|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pat explain his current unemployment in "The Homes of the Stars"?
(a) The Screen Playwriters' Guild is on strike.
(b) He is not a good writer.
(c) He is unemployed because he wants another career.
(d) No one will hire him.
2. Whom did Banizon originally hire to write a script in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
(a) Parke Woll.
(c) Mr. Marcus.
3. In "A Man in the Way," from where does the young woman get her idea?
(a) A book.
(b) A magazine article.
(c) A movie.
(d) Another person.
4. What are the conditions of the gift bestowed upon Pat in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
(a) England has to be at war.
(b) England can't be at war.
(c) Canada has to be at war.
(d) Canada can't be at war.
5. How did the person in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish" die?
(a) Unknown causes.
(d) He faked his death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat do at the end of "The Homes of the Stars"?
2. How does Pat get the visitors onto the set of a film in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
3. In "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish," what holiday is it?
4. Whom does Pat run into on his way to show Berners the script in "Teamed with Genius"?
5. What does Pat use to hit someone at lunch in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," how is Pat pushed to the back burner, even when he is dressed like Orson Welles?
2. In "Pat Hobby, Putative Father," who is Pat's son? Describe his origins.
3. How does "Boil Some Water--Lots of It" touch on the theme of respect?
4. In "Teamed With Genius," why does Pat refuse to be left out in writing the script?
5. What is revealed about the man who tries to sit at the Big Table in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
6. In "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish," how does Pat's desperation show through?
7. How does Pat feel about the change in movies in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
8. How does Pat react to Rene Wilcox in "Teamed With Genius"?
9. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," how does Pat try to fix the situation regarding the man trying to sit at the Big Table?
10. Who does Pat blame for his problem, and who should he be blaming in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)