|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Sam and Eliza's children were boys?
2. In what town did Lyndon work?
(a) El Paso.
3. What shone through the ruined landscape of the Texas Hill Country?
4. Lyndon's mother and father shared an interest in _____________.
5. With whom did Lyndon carry on a daily correspondence?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His best friend.
6. What characteristic of Lyndon's was the author ignorant of before writing this book?
7. How many children did Sam Ealy Johnson and Eliza Bunton Johnson have?
8. Where is Sam Johnson working in Chapter 6?
(a) The railroad.
(b) The Texas legislature.
(c) An oil company.
(d) A local bank.
9. To what job was Lyndon promoted?
(b) Hospital Administrator.
(c) Vice President of Finance.
(d) Civil Engineer.
10. How long after the animals in #20 were brought to the Texas Hill Country did the landscape deteriorate?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two summers.
11. How old was Lyndon when he was named?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three months.
(c) One hour.
(d) Two weeks.
12. To which political party did Lyndon's father belong?
(a) The Republican Party.
(b) The Democratic Party.
(c) The Independent Party.
(d) The People's Party.
13. What happened when the Texas Hill Country was destroyed?
(a) The hills washed away.
(b) The sun scorched the clay.
(c) The grass grew tall.
(d) The locusts ate everything.
14. From whom did Lyndon get his first name?
(a) A lawyer friend of his father's.
(b) His mother's father.
(c) His father's great grandfather.
(d) His mother's brother.
15. Which Bunton was Lyndon's most notable ancestor?
(a) John Wheeler Bunton.
(b) Davy Crockett.
(c) Bud Johnson.
(d) Edward Baines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lyndon known for being at his college?
2. What was the context of the laws in #69?
3. Of what was the author ignorant when embarking on writing this book?
4. What was one of the jobs of the farmhands on the Johnson farm?
5. What form of disobedience did Lyndon show every day?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)