|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the profession of the Bunton Johnsons?
2. What was Lyndon's father's name?
3. Lyndon was adept at _______________.
(a) playing football.
(b) writing theme papers.
(c) tutoring other students.
(d) adoring his superiors.
4. What was Lyndon's most powerful characteristic at the job in #87?
(a) He has great scientific instincts.
(b) He had artistic sensibilities.
(c) He was an engineering genius.
(d) He cared about people.
5. With whom did Lyndon carry on a daily correspondence?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His mother.
6. How much land did the Bunton family still own in the Hill Country of Texas at the time this book was written?
(a) 1,000 acres.
(b) 500 acres.
(c) 200 acres.
(d) 50 acres.
7. Lyndon's mother was ___________________________ in the Texas Hill Country.
(a) the most highly literate woman.
(b) the most beautiful woman.
(c) the best woman gunsmith.
(d) the best public speaker.
8. What was one of the reasons Lyndon was promoted to the position in #92?
(a) He was the only one who accepted.
(b) He went to Harvard.
(c) He asked for the job.
(d) He was a man.
9. Who did Sam Johnson fight for for entry into the organization in #67?
10. What element was a great moneymaker for Texas in the first part of the 20th century?
11. What lessons did Lyndon's mother teach to other people?
12. Sam Johnson was said to be _____________________.
(a) a prince of a guy.
(b) a man's man.
(c) crooked as the day was long.
(d) straight as a shingle.
13. What was the grassy part of the state in #10 called?
(a) The Grasslands.
(b) The Prairie.
(c) The Great Plains.
(d) Hill Country.
14. Why did few Texans get an education?
(a) They died at an early age.
(b) The children were needed to work at home.
(c) There were no established schools.
(d) They saw no value in book learning.
15. What were the hills made of in the area in #10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lyndon's father's profession?
2. What was the name of the political group that emerged in the Texas Hill Country?
3. At what type of job did Lyndon earn a good living?
4. Profits dropped so low for the group in #27 that they could not afford to buy _____________.
5. What form of disobedience did Lyndon show every day?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)