|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Queen of Spades, pg. 63-76.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On New Year´s Eve, what burns Henri´s tongue?
(a) A communion wafer.
(b) Hot coffee.
(d) His dinner.
2. Finish this sentence about Napoleon: ¨He is repulsive and _______ by turns.¨
3. Why does Villanelle name her lover the Queen of Spades?
(a) The woman always played spades.
(b) The Queen of Spades represents love.
(c) She won with the Queen of Spades card.
(d) That is a term for royalty.
4. What does the homeless woman in Chapter 2 tell Villanelle to beware of?
5. What is a vivandiere?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A trumpet player.
(d) A type of pastry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition is the cook in when Napoleon first comes to their camp?
2. When Villanelle refuses to marry the rich man, what does he do to her?
3. Why does Villanelle dress like a boy when she works at the casino?
4. What color are the Queen of Spades´eyes?
5. Who does Patrick say he saw in the woods?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)