|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Lyndon's wife?
(b) Lady Bird.
(c) Linda Bird.
2. How did Lyndon's physical appearance change in the years between 1937 and 1941?
(a) He went bald.
(b) He lost a lot of weight.
(c) He grew taller.
(d) He gained weight.
3. Whose support did Lyndon garner with his association with this project?
4. Which Senior Senator from Texas died, freeing up a seat Lyndon coveted?
(a) Philip Stanton.
(b) Edward Morrissey.
(c) Morris Sheppard.
(d) Albert Hall.
5. How many aides did Lyndon have while working for Congressman Klerberg?
6. With what woman did Lyndon become infatuated during this period?
(a) Elaine Morgan.
(b) Sara Roosevelt.
(c) Alice Glass.
(d) Delores Stanton.
7. In what manner did Lyndon serve toward superiors?
8. Who was the other important figure in the building of the dam?
(a) Edward Smith.
(b) Terence Moore.
(c) Alvin Wirtz.
(d) William Seward.
9. What did the woman in #136 believe about Lyndon?
(a) He would leave his wife for her.
(b) He would run for President one day.
(c) He was full of bull.
(d) He was interested in helping others.
10. What was John Nance Garner's nickname?
(a) Cactus Jack.
(b) Pecos Pete.
(c) Speedy Gonzalez.
(d) Texas Two-Timer.
11. What district in Texas did Lyndon represent?
12. Why was Sam Rayburn's support important for Lyndon?
(a) Sam knew the North Texas region.
(b) He was Lyndon's mentor.
(c) He needed the financial backing.
(d) He was the most powerful man in Washington.
13. Lyndon had an incredible ability to charm ___________________.
(a) powerful older men.
(b) little old ladies.
(c) little girls.
(d) his wife.
14. With what project did Lyndon align himself to gain some publicity?
(a) The dam project.
(b) Minimum Wage Law.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) Civil Rights Law.
15. What element of Sam Rayburn's personality was well known?
(a) His brooding.
(b) His compassion.
(c) His sense of humor.
(d) His temper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of his district voted for Lyndon in the Congressional election?
2. Who did the woman in #136 invite to Longlea as house guests to prove a point?
3. With whom did politicians have to struggle as noted in Chapter 28, "I'll Get It for You"?
4. Which business group wanted tax benefits and protection from regulation?
5. On what committee did Lyndon get a position?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)