|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Patriotic Short," whose house is next to Pat's house?
(a) Berners' house.
(b) The studio head's house.
(c) Phil's house.
(d) The president's house.
2. Where does Pat hide while people search for the item he stole in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
(a) His home.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The writer's building.
(d) A bar.
3. What has left Pat's wife depressed in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) Her mom died.
(b) Pat leaves her.
(c) Her dad died.
(d) Her new husband and child have died.
4. What historical figure is Pat writing about in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) President McKinley.
(b) President Clinton.
(c) President Wilson.
(d) President Roosevelt.
5. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," why does Pat's co-writer leave the preview?
(a) He has a family emergency.
(b) He gets sick.
(c) He is asked to leave.
(d) He doesn't want his name associated with such a bad movie.
6. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," what does the secretary give Pat?
(a) A copy of his credits.
(b) Ten tickets to the preview.
(d) An envelope with tickets in it.
7. How does Pat react to what has to occur to his character in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) He agrees wholeheartedly.
(b) He cries.
(c) He runs off.
(d) He objects.
8. Where does Pat meet a young woman in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) His neighborhood.
(c) A bank.
(d) The studio lot.
9. What is the profession of the person Pat runs into in "Two Old-Timers"?
10. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," who goes into the preview with Pat?
(a) A girl.
(c) His son.
(d) His mom.
11. For what is a producer in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby" desperate?
(a) An original title.
(b) A new play.
(c) A new actor.
(d) A new radio show.
12. What does Pat need the money for in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) To buy a house.
(b) To keep his car.
(c) A hat.
(d) To pay his house rent.
13. What does the historical figure that Pat is writing about do in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) He dies.
(b) He kills someone.
(c) He gives a commission to Woodrow Wilson's nephew.
(d) He gives a commission to Robert E. Lee's nephew.
14. How does Pat get into the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
(a) He sneaks in.
(b) The doorman gets Pat some tickets.
(c) Berners lets him in.
(d) Wainwright tells the doorman to let him in.
15. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," who got the last set of tickets available?
(b) Ward Wainwright.
(c) Phil Macedon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "No Harm Trying," what does Pat try to pitch to the studio executive?
2. Where does Pat steal an item from in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
3. What does the director do as Pat starts to leave in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
4. When was Pat asked to sit at the Big Table in "A Patriotic Short"?
5. In "No Harm Trying," who brings Pat a message?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)