|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Henri returns to Napoleon after his leave, why are the Bonapartes spending so much money?
(a) To gear up for war.
(b) For Napoleon´s coronation.
(c) Josephine had her first child.
(d) It is Josephine´s birthday.
2. How does Villanelle calm herself?
(a) By rowing down the canal.
(b) By taking deep breaths.
(c) By singing a song.
(d) By going for a walk.
3. How old was Henry´s mother when she ran away from home?
4. When Villanelle refuses to marry the rich man, what does he do to her?
(a) Starts to cry.
(b) Threatens to kill her.
(c) Walks away.
(d) Hits her and then rapes her.
5. What is the quote that opens 'The Passion' taken from?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) The Tempest.
(d) Pride and Predjudice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Henri´s friend Patrick from?
2. What is Villanelle wearing on her second date with the Queen of Spades?
3. What does Villanelle say that God wants us to do?
4. Villanelle says that passion is somewhere between fear and what?
5. On their second date, what does the Queen of Spades ask Villanelle to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many hands tall is Napoleon's horse? Why could no stable boy last?
2. What does Villanelle call Venice? If one gets lost, what does Villanelle say will not save you?
3. What does the Queen of Spades leave for Villanelle at the gaming table? What is the item made out of?
4. What special talent does Patrick possess? What job is he given by Bonaparte?
5. How tall are Napoleon's servants? Why is this?
6. What does the waiter bring Villanelle while she is waiting for work? Who does she see soon after?
7. What is a vivandiere? Why are they sent to the camps?
8. What does Villanelle tell the old homeless woman who she rows past? What does the woman tell Villanelle to beware?
9. What job does Henri originally want? Who prevents him from getting it?
10. While Henri serves in Court, what does he see Josephine doing? How does this make him feel?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)