|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was widely understood that Lyndon had no ______________ of his own.
2. Who was an important figure in the building of the dam?
(a) Herman Brown.
(b) James Everman.
(c) Donald Swenson.
(d) Tyler Moore.
3. Lyndon had an incredible ability to charm ___________________.
(a) little old ladies.
(b) his wife.
(c) powerful older men.
(d) little girls.
4. What percentage of his district voted for Lyndon in the Congressional election?
5. What was Lyndon's first main task while working for Congressman Klerberg?
(a) Scheduling constituent meetings.
(b) Making travel arrangements.
(c) Handling the mail.
(d) Writing news releases.
6. Why did Lyndon feel it necessary to show appreciation to powerful officials?
(a) To show humility.
(b) To show off.
(c) To secure relationships.
(d) To validate positions.
7. What was the tone of the letters Lyndon wrote during his time on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee?
8. What was the age range of those in the "lost generation"?
9. What environmental issue did Lyndon focus on in his Congressional run?
(a) Flood walls.
(b) The forks of creeks.
(c) Marine life.
(d) The ozone layer.
10. Whose needs did Lyndon always serve first?
(a) His family.
(b) His campaign staff.
(c) The important people.
(d) The disenfranchised.
11. To Lyndon, knowing important people meant those having money or _______________ or both.
(a) big houses.
(b) political clout.
(d) good ancestors.
12. What did FDR refuse to do with the items that Lyndon sent?
(a) Display them.
(b) Read them.
(c) Archive them.
(d) Sign them.
13. Lyndon's work on the dam with ________________ solidified a political partnership.
(a) William Buckley.
(b) Edward Stanton.
(c) Bud Melville.
(d) Herman Brown.
14. What position did Sam Rayburn hold in Washington?
(a) Speaker of the House.
(b) Vice President.
(c) Attorney General.
(d) Treasury Secretary.
15. The dam built in the Hill Country of Texas was built to control flooding along what river?
(a) The Colorado River.
(b) The Rio Grande River.
(c) The Red Rocks River.
(d) The Monongahela River.
Short Answer Questions
1. People came to realize that Sam Rayburn was _________________.
2. Lyndon was always working to __________________.
3. With whom did politicians have to struggle as noted in Chapter 28, "I'll Get It for You"?
4. What demeanor did Lyndon continue to exhibit to those under him?
5. Who did the people think should replace the person in #121?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)