|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relation does Villanelle consider Henri?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her lover.
2. What does Villanelle teach Henri to do while they are in Venice?
(b) Play cards.
(c) Use a map.
(d) Speak the language.
3. What is the last line of the book?
(a) I wonder what her feet look like.
(b) I´m telling you stories. Trust me.
(c) I´ll never see her again.
(d) Passion is dead.
4. Why does Henri have a private room?
(a) He is violent.
(b) He upset the others.
(c) He and Villanelle broke up.
(d) He needs to be alone.
5. What flowers does Henri say his mother used to dry on their roof?
6. What slips into the canal when Villanelle sees the Queen on her balcony?
(a) A plant.
(b) Her oar.
(c) A rug.
(d) Her bag.
7. What is Patrick´s response when Henri asks him to desert with him?
(a) Henri is a fool.
(b) Henri doesn´t have booze and Bonaparte does.
(c) He will certainly die if he tries to run.
(d) He cannot answer because he is drunk.
8. How is Domino injured in Chapter 3?
(a) He has gone crazy.
(b) He is crippled.
(c) He has lost an eye.
(d) Part of his face is blown away.
9. Why does Villanelle tell Henri that a map won´t help him?
(a) Because maps often lie.
(b) Because it is a living city.
(c) Because they don´t make maps of Venice.
(d) Because Henri can´t read a map.
10. What sound is Villanelle supposed to make to warn Henri of danger while he is in the Queen´s house?
(a) A cough.
(b) A scream.
(c) A laugh.
(d) A seagull cry.
11. Who does Henri know Villanelle´s husband as?
(c) The cook.
12. What does Henri promise to help Villanelle re-obtain while they are travelling?
(a) Her soul.
(b) Her money.
(c) Her mind.
(d) Her heart.
13. What smell does Henri say that Bonaparte leaves behind?
(b) Bad breath.
14. When Henri and Villanelle go to the casino, what does Villanelle say is upstairs?
(a) The safe.
(b) The manager´s office.
(c) A whipping room.
(d) The gambler´s club.
15. Where is Henri´s company marching in the beginning of Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. FInish this sentence from Chapter 4: ¨We are a lukewarm people and our longing for freedom is our longing for ______."
2. In the days after the murder, what do Villanelle and Henri do?
3. What is the jar that Henri finds in the Queen´s house wrapped in?
4. What does Henri kill Villanelle´s husband with?
5. How many languages does Villanelle learn how to speak in the years after she runs away from her husband?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)