|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what job was Lyndon promoted?
(b) Hospital Administrator.
(c) Vice President of Finance.
(d) Civil Engineer.
2. Lyndon's interest in the area in #55 was attributed to ______________.
(a) his superior intelligence.
(b) his Bunton ancestors.
(c) his interest in animals.
(d) growing up as an only child.
3. What was a key to surviving in the Texas Hill Country?
(a) Installing irrigation.
(b) Understanding the Comanche people.
(c) Learning how to rotate crops.
(d) Building sod houses.
4. With what medical organization did Sam Johnson have conflict?
(a) The Surgeon General's Office.
(b) Texas Medical Association.
(c) American Medical Association.
(d) Johns Hopkins Hospital.
5. In what did Lyndon show interest as a boy?
6. With whom was Lyndon comfortable meeting?
(b) Only politicians.
(c) All types of people.
(d) Texans of all walks of life.
7. What was prohibitive to many about getting an education?
(a) The distance.
(b) The hours.
(c) The language.
(d) The cost.
8. What shone through the ruined landscape of the Texas Hill Country?
9. Who was a lobbyist for the mine owners?
(a) Spencer Baines.
(b) Roy Miller.
(c) Roger Bush.
(d) James McCall.
10. How old was Lyndon when his family's dynamic changed?
11. What nationality of students did Lyndon teach?
12. Which Bunton was Lyndon's most notable ancestor?
(a) Edward Baines.
(b) Bud Johnson.
(c) John Wheeler Bunton.
(d) Davy Crockett.
13. What element was a great moneymaker for Texas in the first part of the 20th century?
14. Why had neither the Spanish nor the Mexicans tried to tame the Texas Hill Country?
(a) It was too hilly.
(b) It was desert.
(c) It was very resistant.
(d) It was too beautiful to tame.
15. Which of the following was a character attribute of the Buntons?
(a) Fiery temperament.
(b) Sullen demeanor.
(c) Meek temperament.
(d) Retiring manners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was rare about Lyndon's mother living in the 19th century?
2. How old was Lyndon when he was named?
3. Who did Sam Johnson fight for for entry into the organization in #67?
4. Where did Lyndon live while working in the town in #88?
5. Lyndon's mother and father shared an interest in _____________.
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)