|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," what is supposed to happen to Pat's character?
(a) He is supposed to be shot.
(b) He is supposed to fall out of a tree.
(c) He is supposed to kill someone.
(d) He is supposed to be run over by a car.
2. What does Pat do in the scene in the ditch in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) He yells.
(b) He does really well.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He cries.
3. How did a movie help the arresting cop in "Two Old-Timers"?
(a) It helped him understand war.
(b) It made him feel better at a rough time in his life.
(c) It taught him new things.
(d) It helped his wife understand his war experiences.
4. Whom does Pat end up consoling at the end of "Mightier Than the Sword"?
(a) Mr. Marcus.
(d) The original writer.
5. Why is the studio eager to help Pat's wife in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) She used to work at the studio.
(b) She is a good person.
(c) She is married to an executive.
(d) She is married to Pat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does someone notice that Pat was caught in a scene in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
2. In "Two Old-Timers," for what are the two men arrested?
3. In "No Harm Trying," who has a brilliant idea for a movie?
4. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," who hears Pat's suggestion?
5. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," to whom does the item that Pat steals belong?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Pat's experience with the President in "A Patriotic Short."
2. What happens during the shooting of the scene in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
3. Describe what faults Pat finds in the actress, call boy, and director in "No Harm Trying."
4. In "No Harm Trying," why does Pat's idea fail?
5. In "No Harm Trying," whom does Pat bring together and for what purpose?
6. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," what is ironic in regards to Pat's reaction to his being forgotten in the ditch?
7. In "Mightier Than the Sword," why does Pat's script go unused?
8. Why does Pat end up begging for tickets to the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview," and why is this significant?
9. Why does Pat steal a hat in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
10. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," what does being asked to sit for an artist cause Pat to feel?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)