|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat try to do to secure a better position in the studio in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
(a) Write a great script.
(b) Steal a script.
(c) Work harder.
(d) Blackmail Gooddorf.
2. What is true about the playwright in "Teamed with Genius"?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He has written many films before.
(c) He is a producer.
(d) He has never written a film before.
3. What star's home is the woman in "The Homes of the Stars" insistent on seeing?
(a) Audrey Hepburn.
(b) Jimmy Stewart.
(c) Humphrey Bogart.
(d) Shirley Temple.
4. Where does Pat meet an executive in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
(a) The executive's house.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A bar.
(d) His house.
5. Whom does Pat run into on his way to show Berners the script in "Teamed with Genius"?
(a) Mr. Marcus.
(b) The studio bookie.
(c) Phil Macedon.
6. What does Pat do at the end of "The Homes of the Stars"?
(a) Gets arrested.
(b) Quits his job.
(c) Leads the couple out of the house.
(d) Runs out of the house.
7. What does Pat try to get into in "Pat Hobby and Orson Welles"?
(a) A movie.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The studio.
(d) An executive's house.
8. What does Pat talk about at lunch in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
(a) They discuss marriage.
(b) They discuss acting in a movie.
(c) They discuss finding a job in another industry.
(d) They discuss the script.
9. Where does Pat go to fulfill the producer's wishes in "Boil Some Water--Lots of It"?
(a) The store.
(b) The infirmary.
(c) The library.
(d) A school.
10. What does Pat change in the script in "Teamed with Genius"?
(b) The entire script.
(d) The characters.
11. What tone is set by the events at the end of "A Man in the Way"?
12. What does the executive in "A Man in the Way" tell Pat to do?
(a) Recruit some other writers.
(b) Revise someone's idea for a screenplay.
(c) Come up with an original idea.
(d) Act in a movie.
13. In "Boil Some Water--Lots of It," what is revealed about the person that Pat hit?
(a) He is a popular writer.
(b) He is a big executive.
(c) He is a famous actor.
(d) He is an ex-convict.
14. Why does Gooddorf refuse to bend to Pat's demands in "Pat Hobby's Christmas Wish"?
(a) The letter is not proof of guilt.
(b) He has a good lawyer.
(c) He hates Pat.
(d) The cops are involved.
15. In "Pat Hobby's Secret," what does all the excitement cause Pat to forget?
(a) The ending to the script.
(b) His money.
(c) His car.
(d) His lines for a scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Pat Hobby's Secret," who threatens Pat at the inquest?
2. What does Pat tell the couple that his profession is in "The Homes of the Stars"?
3. What executive does Pat go see in the beginning of "A Man in the Way"?
4. How is the condition for Pat's gift broken in "Pat Hobby, Putative Father"?
5. In "Pat Hobby, Putative Father," what does Pat's son reveal to him about his uncle?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)