|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What historical figure is Pat writing about in "A Patriotic Short"?
2. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," who got the last set of tickets available?
3. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," why does Pat's co-writer leave the preview?
4. How did a movie help the arresting cop in "Two Old-Timers"?
5. Where does Pat meet a young woman in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pat steal a hat in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
2. In "Two Old-Timers," what does Pat point out about Phil's acting days?
3. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," how does the artist try to get the look of desperation in Pat's face?
4. Why does Wainwright give Pat the tickets?
5. In "Mightier Than the Sword," why does Pat's script go unused?
6. Why does the staff forget about Pat, even though he passes out in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
7. What happens during the shooting of the scene in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
8. In "A Patriotic Short," why does Pat become nostalgic?
9. Why does Pat end up begging for tickets to the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview," and why is this significant?
10. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," what job does Pat find for the day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The story "No Harm Trying" is a good example of how things are not always as they seem. How are things much different than they appear in the story? Name three specific examples of how things are not as they originally appear in the story. Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
Essay Topic 2
In "Teamed With Genius," Pat's personality is reflected prominently in the story. Describe Pat's personality. How do Pat's actions reflect his personality in the story? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
Essay Topic 3
In "Pat Hobby's Preview," Pat meets an attractive young woman, and he asks her out. How is the theme of romance reflected in the story? How is Pat's romance tested in the story? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)