|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Patriotic Short," what is Pat doing at the studio?
(a) Writing a scene.
(b) Begging for a job.
(c) Acting out a scene.
(d) Touring the president around.
2. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," to whom does the item that Pat steals belong?
(a) Phil Macedon.
(b) The President.
(c) Mr. Marcus.
3. Why does the doorman refuse to let Pat into the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
(a) The man doesn't like Pat.
(b) Pat doesn't have tickets.
(c) Pat is not dressed appropriately.
(d) Pat is banned from previews.
4. What does the historical figure that Pat is writing about do in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) He gives a commission to Robert E. Lee's nephew.
(b) He kills someone.
(c) He dies.
(d) He gives a commission to Woodrow Wilson's nephew.
5. What does the director do as Pat starts to leave in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) He fires an actor.
(b) He hires Pat.
(c) He fires the producer.
(d) He calls action on the set.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pat talk to the President in "A Patriotic Short"?
2. Why was Pat asked to sit at the Big Table in "A Patriotic Short"?
3. How did a movie help the arresting cop in "Two Old-Timers"?
4. What does Pat find himself unable to write in "Mightier Than the Sword"?
5. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," who got the last set of tickets available?
Short Essay Questions
1. What results in Pat's job opportunity in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
2. In "Mightier Than the Sword," how does Pat get a job?
3. What happens during the shooting of the scene in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
4. In "A Patriotic Short," what does a swimming pool represent?
5. Describe what faults Pat finds in the actress, call boy, and director in "No Harm Trying."
6. In "No Harm Trying," whom does Pat bring together and for what purpose?
7. Why does Pat steal a hat in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
8. What happens when Pat steals the hat in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
9. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," what does being asked to sit for an artist cause Pat to feel?
10. Why does the staff forget about Pat, even though he passes out in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)