|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Villanelle is sitting at the restaurant on her day off, what does the waiter bring her?
(c) A ring.
(d) An earring.
2. What is different about Henri´s friend Domino?
(a) He is unusually tall.
(b) He is a midget.
(c) He is Corsican.
(d) He has only one arm.
3. What kind of champagne does the Queen of Spades order?
(a) Dom Perignon.
(d) Madame Cliquot.
4. Who does Patrick say Henri should stick to praying to?
(b) Mary Magdalene.
5. When was 'The Passion' written?
6. What is the height limit for Napoleons' servants?
(a) 4 feet.
(c) 4 and a half feet.
(d) 5 feet.
7. What color are the Queen of Spades´eyes?
8. At the end of their second date, what does Villanelle do as she leaves?
(a) Lets down her hair.
(b) Begins to cry.
(c) Tells the Queen of Spades they can never see each other again.
(d) Lifts up her shirt and shows her breasts.
9. What is the Queen of Spades´ reaction to Villanelle´s revelation as she leaves?
(a) She is shocked.
(b) She already knows.
(c) She begins to laugh.
(d) She vomits.
10. What did Patrick do before he was recruited by Napoleon?
(a) He was a blacksmith.
(b) He was a general.
(c) He was a priest.
(d) He was a bum.
11. When Henri leaves his hometown, where is his regiment going?
12. What is Villanelle wearing on her second date with the Queen of Spades?
(a) An officer´s uniform.
(b) Her casino uniform.
(c) A dress.
(d) Boatsmen´s clothes.
13. Why does Villanelle name her lover the Queen of Spades?
(a) That is a term for royalty.
(b) She won with the Queen of Spades card.
(c) The woman always played spades.
(d) The Queen of Spades represents love.
14. What does Villanelle say the canals are always busy with?
(a) Vegetable boats.
15. Finish this sentence: "He kept small servants and _________."
(a) Miniature ponies.
(b) Large horses.
(c) A large ego.
(d) Tall wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woman who kisses Henri on New Year´s Ever holding?
2. How long has Henri been gone when he returns home on leave?
3. What does Villanelle say that God wants us to do?
4. What test does the recruiting officer give Henri to determine his position in the army?
5. How does Patrick feel about working for the French?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)