Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gooddorf refuse to bend to Pat's demands in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
2. What executive does Pat go see in the beginning of "A Man in the Way"?
3. How is the condition for Pat's gift broken in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
4. Who does Pat recruit to steal the script in "Teamed with Genius"?
5. What tone is set by the events at the end of "A Man in the Way"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about the man who tries to sit at the Big Table in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
2. What happens when Pat steals the hat in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
3. In "Pat Hobby, Putative Father," who is Pat's son? Describe his origins.
4. In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," what shows Pat's desperation, and why is he desperate?
5. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," how does Pat get himself into trouble?
6. In "No Harm Trying," why does Pat's idea fail?
7. Why does Wainwright give Pat the tickets?
8. In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," how does Pat get a loan from Jeff?
9. Describe the character of Pat in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish."
10. Why does Pat end up begging for tickets to the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview," and why is this significant?
Essay Topic 1
In "A Patriotic Short," Pat reminisces about the past. How do themes of the past present themselves in the story? Name two specific examples of how the themes of the past present themselves in the story. Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Though Pat tries to do something good in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," he ends up being the bad guy. What were Pat's intentions in the story? What results from Pat's actions, and what does this reveal about his character? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
Essay Topic 3
In "Teamed With Genius," Pat's personality is reflected prominently in the story. Describe Pat's personality. How do Pat's actions reflect his personality in the story? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)