|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some mortality estimates go up to 75% among French immigrants and beds are reported to be at such a premium that the dying have been placed where?
(a) On the floor in the basement.
(b) On the railway platform to await a train to the cemetary when they die.
(c) Outside the hospital on the ground.
(d) In coffins to await their end.
2. Ferdinand de Lesseps has declares publicly that 20 ships daily shall pass via the canal by 1890, and what occurs to the Compagnie Universelle on February 4, 1889?
(a) The company finally achieves an embankment slide resolution.
(b) Company shares begin an upward shift.
(c) A restructuring of the company transpires.
(d) A liquidator is appointed.
3. When do Theodore Perry Shonts and John Stevens land without ceremony at Colon?
(a) July 26, 1904.
(b) July 26, 1905.
(c) December 15, 1906.
(d) December 15, 1905.
4. Which investigative group of the Panama Affair holds 63 sessions, receives 158 depositions, complies over 1,000 dossiers, but issues a report that embarrasses no colleagues?
(a) Committee of Thirty-Three.
(b) De Lesseps Investigative Committee.
(c) Compagnie Universelle Investigatie Committee.
(d) Panama Investigative Committee.
5. The cream of the crop of 19th-century French engineers are trained at what two institutions (the most brilliant at the former, and only its top graduates at the latter)?
(a) Ycole des Ponts et Chausyes and Ycole Polytechnique.
(b) Ycole Polytechnique and Ycole des Ponts et Chausyes.
(c) Universite Polytechnique et Paris and Ycole des Ponts et Chausyes.
(d) Ycole des Ponts et Paris and Ycole Polytechnic et Chausyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theodore Roosevelt stress in his autobiography as to his action in Panama?.
2. What 100+ edition, 1,000+ page book holding Jews responsible for all woes appears in 1886, and when the Compagnie Universelle fails, whose "history" of the firm is a best seller in 1890?
3. The Compagnie Universelle incorporates on March 3, 1881, with whom as officers?
4. Gustave Eiffel eventually is able to clear his name, but what does he do afterward?
5. A worker dies of bubonic plague on July 3, 1905, and William Crawford Gorgas immediately orders a campaign to eradicate what?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)