|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the writer in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is accidentally killed.
(c) He is kidnapped.
(d) He is fired.
2. What does Pat do on the stand in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
(a) Gets sick.
(c) Tells the truth.
(d) Runs away.
3. Whom does Pat see walking up the front steps at the end of "The Homes of the Stars"?
(b) Clark Gable.
(c) Shirley Temple.
(d) Mr. Marcus.
4. In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," for what is Pat desperate?
(c) A wife.
(d) A house.
5. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," what is the Big Table?
(a) A table where conferences are held.
(b) The executives' table.
(c) A table for all the extras.
(d) A table for Pat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Berners' likely reaction to the truth at the end of "A Man in the Way"?
2. Whom does Pat have to dress like in order to get a loan in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
3. ______________ is taken to the infirmary in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles."
4. How long does Pat try to get the playwright to work in "Teamed with Genius"?
5. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," what was the person that Pat hit actually doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Woll die in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
2. In "The Homes of the Stars," what happens when Pat leads a couple into the house that he pretends is Shirley Temple's?
3. In "Pat Hobby, Putative Father," who is Pat's son? Describe his origins.
4. In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," how does Pat get a loan from Jeff?
5. How does Pat stoop to a new low in "Teamed With Genius"?
6. How does Pat feel about the change in movies in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
7. In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," how is Pat pushed to the back burner, even when he is dressed like Orson Welles?
8. How does "Boil Some Water--Lots of It" touch on the theme of respect?
9. In "The Homes of the Stars," what kind of scam does Pat run?
10. How does Pat mess up the opportunity he is given in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)