|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the visitors from in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
2. How long does Pat try to get the playwright to work in "Teamed with Genius"?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four weeks.
3. What does Pat go to Berners' office to do in "A Man in the Way"?
(a) To present Berners his own original idea.
(b) To present his completed script to Berners.
(c) To suggest the woman's idea as his own.
(d) To tell Berners he is unable to come up with an idea.
4. Who has finally arrived to Pat's office in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
(a) Pat's son.
(b) The actress.
(d) The secretary.
5. What kind of brochures does the man in "The Homes of the Stars" sell?
(a) Brochures that show locations of celebrities.
(b) Brochures for the studio.
(c) Brochures for famous restaurants.
(d) Brochures for cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," what does Pat notice at lunch?
2. What is the result of Pat's plan to secure a better position in the studio?
3. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," what is the Big Table?
4. What does Pat go to the writer's building to look for in "A Man in the Way"?
5. What does Pat use to hit someone at lunch in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby's Secret," how does Pat get the ending to the story from Woll?
2. In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," what shows Pat's desperation, and why is he desperate?
3. How does Pat stoop to a new low in "Teamed With Genius"?
4. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," how is Pat's behavior different from his previous actions in other stories?
5. In "Pat Hobby, Putative Father," what does Pat's son offer him and on what condition?
6. How does Pat show his darker side in "A Man in the Way"?
7. In "Pat Hobby, Putative Father," who is Pat's son? Describe his origins.
8. In "Teamed With Genius," why does Pat refuse to be left out in writing the script?
9. How does Pat react to Rene Wilcox in "Teamed With Genius"?
10. What hints are given in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish" that indicate Pat's alcohol problem?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)