|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who especially hated FDR in Texas?
(a) Working men.
(c) Some industry leaders.
2. How did Lyndon come to be known?
(d) L.B. Johnson.
3. What was a decent middle class salary in the 1940s?
(b) A few hundred dollars.
(d) A few thousand dollars.
4. What demeanor did Lyndon continue to exhibit to those under him?
5. What percentage of his district voted for Lyndon in the Congressional election?
6. It was widely understood that Lyndon had no ______________ of his own.
7. In what manner did Lyndon serve toward superiors?
8. How many aides did Lyndon have while working for Congressman Klerberg?
9. With what statewide agency was the person in #145 associated?
(a) Social Security Administration.
(b) Civilian Conservation Corps.
(c) National Youth Administration.
(d) American Red Cross.
10. What was the age range of those in the "lost generation"?
11. Which company was the principal source of funds for Lyndon's run for Congress in 1941 and violated IRS contribution rules?
(a) General Electric.
(d) Brown & Root.
12. With what woman did Lyndon become infatuated during this period?
(a) Delores Stanton.
(b) Alice Glass.
(c) Elaine Morgan.
(d) Sara Roosevelt.
13. What element of Sam Rayburn's personality was well known?
(a) His brooding.
(b) His temper.
(c) His sense of humor.
(d) His compassion.
14. How could Sam Rayburn's personality best be described?
(a) Very strong.
15. A criticism of Lyndon emerged in that he lacked ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who won the Senate seat coveted by Lyndon?
2. Which business group wanted tax benefits and protection from regulation?
3. Who was the older man who was especially vulnerable to Lyndon's charming ways?
4. Who did the people think should replace the person in #121?
5. Lyndon was always working to __________________.
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)