|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish this sentence from Chapter 4: ¨Victors lose when they _______."
(a) Get lazy.
(b) Are tired of winning.
(c) Run out of money.
(d) Make a mistake.
2. What does Henri find out that Villanelle cannot do while they are in Venice?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Henri say happens to Patrick?
(a) He tries to commit suicide.
(b) He wants to die.
(c) He is an alcoholic.
(d) He is a gambler.
4. What do Villanelle and Henri pose as while they are travelling together?
(a) Husband and wife.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Niece and nephew.
5. In chapter 3, what is the name of the Jewish man that Villanelle tells the story about?
6. FInish this sentence from Chapter 4: ¨Passion does not take ______ well¨.
7. What is the jar that Henri finds in the Queen´s house wrapped in?
(a) A towel.
(b) A scarf.
(c) Villanelle´s uniform.
(d) A dress.
8. After Henri kills Villanelle´s husband, what does he do?
(a) Cuts out his heart.
(b) Cuts off his finger.
(c) Tosses him into the river.
(d) Starts to cry.
9. How is Domino injured in Chapter 3?
(a) He has lost an eye.
(b) He has gone crazy.
(c) Part of his face is blown away.
(d) He is crippled.
10. What does Henri say the peasants do for the czar as Napoleon´s army comes?
(a) Kill each other.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Burn their own houses.
(d) Fight from their homes.
11. In the days after the murder, what do Villanelle and Henri do?
(a) Whatever they please.
(c) Burn all the evidence.
(d) Run across the border.
12. Why won´t Henri leave when Villanelle tries to free him?
(a) He wants to get better.
(b) He is angry Villanelle bribed someone.
(c) He can´t marry Villanelle.
(d) He doesn´t feel ready to leave.
13. What flowers does Henri say his mother used to dry on their roof?
14. When Henri sees his daughter in the boat with Villanelle, what does he wonder?
(a) Whether he will ever see her.
(b) Where she got her red hair.
(c) What her feet are like.
(d) Whether it is his kid.
15. What is Villanelle happy she is unable to collect before she leaves in Chapter 3?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her cards.
(c) Her wits.
(d) Her heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Queen of Spades like to cook for Villanelle?
2. What is Patrick and the vivandiere eating when Henri comes to steal food for his departure?
3. How is Henri wounded in Chapter 3?
4. What do Villanelle, Henri, and Patrick pose as while they are deserting?
5. When Henri wakes in Venice, what do Villanelle´s parents say he should do to blend in?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)