|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henri confess to the murder?
(a) To protect Villanelle.
(b) To get away from Villanelle.
(c) To live comfortably.
(d) Because he believes in the truth.
2. Why does Villanelle decide to marry the meat man?
(a) To be closer to her enemy.
(b) To prevent going back to the casino.
3. Finish this sentence from Chapter 3: ¨Not all men are as fortunate as _________."
4. What quest has the Queen´s husband gone on in Chapter 4?
(a) To find his long lost love.
(b) To find the Mona Lisa.
(c) To fight Napoleon.
(d) To find the Holy Grail.
5. What slips into the canal when Villanelle sees the Queen on her balcony?
(a) Her bag.
(b) A rug.
(c) A plant.
(d) Her oar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Jewish man want to exchange with the woman he meets on the street?
2. What is the name of the institution that Henri is sent to?
3. What does Henri kill Villanelle´s husband with?
4. What smell does Henri say that Bonaparte leaves behind?
5. What does Villanelle´s husband do after she loses to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long does Villanelle say she knew the Queen of Spades? How many nights did they have together?
2. What happens to Henri the first time he ventures out into Venice? How long is he gone?
3. When Villanelle tries to break Henri out of the asylum, what is his reaction? Why does he react this way?
4. What do the Russian peasants call the czar? What do they do as the Napoleonic army arrives?
5. Why is Napoleon´s army more demoralized as they reach Moscow? What happens to Henri at this point?
6. What is the only time that Henri sees Villanelle's feet? What is Henri's reaction to her feet?
7. How does Villanelle know the cook? What connection does Henri finally make between him, Villanelle, and her fluency in French?
8. When Henri and Villanelle reach Venice, who do they stay with? How is Henri received?
9. When Villanelle visits the Queen in Chapter 4, what does she realize about their relationship? What is she afraid of while she visits? What does she do to protect herself?
10. What are the terms of Villanelle's husband's will? How does this influence Henri's decision to confess?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)