|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the vivandiere tell Henri the Russians hide under?
(b) The czar.
2. What does Villanelle´s mother often exclaim while throwing her palms up?
3. What does Henri say is worse than watching his comrades die?
(a) Watching them cry.
(b) Watching them fight.
(c) Watching Napoleon cry.
(d) Watching them live.
4. What flowers does Henri say his mother used to dry on their roof?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Henri say happens to Patrick?
(a) He is a gambler.
(b) He wants to die.
(c) He tries to commit suicide.
(d) He is an alcoholic.
6. Why does Villanelle tell Henri that a map won´t help him?
(a) Because Henri can´t read a map.
(b) Because maps often lie.
(c) Because they don´t make maps of Venice.
(d) Because it is a living city.
7. Why does Henri confess to the murder?
(a) Because he believes in the truth.
(b) To protect Villanelle.
(c) To live comfortably.
(d) To get away from Villanelle.
8. How do Villanelle and Henri escape the scene of the crime without oars?
(a) Villanelle swims and drags the boat.
(b) They swim.
(c) They jump across the canal.
(d) Villanelle walks on the canal and pulls the boat.
9. In the beginning of Chapter 4, who does Henri say he hears in his room every night?
10. What is the name of the prosecuting attorney in Henri´s case?
11. Why won´t Henri leave when Villanelle tries to free him?
(a) He doesn´t feel ready to leave.
(b) He can´t marry Villanelle.
(c) He is angry Villanelle bribed someone.
(d) He wants to get better.
12. What do Villanelle, Henri, and Patrick pose as while they are deserting?
13. Why does Villanelle´s husband want to take her back?
(a) She can speak 5 languages.
(b) She spat in his face.
(c) She belongs to the French.
(d) She is valuable.
14. What is the last line of the book?
(a) I´m telling you stories. Trust me.
(b) I wonder what her feet look like.
(c) I´ll never see her again.
(d) Passion is dead.
15. Why does Henri say he followed Napoleon so wholeheartedly?
(a) He was stupid and naive.
(b) He loved Josephine.
(c) He loved him.
(d) He needed something to believe in.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has the Queen changed since Villanelle last saw her.
2. Finish this sentence from Chapter 3: ¨This is a city of ________.¨
3. How is Henri wounded in Chapter 3?
4. How many days does it take for the authorities to catch up with Henri and Villanelle?
5. In the days after the murder, what do Villanelle and Henri do?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)