|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the co-writer of the movie want to do about Pat's credit in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
(a) He wants to make Pat pay for the credit.
(b) He wants Pat's name taken off the credits.
(c) He wants to only put Pat's name.
(d) He wants to add Pat's name to the credits.
2. In "Mightier Than the Sword," whose name does the producer put on the script?
(c) Mr. Marcus'.
(d) The secretary's.
3. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," to whom does the item that Pat steals belong?
(a) Mr. Marcus.
(b) Phil Macedon.
(c) The President.
4. What is the profession of the person Pat runs into in "Two Old-Timers"?
5. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," who goes into the preview with Pat?
(b) A girl.
(c) His son.
(d) His mom.
6. Why does the doorman refuse to let Pat into the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
(a) The man doesn't like Pat.
(b) Pat doesn't have tickets.
(c) Pat is banned from previews.
(d) Pat is not dressed appropriately.
7. In "Mightier Than the Sword," whom does Pat overhear arguing with a producer?
(a) A director.
(b) Another producer.
(d) A writer.
8. Why is the studio eager to help Pat's wife in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) She used to work at the studio.
(b) She is married to Pat.
(c) She is married to an executive.
(d) She is a good person.
9. What has left Pat's wife depressed in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) Her mom died.
(b) Her dad died.
(c) Pat leaves her.
(d) Her new husband and child have died.
10. What causes Pat to recall his past in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) A person who walks into the studio.
(b) A magazine.
(c) The scene he is writing.
(d) A book.
11. How did a movie help the arresting cop in "Two Old-Timers"?
(a) It helped him understand war.
(b) It taught him new things.
(c) It helped his wife understand his war experiences.
(d) It made him feel better at a rough time in his life.
12. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," where does Pat meet a young female?
(a) The commissary.
(b) A bank.
(c) The set of a film.
(d) A restaurant.
13. Why has the director in "No Harm Trying" not worked in months?
(a) He has a bad temper.
(b) He is depressed.
(c) He is violent.
(d) He has a drug problem.
14. Who has bought a movie he can't make in "No Harm Trying"?
(b) The producer.
(c) The director.
15. In "A Patriotic Short," where did the president attend a party?
(a) The studio head's house.
(b) Pat's house.
(c) Phil's house.
(d) Berners' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young woman see in Pat's face in "Fun in an Artist's Studio"?
2. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," why does Pat's co-writer leave the preview?
3. What does Pat need the money for in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
4. In "Two Old-Timers," for what are the two men arrested?
5. In "No Harm Trying," why can't Pat use the brilliant movie idea?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)