|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the days after the murder, what do Villanelle and Henri do?
(a) Run across the border.
(b) Burn all the evidence.
(d) Whatever they please.
2. Why does Villanelle´s husband want to take her back?
(a) She is valuable.
(b) She spat in his face.
(c) She belongs to the French.
(d) She can speak 5 languages.
3. How long has the group been travelling when Patrick begins to behave oddly?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two days.
4. How is Henri wounded in Chapter 3?
(a) He loses a leg.
(b) He is kicked by a horse.
(c) He loses an eye.
(d) He is burned badly.
5. What relation does Villanelle consider Henri?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her friend.
(d) Her lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Domino injured in Chapter 3?
2. What does the Queen of Spades like to cook for Villanelle?
3. Which of these voices does NOT haunt Henri?
4. What quest has the Queen´s husband gone on in Chapter 4?
5. What question does the Queen ask Villanelle during their last visit together?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Henri thinks about taking Villanelle to France to live with him, what does he say he would always be afraid of? Why would he be afraid of this?
2. When Henri and Villanelle reach Venice, who do they stay with? How is Henri received?
3. What is the name of the prosecuting attorney that Villanelle tries to bribe? Why won't he accept her money?
4. What is the only time that Henri sees Villanelle's feet? What is Henri's reaction to her feet?
5. Why does Villanelle decide to marry the meat man? What does she say they had in common?
6. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Henri´s emotional state? What is Henri´s physical state?
7. When Henri asks Domino to desert with him, what does Domino write? What does Domino give Henri as he leaves?
8. What does Villanelle use her inheritance to buy? What is unusual about this?
9. When Villanelle visits the Queen in Chapter 4, what does she realize about their relationship? What is she afraid of while she visits? What does she do to protect herself?
10. How long are Villanelle and her husband together before she leaves him? What does she do in order to sneak away?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)