|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Henri at the start of Chapter 4?
(a) In Villanelle´s house.
(b) In an asylum.
(c) In a museum.
(d) On the canal.
2. What question does the Queen ask Villanelle during their last visit together?
(a) Do you still love me?
(b) Will you stay?
(c) Where have you been?
(d) Why did you leave?
3. Which of these voices does NOT haunt Henri?
(c) His father.
(d) The cook.
4. When Henri first reaches Venice, how long does he sleep for?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 1 month.
5. What is in the sixth room of the Queen´s house?
(a) The Queen.
(d) A tapestry.
6. What does Henri say the peasants do for the czar as Napoleon´s army comes?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Kill each other.
(c) Fight from their homes.
(d) Burn their own houses.
7. What is the jar that Henri finds in the Queen´s house wrapped in?
(a) A towel.
(b) Villanelle´s uniform.
(c) A dress.
(d) A scarf.
8. What do the peasants call the czar?
(a) ¨Our Leader¨.
(b) ¨Our Father¨.
(c) ¨Little father¨.
9. What do Villanelle, Henri, and Patrick pose as while they are deserting?
10. How do Villanelle and Henri escape the scene of the crime without oars?
(a) They swim.
(b) Villanelle walks on the canal and pulls the boat.
(c) Villanelle swims and drags the boat.
(d) They jump across the canal.
11. What does Patrick say goes well with spirits when Henri asks him to desert?
(a) Henri´s desperation.
(c) Henri´s tears.
12. What is the name of the church the Venetians go to on New Year´s Eve?
(a) St. Mark´s.
(b) St. John´s.
(c) St. Joseph´s.
(d) St. Paul´s.
13. Who does Henri know Villanelle´s husband as?
(b) The cook.
14. What word does Domino write in the snow when Henri asks him to desert?
15. How does Villanelle wear her hair when she is on the canal?
(b) In a hat.
(c) Always down.
(d) In a bun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henri begin to have nightmares about?
2. Finish this sentence from Chapter 3: ¨Not all men are as fortunate as _________."
3. How many days does it take for the authorities to catch up with Henri and Villanelle?
4. Why does Henri confess to the murder?
5. What project does Henri begin to take up towards the end of the novel?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)