|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique Technical Committe hears proposals for how many passage sites before focusing on the Americans' Nicaraguan and the Wyse plans?
2. What does the public prosecutor, Jules Quesnay de Beaurepaire, propose in October 1892?
(a) Improbable cause for civil or criminal action.
(b) Both a civil suit and criminal trial.
(c) Criminal trial.
(d) Civil suit for damages.
3. Who ensures the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique opens in May, the best time to be in Paris, has final say as to the agenda, rules, committee make-up, and entertainment?
(a) Alexandre Gustave Eiffel.
(b) Jules Flachet.
(c) Admiral de La Ronciere-Le Noury.
(d) Ferdinand de Lesseps.
4. Which delegate to the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique in Paris takes into consideration the deadly climate of Panama?
(a) Baron Nicholas-Joseph-Adolphe Godin de Lepinay.
(b) Vice Admiral Clement Baron de La Ronciere-Le Noury.
(c) Jules Quesnay de Beaurepaire.
(d) Francisco Lopez de Gomara.
5. Gustave Eiffel eventually is able to clear his name, but what does he do afterward?
(a) Becomes a politician in Greenland.
(b) Continues his building career.
(c) Gives up his building career.
(d) Takes his building career to the U.S.
Short Answer Questions
1. A sea-level canal built at Panama is just impossible, and using 1880s equipment, the lock canal approach maximizes what?
2. John Walker asks Compagnie Nouvelle to verify it's franchises and title in Pa nama in April 1901, gets no reply by June, and has William Cromwell ask directly how much his client wants. They reply how?
3. Ferdinand de Lesseps' second attempt at going public, is the largest financial endeavor yet, with each share ($100) representing a year's income for half of France's working class, but may be bought how?
4. In just over a decade in Panama, the French spend $287 million and expend how many lives?
5. Which survivors enjoy lifelong immunity from the disease that comes and goes in waves?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)