|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Henri raise the cook up before Napoleon comes?
(a) The captain.
(d) A woman.
2. What is the Queen of Spades´ reaction to Villanelle´s revelation as she leaves?
(a) She already knows.
(b) She vomits.
(c) She is shocked.
(d) She begins to laugh.
3. Finish this sentence: "He kept small servants and _________."
(a) Large horses.
(b) Miniature ponies.
(c) A large ego.
(d) Tall wives.
4. What does Henri think about when he is in the brothel?
(c) His father.
5. Who does Henri say he is going to kill when Louise asks him?
(c) The English.
(d) The enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of champagne does the Queen of Spades order?
2. How does Henri feel about Josephine looking at him?
3. What is the height limit for Napoleons' servants?
4. What does Patrick steal for him and Henri to enjoy?
5. Where does Villanelle go to sit and drink when she doesn´t have work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henri serve Josephine when he first meets her? Why is Henri uncomfortable during this encounter?
2. What does Villanelle tell the old homeless woman who she rows past? What does the woman tell Villanelle to beware?
3. What makes Henri uncomfortable at church? What does he consider his stigmata?
4. According to the rumors, what do boatmen have? What are they not able to take off?
5. In Henri's story about the man who thought himself an inventor, why did the man go to town for a few months, leaving his family? Who seemed to hold the man together?
6. When the rich meat man asks Villanelle to marry him, what prompts her to refuse? How does he react?
7. In Part 1, what does Henri say the Blind peddler tells him about the Dark? What happens to this peddler?
8. What special talent does Patrick possess? What job is he given by Bonaparte?
9. What does Patrick say the channels are full of? What danger lies in the channels?
10. What is a vivandiere? Why are they sent to the camps?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)