|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Villanelle refuses to marry the rich man, what does he do to her?
(a) Walks away.
(b) Starts to cry.
(c) Threatens to kill her.
(d) Hits her and then rapes her.
2. What job does Henri originally want when he joins the army?
(d) Flag raiser.
3. Where does Villanelle go to sit and drink when she doesn´t have work?
4. Finish this sentence: "He kept small servants and _________."
(a) Large horses.
(b) Tall wives.
(c) Miniature ponies.
(d) A large ego.
5. How much does the cook weigh?
(a) 120 lbs.
(b) 200 lbs.
(c) 150 lbs.
(d) 300 lbs.
6. What does the cook serve Napoleon´s chicken in?
(a) A helmet.
(b) A wooden bowl carved especially to fit chicken.
(c) A skull.
(d) A silver platter.
7. What condition is the cook in when Napoleon first comes to their camp?
8. How old was Henry´s mother when she ran away from home?
9. Why is Henri unable to secure his first choice of job in the army?
(a) His hands are not strong enough.
(b) He is too old.
(c) He is not tall enough.
(d) He is not old enough.
10. Why doesn´t Villanelle want to work in the bakery?
(a) She can´t bake.
(b) She hates bread.
(c) She doesn´t want big arms.
(d) It is a man´s trade.
11. Why does Napoleon send Henri back to Boulogne?
(a) He thinks the front line needs his ingenuity.
(b) He caught Henri looking at Josephine.
(c) Because he lacks a soldier´s training.
(d) He is growing distrustful of Henri.
12. On their second date, what does the Queen of Spades ask Villanelle to do?
(a) Write her a poem.
(b) Let her stroke her feet.
(c) Introduce her to her family.
(d) Sing to her.
13. What is said about boatsmen´s feet if their trade is hereditary?
(a) They are webbed.
(b) They are black.
(c) They cannot walk without shoes.
(d) They do not have toes.
14. When was 'The Passion' written?
15. What does the cook use to surround the chicken he serves Napoleon?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Villanelle leaves the Queen of Spades´house after their first date, what does she do?
2. Why is Villanelle apprehensive about her first dinner date with the Queen of Spades?
3. When Henri leaves his hometown, where is his regiment going?
4. What is Villanelle wearing on her second date with the Queen of Spades?
5. Why do many of the soldiers get sores in the winter?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)