|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Patrick and the vivandiere eating when Henri comes to steal food for his departure?
2. What question does the Queen ask Villanelle during their last visit together?
(a) Where have you been?
(b) Why did you leave?
(c) Do you still love me?
(d) Will you stay?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 4, who does Henri say he hears in his room every night?
4. What is the name of the institution that Henri is sent to?
(a) San Servelo.
(b) San Franco.
(c) San Jose.
(d) San Pedro.
5. Finish this sentence from Chapter 3: ¨This is a city of ________.¨
6. Finish this sentence from Chapter 4: ¨Victors lose when they _______."
(a) Get lazy.
(b) Make a mistake.
(c) Are tired of winning.
(d) Run out of money.
7. Where is Henri´s company marching in the beginning of Chapter 3?
8. How does the vivandiere say she was able to get the food she and Patrick are eating?
(a) She stole them.
(b) In exchange for sex.
(c) She paid for them.
(d) She owns them.
9. What is the name of the church the Venetians go to on New Year´s Eve?
(a) St. Joseph´s.
(b) St. Mark´s.
(c) St. Paul´s.
(d) St. John´s.
10. FInish this sentence from Chapter 4: ¨We are a lukewarm people and our longing for freedom is our longing for ______."
11. Who does Henri know Villanelle´s husband as?
(b) The cook.
12. What does Henri find out that Villanelle cannot do while they are in Venice?
13. What do Villanelle´s parents want Henri to do?
(a) Learn to speak English.
(b) Go back to France.
(c) Ask Villanelle to marry him.
(d) Kill Napoleon.
14. What relation does Villanelle consider Henri?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her friend.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her lover.
15. What does Henri begin to have nightmares about?
(a) The cook strangling him.
(b) His mother going crazy.
(c) Napoleon dying.
(d) Villanelle getting hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flowers does Henri say his mother used to dry on their roof?
2. What does Villanelle´s philosopher friend wear as a crown?
3. What is the last line of the book?
4. In chapter 3, what is the name of the Jewish man that Villanelle tells the story about?
5. What does Henri promise to help Villanelle re-obtain while they are travelling?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)