|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Panama is divided into how many sections for work purposes?
2. When Jules Dingler quits upon approaching mental and physical collapse and Maurice Hutin steps in for a month before resigning also, who becomes acting head of the entire effort?
(a) Jaques Jonett.
(b) Alexander de Duponte.
(c) Phillipe Bunau-Varilla.
(d) William Kimball.
3. Some mortality estimates go up to 75% among French immigrants and beds are reported to be at such a premium that the dying have been placed where?
(a) In coffins to await their end.
(b) Outside the hospital on the ground.
(c) On the railway platform to await a train to the cemetary when they die.
(d) On the floor in the basement.
4. When is the sanitation problem remedied at Colon when the town burns to the ground?
(a) March 29, 1885.
(b) April 1, 1885.
(c) March 30, 1885.
(d) March 31, 1885.
5. Ferdinand de Lesseps' name comes up repeatedly before the Morgan Committee through March 1902, reportedly like a what?
(a) Advertisement drive promoting the Panama canal.
(b) Call to join the nation's project at Panama in support of the U.S. Navy.
(c) Specter warning against Americans getting mired in ruin.
(d) Bond drive in support of the Panamal canal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rebuilds Colon after it goes up in flames, killing 18 and leaving some 8,000 homeless?
2. The Morgan Committee rejects the Walker Commission recommendations, the Senate debates the issues for two weeks, and Mt. Pelye's explosion and a Nicaraguan stamp turn odds how?
3. Company physicians agree on what as the best advice regarding the maladies associated with Panama?
4. What takes place subsequent to the arrival of Theodore Perry Shonts and John Stevens in Panama?
5. When do Theodore Perry Shonts and John Stevens land without ceremony at Colon?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)