|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound is Villanelle supposed to make to warn Henri of danger while he is in the Queen´s house?
(a) A laugh.
(b) A seagull cry.
(c) A scream.
(d) A cough.
2. Where is Henri´s company marching in the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. How has the Queen changed since Villanelle last saw her.
(a) She is in a wheelchair.
(b) She is extremely thin.
(c) She has gained weight.
(d) She has grey hair.
4. What does Henri say about Villanelle if they were to marry?
(a) She would run away.
(b) She wouldn´t have children.
(c) She would never be faithful.
(d) She would be wonderful.
5. What does Villanelle´s mother often exclaim while throwing her palms up?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Villanelle´s husband finds her, what do they do to settle the score?
2. What is the name of the prosecuting attorney in Henri´s case?
3. What is the name of the church the Venetians go to on New Year´s Eve?
4. Why won´t the prosecuting attorney be bribed?
5. What does Villanelle´s philosopher friend wear as a crown?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Henri the first time he ventures out into Venice? How long is he gone?
2. At the end of the novel, what does Henri see in the boat with Villanelle? What does he wonder about this?
3. When Henri asks Domino to desert with him, what does Domino write? What does Domino give Henri as he leaves?
4. What do the Russian peasants call the czar? What do they do as the Napoleonic army arrives?
5. How does Villanelle know the cook? What connection does Henri finally make between him, Villanelle, and her fluency in French?
6. What does Villanelle tell Henri he must find in the Queen's house? How does Villanelle convince Henri to do this?
7. What does Villanelle use her inheritance to buy? What is unusual about this?
8. What game does Villanelle say she entered with the Queen of Spades? What was the wager?
9. What is the name of the institution that Henri stays in? Why is he moved to a different room?
10. When Henri thinks about taking Villanelle to France to live with him, what does he say he would always be afraid of? Why would he be afraid of this?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)