|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby, Putative Father," what does Berners ask Pat to do?
(a) Take care of his kids.
(b) Go home.
(c) Take some visitors to New York.
(d) Show some visitors around the studio.
2. What executive does Pat go see in the beginning of "A Man in the Way"?
(a) Mr. Marcus.
(b) Jack Berners.
(c) John Hobby.
(d) Phil Macedon.
3. What does Pat tell the couple that his profession is in "The Homes of the Stars"?
(a) A director.
(b) A producer.
(c) A banker.
(d) A writer.
4. What is the name of the secretary in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
5. What does Pat say in the fake note he writes in "Teamed with Genius"?
(a) Wilcox's brothers have been killed.
(b) Wilcox's wife died.
(c) Wilcox's father died.
(d) Wilcox's mother died.
6. Whom does Pat have to dress like in order to get a loan in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
(a) Orson Welles.
(b) Mr. Marcus.
(c) Phil Macedon.
7. What does the executive in "A Man in the Way" tell Pat to do?
(a) Recruit some other writers.
(b) Revise someone's idea for a screenplay.
(c) Act in a movie.
(d) Come up with an original idea.
8. What does Pat do on the stand in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
(b) Gets sick.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Tells the truth.
9. In "A Man in the Way," from where does the young woman get her idea?
(a) A magazine article.
(b) A movie.
(c) Another person.
(d) A book.
10. In "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish," Pat is chatting with a guy from the ______________.
(a) Costume department.
(b) Writing department.
(c) Scenario department.
(d) Acting department.
11. Who finishes the script in "Teamed with Genius"?
(c) Mr. Marcus.
12. What is the result of Pat's plan to secure a better position in the studio?
(a) He succeeds.
(b) He fails.
(c) He decides to not execute the plan.
(d) Someone else executes his plan.
13. What does Pat try to convince the executive to do in "A Man in the Way"?
(a) Hire him.
(b) Buy a film.
(c) Give him more money.
(d) Fire another employee.
14. In "Pat Hobby's Secret," who threatens Pat at the inquest?
(b) The wife of the man who killed Woll.
(c) Mr. Marcus.
15. Where does Pat go to fulfill the producer's wishes in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
(a) The infirmary.
(b) The store.
(c) The library.
(d) A school.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby's Secret," what is Mr. Banizon's profession?
2. What star's home is the woman in "The Homes of the Stars" insistent on seeing?
3. What happens to the writer in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
4. According to Pat, who has overheard the ending to the script in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
5. What does the couple in "The Homes of the Stars" first ask Pat?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)