|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Queen of Spades, pg. 46-62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Villanelle call Venice in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The city that never sleeps.
(b) The city of water.
(c) The city of mazes.
(d) The city of darkness.
2. What does Villanelle do to the cards after the Queen of Spades leaves?
(a) Keeps the deck she played with.
(b) Does not shuffle them again.
(c) Takes out the Queen of Hearts.
(d) Takes out the Queen of Spades.
3. According to legend, what herb do boatsmen´s wives leave in the boat when they make their offerings?
4. What does Patrick steal for him and Henri to enjoy?
(b) A chicken.
(c) A bottle of cognac.
(d) A loaf of bread.
5. What is said about boatsmen´s feet if their trade is hereditary?
(a) They are black.
(b) They do not have toes.
(c) They cannot walk without shoes.
(d) They are webbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henri feel about Josephine looking at him?
2. How many hands high was Napoleon's horse?
3. What is the nationality of the owner of the brothel Henri goes to?
4. When Henri leaves his hometown, where is his regiment going?
5. How does Patrick feel about working for the French?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)