|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Villanelle tell Henri that a map won´t help him?
(a) Because Henri can´t read a map.
(b) Because they don´t make maps of Venice.
(c) Because maps often lie.
(d) Because it is a living city.
2. What is the name of the church the Venetians go to on New Year´s Eve?
(a) St. John´s.
(b) St. Paul´s.
(c) St. Joseph´s.
(d) St. Mark´s.
3. What does Henri promise to help Villanelle re-obtain while they are travelling?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her money.
(c) Her soul.
(d) Her mind.
4. What island is Napoleon sent to?
5. Which of these voices does NOT haunt Henri?
(a) The cook.
(c) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Villanelle sees the Queen on her balcony, how many years has it been since she last saw her?
2. Who does Henri know Villanelle´s husband as?
3. What does Henri say is worse than watching his comrades die?
4. How does Villanelle lose to her husband when he finds her?
5. How has the Queen changed since Villanelle last saw her.
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of the novel, what does Henri see in the boat with Villanelle? What does he wonder about this?
2. When Henri goes to steal food before he leaves, who does he find in the kitchen? What are they eating?
3. What does Henri find in the sixth room of the Queen's house? How complete is it? What is important about this?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 4, who haunts Henri in his room? Why are his hands greasy? What does this person ask Henri?
5. What is the name of the prosecuting attorney that Villanelle tries to bribe? Why won't he accept her money?
6. Why is Napoleon´s army more demoralized as they reach Moscow? What happens to Henri at this point?
7. How long does Villanelle say she knew the Queen of Spades? How many nights did they have together?
8. How long are Villanelle and her husband together before she leaves him? What does she do in order to sneak away?
9. What does Villanelle tell Henri he must find in the Queen's house? How does Villanelle convince Henri to do this?
10. What does Villanelle use her inheritance to buy? What is unusual about this?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)