|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Villanelle sees the Queen on her balcony, how many years has it been since she last saw her?
2. FInish this sentence from Chapter 4: ¨Passion does not take ______ well¨.
3. What slips into the canal when Villanelle sees the Queen on her balcony?
4. What sound is Villanelle supposed to make to warn Henri of danger while he is in the Queen´s house?
5. How long has the group been travelling when Patrick begins to behave oddly?
Essay Topic 1
Insanity vs. reality is an important theme in The Passion. Using at least 2 characters, write an essay about the theme of insanity vs. reality in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
In The Passion, religion plays an important part of the lives of many of the characters. Also, Winterson uses religious terminology and diction often in the novel. Write an essay on the influence of religion on the characters of the novel and the novel itself. What does religion bring to The Passion?
Essay Topic 3
Napoleon is a central figure in the novel. Write an essay on Napoleon´s character, and what he represents to both the characters in the novel and the novel as a whole. Be specific and be sure to use at least three examples in your argument.
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)