|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Villanelle and Henri pose as while they are travelling together?
(a) Brother and sister.
(c) Husband and wife.
(d) Niece and nephew.
2. Why does Villanelle´s husband want to take her back?
(a) She is valuable.
(b) She belongs to the French.
(c) She spat in his face.
(d) She can speak 5 languages.
3. What does Villanelle´s philosopher friend wear as a crown?
(a) Feathers woven together.
(b) Flowers tied together.
(c) Rats tied together.
(d) Rags tied together.
4. What does the Jewish man want to exchange with the woman he meets on the street?
5. What does Henri find out that Villanelle cannot do while they are in Venice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patrick say goes well with spirits when Henri asks him to desert?
2. How is Henri wounded in Chapter 3?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Henri say happens to Patrick?
4. Why does Henri have a private room?
5. What question does the Queen ask Villanelle during their last visit together?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Henri´s emotional state? What is Henri´s physical state?
2. When Henri and Villanelle reach Venice, who do they stay with? How is Henri received?
3. What is the name of the institution that Henri stays in? Why is he moved to a different room?
4. What happens to Patrick while he, Henri, and Villanelle are traveling? What does he talk about?
5. When Villanelle tries to break Henri out of the asylum, what is his reaction? Why does he react this way?
6. Why is Napoleon´s army more demoralized as they reach Moscow? What happens to Henri at this point?
7. What is the name of the prosecuting attorney that Villanelle tries to bribe? Why won't he accept her money?
8. What does Henri find in the sixth room of the Queen's house? How complete is it? What is important about this?
9. When Henri asks Domino to desert with him, what does Domino write? What does Domino give Henri as he leaves?
10. In the beginning of Chapter 4, who haunts Henri in his room? Why are his hands greasy? What does this person ask Henri?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)