|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Lyndon when his family's dynamic changed?
2. Lyndon's mother and father shared an interest in _____________.
3. What was the profession of the Bunton Johnsons?
4. From whom did Lyndon get his first name?
(a) His mother's brother.
(b) A lawyer friend of his father's.
(c) His father's great grandfather.
(d) His mother's father.
5. In what did Lyndon show interest as a boy?
6. In the ten years from 1837-1847, the population of the Texas Hill Country grew from 40,000 to _______________.
7. What was the name of another political group that became popular during this time?
(a) The Nationalists.
(b) The Alliance.
(c) The Tories.
(d) The Whigs.
8. How many children did Sam Ealy Johnson and Eliza Bunton Johnson have?
9. What is one notable thing about the person in #13?
(a) He was a famous artist.
(b) He was President of the U.S.
(c) He was a great scientist.
(d) He was an Indian fighter.
10. The Johnsons were as ambitious as the Buntons but lacked ________________.
11. Which group was the organization in #25 established to help?
12. In what town did Lyndon work?
(c) El Paso.
13. Where did Lyndon live while working in the town in #88?
(a) A boardinghouse.
(b) An adobe hut.
(c) A farmhouse.
(d) A rented room in a shack.
14. What the people loved most about Sam Johson was __________________________.
(a) that they knew where he stood on everything.
(b) that he had a good education.
(c) that he was a regular guy.
(d) that he was a good husband and father.
15. Lyndon's mother was ___________________________ in the Texas Hill Country.
(a) the most beautiful woman.
(b) the most highly literate woman.
(c) the best woman gunsmith.
(d) the best public speaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lyndon's demeanor toward those beneath him?
2. What animals did the Johnson Buntons bring to the Texas Hill Country?
3. What did Lyndon's mother shy away from?
4. For what physical quality are the Bunton men known?
5. What shone through the ruined landscape of the Texas Hill Country?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)