|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Villanelle calm herself?
(a) By rowing down the canal.
(b) By taking deep breaths.
(c) By singing a song.
(d) By going for a walk.
2. What does the Queen of Spades say her husband deals in?
(a) Water commerce.
(b) Stocks and bonds.
(c) Rare books.
(d) Gold trade.
3. When Villanelle is sitting at the restaurant on her day off, what does the waiter bring her?
(a) An earring.
(d) A ring.
4. Who does Henri say he is going to kill when Louise asks him?
(c) The English.
(d) The enemy.
5. How many hands high was Napoleon's horse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Villanelle says that passion is somewhere between fear and what?
2. What is Henri's first commission?
3. Why is Villanelle apprehensive about her first dinner date with the Queen of Spades?
4. Finish this sentence: "He kept small servants and _________."
5. According to legend, what herb do boatsmen´s wives leave in the boat when they make their offerings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Villanelle call Venice? If one gets lost, what does Villanelle say will not save you?
2. Where does Villanelle work? How does she dress there? Why does she dress this way?
3. What does the waiter bring Villanelle while she is waiting for work? Who does she see soon after?
4. While Henri serves in Court, what does he see Josephine doing? How does this make him feel?
5. Why doesn´t Patrick pray to the Virgin Mary? Why does he think this?
6. When the little village girl asks Henri who he will kill, what does he reply? How does he clarify this for her?
7. What special talent does Patrick possess? What job is he given by Bonaparte?
8. What job does Henri originally want? Who prevents him from getting it?
9. What does the Queen of Spades leave for Villanelle at the gaming table? What is the item made out of?
10. According to legend, what does a boatsmen´s wife do when she is pregnant? What is she supposed to wish for?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)