|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat do on the stand in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
(b) Runs away.
(c) Tells the truth.
(d) Gets sick.
2. The man on the corner in "The Homes of the Stars" closes up for _____________.
(c) A holiday.
3. What does Banizon complain of in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
(a) He doesn't have a script.
(b) He doesn't have actors.
(c) He doesn't have money.
(d) He doesn't have the ending to a script.
4. According to Pat, who has overheard the ending to the script in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
(b) The secretary.
(d) Phil Macedon.
5. What happens to Pat's gift in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
(a) It is given back to the British empire.
(b) It is given to Berners.
(c) It is lost in a fire.
(d) It is given to Pat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Pat's ex-wife marry in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
2. What tone is set by the events at the end of "A Man in the Way"?
3. In "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish," what holiday is it?
4. In "The Homes of the Stars," what does Pat buy from the drug store?
5. How is the condition for Pat's gift broken in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," what is ironic in regards to Pat's reaction to his being forgotten in the ditch?
2. In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," how is Pat pushed to the back burner, even when he is dressed like Orson Welles?
3. In "Mightier Than the Sword," why does Pat's script go unused?
4. In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," what shows Pat's desperation, and why is he desperate?
5. How does Pat try to impress his son in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
6. In "No Harm Trying," what results from Pat's efforts to create a movie?
7. How does Pat mess up the opportunity he is given in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
8. How does Woll die in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
9. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," how does Pat get himself into trouble?
10. In "Mightier Than the Sword," how does Pat get a job?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)