|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," what is supposed to happen to Pat's character?
2. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," what does Pat feel he needs to have?
3. How much is Pat offered to help a producer with a task in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
4. What was a symbol of success in Pat's heyday?
5. For what is a producer in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby" desperate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The story "No Harm Trying" is a good example of how things are not always as they seem. How are things much different than they appear in the story? Name three specific examples of how things are not as they originally appear in the story. Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
Essay Topic 2
In "No Harm Trying," the story is built up in such a way that one thinks they will know the ending, but it ends up being a surprise. However, it reflects many themes from the collection of stories. What happens in the conclusion? What themes are reflected in the conclusion, and how are they reflected? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
Essay Topic 3
In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," the theme of humiliation runs throughout the story. How is the theme of humiliation reflected in the story? How does the theme of humiliation affect Pat? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)