|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," who got the last set of tickets available?
(a) Phil Macedon.
(c) Ward Wainwright.
2. What color is the item that Pat steals in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
3. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," who orders Pat to undress?
(c) The guard.
(d) Mr. Marcus.
4. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," what is supposed to happen to Pat's character?
(a) He is supposed to kill someone.
(b) He is supposed to be run over by a car.
(c) He is supposed to be shot.
(d) He is supposed to fall out of a tree.
5. What has left Pat's wife depressed in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) Pat leaves her.
(b) Her new husband and child have died.
(c) Her dad died.
(d) Her mom died.
6. In "No Harm Trying," who has sent a message to Pat?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) His mother.
(d) The studio.
7. What does the message to Pat say in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) His son tried to kill himself.
(b) His wife died.
(c) His son died.
(d) His wife tried to kill herself.
8. How does Pat react to what has to occur to his character in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) He cries.
(b) He runs off.
(c) He agrees wholeheartedly.
(d) He objects.
9. What does the director do as Pat starts to leave in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) He fires an actor.
(b) He hires Pat.
(c) He fires the producer.
(d) He calls action on the set.
10. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," whom does Pat ask for a loan?
(a) An actor.
(b) Mr. Marcus.
(c) His wife.
11. How did a movie help the arresting cop in "Two Old-Timers"?
(a) It taught him new things.
(b) It made him feel better at a rough time in his life.
(c) It helped his wife understand his war experiences.
(d) It helped him understand war.
12. How much is Pat offered to help a producer with a task in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
(a) Twenty five dollars.
(b) Fifty dollars.
(c) A hundred dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
13. What does Pat find himself unable to write in "Mightier Than the Sword"?
(a) The entire script.
(b) An ending.
(c) Realistic dialogue for the script.
(d) A beginning.
14. Why does the doorman refuse to let Pat into the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
(a) Pat is banned from previews.
(b) Pat is not dressed appropriately.
(c) Pat doesn't have tickets.
(d) The man doesn't like Pat.
15. Whom does Pat wait for in jail in "Two Old-Timers"?
(a) Mr. Marcus.
(b) The police supervisor.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the historical figure that Pat is writing about do in "A Patriotic Short"?
2. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," where is Pat when he wakes up?
3. In "Mightier Than the Sword," the producer's idea for a script is about __________.
4. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," why does Pat's co-writer leave the preview?
5. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," what does Pat steal?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)