Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pat react to what has to occur to his character in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
2. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," where is Pat when he wakes up?
3. What is the profession of the person Pat runs into in "Two Old-Timers"?
4. In "A Patriotic Short," what is Pat doing at the studio?
5. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," what does the secretary give Pat?
Humor is a prominent aspect of The Pat Hobby Stories, and this is especially true in "Pat Hobby's Secret." How is the theme of humor reflected in the story? Cite three examples of how humor is reflected in the story and why each instance is humorous. Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
In "A Man in the Way," Pat shows his darker side. Describe the transformation of Pat's character throughout the story. What instigates his transformation? Does Pat's transformation aid or deter him? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
In "A Patriotic Short," Pat reminisces about the past. How do themes of the past present themselves in the story? Name two specific examples of how the themes of the past present themselves in the story. Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)