|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after the animals in #20 were brought to the Texas Hill Country did the landscape deteriorate?
(a) Five years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two summers.
2. Lyndon was adept at _______________.
(a) writing theme papers.
(b) adoring his superiors.
(c) playing football.
(d) tutoring other students.
3. What was Lyndon's father's profession?
4. What was Lyndon's most powerful characteristic at the job in #87?
(a) He had artistic sensibilities.
(b) He has great scientific instincts.
(c) He cared about people.
(d) He was an engineering genius.
5. What was one of Sam Johnson's greatest assets?
(a) He had a great sense of humor.
(b) He was very generous.
(c) He was a visionary.
(d) He could stand alone.
6. What organization did the Buntons establish?
(a) The John Birch Society.
(b) The American Red Cross.
(c) The Ku Klux Klan.
(d) Philosophical Society of Texas.
7. What was the name of the political group in the South which did not follow the white-supremacist political route?
(a) The Libertarians.
(b) The Republicans.
(c) The Independents.
(d) The Populists.
8. What element was a great moneymaker for Texas in the first part of the 20th century?
9. What did Rebekah refuse to do one day until Lyndon was named?
(a) Get out of bed.
(b) Take a bath.
(c) Make breakfast.
(d) Get dressed.
10. In the ten years from 1837-1847, the population of the Texas Hill Country grew from 40,000 to _______________.
11. To what job was Lyndon promoted?
(a) Vice President of Finance.
(b) Hospital Administrator.
(c) Civil Engineer.
12. What was a prominent nationality of a school in Texas?
13. During the time of his family's upheaval, Lyndon transformed into ___________________.
(a) a good helper.
(b) a helpless child.
(c) a genius.
(d) a junior dictator.
14. What is one notable thing about the person in #13?
(a) He was an Indian fighter.
(b) He was President of the U.S.
(c) He was a great scientist.
(d) He was a famous artist.
15. What animals did the Johnson Buntons bring to the Texas Hill Country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of the Bunton Johnsons?
2. With what medical organization did Sam Johnson have conflict?
3. What was one of the reasons Lyndon was promoted to the position in #92?
4. What was the context of the laws in #69?
5. With whom did Lyndon carry on a daily correspondence?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)