|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Villanelle´s parents serve them when Henri and Villanelle reach Venice?
(a) Pasta and wine.
(b) Eggs and toast.
(c) Cakes and wine.
(d) Olives and bread.
2. What is Patrick and the vivandiere eating when Henri comes to steal food for his departure?
3. How long does Villanelle travel with her husband before she leaves him?
(a) Two years.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Four years.
(d) Two months.
4. What is Patrick´s response when Henri asks him to desert with him?
(a) Henri doesn´t have booze and Bonaparte does.
(b) He cannot answer because he is drunk.
(c) Henri is a fool.
(d) He will certainly die if he tries to run.
5. What does Henri kill Villanelle´s husband with?
(a) His bare hands.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A rope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Villanelle´s parents want Henri to do?
2. When Villanelle sees the Queen on her balcony, how many years has it been since she last saw her?
3. Which of these voices does NOT haunt Henri?
4. What island is Napoleon sent to?
5. When Henri and Villanelle go to the casino, what does Villanelle say is upstairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Villanelle decide to marry the meat man? What does she say they had in common?
2. What game does Villanelle say she entered with the Queen of Spades? What was the wager?
3. How long are Villanelle and her husband together before she leaves him? What does she do in order to sneak away?
4. What does Henri find in the sixth room of the Queen's house? How complete is it? What is important about this?
5. What is the name of the institution that Henri stays in? Why is he moved to a different room?
6. What do the Russian peasants call the czar? What do they do as the Napoleonic army arrives?
7. What happens to Henri the first time he ventures out into Venice? How long is he gone?
8. What is the name of the prosecuting attorney that Villanelle tries to bribe? Why won't he accept her money?
9. When Villanelle tries to break Henri out of the asylum, what is his reaction? Why does he react this way?
10. How does Villanelle know the cook? What connection does Henri finally make between him, Villanelle, and her fluency in French?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)