Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1, The Emperor, pg. 1-15
1. What is the name of the main character? When do we first hear it?
2. How tall are Napoleon's servants? Why is this?
3. How many hands tall is Napoleon's horse? Why could no stable boy last?
4. What job does Henri originally want? Who prevents him from getting it?
5. When the little village girl asks Henri who he will kill, what does he reply? How does he clarify this for her?
This section contains 1,237 words|
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)