|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The topic of Chapter 32 is _______________.
(a) environmental issues.
2. What utility is the topic in Chapter 27, "The Sad Irons"?
3. In what manner did Lyndon serve toward superiors?
4. How did Lyndon's physical appearance change in the years between 1937 and 1941?
(a) He lost a lot of weight.
(b) He grew taller.
(c) He went bald.
(d) He gained weight.
5. Lyndon's political career was a result of ____________________.
(a) constituent loyalty.
(b) great fundraising.
(c) being in the right place at the right time.
(d) relentless striving.
6. From which region of Texas did Lyndon garner the most support?
(a) Dallas Metropolitan Area.
(b) Texas Hill Country.
(c) The Texas Panhandle.
(d) Padre Island.
7. At what age did Lyndon's father, Sam, die?
8. How could Sam Rayburn's personality best be described?
(b) Very strong.
9. With what project did Lyndon align himself to gain some publicity?
(a) The dam project.
(b) Civil Rights Law.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) Minimum Wage Law.
10. What was Lyndon's first main task while working for Congressman Klerberg?
(a) Writing news releases.
(b) Handling the mail.
(c) Scheduling constituent meetings.
(d) Making travel arrangements.
11. With what woman did Lyndon become infatuated during this period?
(a) Alice Glass.
(b) Elaine Morgan.
(c) Delores Stanton.
(d) Sara Roosevelt.
12. What did FDR refuse to do with the items that Lyndon sent?
(a) Display them.
(b) Read them.
(c) Archive them.
(d) Sign them.
13. What did the woman in #136 believe about Lyndon?
(a) He was full of bull.
(b) He was interested in helping others.
(c) He would leave his wife for her.
(d) He would run for President one day.
14. What element of Sam Rayburn's personality was well known?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) His compassion.
(c) His brooding.
(d) His temper.
15. To Lyndon, knowing important people meant those having money or _______________ or both.
(b) good ancestors.
(c) big houses.
(d) political clout.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the pace of the lifestyle on Capitol Hill?
2. Lyndon's work on the dam with ________________ solidified a political partnership.
3. What was the name of Charles Marsh's country estate?
4. Who was Lyndon's wife?
5. What role did Lyndon fill for Congressman Klerberg?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)