|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat recall about his heyday in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) His great movies.
(b) The President's visit to the studio.
(c) His horrible movies.
(d) His marriage.
2. In "A Patriotic Short," what is Pat doing at the studio?
(a) Acting out a scene.
(b) Begging for a job.
(c) Writing a scene.
(d) Touring the president around.
3. Why does the doorman refuse to let Pat into the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
(a) Pat doesn't have tickets.
(b) Pat is banned from previews.
(c) The man doesn't like Pat.
(d) Pat is not dressed appropriately.
4. What does the director do as Pat starts to leave in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) He fires an actor.
(b) He hires Pat.
(c) He calls action on the set.
(d) He fires the producer.
5. How did a movie help the arresting cop in "Two Old-Timers"?
(a) It helped him understand war.
(b) It helped his wife understand his war experiences.
(c) It made him feel better at a rough time in his life.
(d) It taught him new things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has bought a movie he can't make in "No Harm Trying"?
2. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," what does the secretary give Pat?
3. What does the co-writer of the movie want to do about Pat's credit in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
4. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," what does Pat steal?
5. In "Two Old-Timers," what kind of movie does the arresting cop mention?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," what has caused Pat to lose respect since movies have changed?
2. What happens during the shooting of the scene in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
3. Why does Pat end up begging for tickets to the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview," and why is this significant?
4. In "Mightier Than the Sword," why does Pat's script go unused?
5. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," how does Pat get himself into trouble?
6. In "Two Old-Timers," how does seeing Phil make Pat feel better about himself?
7. Why does Wainwright give Pat the tickets?
8. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," what is ironic in regards to Pat's reaction to his being forgotten in the ditch?
9. In "Two Old-Timers," what does Pat point out about Phil's acting days?
10. Why does the staff forget about Pat, even though he passes out in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)