|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Villanelle´s philosopher friend wear as a crown?
(a) Rags tied together.
(b) Feathers woven together.
(c) Rats tied together.
(d) Flowers tied together.
2. FInish this sentence from Chapter 4: ¨We are a lukewarm people and our longing for freedom is our longing for ______."
3. What relation does Villanelle consider Henri?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her friend.
(c) Her lover.
(d) Her cousin.
4. How many languages does Villanelle learn how to speak in the years after she runs away from her husband?
5. In the days after the murder, what do Villanelle and Henri do?
(b) Burn all the evidence.
(c) Run across the border.
(d) Whatever they please.
6. FInish this sentence from Chapter 4: ¨Passion does not take ______ well¨.
7. When Henri sees his daughter in the boat with Villanelle, what does he wonder?
(a) Where she got her red hair.
(b) Whether it is his kid.
(c) Whether he will ever see her.
(d) What her feet are like.
8. How is Domino injured in Chapter 3?
(a) He has gone crazy.
(b) Part of his face is blown away.
(c) He is crippled.
(d) He has lost an eye.
9. How long does Villanelle travel with her husband before she leaves him?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two months.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Four years.
10. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Henri say happens to Patrick?
(a) He wants to die.
(b) He is a gambler.
(c) He is an alcoholic.
(d) He tries to commit suicide.
11. What sound is Villanelle supposed to make to warn Henri of danger while he is in the Queen´s house?
(a) A laugh.
(b) A seagull cry.
(c) A scream.
(d) A cough.
12. After Henri kills Villanelle´s husband, what does he do?
(a) Starts to cry.
(b) Tosses him into the river.
(c) Cuts off his finger.
(d) Cuts out his heart.
13. In chapter 3, what is the name of the Jewish man that Villanelle tells the story about?
14. What island is Napoleon sent to?
15. In the beginning of Chapter 4, who does Henri say he hears in his room every night?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Villanelle´s parents want Henri to do?
2. What does Henri say is worse than watching his comrades die?
3. What is the name of the institution that Henri is sent to?
4. When Villanelle´s husband finds her, what do they do to settle the score?
5. What does the vivandiere tell Henri the Russians hide under?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)