|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In June of 1881, Ferdinand de Lesseps pays Park's price, that has increased $200 per share to $250 cash, consuming how much of the company's resources?
2. What 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique delegation drew attention by the maps and plans they brought that had never been seen in Europe before?
(a) The Nicaraguans.
(b) The Hawaiians.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Colombians.
3. Why is it nearly impossible in the early stages of canal construction to maintain an adequate work force?
(a) High illness rate.
(b) Frequent turnover.
(c) High death toll.
(d) Language differences.
4. A Compagnie Nouvelle du Canal de Panama is incorporated on October 20, 1894 and the liquidator extends the Wyse Concession through what year?
5. What is U.S. delegate Admiral Ammen's view of the American canal plan, given at the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique, with a 1,900 foot viaduct over the Chagres River, 12 locks at each end, and costing $94.6 million?
(a) Believes the cost estimate could be lowered somewhat.
(b) States it requires only minor modifications.
(c) Declares the whole thing impractical.
(d) Supports the proposal wholeheartedly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which investigative group of the Panama Affair holds 63 sessions, receives 158 depositions, complies over 1,000 dossiers, but issues a report that embarrasses no colleagues?
2. What does the public prosecutor, Jules Quesnay de Beaurepaire, propose in October 1892?
3. What 100+ edition, 1,000+ page book holding Jews responsible for all woes appears in 1886, and when the Compagnie Universelle fails, whose "history" of the firm is a best seller in 1890?
4. The Compagnie Universelle incorporates on March 3, 1881, with whom as officers?
5. What other term or phrase describes Phillippe Banau-Varilla besides bold, vain, personable, energetic, practical, and brilliant?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)