|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was John Nance Garner's nickname?
(a) Cactus Jack.
(b) Pecos Pete.
(c) Speedy Gonzalez.
(d) Texas Two-Timer.
2. Who did the people think should replace the person in #121?
(a) Mrs. Buchanan.
(b) Lyndon Johnson.
(c) Herbert Humphrey.
(d) William Buckley.
3. What government program did Lyndon not embrace fully?
(a) Civil Rights.
(b) The New Deal.
(c) Women's Right to Vote.
(d) Minimum Wage Laws.
4. In what manner did Lyndon serve toward superiors?
5. What was the first name of the dam in #117?
(a) Colorado Dam.
(b) Marshal Dam.
(c) Rio Dam.
(d) Texas Hill Dam.
6. With what statewide agency was the person in #145 associated?
(a) National Youth Administration.
(b) American Red Cross.
(c) Social Security Administration.
(d) Civilian Conservation Corps.
7. Who was the other important figure in the building of the dam?
(a) Edward Smith.
(b) Alvin Wirtz.
(c) Terence Moore.
(d) William Seward.
8. What environmental issue did Lyndon focus on in his Congressional run?
(a) Marine life.
(b) The ozone layer.
(c) The forks of creeks.
(d) Flood walls.
9. How could Sam Rayburn's personality best be described?
(a) Very strong.
10. Why was Sam Rayburn's support important for Lyndon?
(a) He was the most powerful man in Washington.
(b) Sam knew the North Texas region.
(c) He needed the financial backing.
(d) He was Lyndon's mentor.
11. Lyndon's first year at his post with Congressman Klerberg was which Congress?
12. What demeanor did Lyndon continue to exhibit to those under him?
13. What was the age range of those in the "lost generation"?
14. It was widely understood that Lyndon had no ______________ of his own.
15. Lyndon's political career was a result of ____________________.
(a) being in the right place at the right time.
(b) great fundraising.
(c) constituent loyalty.
(d) relentless striving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the intent of the letters Lyndon wrote during his time on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee?
2. Who was Lyndon's wife?
3. What was the pace of the lifestyle on Capitol Hill?
4. What element of Sam Rayburn's personality was well known?
5. At what age did Lyndon's father, Sam, die?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)