|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Panama shares slip in value by mid-1885, Ferdinand de Lesseps lies to the stockholders stating the task is how far accomplished?
(c) Over 50%.
2. In late 1879, a large entourage sails to Panama arriving in what season?
3. John Walker does not accept the mosquito theory and insists the solution is what?
(a) Staying indoors from damp air at night and bathing regularly.
(b) Getting rid of garbage and staying indoors from damp air at night.
(c) Getting rid of garbage, painting houses, and paving streets.
(d) Swimming in salt water when possible and not eating local foods.
4. Theodore Roosevelt's ship arrives in Panama a day early, so as not to ruin John Steven's schedule, the Presidential party agrees to stay on board overnight, but in the morning the welcoming party finds what?
(a) Roosevelt's ship gone from port.
(b) Roosevelt ashore exploring the waterfront.
(c) Rosevelt in the jungle on a hunting expedition.
(d) Roosevelt having breakfast at a hotel.
5. At the peak of U.S. work, on any given day, how many steam shovels were operating in the Cut?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jaques de Reinach is the "Micros" article's inside source, but Ydouard Drumont denies testifying, unless he is pardoned for what type of conviction keeping him in prison?
2. George W. Goethals allows employees to air grievances where?
3. Phillippe Banau-Varilla goes to the "Lion's Cage," the home of John T. Morgan, and it almost comes to blows when Morgan terms Panama as what?
4. What does Theodore Roosevelt state in his first message to Congress is the reason the U.S. must construct a canal in Central America for?
5. The average death rate in the final year among whites is 2.06 per thousand, and what per thousand among blacks?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)