|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompts Villanelle to refuse the rich man who proposes to her?
(a) She thinks of the Queen of Spades.
(b) He asks her to dress like a man.
(c) He thinks she is a man.
(d) He tells her that he loves her.
2. Finish this sentence about Napoleon: ¨He is repulsive and _______ by turns.¨
3. Why doesn´t Patrick pray to the Virgin Mary?
(a) Because God violated her.
(b) Because she is a brunette.
(c) Because she is not a man.
(d) Because she has never answered his prayers.
4. What condition is the cook in when Napoleon first comes to their camp?
5. When Villanelle leaves the Queen of Spades´house after their first date, what does she do?
(a) Walk on the canal.
(b) Go for a boat ride.
(c) Go back to work.
(d) Leave Venice.
6. How does David flatter Napoleon?
(a) He tells him that he is his hero.
(b) He says that he is the most perfect human alive.
(c) He says his head is perfectly round.
(d) He says he is the perfect height.
7. How many hands high was Napoleon's horse?
8. What is different about Henri´s friend Domino?
(a) He has only one arm.
(b) He is unusually tall.
(c) He is Corsican.
(d) He is a midget.
9. Who does Patrick say Henri should stick to praying to?
(b) Mary Magdalene.
10. Why is Villanelle apprehensive about her first dinner date with the Queen of Spades?
(a) The Queen of Spades thinks she is a man.
(b) The Queen of Spades is married.
(c) The Queen of Spades is too beautiful.
(d) The Queen of Spades wants her to have a mustache.
11. What does the Queen of Spades leave for Villanelle at the gaming table?
(a) A necklace.
(b) An earring.
(c) Her address.
12. Finish this line from Chapter 2: ¨Gambling is not a vice, it is an expression of ______."
(a) Our worldliness.
(b) Our happiness.
(c) Our humaness.
(d) Our hatred.
13. What is Henri´s mother´s name?
14. Who is Josephine sitting with when Henri serves her melon?
(a) Her father.
15. Where is Henri´s friend Patrick from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henri say his village does at the end of every winter?
2. What does the homeless woman in Chapter 2 tell Villanelle to beware of?
3. How does Henri feel about Josephine looking at him?
4. What is Villanelle´s stepfather´s reaction to her webbed feet?
5. What does Henri think about when he is in the brothel?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)