|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lyndon's mother was ___________________________ in the Texas Hill Country.
(a) the most beautiful woman.
(b) the best woman gunsmith.
(c) the most highly literate woman.
(d) the best public speaker.
2. Sam Johnson's political interest supported _____________.
3. At what type of job did Lyndon earn a good living?
4. According to Chapter 6, who is "The Best Man I Ever Knew?"
(a) Andrew Baines.
(b) Sam Johnson.
(c) Sam Bunton.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
5. Of what was the author ignorant when embarking on writing this book?
(a) Lyndon's family tree.
(b) Lyndon's political deals.
(c) Lyndon's unpleasant traits.
(d) Lyndon's academic excellence.
6. According to the author, ambition and big ideas can lead to ________________.
7. What the people loved most about Sam Johson was __________________________.
(a) that he was a regular guy.
(b) that he was a good husband and father.
(c) that they knew where he stood on everything.
(d) that he had a good education.
8. The Johnsons were as ambitious as the Buntons but lacked ________________.
9. What was one of Sam Johnson's greatest assets?
(a) He had a great sense of humor.
(b) He could stand alone.
(c) He was a visionary.
(d) He was very generous.
10. Profits dropped so low for the group in #27 that they could not afford to buy _____________.
11. Into what organization was the organization in #25 eventually absorbed?
(a) The Socialist Party.
(b) The Democratic Party.
(c) The Republican Party.
(d) The Independent Party.
12. When was the organization in #25 established?
(a) The mid 1800s.
(b) The early 20th century.
(c) The mid 1900s.
(d) The late 19th century.
13. With what medical organization did Sam Johnson have conflict?
(a) Texas Medical Association.
(b) Johns Hopkins Hospital.
(c) The Surgeon General's Office.
(d) American Medical Association.
14. Why did few Texans get an education?
(a) The children were needed to work at home.
(b) They died at an early age.
(c) There were no established schools.
(d) They saw no value in book learning.
15. For what physical quality are the Bunton men known?
(a) Piercing gaze.
(b) Long arms.
(c) Speech impediment.
(d) Bellowing laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lyndon's interest in the area in #55 was attributed to ______________.
2. What was part of the Sam Johnson identity?
3. How many children did Sam Ealy Johnson and Eliza Bunton Johnson have?
4. What wrecked the terrain of the Texas Hill Country?
5. What was Lyndon's father's profession?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)