|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish this sentence about Napoleon: ¨He is repulsive and _______ by turns.¨
2. How does Villanelle calm herself?
(a) By going for a walk.
(b) By singing a song.
(c) By taking deep breaths.
(d) By rowing down the canal.
3. What does Henri´s mother give him as he leaves to go to war?
(a) A bible.
(b) A blessing.
(c) A knife.
4. What is the fog that descends over Venice called?
5. What does the Queen of Spades say she is doing when she goes to meet Villanelle in secret?
(a) Going for a walk.
(b) Going to the theatre.
(c) Going to the market.
(d) Going to a meeting.
6. Finish this sentence: "He kept small servants and _________."
(a) A large ego.
(b) Large horses.
(c) Miniature ponies.
(d) Tall wives.
7. What does Villanelle say the canals are always busy with?
(a) Vegetable boats.
8. Where does Villanelle go to sit and drink when she doesn´t have work?
9. When Villanelle leaves the Queen of Spades´house after their first date, what does she do?
(a) Walk on the canal.
(b) Leave Venice.
(c) Go for a boat ride.
(d) Go back to work.
10. On New Year´s Eve, what burns Henri´s tongue?
(b) His dinner.
(c) Hot coffee.
(d) A communion wafer.
11. Where is Bonaparte´s Josephine from?
12. What does the homeless woman in Chapter 2 tell Villanelle to beware of?
13. Why doesn´t Patrick pray to the Virgin Mary?
(a) Because God violated her.
(b) Because she is a brunette.
(c) Because she is not a man.
(d) Because she has never answered his prayers.
14. What does the cook serve Napoleon´s chicken in?
(a) A wooden bowl carved especially to fit chicken.
(b) A skull.
(c) A silver platter.
(d) A helmet.
15. How much does the cook weigh?
(a) 150 lbs.
(b) 120 lbs.
(c) 300 lbs.
(d) 200 lbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day to the Venetians hold funerals?
2. Finish this sentence from Chapter 2: ¨Bridges join but they also _______.¨
3. What did Patrick do before he was recruited by Napoleon?
4. Why does Villanelle dress like a boy when she works at the casino?
5. What does Napoleon do to Henri when he hears the explanation of Henri´s propping-up of the cook?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)