|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish this sentence from Chapter 4: ¨Victors lose when they _______."
(a) Get lazy.
(b) Make a mistake.
(c) Run out of money.
(d) Are tired of winning.
2. Finish this sentence from Chapter 3: ¨Not all men are as fortunate as _________."
3. How do Villanelle and Henri escape the scene of the crime without oars?
(a) Villanelle swims and drags the boat.
(b) They jump across the canal.
(c) Villanelle walks on the canal and pulls the boat.
(d) They swim.
4. Where is Henri wounded?
5. What question does the Queen ask Villanelle during their last visit together?
(a) Do you still love me?
(b) Where have you been?
(c) Why did you leave?
(d) Will you stay?
6. What is the jar that Henri finds in the Queen´s house wrapped in?
(a) A towel.
(b) Villanelle´s uniform.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A dress.
7. When Villanelle sees the Queen on her balcony, how many years has it been since she last saw her?
8. When Villanelle´s husband finds her, what do they do to settle the score?
(b) Villanelle gives him back the money.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Fight each other.
9. FInish this sentence from Chapter 4: ¨We are a lukewarm people and our longing for freedom is our longing for ______."
10. What smell does Henri say that Bonaparte leaves behind?
(c) Bad breath.
11. How many years does Villanelle say Henri served in the war?
12. What do the peasants call the czar?
(b) ¨Little father¨.
(c) ¨Our Father¨.
(d) ¨Our Leader¨.
13. After Henri kills Villanelle´s husband, what does he do?
(a) Cuts out his heart.
(b) Cuts off his finger.
(c) Starts to cry.
(d) Tosses him into the river.
14. What is the name of the institution that Henri is sent to?
(a) San Servelo.
(b) San Franco.
(c) San Pedro.
(d) San Jose.
15. Why does Henri say he followed Napoleon so wholeheartedly?
(a) He needed something to believe in.
(b) He loved Josephine.
(c) He loved him.
(d) He was stupid and naive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henri begin to have nightmares about?
2. Who does Henri know Villanelle´s husband as?
3. How many days does Villanelle spend with the Queen of Spades in Chapter 3?
4. What does Domino give Henri when Henri asks him to desert?
5. In what year does Henri first see Venice?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)