|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 & 4, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wrecked the terrain of the Texas Hill Country?
(b) Grazing animals.
2. Which of the following was a character attribute of the Buntons?
(a) Sullen demeanor.
(b) Meek temperament.
(c) Fiery temperament.
(d) Retiring manners.
3. For what physical quality are the Bunton men known?
(a) Piercing gaze.
(b) Bellowing laugh.
(c) Long arms.
(d) Speech impediment.
4. How old was Lyndon Johnson when the author wrote about him in the Introduction?
(a) Early thirties.
(b) His teens.
5. What was rare about Lyndon's mother living in the 19th century?
(a) She ran her own business.
(b) She was a suffragette.
(c) She was college educated.
(d) She was a nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of another political group that became popular during this time?
2. How much land did the Bunton family still own in the Hill Country of Texas at the time this book was written?
3. What organization did the Buntons establish?
4. Why did few Texans get an education?
5. What happened when the Texas Hill Country was destroyed?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)