|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman in #136 was said to have been a/an ___________ princess.
2. Lyndon's work on the dam with ________________ solidified a political partnership.
(a) William Buckley.
(b) Herman Brown.
(c) Bud Melville.
(d) Edward Stanton.
3. Whose death left an open Congressional seat desired by Lyndon?
(a) James Buchanan.
(b) Edward Stanton.
(c) Alfred Morton.
(d) William Buckley.
4. Who was known for being a masterful fundraiser?
(a) Alan Johnson.
(b) Tommy Corcoran.
(c) Joe Grilliot.
(d) Philip Marsden.
5. What did the woman in #136 believe about Lyndon?
(a) He would run for President one day.
(b) He would leave his wife for her.
(c) He was interested in helping others.
(d) He was full of bull.
6. It was widely understood that Lyndon had no ______________ of his own.
7. Whose needs did Lyndon always serve first?
(a) His campaign staff.
(b) His family.
(c) The important people.
(d) The disenfranchised.
8. What was Sam Rayburn's physical build?
(a) Lean and lanky.
(b) Short and stocky.
(c) Big and tall.
9. Lyndon's first year at his post with Congressman Klerberg was which Congress?
10. What district in Texas did Lyndon represent?
11. By 1940 it had been observed that whoever _____________________ usually wins the election.
(a) spends more money.
(b) has a clean personal record.
(c) is the underdog.
(d) has a higher profile.
12. Who is the assistant that Lyndon gets appointed to a permanent position in a statewide agency?
(a) Clayton Burgess.
(b) Jesse Kellam.
(c) Michael Weston.
(d) James Hall.
13. What was the name of Charles Marsh's country estate?
(a) The Marshlands.
(b) Meadow Birch.
(c) Green Acres.
14. With what statewide agency was the person in #145 associated?
(a) American Red Cross.
(b) National Youth Administration.
(c) Civilian Conservation Corps.
(d) Social Security Administration.
15. What was the intent of the letters Lyndon wrote during his time on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee?
(a) Support the President.
(b) Show appreciation.
(c) Ask for votes.
(d) Raise funds.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what project did Lyndon align himself to gain some publicity?
2. Who was Franklin Roosevelt's wife?
3. At what age did Lyndon's father, Sam, die?
4. What had really helped the people in Lyndon's district by this time?
5. What role did Lyndon fill for Congressman Klerberg?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)