|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Domino injured in Chapter 3?
(a) He has lost an eye.
(b) He is crippled.
(c) He has gone crazy.
(d) Part of his face is blown away.
2. How do Villanelle and Henri escape the scene of the crime without oars?
(a) They jump across the canal.
(b) Villanelle swims and drags the boat.
(c) They swim.
(d) Villanelle walks on the canal and pulls the boat.
3. What does Henri promise to help Villanelle re-obtain while they are travelling?
(a) Her soul.
(b) Her mind.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her heart.
4. Where is Henri´s company marching in the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. What is the last line of the book?
(a) I´m telling you stories. Trust me.
(b) Passion is dead.
(c) I wonder what her feet look like.
(d) I´ll never see her again.
6. What does Henri kill Villanelle´s husband with?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) His bare hands.
(d) A rope.
7. How has the Queen changed since Villanelle last saw her.
(a) She has grey hair.
(b) She is in a wheelchair.
(c) She is extremely thin.
(d) She has gained weight.
8. What does Henri say is worse than watching his comrades die?
(a) Watching them cry.
(b) Watching them live.
(c) Watching Napoleon cry.
(d) Watching them fight.
9. How many days does Villanelle spend with the Queen of Spades in Chapter 3?
10. What does Henri begin to have nightmares about?
(a) Villanelle getting hurt.
(b) His mother going crazy.
(c) The cook strangling him.
(d) Napoleon dying.
11. What does Villanelle´s husband do after she loses to him?
(a) Walks away from her.
(b) Throws her in the canal.
(c) Sells her to the French.
(d) Beats her.
12. What is the name of the church the Venetians go to on New Year´s Eve?
(a) St. John´s.
(b) St. Joseph´s.
(c) St. Paul´s.
(d) St. Mark´s.
13. In the days after the murder, what do Villanelle and Henri do?
(b) Run across the border.
(c) Whatever they please.
(d) Burn all the evidence.
14. Who does Henri know Villanelle´s husband as?
(d) The cook.
15. Why does Henri confess to the murder?
(a) Because he believes in the truth.
(b) To live comfortably.
(c) To get away from Villanelle.
(d) To protect Villanelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does Villanelle say Henri served in the war?
2. Why does Henri have a private room?
3. What sound is Villanelle supposed to make to warn Henri of danger while he is in the Queen´s house?
4. Why won´t the prosecuting attorney be bribed?
5. Finish this sentence from Chapter 3: ¨This is a city of ________.¨
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)