|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What district in Texas did Lyndon represent?
2. Who won the Senate seat coveted by Lyndon?
(a) Frederick Clark.
(b) "Pappy" O'Daniel.
(c) Albert Hall.
(d) Willie Starks.
3. Who was an important figure in the building of the dam?
(a) Tyler Moore.
(b) Herman Brown.
(c) Donald Swenson.
(d) James Everman.
4. Which business group wanted tax benefits and protection from regulation?
(c) Steel industry.
5. Who did the people think should replace the person in #121?
(a) Mrs. Buchanan.
(b) Herbert Humphrey.
(c) William Buckley.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
6. With what statewide agency was the person in #145 associated?
(a) Civilian Conservation Corps.
(b) National Youth Administration.
(c) American Red Cross.
(d) Social Security Administration.
7. What did FDR refuse to do with the items that Lyndon sent?
(a) Display them.
(b) Read them.
(c) Archive them.
(d) Sign them.
8. Lyndon's work on the dam with ________________ solidified a political partnership.
(a) Herman Brown.
(b) William Buckley.
(c) Edward Stanton.
(d) Bud Melville.
9. What was the intent of the letters Lyndon wrote during his time on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee?
(a) Show appreciation.
(b) Ask for votes.
(c) Raise funds.
(d) Support the President.
10. Who did the woman in #136 invite to Longlea as house guests to prove a point?
(a) Migrant workers.
(c) Refugee European Jews.
(d) CCC workers.
11. What was Lyndon's first main task while working for Congressman Klerberg?
(a) Writing news releases.
(b) Scheduling constituent meetings.
(c) Making travel arrangements.
(d) Handling the mail.
12. What was a decent middle class salary in the 1940s?
(c) A few hundred dollars.
(d) A few thousand dollars.
13. What was Sam Rayburn's physical build?
(a) Short and stocky.
(c) Big and tall.
(d) Lean and lanky.
14. Whose death left an open Congressional seat desired by Lyndon?
(a) Edward Stanton.
(b) James Buchanan.
(c) William Buckley.
(d) Alfred Morton.
15. How did Lyndon get to meet FDR?
(a) By sponsoring New Deal initiatives.
(b) By heading up the Democratic National Convention.
(c) By sending a complimentary letter.
(d) By being on the Committee to Re-Elect the President.
Short Answer Questions
1. A criticism of Lyndon emerged in that he lacked ______________.
2. What was John Nance Garner's nickname?
3. People came to realize that Sam Rayburn was _________________.
4. In what year did Lyndon win his first Congressional seat?
5. What organization within the government did Lyndon revitalize?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)