|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Villanelle is sitting at the restaurant on her day off, what does the waiter bring her?
(b) A ring.
(c) An earring.
2. Who helps Henri raise the cook up before Napoleon comes?
(a) The captain.
(b) A woman.
3. Why is Villanelle apprehensive about her first dinner date with the Queen of Spades?
(a) The Queen of Spades wants her to have a mustache.
(b) The Queen of Spades thinks she is a man.
(c) The Queen of Spades is married.
(d) The Queen of Spades is too beautiful.
4. What is the quote that opens 'The Passion' taken from?
(b) Pride and Predjudice.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) The Tempest.
5. What is the height limit for Napoleons' servants?
(a) 5 feet.
(b) 4 and a half feet.
(d) 4 feet.
6. What is a vivandiere?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A trumpet player.
(d) A type of pastry.
7. What does Henri say his village does at the end of every winter?
(a) Sets fire to a house.
(b) Hangs a man.
(c) Roasts a pig.
(d) Holds a bonfire.
8. What does Patrick steal for him and Henri to enjoy?
(b) A chicken.
(c) A loaf of bread.
(d) A bottle of cognac.
9. What did Patrick do before he was recruited by Napoleon?
(a) He was a general.
(b) He was a bum.
(c) He was a priest.
(d) He was a blacksmith.
10. What does the homeless woman in Chapter 2 tell Villanelle to beware of?
11. How does Villanelle calm herself?
(a) By going for a walk.
(b) By singing a song.
(c) By rowing down the canal.
(d) By taking deep breaths.
12. How does Henri feel about Josephine looking at him?
(a) He feels dirty.
(b) He considers meeting her in private.
(c) He feels it is a test of loyalty.
(d) That returning the look would be betraying Napoleon.
13. Villanelle says that passion is somewhere between fear and what?
14. Finish this sentence about Napoleon: ¨He is repulsive and _______ by turns.¨
15. Why does Villanelle dress like a boy when she works at the casino?
(a) Because the ambiguity entices the gamblers.
(b) Because she gets paid more as a man.
(c) Because she wants to be a man.
(d) Because only men are allowed to work there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nationality of the owner of the brothel Henri goes to?
2. What color are the Queen of Spades´eyes?
3. What does the cook serve Napoleon´s chicken in?
4. What is the woman who kisses Henri on New Year´s Ever holding?
5. What is Villanelle´s stepfather´s reaction to her webbed feet?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)