|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Villanelle leaves the Queen of Spades´house after their first date, what does she do?
(a) Walk on the canal.
(b) Go for a boat ride.
(c) Go back to work.
(d) Leave Venice.
2. When Henri returns to Napoleon after his leave, why are the Bonapartes spending so much money?
(a) It is Josephine´s birthday.
(b) To gear up for war.
(c) Josephine had her first child.
(d) For Napoleon´s coronation.
3. Who is the author of 'The Passion'?
(a) Jean Winters.
(b) Jeanette Peters.
(c) Jeanette Winterson.
(d) Jennifer Winterson.
4. Who helps Henri raise the cook up before Napoleon comes?
(a) A woman.
(c) The captain.
5. What mistake does Villanelle´s mother make when she goes to make her offering?
(a) She drops her sprig of marjoram.
(b) She drops her sprig of thyme.
(c) She drops her sprig of oregano.
(d) She drops her sprig of rosemary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henri contemplate about snowflakes?
2. Where does Patrick take Henri on New Year´s Eve?
3. Why doesn´t Patrick pray to the Virgin Mary?
4. What special talent does Patrick possess?
5. Where is Bonaparte´s Josephine from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How tall are Napoleon's servants? Why is this?
2. In Part 1, what does Henri say the Blind peddler tells him about the Dark? What happens to this peddler?
3. What does Henri say the smell of porridge reminds him of? How did he feel during that time?
4. What does Villanelle call Venice? If one gets lost, what does Villanelle say will not save you?
5. What does Villanelle tell the old homeless woman who she rows past? What does the woman tell Villanelle to beware?
6. Why did Henri's mother want to run away when she was young? How does Henri say his father won her over?
7. What is Villanelle´s stepfather´s reaction to her birth defect? How does Villanelle account for her stepfather´s reaction?
8. What happened to Villanelle´s mother when she was pregnant with Villanelle? What does she believe was the result of this?
9. According to legend, what does a boatsmen´s wife do when she is pregnant? What is she supposed to wish for?
10. According to the rumors, what do boatmen have? What are they not able to take off?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)