|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did few Texans get an education?
(a) The children were needed to work at home.
(b) They died at an early age.
(c) There were no established schools.
(d) They saw no value in book learning.
2. Lyndon's mother and father shared an interest in _____________.
3. Where did Lyndon live while working in the town in #88?
(a) A rented room in a shack.
(b) An adobe hut.
(c) A boardinghouse.
(d) A farmhouse.
4. Who was one of Sam and Eliza's children?
(a) Tex Johnson.
(b) Lyndon Johnson's mother.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) Lyndon Johnson's father.
5. Where is Sam Johnson working in Chapter 6?
(a) An oil company.
(b) A local bank.
(c) The Texas legislature.
(d) The railroad.
6. Sam Johnson's political interest supported _____________.
7. How many children did Sam Ealy Johnson and Eliza Bunton Johnson have?
8. What did Lyndon's mother shy away from?
(c) The sun.
(d) Loud boys.
9. During the time of his family's upheaval, Lyndon transformed into ___________________.
(a) a helpless child.
(b) a good helper.
(c) a junior dictator.
(d) a genius.
10. Who did Sam Johnson fight for for entry into the organization in #67?
11. What was Lyndon's most powerful characteristic at the job in #87?
(a) He cared about people.
(b) He was an engineering genius.
(c) He has great scientific instincts.
(d) He had artistic sensibilities.
12. What shone through the ruined landscape of the Texas Hill Country?
13. What nationality of students did Lyndon teach?
14. Lyndon was notorious for _____________.
(a) his humor.
(c) sailing skills.
(d) public speaking.
15. How was the complexion of the Buntons described?
(a) Ghost white.
(b) Coffee cream.
(c) Chalk white.
(d) Magnolia white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What the people loved most about Sam Johson was __________________________.
2. With whom was Lyndon comfortable meeting?
3. What was prohibitive to many about getting an education?
4. What was one of Sam Johnson's greatest assets?
5. What was one of the jobs of the farmhands on the Johnson farm?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)