|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Patriotic Short," where did the president attend a party?
(a) Pat's house.
(b) The studio head's house.
(c) Berners' house.
(d) Phil's house.
2. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," where is Pat when he wakes up?
(a) Still in the ditch.
(b) In the office.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) At home.
3. What does the message to Pat say in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) His son died.
(b) His wife died.
(c) His son tried to kill himself.
(d) His wife tried to kill herself.
4. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," whom does Pat ask for a loan?
(b) Mr. Marcus.
(c) An actor.
(d) His wife.
5. Whom does Pat end up consoling at the end of "Mightier Than the Sword"?
(a) The original writer.
(b) Mr. Marcus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the doorman refuse to let Pat into the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
2. For what is a producer in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby" desperate?
3. How did a movie help the arresting cop in "Two Old-Timers"?
4. What does Pat find himself unable to write in "Mightier Than the Sword"?
5. What kind of tickets does Pat have in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," what is ironic in regards to Pat's reaction to his being forgotten in the ditch?
2. In "A Patriotic Short," what was Pat's life like in the past as a popular writer?
3. In "Two Old-Timers," what does Pat point out about Phil's acting days?
4. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," what job does Pat find for the day?
5. In "A Patriotic Short," what does a swimming pool represent?
6. In "No Harm Trying," what results from Pat's efforts to create a movie?
7. In "No Harm Trying," whom does Pat bring together and for what purpose?
8. In "Mightier Than the Sword," how does Pat get a job?
9. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," what does the co-writer's demand that Pat's name be taken off the credits indicate?
10. What results in Pat's job opportunity in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)