invite to Longlea as house guests to prove a point?
(a) CCC workers.
(b) Refugee European Jews.
(c) Migrant workers.
3. Who was the other important figure in the building of the dam?
(a) Terence Moore.
(b) William Seward.
(c) Alvin Wirtz.
(d) Edward Smith.
4. Whose support did Lyndon garner with his association with this project?
5. Lyndon's work on the dam with ________________ solidified a political partnership.
(a) Bud Melville.
(b) Herman Brown.
(c) Edward Stanton.
(d) William Buckley.
6. How did Lyndon get to meet FDR?
(a) By sponsoring New Deal initiatives.
(b) By being on the Committee to Re-Elect the President.
(c) By sending a complimentary letter.
(d) By heading up the Democratic National Convention.
7. What did FDR refuse to do with the items that Lyndon sent?
(a) Archive them.
(b) Sign them.
(c) Read them.
(d) Display them.
8. The dam built in the Hill Country of Texas was built to control flooding along what river?
(a) The Monongahela River.
(b) The Red Rocks River.
(c) The Rio Grande River.
(d) The Colorado River.
9. Lyndon's first year at his post with Congressman Klerberg was which Congress?
10. What government program did Lyndon not embrace fully?
(a) Civil Rights.
(b) The New Deal.
(c) Women's Right to Vote.
(d) Minimum Wage Laws.
11. Who was known for being a masterful fundraiser?
(a) Alan Johnson.
(b) Philip Marsden.
(c) Tommy Corcoran.
(d) Joe Grilliot.
12. What environmental issue did Lyndon focus on in his Congressional run?
(a) Marine life.
(b) Flood walls.
(c) The ozone layer.
(d) The forks of creeks.
13. Whose death left an open Congressional seat desired by Lyndon?
(a) Alfred Morton.
(b) James Buchanan.
(c) William Buckley.
(d) Edward Stanton.
14. In what year did Lyndon win his first Congressional seat?
15. The topic of Chapter 32 is _______________.
(c) environmental issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the age range of those in the "lost generation"?
2. Lyndon had an incredible ability to charm ___________________.
3. How many aides did Lyndon have while working for Congressman Klerberg?
4. What organization within the government did Lyndon revitalize?
5. Who won the Senate seat coveted by Lyndon?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)