|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lyndon had an incredible ability to charm ___________________.
(a) little old ladies.
(b) his wife.
(c) powerful older men.
(d) little girls.
2. Who was the older man who was especially vulnerable to Lyndon's charming ways?
(a) Frederick Clark.
(b) Edward Miller.
(c) William Buckley.
(d) Charles Marsh.
3. What was the pace of the lifestyle on Capitol Hill?
4. Whose support did Lyndon garner with his association with this project?
5. Lyndon was always working to __________________.
(a) further the cause of poor people.
(b) secure deals with bankers.
(c) improve environmental protection efforts.
(d) lay groundwork for future interactions.
6. On what committee did Lyndon get a position?
(a) Environmental Protection Committee.
(b) New Deal Committee.
(c) Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
(d) The Committee for Veterans of Foreign Wars.
7. What was a decent middle class salary in the 1940s?
(a) A few hundred dollars.
(d) A few thousand dollars.
8. How could Sam Rayburn's personality best be described?
(d) Very strong.
9. Lyndon made progress by befriending people with offices in the White House and _________________.
(a) the Texas legislature.
(b) the Texas governor's office.
(c) the New Deal office.
(d) Capitol Hill.
10. Whose death left an open Congressional seat desired by Lyndon?
(a) William Buckley.
(b) Alfred Morton.
(c) James Buchanan.
(d) Edward Stanton.
11. Who was the U.S. President famous for Fireside Chats?
(a) Theodore Roosevelt.
(b) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(c) Calvin Coolidge.
(d) Herbert Hoover.
12. Who was an important figure in the building of the dam?
(a) Herman Brown.
(b) Tyler Moore.
(c) Donald Swenson.
(d) James Everman.
13. What district in Texas did Lyndon represent?
14. What demeanor did Lyndon continue to exhibit to those under him?
15. Who was Franklin Roosevelt's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1940 it had been observed that whoever _____________________ usually wins the election.
2. Lyndon's first year at his post with Congressman Klerberg was which Congress?
3. What was the predominant crop in the Texas Hill Country?
4. Lyndon's work on the dam with ________________ solidified a political partnership.
5. The woman in #136 was said to have been a/an ___________ princess.
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)