|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Pat run into on his way to show Berners the script in "Teamed with Genius"?
(b) Phil Macedon.
(c) Mr. Marcus.
(d) The studio bookie.
2. How long does Pat try to get the playwright to work in "Teamed with Genius"?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Three days.
3. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," what does Pat notice at lunch?
(a) A woman attempting to steal food.
(b) A woman attempting to sit at the Big Table.
(c) A man attempting to steal food.
(d) A man attempting to sit at the Big Table.
4. What does Pat try to get into in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
(a) The studio.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) An executive's house.
(d) A movie.
5. In "Teamed with Genius", how does Pat feel next to the playwright?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of brochures does the man in "The Homes of the Stars" sell?
2. ______________ is taken to the infirmary in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles."
3. What is the result of Pat's plan to secure a better position in the studio?
4. What does Pat say in the fake note he writes in "Teamed with Genius"?
5. What does the executive in "A Man in the Way" tell Pat to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What hints are given in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish" that indicate Pat's alcohol problem?
2. What happens when Pat directs the chauffeur to Shirley Temple's house in "The Homes of the Stars"?
3. How does "Boil Some Water--Lots of It" touch on the theme of respect?
4. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," how does Pat try to fix the situation regarding the man trying to sit at the Big Table?
5. Who does Pat blame for his problem, and who should he be blaming in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
6. How does Pat mess up the opportunity he is given in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
7. In "Pat Hobby, Putative Father," who is Pat's son? Describe his origins.
8. In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," how is Pat pushed to the back burner, even when he is dressed like Orson Welles?
9. In "Teamed With Genius," what does everyone else predict about Pat, and how do they anticipate his actions?
10. How does Pat show his darker side in "A Man in the Way"?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)