|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Phillippe Banau-Varilla goes to the "Lion's Cage," the home of John T. Morgan, and it almost comes to blows when Morgan terms Panama as what?
(a) "Panama paranoia."
(b) The "endless mudslide."
(c) "The French Connection."
(d) A "rotten project."
2. Sea supremacy has always been key to national and commercial greatness, and Theodore Roosevelt publishes The Naval War of 1812 while?
(a) An undergraduate student.
(c) A high school student.
(d) A graduate student.
3. John Walker asks Compagnie Nouvelle to verify it's franchises and title in Pa nama in April 1901, gets no reply by June, and has William Cromwell ask directly how much his client wants. They reply how?
(a) Offended by Cromwell's blunt cable, they fire him.
(b) They cannot reply until after the annual July meeting.
(c) They state they are gathering the file, meanwhile have him make an offer.
(d) They say they did not get Walker's query and will get back to him.
4. John Walker does not accept the mosquito theory and insists the solution is what?
(a) Swimming in salt water when possible and not eating local foods.
(b) Getting rid of garbage, painting houses, and paving streets.
(c) Staying indoors from damp air at night and bathing regularly.
(d) Getting rid of garbage and staying indoors from damp air at night.
5. Why is it nearly impossible in the early stages of canal construction to maintain an adequate work force?
(a) High illness rate.
(b) Frequent turnover.
(c) High death toll.
(d) Language differences.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jaques de Reinach is a nominal villain in comparison to whom?
2. "Adventure by Trigonometry" is the subtitle of Chapter 12, detailing how the U.S. moves from what to what?
3. On his 1879 trip to New York, Lieutenant Lucien Napoleon Bonaparte Wyse travels to Washington and sees whom?
4. Some mortality estimates go up to 75% among French immigrants and beds are reported to be at such a premium that the dying have been placed where?
5. On March 10, 1902, the Morgan Committee reports out the Hepburn Bill favorably, recommending what?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)