|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henri kill Villanelle´s husband with?
(a) A knife.
(b) A rope.
(c) A gun.
(d) His bare hands.
2. How many days does Villanelle spend with the Queen of Spades in Chapter 3?
3. How does Villanelle lose to her husband when he finds her?
(a) The pack is fixed.
(b) Her gun misfires.
(c) He doesn´t want money.
(d) He overpowers her.
4. What is the last line of the book?
(a) I´ll never see her again.
(b) Passion is dead.
(c) I wonder what her feet look like.
(d) I´m telling you stories. Trust me.
5. When Henri goes out on his own in Venice, how long is he lost for?
(a) 5 months.
(b) One week,
(c) 5 days.
(d) 3 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the peasants call the czar?
2. When Henri and Villanelle go to the casino, what does Villanelle say is upstairs?
3. What question does the Queen ask Villanelle during their last visit together?
4. How many languages does Villanelle learn how to speak in the years after she runs away from her husband?
5. What smell does Henri say that Bonaparte leaves behind?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Villanelle visits the Queen in Chapter 4, what does she realize about their relationship? What is she afraid of while she visits? What does she do to protect herself?
2. How does Villanelle know the cook? What connection does Henri finally make between him, Villanelle, and her fluency in French?
3. What does Henri find in the sixth room of the Queen's house? How complete is it? What is important about this?
4. When Villanelle tries to break Henri out of the asylum, what is his reaction? Why does he react this way?
5. Why is Napoleon´s army more demoralized as they reach Moscow? What happens to Henri at this point?
6. What game does Villanelle say she entered with the Queen of Spades? What was the wager?
7. What does Villanelle tell Henri he must find in the Queen's house? How does Villanelle convince Henri to do this?
8. When Henri goes to steal food before he leaves, who does he find in the kitchen? What are they eating?
9. What do the Russian peasants call the czar? What do they do as the Napoleonic army arrives?
10. When Henri thinks about taking Villanelle to France to live with him, what does he say he would always be afraid of? Why would he be afraid of this?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)