|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Mightier Than the Sword," whose name does the producer put on the script?
(a) The secretary's.
(d) Mr. Marcus'.
2. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," what does Pat steal?
(a) A hat.
(b) A cane.
(c) A suit.
(d) A book.
3. What is the alternative to getting undressed in "Fun in an Artist's Studio"?
(a) Being blacklisted in Hollywood.
(b) Losing his job.
(c) Foregoing the money he was supposed to make that day.
(d) Getting arrested.
4. Where does Pat meet a young woman in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
(a) A bank.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) His neighborhood.
(d) The studio lot.
5. What does the historical figure that Pat is writing about do in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) He kills someone.
(b) He gives a commission to Woodrow Wilson's nephew.
(c) He dies.
(d) He gives a commission to Robert E. Lee's nephew.
6. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," who orders Pat to undress?
(a) The guard.
(c) Mr. Marcus.
7. How does Pat react to what has to occur to his character in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) He runs off.
(b) He objects.
(c) He agrees wholeheartedly.
(d) He cries.
8. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," why does Pat appear in all the scenes?
(a) He begged to be in them.
(b) To make the scenes sequential.
(c) He sneaked onto the set to be in them.
(d) He's a good actor.
9. In "No Harm Trying," who brings Pat a message?
(a) His landlord.
(c) His wife.
(d) His son.
10. In "Two Old-Timers," what kind of movie does the arresting cop mention?
11. What does the co-writer of the movie want to do about Pat's credit in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
(a) He wants to make Pat pay for the credit.
(b) He wants Pat's name taken off the credits.
(c) He wants to add Pat's name to the credits.
(d) He wants to only put Pat's name.
12. Where does Pat talk to the President in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) In Berners' house.
(b) In his pool.
(c) In his backyard.
(d) In his house.
13. Who attends to Pat when he wakes up in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) A woman.
(b) The producer.
(c) No one.
(d) The director.
14. What was a symbol of success in Pat's heyday?
(d) His swimming pool.
15. Where does Pat ask someone for money in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) On set.
(c) In a bank.
(d) In an office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the male star of the film in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
2. Whom does Pat invite to the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
3. Why is the studio eager to help Pat's wife in "No Harm Trying"?
4. In "A Patriotic Short," what is Pat doing at the studio?
5. What does Pat find himself unable to write in "Mightier Than the Sword"?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)