|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which business group wanted tax benefits and protection from regulation?
(d) Steel industry.
2. What was the tone of the letters Lyndon wrote during his time on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee?
3. Whose needs did Lyndon always serve first?
(a) His campaign staff.
(b) The important people.
(c) His family.
(d) The disenfranchised.
4. Whose death left an open Congressional seat desired by Lyndon?
(a) William Buckley.
(b) James Buchanan.
(c) Edward Stanton.
(d) Alfred Morton.
5. On what committee did Lyndon get a position?
(a) The Committee for Veterans of Foreign Wars.
(b) Environmental Protection Committee.
(c) Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
(d) New Deal Committee.
6. What was Sam Rayburn's physical build?
(a) Lean and lanky.
(b) Short and stocky.
(d) Big and tall.
7. What utility is the topic in Chapter 27, "The Sad Irons"?
8. Who was Franklin Roosevelt's wife?
9. What role did Lyndon fill for Congressman Klerberg?
(c) Personal Assistant.
(d) Speech Writer.
10. With what woman did Lyndon become infatuated during this period?
(a) Alice Glass.
(b) Elaine Morgan.
(c) Sara Roosevelt.
(d) Delores Stanton.
11. In what year did Lyndon win his first Congressional seat?
12. With whom did politicians have to struggle as noted in Chapter 28, "I'll Get It for You"?
(a) Utilities companies.
(b) Social services agencies.
13. Lyndon made progress by befriending people with offices in the White House and _________________.
(a) the Texas legislature.
(b) Capitol Hill.
(c) the Texas governor's office.
(d) the New Deal office.
14. What was the intent of the letters Lyndon wrote during his time on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee?
(a) Raise funds.
(b) Ask for votes.
(c) Support the President.
(d) Show appreciation.
15. The dam built in the Hill Country of Texas was built to control flooding along what river?
(a) The Colorado River.
(b) The Red Rocks River.
(c) The Rio Grande River.
(d) The Monongahela River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lyndon's political career was a result of ____________________.
2. What demeanor did Lyndon continue to exhibit to those under him?
3. What challenge did Lyndon have when trying to attain the Congressional seat?
4. With what statewide agency was the person in #145 associated?
5. What environmental issue did Lyndon focus on in his Congressional run?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)