|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pat steal an item from in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
(a) An office.
(b) The commissary.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) A set.
2. In "A Patriotic Short," where did the president attend a party?
(a) Phil's house.
(b) The studio head's house.
(c) Berners' house.
(d) Pat's house.
3. Why is the studio eager to help Pat's wife in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) She is a good person.
(b) She is married to Pat.
(c) She used to work at the studio.
(d) She is married to an executive.
4. What historical figure is Pat writing about in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) President McKinley.
(b) President Roosevelt.
(c) President Clinton.
(d) President Wilson.
5. What has left Pat's wife depressed in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) Pat leaves her.
(b) Her dad died.
(c) Her mom died.
(d) Her new husband and child have died.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pat get into the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
2. In "Two Old-Timers," whom does Pat run into?
3. What does Pat want in the beginning of "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
4. What does Pat find himself unable to write in "Mightier Than the Sword"?
5. In "Two Old-Timers," what kind of movie does the arresting cop mention?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," how does Pat get himself into trouble?
2. Describe Pat's experience with the President in "A Patriotic Short."
3. What happens when Pat steals the hat in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
4. In "A Patriotic Short," what was Pat's life like in the past as a popular writer?
5. In "Mightier Than the Sword," how does Pat get a job?
6. In "A Patriotic Short," what does a swimming pool represent?
7. In "No Harm Trying," what results from Pat's efforts to create a movie?
8. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," what is ironic in regards to Pat's reaction to his being forgotten in the ditch?
9. Why does Wainwright give Pat the tickets?
10. In "A Patriotic Short," why does Pat become nostalgic?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)