|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "No Harm Trying," why can't Pat use the brilliant movie idea?
2. In "Two Old-Timers," for what are the two men arrested?
3. Where does Pat ask someone for money in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
4. Where does Pat talk to the President in "A Patriotic Short"?
5. In "Two Old-Timers," what kind of movie does the arresting cop mention?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A prominent theme in The Pat Hobby Stories is the politics of Hollywood, and that theme is especially dominant in "Pat Hobby's Preview." How is the theme of Hollywood politics reflected in the story? How does Pat suffer under Hollywood politics? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
Essay Topic 2
In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," Pat experiences different feelings because of Orson Welles. Whom does Pat blame for his problems, and why? How is Pat responsible for his own problems? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
Essay Topic 3
In "No Harm Trying," the story is built up in such a way that one thinks they will know the ending, but it ends up being a surprise. However, it reflects many themes from the collection of stories. What happens in the conclusion? What themes are reflected in the conclusion, and how are they reflected? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)