|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which organization is later described as representing the world's first "transcontinental" railroad?
(a) The Panama Railroad Company.
(b) The San Francisco-Boston Railway.
(c) The Union Pacific Railroad Company.
(d) The Panama Steam Line Corporation.
2. In late 1879, Ferdinand de Lesseps initiates publication of what propaganda organ?
(a) Enregistrons du Corridoir Centre Amerique.
(b) Gazette du Canal a Travers Panama.
(c) Journal avante de Partie du Monde.
(d) Bulletin du Canal Interocyanique.
3. Julesa Dingler restores order and confidence upon arrival, distributes the workload, purges the disloyal, and formulates what?
(a) A plan to eliminate requirement for high laborer requirement.
(b) First of several French master plans in Panama.
(c) The only French master plan to be had in Panama.
(d) A design for huge dam with 30% steeper banks.
4. Why is it nearly impossible in the early stages of canal construction to maintain an adequate work force?
(a) High illness rate.
(b) Frequent turnover.
(c) High death toll.
(d) Language differences.
5. According to newspapers, why does Le-Shu-Chang receive the longest applause when the opportunity to rise for recognition at the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique comes?
(a) The Chinese delegation had come the farthest distance.
(b) Because China was expected to provide the labor to dig the canal.
(c) China was recognized for constructing the large dams and the Great Wall by engineers.
(d) China was recognized for constructng the 999-room palace in Lhasa, Tibet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the public prosecutor, Jules Quesnay de Beaurepaire, propose in October 1892?
2. Based on various exploratory expeditions through 1875, at least how many points in Central America are determined to be sufficiently narrow to connect the Atlantic and Pacific oceans?
3. Panama is divided into how many sections for work purposes?
4. Ferdinand de Lesseps has declares publicly that 20 ships daily shall pass via the canal by 1890, and what occurs to the Compagnie Universelle on February 4, 1889?
5. Although Lieutenant Lucien Napoleon-Bonaparte Wyse completes his trip to Bogota, Colombia, in mid-May of 1878, and subsequently conducts a preliminary trip to Nicaragua, where does the lieutenant travel next?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)