|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which President of the United States is assassinated in 1901?
(a) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(b) William McKinley.
(c) William Howard Taft.
(d) Grover Cleveland.
2. What 100+ edition, 1,000+ page book holding Jews responsible for all woes appears in 1886, and when the Compagnie Universelle fails, whose "history" of the firm is a best seller in 1890?
(a) Ydouard Drumont's La France Juive and La Derniire Bataille.
(b) General Boulanger's La France Juive and La Derniire Bataille.
(c) Madame de Bonnemains' La France Juive and La Derniire Bataille.
(d) Ferdinand de Lesseps' La France Juive and La Derniire Bataille.
3. Who offers a solution letting Ferdinand de Lesseps extract himself honorably and gain income from tolls coming in?
(a) Philippe Banau-Varilla.
(b) Charles de Lesseps.
(c) Pierre Tirard.
(d) H. B. Slaven.
4. In the fall of 1902 as discussions of Canal Zone sovereignty reach a critical point, civil war erupts on the Isthmus and Theodore Roosevelt takes what action?
(a) Sends in the Army to secure the railroad.
(b) Sends in the Marines to secure the railroad.
(c) Dispatches a State Department negotiating team.
(d) None, as he has no legislative approval.
5. The ICC's new Chairman, Theodore Perry Shonts, is best described how?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the sanitation problem remedied at Colon when the town burns to the ground?
2. The liquidator's ordering a halt to work on the Isthmus instigates what among workers and shareholders?
3. Who is installed as Director General of the entire Panama project by Charles de Lesseps to replace Pillipe Bunau-Varilla in mid-1885?
4. In late 1879, a large entourage sails to Panama arriving in what season?
5. The Canal Record, reliable in most respects, includes nothing about what?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)