|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Henri originally want when he joins the army?
(c) Flag raiser.
2. What is a vivandiere?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A trumpet player.
(c) A type of pastry.
(d) A dancer.
3. What does the homeless woman in Chapter 2 tell Villanelle to beware of?
4. What does Patrick steal for him and Henri to enjoy?
(b) A bottle of cognac.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A loaf of bread.
5. Finish this sentence: "Christ lost consciousness at ______."
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompts Villanelle to refuse the rich man who proposes to her?
2. What does Henri think about when he is in the brothel?
3. When Henri returns to Napoleon after his leave, why are the Bonapartes spending so much money?
4. What does the cook use to surround the chicken he serves Napoleon?
5. What is different about Henri´s friend Domino?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Henri's mother want to run away when she was young? How does Henri say his father won her over?
2. Why doesn´t Patrick pray to the Virgin Mary? Why does he think this?
3. According to the rumors, what do boatmen have? What are they not able to take off?
4. What does Villanelle tell the old homeless woman who she rows past? What does the woman tell Villanelle to beware?
5. What does Henri do to the cook that impresses Bonaparte? Where did he get the idea?
6. While Henri serves in Court, what does he see Josephine doing? How does this make him feel?
7. What does Henri say the smell of porridge reminds him of? How did he feel during that time?
8. What job does Henri originally want? Who prevents him from getting it?
9. What is a vivandiere? Why are they sent to the camps?
10. When the little village girl asks Henri who he will kill, what does he reply? How does he clarify this for her?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)