|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a decent middle class salary in the 1940s?
(b) A few thousand dollars.
(d) A few hundred dollars.
2. From which region of Texas did Lyndon garner the most support?
(a) Padre Island.
(b) Texas Hill Country.
(c) Dallas Metropolitan Area.
(d) The Texas Panhandle.
3. What organization within the government did Lyndon revitalize?
(a) Social Security Administration.
(b) Little Congress.
(c) The House of Representatives.
(d) The New Deal.
4. At what age did Lyndon's father, Sam, die?
5. With what project did Lyndon align himself to gain some publicity?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) Minimum Wage Law.
(c) Civil Rights Law.
(d) The dam project.
6. What district in Texas did Lyndon represent?
7. What was Lyndon's behavioral trait for which he was famous in government?
(a) Being a follower.
(b) Being loyal to a fault.
(c) Being innovative.
(d) Being shifty.
8. Who especially hated FDR in Texas?
(a) Some industry leaders.
(c) Working men.
9. Whose support did Lyndon garner with his association with this project?
10. What items did Lyndon send to FDR?
(b) Secret files.
11. What challenge did Lyndon have when trying to attain the Congressional seat?
(a) No one knew who he was.
(b) He was not politically savvy.
(c) His wife did not like politics.
(d) He did not have the money to run a campaign.
12. What organization did Mrs. Roosevelt help to establish for the "lost generation"?
(a) The National Endowment for the Arts.
(b) The Social Security Administration.
(c) The New Deal.
(d) The National Youth Administration.
13. Who was the other important figure in the building of the dam?
(a) Edward Smith.
(b) William Seward.
(c) Terence Moore.
(d) Alvin Wirtz.
14. Who were the members of the "lost generation"?
(a) The children of The New Deal.
(b) Poets and artists who lived off benefactors.
(c) Young adults who left school but had no jobs to go to.
(d) The men returning from World War I.
15. What element of Sam Rayburn's personality was well known?
(a) His brooding.
(b) His sense of humor.
(c) His compassion.
(d) His temper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was known for being a masterful fundraiser?
2. What role did Lyndon fill for Congressman Klerberg?
3. What had really helped the people in Lyndon's district by this time?
4. How did Lyndon get to meet FDR?
5. What was the first name of the dam in #117?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)