|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam Johnson's political interest supported _____________.
2. How were Sam and Lyndon's marriages characterized?
(a) They got everything they wanted in marriage and in their lives.
(b) They divorced after early marriages.
(c) They learned to adapt to marriage the best they could.
(d) They were reasonably happy but did not marry their first choice.
3. What did Rebekah refuse to do one day until Lyndon was named?
(a) Get out of bed.
(b) Get dressed.
(c) Make breakfast.
(d) Take a bath.
4. Who was offering Lyndon the opportunity for a secure financial future?
(a) An older man.
(b) A professor.
(c) His mother.
(d) An employer.
5. What animals did the Johnson Buntons bring to the Texas Hill Country?
6. To what job was Lyndon promoted?
(a) Vice President of Finance.
(c) Hospital Administrator.
(d) Civil Engineer.
7. What organization did the Buntons establish?
(a) The American Red Cross.
(b) The John Birch Society.
(c) The Ku Klux Klan.
(d) Philosophical Society of Texas.
8. What was Lyndon's demeanor toward those superior to him?
9. What was the context of the laws in #69?
(a) Voting rights for women.
(b) Minimum wages for all workers.
(c) Equal rights for all people.
(d) The advertising and sales of oil.
10. What was one of the jobs of the farmhands on the Johnson farm?
(a) To take Lyndon to school.
(b) To chaperone on Lyndon's dates.
(c) To help Lyndon with his homework.
(d) To find Lyndon when he went missing.
11. What nickname did Lyndon garner?
12. What was Lyndon's demeanor toward those beneath him?
(c) A bully.
13. What color eyes did the Buntons have?
(b) Dark brown.
14. How much land did the Bunton family still own in the Hill Country of Texas at the time this book was written?
(a) 50 acres.
(b) 1,000 acres.
(c) 200 acres.
(d) 500 acres.
15. From whom did Lyndon get his first name?
(a) His mother's father.
(b) A lawyer friend of his father's.
(c) His mother's brother.
(d) His father's great grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dynamic occurs in the Sam Johnson household?
2. What were the hills made of in the area in #10?
3. For what physical quality are the Bunton men known?
4. During the time of his family's upheaval, Lyndon transformed into ___________________.
5. What field had Texas not permitted in its medical association until Sam Johnson fought for it?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)