|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the political group in the South which did not follow the white-supremacist political route?
(a) The Populists.
(b) The Republicans.
(c) The Libertarians.
(d) The Independents.
2. What was one of Sam Johnson's greatest assets?
(a) He could stand alone.
(b) He was very generous.
(c) He was a visionary.
(d) He had a great sense of humor.
3. What was Lyndon's father's profession?
4. What profession did Lyndon's father later aspire to?
5. At what type of job did Lyndon earn a good living?
6. Who was a lobbyist for the mine owners?
(a) James McCall.
(b) Spencer Baines.
(c) Roger Bush.
(d) Roy Miller.
7. What was a prominent nationality of a school in Texas?
8. Lyndon's mother was ___________________________ in the Texas Hill Country.
(a) the most highly literate woman.
(b) the best woman gunsmith.
(c) the most beautiful woman.
(d) the best public speaker.
9. What animals did the Johnson Buntons bring to the Texas Hill Country?
10. What were the hills made of in the area in #10?
11. What characteristic of Lyndon's was the author ignorant of before writing this book?
12. During the time of his family's upheaval, Lyndon transformed into ___________________.
(a) a helpless child.
(b) a junior dictator.
(c) a genius.
(d) a good helper.
13. How was the complexion of the Buntons described?
(a) Chalk white.
(b) Coffee cream.
(c) Ghost white.
(d) Magnolia white.
14. What form of disobedience did Lyndon show every day?
(a) He would set fires in the town.
(b) He would play hookey.
(c) He would steal other kids' lunches.
(d) He would cast off his shoes.
15. When was the organization in #25 established?
(a) The late 19th century.
(b) The mid 1800s.
(c) The mid 1900s.
(d) The early 20th century.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the political group that emerged in the Texas Hill Country?
2. Lyndon's mother and father shared an interest in _____________.
3. With what medical organization did Sam Johnson have conflict?
4. What was one of the jobs of the farmhands on the Johnson farm?
5. Which Bunton was Lyndon's most notable ancestor?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)