|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pat go to fulfill the producer's wishes in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
(a) A school.
(b) The store.
(c) The library.
(d) The infirmary.
2. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," what was the person that Pat hit actually doing?
(a) Trying to get a job.
(b) Trying to talk to the executives.
(c) Playing a trick on Pat.
(d) Just playing a joke.
3. What happens to Pat's gift in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
(a) It is given to Pat.
(b) It is lost in a fire.
(c) It is given to Berners.
(d) It is given back to the British empire.
4. Whom does Pat see walking up the front steps at the end of "The Homes of the Stars"?
(a) Shirley Temple.
(b) Mr. Marcus.
(c) Clark Gable.
5. What does the young woman do at the end of "A Man in the Way"?
(a) She tells Berners her idea.
(b) She yells at Pat.
(c) She yells at Berners.
(d) She finds another job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Pat's plan to secure a better position in the studio?
2. What are the conditions of the gift bestowed upon Pat in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
3. Whom does Pat run into on his way to show Berners the script in "Teamed with Genius"?
4. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," what does the producer tell Pat?
5. What does the playwright do most of the time in "Teamed with Genius"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pat show his darker side in "A Man in the Way"?
2. How is Pat's lie revealed in "A Man in the Way"?
3. How does Pat react to Rene Wilcox in "Teamed With Genius"?
4. In "Pat Hobby, Putative Father," who is Pat's son? Describe his origins.
5. In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," what shows Pat's desperation, and why is he desperate?
6. How does Pat try to impress his son in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
7. What is revealed about the man who tries to sit at the Big Table in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
8. How does Pat feel about the change in movies in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
9. In "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish," how does Pat's desperation show through?
10. How does "Boil Some Water--Lots of It" touch on the theme of respect?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)