|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What challenge did Lyndon have when trying to attain the Congressional seat?
(a) His wife did not like politics.
(b) No one knew who he was.
(c) He was not politically savvy.
(d) He did not have the money to run a campaign.
2. With what project did Lyndon align himself to gain some publicity?
(a) Minimum Wage Law.
(b) Civil Rights Law.
(c) The dam project.
(d) The Vietnam War.
3. With whom did politicians have to struggle as noted in Chapter 28, "I'll Get It for You"?
(b) Utilities companies.
(d) Social services agencies.
4. Lyndon's Congressional campaign intentionally appealed to __________________.
(a) oil companies.
(b) the poor.
5. Whose needs did Lyndon always serve first?
(a) His family.
(b) The important people.
(c) The disenfranchised.
(d) His campaign staff.
6. What was it called when a campaign contributor siphoned money from more than one of his businesses to make a contribution?
(a) Standard practice.
(b) A tax write off.
(c) A boondoggle.
(d) A finagle.
7. Lyndon was always working to __________________.
(a) further the cause of poor people.
(b) lay groundwork for future interactions.
(c) improve environmental protection efforts.
(d) secure deals with bankers.
8. For how many years had the person in #169 held the Senate seat?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 33 years.
(c) 27 years.
(d) 41 years.
9. Who did the people think should replace the person in #121?
(a) Herbert Humphrey.
(b) William Buckley.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) Mrs. Buchanan.
10. Who is the assistant that Lyndon gets appointed to a permanent position in a statewide agency?
(a) Michael Weston.
(b) Jesse Kellam.
(c) Clayton Burgess.
(d) James Hall.
11. Who was the U.S. President famous for Fireside Chats?
(a) Herbert Hoover.
(b) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(c) Theodore Roosevelt.
(d) Calvin Coolidge.
12. What role did Lyndon fill for Congressman Klerberg?
(a) Speech Writer.
(c) Personal Assistant.
13. What position did Sam Rayburn hold in Washington?
(a) Treasury Secretary.
(b) Vice President.
(c) Speaker of the House.
(d) Attorney General.
14. What position did Lyndon accept in 1940?
(a) Lieutenant Commander of the U.S. Navy.
(b) Vice President of the U.S.
(c) Governor of Texas.
(d) Speaker of the House of Representatives.
15. How did Lyndon's physical appearance change in the years between 1937 and 1941?
(a) He lost a lot of weight.
(b) He gained weight.
(c) He grew taller.
(d) He went bald.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lyndon get to meet FDR?
2. Who was Franklin Roosevelt's wife?
3. What was a decent middle class salary in the 1940s?
4. What demeanor did Lyndon continue to exhibit to those under him?
5. Who was an important figure in the building of the dam?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)