|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sign does Henri say Napoleon was born under?
2. Why does Napoleon send Henri back to Boulogne?
(a) He is growing distrustful of Henri.
(b) Because he lacks a soldier´s training.
(c) He thinks the front line needs his ingenuity.
(d) He caught Henri looking at Josephine.
3. What mistake does Villanelle´s mother make when she goes to make her offering?
(a) She drops her sprig of oregano.
(b) She drops her sprig of marjoram.
(c) She drops her sprig of thyme.
(d) She drops her sprig of rosemary.
4. On their second date, what does the Queen of Spades ask Villanelle to do?
(a) Sing to her.
(b) Introduce her to her family.
(c) Let her stroke her feet.
(d) Write her a poem.
5. Finish this sentence: "Christ lost consciousness at ______."
6. How does Henri feel about Josephine looking at him?
(a) He considers meeting her in private.
(b) That returning the look would be betraying Napoleon.
(c) He feels it is a test of loyalty.
(d) He feels dirty.
7. What does Henri say his village does at the end of every winter?
(a) Roasts a pig.
(b) Sets fire to a house.
(c) Holds a bonfire.
(d) Hangs a man.
8. When Villanelle leaves the Queen of Spades´house after their first date, what does she do?
(a) Go back to work.
(b) Go for a boat ride.
(c) Leave Venice.
(d) Walk on the canal.
9. What is said about boatsmen´s feet if their trade is hereditary?
(a) They cannot walk without shoes.
(b) They are webbed.
(c) They are black.
(d) They do not have toes.
10. Who does Patrick say Henri should stick to praying to?
(c) Mary Magdalene.
11. What does Henri contemplate about snowflakes?
(a) That they freeze in the sky.
(b) Their delicate nature.
(c) How they are all white.
(d) That every snowflake is different.
12. How does David flatter Napoleon?
(a) He says his head is perfectly round.
(b) He tells him that he is his hero.
(c) He says that he is the most perfect human alive.
(d) He says he is the perfect height.
13. What is the woman who kisses Henri on New Year´s Ever holding?
(a) A bag of potatoes.
(b) A cross.
(c) A baby.
(d) A bottle of wine.
14. What does Villanelle call Venice in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The city of darkness.
(b) The city of water.
(c) The city of mazes.
(d) The city that never sleeps.
15. Who is the author of 'The Passion'?
(a) Jean Winters.
(b) Jeanette Winterson.
(c) Jeanette Peters.
(d) Jennifer Winterson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Queen of Spades say she is doing when she goes to meet Villanelle in secret?
2. Who does Patrick say he saw in the woods?
3. What is the height limit for Napoleons' servants?
4. Finish this sentence from Chapter 2: ¨Bridges join but they also _______.¨
5. What does Patrick steal for him and Henri to enjoy?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)