|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what medical organization did Sam Johnson have conflict?
(a) Texas Medical Association.
(b) The Surgeon General's Office.
(c) American Medical Association.
(d) Johns Hopkins Hospital.
2. What happened when the Texas Hill Country was destroyed?
(a) The sun scorched the clay.
(b) The hills washed away.
(c) The locusts ate everything.
(d) The grass grew tall.
3. According to Chapter 6, who is "The Best Man I Ever Knew?"
(a) Sam Bunton.
(b) Sam Johnson.
(c) Andrew Baines.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
4. How were Sam and Lyndon's marriages characterized?
(a) They were reasonably happy but did not marry their first choice.
(b) They got everything they wanted in marriage and in their lives.
(c) They learned to adapt to marriage the best they could.
(d) They divorced after early marriages.
5. From what state did Lyndon come?
(a) New Mexico.
6. How old was Lyndon Johnson when the author wrote about him in the Introduction?
(b) Early thirties.
(c) His teens.
7. Lyndon's interest in the area in #55 was attributed to ______________.
(a) his Bunton ancestors.
(b) his interest in animals.
(c) growing up as an only child.
(d) his superior intelligence.
8. What was Sam Johnson if favor of raising taxes on?
(a) Sulphur mines.
(b) Copper mines.
(c) Diamond mines.
(d) Coal mines.
9. What organization did the Buntons establish?
(a) The Ku Klux Klan.
(b) Philosophical Society of Texas.
(c) The John Birch Society.
(d) The American Red Cross.
10. Lyndon's mother and father shared an interest in _____________.
11. At what type of job did Lyndon earn a good living?
12. What form of disobedience did Lyndon show every day?
(a) He would play hookey.
(b) He would set fires in the town.
(c) He would cast off his shoes.
(d) He would steal other kids' lunches.
13. In what town did Lyndon work?
(a) El Paso.
14. What was the name of another political group that became popular during this time?
(a) The Alliance.
(b) The Whigs.
(c) The Nationalists.
(d) The Tories.
15. What was one of the reasons Lyndon was promoted to the position in #92?
(a) He asked for the job.
(b) He was a man.
(c) He was the only one who accepted.
(d) He went to Harvard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dynamic occurs in the Sam Johnson household?
2. How much land did the Bunton family still own in the Hill Country of Texas at the time this book was written?
3. How many of Sam and Eliza's children were boys?
4. What did Lyndon's mother shy away from?
5. How old was Lyndon when he was named?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)