|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prosecuting attorney in Henri´s case?
2. How does Villanelle wear her hair when she is on the canal?
3. Why does Henri confess to the murder?
4. FInish this sentence from Chapter 4: ¨We are a lukewarm people and our longing for freedom is our longing for ______."
5. Why does Henri have a private room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Canals and transportation are important themes in The Passion. Write an essay on the role of Canals in the novel and how transportation is presented through the characters. Include at least 3 examples in your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Disability is a common theme amongst the characters in The Passion. Write an essay about the theme of disability in the novel, using at least 3 characters in your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Sexual roles an important part in the interaction between the characters of The Passion. Using at least 3 characters, write an essay on the theme of how sexual roles are represented in the novel.
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)