|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "No Harm Trying," who brings Pat a message?
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His landlord.
2. How does Pat get into the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
(a) Wainwright tells the doorman to let him in.
(b) The doorman gets Pat some tickets.
(c) Berners lets him in.
(d) He sneaks in.
3. What is the profession of the person Pat runs into in "Two Old-Timers"?
4. Where does Pat hide while people search for the item he stole in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
(a) His home.
(b) A bar.
(c) The writer's building.
(d) A restaurant.
5. What has left Pat's wife depressed in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) Her dad died.
(b) Her new husband and child have died.
(c) Pat leaves her.
(d) Her mom died.
6. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," what is the profession of the young woman that Pat meets?
(d) An artist.
7. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," who got the last set of tickets available?
(b) Phil Macedon.
(c) Ward Wainwright.
8. What kind of tickets does Pat have in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
(a) Basketball tickets.
(b) Baseball tickets.
(c) Burlesque show tickets.
(d) Concert tickets.
9. What does the young woman want from "Pat in Fun in an Artist's Studio"?
(a) She wants him to donate to her cause.
(b) She wants to go out with him.
(c) She wants to paint him.
(d) She wants him to buy her a present.
10. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," who hears Pat's suggestion?
(a) Orson Welles.
(c) Phil Macedon.
(d) Mr. Marcus.
11. What does the message to Pat say in "No Harm Trying"?
(a) His son tried to kill himself.
(b) His wife died.
(c) His wife tried to kill herself.
(d) His son died.
12. What does Pat recall about his heyday in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) His marriage.
(b) His horrible movies.
(c) The President's visit to the studio.
(d) His great movies.
13. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," what does the secretary give Pat?
(a) A copy of his credits.
(c) Ten tickets to the preview.
(d) An envelope with tickets in it.
14. In "Two Old-Timers," what kind of movie does the arresting cop mention?
15. Why has the actress in "No Harm Trying" not worked?
(a) She is a bad actress.
(b) She can't speak English.
(c) She has no transportation to auditions.
(d) She has a bad temper.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is a producer in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby" desperate?
2. In "A Patriotic Short," whose house is next to Pat's house?
3. What does the historical figure that Pat is writing about do in "A Patriotic Short"?
4. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," where does Pat meet a young female?
5. Why does Pat leave before being paid in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)