|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Lyndon carry on a daily correspondence?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His father.
2. What nationality of students did Lyndon teach?
3. What was one of Sam Johnson's greatest assets?
(a) He was very generous.
(b) He could stand alone.
(c) He was a visionary.
(d) He had a great sense of humor.
4. How long after the animals in #20 were brought to the Texas Hill Country did the landscape deteriorate?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two summers.
5. What was Lyndon's father's name?
6. Who was offering Lyndon the opportunity for a secure financial future?
(a) His mother.
(b) An employer.
(c) An older man.
(d) A professor.
7. How many children did Sam Ealy Johnson and Eliza Bunton Johnson have?
8. Lyndon's mother was ___________________________ in the Texas Hill Country.
(a) the most beautiful woman.
(b) the best woman gunsmith.
(c) the most highly literate woman.
(d) the best public speaker.
9. From whom did Lyndon get his first name?
(a) A lawyer friend of his father's.
(b) His mother's brother.
(c) His father's great grandfather.
(d) His mother's father.
10. When was the organization in #25 established?
(a) The mid 1800s.
(b) The late 19th century.
(c) The mid 1900s.
(d) The early 20th century.
11. How old was Lyndon Johnson when the author wrote about him in the Introduction?
(b) His teens.
(c) Early thirties.
12. What the people loved most about Sam Johson was __________________________.
(a) that they knew where he stood on everything.
(b) that he was a regular guy.
(c) that he had a good education.
(d) that he was a good husband and father.
13. The Buntons were known for _____________.
(a) being greedy.
(c) lewd behavior.
(d) big thinking.
14. How many of Sam and Eliza's children were boys?
15. What was Lyndon known for being at his college?
(a) The best debater.
(b) The most handsome.
(c) The biggest liar.
(d) The fastest runner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had neither the Spanish nor the Mexicans tried to tame the Texas Hill Country?
2. What form of disobedience did Lyndon show every day?
3. How old was Lyndon when his family's dynamic changed?
4. Lyndon's mother and father shared an interest in _____________.
5. What is one notable thing about the person in #13?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)