|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many languages does Villanelle learn how to speak in the years after she runs away from her husband?
2. After Henri kills Villanelle´s husband, what does he do?
(a) Cuts out his heart.
(b) Tosses him into the river.
(c) Cuts off his finger.
(d) Starts to cry.
3. Where does Villanelle buy a house?
(a) In France.
(b) Across from the Queen.
(c) Next to her parents.
(d) In Moscow.
4. When Villanelle´s husband finds her, what do they do to settle the score?
(a) Villanelle gives him back the money.
(c) Fight each other.
(d) Play cards.
5. How is Henri wounded in Chapter 3?
(a) He loses an eye.
(b) He loses a leg.
(c) He is burned badly.
(d) He is kicked by a horse.
6. What does Villanelle´s mother often exclaim while throwing her palms up?
7. Where is Henri´s company marching in the beginning of Chapter 3?
8. What word does Domino write in the snow when Henri asks him to desert?
9. How has the Queen changed since Villanelle last saw her.
(a) She has gained weight.
(b) She is extremely thin.
(c) She is in a wheelchair.
(d) She has grey hair.
10. What do Villanelle and Henri pose as while they are travelling together?
(a) Niece and nephew.
(b) Husband and wife.
(c) Brother and sister.
11. How many days is Villanelle gone for questioning?
12. What sound is Villanelle supposed to make to warn Henri of danger while he is in the Queen´s house?
(a) A seagull cry.
(b) A cough.
(c) A scream.
(d) A laugh.
13. What does Henri say about Villanelle if they were to marry?
(a) She would never be faithful.
(b) She would be wonderful.
(c) She would run away.
(d) She wouldn´t have children.
14. Why does Villanelle tell Henri that a map won´t help him?
(a) Because Henri can´t read a map.
(b) Because they don´t make maps of Venice.
(c) Because it is a living city.
(d) Because maps often lie.
15. What slips into the canal when Villanelle sees the Queen on her balcony?
(a) A plant.
(b) Her oar.
(c) Her bag.
(d) A rug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patrick talk about while he is sick?
2. Why does Henri confess to the murder?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Henri say happens to Patrick?
4. What does the Queen of Spades like to cook for Villanelle?
5. Who does Henri know Villanelle´s husband as?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)