|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Villanelle and Henri escape the scene of the crime without oars?
(a) Villanelle walks on the canal and pulls the boat.
(b) Villanelle swims and drags the boat.
(c) They swim.
(d) They jump across the canal.
2. What is Villanelle happy she is unable to collect before she leaves in Chapter 3?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her wits.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her cards.
3. What island is Napoleon sent to?
4. What does Domino give Henri when Henri asks him to desert?
(b) A letter.
(c) His necklace.
5. What flowers does Henri say his mother used to dry on their roof?
6. Finish this sentence from Chapter 3: ¨This is a city of ________.¨
7. Why does Henri say he followed Napoleon so wholeheartedly?
(a) He loved him.
(b) He loved Josephine.
(c) He needed something to believe in.
(d) He was stupid and naive.
8. How many days is Villanelle gone for questioning?
9. Where does Villanelle buy a house?
(a) Next to her parents.
(b) Across from the Queen.
(c) In Moscow.
(d) In France.
10. Why does Villanelle tell Henri that a map won´t help him?
(a) Because it is a living city.
(b) Because Henri can´t read a map.
(c) Because they don´t make maps of Venice.
(d) Because maps often lie.
11. In the days after the murder, what do Villanelle and Henri do?
(a) Burn all the evidence.
(b) Whatever they please.
(d) Run across the border.
12. How is Domino injured in Chapter 3?
(a) He has lost an eye.
(b) Part of his face is blown away.
(c) He is crippled.
(d) He has gone crazy.
13. What quest has the Queen´s husband gone on in Chapter 4?
(a) To fight Napoleon.
(b) To find the Holy Grail.
(c) To find his long lost love.
(d) To find the Mona Lisa.
14. When Henri wakes in Venice, what do Villanelle´s parents say he should do to blend in?
(a) Grow a beard.
(b) Learn German.
(c) Shave his beard.
(d) Become a boatsman.
15. What do Villanelle, Henri, and Patrick pose as while they are deserting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What project does Henri begin to take up towards the end of the novel?
2. What does Patrick say goes well with spirits when Henri asks him to desert?
3. What is the jar that Henri finds in the Queen´s house wrapped in?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 4, who does Henri say he hears in his room every night?
5. What is Patrick´s response when Henri asks him to desert with him?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)