|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the U.S. President famous for Fireside Chats?
(a) Theodore Roosevelt.
(b) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(c) Herbert Hoover.
(d) Calvin Coolidge.
2. How did Lyndon get to meet FDR?
(a) By sending a complimentary letter.
(b) By sponsoring New Deal initiatives.
(c) By heading up the Democratic National Convention.
(d) By being on the Committee to Re-Elect the President.
3. To Lyndon, knowing important people meant those having money or _______________ or both.
(a) big houses.
(c) political clout.
(d) good ancestors.
4. Why was Sam Rayburn's support important for Lyndon?
(a) Sam knew the North Texas region.
(b) He needed the financial backing.
(c) He was the most powerful man in Washington.
(d) He was Lyndon's mentor.
5. What percentage of his district voted for Lyndon in the Congressional election?
6. What was the age range of those in the "lost generation"?
7. What items did Lyndon send to FDR?
(b) Secret files.
8. What utility is the topic in Chapter 27, "The Sad Irons"?
9. Which business group wanted tax benefits and protection from regulation?
(d) Steel industry.
10. How many aides did Lyndon have while working for Congressman Klerberg?
11. What was Sam Rayburn's physical build?
(a) Short and stocky.
(b) Big and tall.
(c) Lean and lanky.
12. A criticism of Lyndon emerged in that he lacked ______________.
13. From which region of Texas did Lyndon garner the most support?
(a) Dallas Metropolitan Area.
(b) Texas Hill Country.
(c) Padre Island.
(d) The Texas Panhandle.
14. Who was Franklin Roosevelt's wife?
15. Who did the people think should replace the person in #121?
(a) Mrs. Buchanan.
(b) Lyndon Johnson.
(c) William Buckley.
(d) Herbert Humphrey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role did Lyndon fill for Congressman Klerberg?
2. Lyndon was always working to __________________.
3. People came to realize that Sam Rayburn was _________________.
4. What environmental issue did Lyndon focus on in his Congressional run?
5. The dam built in the Hill Country of Texas was built to control flooding along what river?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)