|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the prosecuting attorney in Henri´s case?
2. After Henri kills Villanelle´s husband, what does he do?
(a) Starts to cry.
(b) Cuts off his finger.
(c) Tosses him into the river.
(d) Cuts out his heart.
3. How do Villanelle and Henri escape the scene of the crime without oars?
(a) They swim.
(b) They jump across the canal.
(c) Villanelle swims and drags the boat.
(d) Villanelle walks on the canal and pulls the boat.
4. What does the Queen of Spades like to cook for Villanelle?
5. What is in the sixth room of the Queen´s house?
(b) The Queen.
(c) A tapestry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Villanelle´s husband want to take her back?
2. Where is Henri wounded?
3. What do the peasants call the czar?
4. How does Villanelle lose to her husband when he finds her?
5. How does Villanelle wear her hair when she is on the canal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Patrick while he, Henri, and Villanelle are traveling? What does he talk about?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Henri´s emotional state? What is Henri´s physical state?
3. When Villanelle visits the Queen in Chapter 4, what does she realize about their relationship? What is she afraid of while she visits? What does she do to protect herself?
4. At the end of the novel, what does Henri see in the boat with Villanelle? What does he wonder about this?
5. When Villanelle tries to break Henri out of the asylum, what is his reaction? Why does he react this way?
6. What game does Villanelle say she entered with the Queen of Spades? What was the wager?
7. When Henri goes to steal food before he leaves, who does he find in the kitchen? What are they eating?
8. What does Henri find in the sixth room of the Queen's house? How complete is it? What is important about this?
9. What do the Russian peasants call the czar? What do they do as the Napoleonic army arrives?
10. How many days does it take the authorities to catch up with Villanelle and Henri? What do they do in this time?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)