|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jaques de Reinach is the "Micros" article's inside source, but Ydouard Drumont denies testifying, unless he is pardoned for what type of conviction keeping him in prison?
2. Which survivors enjoy lifelong immunity from the disease that comes and goes in waves?
(c) Yellow fever.
(d) Chagres fever.
3. Since William Nelson Cromwell has White House access, which John Tyler Morgan reportedly hates him for, what does Cromwell view that as proof of?
(a) Cromwell's effectiveness.
(b) Theodore Roosevelt's interest in Cromwell's views.
(c) Cromwell is a good cook.
(d) Theodore Roosevelt's friendship with Cromwell.
4. The 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique Technical Committe hears proposals for how many passage sites before focusing on the Americans' Nicaraguan and the Wyse plans?
5. When is the rainy season and how much is dropped along the line cutting through seven miles of swamps and marsh, beyond Gatun?
(a) June-October, 175-185 inches annually.
(b) July-November, 50-60 inches annually.
(c) May-September, 100-110 inches annually.
(d) May-December, 120-130 inches annually.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to newspapers, why does Le-Shu-Chang receive the longest applause when the opportunity to rise for recognition at the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique comes?
2. Both Napoleonic types, Philippe Banau-Varilla and William Nelson Cromwell are the "Panama Lobby" spokesmen, the latter a corporate lawyer with a mystery reputation who pulls strings, what is his motto?
3. What other term or phrase describes Phillippe Banau-Varilla besides bold, vain, personable, energetic, practical, and brilliant?
4. Which investigative group of the Panama Affair holds 63 sessions, receives 158 depositions, complies over 1,000 dossiers, but issues a report that embarrasses no colleagues?
5. What does the public prosecutor, Jules Quesnay de Beaurepaire, propose in October 1892?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)