|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Mightier Than the Sword," whom does Pat overhear arguing with a producer?
(b) Another producer.
(c) A writer.
(d) A director.
2. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," what is the profession of the young woman that Pat meets?
(c) An artist.
3. How did a movie help the arresting cop in "Two Old-Timers"?
(a) It made him feel better at a rough time in his life.
(b) It taught him new things.
(c) It helped him understand war.
(d) It helped his wife understand his war experiences.
4. Where does Pat hide while people search for the item he stole in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
(a) A bar.
(b) The writer's building.
(c) His home.
(d) A restaurant.
5. In "Mightier Than the Sword," when does the studio want to begin production?
(a) One month.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Less than a week.
6. What does the director do as Pat starts to leave in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) He fires an actor.
(b) He hires Pat.
(c) He fires the producer.
(d) He calls action on the set.
7. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," whom does Pat ask for a loan?
(b) An actor.
(c) His wife.
(d) Mr. Marcus.
8. Why does the studio hire Pat in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) They know he needs a job.
(b) They need him for a project.
(c) They don't hire him.
(d) So he can help pay his wife's hospital bills.
9. When does someone notice that Pat was caught in a scene in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) When the producer leaves the studio.
(b) When the director leaves the studio.
(c) When the female star leaves the studio.
(d) When the males star leaves the studio.
10. What was a symbol of success in Pat's heyday?
(b) His swimming pool.
11. What historical figure is Pat writing about in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) President Wilson.
(c) President McKinley.
(d) President Clinton.
12. What color is the item that Pat steals in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
13. In "A Patriotic Short," what is Pat doing at the studio?
(a) Touring the president around.
(b) Acting out a scene.
(c) Begging for a job.
(d) Writing a scene.
14. Why was Pat asked to sit at the Big Table in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) To represent the writers at the studio.
(b) To explain his problems.
(c) To explain his new screenplay.
(d) To beg for a job.
15. Who has bought a movie he can't make in "No Harm Trying"?
(c) The producer.
(d) The director.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pat talk to the President in "A Patriotic Short"?
2. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," where is Pat when he wakes up?
3. In "A Patriotic Short," whose house is next to Pat's house?
4. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," what does Pat feel he needs to have?
5. Why does Pat leave before being paid in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)