|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jules Dingler quits upon approaching mental and physical collapse and Maurice Hutin steps in for a month before resigning also, who becomes acting head of the entire effort?
(a) Jaques Jonett.
(b) Phillipe Bunau-Varilla.
(c) Alexander de Duponte.
(d) William Kimball.
2. Company physicians agree on what as the best advice regarding the maladies associated with Panama?
(a) Leave the Isthmus quickly.
(b) Stay out of the hot sun.
(c) Avoid getting wet to protect against night air.
(d) Eat no fruit.
3. John Stevens feels the Panama Canal can be completed by January 1914, but doubts a sea- level version can be prior to what year?
4. The ICC's new Chairman, Theodore Perry Shonts, is best described how?
5. On March 10, 1902, the Morgan Committee reports out the Hepburn Bill favorably, recommending what?
(a) 7-4 a Nicaragua canal.
(b) 9-2 a Panama canal.
(c) 10-1 a Nicaragua canal.
(d) 6-5 a Panama canal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chairman Morgan appears happy questioning witnesses in February 1902, and his badgering of Ydouard Lampry, the Compagnie Nouvelle spokesman creates what?
2. Panama is divided into how many sections for work purposes?
3. What firm tows its first massive, steam-powered dredges to Colon in April of 1883?
4. On May 2, 1902, the second key swaying event following the Morgan Committee reports is Mount Pelye exploding on Martinique; how far away and how many killed?
5. Some mortality estimates go up to 75% among French immigrants and beds are reported to be at such a premium that the dying have been placed where?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)