|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the age range of those in the "lost generation"?
2. What did FDR refuse to do with the items that Lyndon sent?
(a) Read them.
(b) Display them.
(c) Archive them.
(d) Sign them.
3. How did Lyndon's physical appearance change in the years between 1937 and 1941?
(a) He lost a lot of weight.
(b) He gained weight.
(c) He grew taller.
(d) He went bald.
4. Whose support did Lyndon garner with his association with this project?
5. At what age did Lyndon's father, Sam, die?
6. How many aides did Lyndon have while working for Congressman Klerberg?
7. What was John Nance Garner's nickname?
(a) Pecos Pete.
(b) Cactus Jack.
(c) Texas Two-Timer.
(d) Speedy Gonzalez.
8. Which business group wanted tax benefits and protection from regulation?
(d) Steel industry.
9. What environmental issue did Lyndon focus on in his Congressional run?
(a) The ozone layer.
(b) Marine life.
(c) Flood walls.
(d) The forks of creeks.
10. Lyndon's work on the dam with ________________ solidified a political partnership.
(a) William Buckley.
(b) Edward Stanton.
(c) Bud Melville.
(d) Herman Brown.
11. It was widely understood that Lyndon had no ______________ of his own.
12. With what woman did Lyndon become infatuated during this period?
(a) Alice Glass.
(b) Delores Stanton.
(c) Elaine Morgan.
(d) Sara Roosevelt.
13. Why was Sam Rayburn's support important for Lyndon?
(a) Sam knew the North Texas region.
(b) He needed the financial backing.
(c) He was Lyndon's mentor.
(d) He was the most powerful man in Washington.
14. Lyndon was always working to __________________.
(a) further the cause of poor people.
(b) lay groundwork for future interactions.
(c) secure deals with bankers.
(d) improve environmental protection efforts.
15. What was it called when a campaign contributor siphoned money from more than one of his businesses to make a contribution?
(a) A finagle.
(b) A tax write off.
(c) A boondoggle.
(d) Standard practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the predominant crop in the Texas Hill Country?
2. What items did Lyndon send to FDR?
3. Who was the other important figure in the building of the dam?
4. What was Sam Rayburn's physical build?
5. What was the first name of the dam in #117?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)