|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were Sam and Lyndon's marriages characterized?
(a) They divorced after early marriages.
(b) They learned to adapt to marriage the best they could.
(c) They got everything they wanted in marriage and in their lives.
(d) They were reasonably happy but did not marry their first choice.
2. What was one of the reasons Lyndon was promoted to the position in #92?
(a) He was a man.
(b) He was the only one who accepted.
(c) He asked for the job.
(d) He went to Harvard.
3. What was Lyndon's most powerful characteristic at the job in #87?
(a) He cared about people.
(b) He was an engineering genius.
(c) He had artistic sensibilities.
(d) He has great scientific instincts.
4. What does the change in the Johnson household do to Lyndon?
(a) It makes him more sympathetic.
(b) It alters his respect for his parents.
(c) It makes him shy and retiring.
(d) It makes him run away from home for good.
5. How much land did the Bunton family still own in the Hill Country of Texas at the time this book was written?
(a) 200 acres.
(b) 50 acres.
(c) 500 acres.
(d) 1,000 acres.
6. What was Sam Johnson's greatest legislative success?
(a) Minimum Wage Laws.
(b) Blue Sky Laws.
(c) Voting Laws.
(d) Civil Rights Laws.
7. What nationality of students did Lyndon teach?
8. How old was Lyndon Johnson when the author wrote about him in the Introduction?
(a) His teens.
(c) Early thirties.
9. What organization did the Buntons establish?
(a) The American Red Cross.
(b) Philosophical Society of Texas.
(c) The John Birch Society.
(d) The Ku Klux Klan.
10. How many of Sam and Eliza's children were boys?
11. Where is Sam Johnson working in Chapter 6?
(a) The Texas legislature.
(b) A local bank.
(c) The railroad.
(d) An oil company.
12. Which of the following was a character attribute of the Buntons?
(a) Meek temperament.
(b) Fiery temperament.
(c) Sullen demeanor.
(d) Retiring manners.
13. During the time of his family's upheaval, Lyndon transformed into ___________________.
(a) a genius.
(b) a helpless child.
(c) a good helper.
(d) a junior dictator.
14. What field had Texas not permitted in its medical association until Sam Johnson fought for it?
(b) Physical Therapy.
15. What quality of his father's did Lyndon imitate?
(a) Leadership skills.
(b) Money management skills.
(c) Public speaking skills.
(d) Joke-telling skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname did Lyndon garner?
2. What animals did the Johnson Buntons bring to the Texas Hill Country?
3. The Buntons were known for _____________.
4. Who was Lyndon's mother?
5. According to Chapter 6, who is "The Best Man I Ever Knew?"
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)