|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Villanelle lose to her husband when he finds her?
(a) The pack is fixed.
(b) Her gun misfires.
(c) He overpowers her.
(d) He doesn´t want money.
2. When Henri goes out on his own in Venice, how long is he lost for?
(a) One week,
(b) 3 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 5 months.
3. In chapter 3, what is the name of the Jewish man that Villanelle tells the story about?
4. Which of these voices does NOT haunt Henri?
(a) The cook.
(d) His father.
5. How is Domino injured in Chapter 3?
(a) Part of his face is blown away.
(b) He has lost an eye.
(c) He is crippled.
(d) He has gone crazy.
6. What word does Domino write in the snow when Henri asks him to desert?
7. What does Henri promise to help Villanelle re-obtain while they are travelling?
(a) Her soul.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her mind.
8. What do Villanelle and Henri pose as while they are travelling together?
(a) Niece and nephew.
(c) Husband and wife.
(d) Brother and sister.
9. After Henri kills Villanelle´s husband, what does he do?
(a) Tosses him into the river.
(b) Cuts out his heart.
(c) Starts to cry.
(d) Cuts off his finger.
10. What does Villanelle´s mother often exclaim while throwing her palms up?
11. Where is Henri at the start of Chapter 4?
(a) In Villanelle´s house.
(b) In a museum.
(c) In an asylum.
(d) On the canal.
12. What do Villanelle, Henri, and Patrick pose as while they are deserting?
13. When Henri and Villanelle go to the casino, what does Villanelle say is upstairs?
(a) The manager´s office.
(b) The safe.
(c) A whipping room.
(d) The gambler´s club.
14. FInish this sentence from Chapter 4: ¨Passion does not take ______ well¨.
15. What project does Henri begin to take up towards the end of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What smell does Henri say that Bonaparte leaves behind?
2. What is the name of the institution that Henri is sent to?
3. When Henri first reaches Venice, how long does he sleep for?
4. Who is set to inherit the cook´s money if Villanelle cannot?
5. How many days is Villanelle gone for questioning?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)