|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lyndon's mother shy away from?
(a) The sun.
(d) Loud boys.
2. How many children did Sam Ealy Johnson and Eliza Bunton Johnson have?
3. What was the name of another political group that became popular during this time?
(a) The Whigs.
(b) The Alliance.
(c) The Tories.
(d) The Nationalists.
4. To which political party did Lyndon's father belong?
(a) The People's Party.
(b) The Independent Party.
(c) The Republican Party.
(d) The Democratic Party.
5. What was Sam Johnson if favor of raising taxes on?
(a) Coal mines.
(b) Diamond mines.
(c) Copper mines.
(d) Sulphur mines.
6. Why had neither the Spanish nor the Mexicans tried to tame the Texas Hill Country?
(a) It was too beautiful to tame.
(b) It was too hilly.
(c) It was very resistant.
(d) It was desert.
7. Who was a lobbyist for the mine owners?
(a) Roy Miller.
(b) James McCall.
(c) Spencer Baines.
(d) Roger Bush.
8. From what state did Lyndon come?
(c) New Mexico.
9. Where is Sam Johnson working in Chapter 6?
(a) The Texas legislature.
(b) A local bank.
(c) An oil company.
(d) The railroad.
10. Which Bunton was Lyndon's most notable ancestor?
(a) Davy Crockett.
(b) Bud Johnson.
(c) Edward Baines.
(d) John Wheeler Bunton.
11. What was part of the Sam Johnson identity?
(a) He had a fierce temper.
(b) He was very shy and retiring.
(c) He would never back down from a fight.
(d) He stood up for common people.
12. What was prohibitive to many about getting an education?
(a) The language.
(b) The cost.
(c) The distance.
(d) The hours.
13. What profession did Lyndon's father later aspire to?
14. What was the grassy part of the state in #10 called?
(a) The Grasslands.
(b) The Great Plains.
(c) The Prairie.
(d) Hill Country.
15. What was Lyndon's father's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what physical quality are the Bunton men known?
2. What was Lyndon's demeanor toward those beneath him?
3. With whom was Lyndon comfortable meeting?
4. What wrecked the terrain of the Texas Hill Country?
5. Where did Lyndon get his middle name--Baines?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)