|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first event after the Morgan Commission that changes in favor of Panama, is Theodore Roosevelt reading news of how an audience, of civil engineers listening to Irving M. Scott in New York, does what?
(a) Unanimously rallies for Nicaragua.
(b) Unanimously rallies for Colombia.
(c) Unanimously rallies for Panama.
(d) Unanimously rallies for Mexico.
2. Julesa Dingler restores order and confidence upon arrival, distributes the workload, purges the disloyal, and formulates what?
(a) First of several French master plans in Panama.
(b) The only French master plan to be had in Panama.
(c) A plan to eliminate requirement for high laborer requirement.
(d) A design for huge dam with 30% steeper banks.
3. Company physicians agree on what as the best advice regarding the maladies associated with Panama?
(a) Stay out of the hot sun.
(b) Avoid getting wet to protect against night air.
(c) Eat no fruit.
(d) Leave the Isthmus quickly.
4. Ferdinand de Lesseps' name comes up repeatedly before the Morgan Committee through March 1902, reportedly like a what?
(a) Bond drive in support of the Panamal canal.
(b) Specter warning against Americans getting mired in ruin.
(c) Advertisement drive promoting the Panama canal.
(d) Call to join the nation's project at Panama in support of the U.S. Navy.
5. The ICC's new Chairman, Theodore Perry Shonts, is best described how?
Short Answer Questions
1. Some mortality estimates go up to 75% among French immigrants and beds are reported to be at such a premium that the dying have been placed where?
2. Who rebuilds Colon after it goes up in flames, killing 18 and leaving some 8,000 homeless?
3. When is the sanitation problem remedied at Colon when the town burns to the ground?
4. While dredging predominates in the lowlands, steam shovels, picks, shovels, and what else are key in the uplands?
5. When Jules Dingler quits upon approaching mental and physical collapse and Maurice Hutin steps in for a month before resigning also, who becomes acting head of the entire effort?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)