|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henri confess to the murder?
(a) To protect Villanelle.
(b) To live comfortably.
(c) To get away from Villanelle.
(d) Because he believes in the truth.
2. What do Villanelle and Henri pose as while they are travelling together?
(a) Brother and sister.
(b) Niece and nephew.
(c) Husband and wife.
3. What does Henri kill Villanelle´s husband with?
(a) A knife.
(b) His bare hands.
(c) A rope.
(d) A gun.
4. When Villanelle sees the Queen on her balcony, how many years has it been since she last saw her?
5. What does Villanelle´s husband do after she loses to him?
(a) Throws her in the canal.
(b) Sells her to the French.
(c) Walks away from her.
(d) Beats her.
Short Answer Questions
1. FInish this sentence from Chapter 4: ¨Passion does not take ______ well¨.
2. Why won´t the prosecuting attorney be bribed?
3. How is Henri wounded in Chapter 3?
4. What does the Jewish man want to exchange with the woman he meets on the street?
5. When Henri goes out on his own in Venice, how long is he lost for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Russian peasants call the czar? What do they do as the Napoleonic army arrives?
2. What happens to Henri the first time he ventures out into Venice? How long is he gone?
3. When Henri asks Patrick to desert with him, what does Patrick say? What is Henri´s reaction to the state of his good friend?
4. What game does Villanelle say she entered with the Queen of Spades? What was the wager?
5. When Henri goes to steal food before he leaves, who does he find in the kitchen? What are they eating?
6. In the beginning of Chapter 4, who haunts Henri in his room? Why are his hands greasy? What does this person ask Henri?
7. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Henri´s emotional state? What is Henri´s physical state?
8. What is the name of the prosecuting attorney that Villanelle tries to bribe? Why won't he accept her money?
9. When Villanelle's husband catches up with her, what do they do to settle the score? What happens to Villanelle?
10. What happens to Patrick while he, Henri, and Villanelle are traveling? What does he talk about?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)