|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which political party did Lyndon's father belong?
(a) The Independent Party.
(b) The Republican Party.
(c) The People's Party.
(d) The Democratic Party.
2. What did Rebekah refuse to do one day until Lyndon was named?
(a) Get out of bed.
(b) Get dressed.
(c) Make breakfast.
(d) Take a bath.
3. Who was a lobbyist for the mine owners?
(a) Spencer Baines.
(b) Roy Miller.
(c) Roger Bush.
(d) James McCall.
4. What was the name of the political group that emerged in the Texas Hill Country?
(a) The Texas Republicans.
(b) The Alamo Society.
(c) The Socialist Texas Society.
(d) The People's Party.
5. Which Bunton was Lyndon's most notable ancestor?
(a) Bud Johnson.
(b) Davy Crockett.
(c) John Wheeler Bunton.
(d) Edward Baines.
6. The Johnsons were as ambitious as the Buntons but lacked ________________.
7. What nickname did Lyndon garner?
8. How long after the animals in #20 were brought to the Texas Hill Country did the landscape deteriorate?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two summers.
9. What happened when the Texas Hill Country was destroyed?
(a) The sun scorched the clay.
(b) The hills washed away.
(c) The grass grew tall.
(d) The locusts ate everything.
10. What was a prominent nationality of a school in Texas?
11. What is one notable thing about the person in #13?
(a) He was President of the U.S.
(b) He was a great scientist.
(c) He was a famous artist.
(d) He was an Indian fighter.
12. What was prohibitive to many about getting an education?
(a) The hours.
(b) The cost.
(c) The language.
(d) The distance.
13. What wrecked the terrain of the Texas Hill Country?
(c) Grazing animals.
14. What was Lyndon's most powerful characteristic at the job in #87?
(a) He has great scientific instincts.
(b) He was an engineering genius.
(c) He cared about people.
(d) He had artistic sensibilities.
15. In what town did Lyndon work?
(c) El Paso.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what physical quality are the Bunton men known?
2. According to Chapter 6, who is "The Best Man I Ever Knew?"
3. Sam Johnson was said to be _____________________.
4. What were the hills made of in the area in #10?
5. What was a key to surviving in the Texas Hill Country?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)