|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the context of the laws in #69?
(a) Equal rights for all people.
(b) Minimum wages for all workers.
(c) Voting rights for women.
(d) The advertising and sales of oil.
2. Lyndon's interest in the area in #55 was attributed to ______________.
(a) his interest in animals.
(b) his superior intelligence.
(c) growing up as an only child.
(d) his Bunton ancestors.
3. Profits dropped so low for the group in #27 that they could not afford to buy _____________.
4. Lyndon's mother and father shared an interest in _____________.
5. What was the name of the political group in the South which did not follow the white-supremacist political route?
(a) The Libertarians.
(b) The Independents.
(c) The Republicans.
(d) The Populists.
6. What the people loved most about Sam Johson was __________________________.
(a) that he was a regular guy.
(b) that they knew where he stood on everything.
(c) that he was a good husband and father.
(d) that he had a good education.
7. How long after the animals in #20 were brought to the Texas Hill Country did the landscape deteriorate?
(a) Six months.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two summers.
(d) Three years.
8. What was rare about Lyndon's mother living in the 19th century?
(a) She was college educated.
(b) She ran her own business.
(c) She was a suffragette.
(d) She was a nurse.
9. Who was a lobbyist for the mine owners?
(a) Spencer Baines.
(b) Roy Miller.
(c) Roger Bush.
(d) James McCall.
10. With what medical organization did Sam Johnson have conflict?
(a) Texas Medical Association.
(b) American Medical Association.
(c) The Surgeon General's Office.
(d) Johns Hopkins Hospital.
11. What does the change in the Johnson household do to Lyndon?
(a) It makes him run away from home for good.
(b) It alters his respect for his parents.
(c) It makes him shy and retiring.
(d) It makes him more sympathetic.
12. How old was Lyndon when he was named?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) One hour.
13. During the time of his family's upheaval, Lyndon transformed into ___________________.
(a) a helpless child.
(b) a good helper.
(c) a junior dictator.
(d) a genius.
14. What nationality of students did Lyndon teach?
15. To what job was Lyndon promoted?
(b) Civil Engineer.
(c) Vice President of Finance.
(d) Hospital Administrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what was the author ignorant when embarking on writing this book?
2. For what physical quality are the Bunton men known?
3. At what type of job did Lyndon earn a good living?
4. What was Lyndon's most powerful characteristic at the job in #87?
5. With whom did Lyndon carry on a daily correspondence?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)