|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Profits dropped so low for the group in #27 that they could not afford to buy _____________.
2. What was Lyndon's demeanor toward those superior to him?
3. Sam Johnson's political interest supported _____________.
4. Into what organization was the organization in #25 eventually absorbed?
(a) The Republican Party.
(b) The Socialist Party.
(c) The Independent Party.
(d) The Democratic Party.
5. How old was Lyndon Johnson when the author wrote about him in the Introduction?
(a) His teens.
(d) Early thirties.
6. What form of disobedience did Lyndon show every day?
(a) He would set fires in the town.
(b) He would cast off his shoes.
(c) He would steal other kids' lunches.
(d) He would play hookey.
7. What was the context of the laws in #69?
(a) Minimum wages for all workers.
(b) Voting rights for women.
(c) The advertising and sales of oil.
(d) Equal rights for all people.
8. What was the name of the political group in the South which did not follow the white-supremacist political route?
(a) The Republicans.
(b) The Libertarians.
(c) The Independents.
(d) The Populists.
9. How long after the animals in #20 were brought to the Texas Hill Country did the landscape deteriorate?
(a) Two summers.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Six months.
10. Why had neither the Spanish nor the Mexicans tried to tame the Texas Hill Country?
(a) It was too hilly.
(b) It was very resistant.
(c) It was desert.
(d) It was too beautiful to tame.
11. What was Lyndon known for being at his college?
(a) The biggest liar.
(b) The most handsome.
(c) The fastest runner.
(d) The best debater.
12. What was Sam Johnson if favor of raising taxes on?
(a) Diamond mines.
(b) Copper mines.
(c) Sulphur mines.
(d) Coal mines.
13. From whom did Lyndon get his first name?
(a) His father's great grandfather.
(b) A lawyer friend of his father's.
(c) His mother's brother.
(d) His mother's father.
14. Who was a lobbyist for the mine owners?
(a) James McCall.
(b) Spencer Baines.
(c) Roy Miller.
(d) Roger Bush.
15. What was rare about Lyndon's mother living in the 19th century?
(a) She was a suffragette.
(b) She was college educated.
(c) She was a nurse.
(d) She ran her own business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Bunton was Lyndon's most notable ancestor?
2. What field had Texas not permitted in its medical association until Sam Johnson fought for it?
3. According to the author, ambition and big ideas can lead to ________________.
4. At what type of job did Lyndon earn a good living?
5. What nationality of students did Lyndon teach?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)