|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the days after the murder, what do Villanelle and Henri do?
(a) Burn all the evidence.
(b) Whatever they please.
(c) Run across the border.
2. Why does Henri confess to the murder?
(a) To get away from Villanelle.
(b) Because he believes in the truth.
(c) To live comfortably.
(d) To protect Villanelle.
3. When Henri sees his daughter in the boat with Villanelle, what does he wonder?
(a) Where she got her red hair.
(b) Whether it is his kid.
(c) Whether he will ever see her.
(d) What her feet are like.
4. What does the vivandiere tell Henri the Russians hide under?
(a) The czar.
5. Where does Villanelle buy a house?
(a) In Moscow.
(b) Next to her parents.
(c) Across from the Queen.
(d) In France.
6. What does Henri say the peasants do for the czar as Napoleon´s army comes?
(a) Burn their own houses.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Fight from their homes.
(d) Kill each other.
7. In chapter 3, what is the name of the Jewish man that Villanelle tells the story about?
8. What do Villanelle and Henri pose as while they are travelling together?
(b) Husband and wife.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Niece and nephew.
9. What do Villanelle´s parents want Henri to do?
(a) Kill Napoleon.
(b) Go back to France.
(c) Learn to speak English.
(d) Ask Villanelle to marry him.
10. What does the Jewish man want to exchange with the woman he meets on the street?
11. What does Patrick say goes well with spirits when Henri asks him to desert?
(c) Henri´s desperation.
(d) Henri´s tears.
12. What is Patrick and the vivandiere eating when Henri comes to steal food for his departure?
13. What does Patrick talk about while he is sick?
(a) Killing himself.
(b) Going back to Ireland.
(c) Going to hell.
(d) Killing Napoleon.
14. Where is Henri´s company marching in the beginning of Chapter 3?
15. What do Villanelle, Henri, and Patrick pose as while they are deserting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henri know Villanelle´s husband as?
2. What does Henri say about Villanelle if they were to marry?
3. What is the name of the institution that Henri is sent to?
4. What do Villanelle´s parents serve them when Henri and Villanelle reach Venice?
5. Why does Villanelle tell Henri that a map won´t help him?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)