|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Two Old-Timers," for what are the two men arrested?
(a) Public intoxication.
(b) Interfering in an investigation.
2. What happens to the male star of the film in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) He wins an Oscar.
(b) He dies.
(c) He breaks his leg.
(d) He quits.
3. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," where does Pat meet a young female?
(a) A bank.
(b) The set of a film.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The commissary.
4. What has left Pat's wife depressed in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) Her mom died.
(b) Her dad died.
(c) Pat leaves her.
(d) Her new husband and child have died.
5. In "A Patriotic Short," whose house is next to Pat's house?
(a) Berners' house.
(b) Phil's house.
(c) The president's house.
(d) The studio head's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has bought a movie he can't make in "No Harm Trying"?
2. What does Pat do in the scene in the ditch in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
3. Why does Pat leave before being paid in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
4. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," who goes into the preview with Pat?
5. Why does the doorman refuse to let Pat into the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Mightier Than the Sword," why does Pat's script go unused?
2. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," what does the co-writer's demand that Pat's name be taken off the credits indicate?
3. What results in Pat's job opportunity in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
4. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," what is ironic in regards to Pat's reaction to his being forgotten in the ditch?
5. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," what has caused Pat to lose respect since movies have changed?
6. What happens when Pat steals the hat in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
7. In "A Patriotic Short," why does Pat become nostalgic?
8. In "No Harm Trying," whom does Pat bring together and for what purpose?
9. In "A Patriotic Short," what was Pat's life like in the past as a popular writer?
10. In "A Patriotic Short," what does a swimming pool represent?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)