|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the days after the murder, what do Villanelle and Henri do?
(a) Run across the border.
(b) Whatever they please.
(d) Burn all the evidence.
2. How many days does it take for the authorities to catch up with Henri and Villanelle?
3. What does Henri say the peasants do for the czar as Napoleon´s army comes?
(a) Burn their own houses.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Fight from their homes.
(d) Kill each other.
4. What question does the Queen ask Villanelle during their last visit together?
(a) Why did you leave?
(b) Do you still love me?
(c) Where have you been?
(d) Will you stay?
5. What smell does Henri say that Bonaparte leaves behind?
(b) Bad breath.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won´t Henri leave when Villanelle tries to free him?
2. Why does Villanelle´s husband want to take her back?
3. When Henri goes out on his own in Venice, how long is he lost for?
4. Why does Henri say he followed Napoleon so wholeheartedly?
5. How is Henri wounded in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only time that Henri sees Villanelle's feet? What is Henri's reaction to her feet?
2. What does Villanelle tell Henri he must find in the Queen's house? How does Villanelle convince Henri to do this?
3. When Henri asks Domino to desert with him, what does Domino write? What does Domino give Henri as he leaves?
4. What is the name of the prosecuting attorney that Villanelle tries to bribe? Why won't he accept her money?
5. When Henri and Villanelle reach Venice, who do they stay with? How is Henri received?
6. At the end of the novel, what does Henri see in the boat with Villanelle? What does he wonder about this?
7. What do the Russian peasants call the czar? What do they do as the Napoleonic army arrives?
8. How long does Villanelle say she knew the Queen of Spades? How many nights did they have together?
9. When Villanelle visits the Queen in Chapter 4, what does she realize about their relationship? What is she afraid of while she visits? What does she do to protect herself?
10. What game does Villanelle say she entered with the Queen of Spades? What was the wager?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)