|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lessons did Lyndon's mother teach to other people?
2. What was a notable quirk of Lyndon's as a child?
(a) He had a photographic memory.
(b) He ran away a lot.
(c) He was good at telling jokes.
(d) He could do magic tricks.
3. Who was offering Lyndon the opportunity for a secure financial future?
(a) An employer.
(b) An older man.
(c) A professor.
(d) His mother.
4. Lyndon's mother was ___________________________ in the Texas Hill Country.
(a) the most highly literate woman.
(b) the best public speaker.
(c) the most beautiful woman.
(d) the best woman gunsmith.
5. With whom was Lyndon comfortable meeting?
(a) Only politicians.
(b) Texans of all walks of life.
(c) All types of people.
6. Which Bunton was Lyndon's most notable ancestor?
(a) John Wheeler Bunton.
(b) Davy Crockett.
(c) Edward Baines.
(d) Bud Johnson.
7. How old was Lyndon Johnson when the author wrote about him in the Introduction?
(a) Early thirties.
(b) His teens.
8. Lyndon was notorious for _____________.
(b) his humor.
(c) public speaking.
(d) sailing skills.
9. How much land did the Bunton family still own in the Hill Country of Texas at the time this book was written?
(a) 200 acres.
(b) 1,000 acres.
(c) 50 acres.
(d) 500 acres.
10. What happened when the Texas Hill Country was destroyed?
(a) The locusts ate everything.
(b) The hills washed away.
(c) The sun scorched the clay.
(d) The grass grew tall.
11. What was Sam Johnson if favor of raising taxes on?
(a) Diamond mines.
(b) Copper mines.
(c) Coal mines.
(d) Sulphur mines.
12. What dynamic occurs in the Sam Johnson household?
(a) A death of a child.
(b) A move to Maine.
(c) An adopted child.
(d) A downturn in finances.
13. What was Lyndon known for being at his college?
(a) The best debater.
(b) The most handsome.
(c) The fastest runner.
(d) The biggest liar.
14. To which political party did Lyndon's father belong?
(a) The Republican Party.
(b) The Independent Party.
(c) The Democratic Party.
(d) The People's Party.
15. What was part of the Sam Johnson identity?
(a) He had a fierce temper.
(b) He stood up for common people.
(c) He was very shy and retiring.
(d) He would never back down from a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the political group in the South which did not follow the white-supremacist political route?
2. What was the name of another political group that became popular during this time?
3. What nickname did Lyndon garner?
4. What form of disobedience did Lyndon show every day?
5. Which group was the organization in #25 established to help?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)