Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henri say he is going to kill when Louise asks him?
(b) The English.
(d) The enemy.
2. What is the fog that descends over Venice called?
3. Why doesnÂ´t Villanelle want to work in the bakery?
(a) She hates bread.
(b) It is a man´s trade.
(c) She can´t bake.
(d) She doesn´t want big arms.
4. How does Villanelle calm herself?
(a) By rowing down the canal.
(b) By singing a song.
(c) By going for a walk.
(d) By taking deep breaths.
5. Why does Napoleon send Henri back to Boulogne?
(a) He is growing distrustful of Henri.
(b) He caught Henri looking at Josephine.
(c) Because he lacks a soldier´s training.
(d) He thinks the front line needs his ingenuity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Villanelle dress like a boy when she works at the casino?
2. What is the height limit for Napoleons' servants?
3. When Henri leaves his hometown, where is his regiment going?
4. When was 'The Passion' written?
5. At the end of their second date, what does Villanelle do as she leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the name of the institution that Henri stays in? Why is he moved to a different room?
2. What does Henri say the smell of porridge reminds him of? How did he feel during that time?
3. What does Villanelle tell Henri he must find in the Queen's house? How does Villanelle convince Henri to do this?
4. What does Villanelle call Venice? If one gets lost, what does Villanelle say will not save you?
5. What does Bonaparte do to Henri to show his approval when he hears about Henri and the cook? What does he say about Henri's idea?
6. When Villanelle visits the Queen in Chapter 4, what does she realize about their relationship? What is she afraid of while she visits? What does she do to protect herself?
7. According to legend, what does a boatsmenÂ´s wife do when she is pregnant? What is she supposed to wish for?
8. What does Henri do to the cook that impresses Bonaparte? Where did he get the idea?
9. What is a vivandiere? Why are they sent to the camps?
10. Why does Villanelle decide to marry the meat man? What does she say they had in common?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)