|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby's Secret," what is Mr. Banizon's profession?
(c) Studio producer.
2. In "Pat Hobby's Secret," who threatens Pat at the inquest?
(b) Mr. Marcus.
(d) The wife of the man who killed Woll.
3. In "The Homes of the Stars," what does Pat buy from the drug store?
(b) A sandwich.
4. What does Pat try to get into in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
(a) The studio.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A movie.
(d) An executive's house.
5. Why does Gooddorf refuse to bend to Pat's demands in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
(a) The letter is not proof of guilt.
(b) He hates Pat.
(c) The cops are involved.
(d) He has a good lawyer.
6. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," what is revealed about the person that Pat hit?
(a) He is a famous actor.
(b) He is a popular writer.
(c) He is a big executive.
(d) He is an ex-convict.
7. What does Pat do at the end of "The Homes of the Stars"?
(a) Gets arrested.
(b) Leads the couple out of the house.
(c) Quits his job.
(d) Runs out of the house.
8. What will happen to Pat's gift if the condition is not met in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
(a) Pat will get to keep half the allowance.
(b) Pat will owe him money.
(c) The allowance will revert to the British empire.
(d) The allowance will go to Berners.
9. Whom does Pat hit at lunch in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
(a) He hits Berners.
(b) He hits a man trying to sit at the Big Table.
(c) He hits a man trying to steal food.
(d) He hits an executive.
10. How much is Pat offered for a weekly salary in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) One thousand dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
11. How does the young woman's actions at the end of "A Man in the Way" affect Pat?
(a) His lie is revealed.
(b) It gets them to work together.
(c) It secures his job.
(d) It gets him fired.
12. What does the executive in "A Man in the Way" tell Pat to do?
(a) Revise someone's idea for a screenplay.
(b) Act in a movie.
(c) Come up with an original idea.
(d) Recruit some other writers.
13. What does the playwright do most of the time in "Teamed with Genius"?
14. What does Pat go to the writer's building to look for in "A Man in the Way"?
(a) Some producers.
(b) Some writers.
(c) Some actors.
(d) An empty office.
15. What tone is set by the events at the end of "A Man in the Way"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pat working at in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
2. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," what is the Big Table?
3. ______________ is taken to the infirmary in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles."
4. What star's home is the woman in "The Homes of the Stars" insistent on seeing?
5. Whom does Pat owe money to in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)