|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Patrick and the vivandiere eating when Henri comes to steal food for his departure?
2. What question does the Queen ask Villanelle during their last visit together?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 4, who does Henri say he hears in his room every night?
4. What is the name of the institution that Henri is sent to?
5. Finish this sentence from Chapter 3: ¨This is a city of ________.¨
Essay Topic 1
Napoleon is a central figure in the novel. Write an essay on Napoleon´s character, and what he represents to both the characters in the novel and the novel as a whole. Be specific and be sure to use at least three examples in your argument.
Essay Topic 2
In The Passion, a key figure is the Queen of Spades. Write an essay on the role of the Queen in the novel, paying special attention to her impact on both Villanelle and Henri in turn. Be sure to use at least 3 examples in your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Disability is a common theme amongst the characters in The Passion. Write an essay about the theme of disability in the novel, using at least 3 characters in your argument.
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)