|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Villanelle name her lover the Queen of Spades?
(a) She won with the Queen of Spades card.
(b) The Queen of Spades represents love.
(c) The woman always played spades.
(d) That is a term for royalty.
2. What did Henri´s mother want to be when she was young?
(a) A priest.
(b) A nun.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A man.
3. Why doesn´t Villanelle want to work in the bakery?
(a) She hates bread.
(b) She can´t bake.
(c) It is a man´s trade.
(d) She doesn´t want big arms.
4. How old was Henry´s mother when she ran away from home?
5. What test does the recruiting officer give Henri to determine his position in the army?
(a) Asks him to hold a pole steady in the palm of his hand.
(b) Asks him to pluck a chicken in under 2 minutes.
(c) Asks him to crack a walnut with one hand.
(d) Asks him the rules of dinner service.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Henri unable to secure his first choice of job in the army?
2. What does Villanelle say that God wants us to do?
3. Where is Bonaparte´s Josephine from?
4. What is different about Henri´s friend Domino?
5. What does Patrick say happened to his boots?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Patrick say the channels are full of? What danger lies in the channels?
2. Where does Villanelle work? How does she dress there? Why does she dress this way?
3. What does Henri do to the cook that impresses Bonaparte? Where did he get the idea?
4. When the little village girl asks Henri who he will kill, what does he reply? How does he clarify this for her?
5. What does Bonaparte do to Henri to show his approval when he hears about Henri and the cook? What does he say about Henri's idea?
6. What does the waiter bring Villanelle while she is waiting for work? Who does she see soon after?
7. What happened to Villanelle´s mother when she was pregnant with Villanelle? What does she believe was the result of this?
8. What is the name of the main character? When do we first hear it?
9. According to the rumors, what do boatmen have? What are they not able to take off?
10. After Villanelle´s first date with The Queen of Spades, what does she attempt to do? Who sees her?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)