|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many languages does Villanelle learn how to speak in the years after she runs away from her husband?
2. Why does Henri confess to the murder?
(a) To protect Villanelle.
(b) Because he believes in the truth.
(c) To live comfortably.
(d) To get away from Villanelle.
3. Why does Villanelle´s husband want to take her back?
(a) She belongs to the French.
(b) She spat in his face.
(c) She is valuable.
(d) She can speak 5 languages.
4. What island is Napoleon sent to?
5. Why does Villanelle decide to marry the meat man?
(a) To prevent going back to the casino.
(c) To be closer to her enemy.
6. Why won´t Henri leave when Villanelle tries to free him?
(a) He doesn´t feel ready to leave.
(b) He can´t marry Villanelle.
(c) He is angry Villanelle bribed someone.
(d) He wants to get better.
7. What does Patrick talk about while he is sick?
(a) Killing himself.
(b) Going to hell.
(c) Going back to Ireland.
(d) Killing Napoleon.
8. How does Villanelle lose to her husband when he finds her?
(a) He doesn´t want money.
(b) Her gun misfires.
(c) The pack is fixed.
(d) He overpowers her.
9. What quest has the Queen´s husband gone on in Chapter 4?
(a) To fight Napoleon.
(b) To find the Mona Lisa.
(c) To find his long lost love.
(d) To find the Holy Grail.
10. What does Henri say is worse than watching his comrades die?
(a) Watching them live.
(b) Watching Napoleon cry.
(c) Watching them cry.
(d) Watching them fight.
11. What flowers does Henri say his mother used to dry on their roof?
12. What do Villanelle´s parents serve them when Henri and Villanelle reach Venice?
(a) Pasta and wine.
(b) Olives and bread.
(c) Eggs and toast.
(d) Cakes and wine.
13. In chapter 3, what is the name of the Jewish man that Villanelle tells the story about?
14. What prison does Henri say Josephine waited for death in?
15. How does the vivandiere say she was able to get the food she and Patrick are eating?
(a) She paid for them.
(b) She owns them.
(c) In exchange for sex.
(d) She stole them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What smell does Henri say that Bonaparte leaves behind?
2. FInish this sentence from Chapter 4: ¨Passion does not take ______ well¨.
3. When Henri sees his daughter in the boat with Villanelle, what does he wonder?
4. What project does Henri begin to take up towards the end of the novel?
5. How long does Villanelle travel with her husband before she leaves him?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)