|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refuses Pat's admittance into a place in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
(a) New security guards.
(b) Mr. Marcus.
(d) Orson Welles.
2. Where does Pat meet an executive in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
(a) The executive's house.
(b) A bar.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) His house.
3. In "The Homes of the Stars," what happens to Pat's car?
(a) It is stolen.
(b) Nothing happens to it.
(c) It is set on fire.
(d) It breaks down.
4. What does the couple in "The Homes of the Stars" first ask Pat?
(a) To show them the homes of the stars.
(b) To have dinner with them.
(c) To have lunch with them.
(d) To take them to the studio.
5. What makes the couple in "The Homes of the Stars" suspicious that they are in the wrong star's home?
(a) There are no children's rooms.
(b) There is only one child's room.
(c) There are two children's rooms.
(d) There is no one home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the writer in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
2. What does Pat use to hit someone at lunch in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
3. How does Pat react to what he sees at lunch in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
4. What does Pat try to get into in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
5. Who finishes the script in "Teamed with Genius"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "A Man in the Way," how does Berners react to finding out the truth about Pat?
2. In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," how is Pat pushed to the back burner, even when he is dressed like Orson Welles?
3. How does Pat show his darker side in "A Man in the Way"?
4. In "Pat Hobby's Secret," how is the story a little more optimistic than the previous stories in the collection?
5. In "The Homes of the Stars," what happens when Pat leads a couple into the house that he pretends is Shirley Temple's?
6. What does "A Man in the Way" show about Pat?
7. In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," how does Pat get a loan from Jeff?
8. In "Pat Hobby, Putative Father," what does Pat's son offer him and on what condition?
9. What happens when Pat directs the chauffeur to Shirley Temple's house in "The Homes of the Stars"?
10. How does Pat try to impress his son in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)