|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pat working at in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A bank.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The studio.
2. ______________ is taken to the infirmary in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles."
(a) Orson Welles.
(c) Mr. Marcus.
3. What does Pat go to Berners' office to do in "A Man in the Way"?
(a) To suggest the woman's idea as his own.
(b) To tell Berners he is unable to come up with an idea.
(c) To present his completed script to Berners.
(d) To present Berners his own original idea.
4. In "Pat Hobby, Putative Father," the two visitors want to meet ______________.
(a) Mr. Marcus.
(c) A famous actress.
5. Who died in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
(a) An actor.
(b) An executive.
(c) Pat's wife.
(d) A writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat talk about at lunch in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
2. What does Pat try to do to secure a better position in the studio in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
3. What happens to Pat and the visitors after getting onto the set of the film in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
4. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," what is revealed about the person that Pat hit?
5. Whom did Pat's ex-wife marry in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about the man who tries to sit at the Big Table in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
2. In "A Man in the Way," how does Berners react to finding out the truth about Pat?
3. What hints are given in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish" that indicate Pat's alcohol problem?
4. How does "Boil Some Water--Lots of It" touch on the theme of respect?
5. In "Teamed With Genius," what does everyone else predict about Pat, and how do they anticipate his actions?
6. In "The Homes of the Stars," what happens when Pat leads a couple into the house that he pretends is Shirley Temple's?
7. In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," what shows Pat's desperation, and why is he desperate?
8. How does Woll die in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
9. In "The Homes of the Stars," what kind of scam does Pat run?
10. In "Pat Hobby, Putative Father," who is Pat's son? Describe his origins.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)