|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the woman in #136 invite to Longlea as house guests to prove a point?
(a) Migrant workers.
(b) Refugee European Jews.
(d) CCC workers.
2. The topic of Chapter 32 is _______________.
(a) environmental issues.
3. What utility is the topic in Chapter 27, "The Sad Irons"?
4. What did FDR refuse to do with the items that Lyndon sent?
(a) Display them.
(b) Read them.
(c) Archive them.
(d) Sign them.
5. Lyndon was always working to __________________.
(a) further the cause of poor people.
(b) secure deals with bankers.
(c) lay groundwork for future interactions.
(d) improve environmental protection efforts.
6. With what woman did Lyndon become infatuated during this period?
(a) Elaine Morgan.
(b) Alice Glass.
(c) Sara Roosevelt.
(d) Delores Stanton.
7. What was Lyndon's first main task while working for Congressman Klerberg?
(a) Writing news releases.
(b) Scheduling constituent meetings.
(c) Handling the mail.
(d) Making travel arrangements.
8. What element of Sam Rayburn's personality was well known?
(a) His temper.
(b) His brooding.
(c) His sense of humor.
(d) His compassion.
9. What was Sam Rayburn's physical build?
(a) Short and stocky.
(c) Lean and lanky.
(d) Big and tall.
10. What had really helped the people in Lyndon's district by this time?
(a) Minimum Wage Laws.
(b) New ranching techniques.
(c) Expanding oil business.
(d) The New Deal.
11. Lyndon's work on the dam with ________________ solidified a political partnership.
(a) Edward Stanton.
(b) Bud Melville.
(c) Herman Brown.
(d) William Buckley.
12. What position did Sam Rayburn hold in Washington?
(a) Attorney General.
(b) Speaker of the House.
(c) Vice President.
(d) Treasury Secretary.
13. What challenge did Lyndon have when trying to attain the Congressional seat?
(a) His wife did not like politics.
(b) No one knew who he was.
(c) He did not have the money to run a campaign.
(d) He was not politically savvy.
14. In what business did the person in #133 work?
15. What was the first name of the dam in #117?
(a) Marshal Dam.
(b) Colorado Dam.
(c) Rio Dam.
(d) Texas Hill Dam.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what manner did Lyndon serve toward superiors?
2. To Lyndon, knowing important people meant those having money or _______________ or both.
3. What position did Lyndon accept in 1940?
4. Who especially hated FDR in Texas?
5. What did the woman in #136 believe about Lyndon?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)