|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pat meet an executive in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
(a) His house.
(b) A bar.
(c) The executive's house.
(d) A restaurant.
2. What executive does Pat go see in the beginning of "A Man in the Way"?
(a) John Hobby.
(b) Phil Macedon.
(c) Jack Berners.
(d) Mr. Marcus.
3. Who has a heart attack in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
(a) Mr. Marcus.
(d) Orson Welles.
4. Where are the visitors from in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
5. In "Pat Hobby's Secret," what is Mr. Banizon's profession?
(b) Studio producer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," whom does everyone keep talking about?
2. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," what does Pat notice at lunch?
3. How is the condition for Pat's gift broken in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
4. Why does Gooddorf refuse to bend to Pat's demands in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
5. Whom does Pat blame for his problems in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does "A Man in the Way" show about Pat?
2. How is Pat's lie revealed in "A Man in the Way"?
3. Who does Pat blame for his problem, and who should he be blaming in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
4. In "Pat Hobby's College Days," how does Pat sabotage himself?
5. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," how is Pat's behavior different from his previous actions in other stories?
6. In "A Patriotic Short," what was Pat's life like in the past as a popular writer?
7. What happens during the shooting of the scene in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
8. How does Pat show his darker side in "A Man in the Way"?
9. Describe what faults Pat finds in the actress, call boy, and director in "No Harm Trying."
10. Why does Pat end up begging for tickets to the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview," and why is this significant?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)