|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sign does Henri say Napoleon was born under?
2. Why doesn´t Villanelle want to work in the bakery?
(a) She doesn´t want big arms.
(b) It is a man´s trade.
(c) She can´t bake.
(d) She hates bread.
3. What does the cook serve Napoleon´s chicken in?
(a) A skull.
(b) A silver platter.
(c) A wooden bowl carved especially to fit chicken.
(d) A helmet.
4. Finish this sentence: ¨St Paul said it is better to marry than to ______.¨
(b) Be alone.
5. Where is Henri´s friend Patrick from?
6. What is Villanelle´s stepfather´s reaction to her webbed feet?
(a) "She should keep her feet covered."
(b) "She can walk on water now."
(c) "There are stranger things."
(d) "She still has woman parts."
7. Why is Villanelle apprehensive about her first dinner date with the Queen of Spades?
(a) The Queen of Spades is too beautiful.
(b) The Queen of Spades thinks she is a man.
(c) The Queen of Spades wants her to have a mustache.
(d) The Queen of Spades is married.
8. What is the Queen of Spades´ reaction to Villanelle´s revelation as she leaves?
(a) She vomits.
(b) She already knows.
(c) She is shocked.
(d) She begins to laugh.
9. What does Villanelle say the canals are always busy with?
(d) Vegetable boats.
10. Where does Villanelle go to sit and drink when she doesn´t have work?
11. What does Henri´s mother give him as he leaves to go to war?
(a) A bible.
(b) A blessing.
(c) A knife.
12. How does Patrick feel about working for the French?
(a) He prefers it to working for the English.
(b) He hates Napoleon, but likes his job.
(c) He wants to return to his old job.
(d) He loves it.
13. What does the Queen of Spades leave for Villanelle at the gaming table?
(b) Her address.
(c) An earring.
(d) A necklace.
14. What is the height limit for Napoleons' servants?
(a) 4 and a half feet.
(c) 5 feet.
(d) 4 feet.
15. Who does Henri say he is going to kill when Louise asks him?
(a) The enemy.
(b) The English.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henri feel about Josephine looking at him?
2. What color are the Queen of Spades´eyes?
3. How does David flatter Napoleon?
4. What is Henri's first commission?
5. Finish this sentence about Napoleon: ¨He is repulsive and _______ by turns.¨
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)