|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Pat owe money to in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
(a) Orson Welles.
(c) Mr. Marcus.
2. Where does Pat meet an executive in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
(a) His house.
(b) A bar.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The executive's house.
3. What kind of film is Pat Hobby working on in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
(a) A literary adaptation.
(b) A musical.
(c) A romance.
(d) A western.
4. In "A Man in the Way," what is the young woman's idea for a script?
(a) An actor who is out of work.
(b) Artifacts being shipped to Europe.
(c) Books being shipped to China.
(d) A writer who is out of work.
5. Whom does Pat have to dress like in order to get a loan in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
(b) Phil Macedon.
(c) Mr. Marcus.
(d) Orson Welles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Homes of the Stars," what happens to Pat's car?
2. What is the name of the secretary in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
3. According to Pat, who has overheard the ending to the script in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
4. What does Pat try to do to secure a better position in the studio in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
5. In "Teamed with Genius", how does Pat feel next to the playwright?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby's Secret," how is the story a little more optimistic than the previous stories in the collection?
2. How does Pat feel about the change in movies in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
3. How is Pat's lack of influence in Hollywood displayed in "The Homes of the Stars"?
4. How does Pat mess up the opportunity he is given in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
5. What hints are given in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish" that indicate Pat's alcohol problem?
6. In "The Homes of the Stars," what kind of scam does Pat run?
7. What is the biggest example of Pat's unluckiness in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
8. How does "Boil Some Water--Lots of It" touch on the theme of respect?
9. How does Pat show his darker side in "A Man in the Way"?
10. In "Teamed With Genius," what does everyone else predict about Pat, and how do they anticipate his actions?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)