|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman who kisses Henri on New Year´s Ever holding?
(a) A cross.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A baby.
(d) A bag of potatoes.
2. Who does Patrick say Henri should stick to praying to?
(c) Mary Magdalene.
3. What condition is the cook in when Napoleon first comes to their camp?
4. What special talent does Patrick possess?
(a) Incredible eyesight.
(b) Excellent marksman.
(c) An incredible sense of smell.
(d) A good palate.
5. What does Villanelle call Venice in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The city of darkness.
(b) The city of mazes.
(c) The city of water.
(d) The city that never sleeps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henri´s mother want to be when she was young?
2. What mistake does Villanelle´s mother make when she goes to make her offering?
3. On their second date, what does the Queen of Spades ask Villanelle to do?
4. What does Henri´s mother give him as he leaves to go to war?
5. When was 'The Passion' written?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Henri's story about the man who thought himself an inventor, why did the man go to town for a few months, leaving his family? Who seemed to hold the man together?
2. What does Bonaparte do to Henri to show his approval when he hears about Henri and the cook? What does he say about Henri's idea?
3. According to the rumors, what do boatmen have? What are they not able to take off?
4. How many hands tall is Napoleon's horse? Why could no stable boy last?
5. What does Henri say the smell of porridge reminds him of? How did he feel during that time?
6. What does Villanelle call Venice? If one gets lost, what does Villanelle say will not save you?
7. What happened to Villanelle´s mother when she was pregnant with Villanelle? What does she believe was the result of this?
8. What is the name of the main character? When do we first hear it?
9. What makes Henri uncomfortable at church? What does he consider his stigmata?
10. While Henri serves in Court, what does he see Josephine doing? How does this make him feel?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)