|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the co-writer of the movie want to do about Pat's credit in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
(a) He wants to only put Pat's name.
(b) He wants Pat's name taken off the credits.
(c) He wants to make Pat pay for the credit.
(d) He wants to add Pat's name to the credits.
2. What causes Pat to recall his past in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) A magazine.
(b) A person who walks into the studio.
(c) A book.
(d) The scene he is writing.
3. Why has the director in "No Harm Trying" not worked in months?
(a) He is violent.
(b) He has a bad temper.
(c) He has a drug problem.
(d) He is depressed.
4. What does Pat want in the beginning of "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
(a) Tickets to the preview.
(b) A wife.
(d) A new job.
5. When does someone notice that Pat was caught in a scene in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) When the males star leaves the studio.
(b) When the female star leaves the studio.
(c) When the director leaves the studio.
(d) When the producer leaves the studio.
6. How much is Pat offered to help a producer with a task in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
(a) A hundred dollars.
(b) Twenty five dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
7. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," what does Pat steal?
(a) A suit.
(b) A book.
(c) A hat.
(d) A cane.
8. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," why does Pat's co-writer leave the preview?
(a) He has a family emergency.
(b) He gets sick.
(c) He is asked to leave.
(d) He doesn't want his name associated with such a bad movie.
9. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," what is Pat's suggestion to the producer?
(a) Grand Hotel.
(b) The Birth of a Country.
(c) Big Hotel.
(d) Hope is Home.
10. What has left Pat's wife depressed in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) Her new husband and child have died.
(b) Pat leaves her.
(c) Her dad died.
(d) Her mom died.
11. What is the alternative to getting undressed in "Fun in an Artist's Studio"?
(a) Being blacklisted in Hollywood.
(b) Getting arrested.
(c) Losing his job.
(d) Foregoing the money he was supposed to make that day.
12. What does Pat discuss with the President in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) His career.
(b) His swimming pool.
(c) The acting he has done.
(d) The President's policies.
13. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," who goes into the preview with Pat?
(a) His mom.
(c) His son.
(d) A girl.
14. Why is the studio eager to help Pat's wife in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) She used to work at the studio.
(b) She is married to Pat.
(c) She is a good person.
(d) She is married to an executive.
15. What does the young woman want from "Pat in Fun in an Artist's Studio"?
(a) She wants to go out with him.
(b) She wants to paint him.
(c) She wants him to buy her a present.
(d) She wants him to donate to her cause.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is a producer in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby" desperate?
2. Whom does Pat wait for in jail in "Two Old-Timers"?
3. In "Two Old-Timers," for what are the two men arrested?
4. What was a symbol of success in Pat's heyday?
5. What historical figure is Pat writing about in "A Patriotic Short"?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)