|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," who hears Pat's suggestion?
2. Whom does Pat invite to the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
3. Where does Pat ask someone for money in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
4. What does Pat discuss with the President in "A Patriotic Short"?
5. Who attends to Pat when he wakes up in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
Essay Topic 1
In "Teamed With Genius," Pat's personality is reflected prominently in the story. Describe Pat's personality. How do Pat's actions reflect his personality in the story? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Though Pat tries to do something good in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," he ends up being the bad guy. What were Pat's intentions in the story? What results from Pat's actions, and what does this reveal about his character? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
Essay Topic 3
In "Pat Hobby, Putative Father," Pat has never really known his son, who comes to visit the studio. Describe Pat and his son's relationship. How do Pat and his son view each other? How do their views affect the way they interact? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)