|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What project does Henri begin to take up towards the end of the novel?
2. What is the name of the church the Venetians go to on New Year´s Eve?
(a) St. Paul´s.
(b) St. Joseph´s.
(c) St. Mark´s.
(d) St. John´s.
3. What is Patrick´s response when Henri asks him to desert with him?
(a) He will certainly die if he tries to run.
(b) Henri is a fool.
(c) Henri doesn´t have booze and Bonaparte does.
(d) He cannot answer because he is drunk.
4. What does Henri find out that Villanelle cannot do while they are in Venice?
5. Why does Villanelle´s husband want to take her back?
(a) She belongs to the French.
(b) She can speak 5 languages.
(c) She spat in his face.
(d) She is valuable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Villanelle buy a house?
2. Why does Henri have a private room?
3. What does the Jewish man want to exchange with the woman he meets on the street?
4. Finish this sentence from Chapter 3: ¨Not all men are as fortunate as _________."
5. What question does the Queen ask Villanelle during their last visit together?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Villanelle visits the Queen in Chapter 4, what does she realize about their relationship? What is she afraid of while she visits? What does she do to protect herself?
2. What does Villanelle tell Henri he must find in the Queen's house? How does Villanelle convince Henri to do this?
3. What does Henri do after he kills Villanelle's husband? What is Villanelle's reaction?
4. How many days does it take the authorities to catch up with Villanelle and Henri? What do they do in this time?
5. What are the terms of Villanelle's husband's will? How does this influence Henri's decision to confess?
6. How long are Villanelle and her husband together before she leaves him? What does she do in order to sneak away?
7. When Villanelle's husband catches up with her, what do they do to settle the score? What happens to Villanelle?
8. What happens to Patrick while he, Henri, and Villanelle are traveling? What does he talk about?
9. How long does Villanelle say she knew the Queen of Spades? How many nights did they have together?
10. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Henri´s emotional state? What is Henri´s physical state?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)