|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Villanelle, Henri, and Patrick pose as while they are deserting?
2. What does the Jewish man want to exchange with the woman he meets on the street?
3. What sound is Villanelle supposed to make to warn Henri of danger while he is in the Queen´s house?
(a) A laugh.
(b) A seagull cry.
(c) A scream.
(d) A cough.
4. FInish this sentence from Chapter 4: ¨We are a lukewarm people and our longing for freedom is our longing for ______."
5. Where is Henri wounded?
6. What island is Napoleon sent to?
7. What does Villanelle´s mother often exclaim while throwing her palms up?
8. What does Henri find out that Villanelle cannot do while they are in Venice?
9. How is Domino injured in Chapter 3?
(a) He is crippled.
(b) Part of his face is blown away.
(c) He has gone crazy.
(d) He has lost an eye.
10. In chapter 3, what is the name of the Jewish man that Villanelle tells the story about?
11. After Henri kills Villanelle´s husband, what does he do?
(a) Tosses him into the river.
(b) Cuts off his finger.
(c) Starts to cry.
(d) Cuts out his heart.
12. What is the name of the church the Venetians go to on New Year´s Eve?
(a) St. Paul´s.
(b) St. Joseph´s.
(c) St. Mark´s.
(d) St. John´s.
13. What question does the Queen ask Villanelle during their last visit together?
(a) Do you still love me?
(b) Will you stay?
(c) Why did you leave?
(d) Where have you been?
14. In the beginning of Chapter 4, who does Henri say he hears in his room every night?
15. What does the Queen of Spades like to cook for Villanelle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What relation does Villanelle consider Henri?
2. What does Domino give Henri when Henri asks him to desert?
3. How long has the group been travelling when Patrick begins to behave oddly?
4. How many days is Villanelle gone for questioning?
5. What does Patrick talk about while he is sick?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)