|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What quest has the Queen´s husband gone on in Chapter 4?
(a) To find the Mona Lisa.
(b) To find the Holy Grail.
(c) To fight Napoleon.
(d) To find his long lost love.
2. Why does Villanelle decide to marry the meat man?
(b) To be closer to her enemy.
(d) To prevent going back to the casino.
3. What is Villanelle happy she is unable to collect before she leaves in Chapter 3?
(a) Her cards.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her wits.
4. What is the name of the church the Venetians go to on New Year´s Eve?
(a) St. Paul´s.
(b) St. John´s.
(c) St. Joseph´s.
(d) St. Mark´s.
5. What slips into the canal when Villanelle sees the Queen on her balcony?
(a) A rug.
(b) Her bag.
(c) A plant.
(d) Her oar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Villanelle´s parents serve them when Henri and Villanelle reach Venice?
2. Finish this sentence from Chapter 3: ¨Not all men are as fortunate as _________."
3. Where does Villanelle buy a house?
4. How many days is Villanelle gone for questioning?
5. What is the name of the prosecuting attorney in Henri´s case?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Henri the first time he ventures out into Venice? How long is he gone?
2. When Henri wakes up after 2 days of sleep in Venice, what does he do first? What does he pray will sink into the canal?
3. What does Villanelle use her inheritance to buy? What is unusual about this?
4. Why does Villanelle decide to marry the meat man? What does she say they had in common?
5. How does Villanelle know the cook? What connection does Henri finally make between him, Villanelle, and her fluency in French?
6. When Henri asks Patrick to desert with him, what does Patrick say? What is Henri´s reaction to the state of his good friend?
7. What is the name of the prosecuting attorney that Villanelle tries to bribe? Why won't he accept her money?
8. What are the terms of Villanelle's husband's will? How does this influence Henri's decision to confess?
9. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Henri´s emotional state? What is Henri´s physical state?
10. What do the Russian peasants call the czar? What do they do as the Napoleonic army arrives?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)