|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Theodore Roosevelt declares he would have recommended the Congress take possession of the isthmus had the Panamanians not revolted, as which nation is not a responsible power?
2. Three weeks following the arrival of news of the Colon fire in Paris, Ferdinand de Lesseps achieves the ultimate honor, induction where?
(a) Acadymie Franzaise.
(b) Instituons Edifiant le Franzaise.
(c) Acadymie Manigance le Franzaise.
(d) Instituons Franzaise.
3. Theodore Roosevelt's ship arrives in Panama a day early, so as not to ruin John Steven's schedule, the Presidential party agrees to stay on board overnight, but in the morning the welcoming party finds what?
(a) Roosevelt ashore exploring the waterfront.
(b) Roosevelt having breakfast at a hotel.
(c) Roosevelt's ship gone from port.
(d) Rosevelt in the jungle on a hunting expedition.
4. Who outmaneuvers the Panamanians into giving the U.S. greater rights in the Canal Zone than it wants?
(a) Tomas Herran.
(b) William Nelson Cromwell.
(c) Theodore Roosevelt.
(d) Phillippe Banau-Varilla.
5. On May 2, 1902, the second key swaying event following the Morgan Committee reports is Mount Pelye exploding on Martinique; how far away and how many killed?
(a) 150 miles from Nicaragua, 3,000 killed.
(b) 3,000 miles from Nicaragua, 15,000 killed.
(c) 1,500 miles from Nicaragua, 30,000 killed.
(d) 1,500 miles from Nicaragua, 3,000 killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In late 1879, Ferdinand de Lesseps initiates publication of what propaganda organ?
2. "The Hero" is a reference to the esteem surrounding Ferdinand de Lesseps at what point in history?
3. A worker dies of bubonic plague on July 3, 1905, and William Crawford Gorgas immediately orders a campaign to eradicate what?
4. Gustave Eiffel eventually is able to clear his name, but what does he do afterward?
5. Who ensures the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique opens in May, the best time to be in Paris, has final say as to the agenda, rules, committee make-up, and entertainment?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)