|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Henri´s company marching in the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. What does Henri begin to have nightmares about?
(a) The cook strangling him.
(b) Napoleon dying.
(c) Villanelle getting hurt.
(d) His mother going crazy.
3. Why won´t the prosecuting attorney be bribed?
(a) He was a friend of the cook.
(b) He is a just man.
(c) He is too rich.
(d) He doesn´t believe in money.
4. What is the jar that Henri finds in the Queen´s house wrapped in?
(a) A towel.
(b) A dress.
(c) A scarf.
(d) Villanelle´s uniform.
5. Where is Henri wounded?
6. Finish this sentence from Chapter 3: ¨Not all men are as fortunate as _________."
7. Which of these voices does NOT haunt Henri?
(a) His father.
(d) The cook.
8. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Henri say happens to Patrick?
(a) He is a gambler.
(b) He wants to die.
(c) He tries to commit suicide.
(d) He is an alcoholic.
9. What is Patrick´s response when Henri asks him to desert with him?
(a) He cannot answer because he is drunk.
(b) He will certainly die if he tries to run.
(c) Henri doesn´t have booze and Bonaparte does.
(d) Henri is a fool.
10. How many languages does Villanelle learn how to speak in the years after she runs away from her husband?
11. Where does Villanelle buy a house?
(a) In Moscow.
(b) Next to her parents.
(c) Across from the Queen.
(d) In France.
12. How do Villanelle and Henri escape the scene of the crime without oars?
(a) They jump across the canal.
(b) Villanelle swims and drags the boat.
(c) They swim.
(d) Villanelle walks on the canal and pulls the boat.
13. What is in the sixth room of the Queen´s house?
(a) A tapestry.
(c) The Queen.
14. Why does Villanelle´s husband want to take her back?
(a) She spat in his face.
(b) She is valuable.
(c) She belongs to the French.
(d) She can speak 5 languages.
15. Why does Henri say he followed Napoleon so wholeheartedly?
(a) He loved Josephine.
(b) He needed something to believe in.
(c) He loved him.
(d) He was stupid and naive.
Short Answer Questions
1. FInish this sentence from Chapter 4: ¨Passion does not take ______ well¨.
2. Where is Henri at the start of Chapter 4?
3. When Villanelle´s husband finds her, what do they do to settle the score?
4. After Henri kills Villanelle´s husband, what does he do?
5. What does Villanelle teach Henri to do while they are in Venice?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)