|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henri say his village does at the end of every winter?
(a) Roasts a pig.
(b) Holds a bonfire.
(c) Sets fire to a house.
(d) Hangs a man.
2. What does the cook use to surround the chicken he serves Napoleon?
3. What is said about boatsmen´s feet if their trade is hereditary?
(a) They are black.
(b) They do not have toes.
(c) They cannot walk without shoes.
(d) They are webbed.
4. What is the nationality of the owner of the brothel Henri goes to?
5. What does Villanelle do to the cards after the Queen of Spades leaves?
(a) Takes out the Queen of Hearts.
(b) Does not shuffle them again.
(c) Takes out the Queen of Spades.
(d) Keeps the deck she played with.
6. When Henri returns to Napoleon after his leave, why are the Bonapartes spending so much money?
(a) It is Josephine´s birthday.
(b) To gear up for war.
(c) For Napoleon´s coronation.
(d) Josephine had her first child.
7. Who helps Henri raise the cook up before Napoleon comes?
(a) A woman.
(c) The captain.
8. What is the woman who kisses Henri on New Year´s Ever holding?
(a) A bag of potatoes.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A baby.
(d) A cross.
9. What does Villanelle say that God wants us to do?
(a) Be violent.
(c) Challenge him.
10. What is Villanelle´s stepfather´s reaction to her webbed feet?
(a) "She should keep her feet covered."
(b) "She still has woman parts."
(c) "There are stranger things."
(d) "She can walk on water now."
11. What special talent does Patrick possess?
(a) Excellent marksman.
(b) An incredible sense of smell.
(c) Incredible eyesight.
(d) A good palate.
12. What does the Queen of Spades say she is doing when she goes to meet Villanelle in secret?
(a) Going to the theatre.
(b) Going for a walk.
(c) Going to the market.
(d) Going to a meeting.
13. What does the narrator say Napoleon has a passion for?
(d) Short servants.
14. What is Henri´s first job when he joins the army?
(b) Neck wringer.
15. What kind of champagne does the Queen of Spades order?
(b) Madame Cliquot.
(d) Dom Perignon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Villanelle say the canals are always busy with?
2. Where is Henri´s friend Patrick from?
3. Why is Henri unable to secure his first choice of job in the army?
4. What does the homeless woman in Chapter 2 tell Villanelle to beware of?
5. Finish this sentence: "He kept small servants and _________."
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)