|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," what is supposed to happen to Pat's character?
(a) He is supposed to be run over by a car.
(b) He is supposed to fall out of a tree.
(c) He is supposed to be shot.
(d) He is supposed to kill someone.
2. What causes Pat to recall his past in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) A magazine.
(b) A book.
(c) A person who walks into the studio.
(d) The scene he is writing.
3. For what is a producer in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby" desperate?
(a) A new radio show.
(b) A new actor.
(c) An original title.
(d) A new play.
4. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," who goes into the preview with Pat?
(a) His son.
(b) A girl.
(c) His mom.
5. What does the co-writer of the movie want to do about Pat's credit in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
(a) He wants Pat's name taken off the credits.
(b) He wants to only put Pat's name.
(c) He wants to add Pat's name to the credits.
(d) He wants to make Pat pay for the credit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," why does Pat appear in all the scenes?
2. When was Pat asked to sit at the Big Table in "A Patriotic Short"?
3. What does the message to Pat say in "No Harm Trying"?
4. Why does Pat feel that he needs a certain item in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
5. When does someone notice that Pat was caught in a scene in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," how does the artist try to get the look of desperation in Pat's face?
2. In "A Patriotic Short," what does a swimming pool represent?
3. In "Mightier Than the Sword," how does Pat get a job?
4. Describe what faults Pat finds in the actress, call boy, and director in "No Harm Trying."
5. In "No Harm Trying," whom does Pat bring together and for what purpose?
6. Describe Pat's experience with the President in "A Patriotic Short."
7. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," what does being asked to sit for an artist cause Pat to feel?
8. Why does the staff forget about Pat, even though he passes out in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
9. In "No Harm Trying," why does Pat's idea fail?
10. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," what has caused Pat to lose respect since movies have changed?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)