|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was a lobbyist for the mine owners?
(a) Roger Bush.
(b) Roy Miller.
(c) Spencer Baines.
(d) James McCall.
2. What did Lyndon's mother shy away from?
(b) Loud boys.
(d) The sun.
3. What the people loved most about Sam Johson was __________________________.
(a) that he had a good education.
(b) that he was a regular guy.
(c) that he was a good husband and father.
(d) that they knew where he stood on everything.
4. How many children did Sam Ealy Johnson and Eliza Bunton Johnson have?
5. How many of Sam and Eliza's children were boys?
6. What was Sam Johnson if favor of raising taxes on?
(a) Coal mines.
(b) Diamond mines.
(c) Copper mines.
(d) Sulphur mines.
7. What shone through the ruined landscape of the Texas Hill Country?
8. What field had Texas not permitted in its medical association until Sam Johnson fought for it?
(a) Physical Therapy.
9. What was the profession of the Bunton Johnsons?
10. Who did Sam Johnson fight for for entry into the organization in #67?
11. Lyndon's mother and father shared an interest in _____________.
12. Lyndon was adept at _______________.
(a) tutoring other students.
(b) adoring his superiors.
(c) playing football.
(d) writing theme papers.
13. When was the organization in #25 established?
(a) The mid 1800s.
(b) The late 19th century.
(c) The early 20th century.
(d) The mid 1900s.
14. The Johnsons were as ambitious as the Buntons but lacked ________________.
15. How were Sam and Lyndon's marriages characterized?
(a) They learned to adapt to marriage the best they could.
(b) They got everything they wanted in marriage and in their lives.
(c) They divorced after early marriages.
(d) They were reasonably happy but did not marry their first choice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was a character attribute of the Buntons?
2. Why had neither the Spanish nor the Mexicans tried to tame the Texas Hill Country?
3. What was one of the jobs of the farmhands on the Johnson farm?
4. For what physical quality are the Bunton men known?
5. Who was one of Sam and Eliza's children?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)