|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Julesa Dingler restores order and confidence upon arrival, distributes the workload, purges the disloyal, and formulates what?
(a) First of several French master plans in Panama.
(b) The only French master plan to be had in Panama.
(c) A design for huge dam with 30% steeper banks.
(d) A plan to eliminate requirement for high laborer requirement.
2. Sen. Spooner offers a Hepburn Bill amendment authorizing the President to acquire the Panama property and concessions for no more than $40 million, only if Colombia relinquishes what?
(a) A perpetual twelve-mile sovereignty zone.
(b) A perpetual three-mile sovereignty zone,
(c) A perpetual six-mile sovereignty zone.
(d) A perpetual nine-mile sovereignty zone.
3. A. G. Menocal tells the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique he had been in Panama in 1875 planning a sea-level canal, but abandoned that idea when he grasped what?
(a) The full impact of the Chagres River.
(b) The relief of the terrain.
(c) The engineering complexities of a sea-level canal through Panama.
(d) The time it would take to complete a sea-level canal in Panama as it would elsewhere.
4. Yeas were primarily French, yet A.G. Menocal's analysis of the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique canal site vote showed how many were French Society of Engineers members?
5. Based on various exploratory expeditions through 1875, at least how many points in Central America are determined to be sufficiently narrow to connect the Atlantic and Pacific oceans?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jaques de Reinach is the "Micros" article's inside source, but Ydouard Drumont denies testifying, unless he is pardoned for what type of conviction keeping him in prison?
2. Marie Gorgas provides the best impressions of the American era in Panama, noting Colon is "unspeakably dirty" and depressing and the jungle is what?
3. "Adventure by Trigonometry" is the subtitle of Chapter 12, detailing how the U.S. moves from what to what?
4. Ferdinand de Lesseps lost a son and a wife to cholera in Egypt and invests $7.1 million in hospitals that a Canadian doctor declares the best in the tropics, and an American, decades later, places where?
5. Although Lieutenant Lucien Napoleon-Bonaparte Wyse completes his trip to Bogota, Colombia, in mid-May of 1878, and subsequently conducts a preliminary trip to Nicaragua, where does the lieutenant travel next?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)