|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the studio eager to help Pat's wife in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) She is married to Pat.
(b) She is married to an executive.
(c) She used to work at the studio.
(d) She is a good person.
2. In "A Patriotic Short," whose house is next to Pat's house?
(a) The studio head's house.
(b) The president's house.
(c) Berners' house.
(d) Phil's house.
3. What does Pat recall about his heyday in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) The President's visit to the studio.
(b) His horrible movies.
(c) His marriage.
(d) His great movies.
4. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," with whom did Pat write a film?
(a) Mr. Marcus.
(c) Phil Macedon.
(d) Ward Wainwright.
5. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," who got the last set of tickets available?
(b) Phil Macedon.
(c) Ward Wainwright.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," who hears Pat's suggestion?
2. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," what does the secretary give Pat?
3. Who attends to Pat when he wakes up in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
4. What does the historical figure that Pat is writing about do in "A Patriotic Short"?
5. In "Mightier Than the Sword," the producer's idea for a script is about __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," what does being asked to sit for an artist cause Pat to feel?
2. Why does the staff forget about Pat, even though he passes out in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
3. In "Mightier Than the Sword," why does Pat's script go unused?
4. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," what does the co-writer's demand that Pat's name be taken off the credits indicate?
5. In "No Harm Trying," whom does Pat bring together and for what purpose?
6. In "No Harm Trying," what results from Pat's efforts to create a movie?
7. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," how does Pat get himself into trouble?
8. In "Two Old-Timers," what does Pat point out about Phil's acting days?
9. Why does Wainwright give Pat the tickets?
10. In "A Patriotic Short," why does Pat become nostalgic?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)