|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Pat run into on his way to show Berners the script in "Teamed with Genius"?
(b) Mr. Marcus.
(c) The studio bookie.
(d) Phil Macedon.
2. What does the letter in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish" indicate?
(a) Happiness over the success of a crime.
(b) Guilt for a crime.
(c) Feelings of regret.
(d) It indicates nothing important.
3. What does Pat do at the end of "The Homes of the Stars"?
(a) Leads the couple out of the house.
(b) Gets arrested.
(c) Quits his job.
(d) Runs out of the house.
4. What does Pat do on the stand in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
(a) Runs away.
(c) Gets sick.
(d) Tells the truth.
5. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," what does the producer tell Pat?
(a) He loves his script.
(b) He cannot use his script.
(c) He can put whatever he wants in the script.
(d) Any medical content in the script must be authentic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses Pat's admittance into a place in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
2. What does Pat talk about at lunch in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
3. How does Pat feel about the person everyone keeps talking about in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
4. In "The Homes of the Stars," what does Pat buy from the drug store?
5. Whom did Pat's ex-wife marry in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Teamed With Genius," what does everyone else predict about Pat, and how do they anticipate his actions?
2. In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," what shows Pat's desperation, and why is he desperate?
3. In "Pat Hobby, Putative Father," who is Pat's son? Describe his origins.
4. In "A Man in the Way," how does Berners react to finding out the truth about Pat?
5. What is revealed about the man who tries to sit at the Big Table in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
6. How does Pat react to Rene Wilcox in "Teamed With Genius"?
7. What hints are given in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish" that indicate Pat's alcohol problem?
8. Describe the character of Pat in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish."
9. In "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish," how does Pat's desperation show through?
10. What happens when Pat directs the chauffeur to Shirley Temple's house in "The Homes of the Stars"?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)