|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attends to Pat when he wakes up in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) A woman.
(b) The producer.
(c) No one.
(d) The director.
2. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," what does Pat feel he needs to have?
(a) A book.
(b) A hat.
(c) A suit.
(d) A cane.
3. What color is the item that Pat steals in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
4. How does Pat get into the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
(a) He sneaks in.
(b) The doorman gets Pat some tickets.
(c) Berners lets him in.
(d) Wainwright tells the doorman to let him in.
5. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," to whom does the item that Pat steals belong?
(b) Mr. Marcus.
(c) The President.
(d) Phil Macedon.
6. In "Mightier Than the Sword," when does the studio want to begin production?
(a) Two months.
(b) Less than a week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
7. What does Pat find himself unable to write in "Mightier Than the Sword"?
(a) The entire script.
(b) An ending.
(c) Realistic dialogue for the script.
(d) A beginning.
8. Whom does Pat invite to the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
(a) A young woman he just met.
(b) His son.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mom.
9. In "No Harm Trying," what does Pat try to pitch to the studio executive?
(a) An article idea.
(b) A movie.
(c) A tv show idea.
(d) A book idea.
10. For what is a producer in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby" desperate?
(a) A new radio show.
(b) A new actor.
(c) A new play.
(d) An original title.
11. How much is Pat offered to help a producer with a task in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Twenty five dollars.
(c) A hundred dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
12. In "A Patriotic Short," where did the president attend a party?
(a) The studio head's house.
(b) Phil's house.
(c) Pat's house.
(d) Berners' house.
13. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," who orders Pat to undress?
(b) The guard.
(d) Mr. Marcus.
14. Why has the director in "No Harm Trying" not worked in months?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He has a drug problem.
(c) He has a bad temper.
(d) He is violent.
15. In "Mightier Than the Sword," the producer's idea for a script is about __________.
(a) A composer.
(b) An actor.
(c) A singer.
(d) A writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," with whom did Pat write a film?
2. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," why does Pat appear in all the scenes?
3. What historical figure is Pat writing about in "A Patriotic Short"?
4. In "Mightier Than the Sword," whom does Pat overhear arguing with a producer?
5. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," what does the secretary give Pat?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)