|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the young woman's actions at the end of "A Man in the Way" affect Pat?
(a) His lie is revealed.
(b) It gets them to work together.
(c) It secures his job.
(d) It gets him fired.
2. How long does Pat try to get the playwright to work in "Teamed with Genius"?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three days.
3. What does Pat do at the end of "The Homes of the Stars"?
(a) Gets arrested.
(b) Runs out of the house.
(c) Quits his job.
(d) Leads the couple out of the house.
4. What executive does Pat go see in the beginning of "A Man in the Way"?
(a) Phil Macedon.
(b) Mr. Marcus.
(c) Jack Berners.
(d) John Hobby.
5. Whom does Pat run into on his way to show Berners the script in "Teamed with Genius"?
(a) The studio bookie.
(b) Mr. Marcus.
(c) Phil Macedon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Banizon originally hire to write a script in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
2. In "A Man in the Way," what is the young woman's idea for a script?
3. ______________ is taken to the infirmary in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles."
4. In "The Homes of the Stars," how much does Pat agree to get paid?
5. How is the condition for Pat's gift broken in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Pat's lie revealed in "A Man in the Way"?
2. How does Pat react to Rene Wilcox in "Teamed With Genius"?
3. In "A Patriotic Short," why does Pat become nostalgic?
4. How does Pat show his darker side in "A Man in the Way"?
5. Why does Pat steal a hat in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
6. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," how does Pat get himself into trouble?
7. Why does Pat end his pitch abruptly in "Pat Hobby's College Days"?
8. In "Two Old-Timers," what does Pat point out about Phil's acting days?
9. How does Pat mess up the opportunity he is given in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
10. In "A Man in the Way," how does Berners react to finding out the truth about Pat?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)