|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat go to Berners' office to do in "A Man in the Way"?
(a) To present Berners his own original idea.
(b) To tell Berners he is unable to come up with an idea.
(c) To suggest the woman's idea as his own.
(d) To present his completed script to Berners.
2. What does Pat use to hit someone at lunch in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
(a) A metal tray.
(b) Some food.
(c) A cup.
(d) A trash can.
3. What does Pat talk about at lunch in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
(a) They discuss the script.
(b) They discuss finding a job in another industry.
(c) They discuss marriage.
(d) They discuss acting in a movie.
4. According to Pat, who has overheard the ending to the script in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
(c) The secretary.
(d) Phil Macedon.
5. In "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish," Pat is chatting with a guy from the ______________.
(a) Writing department.
(b) Scenario department.
(c) Acting department.
(d) Costume department.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Banizon originally hire to write a script in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
2. What is Berners' likely reaction to the truth at the end of "A Man in the Way"?
3. What does Pat go to the writer's building to look for in "A Man in the Way"?
4. How does Pat feel about the person everyone keeps talking about in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
5. In "Pat Hobby, Putative Father," the two visitors want to meet ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," how is Pat's behavior different from his previous actions in other stories?
2. What hints are given in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish" that indicate Pat's alcohol problem?
3. In "Two Old-Timers," what does Pat point out about Phil's acting days?
4. In "A Man in the Way," how does Berners react to finding out the truth about Pat?
5. Why does Pat end his pitch abruptly in "Pat Hobby's College Days"?
6. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," what is ironic in regards to Pat's reaction to his being forgotten in the ditch?
7. In "Mightier Than the Sword," why does Pat's script go unused?
8. In "The Homes of the Stars," what kind of scam does Pat run?
9. What does "A Man in the Way" show about Pat?
10. How does Pat mess up the opportunity he is given in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)