|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Villanelle go to sit and drink when she doesn´t have work?
2. On their second date, what does the Queen of Spades ask Villanelle to do?
(a) Write her a poem.
(b) Introduce her to her family.
(c) Let her stroke her feet.
(d) Sing to her.
3. When Villanelle is sitting at the restaurant on her day off, what does the waiter bring her?
(b) An earring.
(c) A ring.
4. What does Villanelle say that God wants us to do?
(a) Challenge him.
(c) Be violent.
5. Who does Patrick say he saw in the woods?
(a) A giant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bonaparte´s Josephine from?
2. What is Henri's first commission?
3. Finish this sentence about Napoleon: ¨He is repulsive and _______ by turns.¨
4. On New Year´s Eve, what burns Henri´s tongue?
5. What does Villanelle do to the cards after the Queen of Spades leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the rumors, what do boatmen have? What are they not able to take off?
2. What does Henri say the smell of porridge reminds him of? How did he feel during that time?
3. What does Henri serve Josephine when he first meets her? Why is Henri uncomfortable during this encounter?
4. What makes Henri uncomfortable at church? What does he consider his stigmata?
5. According to legend, what does a boatsmen´s wife do when she is pregnant? What is she supposed to wish for?
6. Why did Henri's mother want to run away when she was young? How does Henri say his father won her over?
7. What special talent does Patrick possess? What job is he given by Bonaparte?
8. In Part 1, what does Henri say the Blind peddler tells him about the Dark? What happens to this peddler?
9. What job does Henri originally want? Who prevents him from getting it?
10. What is a vivandiere? Why are they sent to the camps?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)