|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," who got the last set of tickets available?
(a) Phil Macedon.
(c) Ward Wainwright.
2. What is the profession of the person Pat runs into in "Two Old-Timers"?
3. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," what is supposed to happen to Pat's character?
(a) He is supposed to be shot.
(b) He is supposed to be run over by a car.
(c) He is supposed to fall out of a tree.
(d) He is supposed to kill someone.
4. What color is the item that Pat steals in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
5. In "No Harm Trying," what does Pat try to pitch to the studio executive?
(a) A tv show idea.
(b) An article idea.
(c) A book idea.
(d) A movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did a movie help the arresting cop in "Two Old-Timers"?
2. Why was Pat asked to sit at the Big Table in "A Patriotic Short"?
3. In "No Harm Trying," why can't Pat use the brilliant movie idea?
4. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," what does Pat feel he needs to have?
5. Where does Pat hide while people search for the item he stole in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What results in Pat's job opportunity in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
2. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," how does Pat get himself into trouble?
3. Describe what faults Pat finds in the actress, call boy, and director in "No Harm Trying."
4. In "Mightier Than the Sword," why does Pat's script go unused?
5. In "A Patriotic Short," why does Pat become nostalgic?
6. Describe Pat's experience with the President in "A Patriotic Short."
7. In "Two Old-Timers," how does seeing Phil make Pat feel better about himself?
8. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," what job does Pat find for the day?
9. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," what does the co-writer's demand that Pat's name be taken off the credits indicate?
10. Why does Pat end up begging for tickets to the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview," and why is this significant?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)