|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. U.S. delegate Commander Selfridge raises what issue regarding Nicaragua while at the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique in Paris?
(a) Its history of floods and earthquakes.
(b) Its history of volcanic disturbances and typhoons.
(c) Its history of volcanic disturbances and earthquakes.
(d) Its history of typhoons and hurricanes.
2. Both Napoleonic types, Philippe Banau-Varilla and William Nelson Cromwell are the "Panama Lobby" spokesmen, the latter a corporate lawyer with a mystery reputation who pulls strings, what is his motto?
(a) "If I had a nickel for every time I heard that."
(b) "I don't have time to waste."
(c) "I have not lost a case yet."
(d) "Accidents don't happen."
3. Chapter 8 summarizes what evolves in the courtrooms and subsequent to massive corporate collapse that affects how many French investors?
(b) Over 1 million.
4. On March 10, 1902, the Morgan Committee reports out the Hepburn Bill favorably, recommending what?
(a) 9-2 a Panama canal.
(b) 6-5 a Panama canal.
(c) 10-1 a Nicaragua canal.
(d) 7-4 a Nicaragua canal.
5. Which delegate to the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique in Paris takes into consideration the deadly climate of Panama?
(a) Jules Quesnay de Beaurepaire.
(b) Baron Nicholas-Joseph-Adolphe Godin de Lepinay.
(c) Vice Admiral Clement Baron de La Ronciere-Le Noury.
(d) Francisco Lopez de Gomara.
Short Answer Questions
1. A movement begins in Panama in July 1903, as 25-26 gather to talk revolution, including which leaders?
2. What does Theodore Roosevelt stress in his autobiography as to his action in Panama?.
3. When is the sanitation problem remedied at Colon when the town burns to the ground?
4. Lieutenant Lucien Napoleon Bonaparte Wyse negotiates a contract with Colombian President Aquileo Parra on March 23, 1878, including what conditions?
5. In which book does the author urge no action be taken prior to experts first comparing the pros and cons of all potential routes in connecting the Atlantic and Pacific oceans?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)