|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby's Secret," what does all the excitement cause Pat to forget?
(a) His money.
(b) His lines for a scene.
(c) The ending to the script.
(d) His car.
2. In "The Homes of the Stars," what happens to Pat's car?
(a) It is set on fire.
(b) It is stolen.
(c) Nothing happens to it.
(d) It breaks down.
3. In "Pat Hobby's Secret," what is Mr. Banizon's profession?
(d) Studio producer.
4. Who was Gooddorf's lover in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
5. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," what does Pat notice at lunch?
(a) A woman attempting to sit at the Big Table.
(b) A man attempting to steal food.
(c) A woman attempting to steal food.
(d) A man attempting to sit at the Big Table.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," what does the producer tell Pat?
2. What does the playwright do most of the time in "Teamed with Genius"?
3. Who has a heart attack in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
4. ______________ is taken to the infirmary in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles."
5. What is the result of Pat's actions in Berners' office in "A Man in the Way"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," how is Pat pushed to the back burner, even when he is dressed like Orson Welles?
2. How does Pat try to impress his son in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
3. In "Teamed With Genius," what does everyone else predict about Pat, and how do they anticipate his actions?
4. In "Pat Hobby's Secret," how does Pat get the ending to the story from Woll?
5. In "Pat Hobby, Putative Father," what does Pat's son offer him and on what condition?
6. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," how is Pat's behavior different from his previous actions in other stories?
7. In "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish," how does Pat's desperation show through?
8. In "Pat Hobby, Putative Father," who is Pat's son? Describe his origins.
9. In "The Homes of the Stars," what happens when Pat leads a couple into the house that he pretends is Shirley Temple's?
10. In "Teamed With Genius," why does Pat refuse to be left out in writing the script?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)