|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henri think about when he is in the brothel?
(a) His father.
2. What sign does Henri say Napoleon was born under?
3. What is the Queen of Spades´ reaction to Villanelle´s revelation as she leaves?
(a) She already knows.
(b) She vomits.
(c) She is shocked.
(d) She begins to laugh.
4. Finish this sentence: "He kept small servants and _________."
(a) Large horses.
(b) Tall wives.
(c) Miniature ponies.
(d) A large ego.
5. What does Villanelle put on her lips when she works?
(d) Berry juice.
6. Where is Bonaparte´s Josephine from?
7. What test does the recruiting officer give Henri to determine his position in the army?
(a) Asks him to hold a pole steady in the palm of his hand.
(b) Asks him the rules of dinner service.
(c) Asks him to pluck a chicken in under 2 minutes.
(d) Asks him to crack a walnut with one hand.
8. What is the fog that descends over Venice called?
9. What does the cook serve Napoleon´s chicken in?
(a) A skull.
(b) A helmet.
(c) A wooden bowl carved especially to fit chicken.
(d) A silver platter.
10. What kind of champagne does the Queen of Spades order?
(a) Dom Perignon.
(c) Madame Cliquot.
11. What is Villanelle wearing on her second date with the Queen of Spades?
(a) An officer´s uniform.
(b) A dress.
(c) Her casino uniform.
(d) Boatsmen´s clothes.
12. Why is Henri unable to secure his first choice of job in the army?
(a) He is not tall enough.
(b) He is too old.
(c) He is not old enough.
(d) His hands are not strong enough.
13. When Villanelle leaves the Queen of Spades´house after their first date, what does she do?
(a) Go for a boat ride.
(b) Leave Venice.
(c) Go back to work.
(d) Walk on the canal.
14. How does Villanelle calm herself?
(a) By singing a song.
(b) By rowing down the canal.
(c) By taking deep breaths.
(d) By going for a walk.
15. How does Henri feel about Josephine looking at him?
(a) He feels it is a test of loyalty.
(b) He feels dirty.
(c) He considers meeting her in private.
(d) That returning the look would be betraying Napoleon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Villanelle go to sit and drink when she doesn´t have work?
2. Why does Villanelle name her lover the Queen of Spades?
3. According to legend, what herb do boatsmen´s wives leave in the boat when they make their offerings?
4. Finish this line from Chapter 2: ¨Gambling is not a vice, it is an expression of ______."
5. Who does Patrick say Henri should stick to praying to?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)