|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Sam and Eliza's children were boys?
2. What form of disobedience did Lyndon show every day?
(a) He would steal other kids' lunches.
(b) He would play hookey.
(c) He would cast off his shoes.
(d) He would set fires in the town.
3. In what did Lyndon show interest as a boy?
4. With what medical organization did Sam Johnson have conflict?
(a) The Surgeon General's Office.
(b) American Medical Association.
(c) Texas Medical Association.
(d) Johns Hopkins Hospital.
5. At what type of job did Lyndon earn a good living?
6. What quality of his father's did Lyndon imitate?
(a) Money management skills.
(b) Public speaking skills.
(c) Leadership skills.
(d) Joke-telling skills.
7. Where is Sam Johnson working in Chapter 6?
(a) The Texas legislature.
(b) The railroad.
(c) An oil company.
(d) A local bank.
8. Which group was the organization in #25 established to help?
9. What was the name of the political group in the South which did not follow the white-supremacist political route?
(a) The Independents.
(b) The Populists.
(c) The Republicans.
(d) The Libertarians.
10. What was one of Sam Johnson's greatest assets?
(a) He was a visionary.
(b) He had a great sense of humor.
(c) He could stand alone.
(d) He was very generous.
11. What nationality of students did Lyndon teach?
12. What was Lyndon's demeanor toward those beneath him?
(b) A bully.
13. Into what organization was the organization in #25 eventually absorbed?
(a) The Socialist Party.
(b) The Independent Party.
(c) The Democratic Party.
(d) The Republican Party.
14. How was the complexion of the Buntons described?
(a) Magnolia white.
(b) Ghost white.
(c) Coffee cream.
(d) Chalk white.
15. Who was Lyndon's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lyndon was adept at _______________.
2. How long after the animals in #20 were brought to the Texas Hill Country did the landscape deteriorate?
3. What was the profession of the Bunton Johnsons?
4. What was Lyndon's most powerful characteristic at the job in #87?
5. According to the author, ambition and big ideas can lead to ________________.
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)