|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henri say is worse than watching his comrades die?
2. When Henri first reaches Venice, how long does he sleep for?
3. FInish this sentence from Chapter 4: ¨Passion does not take ______ well¨.
4. What project does Henri begin to take up towards the end of the novel?
5. What does Henri say about Villanelle if they were to marry?
Essay Topic 1
Napoleon is a central figure in the novel. Write an essay on Napoleon´s character, and what he represents to both the characters in the novel and the novel as a whole. Be specific and be sure to use at least three examples in your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Darkness is an important theme in The Passion. Write an essay about the nature of darkness and its effects on the characters in the novel. Make sure to use specific examples in your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Passion is a key theme throughout the novel. Write an essay about passion, using at least three different ways that passion comes across in the novel. Also, be sure that your examples encompass at least 4 characters/elements of passion.
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)