|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of champagne does the Queen of Spades order?
(a) Dom Perignon.
(c) Madame Cliquot.
2. Why is Henri unable to secure his first choice of job in the army?
(a) He is too old.
(b) He is not tall enough.
(c) He is not old enough.
(d) His hands are not strong enough.
3. What does the Queen of Spades leave for Villanelle at the gaming table?
(b) A necklace.
(c) An earring.
(d) Her address.
4. What does the narrator say Napoleon has a passion for?
(b) Short servants.
5. Why does Villanelle name her lover the Queen of Spades?
(a) The woman always played spades.
(b) She won with the Queen of Spades card.
(c) That is a term for royalty.
(d) The Queen of Spades represents love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Henry´s mother when she ran away from home?
2. What is Henri´s mother´s name?
3. What color are the Queen of Spades´eyes?
4. When Villanelle refuses to marry the rich man, what does he do to her?
5. Finish this sentence: "Christ lost consciousness at ______."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Queen of Spades leave for Villanelle at the gaming table? What is the item made out of?
2. What does Villanelle call Venice? If one gets lost, what does Villanelle say will not save you?
3. When the rich meat man asks Villanelle to marry him, what prompts her to refuse? How does he react?
4. What is the name of the main character? When do we first hear it?
5. How tall are Napoleon's servants? Why is this?
6. What does the waiter bring Villanelle while she is waiting for work? Who does she see soon after?
7. According to legend, what does a boatsmen´s wife do when she is pregnant? What is she supposed to wish for?
8. What special talent does Patrick possess? What job is he given by Bonaparte?
9. What does Henri do to the cook that impresses Bonaparte? Where did he get the idea?
10. After Villanelle´s first date with The Queen of Spades, what does she attempt to do? Who sees her?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)