|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pat react to what has to occur to his character in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
2. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," where is Pat when he wakes up?
3. What is the profession of the person Pat runs into in "Two Old-Timers"?
4. In "A Patriotic Short," what is Pat doing at the studio?
5. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," what does the secretary give Pat?
Essay Topic 1
"Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish" carries a theme of kinship between two people who feel similarly unsympathetic feelings toward Gooddorf for different reasons. How do Pat and Helen bond? What are their feelings about Gooddorf, and how does this create a connection between the two of them? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Pat used to be an important person at the studio. He was successful and popular, but that has changed. How has Pat's career transformed throughout the years? What is his role as a writer now, and how does his current role affect his judgment? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
Essay Topic 3
In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," Pat shows another side of himself when he tries to uphold the protocol of the commissary. How is the theme of respect reflected in this story? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)