|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the doorman refuse to let Pat into the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
(a) Pat doesn't have tickets.
(b) Pat is banned from previews.
(c) Pat is not dressed appropriately.
(d) The man doesn't like Pat.
2. Whom does Pat wait for in jail in "Two Old-Timers"?
(b) Mr. Marcus.
(c) The police supervisor.
(d) His wife.
3. Whom does Pat invite to the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
(a) His mom.
(b) His son.
(c) A young woman he just met.
(d) His wife.
4. What is the alternative to getting undressed in "Fun in an Artist's Studio"?
(a) Foregoing the money he was supposed to make that day.
(b) Being blacklisted in Hollywood.
(c) Getting arrested.
(d) Losing his job.
5. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," to whom does the item that Pat steals belong?
(a) Mr. Marcus.
(c) The President.
(d) Phil Macedon.
6. Why does the studio hire Pat in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) They know he needs a job.
(b) So he can help pay his wife's hospital bills.
(c) They need him for a project.
(d) They don't hire him.
7. What does Pat find himself unable to write in "Mightier Than the Sword"?
(a) An ending.
(b) A beginning.
(c) The entire script.
(d) Realistic dialogue for the script.
8. How does Pat get into the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
(a) He sneaks in.
(b) The doorman gets Pat some tickets.
(c) Wainwright tells the doorman to let him in.
(d) Berners lets him in.
9. What does Pat do in the scene in the ditch in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He does really well.
(c) He cries.
(d) He yells.
10. What does the message to Pat say in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) His wife tried to kill herself.
(b) His son died.
(c) His wife died.
(d) His son tried to kill himself.
11. Who has bought a movie he can't make in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) The director.
(c) The producer.
12. In "Mightier Than the Sword," whose name does the producer put on the script?
(b) The secretary's.
(c) Mr. Marcus'.
13. Where does Pat ask someone for money in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) On set.
(b) In an office.
(c) In a restaurant.
(d) In a bank.
14. How much is Pat offered to help a producer with a task in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) A hundred dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) Twenty five dollars.
15. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," what is Pat's suggestion to the producer?
(a) Hope is Home.
(b) The Birth of a Country.
(c) Grand Hotel.
(d) Big Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat recall about his heyday in "A Patriotic Short"?
2. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," what is the profession of the young woman that Pat meets?
3. Where does Pat talk to the President in "A Patriotic Short"?
4. In "Mightier Than the Sword," the producer's idea for a script is about __________.
5. What kind of tickets does Pat have in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)