|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which investigative group of the Panama Affair holds 63 sessions, receives 158 depositions, complies over 1,000 dossiers, but issues a report that embarrasses no colleagues?
(a) Committee of Thirty-Three.
(b) Compagnie Universelle Investigatie Committee.
(c) De Lesseps Investigative Committee.
(d) Panama Investigative Committee.
2. Theodore Roosevelt declares he would have recommended the Congress take possession of the isthmus had the Panamanians not revolted, as which nation is not a responsible power?
3. A Saint Gotthard Tunnel engineer, Ribourt, warned the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique that, even 24 hours a day, the Wyse plan including a tunnel would take how long?
(a) No less than 9 years.
(b) No less than 10 years.
(c) Noless than 7 years.
(d) No less than 11 years.
4. In November 1881, who dies the apparent victim of malaria, the most common tropical disease?
(a) Lieutenant Reclus.
(b) Gaston Blanchet.
(c) Abel Couvreux.
(d) Henri Bionnr.
5. John Walker asks Compagnie Nouvelle to verify it's franchises and title in Pa nama in April 1901, gets no reply by June, and has William Cromwell ask directly how much his client wants. They reply how?
(a) They cannot reply until after the annual July meeting.
(b) They say they did not get Walker's query and will get back to him.
(c) Offended by Cromwell's blunt cable, they fire him.
(d) They state they are gathering the file, meanwhile have him make an offer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jaques de Reinach is the "Micros" article's inside source, but Ydouard Drumont denies testifying, unless he is pardoned for what type of conviction keeping him in prison?
2. Since William Nelson Cromwell has White House access, which John Tyler Morgan reportedly hates him for, what does Cromwell view that as proof of?
3. Why, on November 1, 1903, do Manuel Amador and a colleague let Colonel James Shaler know Colombian troops are approaching?
4. Once digging the "Great Trench" starts at Emperador on January 20, 1882, it moves how quickly?
5. Where does Manuel Amador send a coded telegram to on October 28, 1903?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)