|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Henry´s mother when she ran away from home?
2. What does Patrick steal for him and Henri to enjoy?
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A bottle of cognac.
3. Finish this sentence: "He kept small servants and _________."
(a) Large horses.
(b) A large ego.
(c) Tall wives.
(d) Miniature ponies.
4. On New Year´s Eve, what burns Henri´s tongue?
(b) Hot coffee.
(c) His dinner.
(d) A communion wafer.
5. At the end of their second date, what does Villanelle do as she leaves?
(a) Tells the Queen of Spades they can never see each other again.
(b) Lifts up her shirt and shows her breasts.
(c) Lets down her hair.
(d) Begins to cry.
6. What does Henri contemplate about snowflakes?
(a) That they freeze in the sky.
(b) Their delicate nature.
(c) How they are all white.
(d) That every snowflake is different.
7. Finish this sentence about Napoleon: ¨He is repulsive and _______ by turns.¨
8. How does Henri feel about Josephine looking at him?
(a) That returning the look would be betraying Napoleon.
(b) He feels dirty.
(c) He considers meeting her in private.
(d) He feels it is a test of loyalty.
9. What does Villanelle call Venice in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The city of water.
(b) The city that never sleeps.
(c) The city of mazes.
(d) The city of darkness.
10. Who helps Henri raise the cook up before Napoleon comes?
(a) A woman.
(c) The captain.
11. What is the height limit for Napoleons' servants?
(a) 4 and a half feet.
(c) 5 feet.
(d) 4 feet.
12. Who does Patrick say he saw in the woods?
(d) A giant.
13. Where does Patrick take Henri on New Year´s Eve?
(a) A whorehouse.
(b) To a play.
14. What prompts Villanelle to refuse the rich man who proposes to her?
(a) He thinks she is a man.
(b) She thinks of the Queen of Spades.
(c) He asks her to dress like a man.
(d) He tells her that he loves her.
15. Finish this sentence: ¨St Paul said it is better to marry than to ______.¨
(d) Be alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Villanelle say the canals are always busy with?
2. Why do many of the soldiers get sores in the winter?
3. What does Henri´s mother give him as he leaves to go to war?
4. How many hands high was Napoleon's horse?
5. What does the homeless woman in Chapter 2 tell Villanelle to beware of?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)