|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the knife when the midwife tries to cut apart Villanelle´s toes?
(a) It breaks.
(b) It is bent.
(c) It turns black.
(d) It flies out of her hand.
2. Who does Patrick say he saw in the woods?
(b) A giant.
3. What does Villanelle do to the cards after the Queen of Spades leaves?
(a) Keeps the deck she played with.
(b) Takes out the Queen of Spades.
(c) Does not shuffle them again.
(d) Takes out the Queen of Hearts.
4. What job does Henri originally want when he joins the army?
(c) Flag raiser.
5. What does Napoleon do to Henri when he hears the explanation of Henri´s propping-up of the cook?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Pinches his ear.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Demotes him.
6. When Villanelle leaves the Queen of Spades´house after their first date, what does she do?
(a) Walk on the canal.
(b) Go for a boat ride.
(c) Go back to work.
(d) Leave Venice.
7. On their second date, what does the Queen of Spades ask Villanelle to do?
(a) Let her stroke her feet.
(b) Introduce her to her family.
(c) Write her a poem.
(d) Sing to her.
8. How does David flatter Napoleon?
(a) He tells him that he is his hero.
(b) He says that he is the most perfect human alive.
(c) He says he is the perfect height.
(d) He says his head is perfectly round.
9. How does Patrick feel about working for the French?
(a) He loves it.
(b) He hates Napoleon, but likes his job.
(c) He prefers it to working for the English.
(d) He wants to return to his old job.
10. What is the nationality of the owner of the brothel Henri goes to?
11. What special talent does Patrick possess?
(a) A good palate.
(b) An incredible sense of smell.
(c) Excellent marksman.
(d) Incredible eyesight.
12. What prompts Villanelle to refuse the rich man who proposes to her?
(a) She thinks of the Queen of Spades.
(b) He tells her that he loves her.
(c) He thinks she is a man.
(d) He asks her to dress like a man.
13. How does Henri feel about Josephine looking at him?
(a) That returning the look would be betraying Napoleon.
(b) He feels dirty.
(c) He feels it is a test of loyalty.
(d) He considers meeting her in private.
14. What does Villanelle call Venice in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The city of water.
(b) The city that never sleeps.
(c) The city of mazes.
(d) The city of darkness.
15. Why doesn´t Patrick pray to the Virgin Mary?
(a) Because she has never answered his prayers.
(b) Because God violated her.
(c) Because she is a brunette.
(d) Because she is not a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henri say his village does at the end of every winter?
2. Where is Bonaparte´s Josephine from?
3. Who does Patrick say Henri should stick to praying to?
4. At the end of their second date, what does Villanelle do as she leaves?
5. How many hands high was Napoleon's horse?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)