|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Pat see walking up the front steps at the end of "The Homes of the Stars"?
(b) Mr. Marcus.
(c) Shirley Temple.
(d) Clark Gable.
2. Where does Pat meet an executive in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
(a) The executive's house.
(b) A bar.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) His house.
3. Where does Pat find the writer in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
(a) A local bar.
(b) A house.
(c) The studio.
(d) A restaurant.
4. In "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish," Pat is chatting with a guy from the ______________.
(a) Costume department.
(b) Writing department.
(c) Scenario department.
(d) Acting department.
5. What is the result of Pat's actions in Berners' office in "A Man in the Way"?
(a) He is thrown out of the studio.
(b) He is fired.
(c) He is hired.
(d) He becomes successful again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Gooddorf's lover in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
2. What does the letter in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish" indicate?
3. Who died in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
4. What are the conditions of the gift bestowed upon Pat in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
5. In "Pat Hobby's Secret," what does all the excitement cause Pat to forget?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," how does Pat get a loan from Jeff?
2. In "The Homes of the Stars," what happens when Pat leads a couple into the house that he pretends is Shirley Temple's?
3. In "Teamed With Genius," what does everyone else predict about Pat, and how do they anticipate his actions?
4. In "Pat Hobby, Putative Father," what does Pat's son offer him and on what condition?
5. In "The Homes of the Stars," what kind of scam does Pat run?
6. In "Pat Hobby's Secret," how is the story a little more optimistic than the previous stories in the collection?
7. In "Pat Hobby's Secret," how does Pat get the ending to the story from Woll?
8. How does Woll die in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
9. In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," how is Pat pushed to the back burner, even when he is dressed like Orson Welles?
10. Describe the character of Pat in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish."
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)