|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tone is set by the events at the end of "A Man in the Way"?
2. Who finishes the script in "Teamed with Genius"?
(a) Mr. Marcus.
3. What does the executive in "A Man in the Way" tell Pat to do?
(a) Come up with an original idea.
(b) Revise someone's idea for a screenplay.
(c) Recruit some other writers.
(d) Act in a movie.
4. In "A Man in the Way," what is the young woman's idea for a script?
(a) Artifacts being shipped to Europe.
(b) A writer who is out of work.
(c) An actor who is out of work.
(d) Books being shipped to China.
5. What does Pat try to get into in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
(a) An executive's house.
(b) A movie.
(c) The studio.
(d) A restaurant.
6. How much is Pat offered for a weekly salary in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
7. What star's home is the woman in "The Homes of the Stars" insistent on seeing?
(a) Audrey Hepburn.
(b) Jimmy Stewart.
(c) Humphrey Bogart.
(d) Shirley Temple.
8. What kind of film is Pat Hobby working on in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
(a) A musical.
(b) A western.
(c) A romance.
(d) A literary adaptation.
9. What does Pat go to the writer's building to look for in "A Man in the Way"?
(a) Some writers.
(b) An empty office.
(c) Some actors.
(d) Some producers.
10. Whom does Pat hit at lunch in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
(a) He hits Berners.
(b) He hits an executive.
(c) He hits a man trying to sit at the Big Table.
(d) He hits a man trying to steal food.
11. Whom did Pat's ex-wife marry in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
(a) His brother.
(b) The second richest man in India.
(c) A Russian.
(d) A Canadian.
12. How did the person in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish" die?
(a) Unknown causes.
(d) He faked his death.
13. In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," for what is Pat desperate?
(a) A house.
(d) A wife.
14. In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," from whom does Pat ask to borrow money?
(a) Orson Welles.
(c) Phil Macedon.
(d) Jeff Boldini.
15. Who does Pat recruit to steal the script in "Teamed with Genius"?
(b) John Hobby.
(c) The secretary.
(d) Mr. Marcus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pat go to fulfill the producer's wishes in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
2. What is the result of Pat's actions in Berners' office in "A Man in the Way"?
3. In "Pat Hobby's Secret," who threatens Pat at the inquest?
4. What are the conditions of the gift bestowed upon Pat in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
5. What will happen to Pat's gift if the condition is not met in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)