|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was it called when a campaign contributor siphoned money from more than one of his businesses to make a contribution?
(a) A boondoggle.
(b) Standard practice.
(c) A tax write off.
(d) A finagle.
2. Who was an important figure in the building of the dam?
(a) James Everman.
(b) Donald Swenson.
(c) Herman Brown.
(d) Tyler Moore.
3. Lyndon's Congressional campaign intentionally appealed to __________________.
(b) oil companies.
(d) the poor.
4. Who especially hated FDR in Texas?
(a) Some industry leaders.
(d) Working men.
5. What organization within the government did Lyndon revitalize?
(a) The New Deal.
(b) Social Security Administration.
(c) Little Congress.
(d) The House of Representatives.
6. In what year did Lyndon win his first Congressional seat?
7. What was John Nance Garner's nickname?
(a) Texas Two-Timer.
(b) Cactus Jack.
(c) Pecos Pete.
(d) Speedy Gonzalez.
8. Who was the older man who was especially vulnerable to Lyndon's charming ways?
(a) Edward Miller.
(b) William Buckley.
(c) Charles Marsh.
(d) Frederick Clark.
9. Which Senior Senator from Texas died, freeing up a seat Lyndon coveted?
(a) Philip Stanton.
(b) Edward Morrissey.
(c) Albert Hall.
(d) Morris Sheppard.
10. What was the predominant crop in the Texas Hill Country?
11. What district in Texas did Lyndon represent?
12. What challenge did Lyndon have when trying to attain the Congressional seat?
(a) No one knew who he was.
(b) He was not politically savvy.
(c) His wife did not like politics.
(d) He did not have the money to run a campaign.
13. The woman in #136 was said to have been a/an ___________ princess.
14. Who was known for being a masterful fundraiser?
(a) Alan Johnson.
(b) Tommy Corcoran.
(c) Joe Grilliot.
(d) Philip Marsden.
15. Lyndon was always working to __________________.
(a) lay groundwork for future interactions.
(b) secure deals with bankers.
(c) improve environmental protection efforts.
(d) further the cause of poor people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lyndon's behavioral trait for which he was famous in government?
2. What organization did Mrs. Roosevelt help to establish for the "lost generation"?
3. What had really helped the people in Lyndon's district by this time?
4. Lyndon's first year at his post with Congressman Klerberg was which Congress?
5. The dam built in the Hill Country of Texas was built to control flooding along what river?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)