|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fog that descends over Venice called?
2. How does Villanelle calm herself?
(a) By taking deep breaths.
(b) By singing a song.
(c) By rowing down the canal.
(d) By going for a walk.
3. What does Patrick steal for him and Henri to enjoy?
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A bottle of cognac.
4. How does Henri feel about Josephine looking at him?
(a) That returning the look would be betraying Napoleon.
(b) He feels dirty.
(c) He feels it is a test of loyalty.
(d) He considers meeting her in private.
5. What does the cook serve Napoleon´s chicken in?
(a) A skull.
(b) A silver platter.
(c) A wooden bowl carved especially to fit chicken.
(d) A helmet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn´t Patrick pray to the Virgin Mary?
2. Where does Villanelle go to sit and drink when she doesn´t have work?
3. What mistake does Villanelle´s mother make when she goes to make her offering?
4. When Henri leaves his hometown, where is his regiment going?
5. On their second date, what does the Queen of Spades ask Villanelle to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Villanelle work? How does she dress there? Why does she dress this way?
2. What is the name of the main character? When do we first hear it?
3. What happened to Villanelle´s mother when she was pregnant with Villanelle? What does she believe was the result of this?
4. What special talent does Patrick possess? What job is he given by Bonaparte?
5. What does Villanelle call Venice? If one gets lost, what does Villanelle say will not save you?
6. When the little village girl asks Henri who he will kill, what does he reply? How does he clarify this for her?
7. What does the Queen of Spades order when Villanelle first meets her? What is Villanelle´s reaction to the Queen of Spades?
8. What does Henri say the smell of porridge reminds him of? How did he feel during that time?
9. According to legend, what does a boatsmen´s wife do when she is pregnant? What is she supposed to wish for?
10. Why doesn´t Patrick pray to the Virgin Mary? Why does he think this?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)