|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relation does Villanelle consider Henri?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her friend.
2. What is Villanelle happy she is unable to collect before she leaves in Chapter 3?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her wits.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her cards.
3. How does the vivandiere say she was able to get the food she and Patrick are eating?
(a) She paid for them.
(b) In exchange for sex.
(c) She owns them.
(d) She stole them.
4. Why does Villanelle´s husband want to take her back?
(a) She spat in his face.
(b) She is valuable.
(c) She belongs to the French.
(d) She can speak 5 languages.
5. What does Villanelle´s husband do after she loses to him?
(a) Throws her in the canal.
(b) Sells her to the French.
(c) Walks away from her.
(d) Beats her.
6. What question does the Queen ask Villanelle during their last visit together?
(a) Will you stay?
(b) Why did you leave?
(c) Do you still love me?
(d) Where have you been?
7. In the beginning of Chapter 4, who does Henri say he hears in his room every night?
8. What does Henri say about Villanelle if they were to marry?
(a) She would never be faithful.
(b) She would run away.
(c) She would be wonderful.
(d) She wouldn´t have children.
9. What is the jar that Henri finds in the Queen´s house wrapped in?
(a) Villanelle´s uniform.
(b) A dress.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A towel.
10. What does Henri say is worse than watching his comrades die?
(a) Watching them live.
(b) Watching them fight.
(c) Watching them cry.
(d) Watching Napoleon cry.
11. When Villanelle sees the Queen on her balcony, how many years has it been since she last saw her?
12. What does Patrick say goes well with spirits when Henri asks him to desert?
(c) Henri´s desperation.
(d) Henri´s tears.
13. Finish this sentence from Chapter 3: ¨This is a city of ________.¨
14. What is Villanelle´s reaction when Henri kills her husband?
(a) She screams.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She cries.
(d) She shows no emotion.
15. What project does Henri begin to take up towards the end of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. FInish this sentence from Chapter 4: ¨Passion does not take ______ well¨.
2. How is Henri wounded in Chapter 3?
3. How does Villanelle wear her hair when she is on the canal?
4. What does Henri promise to help Villanelle re-obtain while they are travelling?
5. What does the Queen of Spades like to cook for Villanelle?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)