|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relation does Villanelle consider Henri?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her friend.
2. Why does Henri say he followed Napoleon so wholeheartedly?
(a) He loved him.
(b) He needed something to believe in.
(c) He loved Josephine.
(d) He was stupid and naive.
3. What does Patrick say goes well with spirits when Henri asks him to desert?
(a) Henri´s tears.
(c) Henri´s desperation.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 4, who does Henri say he hears in his room every night?
5. After Henri kills Villanelle´s husband, what does he do?
(a) Cuts out his heart.
(b) Tosses him into the river.
(c) Starts to cry.
(d) Cuts off his finger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What slips into the canal when Villanelle sees the Queen on her balcony?
2. What does Henri find out that Villanelle cannot do while they are in Venice?
3. How does the vivandiere say she was able to get the food she and Patrick are eating?
4. Who is set to inherit the cook´s money if Villanelle cannot?
5. What does Domino give Henri when Henri asks him to desert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Villanelle decide to marry the meat man? What does she say they had in common?
2. What is the only time that Henri sees Villanelle's feet? What is Henri's reaction to her feet?
3. How does Villanelle know the cook? What connection does Henri finally make between him, Villanelle, and her fluency in French?
4. What does Henri do after he kills Villanelle's husband? What is Villanelle's reaction?
5. Why is Napoleon´s army more demoralized as they reach Moscow? What happens to Henri at this point?
6. When Henri asks Patrick to desert with him, what does Patrick say? What is Henri´s reaction to the state of his good friend?
7. When Villanelle tries to break Henri out of the asylum, what is his reaction? Why does he react this way?
8. What is the name of the institution that Henri stays in? Why is he moved to a different room?
9. How many days does it take the authorities to catch up with Villanelle and Henri? What do they do in this time?
10. When Henri and Villanelle reach Venice, who do they stay with? How is Henri received?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)