|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Villanelle calm herself?
(a) By singing a song.
(b) By rowing down the canal.
(c) By going for a walk.
(d) By taking deep breaths.
2. How does Patrick feel about working for the French?
(a) He wants to return to his old job.
(b) He hates Napoleon, but likes his job.
(c) He prefers it to working for the English.
(d) He loves it.
3. Why is Henri unable to secure his first choice of job in the army?
(a) He is not tall enough.
(b) He is not old enough.
(c) He is too old.
(d) His hands are not strong enough.
4. How old was Henry´s mother when she ran away from home?
5. When Henri returns to Napoleon after his leave, why are the Bonapartes spending so much money?
(a) For Napoleon´s coronation.
(b) It is Josephine´s birthday.
(c) To gear up for war.
(d) Josephine had her first child.
6. What does the Queen of Spades say she is doing when she goes to meet Villanelle in secret?
(a) Going to a meeting.
(b) Going for a walk.
(c) Going to the theatre.
(d) Going to the market.
7. What is a vivandiere?
(a) A type of pastry.
(b) A trumpet player.
(c) A dancer.
(d) A prostitute.
8. Why is Villanelle apprehensive about her first dinner date with the Queen of Spades?
(a) The Queen of Spades wants her to have a mustache.
(b) The Queen of Spades thinks she is a man.
(c) The Queen of Spades is too beautiful.
(d) The Queen of Spades is married.
9. How many hands high was Napoleon's horse?
10. What sign does Henri say Napoleon was born under?
11. Finish this sentence: "Christ lost consciousness at ______."
12. At what time of day to the Venetians hold funerals?
13. What is the Queen of Spades´ reaction to Villanelle´s revelation as she leaves?
(a) She begins to laugh.
(b) She vomits.
(c) She already knows.
(d) She is shocked.
14. What did Henri´s mother want to be when she was young?
(a) A man.
(b) A priest.
(c) A nun.
(d) A soldier.
15. Villanelle says that passion is somewhere between fear and what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bonaparte´s Josephine from?
2. What does the cook use to surround the chicken he serves Napoleon?
3. When Henri leaves his hometown, where is his regiment going?
4. How does David flatter Napoleon?
5. What does Patrick steal for him and Henri to enjoy?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)