|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henri say is worse than watching his comrades die?
(a) Watching them fight.
(b) Watching them cry.
(c) Watching them live.
(d) Watching Napoleon cry.
2. How is Henri wounded in Chapter 3?
(a) He is burned badly.
(b) He is kicked by a horse.
(c) He loses a leg.
(d) He loses an eye.
3. What quest has the Queen´s husband gone on in Chapter 4?
(a) To find the Mona Lisa.
(b) To fight Napoleon.
(c) To find the Holy Grail.
(d) To find his long lost love.
4. What question does the Queen ask Villanelle during their last visit together?
(a) Will you stay?
(b) Where have you been?
(c) Why did you leave?
(d) Do you still love me?
5. What do Villanelle´s parents want Henri to do?
(a) Learn to speak English.
(b) Ask Villanelle to marry him.
(c) Go back to France.
(d) Kill Napoleon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 4, who does Henri say he hears in his room every night?
2. What does Villanelle´s philosopher friend wear as a crown?
3. What is Patrick´s response when Henri asks him to desert with him?
4. What word does Domino write in the snow when Henri asks him to desert?
5. What island is Napoleon sent to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Napoleon´s army more demoralized as they reach Moscow? What happens to Henri at this point?
2. What game does Villanelle say she entered with the Queen of Spades? What was the wager?
3. When Villanelle visits the Queen in Chapter 4, what does she realize about their relationship? What is she afraid of while she visits? What does she do to protect herself?
4. When Henri goes to steal food before he leaves, who does he find in the kitchen? What are they eating?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Henri´s emotional state? What is Henri´s physical state?
6. What does Villanelle use her inheritance to buy? What is unusual about this?
7. What happens to Patrick while he, Henri, and Villanelle are traveling? What does he talk about?
8. How many days does it take the authorities to catch up with Villanelle and Henri? What do they do in this time?
9. When Henri asks Patrick to desert with him, what does Patrick say? What is Henri´s reaction to the state of his good friend?
10. What does Henri find in the sixth room of the Queen's house? How complete is it? What is important about this?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)