|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sea supremacy has always been key to national and commercial greatness, and Theodore Roosevelt publishes The Naval War of 1812 while?
(b) A graduate student.
(c) A high school student.
(d) An undergraduate student.
2. Ferdinand de Lesseps briefly speaks at the Technical Commission's initial business session on January 6, 1880, then leaves it to rubber stamp what he wants in a 300-page report calling for what?
(a) Sea-level canal, Chagres River dam, and Gulf of Mexico tidal lock and breakwater.
(b) Sea-level canal, Rio Obispo dam, and Pacific tidal lock and breakwater.
(c) Sea-level canal, Chagres River dam, and Pacific tidal lock and breakwater.
(d) Sea-level canal, Rio Grande dam, and Pacific tidal lock and breakwater.
3. "The Hero" is a reference to the esteem surrounding Ferdinand de Lesseps at what point in history?
(a) Upon the 1869 opening of his lockless Suez Canal.
(b) His foundation of the Sociyty Civile Internationale du Canal Interocyanique de Darien.
(c) In 1875 when he announces his interest in an interoceanic canal.
(d) During the ten-month 1870-1871 Franco-German War.
4. Yeas were primarily French, yet A.G. Menocal's analysis of the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique canal site vote showed how many were French Society of Engineers members?
5. Chapter 8 summarizes what evolves in the courtrooms and subsequent to massive corporate collapse that affects how many French investors?
(a) Over 1 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What 100+ edition, 1,000+ page book holding Jews responsible for all woes appears in 1886, and when the Compagnie Universelle fails, whose "history" of the firm is a best seller in 1890?
2. Which monument unveiling did Ferdinand de Lesseps attend in October of 1886?
3. Three weeks following the arrival of news of the Colon fire in Paris, Ferdinand de Lesseps achieves the ultimate honor, induction where?
4. Who rebuilds Colon after it goes up in flames, killing 18 and leaving some 8,000 homeless?
5. What does the public prosecutor, Jules Quesnay de Beaurepaire, propose in October 1892?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)