|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the intent of the letters Lyndon wrote during his time on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee?
(a) Ask for votes.
(b) Raise funds.
(c) Show appreciation.
(d) Support the President.
2. In what manner did Lyndon serve toward superiors?
3. With what project did Lyndon align himself to gain some publicity?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) Civil Rights Law.
(c) The dam project.
(d) Minimum Wage Law.
4. What demeanor did Lyndon continue to exhibit to those under him?
5. What was the tone of the letters Lyndon wrote during his time on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee?
6. The topic of Chapter 32 is _______________.
(d) environmental issues.
7. Lyndon's work on the dam with ________________ solidified a political partnership.
(a) William Buckley.
(b) Herman Brown.
(c) Bud Melville.
(d) Edward Stanton.
8. How did Lyndon's physical appearance change in the years between 1937 and 1941?
(a) He lost a lot of weight.
(b) He went bald.
(c) He grew taller.
(d) He gained weight.
9. What role did Lyndon fill for Congressman Klerberg?
(a) Speech Writer.
(c) Personal Assistant.
10. Who did the people think should replace the person in #121?
(a) Herbert Humphrey.
(b) Mrs. Buchanan.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) William Buckley.
11. What was Sam Rayburn's physical build?
(a) Short and stocky.
(b) Big and tall.
(d) Lean and lanky.
12. What was a decent middle class salary in the 1940s?
(a) A few thousand dollars.
(c) A few hundred dollars.
13. On what committee did Lyndon get a position?
(a) New Deal Committee.
(b) The Committee for Veterans of Foreign Wars.
(c) Environmental Protection Committee.
(d) Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
14. Who won the Senate seat coveted by Lyndon?
(a) Frederick Clark.
(b) Albert Hall.
(c) Willie Starks.
(d) "Pappy" O'Daniel.
15. Who was the U.S. President famous for Fireside Chats?
(a) Calvin Coolidge.
(b) Herbert Hoover.
(c) Theodore Roosevelt.
(d) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What government program did Lyndon not embrace fully?
2. What was Lyndon's behavioral trait for which he was famous in government?
3. A criticism of Lyndon emerged in that he lacked ______________.
4. How did Lyndon show his appreciation to powerful officials during his work with the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee?
5. Why was Sam Rayburn's support important for Lyndon?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)