|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 & 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what physical quality are the Bunton men known?
(a) Long arms.
(b) Piercing gaze.
(c) Speech impediment.
(d) Bellowing laugh.
2. Sam Johnson was said to be _____________________.
(a) straight as a shingle.
(b) a prince of a guy.
(c) crooked as the day was long.
(d) a man's man.
3. Where did Lyndon get his middle name--Baines?
(a) It was Sam's best friend's name.
(b) It was Rebekah's maiden name.
(c) It was Rebekah's father's name.
(d) It was Sam's father's name.
4. According to the author, ambition and big ideas can lead to ________________.
5. In the ten years from 1837-1847, the population of the Texas Hill Country grew from 40,000 to _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was one of Sam and Eliza's children?
2. How long after the animals in #20 were brought to the Texas Hill Country did the landscape deteriorate?
3. Which of the following was a character attribute of the Buntons?
4. Why had neither the Spanish nor the Mexicans tried to tame the Texas Hill Country?
5. What was the profession of the Bunton Johnsons?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)