|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Lyndon's mother?
2. Where did Lyndon live while working in the town in #88?
(a) A boardinghouse.
(b) A rented room in a shack.
(c) A farmhouse.
(d) An adobe hut.
3. How was the complexion of the Buntons described?
(a) Magnolia white.
(b) Ghost white.
(c) Chalk white.
(d) Coffee cream.
4. Which group was the organization in #25 established to help?
5. Who did Sam Johnson fight for for entry into the organization in #67?
6. What dynamic occurs in the Sam Johnson household?
(a) An adopted child.
(b) A death of a child.
(c) A downturn in finances.
(d) A move to Maine.
7. What was Lyndon's father's name?
8. What organization did the Buntons establish?
(a) Philosophical Society of Texas.
(b) The Ku Klux Klan.
(c) The American Red Cross.
(d) The John Birch Society.
9. Why had neither the Spanish nor the Mexicans tried to tame the Texas Hill Country?
(a) It was too hilly.
(b) It was too beautiful to tame.
(c) It was desert.
(d) It was very resistant.
10. What is one notable thing about the person in #13?
(a) He was President of the U.S.
(b) He was an Indian fighter.
(c) He was a famous artist.
(d) He was a great scientist.
11. What does the change in the Johnson household do to Lyndon?
(a) It makes him more sympathetic.
(b) It makes him run away from home for good.
(c) It makes him shy and retiring.
(d) It alters his respect for his parents.
12. What was rare about Lyndon's mother living in the 19th century?
(a) She was college educated.
(b) She was a nurse.
(c) She was a suffragette.
(d) She ran her own business.
13. What was Lyndon's demeanor toward those beneath him?
(a) A bully.
14. What animals did the Johnson Buntons bring to the Texas Hill Country?
15. For what physical quality are the Bunton men known?
(a) Bellowing laugh.
(b) Piercing gaze.
(c) Long arms.
(d) Speech impediment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam Johnson's political interest supported _____________.
2. How old was Lyndon Johnson when the author wrote about him in the Introduction?
3. When was the organization in #25 established?
4. How were Sam and Lyndon's marriages characterized?
5. How long after the animals in #20 were brought to the Texas Hill Country did the landscape deteriorate?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)