Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Patrick and the vivandiere eating when Henri comes to steal food for his departure?
2. What question does the Queen ask Villanelle during their last visit together?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 4, who does Henri say he hears in his room every night?
4. What is the name of the institution that Henri is sent to?
5. Finish this sentence from Chapter 3: ¨This is a city of ________.¨
Essay Topic 1
In The Passion, sexuality is a key theme. Write an essay on the role of sexuality and gender in the novel, and its effect on the characters. Be sure to use at least three characters in your argument.
Essay Topic 2
War is the main conflict in the novel, and it brings the two narrators together. What purpose does the war serve in the novel? Write an essay about war in The Passion and its effect on at least 3 characters.
Essay Topic 3
In The Passion, religion plays an important part of the lives of many of the characters. Also, Winterson uses religious terminology and diction often in the novel. Write an essay on the influence of religion on the characters of the novel and the novel itself. What does religion bring to The Passion?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)