|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Patrick do before he was recruited by Napoleon?
(a) He was a general.
(b) He was a priest.
(c) He was a bum.
(d) He was a blacksmith.
2. What does Villanelle say that God wants us to do?
(a) Challenge him.
(d) Be violent.
3. What is Villanelle wearing on her second date with the Queen of Spades?
(a) A dress.
(b) Boatsmen´s clothes.
(c) An officer´s uniform.
(d) Her casino uniform.
4. What does Henri think about when he is in the brothel?
(c) His father.
5. How long has Henri been gone when he returns home on leave?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
6. Where is Bonaparte´s Josephine from?
7. What does Villanelle put on her lips when she works?
(d) Berry juice.
8. At what time of day to the Venetians hold funerals?
9. Why do many of the soldiers get sores in the winter?
(a) From marching too much.
(b) From the weight of their packs.
(c) From the salt and wind.
(d) From illness.
10. What is the quote that opens 'The Passion' taken from?
(a) Pride and Predjudice.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) The Tempest.
11. What is the woman who kisses Henri on New Year´s Ever holding?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A cross.
(c) A bag of potatoes.
(d) A baby.
12. What is different about Henri´s friend Domino?
(a) He is unusually tall.
(b) He is a midget.
(c) He is Corsican.
(d) He has only one arm.
13. What test does the recruiting officer give Henri to determine his position in the army?
(a) Asks him to hold a pole steady in the palm of his hand.
(b) Asks him to crack a walnut with one hand.
(c) Asks him to pluck a chicken in under 2 minutes.
(d) Asks him the rules of dinner service.
14. Finish this sentence: "He kept small servants and _________."
(a) Large horses.
(b) Miniature ponies.
(c) A large ego.
(d) Tall wives.
15. What is the Queen of Spades´ reaction to Villanelle´s revelation as she leaves?
(a) She vomits.
(b) She begins to laugh.
(c) She is shocked.
(d) She already knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to legend, what herb do boatsmen´s wives leave in the boat when they make their offerings?
2. What does Henri´s mother give him as he leaves to go to war?
3. How much does the cook weigh?
4. Finish this sentence: ¨St Paul said it is better to marry than to ______.¨
5. Why doesn´t Patrick pray to the Virgin Mary?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)