|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Henri raise the cook up before Napoleon comes?
(b) A woman.
(d) The captain.
2. Finish this sentence: ¨St Paul said it is better to marry than to ______.¨
(c) Be alone.
3. What does Henri contemplate about snowflakes?
(a) Their delicate nature.
(b) How they are all white.
(c) That every snowflake is different.
(d) That they freeze in the sky.
4. At the end of their second date, what does Villanelle do as she leaves?
(a) Lets down her hair.
(b) Tells the Queen of Spades they can never see each other again.
(c) Begins to cry.
(d) Lifts up her shirt and shows her breasts.
5. Finish this sentence: "He kept small servants and _________."
(a) Tall wives.
(b) Large horses.
(c) Miniature ponies.
(d) A large ego.
Short Answer Questions
1. What test does the recruiting officer give Henri to determine his position in the army?
2. According to legend, what herb do boatsmen´s wives leave in the boat when they make their offerings?
3. Villanelle says that passion is somewhere between fear and what?
4. What does Patrick say happened to his boots?
5. When Villanelle leaves the Queen of Spades´house after their first date, what does she do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Villanelle´s mother when she was pregnant with Villanelle? What does she believe was the result of this?
2. What does Henri do to the cook that impresses Bonaparte? Where did he get the idea?
3. When the little village girl asks Henri who he will kill, what does he reply? How does he clarify this for her?
4. What does the waiter bring Villanelle while she is waiting for work? Who does she see soon after?
5. What special talent does Patrick possess? What job is he given by Bonaparte?
6. Why doesn´t Patrick pray to the Virgin Mary? Why does he think this?
7. What does Henri say the smell of porridge reminds him of? How did he feel during that time?
8. While Henri serves in Court, what does he see Josephine doing? How does this make him feel?
9. What does the Queen of Spades leave for Villanelle at the gaming table? What is the item made out of?
10. Where does Villanelle work? How does she dress there? Why does she dress this way?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)