|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the male star of the film in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) He breaks his leg.
(b) He quits.
(c) He dies.
(d) He wins an Oscar.
2. What causes Pat to recall his past in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) A book.
(b) The scene he is writing.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A person who walks into the studio.
3. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," why does Pat's co-writer leave the preview?
(a) He gets sick.
(b) He is asked to leave.
(c) He doesn't want his name associated with such a bad movie.
(d) He has a family emergency.
4. In "No Harm Trying," who has a brilliant idea for a movie?
(a) A call boy.
(b) An actress.
(d) A producer.
5. What does Pat do in the scene in the ditch in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He does really well.
(c) He cries.
(d) He yells.
6. Why has the actress in "No Harm Trying" not worked?
(a) She can't speak English.
(b) She has no transportation to auditions.
(c) She has a bad temper.
(d) She is a bad actress.
7. In "A Patriotic Short," what is Pat doing at the studio?
(a) Acting out a scene.
(b) Touring the president around.
(c) Begging for a job.
(d) Writing a scene.
8. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," to whom does the item that Pat steals belong?
(a) Phil Macedon.
(b) The President.
(d) Mr. Marcus.
9. In "Mightier Than the Sword," whose name does the producer put on the script?
(a) The secretary's.
(b) Mr. Marcus'.
10. What color is the item that Pat steals in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
11. What does the young woman want from "Pat in Fun in an Artist's Studio"?
(a) She wants him to donate to her cause.
(b) She wants to paint him.
(c) She wants to go out with him.
(d) She wants him to buy her a present.
12. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," why does Pat appear in all the scenes?
(a) To make the scenes sequential.
(b) He begged to be in them.
(c) He sneaked onto the set to be in them.
(d) He's a good actor.
13. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," who orders Pat to undress?
(a) The guard.
(d) Mr. Marcus.
14. What is the alternative to getting undressed in "Fun in an Artist's Studio"?
(a) Foregoing the money he was supposed to make that day.
(b) Getting arrested.
(c) Being blacklisted in Hollywood.
(d) Losing his job.
15. Whom does Pat invite to the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
(a) A young woman he just met.
(b) His son.
(c) His mom.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Two Old-Timers," what kind of movie does the arresting cop mention?
2. In "No Harm Trying," what does Pat try to pitch to the studio executive?
3. What is the profession of the person Pat runs into in "Two Old-Timers"?
4. Where does Pat talk to the President in "A Patriotic Short"?
5. What does the co-writer of the movie want to do about Pat's credit in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)