|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What project does Henri begin to take up towards the end of the novel?
2. What is in the sixth room of the Queen´s house?
(a) The Queen.
(b) A tapestry.
3. When Henri wakes in Venice, what do Villanelle´s parents say he should do to blend in?
(a) Shave his beard.
(b) Grow a beard.
(c) Learn German.
(d) Become a boatsman.
4. What word does Domino write in the snow when Henri asks him to desert?
5. FInish this sentence from Chapter 4: ¨Passion does not take ______ well¨.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Patrick and the vivandiere eating when Henri comes to steal food for his departure?
2. Why won´t the prosecuting attorney be bribed?
3. What does Patrick talk about while he is sick?
4. Why does Henri confess to the murder?
5. What does Villanelle teach Henri to do while they are in Venice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henri do after he kills Villanelle's husband? What is Villanelle's reaction?
2. What does Villanelle tell Henri he must find in the Queen's house? How does Villanelle convince Henri to do this?
3. What do the Russian peasants call the czar? What do they do as the Napoleonic army arrives?
4. What are the terms of Villanelle's husband's will? How does this influence Henri's decision to confess?
5. How many days does it take the authorities to catch up with Villanelle and Henri? What do they do in this time?
6. What happens to Henri the first time he ventures out into Venice? How long is he gone?
7. When Henri thinks about taking Villanelle to France to live with him, what does he say he would always be afraid of? Why would he be afraid of this?
8. In the beginning of Chapter 4, who haunts Henri in his room? Why are his hands greasy? What does this person ask Henri?
9. What is the name of the institution that Henri stays in? Why is he moved to a different room?
10. What is the name of the prosecuting attorney that Villanelle tries to bribe? Why won't he accept her money?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)