|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In June of 1881, Ferdinand de Lesseps pays Park's price, that has increased $200 per share to $250 cash, consuming how much of the company's resources?
2. Although Lieutenant Lucien Napoleon-Bonaparte Wyse completes his trip to Bogota, Colombia, in mid-May of 1878, and subsequently conducts a preliminary trip to Nicaragua, where does the lieutenant travel next?
(a) New York.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) San Francisco.
3. A Compagnie Nouvelle du Canal de Panama is incorporated on October 20, 1894 and the liquidator extends the Wyse Concession through what year?
4. When Jules Dingler quits upon approaching mental and physical collapse and Maurice Hutin steps in for a month before resigning also, who becomes acting head of the entire effort?
(a) Alexander de Duponte.
(b) Phillipe Bunau-Varilla.
(c) William Kimball.
(d) Jaques Jonett.
5. While dredging predominates in the lowlands, steam shovels, picks, shovels, and what else are key in the uplands?
(a) Railway cars.
(b) Horses and wagons.
(c) Dump trucks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ferdinand de Lesseps' second attempt at going public, is the largest financial endeavor yet, with each share ($100) representing a year's income for half of France's working class, but may be bought how?
2. Ferdinand de Lesseps is from a family entrenched in the diplomatic services, which he enters at age 19, and he becomes interested in construction of canals when?
3. Which organization is later described as representing the world's first "transcontinental" railroad?
4. What results from the six-month expedition led by Lieutenant Lucien Napoleon-Bonaparte Wyse that leaves France in early November of 1876?
5. The results of Commander Selfridge's initial orders for exploration in Central America in 1870, together with those of an additional six expeditions, were to be submitted for appraisal to which agency?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)