|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen to Pat's gift if the condition is not met in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
(a) The allowance will go to Berners.
(b) Pat will owe him money.
(c) The allowance will revert to the British empire.
(d) Pat will get to keep half the allowance.
2. What does Pat talk about at lunch in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
(a) They discuss the script.
(b) They discuss acting in a movie.
(c) They discuss marriage.
(d) They discuss finding a job in another industry.
3. What is the name of the secretary in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
4. How does the young woman's actions at the end of "A Man in the Way" affect Pat?
(a) It secures his job.
(b) It gets them to work together.
(c) His lie is revealed.
(d) It gets him fired.
5. What is the result of Pat's actions in Berners' office in "A Man in the Way"?
(a) He becomes successful again.
(b) He is thrown out of the studio.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He is hired.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Teamed with Genius," whom will Pat help write the screenplay?
2. How much money is Pat going to get from Banizon in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
3. ______________ is taken to the infirmary in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles."
4. Whom does Pat hit at lunch in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
5. What is the result of Pat's plan to secure a better position in the studio?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Pat in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish."
2. In "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish," how does Pat's desperation show through?
3. In "Pat Hobby's Secret," how is the story a little more optimistic than the previous stories in the collection?
4. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," how is Pat's behavior different from his previous actions in other stories?
5. In "The Homes of the Stars," what happens when Pat leads a couple into the house that he pretends is Shirley Temple's?
6. How is Pat's lack of influence in Hollywood displayed in "The Homes of the Stars"?
7. What is revealed about the man who tries to sit at the Big Table in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
8. Who does Pat blame for his problem, and who should he be blaming in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
9. How does "Boil Some Water--Lots of It" touch on the theme of respect?
10. In "Teamed With Genius," why does Pat refuse to be left out in writing the script?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)