|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what town did Lyndon work?
(a) El Paso.
2. What was a notable quirk of Lyndon's as a child?
(a) He ran away a lot.
(b) He had a photographic memory.
(c) He could do magic tricks.
(d) He was good at telling jokes.
3. What characteristic of Lyndon's was the author ignorant of before writing this book?
4. Lyndon was notorious for _____________.
(a) sailing skills.
(b) his humor.
(c) public speaking.
5. According to Chapter 6, who is "The Best Man I Ever Knew?"
(a) Sam Bunton.
(b) Lyndon Johnson.
(c) Sam Johnson.
(d) Andrew Baines.
6. From what state did Lyndon come?
(c) New Mexico.
7. For what physical quality are the Bunton men known?
(a) Piercing gaze.
(b) Bellowing laugh.
(c) Speech impediment.
(d) Long arms.
8. How many of Sam and Eliza's children were boys?
9. With whom was Lyndon comfortable meeting?
(a) Only politicians.
(b) All types of people.
(d) Texans of all walks of life.
10. What was Sam Johnson if favor of raising taxes on?
(a) Sulphur mines.
(b) Copper mines.
(c) Diamond mines.
(d) Coal mines.
11. Which of the following was a character attribute of the Buntons?
(a) Fiery temperament.
(b) Meek temperament.
(c) Retiring manners.
(d) Sullen demeanor.
12. Who was Lyndon's mother?
13. What did Lyndon's mother shy away from?
(a) The sun.
(d) Loud boys.
14. Where did Lyndon get his middle name--Baines?
(a) It was Sam's father's name.
(b) It was Rebekah's father's name.
(c) It was Sam's best friend's name.
(d) It was Rebekah's maiden name.
15. Profits dropped so low for the group in #27 that they could not afford to buy _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which political party did Lyndon's father belong?
2. What does the change in the Johnson household do to Lyndon?
3. Sam Johnson was said to be _____________________.
4. The Buntons were known for _____________.
5. What was Lyndon's father's profession?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)