Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what state did Lyndon come?
(b) New Mexico.
2. Which Bunton was Lyndon's most notable ancestor?
(a) John Wheeler Bunton.
(b) Davy Crockett.
(c) Bud Johnson.
(d) Edward Baines.
3. With whom did Lyndon carry on a daily correspondence?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
4. Lyndon's mother and father shared an interest in _____________.
5. How long after the animals in #20 were brought to the Texas Hill Country did the landscape deteriorate?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two summers.
6. How many of Sam and Eliza's children were boys?
7. Why had neither the Spanish nor the Mexicans tried to tame the Texas Hill Country?
(a) It was too beautiful to tame.
(b) It was too hilly.
(c) It was desert.
(d) It was very resistant.
8. Who was one of Sam and Eliza's children?
(a) Lyndon Johnson's mother.
(b) Lyndon Johnson's father.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) Tex Johnson.
9. In the ten years from 1837-1847, the population of the Texas Hill Country grew from 40,000 to _______________.
10. What was part of the Sam Johnson identity?
(a) He was very shy and retiring.
(b) He stood up for common people.
(c) He would never back down from a fight.
(d) He had a fierce temper.
11. What happened when the Texas Hill Country was destroyed?
(a) The grass grew tall.
(b) The sun scorched the clay.
(c) The hills washed away.
(d) The locusts ate everything.
12. What was the context of the laws in #69?
(a) Voting rights for women.
(b) The advertising and sales of oil.
(c) Equal rights for all people.
(d) Minimum wages for all workers.
13. Lyndon's mother was ___________________________ in the Texas Hill Country.
(a) the best woman gunsmith.
(b) the most beautiful woman.
(c) the most highly literate woman.
(d) the best public speaker.
14. What was a prominent nationality of a school in Texas?
15. What was one of the jobs of the farmhands on the Johnson farm?
(a) To find Lyndon when he went missing.
(b) To chaperone on Lyndon's dates.
(c) To help Lyndon with his homework.
(d) To take Lyndon to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was a lobbyist for the mine owners?
2. What dynamic occurs in the Sam Johnson household?
3. The Buntons were known for _____________.
4. How were Sam and Lyndon's marriages characterized?
5. From whom did Lyndon get his first name?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)