|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the cook serve Napoleon´s chicken in?
(a) A skull.
(b) A wooden bowl carved especially to fit chicken.
(c) A helmet.
(d) A silver platter.
2. When Villanelle is sitting at the restaurant on her day off, what does the waiter bring her?
(a) A ring.
(b) An earring.
3. At the end of their second date, what does Villanelle do as she leaves?
(a) Lets down her hair.
(b) Tells the Queen of Spades they can never see each other again.
(c) Lifts up her shirt and shows her breasts.
(d) Begins to cry.
4. Where is Henri´s friend Patrick from?
5. How many hands high was Napoleon's horse?
Short Answer Questions
1. On their second date, what does the Queen of Spades ask Villanelle to do?
2. Finish this sentence: "Christ lost consciousness at ______."
3. What is the height limit for Napoleons' servants?
4. Finish the sentence: ¨You play, you win. You play, you lose. _______."
5. What is Henri's first commission?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henri say the smell of porridge reminds him of? How did he feel during that time?
2. According to the rumors, what do boatmen have? What are they not able to take off?
3. After Villanelle´s first date with The Queen of Spades, what does she attempt to do? Who sees her?
4. What is the name of the main character? When do we first hear it?
5. What does the Queen of Spades order when Villanelle first meets her? What is Villanelle´s reaction to the Queen of Spades?
6. What does Patrick say the channels are full of? What danger lies in the channels?
7. What is a vivandiere? Why are they sent to the camps?
8. When the little village girl asks Henri who he will kill, what does he reply? How does he clarify this for her?
9. What does the Queen of Spades leave for Villanelle at the gaming table? What is the item made out of?
10. How tall are Napoleon's servants? Why is this?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)