|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Villanelle wearing on her second date with the Queen of Spades?
(a) A dress.
(b) Her casino uniform.
(c) Boatsmen´s clothes.
(d) An officer´s uniform.
2. Finish this sentence about Napoleon: ¨He is repulsive and _______ by turns.¨
3. What is Henri's first commission?
(c) Neck wringer.
4. Finish this sentence: "Christ lost consciousness at ______."
5. What does Henri think about when he is in the brothel?
(d) His father.
6. Where does Patrick take Henri on New Year´s Eve?
(a) To a play.
(d) A whorehouse.
7. How does David flatter Napoleon?
(a) He says he is the perfect height.
(b) He says that he is the most perfect human alive.
(c) He tells him that he is his hero.
(d) He says his head is perfectly round.
8. What did Patrick do before he was recruited by Napoleon?
(a) He was a bum.
(b) He was a general.
(c) He was a blacksmith.
(d) He was a priest.
9. What prompts Villanelle to refuse the rich man who proposes to her?
(a) He thinks she is a man.
(b) She thinks of the Queen of Spades.
(c) He asks her to dress like a man.
(d) He tells her that he loves her.
10. What does the cook serve Napoleon´s chicken in?
(a) A skull.
(b) A helmet.
(c) A wooden bowl carved especially to fit chicken.
(d) A silver platter.
11. Why doesn´t Patrick pray to the Virgin Mary?
(a) Because she has never answered his prayers.
(b) Because God violated her.
(c) Because she is a brunette.
(d) Because she is not a man.
12. What is different about Henri´s friend Domino?
(a) He is unusually tall.
(b) He is Corsican.
(c) He has only one arm.
(d) He is a midget.
13. What test does the recruiting officer give Henri to determine his position in the army?
(a) Asks him to crack a walnut with one hand.
(b) Asks him to pluck a chicken in under 2 minutes.
(c) Asks him to hold a pole steady in the palm of his hand.
(d) Asks him the rules of dinner service.
14. When was 'The Passion' written?
15. Why doesn´t Villanelle want to work in the bakery?
(a) She hates bread.
(b) She can´t bake.
(c) She doesn´t want big arms.
(d) It is a man´s trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Queen of Spades say she is doing when she goes to meet Villanelle in secret?
2. Where does Villanelle go to sit and drink when she doesn´t have work?
3. Who does Henri say he is going to kill when Louise asks him?
4. According to legend, what herb do boatsmen´s wives leave in the boat when they make their offerings?
5. Why does Villanelle name her lover the Queen of Spades?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)