|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the historical figure that Pat is writing about do in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) He kills someone.
(b) He gives a commission to Woodrow Wilson's nephew.
(c) He dies.
(d) He gives a commission to Robert E. Lee's nephew.
2. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," what is the profession of the young woman that Pat meets?
(d) An artist.
3. When was Pat asked to sit at the Big Table in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) After the President's visit.
(b) During the President's visit.
(c) After his downfall.
(d) Before the President's visit.
4. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," whom does Pat ask for a loan?
(a) An actor.
(b) His wife.
(d) Mr. Marcus.
5. For what is a producer in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby" desperate?
(a) A new radio show.
(b) An original title.
(c) A new play.
(d) A new actor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "No Harm Trying," who has a brilliant idea for a movie?
2. What kind of tickets does Pat have in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
3. In "No Harm Trying," what does Pat try to pitch to the studio executive?
4. In "Mightier Than the Sword," the producer's idea for a script is about __________.
5. Why was Pat asked to sit at the Big Table in "A Patriotic Short"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What results in Pat's job opportunity in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
2. What happens when Pat steals the hat in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
3. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," what has caused Pat to lose respect since movies have changed?
4. In "A Patriotic Short," what does a swimming pool represent?
5. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," what does being asked to sit for an artist cause Pat to feel?
6. In "Mightier Than the Sword," why does Pat's script go unused?
7. In "Mightier Than the Sword," how does Pat get a job?
8. Describe Pat's experience with the President in "A Patriotic Short."
9. In "A Patriotic Short," what was Pat's life like in the past as a popular writer?
10. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," what is ironic in regards to Pat's reaction to his being forgotten in the ditch?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)