|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Jewish man want to exchange with the woman he meets on the street?
2. In chapter 3, what is the name of the Jewish man that Villanelle tells the story about?
3. How does Villanelle lose to her husband when he finds her?
(a) Her gun misfires.
(b) He overpowers her.
(c) The pack is fixed.
(d) He doesn´t want money.
4. When Villanelle´s husband finds her, what do they do to settle the score?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Villanelle gives him back the money.
(c) Fight each other.
5. What does Villanelle´s philosopher friend wear as a crown?
(a) Rats tied together.
(b) Feathers woven together.
(c) Flowers tied together.
(d) Rags tied together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Villanelle and Henri escape the scene of the crime without oars?
2. Finish this sentence from Chapter 3: ¨This is a city of ________.¨
3. What does Henri say the peasants do for the czar as Napoleon´s army comes?
4. When Henri first reaches Venice, how long does he sleep for?
5. Why does Henri have a private room?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Henri asks Domino to desert with him, what does Domino write? What does Domino give Henri as he leaves?
2. What game does Villanelle say she entered with the Queen of Spades? What was the wager?
3. What are the terms of Villanelle's husband's will? How does this influence Henri's decision to confess?
4. When Henri thinks about taking Villanelle to France to live with him, what does he say he would always be afraid of? Why would he be afraid of this?
5. What does Henri find in the sixth room of the Queen's house? How complete is it? What is important about this?
6. Why is Napoleon´s army more demoralized as they reach Moscow? What happens to Henri at this point?
7. How does Villanelle know the cook? What connection does Henri finally make between him, Villanelle, and her fluency in French?
8. What does Henri do after he kills Villanelle's husband? What is Villanelle's reaction?
9. When Henri goes to steal food before he leaves, who does he find in the kitchen? What are they eating?
10. What do the Russian peasants call the czar? What do they do as the Napoleonic army arrives?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)