|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the peasants call the czar?
(a) ¨Little father¨.
(b) ¨Our Father¨.
(d) ¨Our Leader¨.
2. What does Villanelle´s husband do after she loses to him?
(a) Walks away from her.
(b) Throws her in the canal.
(c) Beats her.
(d) Sells her to the French.
3. When Henri and Villanelle go to the casino, what does Villanelle say is upstairs?
(a) The gambler´s club.
(b) The manager´s office.
(c) The safe.
(d) A whipping room.
4. What do Villanelle and Henri pose as while they are travelling together?
(b) Husband and wife.
(c) Niece and nephew.
(d) Brother and sister.
5. How is Henri wounded in Chapter 3?
(a) He is kicked by a horse.
(b) He loses an eye.
(c) He loses a leg.
(d) He is burned badly.
6. What is the name of the church the Venetians go to on New Year´s Eve?
(a) St. Paul´s.
(b) St. John´s.
(c) St. Joseph´s.
(d) St. Mark´s.
7. How does the vivandiere say she was able to get the food she and Patrick are eating?
(a) She stole them.
(b) In exchange for sex.
(c) She owns them.
(d) She paid for them.
8. How many days does Villanelle spend with the Queen of Spades in Chapter 3?
9. What flowers does Henri say his mother used to dry on their roof?
10. Why does Villanelle tell Henri that a map won´t help him?
(a) Because they don´t make maps of Venice.
(b) Because Henri can´t read a map.
(c) Because it is a living city.
(d) Because maps often lie.
11. When Henri goes out on his own in Venice, how long is he lost for?
(a) One week,
(b) 5 months.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 5 days.
12. What does Villanelle´s mother often exclaim while throwing her palms up?
13. How do Villanelle and Henri escape the scene of the crime without oars?
(a) Villanelle walks on the canal and pulls the boat.
(b) They jump across the canal.
(c) They swim.
(d) Villanelle swims and drags the boat.
14. Which of these voices does NOT haunt Henri?
(c) The cook.
(d) His father.
15. What does Henri say about Villanelle if they were to marry?
(a) She wouldn´t have children.
(b) She would be wonderful.
(c) She would run away.
(d) She would never be faithful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish this sentence from Chapter 3: ¨This is a city of ________.¨
2. In the days after the murder, what do Villanelle and Henri do?
3. What project does Henri begin to take up towards the end of the novel?
4. In what year does Henri first see Venice?
5. What island is Napoleon sent to?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)