Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pat react to what has to occur to his character in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
2. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," where is Pat when he wakes up?
3. What is the profession of the person Pat runs into in "Two Old-Timers"?
4. In "A Patriotic Short," what is Pat doing at the studio?
5. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," what does the secretary give Pat?
"Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish" carries a theme of kinship between two people who feel similarly unsympathetic feelings toward Gooddorf for different reasons. How do Pat and Helen bond? What are their feelings about Gooddorf, and how does this create a connection between the two of them? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
Pat used to be an important person at the studio. He was successful and popular, but that has changed. How has Pat's career transformed throughout the years? What is his role as a writer now, and how does his current role affect his judgment? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
In "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish," Pat finds out a secret and attempts blackmail in order to get a better job. Describe the situation in which Pat tries to blackmail someone. How is the theme of desperation reflected in this story? Cite a few examples of how the theme of desperation is reflected in the story. Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)