|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the message to Pat say in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) His son died.
(b) His son tried to kill himself.
(c) His wife died.
(d) His wife tried to kill herself.
2. When was Pat asked to sit at the Big Table in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) After his downfall.
(b) After the President's visit.
(c) During the President's visit.
(d) Before the President's visit.
3. How did a movie help the arresting cop in "Two Old-Timers"?
(a) It helped his wife understand his war experiences.
(b) It made him feel better at a rough time in his life.
(c) It helped him understand war.
(d) It taught him new things.
4. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," with whom did Pat write a film?
(b) Ward Wainwright.
(c) Phil Macedon.
(d) Mr. Marcus.
5. Whom does Pat end up consoling at the end of "Mightier Than the Sword"?
(a) Mr. Marcus.
(c) The original writer.
6. In "Mightier Than the Sword," when does the studio want to begin production?
(a) Two months.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Less than a week.
7. What does the director do as Pat starts to leave in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) He fires the producer.
(b) He hires Pat.
(c) He fires an actor.
(d) He calls action on the set.
8. What has left Pat's wife depressed in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) Her dad died.
(b) Her mom died.
(c) Pat leaves her.
(d) Her new husband and child have died.
9. What does the young woman want from "Pat in Fun in an Artist's Studio"?
(a) She wants to go out with him.
(b) She wants him to buy her a present.
(c) She wants to paint him.
(d) She wants him to donate to her cause.
10. What does Pat discuss with the President in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) The President's policies.
(b) His career.
(c) His swimming pool.
(d) The acting he has done.
11. What historical figure is Pat writing about in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) President Wilson.
(b) President Clinton.
(c) President McKinley.
(d) President Roosevelt.
12. What does the historical figure that Pat is writing about do in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) He kills someone.
(b) He dies.
(c) He gives a commission to Woodrow Wilson's nephew.
(d) He gives a commission to Robert E. Lee's nephew.
13. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," why does Pat's co-writer leave the preview?
(a) He is asked to leave.
(b) He gets sick.
(c) He has a family emergency.
(d) He doesn't want his name associated with such a bad movie.
14. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," who orders Pat to undress?
(b) Mr. Marcus.
(c) The guard.
15. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," what does Pat feel he needs to have?
(a) A hat.
(b) A suit.
(c) A book.
(d) A cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "No Harm Trying," who has a brilliant idea for a movie?
2. Why does Pat leave before being paid in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
3. In "Two Old-Timers," what kind of movie does the arresting cop mention?
4. How does Pat get into the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
5. In "Mightier Than the Sword," whom does Pat overhear arguing with a producer?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)