Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pat react to what has to occur to his character in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
2. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," where is Pat when he wakes up?
3. What is the profession of the person Pat runs into in "Two Old-Timers"?
4. In "A Patriotic Short," what is Pat doing at the studio?
5. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," what does the secretary give Pat?
Essay Topic 1
"Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish" carries a theme of kinship between two people who feel similarly unsympathetic feelings toward Gooddorf for different reasons. How do Pat and Helen bond? What are their feelings about Gooddorf, and how does this create a connection between the two of them? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
Essay Topic 2
One theme that plays out throughout The Pat Hobby Stories is unluckiness, and it is a prominent theme in "A Man in the Way." How is the theme of unluckiness reflected in the story? How is Pat affected by the theme of unluckiness? Cite two specific examples of how Pat is affected by the theme of unluckiness. Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
Essay Topic 3
In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," Pat experiences different feelings because of Orson Welles. Whom does Pat blame for his problems, and why? How is Pat responsible for his own problems? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)