|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In June of 1881, Ferdinand de Lesseps pays Park's price, that has increased $200 per share to $250 cash, consuming how much of the company's resources?
2. In late 1879, Ferdinand de Lesseps initiates publication of what propaganda organ?
(a) Enregistrons du Corridoir Centre Amerique.
(b) Gazette du Canal a Travers Panama.
(c) Journal avante de Partie du Monde.
(d) Bulletin du Canal Interocyanique.
3. Ferdinand de Lesseps is from a family entrenched in the diplomatic services, which he enters at age 19, and he becomes interested in construction of canals when?
(a) In the 1830s while posted in Egypt.
(b) In the 1840s while posted in Prussia.
(c) In the late 1830s while posted in Venice.
(d) In the late 1820s while posted in Holland.
4. After leaving the bottom lands of Panama in late 1879, while en route to Panama City, the Ferdinand de Lesseps entourage follow what river toward the summit at Culebra?
(a) Chagres River.
(b) Rio Grande.
(c) Panama River.
(d) Rio Obispo.
5. Although Lieutenant Lucien Napoleon-Bonaparte Wyse completes his trip to Bogota, Colombia, in mid-May of 1878, and subsequently conducts a preliminary trip to Nicaragua, where does the lieutenant travel next?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which survivors enjoy lifelong immunity from the disease that comes and goes in waves?
2. Which monument unveiling did Ferdinand de Lesseps attend in October of 1886?
3. French engineers at Panama look on American colleagues as merely adroit at improvisation, but find making do with what is available under pressure difficult and that Suez was too easy, as warned by whom?
4. Ferdinand de Lesseps has declares publicly that 20 ships daily shall pass via the canal by 1890, and what occurs to the Compagnie Universelle on February 4, 1889?
5. Whom is Ferdinand de Lesseps hailed as second only to upon his arrival in Panama with his associates in late 1879?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)