|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Pat's ex-wife marry in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
(a) His brother.
(b) The second richest man in India.
(c) A Russian.
(d) A Canadian.
2. In "Pat Hobby's Secret," who threatens Pat at the inquest?
(b) Mr. Marcus.
(c) The wife of the man who killed Woll.
3. Whom does Pat owe money to in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
(a) Mr. Marcus.
(d) Orson Welles.
4. What does Pat do on the stand in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
(a) Gets sick.
(b) Tells the truth.
(c) Runs away.
5. Where are the visitors from in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
6. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," what was the person that Pat hit actually doing?
(a) Trying to get a job.
(b) Playing a trick on Pat.
(c) Trying to talk to the executives.
(d) Just playing a joke.
7. In "Pat Hobby's Secret," what is Mr. Banizon's profession?
(c) Studio producer.
8. What does Pat try to convince the executive to do in "A Man in the Way"?
(a) Fire another employee.
(b) Buy a film.
(c) Hire him.
(d) Give him more money.
9. Who died in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
(a) Pat's wife.
(b) An executive.
(c) A writer.
(d) An actor.
10. What happens to Pat's gift in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
(a) It is given to Pat.
(b) It is given to Berners.
(c) It is given back to the British empire.
(d) It is lost in a fire.
11. What does Pat do at the end of "The Homes of the Stars"?
(a) Gets arrested.
(b) Leads the couple out of the house.
(c) Runs out of the house.
(d) Quits his job.
12. In "Pat Hobby, Putative Father," what does Pat's son reveal to him about his uncle?
(a) He is moving to America.
(b) He is dying.
(c) He has decided to give him an allowance.
(d) He hates Pat.
13. What tone is set by the events at the end of "A Man in the Way"?
14. Who does Pat recruit to steal the script in "Teamed with Genius"?
(a) Mr. Marcus.
(c) The secretary.
(d) John Hobby.
15. What makes the couple in "The Homes of the Stars" suspicious that they are in the wrong star's home?
(a) There are no children's rooms.
(b) There are two children's rooms.
(c) There is only one child's room.
(d) There is no one home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat talk about at lunch in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
2. How long does it take for the script to be finished in "Teamed with Genius"?
3. What kind of brochures does the man in "The Homes of the Stars" sell?
4. What does Pat use to hit someone at lunch in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
5. Who has a heart attack in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)