|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," what is Pat's suggestion to the producer?
(a) The Birth of a Country.
(b) Hope is Home.
(c) Big Hotel.
(d) Grand Hotel.
2. Where does Pat steal an item from in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
(a) A set.
(b) The commissary.
(c) An office.
(d) His neighbor.
3. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," where is Pat when he wakes up?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) Still in the ditch.
(c) In the office.
(d) At home.
4. Why has the actress in "No Harm Trying" not worked?
(a) She has a bad temper.
(b) She has no transportation to auditions.
(c) She can't speak English.
(d) She is a bad actress.
5. When was Pat asked to sit at the Big Table in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) After the President's visit.
(b) After his downfall.
(c) During the President's visit.
(d) Before the President's visit.
6. In "Mightier Than the Sword," whom does Pat overhear arguing with a producer?
(a) Another producer.
(b) A director.
(c) A writer.
7. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," what does the secretary give Pat?
(a) An envelope with tickets in it.
(b) A copy of his credits.
(c) Ten tickets to the preview.
8. In "Two Old-Timers," whom does Pat run into?
(b) Phil Macedon.
(c) Mr. Marcus.
(d) Ward Wainwright.
9. What does Pat discuss with the President in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) His swimming pool.
(b) The President's policies.
(c) The acting he has done.
(d) His career.
10. In "Two Old-Timers," for what are the two men arrested?
(b) Public intoxication.
(d) Interfering in an investigation.
11. What has left Pat's wife depressed in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) Pat leaves her.
(b) Her mom died.
(c) Her dad died.
(d) Her new husband and child have died.
12. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," who got the last set of tickets available?
(a) Phil Macedon.
(b) Ward Wainwright.
13. In "A Patriotic Short," whose house is next to Pat's house?
(a) The studio head's house.
(b) Phil's house.
(c) Berners' house.
(d) The president's house.
14. What does Pat do in the scene in the ditch in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) He does really well.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He yells.
(d) He cries.
15. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," what does Pat steal?
(a) A cane.
(b) A book.
(c) A hat.
(d) A suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the male star of the film in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
2. What does the young woman want from "Pat in Fun in an Artist's Studio"?
3. What does Pat find himself unable to write in "Mightier Than the Sword"?
4. Why does the doorman refuse to let Pat into the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
5. Why does Pat leave before being paid in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)