|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pat leave before being paid in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
(a) He is kicked out.
(b) He is caught in his lies.
(c) He is arrested for burglary.
(d) He is afraid someone will find out about his stealing.
2. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," with whom did Pat write a film?
(a) Phil Macedon.
(b) Mr. Marcus.
(c) Ward Wainwright.
3. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," to whom does the item that Pat steals belong?
(a) The President.
(b) Phil Macedon.
(c) Mr. Marcus.
4. What does Pat find himself unable to write in "Mightier Than the Sword"?
(a) Realistic dialogue for the script.
(b) An ending.
(c) A beginning.
(d) The entire script.
5. Where does Pat ask someone for money in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) In a bank.
(c) In an office.
(d) On set.
6. Why does the studio hire Pat in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) They don't hire him.
(b) They know he needs a job.
(c) So he can help pay his wife's hospital bills.
(d) They need him for a project.
7. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," where is Pat when he wakes up?
(a) Still in the ditch.
(b) At home.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) In the office.
8. In "Two Old-Timers," for what are the two men arrested?
(a) Interfering in an investigation.
(d) Public intoxication.
9. Where does Pat talk to the President in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) In Berners' house.
(b) In his backyard.
(c) In his pool.
(d) In his house.
10. In "A Patriotic Short," where did the president attend a party?
(a) Pat's house.
(b) Berners' house.
(c) The studio head's house.
(d) Phil's house.
11. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," what does the secretary give Pat?
(a) Ten tickets to the preview.
(c) A copy of his credits.
(d) An envelope with tickets in it.
12. When does someone notice that Pat was caught in a scene in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) When the males star leaves the studio.
(b) When the director leaves the studio.
(c) When the female star leaves the studio.
(d) When the producer leaves the studio.
13. What does Pat need the money for in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) To buy a house.
(b) A hat.
(c) To pay his house rent.
(d) To keep his car.
14. What was a symbol of success in Pat's heyday?
(d) His swimming pool.
15. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," who orders Pat to undress?
(b) The guard.
(c) Mr. Marcus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," what is the profession of the young woman that Pat meets?
2. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," what is Pat's suggestion to the producer?
3. Whom does Pat wait for in jail in "Two Old-Timers"?
4. In "No Harm Trying," what does Pat try to pitch to the studio executive?
5. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," whom does Pat ask for a loan?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)