|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patrick say goes well with spirits when Henri asks him to desert?
2. Finish this sentence from Chapter 3: ¨Not all men are as fortunate as _________."
3. Which of these voices does NOT haunt Henri?
4. When Henri sees his daughter in the boat with Villanelle, what does he wonder?
5. In what year does Henri first see Venice?
Essay Topic 1
War is the main conflict in the novel, and it brings the two narrators together. What purpose does the war serve in the novel? Write an essay about war in The Passion and its effect on at least 3 characters.
Essay Topic 2
In The Passion, Villanelle tells a story about two men who bet their lives against each other. Write an essay on the theme of "The stakes of life" in the novel, using Villanelle's story as a background to your argument. Make sure you use at least 2 examples that mirror Villanelle's story.
Essay Topic 3
One theme in The Passion is the theory of past and future, as represented in the character of Domino. Write an essay on the theme of past and future and how Domino´s philosophy is shown in the novel, citing at least 3 examples.
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)