|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Panama shares slip in value by mid-1885, Ferdinand de Lesseps lies to the stockholders stating the task is how far accomplished?
(a) Over 50%.
2. The liquidator's ordering a halt to work on the Isthmus instigates what among workers and shareholders?
(a) Violent riots.
(b) They want to forget it.
(c) Polite petition for redress.
(d) A run on financial institutions.
3. Three weeks following the arrival of news of the Colon fire in Paris, Ferdinand de Lesseps achieves the ultimate honor, induction where?
(a) Acadymie Franzaise.
(b) Acadymie Manigance le Franzaise.
(c) Instituons Franzaise.
(d) Instituons Edifiant le Franzaise.
4. When is the rainy season and how much is dropped along the line cutting through seven miles of swamps and marsh, beyond Gatun?
(a) May-December, 120-130 inches annually.
(b) May-September, 100-110 inches annually.
(c) July-November, 50-60 inches annually.
(d) June-October, 175-185 inches annually.
5. Whom is Ferdinand de Lesseps hailed as second only to upon his arrival in Panama with his associates in late 1879?
(a) Francisco Vasquez de Coronado.
(b) Hernando de Soto.
(c) Christopher Columbus.
(d) Vasco Nunez de Balboa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers a solution letting Ferdinand de Lesseps extract himself honorably and gain income from tolls coming in?
2. Jaques de Reinach is the "Micros" article's inside source, but Ydouard Drumont denies testifying, unless he is pardoned for what type of conviction keeping him in prison?
3. Gustave Eiffel eventually is able to clear his name, but what does he do afterward?
4. According to newspapers, why does Le-Shu-Chang receive the longest applause when the opportunity to rise for recognition at the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique comes?
5. Who is installed as Director General of the entire Panama project by Charles de Lesseps to replace Pillipe Bunau-Varilla in mid-1885?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)