|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Villanelle´s parents want Henri to do?
(a) Kill Napoleon.
(b) Ask Villanelle to marry him.
(c) Go back to France.
(d) Learn to speak English.
2. How does the vivandiere say she was able to get the food she and Patrick are eating?
(a) She owns them.
(b) In exchange for sex.
(c) She paid for them.
(d) She stole them.
3. What do Villanelle´s parents serve them when Henri and Villanelle reach Venice?
(a) Olives and bread.
(b) Pasta and wine.
(c) Cakes and wine.
(d) Eggs and toast.
4. What is Villanelle´s reaction when Henri kills her husband?
(a) She cries.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She screams.
(d) She shows no emotion.
5. Finish this sentence from Chapter 4: ¨Victors lose when they _______."
(a) Make a mistake.
(b) Get lazy.
(c) Run out of money.
(d) Are tired of winning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prosecuting attorney in Henri´s case?
2. What does Henri find out that Villanelle cannot do while they are in Venice?
3. How long has the group been travelling when Patrick begins to behave oddly?
4. What relation does Villanelle consider Henri?
5. What is the jar that Henri finds in the Queen´s house wrapped in?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Henri and Villanelle reach Venice, who do they stay with? How is Henri received?
2. Why does Villanelle decide to marry the meat man? What does she say they had in common?
3. How long does Villanelle say she knew the Queen of Spades? How many nights did they have together?
4. What does Henri do after he kills Villanelle's husband? What is Villanelle's reaction?
5. How many days does it take the authorities to catch up with Villanelle and Henri? What do they do in this time?
6. When Villanelle tries to break Henri out of the asylum, what is his reaction? Why does he react this way?
7. What happens to Patrick while he, Henri, and Villanelle are traveling? What does he talk about?
8. How does Villanelle know the cook? What connection does Henri finally make between him, Villanelle, and her fluency in French?
9. When Henri thinks about taking Villanelle to France to live with him, what does he say he would always be afraid of? Why would he be afraid of this?
10. What does Henri find in the sixth room of the Queen's house? How complete is it? What is important about this?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)