|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A criticism of Lyndon emerged in that he lacked ______________.
2. On what committee did Lyndon get a position?
(a) Environmental Protection Committee.
(b) Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
(c) The Committee for Veterans of Foreign Wars.
(d) New Deal Committee.
3. What did the woman in #136 believe about Lyndon?
(a) He would run for President one day.
(b) He would leave his wife for her.
(c) He was full of bull.
(d) He was interested in helping others.
4. The dam built in the Hill Country of Texas was built to control flooding along what river?
(a) The Monongahela River.
(b) The Red Rocks River.
(c) The Rio Grande River.
(d) The Colorado River.
5. Who was known for being a masterful fundraiser?
(a) Joe Grilliot.
(b) Alan Johnson.
(c) Philip Marsden.
(d) Tommy Corcoran.
6. What was the name of Charles Marsh's country estate?
(a) The Marshlands.
(b) Green Acres.
(c) Meadow Birch.
7. What position did Sam Rayburn hold in Washington?
(a) Treasury Secretary.
(b) Vice President.
(c) Speaker of the House.
(d) Attorney General.
8. How did Lyndon come to be known?
(b) L.B. Johnson.
9. What percentage of his district voted for Lyndon in the Congressional election?
10. Who especially hated FDR in Texas?
(a) Working men.
(b) Some industry leaders.
11. From which region of Texas did Lyndon garner the most support?
(a) Texas Hill Country.
(b) Dallas Metropolitan Area.
(c) The Texas Panhandle.
(d) Padre Island.
12. What had really helped the people in Lyndon's district by this time?
(a) Expanding oil business.
(b) Minimum Wage Laws.
(c) The New Deal.
(d) New ranching techniques.
13. In what manner did Lyndon serve toward superiors?
14. Whose support did Lyndon garner with his association with this project?
15. Who was an important figure in the building of the dam?
(a) Donald Swenson.
(b) Tyler Moore.
(c) Herman Brown.
(d) James Everman.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years had the person in #169 held the Senate seat?
2. Lyndon's political career was a result of ____________________.
3. Who was Lyndon's wife?
4. How could Sam Rayburn's personality best be described?
5. What organization did Mrs. Roosevelt help to establish for the "lost generation"?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)