|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An illustrated, anti-Semitic daily, La Libre Parole receives attention in September 1892 as it starts featuring exposes of the "Jewish plot in Panama" and the Minister of Justice orders what?
(a) Initially arresting and jailing Ferdinand and Charles de Lesseps.
(b) Audit and interrogation of the former company.
(c) Arrest and jailing of former company officers.
(d) Arrest and jailing of Ydouard Drumont.
2. Cholera kills 48 of 50 technicians and 150 soldiers and dependents en route to duty in Panama in 1852, yet which Fourth Infantry member survives and becomes President?
(a) Ulysses S. Grant.
(b) Andrew Johnson.
(c) Rutherford B. Hayes.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
3. U.S. delegate Commander Selfridge raises what issue regarding Nicaragua while at the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique in Paris?
(a) Its history of floods and earthquakes.
(b) Its history of volcanic disturbances and typhoons.
(c) Its history of typhoons and hurricanes.
(d) Its history of volcanic disturbances and earthquakes.
4. Which delegate to the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique in Paris takes into consideration the deadly climate of Panama?
(a) Vice Admiral Clement Baron de La Ronciere-Le Noury.
(b) Baron Nicholas-Joseph-Adolphe Godin de Lepinay.
(c) Francisco Lopez de Gomara.
(d) Jules Quesnay de Beaurepaire.
5. In a special message to Congress on January 4, 1904, Theodore Roosevelt claims what nation violates a U.S. mandate to build the canal, the "great design" of the 1846 treaty to secure its construction?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ensures the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique opens in May, the best time to be in Paris, has final say as to the agenda, rules, committee make-up, and entertainment?
2. What do closed subcommittees at the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique in Paris establish that the Nicaragua canal route is?
3. Once digging the "Great Trench" starts at Emperador on January 20, 1882, it moves how quickly?
4. Which survivors enjoy lifelong immunity from the disease that comes and goes in waves?
5. What other term or phrase describes Phillippe Banau-Varilla besides bold, vain, personable, energetic, practical, and brilliant?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)