|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the cook use to surround the chicken he serves Napoleon?
2. Finish this sentence: "Christ lost consciousness at ______."
3. What does the homeless woman in Chapter 2 tell Villanelle to beware of?
4. What prompts Villanelle to refuse the rich man who proposes to her?
(a) He thinks she is a man.
(b) He asks her to dress like a man.
(c) She thinks of the Queen of Spades.
(d) He tells her that he loves her.
5. What is Henri´s mother´s name?
6. What color are the Queen of Spades´eyes?
7. Why doesn´t Patrick pray to the Virgin Mary?
(a) Because she is a brunette.
(b) Because she has never answered his prayers.
(c) Because God violated her.
(d) Because she is not a man.
8. What does the cook serve Napoleon´s chicken in?
(a) A silver platter.
(b) A wooden bowl carved especially to fit chicken.
(c) A skull.
(d) A helmet.
9. What is different about Henri´s friend Domino?
(a) He is unusually tall.
(b) He is Corsican.
(c) He has only one arm.
(d) He is a midget.
10. What does Patrick say happened to his boots?
(a) They were burned.
(b) Someone stole them.
(c) They were shrunk.
(d) They got stuck in the mud.
11. What does Villanelle call Venice in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The city of darkness.
(b) The city that never sleeps.
(c) The city of water.
(d) The city of mazes.
12. How does Villanelle calm herself?
(a) By singing a song.
(b) By rowing down the canal.
(c) By taking deep breaths.
(d) By going for a walk.
13. What does Villanelle say that God wants us to do?
(b) Be violent.
(c) Challenge him.
14. What condition is the cook in when Napoleon first comes to their camp?
15. Finish this sentence: ¨St Paul said it is better to marry than to ______.¨
(d) Be alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish this sentence about Napoleon: ¨He is repulsive and _______ by turns.¨
2. How many hands high was Napoleon's horse?
3. Why does Villanelle name her lover the Queen of Spades?
4. How old was Henry´s mother when she ran away from home?
5. At the end of their second date, what does Villanelle do as she leaves?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)