|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the sixth room of the Queen´s house?
(a) A tapestry.
(c) The Queen.
2. Where does Villanelle buy a house?
(a) Across from the Queen.
(b) In France.
(c) Next to her parents.
(d) In Moscow.
3. What is the jar that Henri finds in the Queen´s house wrapped in?
(a) Villanelle´s uniform.
(b) A dress.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A towel.
4. What word does Domino write in the snow when Henri asks him to desert?
5. In chapter 3, what is the name of the Jewish man that Villanelle tells the story about?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Villanelle wear her hair when she is on the canal?
2. What does Henri begin to have nightmares about?
3. In what year does Henri first see Venice?
4. What relation does Villanelle consider Henri?
5. What is the name of the institution that Henri is sent to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Villanelle use her inheritance to buy? What is unusual about this?
2. When Villanelle tries to break Henri out of the asylum, what is his reaction? Why does he react this way?
3. What do the Russian peasants call the czar? What do they do as the Napoleonic army arrives?
4. When Henri wakes up after 2 days of sleep in Venice, what does he do first? What does he pray will sink into the canal?
5. When Henri asks Patrick to desert with him, what does Patrick say? What is Henri´s reaction to the state of his good friend?
6. What does Henri do after he kills Villanelle's husband? What is Villanelle's reaction?
7. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Henri´s emotional state? What is Henri´s physical state?
8. In the beginning of Chapter 4, who haunts Henri in his room? Why are his hands greasy? What does this person ask Henri?
9. How long does Villanelle say she knew the Queen of Spades? How many nights did they have together?
10. When Villanelle's husband catches up with her, what do they do to settle the score? What happens to Villanelle?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)