|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Villanelle, Henri, and Patrick pose as while they are deserting?
2. What does Henri say is worse than watching his comrades die?
(a) Watching them cry.
(b) Watching Napoleon cry.
(c) Watching them fight.
(d) Watching them live.
3. Where is Henri wounded?
4. What project does Henri begin to take up towards the end of the novel?
5. When Henri goes out on his own in Venice, how long is he lost for?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 3 days.
(c) One week,
(d) 5 days.
6. How many days does it take for the authorities to catch up with Henri and Villanelle?
7. When Villanelle´s husband finds her, what do they do to settle the score?
(a) Villanelle gives him back the money.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Fight each other.
8. What does Patrick say goes well with spirits when Henri asks him to desert?
(a) Henri´s tears.
(d) Henri´s desperation.
9. When Henri wakes in Venice, what do Villanelle´s parents say he should do to blend in?
(a) Grow a beard.
(b) Shave his beard.
(c) Become a boatsman.
(d) Learn German.
10. What does Henri promise to help Villanelle re-obtain while they are travelling?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her soul.
(c) Her mind.
(d) Her heart.
11. Finish this sentence from Chapter 3: ¨Not all men are as fortunate as _________."
12. Where does Villanelle buy a house?
(a) Next to her parents.
(b) In Moscow.
(c) In France.
(d) Across from the Queen.
13. How long has the group been travelling when Patrick begins to behave oddly?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
14. What sound is Villanelle supposed to make to warn Henri of danger while he is in the Queen´s house?
(a) A cough.
(b) A laugh.
(c) A seagull cry.
(d) A scream.
15. FInish this sentence from Chapter 4: ¨Passion does not take ______ well¨.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Henri first reaches Venice, how long does he sleep for?
2. How does Villanelle wear her hair when she is on the canal?
3. What does Henri say the peasants do for the czar as Napoleon´s army comes?
4. How many languages does Villanelle learn how to speak in the years after she runs away from her husband?
5. When Villanelle sees the Queen on her balcony, how many years has it been since she last saw her?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)