|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Domino write in the snow when Henri asks him to desert?
2. What does Henri say is worse than watching his comrades die?
(a) Watching Napoleon cry.
(b) Watching them fight.
(c) Watching them live.
(d) Watching them cry.
3. How does the vivandiere say she was able to get the food she and Patrick are eating?
(a) She stole them.
(b) She owns them.
(c) She paid for them.
(d) In exchange for sex.
4. What is Villanelle happy she is unable to collect before she leaves in Chapter 3?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her money.
(c) Her cards.
(d) Her wits.
5. What project does Henri begin to take up towards the end of the novel?
6. What smell does Henri say that Bonaparte leaves behind?
(a) Bad breath.
7. What slips into the canal when Villanelle sees the Queen on her balcony?
(a) Her oar.
(b) A plant.
(c) A rug.
(d) Her bag.
8. What does Villanelle´s husband do after she loses to him?
(a) Sells her to the French.
(b) Walks away from her.
(c) Beats her.
(d) Throws her in the canal.
9. When Henri goes out on his own in Venice, how long is he lost for?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 5 months.
(d) One week,
10. How long has the group been travelling when Patrick begins to behave oddly?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two months.
11. How many years does Villanelle say Henri served in the war?
12. How long does Villanelle travel with her husband before she leaves him?
(a) Two years.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Four years.
13. Finish this sentence from Chapter 3: ¨Not all men are as fortunate as _________."
14. What is the last line of the book?
(a) I wonder what her feet look like.
(b) I´ll never see her again.
(c) I´m telling you stories. Trust me.
(d) Passion is dead.
15. When Villanelle sees the Queen on her balcony, how many years has it been since she last saw her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the sixth room of the Queen´s house?
2. Why does Villanelle decide to marry the meat man?
3. Why won´t the prosecuting attorney be bribed?
4. In what year does Henri first see Venice?
5. How many days is Villanelle gone for questioning?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)