|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were Sam and Lyndon's marriages characterized?
(a) They were reasonably happy but did not marry their first choice.
(b) They divorced after early marriages.
(c) They learned to adapt to marriage the best they could.
(d) They got everything they wanted in marriage and in their lives.
2. What was a prominent nationality of a school in Texas?
3. What was Lyndon's father's profession?
4. What was one of the jobs of the farmhands on the Johnson farm?
(a) To chaperone on Lyndon's dates.
(b) To take Lyndon to school.
(c) To help Lyndon with his homework.
(d) To find Lyndon when he went missing.
5. How many children did Sam Ealy Johnson and Eliza Bunton Johnson have?
6. What was one of the reasons Lyndon was promoted to the position in #92?
(a) He went to Harvard.
(b) He was the only one who accepted.
(c) He asked for the job.
(d) He was a man.
7. What was the name of another political group that became popular during this time?
(a) The Alliance.
(b) The Nationalists.
(c) The Tories.
(d) The Whigs.
8. What animals did the Johnson Buntons bring to the Texas Hill Country?
9. Lyndon's interest in the area in #55 was attributed to ______________.
(a) his Bunton ancestors.
(b) his superior intelligence.
(c) growing up as an only child.
(d) his interest in animals.
10. In what did Lyndon show interest as a boy?
11. How long after the animals in #20 were brought to the Texas Hill Country did the landscape deteriorate?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two summers.
12. In what town did Lyndon work?
(d) El Paso.
13. Why had neither the Spanish nor the Mexicans tried to tame the Texas Hill Country?
(a) It was too beautiful to tame.
(b) It was desert.
(c) It was too hilly.
(d) It was very resistant.
14. Where did Lyndon live while working in the town in #88?
(a) A rented room in a shack.
(b) A farmhouse.
(c) A boardinghouse.
(d) An adobe hut.
15. How was the complexion of the Buntons described?
(a) Magnolia white.
(b) Ghost white.
(c) Chalk white.
(d) Coffee cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession did Lyndon's father later aspire to?
2. What was prohibitive to many about getting an education?
3. Who was Lyndon's mother?
4. What the people loved most about Sam Johson was __________________________.
5. What quality of his father's did Lyndon imitate?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)