|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," where is Pat when he wakes up?
(a) At home.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) In the office.
(d) Still in the ditch.
2. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," with whom did Pat write a film?
(a) Ward Wainwright.
(b) Phil Macedon.
(d) Mr. Marcus.
3. Why is the studio eager to help Pat's wife in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) She is a good person.
(b) She used to work at the studio.
(c) She is married to Pat.
(d) She is married to an executive.
4. What does Pat want in the beginning of "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
(a) A new job.
(b) A wife.
(c) Tickets to the preview.
5. What color is the item that Pat steals in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
6. What does the message to Pat say in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) His wife tried to kill herself.
(b) His son died.
(c) His son tried to kill himself.
(d) His wife died.
7. In "No Harm Trying," why can't Pat use the brilliant movie idea?
(a) He doesn't know how to use it.
(b) It is not so brilliant.
(c) The call boy won't let him use it.
(d) It is already under contract.
8. In "No Harm Trying," who has sent a message to Pat?
(a) His son.
(b) His wife.
(c) The studio.
(d) His mother.
9. What does Pat need the money for in "Pat Hobby Does His Bit"?
(a) To pay his house rent.
(b) A hat.
(c) To buy a house.
(d) To keep his car.
10. Whom does Pat end up consoling at the end of "Mightier Than the Sword"?
(c) Mr. Marcus.
(d) The original writer.
11. How much is Pat offered to help a producer with a task in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) Twenty five dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) A hundred dollars.
12. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," who orders Pat to undress?
(c) The guard.
(d) Mr. Marcus.
13. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," what does the secretary give Pat?
(a) Ten tickets to the preview.
(b) An envelope with tickets in it.
(d) A copy of his credits.
14. In "Pat Hobby Does His Bit," what is supposed to happen to Pat's character?
(a) He is supposed to be shot.
(b) He is supposed to kill someone.
(c) He is supposed to fall out of a tree.
(d) He is supposed to be run over by a car.
15. What has left Pat's wife depressed in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) Her dad died.
(b) Her mom died.
(c) Pat leaves her.
(d) Her new husband and child have died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a symbol of success in Pat's heyday?
2. Where does Pat steal an item from in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
3. When was Pat asked to sit at the Big Table in "A Patriotic Short"?
4. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," what is the profession of the young woman that Pat meets?
5. In "Two Old-Timers," for what are the two men arrested?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)