|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Henri kills Villanelle´s husband, what does he do?
(a) Cuts off his finger.
(b) Cuts out his heart.
(c) Starts to cry.
(d) Tosses him into the river.
2. When Henri goes out on his own in Venice, how long is he lost for?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 5 months.
(d) One week,
3. What does Henri say is worse than watching his comrades die?
(a) Watching Napoleon cry.
(b) Watching them live.
(c) Watching them fight.
(d) Watching them cry.
4. FInish this sentence from Chapter 4: ¨We are a lukewarm people and our longing for freedom is our longing for ______."
5. Which of these voices does NOT haunt Henri?
(c) His father.
(d) The cook.
6. How does Villanelle wear her hair when she is on the canal?
(a) Always down.
(c) In a hat.
(d) In a bun.
7. What does Patrick talk about while he is sick?
(a) Killing Napoleon.
(b) Going back to Ireland.
(c) Killing himself.
(d) Going to hell.
8. How many days does it take for the authorities to catch up with Henri and Villanelle?
9. What does Villanelle teach Henri to do while they are in Venice?
(a) Speak the language.
(b) Use a map.
(c) Play cards.
10. What is Patrick´s response when Henri asks him to desert with him?
(a) Henri doesn´t have booze and Bonaparte does.
(b) He cannot answer because he is drunk.
(c) Henri is a fool.
(d) He will certainly die if he tries to run.
11. What is in the sixth room of the Queen´s house?
(b) The Queen.
(c) A tapestry.
12. What is the name of the prosecuting attorney in Henri´s case?
13. Where is Henri at the start of Chapter 4?
(a) In a museum.
(b) In Villanelle´s house.
(c) In an asylum.
(d) On the canal.
14. What flowers does Henri say his mother used to dry on their roof?
15. Why does Villanelle´s husband want to take her back?
(a) She belongs to the French.
(b) She can speak 5 languages.
(c) She spat in his face.
(d) She is valuable.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Villanelle´s husband finds her, what do they do to settle the score?
2. What do the peasants call the czar?
3. What does Patrick say goes well with spirits when Henri asks him to desert?
4. What is Villanelle happy she is unable to collect before she leaves in Chapter 3?
5. Finish this sentence from Chapter 3: ¨This is a city of ________.¨
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)