|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the context of the laws in #69?
(a) Equal rights for all people.
(b) Minimum wages for all workers.
(c) The advertising and sales of oil.
(d) Voting rights for women.
2. What was part of the Sam Johnson identity?
(a) He stood up for common people.
(b) He would never back down from a fight.
(c) He was very shy and retiring.
(d) He had a fierce temper.
3. With whom did Lyndon carry on a daily correspondence?
(a) His brother.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
4. Profits dropped so low for the group in #27 that they could not afford to buy _____________.
5. Lyndon's mother was ___________________________ in the Texas Hill Country.
(a) the most beautiful woman.
(b) the best public speaker.
(c) the most highly literate woman.
(d) the best woman gunsmith.
6. How much land did the Bunton family still own in the Hill Country of Texas at the time this book was written?
(a) 50 acres.
(b) 500 acres.
(c) 200 acres.
(d) 1,000 acres.
7. Which group was the organization in #25 established to help?
8. What was Lyndon's demeanor toward those superior to him?
9. Lyndon was adept at _______________.
(a) writing theme papers.
(b) tutoring other students.
(c) playing football.
(d) adoring his superiors.
10. Who was offering Lyndon the opportunity for a secure financial future?
(a) A professor.
(b) An employer.
(c) An older man.
(d) His mother.
11. What was one of the jobs of the farmhands on the Johnson farm?
(a) To help Lyndon with his homework.
(b) To take Lyndon to school.
(c) To chaperone on Lyndon's dates.
(d) To find Lyndon when he went missing.
12. What was a key to surviving in the Texas Hill Country?
(a) Building sod houses.
(b) Learning how to rotate crops.
(c) Understanding the Comanche people.
(d) Installing irrigation.
13. During the time of his family's upheaval, Lyndon transformed into ___________________.
(a) a genius.
(b) a junior dictator.
(c) a good helper.
(d) a helpless child.
14. Which Bunton was Lyndon's most notable ancestor?
(a) Edward Baines.
(b) Bud Johnson.
(c) John Wheeler Bunton.
(d) Davy Crockett.
15. What was one of Sam Johnson's greatest assets?
(a) He was a visionary.
(b) He could stand alone.
(c) He was very generous.
(d) He had a great sense of humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when the Texas Hill Country was destroyed?
2. What was Sam Johnson's greatest legislative success?
3. Where did Lyndon live while working in the town in #88?
4. What lessons did Lyndon's mother teach to other people?
5. In the ten years from 1837-1847, the population of the Texas Hill Country grew from 40,000 to _______________.
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)