|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Villanelle calm herself?
(a) By taking deep breaths.
(b) By going for a walk.
(c) By singing a song.
(d) By rowing down the canal.
2. Who does Henri say he is going to kill when Louise asks him?
(a) The enemy.
(d) The English.
3. What did Henri´s mother want to be when she was young?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A man.
(c) A nun.
(d) A priest.
4. How long has Henri been gone when he returns home on leave?
(a) Six months.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
5. Who does Patrick say he saw in the woods?
(a) A giant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of 'The Passion'?
2. What is Henri's first commission?
3. What kind of champagne does the Queen of Spades order?
4. When Villanelle refuses to marry the rich man, what does he do to her?
5. On their second date, what does the Queen of Spades ask Villanelle to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Villanelle work? How does she dress there? Why does she dress this way?
2. What does Bonaparte do to Henri to show his approval when he hears about Henri and the cook? What does he say about Henri's idea?
3. What job does Henri originally want? Who prevents him from getting it?
4. How many hands tall is Napoleon's horse? Why could no stable boy last?
5. What does Henri serve Josephine when he first meets her? Why is Henri uncomfortable during this encounter?
6. What does Villanelle call Venice? If one gets lost, what does Villanelle say will not save you?
7. What does Villanelle tell the old homeless woman who she rows past? What does the woman tell Villanelle to beware?
8. In Part 1, what does Henri say the Blind peddler tells him about the Dark? What happens to this peddler?
9. What does the Queen of Spades leave for Villanelle at the gaming table? What is the item made out of?
10. In Henri's story about the man who thought himself an inventor, why did the man go to town for a few months, leaving his family? Who seemed to hold the man together?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)