|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 8 summarizes what evolves in the courtrooms and subsequent to massive corporate collapse that affects how many French investors?
(d) Over 1 million.
2. In just over a decade in Panama, the French spend $287 million and expend how many lives?
(a) Some 42,000 lives.
(b) Some 22,000.
(c) Some 32,000 lives.
(d) Some 12,000.
3. Jaques de Reinach is a nominal villain in comparison to whom?
(a) Ydouard Drumont.
(b) Ferdinand Martin.
(c) Cornelius Herz.
(d) Alexandre Ribot.
4. What is U.S. delegate Admiral Ammen's view of the American canal plan, given at the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique, with a 1,900 foot viaduct over the Chagres River, 12 locks at each end, and costing $94.6 million?
(a) Believes the cost estimate could be lowered somewhat.
(b) Supports the proposal wholeheartedly.
(c) Declares the whole thing impractical.
(d) States it requires only minor modifications.
5. French engineers at Panama look on American colleagues as merely adroit at improvisation, but find making do with what is available under pressure difficult and that Suez was too easy, as warned by whom?
(a) Baron de Lypinay.
(b) Gaston Blanchet.
(c) Armand Rycus.
(d) A. G. Menocal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do closed subcommittees at the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique in Paris establish that the Nicaragua canal route is?
2. According to newspapers, why does Le-Shu-Chang receive the longest applause when the opportunity to rise for recognition at the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique comes?
3. Why is it nearly impossible in the early stages of canal construction to maintain an adequate work force?
4. Once digging the "Great Trench" starts at Emperador on January 20, 1882, it moves how quickly?
5. A Compagnie Nouvelle du Canal de Panama is incorporated on October 20, 1894 and the liquidator extends the Wyse Concession through what year?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)