|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Banizon originally hire to write a script in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
(b) Parke Woll.
(d) Mr. Marcus.
2. What does Pat use to hit someone at lunch in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
(a) A cup.
(b) A trash can.
(c) Some food.
(d) A metal tray.
3. What does Pat change in the script in "Teamed with Genius"?
(a) The entire script.
(d) The characters.
4. What happens to the writer in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
(a) He is kidnapped.
(b) He is accidentally killed.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He is shot.
5. In "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish," what holiday is it?
(a) New Year's Day.
(b) New Year's Eve.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) Christmas Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat do at the end of "The Homes of the Stars"?
2. How long does it take for the script to be finished in "Teamed with Genius"?
3. Who has finally arrived to Pat's office in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
4. Where does Pat find the writer in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
5. How is the condition for Pat's gift broken in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," how is Pat's behavior different from his previous actions in other stories?
2. How does Pat stoop to a new low in "Teamed With Genius"?
3. How does Pat react to Rene Wilcox in "Teamed With Genius"?
4. In "Teamed With Genius," why does Pat refuse to be left out in writing the script?
5. In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," how does Pat get a loan from Jeff?
6. Describe the character of Pat in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish."
7. What does "A Man in the Way" show about Pat?
8. How does Pat feel about the change in movies in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
9. How does Woll die in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
10. In "Pat Hobby's Secret," how is the story a little more optimistic than the previous stories in the collection?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)