|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the writer that Banizon hired in "Pat Hobby's Secret" demand?
(a) Ten actors.
(b) A house.
(c) Ten scripts.
(d) More money.
2. In "A Man in the Way," what is the young woman's idea for a script?
(a) A writer who is out of work.
(b) Artifacts being shipped to Europe.
(c) An actor who is out of work.
(d) Books being shipped to China.
3. What will happen to Pat's gift if the condition is not met in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
(a) Pat will owe him money.
(b) The allowance will go to Berners.
(c) Pat will get to keep half the allowance.
(d) The allowance will revert to the British empire.
4. How long does Pat try to get the playwright to work in "Teamed with Genius"?
(a) Two days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
5. What does Pat go to the writer's building to look for in "A Man in the Way"?
(a) An empty office.
(b) Some actors.
(c) Some writers.
(d) Some producers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Banizon complain of in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
2. What happens to Pat at the end of "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
3. Where does Pat go to fulfill the producer's wishes in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
4. Who has a heart attack in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
5. What happens to Pat and the visitors after getting onto the set of the film in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Pat's lie revealed in "A Man in the Way"?
2. How is Pat's lack of influence in Hollywood displayed in "The Homes of the Stars"?
3. How does Pat stoop to a new low in "Teamed With Genius"?
4. In "The Homes of the Stars," what happens when Pat leads a couple into the house that he pretends is Shirley Temple's?
5. In "The Homes of the Stars," what kind of scam does Pat run?
6. In "Pat Hobby's Secret," how does Pat get the ending to the story from Woll?
7. How does Pat try to impress his son in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
8. How does Woll die in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
9. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," how is Pat's behavior different from his previous actions in other stories?
10. In "Pat Hobby, Putative Father," who is Pat's son? Describe his origins.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)