|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to newspapers, why does Le-Shu-Chang receive the longest applause when the opportunity to rise for recognition at the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique comes?
(a) China was recognized for constructng the 999-room palace in Lhasa, Tibet.
(b) China was recognized for constructing the large dams and the Great Wall by engineers.
(c) Because China was expected to provide the labor to dig the canal.
(d) The Chinese delegation had come the farthest distance.
2. When is the rainy season and how much is dropped along the line cutting through seven miles of swamps and marsh, beyond Gatun?
(a) July-November, 50-60 inches annually.
(b) May-September, 100-110 inches annually.
(c) June-October, 175-185 inches annually.
(d) May-December, 120-130 inches annually.
3. Gustave Eiffel eventually is able to clear his name, but what does he do afterward?
(a) Takes his building career to the U.S.
(b) Gives up his building career.
(c) Continues his building career.
(d) Becomes a politician in Greenland.
4. Which investigative group of the Panama Affair holds 63 sessions, receives 158 depositions, complies over 1,000 dossiers, but issues a report that embarrasses no colleagues?
(a) Compagnie Universelle Investigatie Committee.
(b) Panama Investigative Committee.
(c) De Lesseps Investigative Committee.
(d) Committee of Thirty-Three.
5. Jaques de Reinach is the "Micros" article's inside source, but Ydouard Drumont denies testifying, unless he is pardoned for what type of conviction keeping him in prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. U.S. delegate Commander Selfridge raises what issue regarding Nicaragua while at the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique in Paris?
2. What does the public prosecutor, Jules Quesnay de Beaurepaire, propose in October 1892?
3. Phillippe Banau-Varilla goes to the "Lion's Cage," the home of John T. Morgan, and it almost comes to blows when Morgan terms Panama as what?
4. Once digging the "Great Trench" starts at Emperador on January 20, 1882, it moves how quickly?
5. Jaques de Reinach is a nominal villain in comparison to whom?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)