|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henri say he is going to kill when Louise asks him?
(a) The English.
(d) The enemy.
2. Why does Villanelle name her lover the Queen of Spades?
(a) The woman always played spades.
(b) The Queen of Spades represents love.
(c) That is a term for royalty.
(d) She won with the Queen of Spades card.
3. Finish this sentence about Napoleon: ¨He is repulsive and _______ by turns.¨
4. Why doesn´t Villanelle want to work in the bakery?
(a) She doesn´t want big arms.
(b) It is a man´s trade.
(c) She hates bread.
(d) She can´t bake.
5. What did Patrick do before he was recruited by Napoleon?
(a) He was a priest.
(b) He was a blacksmith.
(c) He was a general.
(d) He was a bum.
6. What is the height limit for Napoleons' servants?
(a) 5 feet.
(c) 4 and a half feet.
(d) 4 feet.
7. At the end of their second date, what does Villanelle do as she leaves?
(a) Lifts up her shirt and shows her breasts.
(b) Lets down her hair.
(c) Tells the Queen of Spades they can never see each other again.
(d) Begins to cry.
8. What special talent does Patrick possess?
(a) Incredible eyesight.
(b) Excellent marksman.
(c) A good palate.
(d) An incredible sense of smell.
9. How many hands high was Napoleon's horse?
10. What is the fog that descends over Venice called?
11. When Villanelle is sitting at the restaurant on her day off, what does the waiter bring her?
(a) An earring.
(d) A ring.
12. When Villanelle refuses to marry the rich man, what does he do to her?
(a) Walks away.
(b) Starts to cry.
(c) Hits her and then rapes her.
(d) Threatens to kill her.
13. What does Villanelle say that God wants us to do?
(b) Challenge him.
(c) Be violent.
14. What test does the recruiting officer give Henri to determine his position in the army?
(a) Asks him to pluck a chicken in under 2 minutes.
(b) Asks him to hold a pole steady in the palm of his hand.
(c) Asks him to crack a walnut with one hand.
(d) Asks him the rules of dinner service.
15. According to legend, what herb do boatsmen´s wives leave in the boat when they make their offerings?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woman who kisses Henri on New Year´s Ever holding?
2. What does the Queen of Spades say she is doing when she goes to meet Villanelle in secret?
3. What prompts Villanelle to refuse the rich man who proposes to her?
4. Why does Napoleon send Henri back to Boulogne?
5. What does the Queen of Spades say her husband deals in?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)