|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Villanelle leaves the Queen of Spades´house after their first date, what does she do?
(a) Walk on the canal.
(b) Leave Venice.
(c) Go back to work.
(d) Go for a boat ride.
2. What is the height limit for Napoleons' servants?
(b) 5 feet.
(c) 4 and a half feet.
(d) 4 feet.
3. How old was Henry´s mother when she ran away from home?
4. What is the woman who kisses Henri on New Year´s Ever holding?
(a) A cross.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A baby.
(d) A bag of potatoes.
5. What does the Queen of Spades say she is doing when she goes to meet Villanelle in secret?
(a) Going to a meeting.
(b) Going to the market.
(c) Going for a walk.
(d) Going to the theatre.
6. Finish this sentence: "He kept small servants and _________."
(a) Tall wives.
(b) Large horses.
(c) Miniature ponies.
(d) A large ego.
7. What does the Queen of Spades say her husband deals in?
(a) Rare books.
(b) Stocks and bonds.
(c) Gold trade.
(d) Water commerce.
8. Where does Villanelle go to sit and drink when she doesn´t have work?
9. Where does Patrick take Henri on New Year´s Eve?
(a) A whorehouse.
(d) To a play.
10. When Villanelle is sitting at the restaurant on her day off, what does the waiter bring her?
(c) An earring.
(d) A ring.
11. Where is Henri´s friend Patrick from?
12. What is a vivandiere?
(a) A dancer.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A trumpet player.
(d) A type of pastry.
13. How much does the cook weigh?
(a) 150 lbs.
(b) 200 lbs.
(c) 300 lbs.
(d) 120 lbs.
14. What happens to the knife when the midwife tries to cut apart Villanelle´s toes?
(a) It is bent.
(b) It breaks.
(c) It turns black.
(d) It flies out of her hand.
15. How does David flatter Napoleon?
(a) He says his head is perfectly round.
(b) He says he is the perfect height.
(c) He tells him that he is his hero.
(d) He says that he is the most perfect human alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was 'The Passion' written?
2. What does the cook use to surround the chicken he serves Napoleon?
3. What is the quote that opens 'The Passion' taken from?
4. How many hands high was Napoleon's horse?
5. Who is Josephine sitting with when Henri serves her melon?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)