|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Patrick say he saw in the woods?
(c) A giant.
2. According to legend, what herb do boatsmen´s wives leave in the boat when they make their offerings?
3. Who does Henri say he is going to kill when Louise asks him?
(a) The enemy.
(b) The English.
4. What is the height limit for Napoleons' servants?
(b) 4 feet.
(c) 4 and a half feet.
(d) 5 feet.
5. What is said about boatsmen´s feet if their trade is hereditary?
(a) They cannot walk without shoes.
(b) They do not have toes.
(c) They are webbed.
(d) They are black.
6. When Henri returns to Napoleon after his leave, why are the Bonapartes spending so much money?
(a) To gear up for war.
(b) For Napoleon´s coronation.
(c) Josephine had her first child.
(d) It is Josephine´s birthday.
7. How does Henri feel about Josephine looking at him?
(a) That returning the look would be betraying Napoleon.
(b) He feels it is a test of loyalty.
(c) He considers meeting her in private.
(d) He feels dirty.
8. What does Villanelle put on her lips when she works?
(a) Berry juice.
9. What is Henri's first commission?
(a) Neck wringer.
10. Who does Patrick say Henri should stick to praying to?
(d) Mary Magdalene.
11. Finish this line from Chapter 2: ¨Gambling is not a vice, it is an expression of ______."
(a) Our happiness.
(b) Our worldliness.
(c) Our humaness.
(d) Our hatred.
12. What does the Queen of Spades say her husband deals in?
(a) Stocks and bonds.
(b) Rare books.
(c) Water commerce.
(d) Gold trade.
13. Where does Patrick take Henri on New Year´s Eve?
(c) To a play.
(d) A whorehouse.
14. What does the Queen of Spades leave for Villanelle at the gaming table?
(a) A necklace.
(b) Her address.
(d) An earring.
15. What prompts Villanelle to refuse the rich man who proposes to her?
(a) He asks her to dress like a man.
(b) He tells her that he loves her.
(c) He thinks she is a man.
(d) She thinks of the Queen of Spades.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Henri been gone when he returns home on leave?
2. What is the woman who kisses Henri on New Year´s Ever holding?
3. Why is Henri unable to secure his first choice of job in the army?
4. Finish this sentence: "He kept small servants and _________."
5. On their second date, what does the Queen of Spades ask Villanelle to do?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)