|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," what does the producer tell Pat?
(a) Any medical content in the script must be authentic.
(b) He can put whatever he wants in the script.
(c) He cannot use his script.
(d) He loves his script.
2. Whom does Pat run into on his way to show Berners the script in "Teamed with Genius"?
(a) Mr. Marcus.
(b) Phil Macedon.
(c) The studio bookie.
3. How long does Pat try to get the playwright to work in "Teamed with Genius"?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
4. What does Pat go to Berners' office to do in "A Man in the Way"?
(a) To present Berners his own original idea.
(b) To suggest the woman's idea as his own.
(c) To present his completed script to Berners.
(d) To tell Berners he is unable to come up with an idea.
5. What will happen to Pat's gift if the condition is not met in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
(a) The allowance will go to Berners.
(b) The allowance will revert to the British empire.
(c) Pat will owe him money.
(d) Pat will get to keep half the allowance.
6. Where does Pat find the writer in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
(a) The studio.
(b) A local bar.
(c) A house.
(d) A restaurant.
7. What did the writer that Banizon hired in "Pat Hobby's Secret" demand?
(a) A house.
(b) Ten actors.
(c) More money.
(d) Ten scripts.
8. What does Pat try to do to secure a better position in the studio in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
(a) Steal a script.
(b) Work harder.
(c) Write a great script.
(d) Blackmail Gooddorf.
9. Who has a heart attack in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
(c) Mr. Marcus.
(d) Orson Welles.
10. What is the name of the secretary in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
11. Where does Pat go to fulfill the producer's wishes in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
(a) A school.
(b) The infirmary.
(c) The library.
(d) The store.
12. Why does Gooddorf refuse to bend to Pat's demands in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
(a) He has a good lawyer.
(b) The letter is not proof of guilt.
(c) The cops are involved.
(d) He hates Pat.
13. What kind of film is Pat Hobby working on in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
(a) A western.
(b) A musical.
(c) A romance.
(d) A literary adaptation.
14. How much is Pat offered for a weekly salary in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) One thousand dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
15. What tone is set by the events at the end of "A Man in the Way"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Pat's plan to secure a better position in the studio?
2. How does the young woman's actions at the end of "A Man in the Way" affect Pat?
3. How did the person in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish" die?
4. What does the couple in "The Homes of the Stars" first ask Pat?
5. In "A Man in the Way," from where does the young woman get her idea?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)