|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won´t Henri leave when Villanelle tries to free him?
(a) He is angry Villanelle bribed someone.
(b) He doesn´t feel ready to leave.
(c) He can´t marry Villanelle.
(d) He wants to get better.
2. What does Villanelle´s mother often exclaim while throwing her palms up?
3. What is in the sixth room of the Queen´s house?
(c) The Queen.
(d) A tapestry.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 4, who does Henri say he hears in his room every night?
5. How does Villanelle wear her hair when she is on the canal?
(a) Always down.
(c) In a bun.
(d) In a hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henri find out that Villanelle cannot do while they are in Venice?
2. What does Patrick talk about while he is sick?
3. What is the name of the church the Venetians go to on New Year´s Eve?
4. How many days does Villanelle spend with the Queen of Spades in Chapter 3?
5. Finish this sentence from Chapter 3: ¨Not all men are as fortunate as _________."
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of the novel, what does Henri see in the boat with Villanelle? What does he wonder about this?
2. How long are Villanelle and her husband together before she leaves him? What does she do in order to sneak away?
3. When Henri goes to steal food before he leaves, who does he find in the kitchen? What are they eating?
4. When Henri and Villanelle reach Venice, who do they stay with? How is Henri received?
5. What does Villanelle use her inheritance to buy? What is unusual about this?
6. How many days does it take the authorities to catch up with Villanelle and Henri? What do they do in this time?
7. What does Henri do after he kills Villanelle's husband? What is Villanelle's reaction?
8. Why is Napoleon´s army more demoralized as they reach Moscow? What happens to Henri at this point?
9. In the beginning of Chapter 4, who haunts Henri in his room? Why are his hands greasy? What does this person ask Henri?
10. When Villanelle visits the Queen in Chapter 4, what does she realize about their relationship? What is she afraid of while she visits? What does she do to protect herself?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)