|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Villanelle travel with her husband before she leaves him?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Two months.
2. What do Villanelle and Henri pose as while they are travelling together?
(a) Brother and sister.
(c) Niece and nephew.
(d) Husband and wife.
3. Why does Henri say he followed Napoleon so wholeheartedly?
(a) He needed something to believe in.
(b) He loved Josephine.
(c) He loved him.
(d) He was stupid and naive.
4. In the days after the murder, what do Villanelle and Henri do?
(b) Burn all the evidence.
(c) Run across the border.
(d) Whatever they please.
5. Where does Villanelle buy a house?
(a) In Moscow.
(b) Next to her parents.
(c) In France.
(d) Across from the Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is set to inherit the cook´s money if Villanelle cannot?
2. Why does Henri have a private room?
3. How many years does Villanelle say Henri served in the war?
4. When Henri and Villanelle go to the casino, what does Villanelle say is upstairs?
5. What do Villanelle, Henri, and Patrick pose as while they are deserting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Villanelle use her inheritance to buy? What is unusual about this?
2. When Henri thinks about taking Villanelle to France to live with him, what does he say he would always be afraid of? Why would he be afraid of this?
3. How long does Villanelle say she knew the Queen of Spades? How many nights did they have together?
4. What happens to Henri the first time he ventures out into Venice? How long is he gone?
5. How long are Villanelle and her husband together before she leaves him? What does she do in order to sneak away?
6. What does Villanelle tell Henri he must find in the Queen's house? How does Villanelle convince Henri to do this?
7. When Henri asks Domino to desert with him, what does Domino write? What does Domino give Henri as he leaves?
8. What does Henri find in the sixth room of the Queen's house? How complete is it? What is important about this?
9. In the beginning of Chapter 4, who haunts Henri in his room? Why are his hands greasy? What does this person ask Henri?
10. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Henri´s emotional state? What is Henri´s physical state?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)