|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pat react to what has to occur to his character in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
2. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," where is Pat when he wakes up?
3. What is the profession of the person Pat runs into in "Two Old-Timers"?
4. In "A Patriotic Short," what is Pat doing at the studio?
5. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," what does the secretary give Pat?
Essay Topic 1
In "Teamed With Genius," Pat's personality is reflected prominently in the story. Describe Pat's personality. How do Pat's actions reflect his personality in the story? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
Essay Topic 2
In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," Pat experiences different feelings because of Orson Welles. Whom does Pat blame for his problems, and why? How is Pat responsible for his own problems? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
Essay Topic 3
In "No Harm Trying," the story is built up in such a way that one thinks they will know the ending, but it ends up being a surprise. However, it reflects many themes from the collection of stories. What happens in the conclusion? What themes are reflected in the conclusion, and how are they reflected? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)