|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______________ is taken to the infirmary in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles."
(a) Orson Welles.
(b) Mr. Marcus.
2. What is Berners' likely reaction to the truth at the end of "A Man in the Way"?
3. What tone is set by the events at the end of "A Man in the Way"?
4. Who hires Pat to help write a screenplay in "Teamed with Genius"?
(a) Ward Wainwright.
(b) Phil Macedon.
(d) Mr. Marcus.
5. How does Pat react to what he sees at lunch in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
(a) With neutralness.
(b) With happiness.
(c) With shock.
(d) With sadness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pat find the writer in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
2. What does the executive in "A Man in the Way" tell Pat to do?
3. Whom does Pat run into on his way to show Berners the script in "Teamed with Genius"?
4. In "Pat Hobby's Secret," who threatens Pat at the inquest?
5. Whom does Pat see walking up the front steps at the end of "The Homes of the Stars"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," how does Pat get a loan from Jeff?
2. How does Pat stoop to a new low in "Teamed With Genius"?
3. How does Pat show his darker side in "A Man in the Way"?
4. In "Pat Hobby, Putative Father," what does Pat's son offer him and on what condition?
5. In "Pat Hobby, Putative Father," who is Pat's son? Describe his origins.
6. How does Pat mess up the opportunity he is given in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
7. In "Teamed With Genius," what does everyone else predict about Pat, and how do they anticipate his actions?
8. What happens when Pat directs the chauffeur to Shirley Temple's house in "The Homes of the Stars"?
9. What hints are given in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish" that indicate Pat's alcohol problem?
10. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," how does Pat try to fix the situation regarding the man trying to sit at the Big Table?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)