|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Emperor, pg. 16-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the quote that opens 'The Passion' taken from?
(b) Pride and Predjudice.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) The Tempest.
2. What test does the recruiting officer give Henri to determine his position in the army?
(a) Asks him the rules of dinner service.
(b) Asks him to hold a pole steady in the palm of his hand.
(c) Asks him to crack a walnut with one hand.
(d) Asks him to pluck a chicken in under 2 minutes.
3. What does Napoleon do to Henri when he hears the explanation of Henri´s propping-up of the cook?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Demotes him.
(c) Pinches his ear.
(d) Hugs him.
4. What sign does Henri say Napoleon was born under?
5. Finish this sentence: ¨St Paul said it is better to marry than to ______.¨
(a) Be alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Napoleon has a passion for?
2. Finish this sentence: "He kept small servants and _________."
3. What did Henri´s mother want to be when she was young?
4. What is Henri´s first job when he joins the army?
5. What does Henri say his village does at the end of every winter?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)