|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of champagne does the Queen of Spades order?
(a) Madame Cliquot.
(d) Dom Perignon.
2. What is Villanelle´s stepfather´s reaction to her webbed feet?
(a) "She still has woman parts."
(b) "She should keep her feet covered."
(c) "She can walk on water now."
(d) "There are stranger things."
3. Why does Villanelle name her lover the Queen of Spades?
(a) That is a term for royalty.
(b) She won with the Queen of Spades card.
(c) The woman always played spades.
(d) The Queen of Spades represents love.
4. What does the homeless woman in Chapter 2 tell Villanelle to beware of?
5. What does Henri´s mother give him as he leaves to go to war?
(a) A bible.
(b) A blessing.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does Villanelle´s mother make when she goes to make her offering?
2. What is Henri´s mother´s name?
3. Why doesn´t Patrick pray to the Virgin Mary?
4. At the end of their second date, what does Villanelle do as she leaves?
5. What condition is the cook in when Napoleon first comes to their camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a vivandiere? Why are they sent to the camps?
2. In Part 1, what does Henri say the Blind peddler tells him about the Dark? What happens to this peddler?
3. What is the name of the main character? When do we first hear it?
4. What does Henri do to the cook that impresses Bonaparte? Where did he get the idea?
5. According to legend, what does a boatsmen´s wife do when she is pregnant? What is she supposed to wish for?
6. What makes Henri uncomfortable at church? What does he consider his stigmata?
7. After Villanelle´s first date with The Queen of Spades, what does she attempt to do? Who sees her?
8. What does the waiter bring Villanelle while she is waiting for work? Who does she see soon after?
9. What does the Queen of Spades leave for Villanelle at the gaming table? What is the item made out of?
10. What is Villanelle´s stepfather´s reaction to her birth defect? How does Villanelle account for her stepfather´s reaction?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)