|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lyndon's mother and father shared an interest in _____________.
2. What was rare about Lyndon's mother living in the 19th century?
(a) She was a suffragette.
(b) She ran her own business.
(c) She was a nurse.
(d) She was college educated.
3. What form of disobedience did Lyndon show every day?
(a) He would play hookey.
(b) He would set fires in the town.
(c) He would cast off his shoes.
(d) He would steal other kids' lunches.
4. What was one of Sam Johnson's greatest assets?
(a) He had a great sense of humor.
(b) He was a visionary.
(c) He was very generous.
(d) He could stand alone.
5. How many children did Sam Ealy Johnson and Eliza Bunton Johnson have?
6. How old was Lyndon when he was named?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One hour.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three days.
7. For what physical quality are the Bunton men known?
(a) Piercing gaze.
(b) Speech impediment.
(c) Bellowing laugh.
(d) Long arms.
8. Who did Sam Johnson fight for for entry into the organization in #67?
9. Which Bunton was Lyndon's most notable ancestor?
(a) Edward Baines.
(b) John Wheeler Bunton.
(c) Davy Crockett.
(d) Bud Johnson.
10. To what job was Lyndon promoted?
(b) Hospital Administrator.
(c) Vice President of Finance.
(d) Civil Engineer.
11. Of what was the author ignorant when embarking on writing this book?
(a) Lyndon's unpleasant traits.
(b) Lyndon's political deals.
(c) Lyndon's family tree.
(d) Lyndon's academic excellence.
12. What were the hills made of in the area in #10?
13. How much land did the Bunton family still own in the Hill Country of Texas at the time this book was written?
(a) 500 acres.
(b) 200 acres.
(c) 50 acres.
(d) 1,000 acres.
14. How many of Sam and Eliza's children were boys?
15. What nationality of students did Lyndon teach?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a notable quirk of Lyndon's as a child?
2. What was Lyndon's demeanor toward those beneath him?
3. What was prohibitive to many about getting an education?
4. What does the change in the Johnson household do to Lyndon?
5. What was one of the jobs of the farmhands on the Johnson farm?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)