|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the sixth room of the Queen´s house?
(a) The Queen.
(d) A tapestry.
2. What do the peasants call the czar?
(b) ¨Little father¨.
(c) ¨Our Father¨.
(d) ¨Our Leader¨.
3. What sound is Villanelle supposed to make to warn Henri of danger while he is in the Queen´s house?
(a) A laugh.
(b) A cough.
(c) A scream.
(d) A seagull cry.
4. What is the name of the prosecuting attorney in Henri´s case?
5. Why does Villanelle´s husband want to take her back?
(a) She can speak 5 languages.
(b) She spat in his face.
(c) She belongs to the French.
(d) She is valuable.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does it take for the authorities to catch up with Henri and Villanelle?
2. What quest has the Queen´s husband gone on in Chapter 4?
3. After Henri kills Villanelle´s husband, what does he do?
4. What island is Napoleon sent to?
5. Who does Henri know Villanelle´s husband as?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Henri´s emotional state? What is Henri´s physical state?
2. When Henri wakes up after 2 days of sleep in Venice, what does he do first? What does he pray will sink into the canal?
3. When Henri asks Patrick to desert with him, what does Patrick say? What is Henri´s reaction to the state of his good friend?
4. When Villanelle visits the Queen in Chapter 4, what does she realize about their relationship? What is she afraid of while she visits? What does she do to protect herself?
5. What does Villanelle use her inheritance to buy? What is unusual about this?
6. When Henri thinks about taking Villanelle to France to live with him, what does he say he would always be afraid of? Why would he be afraid of this?
7. When Villanelle's husband catches up with her, what do they do to settle the score? What happens to Villanelle?
8. What happens to Patrick while he, Henri, and Villanelle are traveling? What does he talk about?
9. At the end of the novel, what does Henri see in the boat with Villanelle? What does he wonder about this?
10. What game does Villanelle say she entered with the Queen of Spades? What was the wager?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)