Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henri say he is going to kill when Louise asks him?
(b) The English.
(d) The enemy.
2. What is the fog that descends over Venice called?
3. Why doesnÂ´t Villanelle want to work in the bakery?
(a) She hates bread.
(b) It is a man´s trade.
(c) She can´t bake.
(d) She doesn´t want big arms.
4. How does Villanelle calm herself?
(a) By rowing down the canal.
(b) By singing a song.
(c) By going for a walk.
(d) By taking deep breaths.
5. Why does Napoleon send Henri back to Boulogne?
(a) He is growing distrustful of Henri.
(b) He caught Henri looking at Josephine.
(c) Because he lacks a soldier´s training.
(d) He thinks the front line needs his ingenuity.
6. Why does Villanelle dress like a boy when she works at the casino?
(a) Because she gets paid more as a man.
(b) Because the ambiguity entices the gamblers.
(c) Because she wants to be a man.
(d) Because only men are allowed to work there.
7. What is the height limit for Napoleons' servants?
(b) 5 feet.
(c) 4 and a half feet.
(d) 4 feet.
8. When Henri leaves his hometown, where is his regiment going?
9. When was 'The Passion' written?
10. At the end of their second date, what does Villanelle do as she leaves?
(a) Tells the Queen of Spades they can never see each other again.
(b) Lets down her hair.
(c) Lifts up her shirt and shows her breasts.
(d) Begins to cry.
11. What is the woman who kisses Henri on New YearÂ´s Ever holding?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A bag of potatoes.
(c) A cross.
(d) A baby.
12. On New YearÂ´s Eve, what burns HenriÂ´s tongue?
(a) A communion wafer.
(b) Hot coffee.
(c) His dinner.
13. Who does Patrick say Henri should stick to praying to?
(b) Mary Magdalene.
14. Finish this sentence: "Christ lost consciousness at ______."
15. What does Villanelle say the canals are always busy with?
(b) Vegetable boats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: Â¨You play, you win. You play, you lose. _______."
2. Who is the author of 'The Passion'?
3. Finish this line from Chapter 2: Â¨Gambling is not a vice, it is an expression of ______."
4. How old was HenryÂ´s mother when she ran away from home?
5. How does Patrick feel about working for the French?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)