|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henri say is worse than watching his comrades die?
(a) Watching Napoleon cry.
(b) Watching them live.
(c) Watching them cry.
(d) Watching them fight.
2. When Villanelle´s husband finds her, what do they do to settle the score?
(a) Play cards.
(c) Villanelle gives him back the money.
(d) Fight each other.
3. When Henri first reaches Venice, how long does he sleep for?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 1 week.
4. Who does Henri know Villanelle´s husband as?
(c) The cook.
5. Why won´t Henri leave when Villanelle tries to free him?
(a) He wants to get better.
(b) He doesn´t feel ready to leave.
(c) He can´t marry Villanelle.
(d) He is angry Villanelle bribed someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last line of the book?
2. In the days after the murder, what do Villanelle and Henri do?
3. How many days does it take for the authorities to catch up with Henri and Villanelle?
4. What does Henri say the peasants do for the czar as Napoleon´s army comes?
5. Why does Villanelle´s husband want to take her back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What game does Villanelle say she entered with the Queen of Spades? What was the wager?
2. When Villanelle's husband catches up with her, what do they do to settle the score? What happens to Villanelle?
3. When Henri goes to steal food before he leaves, who does he find in the kitchen? What are they eating?
4. When Villanelle visits the Queen in Chapter 4, what does she realize about their relationship? What is she afraid of while she visits? What does she do to protect herself?
5. Why does Villanelle decide to marry the meat man? What does she say they had in common?
6. What is the name of the institution that Henri stays in? Why is he moved to a different room?
7. When Henri asks Patrick to desert with him, what does Patrick say? What is Henri´s reaction to the state of his good friend?
8. When Henri thinks about taking Villanelle to France to live with him, what does he say he would always be afraid of? Why would he be afraid of this?
9. What does Henri find in the sixth room of the Queen's house? How complete is it? What is important about this?
10. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Henri´s emotional state? What is Henri´s physical state?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)