|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gooddorf refuse to bend to Pat's demands in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
(a) The cops are involved.
(b) He hates Pat.
(c) The letter is not proof of guilt.
(d) He has a good lawyer.
2. What does Pat go to Berners' office to do in "A Man in the Way"?
(a) To present Berners his own original idea.
(b) To present his completed script to Berners.
(c) To suggest the woman's idea as his own.
(d) To tell Berners he is unable to come up with an idea.
3. What does Pat try to do to secure a better position in the studio in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
(a) Write a great script.
(b) Work harder.
(c) Steal a script.
(d) Blackmail Gooddorf.
4. Whom does Pat convince to go to lunch with him in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
(a) His son.
(b) A young woman.
(c) Mr. Marcus.
(d) The producer.
5. What will happen to Pat's gift if the condition is not met in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
(a) The allowance will revert to the British empire.
(b) The allowance will go to Berners.
(c) Pat will get to keep half the allowance.
(d) Pat will owe him money.
6. What does the young woman do at the end of "A Man in the Way"?
(a) She yells at Pat.
(b) She yells at Berners.
(c) She finds another job.
(d) She tells Berners her idea.
7. ______________ is taken to the infirmary in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles."
(a) Orson Welles.
(b) Mr. Marcus.
8. What tone is set by the events at the end of "A Man in the Way"?
9. How does the young woman's actions at the end of "A Man in the Way" affect Pat?
(a) It secures his job.
(b) His lie is revealed.
(c) It gets him fired.
(d) It gets them to work together.
10. How much money is Pat going to get from Banizon in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
11. In "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles," for what is Pat desperate?
(a) A house.
(d) A wife.
12. In "Pat Hobby, Putative Father," the two visitors want to meet ______________.
(a) Mr. Marcus.
(b) A famous actress.
13. What is true about the playwright in "Teamed with Genius"?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He has never written a film before.
(c) He has written many films before.
(d) He is a producer.
14. Who was Gooddorf's lover in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
15. Whom does Pat hit at lunch in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
(a) He hits a man trying to sit at the Big Table.
(b) He hits Berners.
(c) He hits an executive.
(d) He hits a man trying to steal food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat tell the couple that his profession is in "The Homes of the Stars"?
2. What does Pat try to get into in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
3. What kind of brochures does the man in "The Homes of the Stars" sell?
4. Who has a heart attack in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
5. Whom does Pat owe money to in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)