|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Stevens feels the Panama Canal can be completed by January 1914, but doubts a sea- level version can be prior to what year?
2. When is the sanitation problem remedied at Colon when the town burns to the ground?
(a) March 30, 1885.
(b) March 29, 1885.
(c) March 31, 1885.
(d) April 1, 1885.
3. When Jules Dingler quits upon approaching mental and physical collapse and Maurice Hutin steps in for a month before resigning also, who becomes acting head of the entire effort?
(a) Jaques Jonett.
(b) Alexander de Duponte.
(c) William Kimball.
(d) Phillipe Bunau-Varilla.
4. On March 10, 1902, the Morgan Committee reports out the Hepburn Bill favorably, recommending what?
(a) 9-2 a Panama canal.
(b) 10-1 a Nicaragua canal.
(c) 6-5 a Panama canal.
(d) 7-4 a Nicaragua canal.
5. John Stevens is scheduled to accompany William H. Taft to the Philippines to advise on railroad construction, when who urges John Stevens to go to Panama as John Findley Wallace's successor?
(a) William N. Cromwell.
(b) Theodore Perry Shonts.
(c) John Findley Wallace.
(d) Charles F. Magoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ICC's new Chairman, Theodore Perry Shonts, is best described how?
2. The Morgan Committee rejects the Walker Commission recommendations, the Senate debates the issues for two weeks, and Mt. Pelye's explosion and a Nicaraguan stamp turn odds how?
3. Some mortality estimates go up to 75% among French immigrants and beds are reported to be at such a premium that the dying have been placed where?
4. Chairman Morgan appears happy questioning witnesses in February 1902, and his badgering of Ydouard Lampry, the Compagnie Nouvelle spokesman creates what?
5. Company physicians agree on what as the best advice regarding the maladies associated with Panama?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)