|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A Compagnie Nouvelle du Canal de Panama is incorporated on October 20, 1894 and the liquidator extends the Wyse Concession through what year?
2. What does Theodore Roosevelt stress in his autobiography as to his action in Panama?.
(a) He had to take quick action, or none at all.
(b) Maintains it was not impulsive.
(c) Admits in hindsight it was impulsive.
(d) It was not impulsive, the situation called for quick action.
3. "The Incredible Task" is the subtitle for Chapter 5 which chronicles the initial years of the Compagnie Universelle, marked by what?
(a) Soaring hopes, misleading propaganda, minimal but economical progress, and reasonable logistical and natural challenges.
(b) Low hopes, misleading propaganda, minimal and costly progress, and massive logistical and natural challenges.
(c) Cautious hopes, honest promotion, real but costly progress, and massive logistical and natural challenges.
(d) Soaring hopes, misleading propaganda, real but costly progress, and massive logistical and natural challenges.
4. Which investigative group of the Panama Affair holds 63 sessions, receives 158 depositions, complies over 1,000 dossiers, but issues a report that embarrasses no colleagues?
(a) Panama Investigative Committee.
(b) Committee of Thirty-Three.
(c) De Lesseps Investigative Committee.
(d) Compagnie Universelle Investigatie Committee.
5. A Saint Gotthard Tunnel engineer, Ribourt, warned the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique that, even 24 hours a day, the Wyse plan including a tunnel would take how long?
(a) No less than 10 years.
(b) No less than 9 years.
(c) No less than 11 years.
(d) Noless than 7 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Compagnie Universelle incorporates on March 3, 1881, with whom as officers?
2. In just over a decade in Panama, the French spend $287 million and expend how many lives?
3. Which delegate to the 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique in Paris takes into consideration the deadly climate of Panama?
4. Once digging the "Great Trench" starts at Emperador on January 20, 1882, it moves how quickly?
5. What 1879 Congris International d'Ytudes du Canal Interocyanique delegation drew attention by the maps and plans they brought that had never been seen in Europe before?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)