|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money is Pat going to get from Banizon in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
(a) One thousand dollars.
(b) Fifty dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
2. What does the playwright do most of the time in "Teamed with Genius"?
3. In "Pat Hobby's Secret," what is Mr. Banizon's profession?
(a) Studio producer.
4. What star's home is the woman in "The Homes of the Stars" insistent on seeing?
(a) Jimmy Stewart.
(b) Shirley Temple.
(c) Humphrey Bogart.
(d) Audrey Hepburn.
5. What kind of film is Pat Hobby working on in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
(a) A literary adaptation.
(b) A musical.
(c) A western.
(d) A romance.
6. What does Pat try to do to secure a better position in the studio in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
(a) Work harder.
(b) Blackmail Gooddorf.
(c) Write a great script.
(d) Steal a script.
7. How much is Pat offered for a weekly salary in "Pat Hobby's Secret"?
(a) One thousand dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
8. How does Pat explain his current unemployment in "The Homes of the Stars"?
(a) No one will hire him.
(b) The Screen Playwriters' Guild is on strike.
(c) He is not a good writer.
(d) He is unemployed because he wants another career.
9. In "The Homes of the Stars," what does Pat buy from the drug store?
(b) A sandwich.
10. In "The Homes of the Stars," how much does Pat agree to get paid?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Twenty dollars.
11. Who died in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
(a) An actor.
(b) Pat's wife.
(c) An executive.
(d) A writer.
12. How long does Pat try to get the playwright to work in "Teamed with Genius"?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
13. What did the writer that Banizon hired in "Pat Hobby's Secret" demand?
(a) A house.
(b) Ten scripts.
(c) More money.
(d) Ten actors.
14. What does Pat go to Berners' office to do in "A Man in the Way"?
(a) To present Berners his own original idea.
(b) To suggest the woman's idea as his own.
(c) To tell Berners he is unable to come up with an idea.
(d) To present his completed script to Berners.
15. In "The Homes of the Stars," what happens to Pat's car?
(a) It is stolen.
(b) Nothing happens to it.
(c) It is set on fire.
(d) It breaks down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish" indicate?
2. Who has a heart attack in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
3. How is the condition for Pat's gift broken in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
4. Who finishes the script in "Teamed with Genius"?
5. Whom does Pat run into on his way to show Berners the script in "Teamed with Genius"?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)