|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ICC's new Chairman, Theodore Perry Shonts, is best described how?
2. "The Man with the Sun in His Eyes," the subtitle for Chapter 18, refers to Theodore Roosevelt's 1906 visit to the isthmus, where he takes everything in how?
(a) It was his initial experience outside the U.S.
(b) Blinded by the sprucing up for his viewing.
(c) Absorbing all during the daytime.
(d) With childlike enthusiasm.
3. When is the sanitation problem remedied at Colon when the town burns to the ground?
(a) March 29, 1885.
(b) March 31, 1885.
(c) April 1, 1885.
(d) March 30, 1885.
4. Back in Paris, in mid-1885, Ferdinand de Lesseps stipulates his Panama project ranks how in comparison to Suez?
(a) Ten times more difficult than Suez.
(b) Twice as difficult as Suez.
(c) Equally difficult to Suez.
(d) Less difficult than Suez, just longer.
5. French engineers at Panama look on American colleagues as merely adroit at improvisation, but find making do with what is available under pressure difficult and that Suez was too easy, as warned by whom?
(a) Armand Rycus.
(b) Gaston Blanchet.
(c) Baron de Lypinay.
(d) A. G. Menocal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sen. Spooner offers a Hepburn Bill amendment authorizing the President to acquire the Panama property and concessions for no more than $40 million, only if Colombia relinquishes what?
2. Days after Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique of 1879 concludes, Ferdinand de Lesseps is behind 270 rich investors who are to receive what upon a firm being legally established?
3. A Compagnie Nouvelle du Canal de Panama is incorporated on October 20, 1894 and the liquidator extends the Wyse Concession through what year?
4. Which delegate, so eager not to miss the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique opening remarks, leaves his bags behind and has to purchase appropriate attire and call a barber in?
5. Secretary of State William Evarts agrees to send Admiral Daniel Ammen and A. G. Menocal to the 1879 Paris Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique in what capacity?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)