|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the director in "No Harm Trying" not worked in months?
(a) He has a bad temper.
(b) He has a drug problem.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He is violent.
2. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," why does Pat's co-writer leave the preview?
(a) He doesn't want his name associated with such a bad movie.
(b) He is asked to leave.
(c) He gets sick.
(d) He has a family emergency.
3. In "Fun in an Artist's Studio," where does Pat meet a young female?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The commissary.
(c) A bank.
(d) The set of a film.
4. In "A Patriotic Short," where did the president attend a party?
(a) The studio head's house.
(b) Phil's house.
(c) Berners' house.
(d) Pat's house.
5. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," what does the secretary give Pat?
(b) A copy of his credits.
(c) Ten tickets to the preview.
(d) An envelope with tickets in it.
6. What does Pat want in the beginning of "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
(b) A new job.
(c) A wife.
(d) Tickets to the preview.
7. In "Pat Hobby's Preview," who goes into the preview with Pat?
(a) His mom.
(c) His son.
(d) A girl.
8. What is the alternative to getting undressed in "Fun in an Artist's Studio"?
(a) Being blacklisted in Hollywood.
(b) Foregoing the money he was supposed to make that day.
(c) Getting arrested.
(d) Losing his job.
9. Where does Pat steal an item from in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
(a) An office.
(b) A set.
(c) The commissary.
(d) His neighbor.
10. What historical figure is Pat writing about in "A Patriotic Short"?
(a) President McKinley.
(b) President Clinton.
(c) President Wilson.
(d) President Roosevelt.
11. What is the profession of the person Pat runs into in "Two Old-Timers"?
12. Who has bought a movie he can't make in "No Harm Trying"?
(c) The director.
(d) The producer.
13. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," what does Pat steal?
(a) A suit.
(b) A book.
(c) A hat.
(d) A cane.
14. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," what is Pat's suggestion to the producer?
(a) Hope is Home.
(b) Big Hotel.
(c) Grand Hotel.
(d) The Birth of a Country.
15. In "On the Trail of Pat Hobby," who hears Pat's suggestion?
(a) Mr. Marcus.
(b) Orson Welles.
(c) Phil Macedon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the message to Pat say in "No Harm Trying"?
2. In "A Patriotic Short," whose house is next to Pat's house?
3. How does Pat get into the preview in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
4. Where does Pat meet a young woman in "Pat Hobby's Preview"?
5. How much is Pat offered to help a producer with a task in "On the Trail of Pat Hobby"?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)