|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the actress in "No Harm Trying" not worked?
(a) She is a bad actress.
(b) She has no transportation to auditions.
(c) She has a bad temper.
(d) She can't speak English.
2. Why is the studio eager to help Pat's wife in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) She is married to Pat.
(b) She is a good person.
(c) She used to work at the studio.
(d) She is married to an executive.
3. In "A Patriotic Short," what is Pat doing at the studio?
(a) Touring the president around.
(b) Acting out a scene.
(c) Writing a scene.
(d) Begging for a job.
4. What happens to the male star of the film in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) He wins an Oscar.
(b) He dies.
(c) He breaks his leg.
(d) He quits.
5. When was Pat asked to sit at the Big Table in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) After the President's visit.
(b) After his downfall.
(c) Before the President's visit.
(d) During the President's visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tickets does Pat have in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
2. Why does the studio hire Pat in "No Harm Trying"?
3. Why does Pat feel that he needs a certain item in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
4. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," what is the profession of the young woman that Pat meets?
5. In "Two Old-Timers," what kind of movie does the arresting cop mention?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," what does being asked to sit for an artist cause Pat to feel?
2. In "No Harm Trying," why does Pat's idea fail?
3. What results in Pat's job opportunity in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
4. In "Mightier Than the Sword," why does Pat's script go unused?
5. In "No Harm Trying," whom does Pat bring together and for what purpose?
6. Why does the staff forget about Pat, even though he passes out in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
7. What happens during the shooting of the scene in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
8. In "No Harm Trying," what results from Pat's efforts to create a movie?
9. In "Two Old-Timers," how does seeing Phil make Pat feel better about himself?
10. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," how does Pat get himself into trouble?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)