|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Emperor, pg. 16-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Henri´s friend Patrick from?
2. What does Napoleon do to Henri when he hears the explanation of Henri´s propping-up of the cook?
(a) Pinches his ear.
(b) Demotes him.
(c) Hugs him.
(d) Slaps him.
3. What test does the recruiting officer give Henri to determine his position in the army?
(a) Asks him to crack a walnut with one hand.
(b) Asks him the rules of dinner service.
(c) Asks him to hold a pole steady in the palm of his hand.
(d) Asks him to pluck a chicken in under 2 minutes.
4. What sign does Henri say Napoleon was born under?
5. Finish this sentence: ¨St Paul said it is better to marry than to ______.¨
(a) Be alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the height limit for Napoleons' servants?
2. Who is the author of 'The Passion'?
3. When Henri leaves his hometown, where is his regiment going?
4. Where is Bonaparte´s Josephine from?
5. Why is Henri unable to secure his first choice of job in the army?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)