|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Queen of Spades, pg. 46-62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do many of the soldiers get sores in the winter?
(a) From the weight of their packs.
(b) From marching too much.
(c) From the salt and wind.
(d) From illness.
2. How long has Henri been gone when he returns home on leave?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
3. What does the narrator say Napoleon has a passion for?
(d) Short servants.
4. What is Villanelle´s stepfather´s reaction to her webbed feet?
(a) "She should keep her feet covered."
(b) "She can walk on water now."
(c) "She still has woman parts."
(d) "There are stranger things."
5. What kind of champagne does the Queen of Spades order?
(c) Dom Perignon.
(d) Madame Cliquot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn´t Villanelle want to work in the bakery?
2. How does Villanelle calm herself?
3. When Henri leaves his hometown, where is his regiment going?
4. According to legend, what herb do boatsmen´s wives leave in the boat when they make their offerings?
5. Finish this sentence: ¨St Paul said it is better to marry than to ______.¨
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)