|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the studio hire Pat in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) So he can help pay his wife's hospital bills.
(b) They don't hire him.
(c) They need him for a project.
(d) They know he needs a job.
2. Whom does Pat end up consoling at the end of "Mightier Than the Sword"?
(b) Mr. Marcus.
(d) The original writer.
3. What does Pat need the money for in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) To pay his house rent.
(b) To keep his car.
(c) To buy a house.
(d) A hat.
4. In "Mightier Than the Sword," when does the studio want to begin production?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) Two months.
(d) Less than a week.
5. What is the alternative to getting undressed in "Fun in an Artist's Studio"?
(a) Losing his job.
(b) Foregoing the money he was supposed to make that day.
(c) Being blacklisted in Hollywood.
(d) Getting arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," why does Pat appear in all the scenes?
2. In "Two Old-Timers," for what are the two men arrested?
3. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," who orders Pat to undress?
4. How does Pat get into the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
5. What does the young woman want from "Pat in Fun in an Artist's Studio"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "No Harm Trying," whom does Pat bring together and for what purpose?
2. In "A Patriotic Short," why does Pat become nostalgic?
3. In "No Harm Trying," why does Pat's idea fail?
4. Why does Pat steal a hat in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
5. In "A Patriotic Short," what was Pat's life like in the past as a popular writer?
6. In "No Harm Trying," what results from Pat's efforts to create a movie?
7. Describe what faults Pat finds in the actress, call boy, and director in "No Harm Trying."
8. What results in Pat's job opportunity in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
9. What happens when Pat steals the hat in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
10. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," what job does Pat find for the day?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)