|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the Queen of Spades´eyes?
2. How does Villanelle calm herself?
(a) By singing a song.
(b) By going for a walk.
(c) By rowing down the canal.
(d) By taking deep breaths.
3. What is the quote that opens 'The Passion' taken from?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) The Tempest.
(d) Pride and Predjudice.
4. What is the nationality of the owner of the brothel Henri goes to?
5. How long has Henri been gone when he returns home on leave?
(a) Six months.
(b) One month.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
6. Finish this sentence: "He kept small servants and _________."
(a) Large horses.
(b) Tall wives.
(c) A large ego.
(d) Miniature ponies.
7. How does Patrick feel about working for the French?
(a) He loves it.
(b) He wants to return to his old job.
(c) He hates Napoleon, but likes his job.
(d) He prefers it to working for the English.
8. What does Napoleon do to Henri when he hears the explanation of Henri´s propping-up of the cook?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Demotes him.
(c) Hugs him.
(d) Pinches his ear.
9. What is the fog that descends over Venice called?
10. Finish this sentence from Chapter 2: ¨Bridges join but they also _______.¨
11. Who does Henri say he is going to kill when Louise asks him?
(a) The enemy.
(c) The English.
12. What mistake does Villanelle´s mother make when she goes to make her offering?
(a) She drops her sprig of rosemary.
(b) She drops her sprig of oregano.
(c) She drops her sprig of thyme.
(d) She drops her sprig of marjoram.
13. Where does Villanelle go to sit and drink when she doesn´t have work?
14. What does Villanelle say that God wants us to do?
(c) Challenge him.
(d) Be violent.
15. Finish the sentence: ¨You play, you win. You play, you lose. _______."
(a) You play.
(b) You quit.
(c) The end.
(d) You lose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bonaparte´s Josephine from?
2. When Villanelle refuses to marry the rich man, what does he do to her?
3. Why does Villanelle dress like a boy when she works at the casino?
4. What condition is the cook in when Napoleon first comes to their camp?
5. Why does Napoleon send Henri back to Boulogne?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)