|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lyndon's demeanor toward those superior to him?
2. What animals did the Johnson Buntons bring to the Texas Hill Country?
3. Lyndon was notorious for _____________.
(a) public speaking.
(b) his humor.
(c) sailing skills.
4. What element was a great moneymaker for Texas in the first part of the 20th century?
5. How was the complexion of the Buntons described?
(a) Magnolia white.
(b) Chalk white.
(c) Coffee cream.
(d) Ghost white.
6. From what state did Lyndon come?
(a) New Mexico.
7. Who was a lobbyist for the mine owners?
(a) Roy Miller.
(b) Roger Bush.
(c) Spencer Baines.
(d) James McCall.
8. What was one of the jobs of the farmhands on the Johnson farm?
(a) To chaperone on Lyndon's dates.
(b) To find Lyndon when he went missing.
(c) To take Lyndon to school.
(d) To help Lyndon with his homework.
9. What was Sam Johnson if favor of raising taxes on?
(a) Sulphur mines.
(b) Coal mines.
(c) Diamond mines.
(d) Copper mines.
10. What was the name of the political group in the South which did not follow the white-supremacist political route?
(a) The Libertarians.
(b) The Republicans.
(c) The Independents.
(d) The Populists.
11. What profession did Lyndon's father later aspire to?
12. What was the grassy part of the state in #10 called?
(a) The Prairie.
(b) Hill Country.
(c) The Grasslands.
(d) The Great Plains.
13. To what job was Lyndon promoted?
(b) Hospital Administrator.
(c) Vice President of Finance.
(d) Civil Engineer.
14. Who was Lyndon's mother?
15. For what physical quality are the Bunton men known?
(a) Piercing gaze.
(b) Long arms.
(c) Speech impediment.
(d) Bellowing laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lyndon's most powerful characteristic at the job in #87?
2. What was Lyndon known for being at his college?
3. What was Lyndon's demeanor toward those beneath him?
4. What was the name of another political group that became popular during this time?
5. What nickname did Lyndon garner?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)