Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pat react to what has to occur to his character in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
2. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," where is Pat when he wakes up?
3. What is the profession of the person Pat runs into in "Two Old-Timers"?
4. In "A Patriotic Short," what is Pat doing at the studio?
5. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," what does the secretary give Pat?
Essay Topic 1
In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," Pat experiences different feelings because of Orson Welles. Whom does Pat blame for his problems, and why? How is Pat responsible for his own problems? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
Essay Topic 2
In "Pat Hobby's Preview," Pat meets an attractive young woman, and he asks her out. How is the theme of romance reflected in the story? How is Pat's romance tested in the story? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
Essay Topic 3
In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," Pat shows another side of himself when he tries to uphold the protocol of the commissary. How is the theme of respect reflected in this story? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)