|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," why does Pat's co-writer leave the preview?
(a) He is asked to leave.
(b) He doesn't want his name associated with such a bad movie.
(c) He gets sick.
(d) He has a family emergency.
2. Whom does Pat end up consoling at the end of "Mightier Than the Sword"?
(c) Mr. Marcus.
(d) The original writer.
3. What does the message to Pat say in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) His son tried to kill himself.
(b) His wife tried to kill herself.
(c) His wife died.
(d) His son died.
4. What is the alternative to getting undressed in "Fun in an Artist's Studio"?
(a) Losing his job.
(b) Foregoing the money he was supposed to make that day.
(c) Being blacklisted in Hollywood.
(d) Getting arrested.
5. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," what is supposed to happen to Pat's character?
(a) He is supposed to be run over by a car.
(b) He is supposed to be shot.
(c) He is supposed to kill someone.
(d) He is supposed to fall out of a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat discuss with the President in "A Patriotic Short"?
2. Why does the doorman refuse to let Pat into the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
3. What was a symbol of success in Pat's heyday?
4. What does the director do as Pat starts to leave in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
5. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," who goes into the preview with Pat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pat steal a hat in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
2. In "No Harm Trying," why does Pat's idea fail?
3. What results in Pat's job opportunity in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
4. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," what job does Pat find for the day?
5. In "A Patriotic Short," why does Pat become nostalgic?
6. What happens when Pat steals the hat in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
7. Describe what faults Pat finds in the actress, call boy, and director in "No Harm Trying."
8. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," what does being asked to sit for an artist cause Pat to feel?
9. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," how does the artist try to get the look of desperation in Pat's face?
10. In "Mightier Than the Sword," how does Pat get a job?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)