|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lyndon come to be known?
(a) L.B. Johnson.
2. What was a decent middle class salary in the 1940s?
(a) A few thousand dollars.
(b) A few hundred dollars.
3. What element of Sam Rayburn's personality was well known?
(a) His compassion.
(b) His sense of humor.
(c) His temper.
(d) His brooding.
4. Lyndon's work on the dam with ________________ solidified a political partnership.
(a) Edward Stanton.
(b) Bud Melville.
(c) William Buckley.
(d) Herman Brown.
5. On what committee did Lyndon get a position?
(a) Environmental Protection Committee.
(b) New Deal Committee.
(c) Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
(d) The Committee for Veterans of Foreign Wars.
6. Why was Sam Rayburn's support important for Lyndon?
(a) Sam knew the North Texas region.
(b) He needed the financial backing.
(c) He was Lyndon's mentor.
(d) He was the most powerful man in Washington.
7. With what woman did Lyndon become infatuated during this period?
(a) Elaine Morgan.
(b) Delores Stanton.
(c) Sara Roosevelt.
(d) Alice Glass.
8. At what age did Lyndon's father, Sam, die?
9. Whose death left an open Congressional seat desired by Lyndon?
(a) William Buckley.
(b) Edward Stanton.
(c) James Buchanan.
(d) Alfred Morton.
10. Who did the woman in #136 invite to Longlea as house guests to prove a point?
(a) Migrant workers.
(c) Refugee European Jews.
(d) CCC workers.
11. Who was Franklin Roosevelt's wife?
12. Who was known for being a masterful fundraiser?
(a) Alan Johnson.
(b) Joe Grilliot.
(c) Tommy Corcoran.
(d) Philip Marsden.
13. What was Lyndon's behavioral trait for which he was famous in government?
(a) Being a follower.
(b) Being shifty.
(c) Being innovative.
(d) Being loyal to a fault.
14. With what project did Lyndon align himself to gain some publicity?
(a) The dam project.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) Civil Rights Law.
(d) Minimum Wage Law.
15. What was John Nance Garner's nickname?
(a) Pecos Pete.
(b) Texas Two-Timer.
(c) Cactus Jack.
(d) Speedy Gonzalez.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose support did Lyndon garner with his association with this project?
2. What did FDR refuse to do with the items that Lyndon sent?
3. What was Lyndon's first main task while working for Congressman Klerberg?
4. Who were the members of the "lost generation"?
5. In what year did Lyndon win his first Congressional seat?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)