|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Villanelle and Henri escape the scene of the crime without oars?
(a) They swim.
(b) Villanelle swims and drags the boat.
(c) Villanelle walks on the canal and pulls the boat.
(d) They jump across the canal.
2. When Henri sees his daughter in the boat with Villanelle, what does he wonder?
(a) Where she got her red hair.
(b) Whether he will ever see her.
(c) What her feet are like.
(d) Whether it is his kid.
3. What relation does Villanelle consider Henri?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her lover.
(d) Her friend.
4. What island is Napoleon sent to?
5. What quest has the Queen´s husband gone on in Chapter 4?
(a) To fight Napoleon.
(b) To find his long lost love.
(c) To find the Holy Grail.
(d) To find the Mona Lisa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Jewish man want to exchange with the woman he meets on the street?
2. Why does Villanelle´s husband want to take her back?
3. How does the vivandiere say she was able to get the food she and Patrick are eating?
4. In what year does Henri first see Venice?
5. How long does Villanelle travel with her husband before she leaves him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Patrick while he, Henri, and Villanelle are traveling? What does he talk about?
2. When Villanelle's husband catches up with her, what do they do to settle the score? What happens to Villanelle?
3. How does Villanelle know the cook? What connection does Henri finally make between him, Villanelle, and her fluency in French?
4. How long are Villanelle and her husband together before she leaves him? What does she do in order to sneak away?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 4, who haunts Henri in his room? Why are his hands greasy? What does this person ask Henri?
6. How long does Villanelle say she knew the Queen of Spades? How many nights did they have together?
7. What happens to Henri the first time he ventures out into Venice? How long is he gone?
8. When Villanelle tries to break Henri out of the asylum, what is his reaction? Why does he react this way?
9. When Henri goes to steal food before he leaves, who does he find in the kitchen? What are they eating?
10. What is the only time that Henri sees Villanelle's feet? What is Henri's reaction to her feet?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)