|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the male star of the film in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) He wins an Oscar.
(b) He breaks his leg.
(c) He dies.
(d) He quits.
2. In "No Harm Trying," who has sent a message to Pat?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) The studio.
(d) His mother.
3. What historical figure is Pat writing about in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) President McKinley.
(b) President Wilson.
(c) President Clinton.
(d) President Roosevelt.
4. What has left Pat's wife depressed in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) Her new husband and child have died.
(b) Pat leaves her.
(c) Her dad died.
(d) Her mom died.
5. Where does Pat talk to the President in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) In his pool.
(b) In his backyard.
(c) In Berners' house.
(d) In his house.
6. What does Pat recall about his heyday in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) His marriage.
(b) His great movies.
(c) The President's visit to the studio.
(d) His horrible movies.
7. In "Mightier Than the Sword," whose name does the producer put on the script?
(b) Mr. Marcus'.
(d) The secretary's.
8. How does Pat react to what has to occur to his character in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) He objects.
(b) He cries.
(c) He agrees wholeheartedly.
(d) He runs off.
9. In "Mightier Than the Sword," the producer's idea for a script is about __________.
(a) A singer.
(b) A composer.
(c) A writer.
(d) An actor.
10. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," where does Pat meet a young female?
(a) The set of a film.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A bank.
(d) The commissary.
11. What does Pat need the money for in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) To buy a house.
(b) A hat.
(c) To pay his house rent.
(d) To keep his car.
12. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," what is Pat's suggestion to the producer?
(a) Grand Hotel.
(b) Big Hotel.
(c) Hope is Home.
(d) The Birth of a Country.
13. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," why does Pat's co-writer leave the preview?
(a) He is asked to leave.
(b) He doesn't want his name associated with such a bad movie.
(c) He has a family emergency.
(d) He gets sick.
14. In "A Patriotic Short," what is Pat doing at the studio?
(a) Begging for a job.
(b) Acting out a scene.
(c) Writing a scene.
(d) Touring the president around.
15. What does Pat find himself unable to write in "Mightier Than the Sword"?
(a) An ending.
(b) The entire script.
(c) A beginning.
(d) Realistic dialogue for the script.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Pat offered to help a producer with a task in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
2. In "Two Old-Timers," for what are the two men arrested?
3. What does the director do as Pat starts to leave in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
4. Why has the actress in "No Harm Trying" not worked?
5. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," with whom did Pat write a film?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)