|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Henri wounded?
2. What smell does Henri say that Bonaparte leaves behind?
(d) Bad breath.
3. Why does Henri confess to the murder?
(a) To protect Villanelle.
(b) To get away from Villanelle.
(c) Because he believes in the truth.
(d) To live comfortably.
4. What sound is Villanelle supposed to make to warn Henri of danger while he is in the Queen´s house?
(a) A cough.
(b) A scream.
(c) A seagull cry.
(d) A laugh.
5. What does Villanelle´s husband do after she loses to him?
(a) Walks away from her.
(b) Sells her to the French.
(c) Throws her in the canal.
(d) Beats her.
6. Where does Villanelle buy a house?
(a) In France.
(b) In Moscow.
(c) Across from the Queen.
(d) Next to her parents.
7. What does Villanelle´s philosopher friend wear as a crown?
(a) Rats tied together.
(b) Feathers woven together.
(c) Rags tied together.
(d) Flowers tied together.
8. How does Villanelle lose to her husband when he finds her?
(a) Her gun misfires.
(b) He overpowers her.
(c) He doesn´t want money.
(d) The pack is fixed.
9. When Villanelle´s husband finds her, what do they do to settle the score?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Fight each other.
(d) Villanelle gives him back the money.
10. What is the name of the institution that Henri is sent to?
(a) San Jose.
(b) San Pedro.
(c) San Franco.
(d) San Servelo.
11. How does the vivandiere say she was able to get the food she and Patrick are eating?
(a) She stole them.
(b) In exchange for sex.
(c) She owns them.
(d) She paid for them.
12. Why does Villanelle tell Henri that a map won´t help him?
(a) Because they don´t make maps of Venice.
(b) Because maps often lie.
(c) Because it is a living city.
(d) Because Henri can´t read a map.
13. When Henri wakes in Venice, what do Villanelle´s parents say he should do to blend in?
(a) Learn German.
(b) Shave his beard.
(c) Grow a beard.
(d) Become a boatsman.
14. What does Henri promise to help Villanelle re-obtain while they are travelling?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her mind.
(c) Her soul.
(d) Her money.
15. What does the Queen of Spades like to cook for Villanelle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What island is Napoleon sent to?
2. FInish this sentence from Chapter 4: ¨Passion does not take ______ well¨.
3. What is the jar that Henri finds in the Queen´s house wrapped in?
4. What is the name of the prosecuting attorney in Henri´s case?
5. What flowers does Henri say his mother used to dry on their roof?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)