|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jaques de Reinach is a nominal villain in comparison to whom?
(a) Alexandre Ribot.
(b) Cornelius Herz.
(c) Ydouard Drumont.
(d) Ferdinand Martin.
2. Why, on November 1, 1903, do Manuel Amador and a colleague let Colonel James Shaler know Colombian troops are approaching?
(a) To get more arms, supplies, and troops brought in.
(b) To get rolling stock safely moved to Panama City.
(c) To get more arms and supplies brought in.
(d) To get more troops transported in for support.
3. John Walker asks Compagnie Nouvelle to verify it's franchises and title in Pa nama in April 1901, gets no reply by June, and has William Cromwell ask directly how much his client wants. They reply how?
(a) They cannot reply until after the annual July meeting.
(b) Offended by Cromwell's blunt cable, they fire him.
(c) They state they are gathering the file, meanwhile have him make an offer.
(d) They say they did not get Walker's query and will get back to him.
4. "Adventure by Trigonometry" is the subtitle of Chapter 12, detailing how the U.S. moves from what to what?
(a) Talking with Nicaragua, but covertly readying support for Panamanian revolution.
(b) Talking with Panama, but covertly readying support for Colombian revolution.
(c) Talking with Panama, but covertly readying support for a revolution there.
(d) Talking with Colombia, but covertly readying support for Panamanian revolution.
5. Which organization is later described as representing the world's first "transcontinental" railroad?
(a) The Union Pacific Railroad Company.
(b) The Panama Steam Line Corporation.
(c) The San Francisco-Boston Railway.
(d) The Panama Railroad Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Panama is divided into how many sections for work purposes?
2. What does Theodore Roosevelt stress in his autobiography as to his action in Panama?.
3. Sea supremacy has always been key to national and commercial greatness, and Theodore Roosevelt publishes The Naval War of 1812 while?
4. Before leaving Panama for New York en route to Paris, Ferdinand de Lesseps dismisses all talk regarding the deadly jungle climate and maintains what about the task?
5. The liquidator's ordering a halt to work on the Isthmus instigates what among workers and shareholders?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)