|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pat react to what has to occur to his character in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) He objects.
(b) He runs off.
(c) He agrees wholeheartedly.
(d) He cries.
2. What does Pat recall about his heyday in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) His horrible movies.
(b) The President's visit to the studio.
(c) His marriage.
(d) His great movies.
3. Why was Pat asked to sit at the Big Table in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) To beg for a job.
(b) To represent the writers at the studio.
(c) To explain his new screenplay.
(d) To explain his problems.
4. Why is the studio eager to help Pat's wife in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) She is married to Pat.
(b) She is married to an executive.
(c) She used to work at the studio.
(d) She is a good person.
5. What does the co-writer of the movie want to do about Pat's credit in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
(a) He wants to only put Pat's name.
(b) He wants to make Pat pay for the credit.
(c) He wants Pat's name taken off the credits.
(d) He wants to add Pat's name to the credits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has bought a movie he can't make in "No Harm Trying"?
2. When was Pat asked to sit at the Big Table in "A Patriotic Short"?
3. In "Mightier Than the Sword," the producer's idea for a script is about __________.
4. In "A Patriotic Short," what is Pat doing at the studio?
5. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," why does Pat's co-writer leave the preview?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Two Old-Timers," what does Pat point out about Phil's acting days?
2. Why does Pat end up begging for tickets to the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview," and why is this significant?
3. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," what job does Pat find for the day?
4. What results in Pat's job opportunity in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
5. Describe Pat's experience with the President in "A Patriotic Short."
6. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," what has caused Pat to lose respect since movies have changed?
7. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," what does being asked to sit for an artist cause Pat to feel?
8. Why does Pat steal a hat in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
9. What happens when Pat steals the hat in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
10. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," how does the artist try to get the look of desperation in Pat's face?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)