|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Pat asked to sit at the Big Table in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) To explain his problems.
(b) To represent the writers at the studio.
(c) To beg for a job.
(d) To explain his new screenplay.
2. What historical figure is Pat writing about in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) President Clinton.
(b) President McKinley.
(c) President Wilson.
(d) President Roosevelt.
3. In "Mightier Than the Sword," whose name does the producer put on the script?
(b) The secretary's.
(d) Mr. Marcus'.
4. What was a symbol of success in Pat's heyday?
(d) His swimming pool.
5. Why does the studio hire Pat in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) They don't hire him.
(b) They need him for a project.
(c) They know he needs a job.
(d) So he can help pay his wife's hospital bills.
6. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," to whom does the item that Pat steals belong?
(a) Mr. Marcus.
(b) Phil Macedon.
(c) The President.
7. Why does Pat feel that he needs a certain item in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
(a) To sell for more money.
(b) To get a girl's attention.
(c) To look good.
(d) To garner respect.
8. In "Two Old-Timers," for what are the two men arrested?
(b) Public intoxication.
(c) Interfering in an investigation.
9. Why has the director in "No Harm Trying" not worked in months?
(a) He is violent.
(b) He is depressed.
(c) He has a bad temper.
(d) He has a drug problem.
10. What causes Pat to recall his past in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) The scene he is writing.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A person who walks into the studio.
(d) A book.
11. Where does Pat ask someone for money in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) On set.
(b) In a bank.
(c) In an office.
(d) In a restaurant.
12. How much is Pat offered to help a producer with a task in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Twenty five dollars.
(c) A hundred dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
13. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," what does Pat feel he needs to have?
(a) A suit.
(b) A book.
(c) A hat.
(d) A cane.
14. In "Two Old-Timers," what kind of movie does the arresting cop mention?
15. Whom does Pat wait for in jail in "Two Old-Timers"?
(a) The police supervisor.
(b) His wife.
(c) Mr. Marcus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Pat end up consoling at the end of "Mightier Than the Sword"?
2. In "No Harm Trying," who has a brilliant idea for a movie?
3. What does Pat want in the beginning of "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
4. In "Mightier Than the Sword," whom does Pat overhear arguing with a producer?
5. What is the profession of the person Pat runs into in "Two Old-Timers"?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)