|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which investigative group of the Panama Affair holds 63 sessions, receives 158 depositions, complies over 1,000 dossiers, but issues a report that embarrasses no colleagues?
(a) Compagnie Universelle Investigatie Committee.
(b) Panama Investigative Committee.
(c) Committee of Thirty-Three.
(d) De Lesseps Investigative Committee.
2. In November 1881, who dies the apparent victim of malaria, the most common tropical disease?
(a) Henri Bionnr.
(b) Gaston Blanchet.
(c) Lieutenant Reclus.
(d) Abel Couvreux.
3. The liquidator's ordering a halt to work on the Isthmus instigates what among workers and shareholders?
(a) A run on financial institutions.
(b) Violent riots.
(c) They want to forget it.
(d) Polite petition for redress.
4. Yeas were primarily French, yet A.G. Menocal's analysis of the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique canal site vote showed how many were French Society of Engineers members?
5. The 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique Technical Committe hears proposals for how many passage sites before focusing on the Americans' Nicaraguan and the Wyse plans?
Short Answer Questions
1. In June of 1881, Ferdinand de Lesseps pays Park's price, that has increased $200 per share to $250 cash, consuming how much of the company's resources?
2. What is U.S. delegate Admiral Ammen's view of the American canal plan, given at the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique, with a 1,900 foot viaduct over the Chagres River, 12 locks at each end, and costing $94.6 million?
3. In a special message to Congress on January 4, 1904, Theodore Roosevelt claims what nation violates a U.S. mandate to build the canal, the "great design" of the 1846 treaty to secure its construction?
4. Which survivors enjoy lifelong immunity from the disease that comes and goes in waves?
5. What does Theodore Roosevelt stress in his autobiography as to his action in Panama?.
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)