Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Patrick and the vivandiere eating when Henri comes to steal food for his departure?
2. What question does the Queen ask Villanelle during their last visit together?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 4, who does Henri say he hears in his room every night?
4. What is the name of the institution that Henri is sent to?
5. Finish this sentence from Chapter 3: ¨This is a city of ________.¨
Essay Topic 1
In The Passion, a key figure is the Queen of Spades. Write an essay on the role of the Queen in the novel, paying special attention to her impact on both Villanelle and Henri in turn. Be sure to use at least 3 examples in your argument.
Essay Topic 2
The old homeless woman that Villanelle talks to in Venice is a key figure in the novel. Write an essay on what role her character plays and her affect on the other characters in the novel. Make sure to use at least 2 examples on your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Money is an extremely important element in The Passion. Write an essay on the role of money in the novel and how it affects the relationships between characters. Be sure to include at least 3 examples of the importance of money during interactions between characters.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)